test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Another TR Post

tgsmoothtgsmooth Member Posts: 52 Arc User
edited July 2015 in PvP Discussion
SO to everyone who says learn your class, TR's aren't grossly over powered in pvp, your wrong. Seriously I have so many clips of TRs just grossly overpowering a team. Lets see so everyone that disagrees can rant again, you have the permastealth TR that can hold a position BY THEIRSELF, can't hit them can't do anything, this is fair how. Then we have the permastun TR, with an at will (you know the one that always shows up concussive stikes), then smoke bomb, dazing strike, but yeah their not OP when they have an at-will that can CC. Then theres the hard hitters that can hit a SW for 37k, mind you I have Full Profound gear, rings, and neck, 32k HP, 30% def, 25% pvp dmg resist, so really this is fair how, someone please explain, don't give me the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about get better, I'm on page 6 of the leaderboards, 1340 kills and 500 and some deahts. To further my case why is the first three pages on the leader boards mostly TR's??????Anyone who says their not OP is a TR, get over yourself you have more CC than a CW and HR, you have more deflection severity than any other class, 75% so you get more deflection severity than a tank really? So even when you hit a TR your not even doing that much dmg compared to what you would to another class if they deflect it.

One more thing I hope the devs could look into, they dodge window on rouges seems broken to. When a rogue rolls there is a 2-3 seconds window AFTER they roll where you still cannot hit them with that annoying dodge appearing above their head. Really 3 second after and I still can't deal damage. I think if this was fixed it would help with the rogue problem.

I think this needs to be balanced a little bit, a lot of people are getting tired of TR and its causing them not to do PVP. I'm tired of people saying for others to get better and discouraging people from pvp, it is really fun, but it's getting to the point where its nothing but TR, HR,DC, and GFs, you barely see SW, GWF, or CWs anymore, especially SW we need some love with no dodge and just dmg reduction while were shadow walking.

[The public forums are not a place to openly discuss exploits. If you are aware of a glitch or exploit, I urge you to please send any of us mods, or @strumslinger or @yetweallfalldown a PM here on the forums explaining as much information as you can about the exploit.

Thank you.

@kreatyve - Community Moderator]

Post edited by kreatyve on

Comments

• Options
    It is a legit question of how I can record it and send it in to be looked at.
  • Options
    lolitokinlolitokin Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Record clip, go to xboxdvr.com, search your name, get url, send to strumslinger

[The devs need time to take care of issues, but you need to send in as much information as possible, and do not post them publicly. -@kreatyve]
    Post edited by kreatyve on
  • Options
    s3vails3vail Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    [Removed moderated quote. -@kreatyve]

Its a reasonable question besides the Overpowered rogue deserves all discredit it can get! look at the leaderboards.... you can't tell me only good people play rogues
  • Options
    dan3820dan3820 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    No we play rogues because they're the best for pvp and we get booted from dungeons constantly, you're tired of the TR's saying we're not overpowered, well we're not we're just gearing ourselves totally for PVP, that's not being overpowered that's speccijg yourself for one aspect of the game, Clerics are unkillable so moan on them, or hunters who permanently root you, or CW's who deal immense damage and don't need PVP gear to do so and heal their team .... I know people who do this .... It's not fun for us to pve with the boot n looters or just get booted cos we're rogues and we might get a drop in a dungeon so just deal with it fella I hate the way certain people constantly complain but forget that other aspects of the game work in their favour and against us!!
  • Options
    azuosed89azuosed89 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    dan3820 wrote: »
    No we play rogues because they're the best for pvp and we get booted from dungeons constantly, you're tired of the TR's saying we're not overpowered, well we're not we're just gearing ourselves totally for PVP, that's not being overpowered that's speccijg yourself for one aspect of the game, Clerics are unkillable so moan on them, or hunters who permanently root you, or CW's who deal immense damage and don't need PVP gear to do so and heal their team .... I know people who do this .... It's not fun for us to pve with the boot n looters or just get booted cos we're rogues and we might get a drop in a dungeon so just deal with it fella I hate the way certain people constantly complain but forget that other aspects of the game work in their favour and against us!!
    every class get booted from dungeons. i would say cws and dcs are the ones that get less likely to be booted, but as a GWF I get booted even more. your attempt to try to justify the overpowerness of tr is a total failure.
    if you think CWs dont need pvp gear for high level pvp you are completely stupid.

