Install Arc
Options

Perma Stun HR's are ruining PvP!

124»

Comments

• Options
    legion10398legion10398 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    fatguns wrote: »
    Eh...The thing is...yeah perma root is anoying, the dazes are anoying but like....GFs if you BLOCK and the HR does a mistake and gets infront of you blocking will end the root/dazes...and then dont spam bullcharge instanly bcs that would be just foolish, kite the HR into wasting dodges and then one rotate him...gosh...it aint hard, realy ;-;

Easier said than done, because of the small window of time you have to counter attack. Which is apart of the main point that was stated earlier.

Not really that hard...I play multiple classes but favor HR, GF, and TR (CW is fun too), and I find HRs are barely an annoyance. I'm only at 2.9k iL on my GF too. Just practice a little more, play some pre-mades, heck; playing an HR yourself might give you some insight on the class and its weaknesses. They don't have the fastest animations on the block, nothing like bullcharge's animation.
    @fatguns
    "Btw criptics themselves said that HR isint a ranger"

Proof/resource or this never happened. Because after all "ranger" is in the class's NAME (Hunter RANGER).

They said it wasn't a ranged class the way CW and DC are. And it's not.

If you want to know what a Hunter Ranger really is, here is the build description:

"Stealthy and agile, you are a talented skirmisher who adapts to overcome any combat scenario. Although you resemble the archer ranger, your powers provide you with mobility and more melee options. You are unrivaled in your ability to fight at any range."

Basically, they need a focus on stealth and mobility (forest ghost is a perfect example of this done perfectly), while having plenty of ways to fight at ranged and in melee (stance shifting). We aren't supposed to be survivable. We aren't supposed to be controlling necessarily. But we damn well better be able to burst people to oblivion, which is something that needs to be implemented. By the way, when it says we resemble the archer ranger, that is based off of the fact that Archer Rangers and Hunter Rangers are both supposed to be Dex-Wis classes, while melee rangers are normally Str-Wis or Str-Dex. It doesn't mean we are supposed to fight at range all the time.

Personally, I think melee damage needs a serious buff, crushing roots just shouldn't be a thing, and we need a greater ability to burst players down. Otherwise, HRs are fine, and as funny as this thread was initially, it's grown old, and you need to stop complaining about HRs little buddy, or else next time I see you in PvP I will use every buffing potion I have access to, throw on Crushing Roots, and send you to the abyss.
  • Options
    jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    This thread and the other thread in PVP discussion are both just turned into name calling and bs and are starting to get old. All I see are non hunter rangers that got schooled and want to BI##ch and call for a nerf to HR. It is always the same ones on every thread over and over.I guess mod 6 is so tough for some the only way to play is by trolling the forum. Its not my job to tell other classes how to beat my player in pvp. HR needs a Fix for PVP not a nerf . Crushing roots is the least of the issues in pvp that needs fixed right now. It can be countered by any class if you work on figuring it out which is a lot more than I can say about other class controls like repel from CW or great fighter locks you down and crushes you. These are much harder to survive than stun lock from a HR. Once you get your player to a certain gear score and level of gear the crushing roots is useless so for a HR to use that build @ higher levels just don't work. I you want to PVP then be prepared you cant win every match and when you lose take it like a man. I got beat to a pulp at first but as I geared up I got better. I am all about helping any HR any way I can I just have very little use for Non HR who come on The HR forum and demand we get nerfed over and over. If this class was so great and needed nerfing you would see HR at top of leader boards not where they are now.

jhp

• Options
    noetic2noetic2 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    I have been pretty sure that I know what is going on with perma-stun HRs. In fact I've considered trying it myself. Would involved a respec and swapping out of enchantments. Only thing that has kept me from trying it is that the stun is not all that great an advantage and it likely would come with a loss of DPS.
  • Options
    legion10398legion10398 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    jhpnw wrote: »
    This thread and the other thread in PVP discussion are both just turned into name calling and bs and are starting to get old. All I see are non hunter rangers that got schooled and want to BI##ch and call for a nerf to HR. It is always the same ones on every thread over and over.I guess mod 6 is so tough for some the only way to play is by trolling the forum. Its not my job to tell other classes how to beat my player in pvp. HR needs a Fix for PVP not a nerf . Crushing roots is the least of the issues in pvp that needs fixed right now. It can be countered by any class if you work on figuring it out which is a lot more than I can say about other class controls like repel from CW or great fighter locks you down and crushes you. These are much harder to survive than stun lock from a HR. Once you get your player to a certain gear score and level of gear the crushing roots is useless so for a HR to use that build @ higher levels just don't work. I you want to PVP then be prepared you cant win every match and when you lose take it like a man. I got beat to a pulp at first but as I geared up I got better. I am all about helping any HR any way I can I just have very little use for Non HR who come on The HR forum and demand we get nerfed over and over. If this class was so great and needed nerfing you would see HR at top of leader boards not where they are now.

jhp

^this
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User

jhp

You are delusional, and in denial. Simple as that.

Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options

jhp[/color][/quote]

You are delusional, and in denial. Simple as that.

[/quote]
    A shame you would say that when I always though high of you and valued your post and you resorted to this to keep the thread alive

I have always respected all here but it seems this thread will never go away. there is a proper place to post bugs and on the HR forum is not the place to ask for nerfs to the class. Name calling and complaining has no place among the HRs we are a better class than that. I have never met a HR I have not tried to help. I don't know if devs intended for crushing roots to play this way or not in PVP. I would say yes to make players switch and spend on new trans armor enchants you are always seeing these changes to create income. Call me what ever you like. I have read many of your post and agree with you 90% of the time this time I disagree. The perma stun is not needed to be successful in PVP just look at Sandstorm, but a lot of new players are starting to use it, just like a lot of new trs and other classes are using bugs as well. It has become a sad issue that players feel this is the only way to be competitive in PVP but after you have been stomped over and over I have had people use that for justification to use this,I disagree with that by the way. The crushing roots is a vital part of PVE and has become a crutch for players who don't want to pay their dues in PVP. I dont care to be perma stunned for 5 seconds in PVP nor do I like it when A CW holds me off the ground for 10 seconds as HPS drain or a Tr hits me and I dodge off and the hps count down for the next 15 seconds to 0 and I cant do a thing. this is why every one is going to enchants against CC this is a great way to generate income for the game in my opinion. I wish you well and hope to see you in PVP.
    jhp
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    A shame you would say that when I always though high of you and valued your post and you resorted to this to keep the thread alive

I have always respected all here but it seems this thread will never go away. there is a proper place to post bugs and on the HR forum is not the place to ask for nerfs to the class. Name calling and complaining has no place among the HRs we are a better class than that. I have never met a HR I have not tried to help. I don't know if devs intended for crushing roots to play this way or not in PVP. I would say yes to make players switch and spend on new trans armor enchants you are always seeing these changes to create income. Call me what ever you like. I have read many of your post and agree with you 90% of the time this time I disagree. The perma stun is not needed to be successful in PVP just look at Sandstorm, but a lot of new players are starting to use it, just like a lot of new trs and other classes are using bugs as well. It has become a sad issue that players feel this is the only way to be competitive in PVP but after you have been stomped over and over I have had people use that for justification to use this,I disagree with that by the way. The crushing roots is a vital part of PVE and has become a crutch for players who don't want to pay their dues in PVP. I dont care to be perma stunned for 5 seconds in PVP nor do I like it when A CW holds me off the ground for 10 seconds as HPS drain or a Tr hits me and I dodge off and the hps count down for the next 15 seconds to 0 and I cant do a thing. this is why every one is going to enchants against CC this is a great way to generate income for the game in my opinion. I wish you well and hope to see you in PVP.
    jhp

Bullchit.

The moment you resorted to the "but, but, some other guys have even worse things!!" and/or "our's isn't really all that broken, I know some guy that breaks out of it fine" line of arguments, you turned defensive against things that should not be defended.

HRs need a fix. Anyone that's ever really tried a HR would agree. I was the most hard-<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> opponent against people defending this bullchit mechanic in the latter days of mod5, like marnival or piejal, until I finally took up a HR myself to learn the reality of HRs, which certainly taught me that it needs a different approach than a straight-up nerf call.

But be that as may be, any kind of defense against a mechanic like this, any attempt to downplay the seriousness of chit like this is downright stupid, and just leads to more animosity between players that are already raving mad and ready to bash the class to the ground.

I love every class I play, but my true 'allegiance' lies with fairness and balance. Admitting broken things at face value is the start of a fix. When somebody comes and complains against your class and points out something broken, you don't frickin' make excuses. You admit it as a reality. And then you explain it to the other guy so that he understands why things are this way, hence a consensus is formed between the different players so we may all get what we want.

