What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20130824.16 PTS Update

Comments

• Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,091 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2013
    I am thinking your time could be spent doing something else.

Some feedback on pts stuff:
    Droprate seems extremely high at the moment with th new lockboxes to the point where the items granted will lose their value quickly.

Would it be possible to get Depleted Uranium Core and the Dragon Eye cores added to the debugger?

Dinosaur costume is great, shall be using it on many things.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Some of those posts in this thread needs a serious purge.

Can we look into the possibility of a head/hood piece slider separate from the head?
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,077 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Become Devices:

[Become Vampire]
    [Become Werewolf]
    [Become Frank]*
    [Become Celestial]
    [Become Doomlord]
    [Become Ghost]
    [Become Mummy]*

All of these devices have the following buffs to these mechanics

24.5% CRITICAL CHANCE

76.9% CRITICAL SEVERITY

15% DODGE

42.5% AVOIDANCE

[Become Samurai Robot] has access to Way Of The Warrior Passive and benefits from the dodge/avoidance it grants. As a result it has the following changes:

31% CRITICAL CHANCE

76.9% CRITICAL SEVERITY

40% DODGE

42.5% AVOIDANCE

[Become Security Process]* has the following dodge/avoid and crit chance/severity values:

26.8% CRITICAL CHANCE

76.9% CRITICAL SEVERITY

15% DODGE

42.5% AVOIDANCE

*Regarding Mummy, the % damage increases from it's passive I think are even less than rank 1 Pestilence at level 40, do you think this could be buffed to be in line with actual Pestilence perhaps albeit slightly weaker.

*Regarding Frank, Unstoppable Passive for Become Frank is not currently granting any KB resistance or minor damage absorb, both values are set to zero.

*Regarding Become Security Process, Invulnerability Passive is seemingly lacking in terms of damage absorb and resistance, I'm not sure if this is intended or not. 2.3 absorb and 40% resist is not that much.

EDIT: This list as of right now is all that I can test Become Device wise, I haven't got access to Become Imperator, Chaos Demon, Black Talon, Snowman, Gingerbread, Cybernetic Ninja, Lemurian Power Armor or anything else not listed here, sorry.

However, it -seems- that unless the device has LR/WoTW or invests in DEX stat wise the first set of values will likely apply to them with minor differences if they do invest in DEX.

I tested some of the missing BECOMES from your list: Chaos Demon-Red, Black Talon, and Lemurian PA.

Crit sev, dodge, avoid all match your numbers. Crit chances vary between 21.7% (ghost) to 27.8% (vampire). The rest fall in between.

BUG
    Confirmed that the Frank is not getting any defensive portion from his passive, Unstoppable. All zeroes.

The same goes for Lemurian Power Armor. It states you should be getting 156 flat dmg reduction, but you get 0. It states you get 70% resistance and this seems about right.

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    falchoinfalchoin Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Dodge/avoid Justice gear stats:
    6460 hp
    86.3 defense (20% resist)
    27.7% dodge
    43.8% avoidance
    => dodge/avoid provides 12.13% real mitigation on average

Blue beam damage from laser testing room in MC:

Base: 1500
    Resist Only: 1247
    Resist + Dodge: 700

Assuming one laser attack per second from the blue laser and no healing that comes out to 6 seconds before death (6460hp / 1095 dmg/sec = ~5.899 seconds to live, 1095 from 87.87% of 1247).

Defense/Hp Justice gear stats:
    7012 hp
    136.5 defense (32% resist)
    10% dodge
    20% avoidance
    => dodge/avoid provides 2% real mitigation on average

Resist Only: 1136
    Resist + Dodge: 909

Assuming one laser attack per second from the blue laser and no healing that comes out to 7 seconds before death (7012hp / 1113 dmg/sec = ~6.299 seconds to live, 1113 from 98% of 1136).