good more people making topics of how broken this class is. hope to see more posts and push the devs to balance the game. pvp is dying everyday after leaderboards came out for people stacking trs team.
    past time to fix shadow opportunity, shadow of demise, and dazing skills since all of those were nerfed on PC for a reason.
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • Options
    hanoth2hanoth2 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    azuosed89 wrote: »
    every class get booted from dungeons. i would say cws and dcs are the ones that get less likely to be booted, but as a GWF I get booted even more. your attempt to try to justify the overpowerness of tr is a total failure.
    if you think CWs dont need pvp gear for high level pvp you are completely stupid.

good more people making topics of how broken this class is. hope to see more posts and push the devs to balance the game. pvp is dying everyday after leaderboards came out for people stacking trs team.
    past time to fix shadow opportunity, shadow of demise, and dazing skills since all of those were nerfed on PC for a reason.

..... You know its a well known running joke about how often TR's get kicked from dungeons right? If you think you get kicked half as much as a TR then try making one and find out.

Also he's right about gearing for PvP. I own in PvP but in PvE I often get out DPS'ed by a friend whose also a TR even though he uses a standard lifedrinker and I use a perfect vorpal.
    If you want to be good at both you'll never be great at either but if you run into a PvP focused player of any class as a jack of all trades and you'll find yourself unable to compete.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    hanoth2 wrote: »

..... You know its a well known running joke about how often TR's get kicked from dungeons right? If you think you get kicked half as much as a TR then try making one and find out.

Also he's right about gearing for PvP. I own in PvP but in PvE I often get out DPS'ed by a friend whose also a TR even though he uses a standard lifedrinker and I use a perfect vorpal.
    If you want to be good at both you'll never be great at either but if you run into a PvP focused player of any class as a jack of all trades and you'll find yourself unable to compete.
    seen some trs do over 30million damage on a dungeon that the rest of the party with dps players didn't do more than 3 mil. Trs do not underperform on PvE, unless you are a sabouteur wanting to run survival build on a dungeon yes, but then every class as you say, has pve and pvp aspects. it would be the same as a sentinel GWF trying to rock the DPS table on a dungeon. that is just not very possible. Plus, even if it was true that trs suck on pve (which is not true by the way), it is not an excuse to accept that TRs destroy and are dominant on PvP alone with their broken mechanics.

I suspect if you as a TR get kicked more than other people is not even because of your class suck on pve, it is probably mostly because there is another tr in the team, and the other tr mostly likely initiate the vote kick to not share loots. simply logic since trs are the most populated in the game, so you gotta compete with other trs to go pve. simply like that.
    your argument that I should accept trs to break the pvp from the game because they underperform on pve is the same some GWFs had as argument for PvP on mod 3 when the class was broken. They did got nerfed to the ground though. Seriously, you guys that try to defend tr have no idea how desperate to not get nerfed or how a joke you guys look for not wanting a balanced game. Just take it, on PC even the devs accepted the TRs were broken and the piercing damages mechanics are broken. they nerfed all of it and also the dazes. and guess what? TRs are still a strong and playable class. The nerf WILL COME, because it is needed. The question is when. And I hope before the game gets too boring of only trs destroying people on pvp or before people starting to quit due no balance.
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • Options

seen some trs do over 30million damage on a dungeon that the rest of the party with dps players didn't do more than 3 mil. Trs do not underperform on PvE, unless you are a sabouteur wanting to run survival build on a dungeon yes, but then every class as you say, has pve and pvp aspects. it would be the same as a sentinel GWF trying to rock the DPS table on a dungeon. that is just not very possible. Plus, even if it was true that trs suck on pve (which is not true by the way), it is not an excuse to accept that TRs destroy and are dominant on PvP alone with their broken mechanics.

