test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Announcing Steel Crusade

Comments

• tditstdits Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    and you don't see anything wrong with locking powers behind a feature which was hastily tacked on to the game and probably should have been scrapped for a better f2p model?

I give up. can't expect sense on the internet after all.

No, I don't. The only real problem with ATs is the fact that most of them are poorly designed and in desperate need of a healing power. And tying new power access to ATs gets more people to use ATs which gives CN an incentive to fix them.

What needs to be done is to rebalance the spec trees so that all of them are good at their intended purpose and play well with the other specs, while possibly toning down the borderline abusive ones (wardicator). Make sure all the spec tree choices work with the ATs that they are used in. Make sure every AT can heal somehow (Endorphin Rush does not count, and it scales horrible at low CON.). Make sure all powers that ATs use work well with their builds* coughImpulse&Inventorcough. And, when possible, make the AT's more like the Impulse in that you can build them in one of two different ways (with some mixing and matching). This does not mean that all ATs need access to two passives, just that they have enough power choices to allow for two distinct builds. In most cases this just means adding one more optional power.

For instance: Give Grimoires and Radiants a choice between Compassion and Concentration. Or give the Marksman the possibility of taking Manipulator instead of Concentration. No, wait, We can't do that. Working Crowd Control is abusive. :rolleyes:

As an aside, they should give Marksman a secondary in CON instead of EGO. It'd let them gear for Fair Game without gimping themselves in other ways and they can get to softcap in EGO with talents and audacity. And Concentration already scales with INT.

And, as they rework the ATs they can go ahead and fix the DR issue. :pipedream:
    sterga wrote: »
    Pretty sure the "right" team is anyone who isn't asleep at the keyboard / controller.

If agentx5 is on the team, then everyone can be asleep at the keyboard. Including agentx5. :biggrin:

*This does not just mean replacing powers that don't quite fit the way the build workls, this also means fixing outright borked powers like PFF, or to a lesser extent, Kinetic Manipulation** and Medical Nanites.
    **The energy form should be a buff granted by KM instead of part of the passive itself, that way when FC removes it the passive doesn't shut off. This goes for all slotted passive energy forms.

WARNING: Not An Actual Internet Reviewer

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Regardless of people's feelings on the matter of this update, it should be pushed to PTS as soon as possible if the ETA of it is September 4. Less than a month for all of this rings "TEST ME NAO!" in my ears.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
    edited August 2014
    cyrone wrote: »
    Regardless of people's feelings on the matter of this update, it should be pushed to PTS as soon as possible if the ETA of it is September 4. Less than a month for all of this rings "TEST ME NAO!" in my ears.

Yes, please. I wanna test this so hard. Hopefully, we can get enough players together to break the content in every possible way that one can break it on PTS, that way it'll be more or less working properly when it hits live.

• theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,123 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    tdits wrote: »
    Yes, please. I wanna test this so hard. Hopefully, we can get enough players together to break the content in every possible way that one can break it on PTS, that way it'll be more or less working properly when it hits live.

I'm sure they are working to put it on PTS ASAP. But I have a feeling that with the feedback...they may want to push back that ETA somewhat.

Nothing should leave PTS like New Telepathy did. I'm sure it'll be well put together but player testers really need to test stuff.

I'm sure we'll get word very soon.
  • cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Nothing should leave PTS like New Telepathy did. I'm sure it'll be well put together but player testers really need to test stuff.

Yet when you look at the New Telepathy and the history it had on PTS...it was on PTS *twice* in the span of just over a year before it hit Live in its current state. So...pushing back ETA's may not be a good thing either. :biggrin:
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,123 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    cyrone wrote: »
    Yet when you look at the New Telepathy and the history it had on PTS...it was on PTS *twice* in the span of just over a year before it hit Live in its current state. So...pushing back ETA's may not be a good thing either. :biggrin:

Shush yew! :wink:

I just want more time to test!!