So here's my problem with the above numbers. Dodge is, if you can excuse the pun, dodgy at best. Especially now with lower dodge number than on live it's much more unreliable. The current dodge/avoid gear on PTS provides less benefit than the defense/hp gear despite dodge being less reliable.

In my opinion dodge/avoid ratings should be further tweaked such that the time to die is higher for dodge/avoid because of its unreliability.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The blue beam would kill anyone who didn't block rather quickly.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Some feedback on pts stuff:
    Droprate seems extremely high at the moment with th new lockboxes to the point where the items granted will lose their value quickly.

^ Oddly enough, I agree with this. This seems to be the case with the Dinosaur Costume Set, it drops a lot, do you think perhaps a reduction in drop rate for the costume is in order?

Mercenary Gear drops way too often.
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    falchoin wrote: »
    Snip

That is simplifying things quite a bit, for a build with lightning reflexes and evasive manoeuvres or thundering kicks, that dodge gear would still be much better. But I agree for most builds defense would be a better option now, even more so when taking certain specs.

The switch to flat dodge chance was not a smart thing to do, just having all the powers in the game give dodge rating (with the exception of lightning reflexes and masterful dodge) would have given a much better control over how much dodge chance is reasonable, now or with any future additions.

I wonder why cryptic likes to make things so difficult for itself.
  • Options
    falchoinfalchoin Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    aiqa wrote: »
    That is simplifying things quite a bit, for a build with lightning reflexes and evasive manoeuvres or thundering kicks, that dodge gear would still be much better. But I agree for most builds defense would be a better option now, even more so when taking certain specs.

The switch to flat dodge chance was not a smart thing to do, just having all the powers in the game give dodge rating (with the exception of lightning reflexes and masterful dodge) would have given a much better control over how much dodge chance is reasonable, now or with any future additions.

I wonder why cryptic likes to make things so difficult for itself.

Dodge/avoid Justice gear + LR R3 and EM R3 stats:
    6940 hp
    99.3% dodge
    82.7% avoidance
    => dodge/avoid provides 82.12% real mitigation on average

Resist Only: 1247
    Resist + Dodge: 216

Assuming one laser attack per second from the blue laser and no healing that comes out to 32 seconds before death (6940hp / 223 dmg/sec = ~31.121 seconds to live, 223 from 17.88% of 1247).

Defense/Hp Justice gear + LR R3 and EM R3 stats:
    7493 hp
    136.5 defense (32% resist)
    81.6% dodge
    80.9% avoidance
    => dodge/avoid provides 66.01% real mitigation on average

Resist Only: 1136
    Resist + Dodge: 217

Assuming one laser attack per second from the blue laser and no healing that comes out to 20 seconds before death (7493hp / 386 dmg/sec = ~19.405 seconds to live, 386 from 34% of 1136).

Well, there you have it. Dodge gear for toons with %based dodge (well at least LR) and defense/hp for everyone else. Thanks for pointing that out aiqa.

EDIT: Same base stats and specs as previous, tested R3 Quarry + R3 Evasive, dodge avoid gear comes out as the better choice. When using R3 Quarry alone it's better to use def/hp gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Can we look into the possibility of a head/hood piece slider separate from the head?

I have no idea if this is even remotely possible, but I would love it.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • Options
    nightr0dnightr0d Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited October 2013

On the same note, Full/Partial Helmets (and all the other categories) with collars. Don't really see how some Full Helmets would interfere with them.
  • Options
    carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013

Are your drop rates similar to flamingbunnyman's numbers? I'm just curious what percentages everyone is using to formulate their opinions.

One of the things that's turned me off about lockboxes is their junk-or-jackpot nature. If I pay money for a key, my chances of getting something I actually want is still a low-single-digit percentage (or less). So I like that there's a new and desirable item (dino costume) with a reasonably high drop rate.

Something that does worry me, though, is that this box's ultra-rare jackpot item (Become Celestial) already exists in the game. Adamant collectors likely already have it, so they might not buy as many keys this time around.