I suspect if you as a TR get kicked more than other people is not even because of your class suck on pve, it is probably mostly because there is another tr in the team, and the other tr mostly likely initiate the vote kick to not share loots. simply logic since trs are the most populated in the game, so you gotta compete with other trs to go pve. simply like that.
    your argument that I should accept trs to break the pvp from the game because they underperform on pve is the same some GWFs had as argument for PvP on mod 3 when the class was broken. They did got nerfed to the ground though. Seriously, you guys that try to defend tr have no idea how desperate to not get nerfed or how a joke you guys look for not wanting a balanced game. Just take it, on PC even the devs accepted the TRs were broken and the piercing damages mechanics are broken. they nerfed all of it and also the dazes. and guess what? TRs are still a strong and playable class. The nerf WILL COME, because it is needed. The question is when. And I hope before the game gets too boring of only trs destroying people on pvp or before people starting to quit due no balance.

Plus I run a pvp aspect myself. I suck on PvE because of that. According to your logic, I should be ruling on pvp and destryoing everyone because I gave up on being top DPS on dungeons to go full pvp. this is not the case because your broken class ignores my dr, my deflection, my unstoppable, my tenacity. If you think it is ok a class feature to bypass even pvp resistance and hit people like they were mobs, then you are really not wanting the game balanced. The kind of player that wants only advantage or would use aimbot in a shooting game if it was available.

Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • Options

Plus I run a pvp aspect myself. I suck on PvE because of that. According to your logic, I should be ruling on pvp and destryoing everyone because I gave up on being top DPS on dungeons to go full pvp. this is not the case because your broken class ignores my dr, my deflection, my unstoppable, my tenacity. If you think it is ok a class feature to bypass even pvp resistance and hit people like they were mobs, then you are really not wanting the game balanced. The kind of player that wants only advantage or would use aimbot in a shooting game if it was available.

Which dungeon is it you see these 30mil rogues on? I've never seen it. Sounds unlikely to me. Regardless though you missed the point. What I said was that rogues that build for PvP suck in PvE as they spec points differently. Yes we are strong, I've never said we aren't but OP is a joke. The fact is simply that GWF's are underpowered and if you build any class exclusively for PvP you'll train wreck people who build for both.
  • Options

Which dungeon is it you see these 30mil rogues on? I've never seen it. Sounds unlikely to me. Regardless though you missed the point. What I said was that rogues that build for PvP suck in PvE as they spec points differently. Yes we are strong, I've never said we aren't but OP is a joke. The fact is simply that GWF's are underpowered and if you build any class exclusively for PvP you'll train wreck people who build for both.

yeah buddy. I don't think I will even waste my time replying tr players that are afraid of balancing or the nerf hammer. The leaderboards and the majority of players tell it all. The pc community demanded the nerf to balance the game to fix the same skills we are complaining of. no reason to waste time replying you.

Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • Options

yeah buddy. I don't think I will even waste my time replying tr players that are afraid of balancing or the nerf hammer. The leaderboards and the majority of players tell it all. The pc community demanded the nerf to balance the game to fix the same skills we are complaining of. no reason to waste time replying you.

If im not worth the effort of a reply then why did you reply? Anyway cupcake, have a good cry <3
  • Options
    darkpathslpdarkpathslp Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I'm a older player and have experience with pvp in other MMO's. No game is completly fair even with shooters one style of play is

usually stronger than another. Some games favour the sniper and others the run and gunner. The balance in this game is off.

Rogues are the true whipping boys of the game pvp and pve. I watched an rogue solo boss mobs with gear similiar to my own a

feat I could never reproduce. When I think of rogues I think of Star Trek and captain Kirk's worst fear. A bird of prey that could

fire cloaked than recloak. Now add rogues ability to stun, instantly teleport to ones flank, and fire a ball of smoke that can't be

resisted or avoided and not only slows you down but, stops you from performing any action "where are the save throws for this?"

