test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maintenance Release Notes, 11/14 7am PST

dwightmcdwightmc Posts: 95 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Release Notes
Maintenance tomorrow (11/14) will begin at 7am PST, the normal time.

Start time: 7am PST
Estimated duration: 1.5 - 2 hours

Below are the release notes for the Patch

Veteran Rewards:

- Veteran Rewards now unlock immediately for Lifetime Subscribers. You can read more about this change here.

Powers

- Dodge and Avoid have changed substantially in this patch. Dodge Rating will now only be found on equipment and in specs, and will provide less dodge than in the past. In addition to this many of the powers that previously granted dodge rating now grant flat Dodge Chance. Additionally, Crit and Offense stats have been changed, reducing the effectiveness of Crit Severity and Crit Chance, and increasing the effectiveness of Offense. You can read more about these changes in this dev blog by Gentleman Crush.

- All characters created before October 24th 2013 have been given a Free Retcon.

-*Returning Power* Earth Form: Earth Form has returned to the Brick tree! It can be found under the Earth tab. Below is a description of this passive:

[/LIST]

• Slotted Passive
  • Can be slotted in an Offensive or Balanced passive power slot.
  • Increases all of your Physical (Crushing, Slashing, Piercing) damage. This increase scales with your Super Stats.
  • Increases your resistance to all Physical (Crushing, Slashing, Piercing) damage and greatly increases your resistance to Crushing Damage. These resistances scale with your Super Stats.
  • Generates a small amount of energy when you are struck with Crushing attacks.
  • Reduces the movement speed of nearby foes based on how close to you they are.
  • Counts as an Energy Form.

Items:

- Recognition tokens that are dropped on the ground now have a unique appearance and will automatically picked when you walk over them.
The Drifter Store:

- The Drifter store now has Armadillo costume pieces for sale.

- The Drifter store has a new vehicle for sale: AV-55C Akema VTOL

- You can now store Drifter Salvage in your Account Bank.

UI:

- Added a Change Character button to the game menu that goes to the Character Select screen.

- Added a Sort button to the inventory and bank windows.
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-

Delicious.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    BLARKLDHSGAHL IT IS THE END OF DAAAAYSSSS oh cool, armadillo pieces!
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have mixed Feelings about this....
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    vincyrevincyre Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    are the crit/offense changes making it in as well?
  • Options
    jamesbonnelljamesbonnell Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ah well, adapt and rise above...

On the plus side, LTS 1000 day vet rewards, 400 days early.

You win some, you lose some...
  • Options
    cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yes! Now to get PFF shield regen fixed, again.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • Options
    kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Mmmm.jpg~original
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • Options
    mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    pl0cl.jpg

Glory be to melee users! Glory be to the life timers who have payed a lot towards the game! Glory be to the glory be to the free retcon! And most of all... Ohh most of all we have armadillo costume pieces. Oh tis is a wonderful day! Praise destroyer!

Thanks for the hard work cryptic. :)
  • Options
    neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    avianos wrote: »
    I have mixed Feelings about this....

Same here. After what we got and had taken away with On Alert, every time Crush says "I want to change the game"... well I throw up in my mouth a little bit. :frown:

Oh well, probably a good time to go play STO for a bit.

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    kermit-the-frog-flail.gif?w=560

Wait....
    Added a Change Character button to the game menu that goes to the Character Select screen.

Change our characters to what???
    moustache.gif
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    aceretrieveraceretriever Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    dwightmc wrote: »
    UI:

- Added a Change Character button to the game menu that goes to the Character Select screen.

- Added a Sort button to the inventory and bank windows.

i think i'm gonna cry ohmygod
    Champions: @ace112233
  • Options
    pjz99pjz99 Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    3Qu7d0I.gif
  • Options
    mog555mog555 Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have to say. Yes!

I've been waiting for this...... only I wonder if my build still good to survive with Quarry.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Either that kid is pissed off or really happy.
    Never could tell that of kids.
  • Options
    nightr0dnightr0d Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Powers

- Dodge and Avoid have changed substantially in this patch. Dodge Rating will now only be found on equipment and in specs, and will provide less dodge than in the past. In addition to this many of the powers that previously granted dodge rating now grant flat Dodge Chance. You can read more about these changes in this dev blog by Gentleman Crush.

I see how you took your time to make sure this is implemented right as usual. Good to know that there is no point in gearing for dodge.

