test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Xbox One: Scheduled Maintenance Tomorrow 6/25 at 7AM PDT

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Update 3:11PM PDT: It's back up. Let us know if you run into any issues.

Update 2:57PM PDT: Our engineers are still working on the issue. We will have either a solution or update in two hours. We apologize for the delay.

Update 2:04PM PDT: ETA looks like another hour. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Update 1:26PM PDT: We had to lock the shards again due to connection issues.

Update 12:08PM PDT: Lord Neverember needs an additional hour and apologizes for the delay.

Update 11:12AM PDT: ETA is roughly one more hour.

Update 8:51AM PDT: Maintenance is progressing smoothly.

Neverwinter Xbox One will have its maintenance tomorrow 6/25 at 7AM PDT for up to six hours due to network maintenance. This is just a server restart.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by strumslinger on

Comments

• tomtravoltalmaotomtravoltalmao Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    You mean no expansion yet???? Come on let take down Tiamat already.
  • cybergutscyberguts Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    Yeah, it'll take 2 weeks to actually unlock the Tiamat fight.
    I reckon the "maintenance" is to install the Xpak ready for its drop on Tues (the next on/off server maintenance)
    Erdan Darksbane - Lvl 60 Soulbinder Fury SW
    BamBam - Lvl 30 GWF
    Trevok - Lvl 30 GF
    Wil - Lvl 25 TR (PvP)
  • rockstargfurockstargfu Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Neverwinter Xbox One will have its maintenance tomorrow 6/25 at 7AM PDT for up to six hours due to network maintenance. This is just a server restart.

Im 100 rep short from my chair of the lion and you just kicked me from the last round i needed (2/4 cauldrons final wave) and thus ending jubilee days early...

Btw its 6:05AM PDT atm

Edited; forgot to mention maintenance is an hour early, started at 6:00AM PDT

• bmeanbmean Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    6hrs? Yeah, I'm guessing that they are preparing for tiamat. Probably doing some testing during this time and hopefully testing some well needed fixes. They could of held off until the event ended in 4 hrs though.. lol
  • jppatchesjppatches Member Posts: 1
    sigh ... why say you will take down servers at 7 AM and then take them down at 6 AM??????? I was trying to finish doing the event skirmish on 2 toons and figured I had plenty of time. Sorry folks just not the way to run an event by taking servers offline too soon. First you screw us on the tokens, then the bank slots and now this. I want the problems in the game fixed like everyone else, but it seems you guys need to fix things in your shop first.
  • littlevale#6076 littlevale Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Twitter says 7 AM PDT, but here it says an hour sooner. Here was correct, Twitter lied to me.

Edit: I am super excited about those fixes though!
  • rockstargfurockstargfu Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    Twitter says 7 AM PDT, but here it says an hour sooner. Here was correct, Twitter lied to me.

Edit: I am super excited about those fixes though!

Is this a troll cause its 622 Am PDT atm and you said 7am for twitter and here

• nem3slsnem3sls Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This is just a server restart.

6hrs? Nah come on, don't just copy and paste...

Edit: wtf? Why does it say champions online user under my nick, never touched this game... Jeez
    The Legendary Outlaws

maintaining HR, DC, GWF, TR, SW, CW, OP, 4 Kids and 1 wife :p Dungeon runs anyone?

Tweet me @ nem3sis_AUT
    Streaming NWXbox daily @ 7PM CEST My Twitch
    When is this for you? Worldtime Buddy

I miss you Boo :(
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Starting maintenance a couple of hours before the end of your birthday events screams of amateurishness as does the fact you need to take them down at all instead of having mirrored servers - update one whilst players use the other - then make people log off and switch over when updated and tested.

Not only did I play Guild Wars for several years and never saw anything like this, I also work in IT and am stunned at how things are done at Arc. No wonder it's free...
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • therealshakur70therealshakur70 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    7 PDT is 6 PST, they did not lie.

they better extend the event though.
  • thrilljockeythrilljockey Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2015

So, I guess you meant six and not seven? Is taking the servers down early without warning at the end of a week long event a good way to keep customers happy? Now I have five toons with tokens and renown that I've been collecting all week and apparently won't be able to spend. I've been having trouble juggling Neverwinter and that other MMO, so thanks for helping me decide which one I should devote my time to. Now, how do I delete this money sucking POS from my hard drive?

Edit, just a server restart? Six hours?

• speedyzyn01speedyzyn01 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Elders Scroll, here I go.....Arc always becoming easier my decisions....
  • podperson13podperson13 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    What kind of company starts a maintenance during the last few hours of an event? You couldn’t have just waited until the event ended before starting a six hour fix for nothing? Thanks for nothing.
  • mainkingdmainkingd Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I hope you'll be Extending this Jubilee Event Considering your doing maintenance during Event time, Why couldn't you wait untill its finished! And ontop of that when are we getting the elemental expansion so that we can finally rank upto lvl 70
  • nonameduunonameduu Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    You don't want lvl70. We are ready for Tiamat though!!!
    December
    Scourge Warlock
  • lethalacezxxlethalacezxx Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    armadeonx wrote: »
    Starting maintenance a couple of hours before the end of your birthday events screams of amateurishness as does the fact you need to take them down at all instead of having mirrored servers - update one whilst players use the other - then make people log off and switch over when updated and tested.