I'm complaining, but I do have proof just take a look at the pvp leaderboards.
  • Options
    Thanks guys for agreeing, if you could record clips of this and send it to the devs, or Strum this would help to. What really annoys me is the window for the dodge is extremely long after they roll, the piercing damage ignores tenacity which defies any point or logic of mindlessly grinding to get profound gear, but TR's will defend it til the end. SO their argument of get better gear is absolutely pointless when you can just ignore any resistances we do get from gear. Some TR please try to defend that and make yourself look bad, please!!!!
  • Options
    You do know that TR weapons are 40% weaker than any other class (weaker still compared to GWF's). This mechanic is meant to balance our damage out of combat. Add to this how tenacity, def and high makes it impossible for rogues to build as effective backstabbers and this game has no cripple build options. Yes there is a nerf coming up soon but its not as hard as you all may want so if instead of just hating on the class and raging to the Devs try to consider what a TR should be able to do instead. Change isnt a bad thing but seeing people post nerf it without rebalancing the other classes and offering an alternative just makes no sense.
  • Options
    fullmetalbkmfullmetalbkm Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I think the rogues are definitely op in pvp. My main is a gwf and alt is rogue. As a crit/ap build gwf I'm lucky to place top 5 in pvp. As rogue I'm doing poorly if I place below top 5. It's too easy to play rogue. Other classses need some pvp love, especially my poor gwf :(
  • Options
    darkpathslpdarkpathslp Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    There are a few things about Rogues that I think really underline the problem. I don't have a problem with rogues doing the most single target damage of all the classes, that's what the class does in almost every MMO I've ever played. However, a few glaring issues make them appear to be worse than they are.
    1. Lashing Blade: This ability does an insane amount of damage. What's worse is most PVE rogues don't even use it, it sees most use in PVP. When you get hit by it, you're dropped a significant portion of your health before the fight even starts.

2. Their roll is bugged: The window to evade an attack is much larger for rogues, so much so that they can actually avoid an attack that has already landed if they roll as soon as they see the effect. This also counts on the end of the roll, there appears to be an extended period after the roll for a few frames when they still avoid attacks.

3. Unhindered CC: Their Daze is not reduced in PVP like most other CC effects in the game. When playing against a Scoundrel rogue, you can literally be dazed the entire time and never have a chance to strike back.

4. Stealth Cancels Attacks: Much like an evasion roll, if a rogue goes into stealth as an attack lands, it negates the effects of the attack.

5. Perma-Stealth: This is just stupid.

6. Daggers from Stealth: Rogues can throw a certain number of daggers before stealth breaks, which means you can be taking damage before you can even see them.

7. Stealth Regeneration: Since Rogues regenerate stealth so rapidly, they almost always have the option to just run from combat and stealth. There should be more of a penalty for engaging in combat with another player. You should not be able to simply stab someone with lashing blade, daze them, then run away and wait for your cooldowns to reset.

Anyways, these are just a few of the things I've noticed.

This is from another post under feedback I think this really addresses the bugs in game well. The post also has video links on youtube.
  • Options
    Darkpath, I agree with you that the daze should be reduced by tenacity and CC resist but that bit about lashing blade taking most your health? Talk to anyone who runs much PvP, if you have high tenacity, deflection, def or health then LB barely hits. Im a TR with only 800 Tenacity and yet most other TR's LB's hit me for 5k at the most.

For daggers from stealth? It was already nerfed. Each dagger thrown reduces your stealth by 15%. Since Cloud of Steel does 400 damage per hit even with a perfect vorpal and high power your unlikely to get hit for more than 5k before it breaks stealth, especially as stealth drops steadily on its own.

And stealth regen? Most rogues build for this. Even with a legendary ravenskull and stamina reinforcements you only get +5%, how we regenerate it so quickly is by putting 5 feats in a feat that allows rolls to regen 10% (at max) stealth per roll. Putting points here means we are sacrificing attack power or health for regen so the gain is only faster if we are built weaker because of it.
  • Options
    skeld11skeld11 Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    Darkpath, I agree with you that the daze should be reduced by tenacity and CC resist but that bit about lashing blade taking most your health? Talk to anyone who runs much PvP, if you have high tenacity, deflection, def or health then LB barely hits. Im a TR with only 800 Tenacity and yet most other TR's LB's hit me for 5k at the most.

For daggers from stealth? It was already nerfed. Each dagger thrown reduces your stealth by 15%. Since Cloud of Steel does 400 damage per hit even with a perfect vorpal and high power your unlikely to get hit for more than 5k before it breaks stealth, especially as stealth drops steadily on its own.

And stealth regen? Most rogues build for this. Even with a legendary ravenskull and stamina reinforcements you only get +5%, how we regenerate it so quickly is by putting 5 feats in a feat that allows rolls to regen 10% (at max) stealth per roll. Putting points here means we are sacrificing attack power or health for regen so the gain is only faster if we are built weaker because of it.

So...what move is hitting me as a GWF out of stealth for 20k+ ? Plus SoD proc if applicable?

