Install Arc
Options

Fix the darn AD rotation already.

2»

Comments

• Options
    blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I can have an AD up at all times with about a 2 second window or less of not having an AD up. I can even have 2 ADs up at once (for a short period of time). Yes I can do this just by taking a second AD. Is this working as intended? I'm not sure it just doesn't seem very balanced. Oh also, I'm dex primary with secondary str and int. 234 int if anyone wanted to know.
  • Options
    dancingfatkid101dancingfatkid101 Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I can have an AD up at all times with about a 2 second window or less of not having an AD up. I can even have 2 ADs up at once (for a short period of time). Yes I can do this just by taking a second AD. Is this working as intended? I'm not sure it just doesn't seem very balanced. Oh also, I'm dex primary with secondary str and int. 234 int if anyone wanted to know.

I'm sorry sir but I have an int of around 300 or so and legions helmet of Utility and x2 impact 7
    and my max cool down on my AD's are around 39Seconds and in between using them it's about 18 seconds, so could you maybe explain how there's such a large gap in your information maybe you have some sort of special gear or you may be using nanobot swarm?
  • Options
    joybuzzerxjoybuzzerx Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm sorry sir but I have an int of around 300 or so and legions helmet of Utility and x2 impact 7
    and my max cool down on my AD's are around 39Seconds and in between using them it's about 18 seconds, so could you maybe explain how there's such a large gap in your information maybe you have some sort of special gear or you may be using nanobot swarm?

Can't remember the stats on gear, but I've gotten two ADs down to 35 seconds each. Though, I don't quite remember the length of MD's duration. I also used MD and Resurgence, so that would be different.

Also had two AOs one with 18sec duration and one with 15sec duration with no gap between their uses...so that's 33 second cooldown on them.

I know I was using Helm of Speed with 2 Impacts. I just don't recall mods. I believe the SSs were EGO/DEX/INT, but it may have been EGO/DEX/CON (been awhile).

So it can be done.
  • Options
    selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited April 2014

CD Redux rating has a bigger impact than raw int, and unfortunately, CD Redux on Secondary gear has been broken forever.

Use the Helm of Speed instead of Utility. Also, if your secondary utility is Vigilante you're losing out on 47 CD Redux because there's no Vigilante Utility piece that gives full CD Redux - the CD Redux piece is bugged and gives the wrong bonus. You'll need a drop item to get the full redux bonus.

If it's like, Armadillo or Nemesis or something you're losing out on even more - the utility pieces don't give the stats they're supposed to give to begin with.

You can also look at the Second Wind spec in Primary Rec if you're going all out.

I believe the record-holder for CD Redux without Second Wind is Paragon/@wesleytansg, who quit last year. His cooldowns sat at 29 seconds iirc.
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I would agree to making Juggernaut 2ndary SS scaling- seems weird there's such a strong Con spec in Strength's tree, and there's not enough 2ndary SS effects in that tree vs. Ego.

Ofc, making NM scale offa Ego (and to a lesser extent) would be nice, and also would just make sense.

To be more on-topic: it seems the design of AD and AOs are of typical 'burst' cds- ie, a large surge in defenses or dmg for a short time. If they are 'burst' cds, then the key phrase there is 'short time'.

W/ CDR as is, AD's and AO's are more sustained dps_tanking cds due to the very high uptime they can have- I doubt this is the dev's intent w/ them. Further, the 'surge' in dmg for AOs in particular is far from one for an actual dps (sans ES/NM), cause of the rife amount of passive dmg boosts in this game and how heavy the DR is on them for FFs (DPS AT's w/ comparable stats/setups get ~40% more final dmg from the same powers- the DR is quite lighter on them).

W/o rocking the boat too much (which would be CDR nerfing- that would actually be ideal to bring it more in line w/ cost discount and the other stats w/ DRs.. but require re-balancing many cd-based abilities) the easiest change is just to fix and/or greatly raise the shared cd.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    joybuzzerx wrote: »
    Can't remember the stats on gear, but I've gotten two ADs down to 35 seconds each. Though, I don't quite remember the length of MD's duration. I also used MD and Resurgence, so that would be different.

Also had two AOs one with 18sec duration and one with 15sec duration with no gap between their uses...so that's 33 second cooldown on them.

I know I was using Helm of Speed with 2 Impacts. I just don't recall mods. I believe the SSs were EGO/DEX/INT, but it may have been EGO/DEX/CON (been awhile).

So it can be done.