Unless this content has been pre tested and it just here for a couple weeks to work out kinks players may spot...then I think there may be an issue.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    so basically a rouge AI has taken over his/her account?

Mechanon. I knew it.

I prefer my AIs bluish.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • crosnightcrosnight Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    new content
    YES

new area
    YES (if new zone upgrade yes to sqeeling with joy)

new AT
    YESYESYES

mechanon fight
    *squeeling with joy*

mechanon as world boss enounter
    imight be some problems with that: mostly in the forms of vehicles.
    make mechanon have a 200 range AoE around himself that disables your devices. dont want mechanon to go down immuniy the damage from device/vehicle damage (since he can probably disable them remotely)
    or the ability to hijack players vehicles and use them against the owner
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    psssssssssssst.

Hey, devs. You know how the become destroid has a charged jet boots power?

Plz? If I hit 40 on it, can has?

You already have the framework for it on a device. Snip it and make it so. I'll *guarantee you* everyone and their mom would rock that at to 40 for the chance to have that power.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    psssssssssssst.

Hey, devs. You know how the become destroid has a charged jet boots power?

You already have the framework for it on a device. Snip it and make it so. I'll *guarantee you* everyone and their mom would rock that at to 40 for the chance to have that power.

I second this.
    biffsig.jpg
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    gradii is redundant, repeats, says the same thing over and over:

and you don't see anything wrong with locking powers behind a feature which was hastily tacked on to the game and probably should have been scrapped for a better f2p model?

I don't. And from the threads, you seem to be alone in thinking there is.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited August 2014

Yup, I think technically it's just a reskinned flight, but it would be nice to have it anyway.
    edited August 2014
    Love the reskin on your avatar and sig meeg.

Nope, it's not a reskinned flight. It's a reskinned jet pack. It's faster than flight, and in fact on near the same level as super speed. If we're gonna do it with free powers, might as well work off of that concept. It's one of the fastest TPs in the game, and that become takes a ramp-up to quick as hell away entirely.

It's not quite as fast as a super-jet, but it's faster than any other travel power we currently possess. You know how jet boots work, they go through stages. The become lets you charge up and skip the stages.

If we're gonna make ranking up an AT to full a thing, this is *exactly* the kind of silly fluff that'll make it work for everyone. Yeah, it's just a travel power. But full speed jet boots on demand? I was gonna level it anyway, but that is a thing. I know jet BOOTS are a gold only, or bought. But free jet pack with a charge up would be amazing. Jet boots doing it as well would kick even more butt. It's just my 2c, but yeah. A device can do it. I'd like to.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • bobj021960bobj021960 Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    A high speed jetback would be groovey for a couple of my toons. I just hate to rebuild (and burn a retcon) just to get the new TP.
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,959 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    No plans for that, unfortunately.

good damm it!, well I guess we can only hope for next time, but damm, so whats happening with the hideout rooms, or are the Devs just going to leave them and not care for them?, because its rather annoying to deal with, as they are there and it seems they just not getting dealt with.
    Psi.
  • ninjapiffninjapiff Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ninjapiff wrote: »
    After I first read the Massively Article, I looked a lot like this:

[Removed. -TrailTurtle]

Aww... I was wondering whether or not that image was gonna fly. Guess not!

Also, stop whining about the AT thing. First of all, we don't even know what powers will be implemented, and how many new powers there will even be. All we know, so far, is that there will be a Rocket-Punch power. Will there be other new powers? Will these powers fit under the 'Power Armor' Powerset? Or will they be considered Gadgeteering? Or, perhaps a separate Technology Powerset, all together? As of now, we don't have that sort of information. So, stop counting your chickens before they're hatched. Or, in this case, declaring your chickens are dead before they're even hatched.
    It makes sense, if you don't think about it.
    cryneting wrote: »
    No plans for that, unfortunately.

good damm it!, well I guess we can only hope for next time, but damm, so whats happening with the hideout rooms, or are the Devs just going to leave them and not care for them?, because its rather annoying to deal with, as they are there and it seems they just not getting dealt with.
    As originally intended, the other Hideout rooms became obsolete on the launch of On Alert. If you can train literally anywhere you happen to be, the need to have your own private PowerHouse is pretty well eliminated, after all. And the Crafting revamp meant that you no longer needed an appropriate table to craft items - you can literally do it on the fly (although I wouldn't recommend that, as it's hard to steer around mountains or buildings while the crafting window is open).

