2»

Comments

• jamesbonnelljamesbonnell Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    As far as I know...

MD base duration is 12 seconds.
    R2 = 15
    R3 = 18

Unbreakable base duration is 12 seconds.
    R2 = 15
    R3 = 18

So. Yes, ranking it up does increase duration.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,823 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ADs that have a duration (MD, Unbreakable) are fixed at 15sec; ranking up doesn't extend that.

AO's follow the 12-15-18 trend, though.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • jamesbonnelljamesbonnell Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Heh.

That's what I get for going from memory.

You are correct sir!

I almost never rank AOs or ADs, so...
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    With Nanobot swarm , SS int, cooldown gear and revitalize you can SPAM your AO and AD's. I have a toon Strange Dave that does just that.

I think this is something that needs changed.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
    edited April 2014
    I almost never rank AOs or ADs, so...

Well, MD is pretty much a waste to rank up for any build that has it (since r1 is enough to give any build >100% dodge, the avoidance increase is small per rank)- the other AD's I would consider ranking if I had spare points, though. For the AO's.. there's some decent reason to- increasing duration per rank is what helps the CDR stacking builds give them long uptime when cycled.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    flowcyto wrote: »
    Well, MD is pretty much a waste to rank up for any build that has it (since r1 is enough to give any build >100% dodge, the avoidance increase is small per rank)- the other AD's I would consider ranking if I had spare points, though. For the AO's.. there's some decent reason to- increasing duration per rank is what helps the CDR stacking builds give them long uptime when cycled.

Try an unbreakable rank 3.

I have used it, and have fought against it, and let me tell you...

Breaking through that absorb is not gonna happen.
    edited April 2014
    xcaligax wrote: »
    Try an unbreakable rank 3.

I have used it, and have fought against it, and let me tell you...

Breaking through that absorb is not gonna happen.

Well, theoretically a high dmg build like a glass cannon would be the counter to something like Unbreakable, but GL getting people to play/roll glass cannons in PvP w/ all the min-maxed tanky-dps running around (and w/ the FF dmg DR being what it is, little merit to being a glass cannon build anyways).