This is perfect proof of how the devs listen to us. They only listen when it comes to trivial stuff and people are mislead into believing there is "communication". Not ONCE has the feedback for a game changing patch been taken into consideration since this game went LIVE. You know, if you DEVS listened to our feedback more CO would not be in the state is it now.

Pushing unfinished and unpolished content to LIVE has got to stop. You whether do it right now or don't bother. I'm tired of all this back and forth. Pick something and stick with it and if you need to TWEAK IT then do it in the next weeks and not AFTER A YEAR!!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Notanothernerf.jpg~original
  • Options
    kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This calls for a

DANCE PARTY

m4AmZY5.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    kemmicals wrote: »
    This calls for a

DANCE PARTY

2nkigc9.gif~original
  • Options
    kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    2nkigc9.gif~original

tumblr_mrsjm8QrqC1ricot4o1_500.gif
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    nightr0d wrote: »
    This is perfect proof of how the devs listen to us. <snip's the rest of the snark>

Going to have to stop you right there, because it was Cryptic listening to play feedback that brought this game to the state it's in. Not the lack of them listening. But hey, keep trumpeting that tag line if it makes you feel any better.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Why were you stacking massive amounts of gear to change one specific stat in the first place? Seems kind of a waste to me...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Good thing is now that all the Overpowerness have been taken out of players that could ROFLStomp content, Cryptic can finally start making playable content and not needing to worry about people calling it Too Easy.
    moustache.gifI'm wearing my sarcastic staches
  • Options
    nightr0dnightr0d Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Going to have to stop you right there, because it was Cryptic listening to play feedback that brought this game to the state it's in. Not the lack of them listening. But hey, keep trumpeting that tag line if it makes you feel any better.

Oh like you have any idea of how bad their software development is done? I'm sure you know a lot about proper software development practices as well as requirements elicitation, analysis and design. I'm going to stop you right there since you have no idea what you are talking about.

You might not be able to tell all the mistakes they made due to ignorance but that does not mean I can't.
  • Options
    thelostone0thelostone0 Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Most of us were never able to hit ridiculous dodge values anyhow. The folks with Legion gear (and most overpowered) will be least hurt by all of this, while support characters 9for example) who used dodge as a vital chunk of their ability to survive in Gravtiar and other random nuke events will be crippled.
  • Options
    tau41tau41 Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I sincerely doubt anyone will be crippled.

Some powers that rely on dodge are going to be kinda' dumb come tomorrow (lookin' at you, BCR). Real heavy DPS builds, which are PRESENTLY being run like Supertanks are going to be most hurt by this... which I'm really ok with, even though I have builds like those that absolutely qualify.

You can always count on devs to do things you don't agree with. What makes you good or teh badz is how you deal with it.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    tau41 wrote: »
    I sincerely doubt anyone will be crippled.

Say that to the Radients with dodge gear. They gonna be even more useless in alerts now :D
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Say that to the Radients with dodge gear. They gonna be even more useless in alerts now :D

Naw, they'll be fine. My level 10 toons need somebody to dogpile heals on me. :biggrin:
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    pjz99pjz99 Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hey I thought this was a great change from the first time I experimented with it on PTS, and said so. They listened to my feedback just fine! :biggrin:
  • Options
    shadowzero66shadowzero66 Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    pjz99 wrote: »
    Hey I thought this was a great change from the first time I experimented with it on PTS, and said so. They listened to my feedback just fine! :biggrin:

This. Exactly. :tongue:
    (See what I did there, anti-dodge change people?)

I was wondering about the state of the dodge changes. The devs spent so much time tweaking it and made a preview announcement for it a while back. And now that it'll hit Live, we can finally move on instead of it fueling forum rage and thread derailments. Can we all get back to whining about the lack of Foundry for CO?

On the another note, I am pleasantly surprised with how fast the character change is getting rolled out.
    Grind for the Grind God! Tokens for the Token Throne!
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Dodge won't be completely worthless. Just don't expect it to be the crutch it's been since On Alert.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• Options
    thelostone0thelostone0 Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    nepht wrote: »

Alerts, for the most part, will be reasonably fine. Rampages? Less so. Warlord alert et al? Not so hot. I suppose Cosmics are irrelevant, what with someone keeping those on lockdown permanently with sniper rifle and device exploits.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Oh please, dodge is perfectly fine. It is atleast balanced with defense and health now. You just have to look at PvP to see the OP gear. Everyone at the moment uses dodge, maybe this will change.

