test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Perma Stun HR's are ruining PvP!

lvl99looterlvl99looter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
edited July 2015 in The Wilds
I have loads of footage of me and other players getting rooted constantly when fighting HR's. Players get rooted SO much that players barely, and I mean BARELY can fight back. The time frame to counter attack them is so microscopic, that it's EXTREMELY easy to miss it, then you're right back where you started; CONTROLLED. On average, on AVERAGE semi-geared perma stun HR's can control players for 6+ seconds in one ration MINIMUM! As soon as their CC rotation is done, they're CC immunity begins! First, HR's have 6 dodges. I repeat SIX DODGES. That means they can become immune to damage and CC 6 times! But wait, let's not forget Fox Shift. Fox <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> is a melee attack that makes them immune to damage & CC once again. So what's that, a total of 7 immunity encounters so far? But wait, there's MORE! Fox Cunning! Raise your hand if you know what fox cunning does. Don't know? No worries, I'll explain it for you. Fox Cunning is an ability that allows HR's and his affected teammates to be able to magically dodge an enemy's attack/damage. Although they are NOT immune to CC during this time, they are however immune to damage once again.

So now we're at 8 abilities of IMMUNITY. I think the time as come! Now we can finally attack them!! Get ready!

*Does bull charge*
*HR dodges*

What the f-!? Oh that's right! I almost forget, STAMINA REGEN! No worries, he should be out of dodges now.

*HR does daily to go stealth*

What the hell? Since when was I fighting a Rogue? Wait-so since I can't see him, does that mean I can't use my powers on him? Meaning I can't CC him or deal damage? Is that a form of immunity of some sort? Hmm...

*Gets stunned/dazed*

And now we're right back where we started!

Solutions:

Fox Shift - Immune to CC, NOT immune to damage.
Fox Cunning - Keep as is.
Dodges - Reduce to 3, increase dodge distance, increase cooldown between dodges. Basically make their dodges IDENTICAL to DC's and CW's.
Disruptive Shot - Make it an encounter, remove the 25% daily usage all together.
Split the Sky - Decrease AoE size, increase the base damage by 20%, make it attack anyone inside the AoE automatically, raise hit cap to 20.
Aimed Shot - Decrease charge time by 0.35 seconds, and immune to interruptions upon receiving damage but NOT immune in general, or against actual interruption encounters/powers.
Cooldowns - Increase the cooldowns, so HR's can't perma stun or remove the daze/root from PvP.
Boar Charge - Increase damage by 5% and CC duration by 0.2 seconds since it's a prone.
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• Options
    utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Wait what? You are complaining about HR's dodges, which is the worst dodge mechanic in this game (sometimes it works, sometimes not). Please, any HR would trade for TR, CW or DC's dodge any day because they are working consistently and provide much longer immunity frame.

I laughed so hard at how randomly you pick those powers to make up your "solutions". Except Disruptive shot daily, the rest of those powers you picked is a bunch of useless crappy powers for pvp.
    • Aimed shot? There is hardly any HR using it in pvp because anything can interrupt it, including DoTs. If any HR is actually using it, it is because of the Aimed strike (melee version of it).
    • Split the sky? It is good for 1 thing that is ks kills in GG. That is it. Pretty much a useless power in pvp since both slow effect and damage are mediocre.
    • Boar charge? Do you know how much base damage that encounter has? It is 3-3.5k with 15s cd on my HR with 13k power. That is about one third of my invoking GF with 3k power's bull charge, which has 9-10k base damage with 10s cd or one forth of his lunging strike which has 11-12k base damage with only 6s cd. Increase damage by 5%? It should be at least 200% increase damage to make it worth to use.
    • And there are about 2/3 of HR's powers needs to get buffed or totally rework not just those 3.

And if a GF has a hard time to fight against HRs. Sorry, but it is either a l2p or gear issue.
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ahahahahahahahahahahaahahahaha if it can help you i would trade dodges for sprint
  • Options
    orangebangorangebang Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 55 Arc User
    If i remember correctly, ant monster uses negation. I didn't check which but since negation is bugged right now, I don't know how you could complain about HRs and use negation on your gwf. Btw, there are other gwf who aren't as affected by roots, just look up what they use, I'm not sure myself.
  • Options
    orangebang wrote: »
    If i remember correctly, ant monster uses negation. I didn't check which but since negation is bugged right now, I don't know how you could complain about HRs and use negation on your gwf. Btw, there are other gwf who aren't as affected by roots, just look up what they use, I'm not sure myself.

I use all kinda enchants to test builds. But during my research HR's have constantly been a issue. Not just for me but other classes/players in GENERAL. Don't believe? Go ingame and type this exactly "What do you guys think about Perma Stun HR's in PvP?" Copy & Paste that and watch the responses you will get. Also, Negation is an VERY expensive enchant. Players shouldn't have to have MILLIONS of AD worth of gear just to fight 1-2 OP classes in the game.
  • Options
    utuwer wrote: »
    Wait what? You are complaining about HR's dodges, which is the worst dodge mechanic in this game (sometimes it works, sometimes not). Please, any HR would trade for TR, CW or DC's dodge any day because they are working consistently and provide much longer immunity frame.

I laughed so hard at how randomly you pick those powers to make up your "solutions". Except Disruptive shot daily, the rest of those powers you picked is a bunch of useless crappy powers for pvp.
    • Aimed shot? There is hardly any HR using it in pvp because anything can interrupt it, including DoTs. If any HR is actually using it, it is because of the Aimed strike (melee version of it).
    • Split the sky? It is good for 1 thing that is ks kills in GG. That is it. Pretty much a useless power in pvp since both slow effect and damage are mediocre.
    • Boar charge? Do you know how much base damage that encounter has? It is 3-3.5k with 15s cd on my HR with 13k power. That is about one third of my invoking GF with 3k power's bull charge, which has 9-10k base damage with 10s cd or one forth of his lunging strike which has 11-12k base damage with only 6s cd. Increase damage by 5%? It should be at least 200% increase damage to make it worth to use.
    • And there are about 2/3 of HR's powers needs to get buffed or totally rework not just those 3.

And if a GF has a hard time to fight against HRs. Sorry, but it is either a l2p or gear issue.

"Please, any HR would trade for TR, CW or DC's dodge any day because they are working consistently." Well if you look at the OP, I DID in fact suggested it. So I don't see the point in mention the dodges when I already discussed it. Also, I BEEN saying HR dodges were broken, and weird things would happen with it, but before a DEV could see my old post so they could look into it, the threads would get locked due to emotional people leaving dumb replies.

Also, instead of responding to me about my suggestions that you like, but don't fully agree with. Why don't you just use my ideas, make some tweaks, and HELP me get this class fixed! If there's anyone you should have a problem with, it should be PWE/Cryptic not me.
  • Options
    hawkendhawkend Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This class never was out of bugs. Complaying again about this making no sense. Just Cryptic rework all trees in mod4 and give HR sequence od nerfs in further mods to made this class more worst. You wanna fix class which you never played more than be necessary to give a true feedback without bunch of rage by your GF. Ralexinor says what should be fixed so drawing this discussion is worthless. Wait to mod8 for 'fixes' or some time after Strongehold release.

Regards.
  • Options
    gweddrygweddry Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 278 Arc User
    I don't know any top pvper that would complain about "perma" daze HR. Though on the other hand, no one likes the playstyle, HRs included. What you suggested is basically a nerf that makes no sense (the presented changes to aimed shot/boar charge made me go lol). Not a nerf, but a rework is needed. Check out Sandstorm's posts for reference.
  • Options
    As I said in one reply to one dude. Go in-game and type exactly this "what do you guys think about Perma Stun HR's?"
  • Options
    vadimt83vadimt83 Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    I can think of lots of "pvp ruining" builds before the perma stun(+root) HRs - immortal DCs for example.
    And HRs aren’t the worst perma stun offenders anyway, ever faced a BiS oppressor CW?
    HRs deal less damage than any other dps class so the perma CC is the most viable PVP build. Buff our damage and give archers a little CC (old constricting shot anyone?) and the perma build will fade away.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Also, instead of responding to me about my suggestions that you like, but don't fully agree with. Why don't you just use my ideas, make some tweaks, and HELP me get this class fixed! If there's anyone you should have a problem with, it should be PWE/Cryptic not me.

I'm sorry Ant-Monster but if anyone will be responsible for getting this bugged-to-hell class fixed it certainly won't be you. Since I started playing this game I have seen your pitiful attempts to get HR nerfed on the old (and much missed) forums.

We already have plenty of suggestions and all of them are moons better than what you have on offer here. Remove Crushing Roots - it's not needed in our arsenal (we never asked for or wanted this feature). Or apply an ICD to it. Buff our damage considerably, fix our dodges so it actually works. Ralexinor (who does more than anyone to attempt to help save the HR class) has made other suggestions in Trapper tree to fix the perma-CC issue. We wait for the devs in their infinite wisdom to fix this mess they needlessly made.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    reading this by a class that with 2 cc encounters can kill everyone is kinda sad.
    bull charge, flourish and no hr is still alive.
    you may wanna talk about that.
  • Options
    umcjdkingumcjdking Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    Gotta lot of respect for you Ant, but you clearly don't play an HR. These nerfs would nearly, and dramatically destroy both Archer and Combat which is the LAST thing HR needs.

The ONLY two changes that needs to happen is moving Fox's Swiftness to the Combat Tree and taking it away from Trapper, and a 20 increase to ranged damage and a 40% increase to melee damage.
  • Options
    rayrdan wrote: »
    reading this by a class that with 2 cc encounters can kill everyone is kinda sad.

Keep in mind, that's GEAR dependent. Perma stun HR's can achieve perma before becoming maxed.
  • Options
    vadimt83vadimt83 Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    rayrdan wrote: »

Keep in mind, that's GEAR dependent. Perma stun HR's can achieve perma before becoming maxed.
    Whats the difference? were talking hardcore PVPers (aka wallet warriors) anyway.
  • Options
    umcjdking wrote: »
    Gotta lot of respect for you Ant, but you clearly don't play an HR. These nerfs would nearly, and dramatically destroy both Archer and Combat which is the LAST thing HR needs.

The ONLY two changes that needs to happen is moving Fox's Swiftness to the Combat Tree and taking it away from Trapper, and a 20 increase to ranged damage and a 40% increase to melee damage.

My suggestions may not be the best, but it still represents the SAME THING. HR's need to be balanced, and adjusted.
  • Options
    osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    LOOL! Ant-Monster, pretty much the whole pvp community have a good laugh about your pathetic attempts. In every mod you come here...
    I think you still suffer a trauma from the beatings of Small Bow back in mod3.
    Poor Antyboy...
  • Options
    jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    I do agree HR needs to be balanced, but in order for them to survive, they have to keep the pressure up and keep the dazes up. If they lose that, then they have nothing, HR's survivability isn't as great compare to other classes. The only path that has high survivability is combat, but we all know they lack that damage as HR naturally don't have any hard hitting encounters or daily. Even if you increase the duration of boar charge to match the prones from GFs, then what? There's no 80-100k Anvil of Doom or IBS in their pocket, it's just buying them time to dodge from getting CC'd themselves.

You talk about changing the dodges of HRs, I think most HR's won't actually mind this, but you can't make the animation the same as CW's teleport dodge, as that's a mage's move, so the closest would be TR's roll, hell yeah I'll take TR's roll, but I don't think it'll make too much difference/

Cooldown of encounters doesn't need to be changed, as other specs will struggle, but perhaps remove forest bond, and/or reduce the effects of swiftness by about 20%, or maybe some options so that stacking recovery is worth it.

Aimed Shot, I like that idea of reducing the charge time, but it should not get interrupted by any weak damage such as DoTs. The damage also has to be significantly higher than spamming rapid shot etc.

Crushing roots, I think this is the hardest balance, some sort of ICD without ruining the class feat is needed. Perhaps reduce the effect against players a lil bit more, and maybe can only happen once a second, so it can buy player's bit more time to counter, especially against 2 HRs.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • Options
    LOOL! Ant-Monster, pretty much the whole pvp community have a good laugh about your pathetic attempts. In every mod you come here...
    I think you still suffer a trauma from the beatings of Small Bow back in mod3.
    Poor Antyboy...

1. Don't use words you don't know the meaning to "whole."
    2. Yes/No - Have HR's ever been overpowered?
    3. Did you ever go ingame and ask "what do you guys think about perma stun HR's?"
    4. Did you not once say HR's dodges do not functioning properly?
  • Options
    jaotut wrote: »
    I do agree HR needs to be balanced, but in order for them to survive, they have to keep the pressure up and keep the dazes up. If they lose that, then they have nothing, HR's survivability isn't as great compare to other classes. The only path that has high survivability is combat, but we all know they lack that damage as HR naturally don't have any hard hitting encounters or daily. Even if you increase the duration of boar charge to match the prones from GFs, then what? There's no 80-100k Anvil of Doom or IBS in their pocket, it's just buying them time to dodge from getting CC'd themselves.

You talk about changing the dodges of HRs, I think most HR's won't actually mind this, but you can't make the animation the same as CW's teleport dodge, as that's a mage's move, so the closest would be TR's roll, hell yeah I'll take TR's roll, but I don't think it'll make too much difference/

Cooldown of encounters doesn't need to be changed, as other specs will struggle, but perhaps remove forest bond, and/or reduce the effects of swiftness by about 20%, or maybe some options so that stacking recovery is worth it.

Aimed Shot, I like that idea of reducing the charge time, but it should not get interrupted by any weak damage such as DoTs. The damage also has to be significantly higher than spamming rapid shot etc.

Crushing roots, I think this is the hardest balance, some sort of ICD without ruining the class feat is needed. Perhaps reduce the effect against players a lil bit more, and maybe can only happen once a second, so it can buy player's bit more time to counter, especially against 2 HRs.

I like those ideas, I'll make some changes to my OP.
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    pathetic ant-monster )))

3. Did you ever go ingame and ask "what do you guys think about perma stun HR's?"

Yes, its terrible bug, eventually will be fixed. you can send your research and suggestion for panderus and ask him for fix. period
  • Options
    ratchatcharatchatcha Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Check pvp games, you never see more than 5% of hr or maybe 10% in a great day.
    I think it's a bit low for what you want to be "the most cheated class in game".

remove cc to hr and you'll probably never see one in game.
  • Options
    noetic2noetic2 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    I wonder if there are not a few HRs out there who are taking advantage of some exploit that most of us are not privy to. I don't perma-stun anybody in PvP. Especially Iv1. Pretty pitiful 1v1 against anybody, really. The only time I do well is in PvE against mobs. But even then, only when they are concentrated in one place. Recovery is pretty much instantaneously for a Trapper, but only when up against 3 or more players, and only when you land all your encounters. Which is almost impossible.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    remove cc to hr and i will be best hr in the game. my dream....

point is. there are some abusers, especially at pvp guilds, who take advantage from perma cc, but every proper hr want to play striker at pvp as before, so we pray for bug fixed and class can be buffed to reasonable levels. period.

btw. the best placed hrs on the leaderboard are premade hrs. when perma cc bug is fixed, pvp guilds remove all hrs from premades and maybe there will be less hrs in top leaderboard than sw.
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Oh joy. The whiny GF scrub is back.
    Post edited by twilightwatchman on
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    murthag1990murthag1990 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Lol i have a solution for you Ant get the ROD of imperial artifact, a terror and stack full recovery, slot trample of the fallen and your skills get up too 60% cd reduction while still 1 enc deals more dmg than 2 rotas with dailies of a hr. Thats how gf's managed to kill me with 1 rota, poppin this artifact -> into the fray -> bullcharge -> anvil and that with 7k power from a guy with shield, terror and heavy armor.

I agree this perma daze has to be gone but at the same time i will at last deal only half of the dmg a supposed "tank" (GF) class deals atm.