Now they just seem to be a sort of virtual attic, where spare art assets can be stored.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    edited August 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    As originally intended, the other Hideout rooms became obsolete on the launch of On Alert. If you can train literally anywhere you happen to be, the need to have your own private PowerHouse is pretty well eliminated, after all. And the Crafting revamp meant that you no longer needed an appropriate table to craft items - you can literally do it on the fly (although I wouldn't recommend that, as it's hard to steer around mountains or buildings while the crafting window is open).

Now they just seem to be a sort of virtual attic, where spare art assets can be stored.

And it doesn't really have any meaning what they were intended to be, given how many people would be happy even with them being just opened empty.

If they are really that redundant, then these parts of maps should be entirely deleted if only to streamline and reduce map load times. They are unneeded polygons, after all.
    If I was in charge and these rooms were to never be used, I'd streamline them into oblivion long time ago.

And I think having private training holo room for quick testing without having to go to the powerhouse would be enough to sell as an additional feature.
    Working for it? Bring it on.

Drudging for it on a character I might not give 2 cents about? completely another issue.

No.

It's exactly the same issue.

If unlocking new powers was made as a lengthy perk or running dailies, someone else could state their discontent with drudging for it in a boring play about they don't give a damn - and they would be as justified.

The difference is that there's a "work" part, but you disagree with what kind of work it is.

But the principle is the same.
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So, I should never go to a CC because I haven't won one before?

Try using a different haircut.
  • kirsroskirsros Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    All Aboard The Hype Train
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Try using a different haircut.
    Change your hairstyle and wear glasses. Nobody will ever know it's you.

Hey, it works for Clark Kent!
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    edited August 2014
    but the fact is its not the same because I have every right to disagree, and being crucified for having a principled opinion only shows how sad these forums have become.

Principles are like opinions.

Everyone has their own. :tongue:

And you have right to disagree, but if unlock was made by, keeping the same example, a perk (for a good measure it should be something comparable to 5k kills perks, though), then literally anyone not giving a damn to perks would have no less right to complain.

It's literally impossible to produce content appealing to everyone.
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    1st: DaZee, people aren't irritated that you disagree with the AT thing, they're irritated because you seem to be flipping out over it.

2nd: Once upon a time, Blood Moon came out for the first time. If you killed all of the loot bag zombies, I mean, fallen heroes, you gained a perk. This perk allowed you to use the new Celestial set before anyone else. After the event was over, everyone else that was lazy could also use the set. I'm not saying that's what's happening here, but it could be.

The real point is... We have a sentence worth of info on what's going on.

3rd: We haven't had a new TP in FOREVER. I'm secretly hoping it's because they're doing some sort of aura system for them. Rainbows on Acro? Hell yes. They can add a third row under the first two auras for travel powers. I have so many TP skins that I never use because I almost always go Athletics + Jet pack. I just really like those two. Well, I hardly ever use jet pack, but it's way faster than regular flight. I also like the floaty pose for it over jet boots.

Plus, the only athletics skin we have is distortion and I already have it.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
    edited August 2014
    but the fact is its not the same because I have every right to disagree, and being crucified for having a principled opinion only shows how sad these forums have become.

You're not being crucified for having an opinion. You're being crucified for crapping up every thread that even thinks about mechanon, and generally being a tool about it. You're literally one of *two* people I've seen saying this sucks, and damn if I haven't read a rehash of the same 3 thoughts 75 times already.