Well I don't doubt that it can be done, but the fact is that I don't think it can be done as he stated having an AD up the whole time with only a 2 second gap with him only having an int of 234. I my self have an int of 337 and a legions helmet of utility with an impact and gambler 7 and vigilantes efficient eyepiece and yet my AO and AD both share cool down of 39seconds and with my 2 AOs using one will put a cooldown of 13 seconds onto the other so that's where I find it hard to believe his statement, unless he's using other kinds of gear.
  • Options
    joybuzzerxjoybuzzerx Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well I don't doubt that it can be done, but the fact is that I don't think it can be done as he stated having an AD up the whole time with only a 2 second gap with him only having an int of 234. I my self have an int of 337 and a legions helmet of utility with an impact and gambler 7 and vigilantes efficient eyepiece and yet my AO and AD both share cool down of 39seconds and with my 2 AOs using one will put a cooldown of 13 seconds onto the other so that's where I find it hard to believe his statement, unless he's using other kinds of gear.

He said he did it by having two ADs, not one. He could just keep one active the whole time.

He also didn't mention the rest of his gear, which is likely Helm of Speed w/ Impact Mods (probably 2 of them).

My guess is he's cycling between Unbreakable and Masterful Dodge, but I don't know how long either of them lasts, though don't they last the same amount of time no matter what rank they are? I just don't recall MD lasting longer with more ranks.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    joybuzzerx wrote: »
    He said he did it by having two ADs, not one. He could just keep one active the whole time.

He also didn't mention the rest of his gear, which is likely Helm of Speed w/ Impact Mods (probably 2 of them).

My guess is he's cycling between Unbreakable and Masterful Dodge, but I don't know how long either of them lasts, though don't they last the same amount of time no matter what rank they are? I just don't recall MD lasting longer with more ranks.

I saw that he was using 2 AD's and I know he could have kept one up the whole time, but like I stated he must have had other kinds of gear to back him up to be able to have a 2 second window in between his AD's or it would be near impossible with just 234 int, and yes I do believe both MD and UB share the same timing and that it stays the same with rank the only thing changing is damage absorption with UB and dodge and dodge chance with MD although I could be wrong.
  • Options
    r9xchaosr9xchaos Posts: 533
    edited April 2014
    Why are people asking for CON nerf int his thread anyways?

the only thing i can understand is that we need longer shared cooldown on ADs/AOs.. since you can spam them wich is stupid...
  • Options
    jamesbonnelljamesbonnell Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    As far as I know...

MD base duration is 12 seconds.
    R2 = 15
    R3 = 18

Unbreakable base duration is 12 seconds.
    R2 = 15
    R3 = 18

So. Yes, ranking it up does increase duration.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    ADs that have a duration (MD, Unbreakable) are fixed at 15sec; ranking up doesn't extend that.

AO's follow the 12-15-18 trend, though.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • Options
    jamesbonnelljamesbonnell Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Heh.

That's what I get for going from memory.

You are correct sir!

I almost never rank AOs or ADs, so...
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    With Nanobot swarm , SS int, cooldown gear and revitalize you can SPAM your AO and AD's. I have a toon Strange Dave that does just that.

I think this is something that needs changed.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I almost never rank AOs or ADs, so...

Well, MD is pretty much a waste to rank up for any build that has it (since r1 is enough to give any build >100% dodge, the avoidance increase is small per rank)- the other AD's I would consider ranking if I had spare points, though. For the AO's.. there's some decent reason to- increasing duration per rank is what helps the CDR stacking builds give them long uptime when cycled.
  • Options
    xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    flowcyto wrote: »
    Well, MD is pretty much a waste to rank up for any build that has it (since r1 is enough to give any build >100% dodge, the avoidance increase is small per rank)- the other AD's I would consider ranking if I had spare points, though. For the AO's.. there's some decent reason to- increasing duration per rank is what helps the CDR stacking builds give them long uptime when cycled.

Try an unbreakable rank 3.

I have used it, and have fought against it, and let me tell you...

Breaking through that absorb is not gonna happen.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    xcaligax wrote: »
    Try an unbreakable rank 3.

I have used it, and have fought against it, and let me tell you...

Breaking through that absorb is not gonna happen.

Well, theoretically a high dmg build like a glass cannon would be the counter to something like Unbreakable, but GL getting people to play/roll glass cannons in PvP w/ all the min-maxed tanky-dps running around (and w/ the FF dmg DR being what it is, little merit to being a glass cannon build anyways).