test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Firewatch Art Initiative

Comments

• biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'd ask Trailturtle directly for a firm answer. But you're drawing free pictures for the first x people to say "yo." I seriously doubt you'd get into any sort of trouble with gambling laws over it.
    biffsig.jpg
  • xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This isn't gambling...more of a free prize drawing.(Emphasis on the free part. Pun not intended.) This person you were speaking with was probably just confused and being overly cautious for some reason we can only speculate.

Or they're doing that other thing.. that thing that also involves living under bridges and eating goats that try to walk across.

Either way you shouldn't sweat it.
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If we had to post money to participate, your troll might have a point. But we don't, so he doesn't. Eff that noise.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I think it's more "bridge-dweller" than "cautious". Either way, this person's already drawn more attention from us than he deserves.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • agentcanadaagentcanada Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hello Heroes
    The Marvel Mash-Up: R#2 lottery winner's picture is now posted "Congratz to Glimmer!"
    Sentenced01:
    Sentenced01_zps768kajcr.jpg
    ...and the sentence is always Death! But I hope you get a kick out of it anyways.

In response to all the comments about my other post, thanks and I'm not too worried about him personally. It was just such a weird event and got me a little riled.
    AC
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hello Heroes
    The Marvel Mash-Up: R#2 lottery winner's picture is now posted "Congratz to Glimmer!"
    Sentenced01:
    Sentenced01_zps768kajcr.jpg
    ...and the sentence is always Death! But I hope you get a kick out of it anyways.

In response to all the comments about my other post, thanks and I'm not too worried about him personally. It was just such a weird event and got me a little riled.
    AC

Nimrod was always so cool....Didn't he end up being Bastion later? I have been on a wiki marvel fix lately.

Great piece!
    edited March 2015
    Yeah parts of him became Bastion, other parts were merged into the bigger Sentinel program, and his corpse has been ransacked for advanced weaponry multiple times. Very Terminator 2 ish, the future "Ultimate" Sentinel comes back in time, eventually get destroyed and in doing so advances the Sentinel program immeasurably.
    AC
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Awesome drawing, AC. I love it! Nimrod looks like he's having WAY too much fun blasting the deviant mutant.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• xparibaxxparibax Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    XD He does have a sort of "This is AWESOME!" gleeful grin...

• novaninja555novaninja555 Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yep! Nimrod is having a blast!

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
    edited March 2015
    Yep! Nimrod is having a blast!
    Having, giving, whatever... :smile:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

edited March 2015
    As most of you know I do these at work - breaks, downtime and such, but I have spent most of the week painting and was far too dirty to get any real progress done. I do have my sketch though and hopefully will get to the inks this week end.

We can however get the next one started right now; The St. Paddy's Day Pin-Up: This ones going to be a little different, this time your character is the theme, I'm looking for an Irish lass to be my Superhero Pin-Up girl. Now don't go making one up or redressing an existing hero/heroine, there's no point in my drawing that. No, if you happen to play an Irish Superhero and the Irish shows through, then post your name@name as this one will be a lottery draw. Yes it a little bit of a stereotype but that's not always a bad thing. The "Irish showing through" may be a bit subjective but I'll try my best.

Standard Rules:
    (01) Post the name of your Irish Hero and your @name.
    (02) You are responsible for posting a screen-cap of your hero
    * Do not post the screen cap until the winner is drawn, no screen cap no doodle however.

St. Paddy's Day Pin-Up!
    (01)
    (02)
    (03)
    (04)
    (05)

The closing date will be tricky but no later then Monday for sure. Feel free to ask questions here or in-game,
    AC
    edited March 2015
    I thought I was out of this one, then I remembered I have Gloriana. She's a Duchess based out my odd elvish story-world, where most of the nobility are decended form the Tuatha de Danann.
    It's a bit of a stretch, but shes Irish, just not from *this* Ireland. :P
    Gloriana@Pariba

edited March 2015
    Sister Silicon Prime@KWRussell a.k.a. Siobhan Mullins, 1st-generation Irish-American.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • sparklisinasparklisina Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Daisy O'Grady@Glass-Rose

Rose_sig.png
  • prestochangoprestochango Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Emerald Banshee@prestochango
    edited March 2015
    Hello Heroes
    We have our first entries and that means we have an official lottery. I'll set up the list right now. The St. Paddy's Day Pin-Up: This ones going to be a little different, this time your character is the theme, I'm looking for an Irish lass to be my Superhero Pin-Up girl. Now don't go making one up or redressing an existing hero/heroine, there's no point in my drawing that. No, if you happen to play an Irish Superhero and the Irish shows through, then post your name@name as this one will be a lottery draw. Yes it a little bit of a stereotype but that's not always a bad thing. The "Irish showing through" may be a bit subjective but I'll try my best.

Standard Rules:
    * Do not post the screen cap until the winner is drawn, no screen cap no doodle however.

St. Paddy's Day Pin-Up!
    (01) Gloriana@Pariba
    (02) Sister Silicon Prime@KWRussell
    (03) Morrigan Black@Bluegrass_Beast
    (04) Daisy O'Grady@Glass-Rose
    (05) Emerald Banshee@prestochango
    (06)
    (07)
    (08)
    (09)
    (10)

"Sister Silicon Prime@KWRussell"
    *I've seen two of her costumes before is there a version with an"Irish" feel to it?

The closing date will be tricky but no later then Monday for sure. Feel free to ask questions here or in-game,
    AC
    edited March 2015
    Never mind, then. I don't have leprechaun costumes.
    edited March 2015
    I don't think a leprechaun costume was a requirement. Just a female char of Irish ancestry. My char, Emerald Banshee is a young Irish lass, that uses some green in her costume. She's an archer and a bit of Green Arrow and Black Canary mix for the power sets.
    edited March 2015
    Hello Heroes, sorry for the late start but the list hasn't really changed much at all.
    The St. Paddy's Day Pin-Up: This ones going to be a little different, this time your character is the theme, I'm looking for an Irish lass to be my Superhero Pin-Up girl. Now don't go making one up or redressing an existing hero/heroine, there's no point in my drawing that. No, if you happen to play an Irish Superhero and the Irish shows through, then post your name@name as this one will be a lottery draw. Yes it a little bit of a stereotype but that's not always a bad thing. The "Irish showing through" may be a bit subjective but I'll try my best.

Standard Rules:

St. Paddy's Day Pin-Up!
    (01) Gloriana@Pariba
    (02) Morrigan Black@Bluegrass_Beast
    (03) Daisy O'Grady@Glass-Rose
    (04) Emerald Banshee@prestochango
    (05)
    (06)
    (07)
    (08)
    (09)
    (10)

That's probably the lot right there but I'll leave for till tomorrow morning. Feel free to ask questions here or in-game,
    AC
  • sparklisinasparklisina Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have a ton of Irish characters. At least 20. But Daisy is my newest and I figured I'd give her a shot.

Rose_sig.png
    edited March 2015
    Let's close it up and roll for my Pin-Up
    The St. Paddy's Day Pin-Up: This ones going to be a little different, this time your character is the theme, I'm looking for an Irish lass to be my Superhero Pin-Up girl. Now don't go making one up or redressing an existing hero/heroine, there's no point in my drawing that. No, if you happen to play an Irish Superhero and the Irish shows through, then post your name@name as this one will be a lottery draw. Yes it a little bit of a stereotype but that's not always a bad thing. The "Irish showing through" may be a bit subjective but I'll try my best.

Standard Rules:

St. Paddy's Day Pin-Up!
    (01) Gloriana@Pariba
    (02) Morrigan Black@Bluegrass_Beast
    (03) Daisy O'Grady@Glass-Rose
    (04) Emerald Banshee@prestochango

Removed all blanks and rolled as a d4, the faces a "4" "Congratz to Emerald Banshee!"
    This will be the last till I catch up, thanks to all who joined up.
    AC
    edited March 2015
    Awesome! I'll get the screen shots up tonight when I get home.

Edit: I'm home!
    09075e6d-5523-429a-9fc6-e951c0a4ead7_zpsaustaifl.jpg
    8d33de46-4348-4542-8fb3-6da0cca2f86e_zps1cnezsqd.jpg
    c7f5b924-9698-47de-b3b7-0bebdc1eb991_zpscjkwtkas.jpg
    84666efe-ee4c-45ec-99da-f189255dcfe2_zpsqi5ygtsw.jpg
    edited March 2015
    Hello Heroes, the Marvel Mash-Up: Grand Prize lottery winner's picture is now posted "Congratz to A.R.E.S.!"
    TheVictor01:
    TheVictor01_zpsdl47rifu.jpg
    Once again apologies for the delay but I do hope you get a kick out of Doom's defeat. I somehow read victory pose in your entry and unmasking Doom is about as good as it gets.
    AC
    Ps. The screen caps for Emerald Banshee look good, thanks prestochango.
  • randomchance4242randomchance4242 Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Oh wow! That looks freaking EPIC! Thanks so much, AC! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
  • dr490nbr347hidr490nbr347hi Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    That's awesome.

@dr490nbr347hi / Playing since January 25, '11
    Display normal Internet behavior. Come and make fun (yes, make fun) of my PRIMUS page.
  • theapygoostheapygoos Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    daw, what i missed another lottery :(
    epic art though!
  • novaninja555novaninja555 Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Argh!!! Why did I have to be late for the pin up lottery!!!