GWF
    -ASYLUM-
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    My Lashing hits for like 10-14k, out of stealth it has no bonus to crit severity. With a crit out of stealth it may scale but its real power is from stealth. Now your right about the fact that it can scale up to 40k on the dummies but if you have tenacity then that provides both damage resistance and a reduction to the damage criticals inflict so that reduces the damage significantly. Add in def, im gunna just assume you have 1500+, atleast 1k deflection and armour class and you shouldn't be getting hit too hard.
    Honestly, I see a load of people complaining about perma stealth and perma stun but no one except you moans about LB.
    Also every top tier TR I know has dropped LB for Dazing Strike. It doesn't hit as hard but its animation is much shorter and its CC useful. Plus it hits for around 65-75% of the damage as LB and used from stealth with the right positioning can daze two or three enemies while your fighting on a point.

So in curious, are you using PvE armour, the BS, Grim or Profound set in PvP?
  • Options
    2 Grim and 2 Profound Sentinel to retain 1800 HP Grim bonus. 933 Tenacity, 40,500 HP, 3200 Defense.
    GWF
    -ASYLUM-
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    skeld11 wrote: »
    2 Grim and 2 Profound Sentinel to retain 1800 HP Grim bonus. 933 Tenacity, 40,500 HP, 3200 Defense.

No idea why your getting hit so hard if those are your stats. My guess? You played game after game but remember every LB that nuked you but none of the ones that didnt... Or your exaggerating in which case its a bad way to make a point.

If im wrong and a lot of people are getting 1 shot then my bad for doubting you but I honestly dont know a single TR who used Lashing Blade and yet every TR I know, myself included have 18k+ Gearscores.

LB is just so situational. If your not using it from stealth then you may as well not have it slotted and if you do have it slotted then you either need to run shadowstrike with it or encounters that dont require stealth. Its such a limited encounter and with no utility your much more likely to find success using DS, VP or even smoke bomb.
  • Options

No idea why your getting hit so hard if those are your stats. My guess? You played game after game but remember every LB that nuked you but none of the ones that didnt... Or your exaggerating in which case its a bad way to make a point.

If im wrong and a lot of people are getting 1 shot then my bad for doubting you but I honestly dont know a single TR who used Lashing Blade and yet every TR I know, myself included have 18k+ Gearscores.

LB is just so situational. If your not using it from stealth then you may as well not have it slotted and if you do have it slotted then you either need to run shadowstrike with it or encounters that dont require stealth. Its such a limited encounter and with no utility your much more likely to find success using DS, VP or even smoke bomb.

because rogues have piercing damage. piercing damage ignores damage resistance, pvp damage resistance, and deflection chance. you don't even know how your class works. gosh...
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • Options

As Gannicus says, because piercing. Not saying I get nuked by every rogue at this point, but some for sure.
    GWF
    -ASYLUM-
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Piercing from what? Shadows demise? If you resist enough of LB for it to hit for 10k max then demise only hits for 5k+ 50% of any other damage you've received. If you have 40k+ life as you said that means that when the right starts you'll have 20k+ health left but all your encounters vs none of theirs.
    Yes SD ignores tenacity but it hits for 50% of the damage received over over 6 seconds. Since this is damage received and not 50% of the damage dealt out in those 6 seconds your def, deflection and tenacity do reduce the hits so as such Shadows Demise has already had its damage reduced.

Oh and go away azuosed89, it's clear at this point that you simple post in threads hating on everyone who rolls as a TR. You never have an intelligent comment or anything interesting to say on the subject. Every time you post I just feel sad for you because you have to live with so much anger in your life. Chill bud, go have an icecream or something.
  • Options
    yearofhamstersyearofhamsters Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Han, you're perma stealth IIRC. That means your shadowy opportunity can melt a GWF no matter how tanky. The issue with the GWF vs TR isn't as basic as "deflect their LB and build for pvp = fair fight." The issue lies in the combination of lack of dodges for the GWF, piercing damage (which shouldn't exist to begin with), broken roll invincible frames, super CC resist/deflect severity, and general forgiving nature of messing up one's rotation. These same issues apply to TR vs any other class as well; the GWF just has it worse.