Seriously, go through your post history for the last 2 days and ask yourself "Is this what a sane person would do?" Because jesus dude. We get it. You can stop now. You coulda stopped 50 posts ago and we STILL would have understood that you're displeased.

Some freaking people... You can't play the victim when you're the aggressor. It doesn't work that way.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    =trailturtle;4320691

As long as your bosses give you a thumbs-up and greenlight you to do stuff like this, I call it a win. :)

Not your boss, TT, but here is a Double Thumbs Up...
    -
    11th-Doctor-bowtiesarecool-002a.jpg
    -
    And a Triple Greenlight.
    -
    greenlight.jpg

:biggrin:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited August 2014
    ninjapiff wrote: »
    Aww... I was wondering whether or not that image was gonna fly. Guess not!

Also, stop whining about the AT thing. First of all, we don't even know what powers will be implemented, and how many new powers there will even be. All we know, so far, is that there will be a Rocket-Punch power. Will there be other new powers? Will these powers fit under the 'Power Armor' Powerset? Or will they be considered Gadgeteering? Or, perhaps a separate Technology Powerset, all together? As of now, we don't have that sort of information. So, stop counting your chickens before they're hatched. Or, in this case, declaring your chickens are dead before they're even hatched.

The champions PnP has a small category of powers called "Automaton Powers". Perhaps we'll be getting a new Tech subtree called that.

• wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So, is this update done in anticipation of the Age of Ultron movie?
    edited August 2014
    Not really.

Mechanon was probably the first boss hinted in UNTIL reports since... Long time.

On the old forums there was even concept art for one of his drones posted.

It may be that some of the art assets for this content are recycled from old unfinished work.
  • williamkonywilliamkony Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Removed post.
    Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
    Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
    Vixon@Tool-box, frighteningly eager to summon despair for his adversaries!
    Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!
  • lordwolfylordwolfy Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    CONTENT!!! GLORIOUS RARE CONTENT!!

Finally something other then a lousy lockbox making the headlines. A new AT and a new area...oh the glorious happiness that will occur!
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    OMG! :eek:

So I start playing this new game called Robocraft and as I'm starting to get sucked into it Champions Online finally gets some new content?!

*shakes fist in the air*

Alright alright... I'll come back to being a regular dear ol' Champs. :tongue:

Let's get some solid plot concepts, good combat design (Fire & Ice is one of the best designs for a boss battle to date, requires GOOD teamwork), and effort-based rewards. Things I'm looking forward to.

It's really cool to be doing Mechanon, since there's references across the game (Desert Salon ex-mechanon follower, ATM in Westside at the comics store, Dr. Silverback in RenCen, etc.) and the playerbase have been asking for a chance to face this foe for a looooong time.

Here's to hoping for the best on this! *cheers!*

tdits wrote: »
    If you have the right team* you can get from level ten to level forty in about six to eight hours. So, you can do it in one day if you have a Saturday free.

*Any team that includes Alyssa Q'Uzixola@agentx5 is the right team. Results with other teams may very.

/e shy

(admittedly it is kind of true, and I'd be happy to help others out who need it)

PS: Don't forget my healer/buff/debuff Ynnea, and my PvE tank Gorothok.
    edited August 2014
    wrathsoul1 wrote: »
    So, is this update done in anticipation of the Age of Ultron movie?

Probably not, Mechanon has been a big bad of the setting since at least the Big Blue Book era. And besides, Mechanon's not actually an Ultron clone, he's more like what would happen if you took Ultron and Braniac threw them in a blender and then fused them with Darksied. Except Mechanon, sadly, spends less time menacingly sitting on peoples couches. :tongue:

• ogremindesogremindes Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Pretty excited. Somewhat less so when I got to the part that mentioned it's tied to an event. 'Cause this game doesn't need more icing, it needs more cake.

-Ogre