Great marvel mash up btw

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
    edited March 2015
    Hello Heroes, the Marvel Mash-Up: Grand Prize lottery winner's picture is now posted "Congratz to A.R.E.S.!"
    TheVictor01:
    TheVictor01_zpsdl47rifu.jpg
    Once again apologies for the delay but I do hope you get a kick out of Doom's defeat. I somehow read victory pose in your entry and unmasking Doom is about as good as it gets.
    AC
    Ps. The screen caps for Emerald Banshee look good, thanks prestochango.

That's a great pic, AC. I'm digging the pose that you opted for and you can almost hear Doom say...

"Worthless, insufferable Dolt. You shall learn what it means to incur the wrath of Doctor Doom!"
    edited March 2015
    Then Ares hammers his head into the floor repeaedly until he shuts up?
    *THUMPTHMPTHUMP* "...Ow geeze! Cur I'll-" *THUMPTHUMP* ".....!"

edited March 2015
    Thanks for all the comments, I appreciate it.
    AC
    edited March 2015
    "Was trying to tell.ask you this in-game AC - Between this one and the Maj. Matrix vs. Dracula mash-up, am I noticing a move to a more in-motion, dynamic style? You really feel the "moment in time" with them, this one especially, and it's a great thing to see."

Not consciously no, I always try to capture a moment but I don't always succeed. The biggest problems I have when I do the lotteries is that I have to scan the physical artwork and my scanner is an old home office style printer/scanner and added to that I not terribly computer savvy. Once scanned in I use the native Paint program to remove any damage or bad lines and add the banners, so the size and format are kind of a limiting factor as well.

Dracula and Doom I do consider successes, but even though I knew exactly what I wanted to draw immediately I had problems with the plotting of both, in solving the plotting problem I made the poses stronger. The other bonus both of the doodles had in common was in fixing the positions of both combatants I was able to draw them bigger on the page and that makes a huge difference.

My absolute favorite thing during these lotteries is when one of you posts a visual striking superhero and an exciting pairing. My brain starts flashing potential images immediately and that makes for a very fun draw. That is why I'm so picky with my themes, I promised myself that I would only do these as long as they remained fun for me. The random drawing adds the unpredictable element that both keeps it fresh and me honest.
    AC
    edited March 2015
    Well I think I speak for everyone here, AC. We really appreciate all your hard work. I love the lotteries. I think it's a fun activity and we get a chance to win some pretty damn impressive art. Heck, even if we don't win, we get to see some pretty damn impressive art.

For your next lottery, why not mix things up a bit? You (the artist) post a list of villians that you've not had the oppurtunity to draw. We enter the lottery as usual and then you break out the trusty die. You roll for the lottery winner and then you roll for the villian we fight.

Anyways just a suggestion.
    edited March 2015
    That's actually a really good twist on Mash-Up style lotteries, maybe better as a single round type of event, but I like it. I'll try to come up with villains list by Friday at the latest, thanks pal.
    AC
    edited March 2015
    That's actually a really good twist on Mash-Up style lotteries, maybe better as a single round type of event, but I like it. I'll try to come up with villains list by Friday at the latest, thanks pal.
    AC

Anytime AC, anytime.
    edited March 2015
    Hello Heroes
    The Saint Paddy's Day Pin-Up lottery winners picture is finally done "Congratz to Emerald Banshee!"
    LuckyCharms01:
    LuckyCharms01_zps0cqpr3d5.jpg
    Sorry it's a little late but the first pose simply didn't work out, so faster than you can say Yakety Sax, I I went for a Benny Hill joke. The idea is pretty straight forward but I've been told the poses are not as obvious as I thought they were, so I'll describe the scene:
    Leprechaun spots and dives for his pot o'gold.
    Emerald Banshee yanks her beer and the pot o'gold out of harms way.
    The leprechaun failing wildly grabs Banshee's tunic by accident and it tears off as he sails on by.
    I do hope you get a kick out of your holiday doodle.
    AC
    edited March 2015
    "Accident". Right. :biggrin:

I can see the leer on the little perv's face... :wink:

edited March 2015
    Hello Heroes
    The Saint Paddy's Day Pin-Up lottery winners picture is finally done "Congratz to Emerald Banshee!"
    LuckyCharms01:
    LuckyCharms01_zps0cqpr3d5.jpg
    Sorry it's a little late but the first pose simply didn't work out, so faster than you can say Yakety Sax, I I went for a Benny Hill joke. The idea is pretty straight forward but I've been told the poses are not as obvious as I thought they were, so I'll describe the scene:
    Leprechaun spots and dives for his pot o'gold.
    Emerald Banshee yanks her beer and the pot o'gold out of harms way.
    The leprechaun failing wildly grabs Banshee's tunic by accident and it tears off as he sails on by.
    I do hope you get a kick out of your holiday doodle.
    AC

Lol, good stuff AC! So Emerald Banshee keeps the pot of gold and her beer but the lecherous leprechaun gets the last laugh.
    I love it. Thank you very much.
    edited March 2015
    "For your next lottery, why not mix things up a bit? You (the artist) post a list of villians that you've not had the oppurtunity to draw. We enter the lottery as usual and then you break out the trusty die. You roll for the lottery winner and then you roll for the villian we fight.".