When a 15k+ tanky GWF can't even put up a decent fight vs a half-geared/skilled sab/exe TR, and not for the lack of skill on the GWF, but simply because of the TR's overwhelmingly broken mechanics, something needs to be done.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Han, you're perma stealth IIRC. That means your shadowy opportunity can melt a GWF no matter how tanky. The issue with the GWF vs TR isn't as basic as "deflect their LB and build for pvp = fair fight." The issue lies in the combination of lack of dodges for the GWF, piercing damage (which shouldn't exist to begin with), broken roll invincible frames, super CC resist/deflect severity, and general forgiving nature of messing up one's rotation. These same issues apply to TR vs any other class as well; the GWF just has it worse.

When a 15k+ tanky GWF can't even put up a decent fight vs a half-geared/skilled sab/exe TR, and not for the lack of skill on the GWF, but simply because of the TR's overwhelmingly broken mechanics, something needs to be done.

I dont use shadowy opportunity as that tree makes perma stealths inflict less damage. I roll Executioner for Shadows Demise and a load of buffs from stealth.
    And also if you think its forgiving messing up your rotation as a perma stealth then you've just wrong. Perma stealths tend to attract perma stuns, HR's and CW's and usually more than one. If we break our rotation then we run out of stealth and if that happens its roll away as far and as fast as we can xD

I agree that perma stun needs to be nerfed though, even I find it broken as even with high tenacity the dazing feels like it lasts forever. Perma stealth has already been nerfed mind, hence why those of us who build around the nerf mechanic have high sustained damage with our burst coming usually only if you have top end gear - Im talking 18k+.

Also I personally love piercing damage and feel its fair due the way shadows demise work and because weapon damage from shadowy opportunity is useless for any attack other than CoS based on damage inflicted, in which case CoS is only useful as a perma stun as for every other class it breaks stealth just too damn quickly.

• Options
    yearofhamstersyearofhamsters Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Shadowy opportunity is THE source of perma stealth damage; I'm not sure why you'd not spec into it. The damage it does is literally higher than the knife you throw to proc it, in addition to the crit knife.

You have to horribly mess up as a perma stealth for it to be unforgiving; factor in ny aforementioned TR broken mechanics in addition to ITC and you can literally be unkillable if you really wanted to.

The fact that a sab attracts multiple people to one node, and often times to no real avail, speaks volumes for the imbalance present. Nevermind the classes that CAN kill you if you mess up, just remember that they can't kill you if you're half decent at your rotation.

All of the TR paragons are broken; sab = piercing dmg and virtually unkillable if well-practiced, scoundrel = insane CC, can keep someone dazed at least 10 seconds (not exaggerating), exe = plaguefire SoD + piercing from the SoD.

Shadowy opportunity is not useless for CoS spam just because it breaks stealth; you use it if you're 1v1ing somebody on the node (and it simply MELTS people, high GS just makes it worse). If not, save your permanent stealth for the 2-3 people you have on the node. It sounds simple, and it IS that simple. Simple, yet undeniably broken

The nerfs need to happen; check the leaderboards for TR representation as opposed to other classes. If you haven't fought anybody from the top of the boards as a GWF or any other class, you won't fully grasp the severity of the imbalance.
  • Options
    Hamster's talk to anyone who uses my build. It does FAR more damage than the shadowy opportunity build, has more utility and is much easier to maintain. If you dont know why I don't use it its simply because you don't know use either.

And you dont have to mess up too much either. If you get hit by a lucky hit or any AoE it reduces your stealth bar by 15%. It does the same if you attack. Dont get me wrong, with skill and positioning its hard to get screwed but if you attack you become visible for 2 seconds and if you pass to close you can be seen too. Its more about not getting CC'ed and understanding how to attack and when too.

As for the executioner and plaguefire? That's just cheap. I dont know anyone who uses that as my friends would rather win from skill than from exploiting a bug.

And I've fought the full Denial Rogue squad in a pug. We lost horribly but I could personally steam roll them in a 1v1's and its a joke how easy sab perma stealths are to kill as my build. Its not fast but it works better than any other approach I know of except carpet bombing the flag.