The number of idiot TRs I have to deal with every day, arguing their cheesy sleazeball of a MI/Sabo + CoS/SE spamming krapchit is fine, is enough of a headache already. I don't want to see any HR players defending broken chit with any kind of excuse.

The "Crushing Roots meta" is a problem, and a BIG one. Admit it already.

Start from there. That's where you want to be if you really want fixes so the HR class can become better -- not by complaining about the complainers, which, they have every right to complain about is, since ITS UNDEFENSABLY BROKEN.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    I was one of the ist to point this out to devs when I noticed it in PVP some of the big PVP Guilds started it . No response what so ever. So to me that means they were creating another enchant of the mod Since every one BIS now had negation and sales were down and guess what sales are up on CC resist enchants most BIS are switching. You are the delusional one if you think The HR class is going to be fixed any time soon . If Stun was not intended they would just quickly nerf it not fix the class. I do not like any player who uses a cheesy rotation TR CWE or HR and I DO NOT APPROVE OF PERMASTUN nor do I use it. I just put it right there with the TRS and CWs things that are something that has to be dealt with and don't Whine and cry about it all over the Forum. Let me make it clear I am simple against any nerf to any character, Not once has any quick nerf fixed any thing just made things worse kook at GF and SW. The class should just be reworked as a whole so that the whole class is more leveled out . I started as Archer went melee now trapper only because of they nerfed each tree in that order. Perma stun will go away there is no doubt but it will replaced by something new and enchant changes will start again.

JHP
    I am done with this thread respond if you want I care not. It is just a game and you will find no one cares more the HR class than I. I do not have another class to play when things go bad for HR I just as always figure out how to make the one I have survive.
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    to first post - i know, i know, but sorry i cant do nothing with it. if its on me its reworked second day, but sadly cryptic is in charge. you need to wait for a long time
  • Options
    fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    and 100 comment xD
  • Options
    jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    3k GF with full PvP gear and the PvP rings, rank 8 enchants and pure negation. When I come across a BiS HR who perma dazes me what's my incentive to go down from camp site to get pema dazed to death. I've stopped feeding them, I have plenty of ALTS, when I come across players like that I just quit and do something else for 30 mins.
  • Options
    noetic2noetic2 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    To this day, I have never met an HR in PvP that was more formidable than other classes. Annoying, yes. Deadly, no. Frankly, I think the class balance is better than it has ever been in this game. TRs are reasonable now. All the melee classes are tough. Only class that I see as hitting too hard are CWs. And they are also about the only class that I feel I can take 1v1. I'll sometimes get one-shotted by a CW, but they are squishy. OPs are a bit too hard to kill. Takes a pack to take them down sometimes. (A lot like the clerics used to be.) But they don't do much damage.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    noetic2 said:

To this day, I have never met an HR in PvP that was more formidable than other classes. Annoying, yes. Deadly, no. Frankly, I think the class balance is better than it has ever been in this game. TRs are reasonable now. All the melee classes are tough. Only class that I see as hitting too hard are CWs. And they are also about the only class that I feel I can take 1v1. I'll sometimes get one-shotted by a CW, but they are squishy. OPs are a bit too hard to kill. Takes a pack to take them down sometimes. (A lot like the clerics used to be.) But they don't do much damage.

Okay but you don't say what class you play, which could make all the difference here. Any Trapper worth their salt locks me down indefinitely, where my whole action bar greys out and I cannot react in any way. Generally I just take my hand off the keyboard and sit back, waiting for my toon to die and respawn at the campfire.

Generally, in my limited Mod 6 experience in pvp, I find that GFs and GWFs hit too hard. My only annoyance with CWs is the constant repelling, speaking as both Archer and Combat HR.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    I'm following this thread and reading updates as I have ran into two HR today from absolute, that kept me locked and CCed for a total of 8 minutes (video recorded). the problem I see is with how recovery is increased, due to aspect of the serpent (what these two were running.).

There needs to be a counter timer global put on Ranger's abilities to keep people from "EXPLOITING." this dynamic, now while I don't play a Ranger (I'm leveling one up to test this.).

This is for a PvP perspective only, I don't understand why the developers don't have a class lead developer or something that actually play there own game to figure this HAMSTER out?
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos