test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Xbox One: Scheduled Maintenance Tomorrow 6/25 at 7AM PDT

Comments

• atroxknightatroxknight Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Its a game not a warzone so matters little. Fact is they list everything in a time frame and never stick to it. They are as bad as th us gov and as slow as good old snail mail.
  • atroxknightatroxknight Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    So 6 hours for a server reset becomes 7 going on 8. Eso looking better and better. Arc why don't you take the millons you made off this pay2play game and invest it into mirror servers.
  • vmurray2501vmurray2501 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Shadowfire187 and ceemaus2020 , I wasn't going to have enough for the throne anyway, I was speaking for those who would have as well as giving a reason for why these no play periods are aggravating. And also this is a public discussion forum, people have the right to say what they wish without being berated for their opinion. Many maintenance teams take these comments as constructive critism and use them to improve the game. I doubt they need your help and probably dont appreciate you telling people no to relay their issues. Im sure the professionals what comments to take into consideration. Let those who want something to improve be heard and let the professionals take care of the rest.
  • xnxn7xxnxn7x Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    There only doing updates. Jubilee will still be avaliable. Why do tardss always have to complain. Just enjoy the game and appreciate the fact they are trying to fix stuff. jesus get tired of grown men complaining oh it wasnt my way wine wine wine!

Get over it
  • nem3slsnem3sls Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    Grabbed my throne a minute before shard went down. I got the throne on both my mains, all 5 got keys, also the transmute armor and stuff.

Maintenance is needed, just wait it's soon over and we all can get our fix
    The Legendary Outlaws

maintaining HR, DC, GWF, TR, SW, CW, OP, 4 Kids and 1 wife :p Dungeon runs anyone?

Tweet me @ nem3sis_AUT
    Streaming NWXbox daily @ 7PM CEST My Twitch
    When is this for you? Worldtime Buddy

I miss you Boo :(
  • thrilljockeythrilljockey Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Neverwinter Xbox One will have its maintenance tomorrow 6/25 at 7AM PDT for up to six hours due to network maintenance. This is just a server restart.
    all I hear are complaints once again TUESDAY was supposed to be server maintenance and they didnt do it. So you had just as much time for the event as you would've if maintenance was tuesday instead its thurs who cares. See how terrible the game would become if they just left the servers up all the time... you're just sad because you wanted a stupid throne if u want one sooo bad ill be glad to sell you mine. Oh and im not positive but if u unlocked the area pemanently which only required 15 commemorative statues which I had no problem doing the first day then you should be able to get your throne so you can spin and twitch like a crack head at will. Other than that you dont know if they are or aren't extending the event. Before you go flashing out wait for the servers to go back up

fifteen statues on one character the first day? Wow, that's impossible... You must be God! So, Dear God, hope you got my letter and... I pray you can make it better down here. I'm sorry to pale to your judgement, but 'tis true that I didn't cash in all my rewards in what you deem to be a timely fashion, and for that I should be stoned to death or at least flogged until bloody, but I think you missed the point... The point is that if they say we've got until 7am to cash in our winnings, then they cut us off an hour short and leave us holding a bag full of worthless chips accounting for dozens of hours of wasted gameplay because we believed that we had adequate time to spend them, then we're allowed to be upset. In fact, I think a court would call it a breech of contract. Of course nobody's going to sue Arc over this breech, but I think we should be made whole because it's just the right thing to do. It all boils down to the cardinal rule of business, do what you say you're gonna do when you say you're gonna do it. If that had been done fairly, then our only grief would be with ourselves.
  • podperson13podperson13 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    The event was supposed to end at noon (US Central Time) but instead I log in to start a final run through the quests and skirmish for my characters to see that I now have less than a f’in hour. I didnt even got my last Zen Market freebie because I couldn’t get to use the character that had the other stacks of scrolls.

I really didn’t care for a stupid chair that wasn’t no where near getting with the renown coins and wouldn’t see as a random drop, it’s the fact we were told we had until a certain time to do this f’ing event but got screwed 4 hours before it ended for some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> maintenance server reset that should have started after the event ended. That’s what pissed me off.

Now I get back into the game and find that there are bags of 150 Neverwinter Renown you can buy with the figures but what a shock, you cant open the f’ng bags to use them. And to top it off I got booted out of the game and unable to get back in because they fixed what??
  • thrilljockeythrilljockey Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    At least I was able to use some of my tokens before I got booted...
  • zacoria1405zacoria1405 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    Are they still messing about with the servers? Managed to get on about 15 mins ago and now all I'm getting is "server unavailable at this time".
  • riimasriimas Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Are they still messing about with the servers? Managed to get on about 15 mins ago and now all I'm getting is "server unavailable at this time".

looks like it. i was able to get on 2x over the past hour for a few minutes at a time before getting booted.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    aaaand 8.5 hours later I get 5 minutes online before they kick everyone out and lock the shards again...
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • agent00spliffagent00spliff Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    So 6 hours for a server reset becomes 7 going on 8. Eso looking better and better. Arc why don't you take the millons you made off this pay2play game and invest it into mirror servers.

LMFAO!!! Perfect World invests the bare minimum into their games and puts profit over everything, always have and always will. Look at their track record, they push out a game and rake in as much cash from the credit card warriors as they can until the game goes belly up (NWPC is their only game that actually had a somewhat decent run) then rinse and repeat.

Also ESO is complete and utter garbage. Warframe, as awful as it is, is a better game.
    Dolores Haze - CW
    Lykopis - GWF
    Goon Squad

Embrace the cashgrab
    Typicail. Waiting till the last moment to get stuff done?? Take responsibility for your own failures. Seven days was plenty time to get that throne plus more. Try some of these comments in a real war zone and see how fast you can run when you realize "oh crud!! I didn't bring my ammo!! Redo"

lol the only people failing here are ARC who:
    launch a 6 hour update DURING an event
    can't keep to schedule so 6 hours becomes ALL DAY
    do not have mirrored servers (which are standard practice for online gaming) which would avoid the 6 hours in the first place!

