Install Arc
Options

Announcing Steel Crusade

124»

Comments

• Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    1st: DaZee, people aren't irritated that you disagree with the AT thing, they're irritated because you seem to be flipping out over it.

2nd: Once upon a time, Blood Moon came out for the first time. If you killed all of the loot bag zombies, I mean, fallen heroes, you gained a perk. This perk allowed you to use the new Celestial set before anyone else. After the event was over, everyone else that was lazy could also use the set. I'm not saying that's what's happening here, but it could be.

The real point is... We have a sentence worth of info on what's going on.

3rd: We haven't had a new TP in FOREVER. I'm secretly hoping it's because they're doing some sort of aura system for them. Rainbows on Acro? Hell yes. They can add a third row under the first two auras for travel powers. I have so many TP skins that I never use because I almost always go Athletics + Jet pack. I just really like those two. Well, I hardly ever use jet pack, but it's way faster than regular flight. I also like the floaty pose for it over jet boots.

Plus, the only athletics skin we have is distortion and I already have it.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    but the fact is its not the same because I have every right to disagree, and being crucified for having a principled opinion only shows how sad these forums have become.

You're not being crucified for having an opinion. You're being crucified for crapping up every thread that even thinks about mechanon, and generally being a tool about it. You're literally one of *two* people I've seen saying this sucks, and damn if I haven't read a rehash of the same 3 thoughts 75 times already.

Seriously, go through your post history for the last 2 days and ask yourself "Is this what a sane person would do?" Because jesus dude. We get it. You can stop now. You coulda stopped 50 posts ago and we STILL would have understood that you're displeased.

Some freaking people... You can't play the victim when you're the aggressor. It doesn't work that way.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    =trailturtle;4320691

As long as your bosses give you a thumbs-up and greenlight you to do stuff like this, I call it a win. :)

Not your boss, TT, but here is a Double Thumbs Up...
    -
    11th-Doctor-bowtiesarecool-002a.jpg
    -
    And a Triple Greenlight.
    -
    greenlight.jpg

:biggrin:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    tditstdits Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ninjapiff wrote: »
    Aww... I was wondering whether or not that image was gonna fly. Guess not!

Also, stop whining about the AT thing. First of all, we don't even know what powers will be implemented, and how many new powers there will even be. All we know, so far, is that there will be a Rocket-Punch power. Will there be other new powers? Will these powers fit under the 'Power Armor' Powerset? Or will they be considered Gadgeteering? Or, perhaps a separate Technology Powerset, all together? As of now, we don't have that sort of information. So, stop counting your chickens before they're hatched. Or, in this case, declaring your chickens are dead before they're even hatched.

The champions PnP has a small category of powers called "Automaton Powers". Perhaps we'll be getting a new Tech subtree called that.

WARNING: Not An Actual Internet Reviewer

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So, is this update done in anticipation of the Age of Ultron movie?
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited August 2014
    Not really.

Mechanon was probably the first boss hinted in UNTIL reports since... Long time.

On the old forums there was even concept art for one of his drones posted.

It may be that some of the art assets for this content are recycled from old unfinished work.
  • Options
    williamkonywilliamkony Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Removed post.
    Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
    Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
    Vixon@Tool-box, frighteningly eager to summon despair for his adversaries!
    Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!
  • Options
    lordwolfylordwolfy Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    CONTENT!!! GLORIOUS RARE CONTENT!!

Finally something other then a lousy lockbox making the headlines. A new AT and a new area...oh the glorious happiness that will occur!
  • Options
    agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    OMG! :eek:

So I start playing this new game called Robocraft and as I'm starting to get sucked into it Champions Online finally gets some new content?!

*shakes fist in the air*

Alright alright... I'll come back to being a regular dear ol' Champs. :tongue:

Let's get some solid plot concepts, good combat design (Fire & Ice is one of the best designs for a boss battle to date, requires GOOD teamwork), and effort-based rewards. Things I'm looking forward to.

It's really cool to be doing Mechanon, since there's references across the game (Desert Salon ex-mechanon follower, ATM in Westside at the comics store, Dr. Silverback in RenCen, etc.) and the playerbase have been asking for a chance to face this foe for a looooong time.

Here's to hoping for the best on this! *cheers!*

tdits wrote: »
    If you have the right team* you can get from level ten to level forty in about six to eight hours. So, you can do it in one day if you have a Saturday free.

*Any team that includes Alyssa Q'Uzixola@agentx5 is the right team. Results with other teams may very.

/e shy

(admittedly it is kind of true, and I'd be happy to help others out who need it)

PS: Don't forget my healer/buff/debuff Ynnea, and my PvE tank Gorothok.
  • Options
    tditstdits Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    wrathsoul1 wrote: »
    So, is this update done in anticipation of the Age of Ultron movie?

Probably not, Mechanon has been a big bad of the setting since at least the Big Blue Book era. And besides, Mechanon's not actually an Ultron clone, he's more like what would happen if you took Ultron and Braniac threw them in a blender and then fused them with Darksied. Except Mechanon, sadly, spends less time menacingly sitting on peoples couches. :tongue:

WARNING: Not An Actual Internet Reviewer

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    ogremindesogremindes Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Pretty excited. Somewhat less so when I got to the part that mentioned it's tied to an event. 'Cause this game doesn't need more icing, it needs more cake.

-Ogre