Dodge is still viable, ofcourse it is.

You only have to watch foxi and penny's epic clash to see how amazing this fixes are: http://youtu.be/HQCXG0JdF0I

One, PvE content isn't hard enough to whine about any dodge changes. Two, in PvP this should atleast make melee more viable.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    do you know how many times I faceplanted on my toon prodigy before lvl 30? almost 30 times. kenpo you listening? how the hell are you managing to solo rhinoplasty with Cynapse, I go into DESTROYERS FACTORY, a lvl 28 lair and get slaughtered almost as I walk in.

Clearly you aren't stacking defences enough, also remember than NPC's work in the same way as players. This means that running behind props stops ranged attacks from hitting you, I use to this beat many ranged people in duels and it helps when doing PvE too.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    do you know how many times I faceplanted on my toon prodigy before lvl 30? almost 30 times. kenpo you listening? how the hell are you managing to solo rhinoplasty with Cynapse, I go into DESTROYERS FACTORY, a lvl 28 lair and get slaughtered almost as I walk in.

It's called 'With Skill'.
    moustache.gif
  • Options
    lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well at least they gave me a change token before bending me over.
    How thoughtful of Cryptic.

Well that's the end of my Main. Time to move on.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I take dibs on the stuff from all that are leaving!
    moustache.gif
  • Options
    xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Remember how the game was destroyed because they turned IDF into a form? When Enrage wasnt a toggle anymore? When might took a 20% damage nerf bat? When they introduced lock boxes and cosmic keys? When they introduced night warrior passive along with shadow strike which was considered OP and the defensive passive using players cried foul? When they made it so you can only have one legacy device of each type equipped at a time?

....mean either.
  • Options
    bellatorrexbellatorrex Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Okay, I generally just read this stuff and think to myself "...I better start stocking up some cheese because Whine is on sale." But, you know, I'm just going to say my pointless opinion and share how I view the change.

1. Dodge has been needing to be balanced, good or bad, this was needed.
    2. From what I can tell, many people piggyback on Dodge. This nerf isn't going to stop dodge from being viable, you all are creative, you'll think of something new to abuse and god mode again, ya always do.
    3. Some of this makes me feel you are afraid to adapt and change, maybe even evolve pass what has become the norm.
    and
    4. This just means some of you might ether want to A) Look into some new defensive passives, or B) Be even bigger damage hitters and kill everything before it kills you. I know you guys can do it, just got to believe!
    edited November 2013
    So after all the hoopla, I just now went to the Test Server with my archer who is my most dodge reliant toon. So I hopped in and soloed Grace (Blood Moon is still up over there).

Now Grace isn't so tough, and this is a small test at best, but I didn't feel gimped or hamstrung at all. I had to keep an eye on her health a little more than usual but that was it.

Perhaps against tougher challenges I'll be crying and face-planting a lot, but from this small sampling, I was contented that this isn't the end of all things.

On a lighter note, I love the character change option, the ability to bank Drifter salvage, The Armadillo pieces and the sort option for our bags.
    It's a nice update, and once the furor dies down, I think we'll all be just fine. ;)

You're a lunatic with a mad man's dream of a milk proof robot!

I think right now, the only thing Champions needs is to get some bug/clipping/UI issues fixed, fix up/touch up/re-do the animations/abilities of powers, and find a way to make some more content that isn't alerts, and finally find a way to get some real advertising out there, I think Champs will start to do alright.
    edited November 2013
    Apparently, no one saw the second-to-last thing noted. It went as follows:
    UI:

I only have one thing to say to this. And that is OMAGERD HOLY FERKIN' GAWD THANK YOU SWEET LORD N' BABY JESUS PRAISE ALLAH GLORY BE TO VISHNU YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSS!!

Seriously, you have NO IDEA how long I've waited for this. To finally be able to log out of a character, and not out of the entire account, having to re-enter my account info... I'm almost in shock. Like, happy-shock, like a shock that gives you life, that makes life feel good!

I shall call this emotion... a Bio-Shock!
    Hang on... you know what, on second thought, I'm pretty sure that's trademarked.

But really, you have no idea how happy I am. Hell, it's almost worth the dodge/crit changing.

Really.
    It makes sense, if you don't think about it.