If you're comparing it to a war zone, it's more like the grunts were present & ready but let down by poor intelligence & planning from above (again).

• retrocoinretrocoin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It is the first MMO on Xbox

Neverwinter is actually the second MMO on Xbox One. The first was Onigiri, while released in Japan, it is free and not region locked, so players outside of Japan can access it via an adjustment of region on the console. Additionally it is slated to have an English / US release sometime soon.

But focusing on the topic at hand...

I entirely agree with PlannB23.
    plannb23 wrote: »
    1. The game is free to play.
    2. You freely chose to spend money on the game. While you may now be unhappy with your choice to spend the money here, nonetheless, you spent it.
    3. It's a pretty simple concept. Putting time and effort into a game you don't like is the exact definition of a waste of time. Quit.

As I see it, all the annoyance and complaining boils down to a simple concept, either:

A. You have control over a situation - therefore you have no one to blame but yourself if something can't be accomplished the way you want and thus you have no reason to complain. If you had wanted a different outcome, you could have made it happen.

B. You don't have control over a situation - therefore complaining to anyone would be useless as it won't affect anything, thus (again) you have no reason to complain.

Complaining is for those that can't accept they are to blame for the outcome of their actions (or non-actions). Be aware of what is going on around you and with the things you have vested interest in. Create and advance your opportunities to attain the outcome you want.

Yes, I think that it was a poor decision to run server maintenance during the last hours of an event, but I also think that if one wanted the rewards of the event so badly, they would have adjusted their priorities to allow getting it without running time down to the wire. There will be other events, there will be other periods of system maintenance, some of these may overlap. In the end, it's a game - we may have invested time and money, but it is a game. Have fun.
    Update 1:26PM PDT: We had to lock the shards again due to connection issues.

Have you tried turning it off & on again? Just asking... ;)

• rockstargfurockstargfu Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    xnxn7x wrote: »
    There only doing updates. Jubilee will still be avaliable. Why do tardss always have to complain. Just enjoy the game and appreciate the fact they are trying to fix stuff. jesus get tired of grown men complaining oh it wasnt my way wine wine wine!

Get over it

I love me some good ol irony

• f1r1a1n1cf1r1a1n1c Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    still down...
    I'm having trouble logging in, it say server unavailable. I'm guessing all the above moaning shows i'm not the only one... :-)
    Any ETA for the end of the down time please?
    Update 2:04PM PDT: ETA looks like another hour. We apologize for the inconvenience.

lol so UK time zone that's 1pm to 1am offline - well done!

Btw I'm not blaming Arc's IT people, I'm sure they'd love to have the right resources to avoid this kind of situation - as ever it'll be down to the short sighted 'bottom line' people at the top who put squeezing out extra profits ahead of creating a good product.

Short-termism at its best.

7 PDT is 6 PST, they did not lie.

they better extend the event though.

I live in PDT even googled cause i thought i goofed. But nope, 6AM PDT Servers dropped
  • vdh2677vdh2677 Member Posts: 2
  • vdh2677vdh2677 Member Posts: 2
    I'm about to cry!
  • zacoria1405zacoria1405 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    According to twitter their engineers need another 2 hours at which point they "will either have a solution or an update".
  • ancojoancojo Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    Its sad that I cant wait for the update next week so I can see if I still get kicked after or before boss fights, I dont want to stop playing as the games great but this is slowly killing it for me! What posts were the devs reading to come up with such stupid ideas in the upcoming fix?
  • tgsinfurno121tgsinfurno121 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Maintaince maintaince maintaince elder scrolls where smart mad it on disc this game and the company dealing with is losing customers delays false promises this isnt a buisness its cow boys been waiting months to advance eack week updates not to solve problem but to sell more rubbish By the the green Square jelly mount ???? Thats just got low standards 6 hrs then 7 then no update wat so every lag then boom 30 mins servers down again on advent= think u just lost alot of customers its not the first time wow

• samantha155samantha155 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    got on after update and got renown using my figures and cant use what do I do
  • vdeekvvdeekv Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    Super pleased for the PC guys that NW announced on twitter that they are 'definitely planning something special for when it's back up'... what an excellent way to appease their loyal player base after an unexpectedly protracted down time... :/
  • ceemaus2020ceemaus2020 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    ima laugh when they extend the event a day or two and then you little babies get that pacifier you need. Then you will fail to get the stuff that you want and then start flashing because the event wasnt permanent. Oh as for god thx man ;) in case u were unaware there was a faster way than just doing dailies to get statues....But I work in mysterious ways sooo if I told you how that would be meddling.
    ima laugh when they extend the event a day or two and then you little babies get that pacifier you need. Then you will fail to get the stuff that you want and then start flashing because the event wasnt permanent. Oh as for god thx man ;) in case u were unaware there was a faster way than just doing dailies to get statues....But I work in mysterious ways sooo if I told you how that would be meddling.

Idk u and idc if you laugh, i been moving in to my new house all week and just got internet, gamed 3hours to hit 2900 rep, and then get shut out an hour early as i was on 2/4 cauldrons
  • tomtravoltalmaotomtravoltalmao Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    You mean no expansion yet???? Come on let take down Tiamat already.
    billyriz12 wrote: »

Tiamt dont rise for a couple of weeks after the Well of Dragons update

• tomtravoltalmaotomtravoltalmao Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I understand how long it takes for tiamat to unlock...... just excited to work up t that point.o
This discussion has been closed.