One thing I really like about the new system is the "Armor Packs" for lockbox gear. No matter which character opens a box, a player can save the Legion's Armor Pack for a level 40, and transfer the Mercenary's Armor Pack to gear up a lower-level character. Mercenary Gear is still a lump of coal among diamonds, but I like that it now has a purpose.
  • Options
    acgimblet72acgimblet72 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    falchoin wrote: »
    Dodge/avoid Justice gear + LR R3 and EM R3 stats:
    6940 hp
    99.3% dodge
    82.7% avoidance
    => dodge/avoid provides 82.12% real mitigation on average

But doesnt the dodge and avoidance buff from EM decay rather quickly? Id be tempted to respec my other defensive passives into dodge if I felt I could count on that 82.7% avoidance and 99.3% dodge, but if the buff from EM decays, Id be concerned about consistency.
  • Options
    carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    But doesnt the dodge and avoidance buff from EM decay rather quickly?

EM's buff stays static throughout its 12-second duration. You might be thinking of Fluidity's "Flowing Like The River" advantage, which gradually decays over the course of 10 seconds.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    The default cooldown on EM on live is 15 seconds, when focussing on cooldown reduction you can get that below 6 seconds. On PTS the default cooldown is 18 seconds (I think?) so getting cooldown down to 12 seconds will still not be a problem at all for most builds.
  • Options
    gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ^ Oddly enough, I agree with this. This seems to be the case with the Dinosaur Costume Set, it drops a lot, do you think perhaps a reduction in drop rate for the costume is in order?

What do you want us to get less for our money?

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited October 2013

By removing the halloween becomes except for Celestial and the mercenary gear we'll get from this new box:

Dinosaur Costume Set
    Become Celestial
    Drifter Box (10 Salvage)
    Rank Up Kits
    Legion Gear

Plus a random collection of mods and 2-10 Drifter Salvage with each.

Getting the Halloween becomes and mercenary gear is awful in comparison to those other items.
  • Options
    acgimblet72acgimblet72 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hmm... so 90% mitigation is that easy to come by, via dodge.

Wow. Makes Invuln and Defiance and FF and Regen look like sad, funny jokes, doesnt it?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Hmm... so 90% mitigation is that easy to come by, via dodge.

Wow. Makes Invuln and Defiance and FF and Regen look like sad, funny jokes, doesnt it?

Well, with the right powers and specs you can pretty easily get more then 100% resistance on top of that dodge, so that gives you 95% mitigation.

And then add IDF on top of that.
  • Options
    edited October 2013

I'd prefer not to be spammed with costume unlocks, if they decide this is the drop rate they desire then so be it, I am all for getting "more bang for your buck" but, if the "bang" is three old devices recycled...how much is that in comparison to what we spent.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I'd prefer not to be spammed with costume unlocks, if they decide this is the drop rate they desire then so be it, I am all for getting "more bang for your buck" but, if the "bang" is three old devices recycled...how much is that in comparison to what we spent.

Well I guess that depends on what you mean by bang.

The value seems to the the AH value, unless we mean the value of having better gear because you can by all the boxes you need.

Me I want a better chance at the good stuff for the few boxes I'll get.

If this hurts the AH sales of the people who can afford to by tons of them then cry me a river and I'll sail down it.

Increased rarity only seem to hurt the broke folks, the people with money to blow can eventually get all they want and gouge the rest of us in the AH

So this is the model I want

In game as @forgemccain
  • Options
    edited October 2013

The value seems to the the AH value, unless we mean the value of having better gear because you can by all the boxes you need.

If this hurts the AH sales of the people who can afford to by tons of them then cry me a river and I'll sail down it.

Increased rarity only seem to hurt the broke folks, the people with money to blow can eventually get all they want and gouge the rest of us in the AH

No objection to ^

I'm tired of having to pay 1kG for 1 costume piece.