Do me a favor and dont start such stupid threads when you login once a mod. Most of us wont play with cc but its the only WAI option in pm's today
    Black Turtle TryhartzIV
    Deadpool // HR
    Shakur // Tr
  • Options
    osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    vinceent1 wrote: »

point is. there are some abusers, especially at pvp guilds, who take advantage from perma cc, but every proper hr want to play striker at pvp as before, so we pray for bug fixed and class can be buffed to reasonable levels. period.

btw. the best placed hrs on the leaderboard are premade hrs. when perma cc bug is fixed, pvp guilds remove all hrs from premades and maybe there will be less hrs in top leaderboard than sw.

There is no perma cc bug. There is a bug that loops two features and can daze you permanently, but only, if they are "behind you". Second, to execute this bug is very difficult and very slow. Anyone with even the slightest pvp experience can dodge or interrupt the intital melee bleed.

No "top HR" uses this anyway (maybe just for the lolz or to try it out). You are constantly dazed because good HRs know how to use their powers with the right timing.

Why are beginners and inexpirienced players always think they know better?
    Ant-Monster is a scrub GF. Was and always will be. Thats fine, I let him, but he talks like he knows stuff. He doesnt :-D
  • Options
    deathdealerseradeathdealersera Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Even though I play a HR. I most probably agree with Ant-Monster.

Crushing Roots must add an Internal Cooldown. No need to make it an RNG skill but adding an ICD would help and bring back Disruptive shot as a more Strategy based skill.

Perma-stun was a problem with TRs and Perma-freeze/control was a problem with CWs too. HRs are already in a corner and this is the only thing keeping them alive.

Edit:
    Rework Crushing roots so that people can fight us properly. No one 1v1s an HR just because HR has Perma CC. HR CC must always be less than CW CC. Let us perma CC in PvE since that makes dungeons somewhat survivable for all your team mates. But in PvP we need a ICD. Im tired of people using Trapper's Cunning feat to have a 25% chance to root whenever they crit, which means Crushing Roots will proc on it every time and Perma CC with a Crit build.

I am not using Trapper's Cunning to gain Perma CC but crushing roots is too OP.

The rework is only required if other classes do not get a CC immunity buff or mechanic to bypass this issue.

Also, for the time being, a Transcendent Elven + Oghma's Token are amazing to fight against a HR.

Instead of removing all of our Hard CD reductions, this one fix will balance PvP considering HR can no longer survive as Trapper and will require strategic gameplay to a certain degree.

Sincerely,
    Jinchuriki

TR + HR + OP + SW
    Nikostratos

• Options

There is no perma cc bug. There is a bug that loops two features and can daze you permanently, but only, if they are "behind you". Second, to execute this bug is very difficult and very slow. Anyone with even the slightest pvp experience can dodge or interrupt the intital melee bleed.

No "top HR" uses this anyway (maybe just for the lolz or to try it out). You are constantly dazed because good HRs know how to use their powers with the right timing.

Why are beginners and inexpirienced players always think they know better?
    Ant-Monster is a scrub GF. Was and always will be. Thats fine, I let him, but he talks like he knows stuff. He doesnt :-D

top hrs if you look at leaderboard are hrs from premade and they are all "good enough" to know how to use it. its mostly only things they can really contribute to premade (pvp guilds for example)

if you play pvp, you know, that more and more hrs use it, its not that hard to land. and bring almost perma stun on possible most dangerous enemy is not bad stuff

• Options
    edited July 2015
    pathetic ant-monster )))

Yes, its terrible bug, eventually will be fixed. you can send your research and suggestion for panderus and ask him for fix. period

That was interesting. You call me pathetic, as if I don't know what I'm talking about. But then ADMIT that something is broken with HR's which is the WHOLE POINT of this thread. This is not a hate thread, I don't dislike the Hunter Ranger class. I dislike all the bugs and imbalances in the GAME in GENERAL. I still have plans on making a thread about TR's, CW's, GF's, DC's, SW's, PvE content, the economy, basically ANYTHING that needs adjusting or fixing.

But thanks for proving my point though.
    Post edited by lvl99looter on
  • Options
    ratchatcha wrote: »
    I think it's a bit low for what you want to be "the most cheated class in game".

ratchatcha wrote: »

Dude, you should KNOW why this is. All I gotta say is Rogues, Wizards, Paladins.