Not only did I play Guild Wars for several years and never saw anything like this, I also work in IT and am stunned at how things are done at Arc. No wonder it's free...

7 PDT is 6 PST, they did not lie.

they better extend the event though.
    What kind of company starts a maintenance during the last few hours of an event? You couldn’t have just waited until the event ended before starting a six hour fix for nothing? Thanks for nothing.

You say it's a free game. No it isn't I've spent a fortune on this pile of sh#-_; just to be ruber banding not getting on... Etc etc etc and alls there doing is maintenance.. During the event might I add.... With the money I have spent on this game I could have bought 7 games it's really bad organisation if you ask me..... Wish I hadn't started playing it tbh...
    One thing after another.. Never ending bull
    Argh gets me sooo mad
    Going to have to get something else... can't wait for fallout this games bad
  • ceemaus2020ceemaus2020 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    whoa guys stop the hate... first off did they force you to spend 7 games worth of money on this? second go outside do something with your lives it seems like you are mad at them for bringing a great game to a console from pc... Also if you are sooo good at server maintenance you do it. Another thing tuesday there was no server maintenance so you had just the same amt of time for the event as if they were doing it on tuesday. The servers were more laggy than usual so you should appreciate the reboot...
  • ticlet0914ticlet0914 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Would have been nice to have finished the event first.

• ticlet0914ticlet0914 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Thanks for doing maintenance before the event was even over, who's bright idea was that?
  • vmurray2501vmurray2501 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I agree with therealshakur70 and mainkingd etc..The event should definately be extended. Many players were one more daily quest away from getting the Throne. We get hooked playing as much as we can out of nervousness that we wont get the rewards we want in time, and now all of that time playing ( while we couldve been getting further in other games but didnt because the rewards for this event were worth it) now seem like a total waste. And from skeptical point of view it seemed like a trick to get people playing more. The multiple updates and the amount of time they take are getting a little annoying especially for those who can only play during certain times of the day i.e; kids to take care of, school, work etc..

I hope we're all heard and all of these comments are read because it would suck if this were a waste of time too.
  • shadowfire187shadowfire187 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    You're worried about the throne? The Battle Horn was more useful and it's only slightly better than leaving the slot in you tray empty.
  • ceemaus2020ceemaus2020 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    all I hear are complaints once again TUESDAY was supposed to be server maintenance and they didnt do it. So you had just as much time for the event as you would've if maintenance was tuesday instead its thurs who cares. See how terrible the game would become if they just left the servers up all the time... you're just sad because you wanted a stupid throne if u want one sooo bad ill be glad to sell you mine. Oh and im not positive but if u unlocked the area pemanently which only required 15 commemorative statues which I had no problem doing the first day then you should be able to get your throne so you can spin and twitch like a crack head at will. Other than that you dont know if they are or aren't extending the event. Before you go flashing out wait for the servers to go back up
  • strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    all I hear are complaints once again TUESDAY was supposed to be server maintenance and they didnt do it. So you had just as much time for the event as you would've if maintenance was tuesday instead its thurs who cares. See how terrible the game would become if they just left the servers up all the time... you're just sad because you wanted a stupid throne if u want one sooo bad ill be glad to sell you mine. Oh and im not positive but if u unlocked the area pemanently which only required 15 commemorative statues which I had no problem doing the first day then you should be able to get your throne so you can spin and twitch like a crack head at will. Other than that you dont know if they are or aren't extending the event. Before you go flashing out wait for the servers to go back up

On behalf of the world we apologize. We had forgotten that the world revolved around you and your play times and your preferences. Please excuse us for our insolence.
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • deranged1hermitderanged1hermit Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Typicail. Waiting till the last moment to get stuff done?? Take responsibility for your own failures. Seven days was plenty time to get that throne plus more. Try some of these comments in a real war zone and see how fast you can run when you realize "oh crud!! I didn't bring my ammo!! Redo"

• plannb23plannb23 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    1. The game is free to play.
    2. You freely chose to spend money on the game. While you may now be unhappy with your choice to spend the money here, nonetheless, you spent it.
    3. It's a pretty simple concept. Putting time and effort into a game you don't like is the exact definition of a waste of time. Quit.
    You say it's a free game. No it isn't I've spent a fortune on this pile of sh#-_; just to be ruber banding not getting on... Etc etc etc and alls there doing is maintenance.. During the event might I add.... With the money I have spent on this game I could have bought 7 games it's really bad organisation if you ask me..... Wish I hadn't started playing it tbh...
    One thing after another.. Never ending bull

Neverwinter-Signature.png
  • plannb23plannb23 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    First off, comparing what happens in an video game to real time events is the most moronic statement I've ever seen. Additionally, not all of us playing this game are able to sit down and play for hours on end, thus those 4 hours this morning could be the only 4 hours someone had uninterrupted to play. Stop with the judgement. We can't all be like you and devote thousands of hours a month to a video game.
    Typicail. Waiting till the last moment to get stuff done?? Take responsibility for your own failures. Seven days was plenty time to get that throne plus more. Try some of these comments in a real war zone and see how fast you can run when you realize "oh crud!! I didn't bring my ammo!! Redo"

Neverwinter-Signature.png
This discussion has been closed.