Also TR's where the most common class in the game from day 1. Yes since then people have jumped on the band wagon but the inbalance isn't entirely based on the perma builds but simply because there has always been more TR's in the game than any other class.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Piercing from what? Shadows demise? If you resist enough of LB for it to hit for 10k max then demise only hits for 5k+ 50% of any other damage you've received. If you have 40k+ life as you said that means that when the right starts you'll have 20k+ health left but all your encounters vs none of theirs.
    Yes SD ignores tenacity but it hits for 50% of the damage received over over 6 seconds. Since this is damage received and not 50% of the damage dealt out in those 6 seconds your def, deflection and tenacity do reduce the hits so as such Shadows Demise has already had its damage reduced.

Oh and go away azuosed89, it's clear at this point that you simple post in threads hating on everyone who rolls as a TR. You never have an intelligent comment or anything interesting to say on the subject. Every time you post I just feel sad for you because you have to live with so much anger in your life. Chill bud, go have an icecream or something.

it reduces the initial hit dude. the hit during the sec seconds, but it does not factor out right because of the piercing.

check this example of shadow of demise:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBp7qWsfEpQ

see the dots hitting the guy is not even that hard. yet see how the sod took the rest of his life.

this is a video I recorded:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA3OIyFylHY

.... on that video I had 42k hp, spected into sentinel with 47% damage resistance, 43% deflection chance and 21% damage resistance. now tell me, do you think I would survive much longer if I had deflected anything ? if you think so, you are naive. TRs are broken bro, piercing damage is making them broke.
    and to be honest I prefer fight those rogues than a saboteur whispering knife. Black Paige kills me using his at wills... and now I am much more geared than I was in that video, with 52k hp. I die like a mob to a geared TR even I spected in PVP.

I agree there are bad players, and there are good players.
    I agree there are players use their rotations bad, and that don't know use positioning etc against a rogue, and I can also kill some bad rogues of course. but on a high pvp level bro, on two players of similar skills, gear, a TR is miles a perfect warrior. It is very hard for a strong sab player to break out of stealth. also, a good spec tr has an innated higher cc resistance, when a GWF takedown a tr like that, most of the time they breakout of the cc before the GWF even make the second hit.
    only a hunter ranger can do better against a TR because their cc are long etc, But this is true only on the medium gear level. on a high pvp level or best in slot rangers are easy kills for any trs too.
    trs are the perfect warrior.

the current pvp status is all around rogues. everyone kind of making to make their builds around rogues...
    on a high level pvp, the team that stacks most rogues are more likely to win the match. a rogue can do basically everything the other classes can do (except heal) better than the other classes. a Strong geared and high hp sab can hold a node better than a GF or a DC, except they can also kill you in question of seconds because of piercing damage. Also, with the new neck piece, they can build up their shocking execution every 15 seconds + -, and this is also game breaking. Before it, there were a part of rogues I could fight 1 x 1 nice, and now all those rogues that I had a chance to fight is not possible anymore since I need 2 SE to kill me, one takes 60% of my hp, the second finishes me off 15 seconds later (that if thay are merciful and dont attack me with their powers before).
    so basically a strong tr can hold and node and kill people in it. on a high end lvl game of people with equal skills/gs, it takes at least 2, sometimes 3 people to deal with a rogue. if you stack two, you have the advantage of having two nodes always contested, if 3 rogues, then it is very hard. wont even mention 4 or 5.

the only TR I can deal with is scoundrels because they have no piercing damage. and the battle with high pvp gear scoundrels are always fun. but this is just true because I can break out of dazing for some seconds using unstoppable. and the 1 x 1 versus scoundrels are always fair and fun. however,their cc is broken against the other classes because the other classes have no cc break stuff (ogma token is useless because you cant pop your artifact while you are silenced) plus if you pop the token before, all the tr has to do is stealth for 3, 4 seconds:).
    Post edited by azuosed89 on
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • Options
    edited July 2015

I have 40k health in this video, total, although I was half dead already so not surprising I got 1 shotted...but as you can see I would have been in a bad way even at full health as I got laid out from stealth for 30k. How much health does the average TR have? I would guess less than that, but hey, it's a lot harder to get one shotted on a node when you're invisible.

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/46e27e17-4d67-4a4e-be9f-7e746a81c08e?gamerTag=Skeld1&scid=8dd60100-6cc0-42f2-bb3e-c47b184a79f5
    GWF
    -ASYLUM-