Awesome idea but making a list of every epic villain is virtually impossible so I had to narrow it down a lot. I decided to go with the Team Books I read as a kid as opposed to individual heroes and pick four villains that dominated those books. I call this list The Terrible Twenty.

This will work like the normal Mash-Up but depending on how well it works may only run for one round. The choice of villain faced will be chosen by random die roll as well as the lottery winner.
    If you are not a Marvel Fan, do not enter. All the normal rules apply.

THE TERRIBLE TWENTY!
    (01) Annihilus - Fantastic Four
    (02) The Moleman - Fantastic Four
    (03) The Wizard - Fantastic Four
    (04) The Super Skrull - Fantastic Four
    (05) Kang the Conqueror - Avengers
    (06) Loki - Avengers
    (07) Thanos - Avengers
    (08) Taskmaster - Avengers
    (09) Master Man - Invaders
    (10) U-man - Invaders
    (11) Baron Blood - Invaders
    (12) Adolf Hitler - Invaders
    (13) Baron Mordo - Defenders
    (14) Nebulon the Celestial Man - Defenders
    (15) Attuma - Defenders
    (16) The Enchantress - Defenders
    (17) Apocalypse - X-Men
    (18) Sabretooth - X-Men
    (19) Mystique - X-Men
    (20) The Master of the World - for the Alpha Flight fans

Feel free to ask me questions here or in-game,
    AC
  • theapygoostheapygoos Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Jaguar@apygoos would go great against any of these.
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Luna Dusksoul@kallethen wishes to test her magical might.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Leatherwing@milleniumguardian will have a go :smile:
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • blackwolf305blackwolf305 Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Rhomadaus@Blackwolf305 vs Thanos
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Minecrash@esalmighty
  • jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Sounds interesting! I'd like to add Ellie B.O.T.@Aleatha1011 to the list.
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • maleb666maleb666 Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Blunt Force@Mal66 ftw!!!! :biggrin:
    eupmtpu59ppn.jpg
    edited March 2015
    We got quite a few entries already so I;ll set up the player list.

I decided to go with the Team Books I read as a kid as opposed to individual heroes and pick four villains that dominated those books. I call this list The Terrible Twenty.

This will work like the normal Mash-Up but depending on how well it works may only run for one round. The choice of villain faced will be chosen by random die roll as well as the lottery winner.
    If you are not a Marvel Fan, do not enter. All the normal rules apply.

THE TERRIBLE TWENTY!
    (01) Annihilus - Fantastic Four
    (02) The Moleman - Fantastic Four
    (03) The Wizard - Fantastic Four
    (04) The Super Skrull - Fantastic Four
    (05) Kang the Conqueror - Avengers
    (06) Loki - Avengers
    (07) Thanos - Avengers
    (08) Taskmaster - Avengers
    (09) Master Man - Invaders
    (10) U-man - Invaders
    (11) Baron Blood - Invaders
    (12) Adolf Hitler - Invaders
    (13) Baron Mordo - Defenders
    (14) Nebulon the Celestial Man - Defenders
    (15) Attuma - Defenders
    (16) The Enchantress - Defenders
    (17) Apocalypse - X-Men
    (18) Sabretooth - X-Men
    (19) Mystique - X-Men
    (20) The Master of the World - for the Alpha Flight fans

The Terrible Twenty lottery

(01) Jaguar@apygoos would go great against any of these.
    (02) Luna Dusksoul@kallethen wishes to test her magical might.
    (03) Leatherwing@milleniumguardian will have a go
    (04) Minecrash@esalmighty
    (05) Sounds interesting! I'd like to add Ellie B.O.T.@Aleatha1011 to the list.
    (06) Blunt Force@Mal66 ftw!!!!
    (07)
    (08)
    (09)
    (10)

"Rhomadaus@Blackwolf305 vs Thanos"
    *You are welcome to enter but you seem to have somehow missed that the villain chosen is part of the gamble this time. Nobody knows who they will face from that list till I roll for it. Let me know if you still want it,
    AC
    edited March 2015
    Captain Bananahammock@jonsills.

(Although I have some backups in case I win the roll and you decide you don't want to draw that particular character... ;) )