You know what, how about no more costumes in lockboxes and put them all up in the Z-Store. What's the point of making a costume if 90% of the people can't afford it. (ok I can afford it but still....)
  • Options
    cptcooltasticcptcooltastic Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    By removing the halloween becomes except for Celestial and the mercenary gear we'll get from this new box:

Dinosaur Costume Set
    Become Celestial
    Drifter Box (10 Salvage)
    Rank Up Kits
    Legion Gear

Plus a random collection of mods and 2-10 Drifter Salvage with each.

Getting the Halloween becomes and mercenary gear is awful in comparison to those other items.

I say remove the Celestial Become also and add some NEW stuff to make people actually want to spend some money on Keys. While the Dino Costume is neat, I don't think it's going to be enough to carry this lockbox.

Here's some suggestions that fit the Halloween Mood...

Become: Gargoyle(To tie in with that new "I Frankenstein" movie)
    Costume Set: Dino
    Costume Set: Skeleton(A full Skeleton body set to finish off the hands/Skulls we have now)
    Stance: Zombie Stance(with custom Zombie Walk/Run animations)
    Emote: Thriller Dance!!!
    Travel Power: Vampire Bat Flight(You transform into a SINGLE BAT and take flight. Fits the Dracula theme better. Non combat TP.)
    Device Buff: Monsters of the Night! (You get a slight regen/damage buff if your in an instance when the moons out.)
    Special Edition AF: Friendly Ghost(Looks like Casper and hovers near head height.)

Come on Cryptic, recycling stuff just looks so cheap. Use your imaginations and wow us with some fun little things to celebrate the Holiday with.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I say remove the Celestial Become also and add some NEW stuff to make people actually want to spend some money on Keys. While the Dino Costume is neat, I don't think it's going to be enough to carry this lockbox.

Here's some suggestions that fit the Halloween Mood...

Become: Gargoyle(To tie in with that new "I Frankenstein" movie)
    Costume Set: Dino
    Costume Set: Skeleton(A full Skeleton body set to finish off the hands/Skulls we have now)
    Stance: Zombie Stance(with custom Zombie Walk/Run animations)
    Emote: Thriller Dance!!!
    Travel Power: Vampire Bat Flight(You transform into a SINGLE BAT and take flight. Fits the Dracula theme better. Non combat TP.)
    Device Buff: Monsters of the Night! (You get a slight regen/damage buff if your in an instance when the moons out.)
    Special Edition AF: Friendly Ghost(Looks like Casper and hovers near head height.)

Come on Cryptic, recycling stuff just looks so cheap. Use your imaginations and wow us with some fun little things to celebrate the Holiday with.

How about a Gargoyle costume set.

I'd also like them to add the vampire and werewolf heads (the ones with the open mouth where you can see the teeth) + the werewolf fur bestial legs that we never got.

It's wishful thinking though, I doubt they planned anything for this year's Halloween that's why the dino costume was made (fast and cheap to do).

So many things they could have done and none will happen. But hey, on the bright side we get a new lockbox to spend money on isn't that exciting!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    nightr0d wrote: »
    But hey, on the bright side we get a new lockbox to spend money on isn't that exciting!

Except we won't be spending any money on it.:frown:

I may open up 10 at most to see if I happen to get the costume, but it's not a set I am to worried about missing out on to be honest. Not a lot going on with it. Something Cryptic should also take into consideration when adding Costumes to Lockboxes, they gotta be WORTH the gamble.
  • Options
    edited October 2013

I may open up 10 at most to see if I happen to get the costume, but it's not a set I am to worried about missing out on to be honest. Not a lot going on with it. Something Cryptic should also take into consideration when adding Costumes to Lockboxes, they gotta be WORTH the gamble.

Careful there, people in this thread think the dino suit is the greatest thing since sliced bread and is totally wort IT. Just look at all the time and effort it must have taken Cryptic to make it. I'm sure it was hard for them. :cool:
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Careful there, people in this thread think the dino suit is the greatest thing since sliced bread and is totally wort IT. Just look at all the time and effort it must have taken Cryptic to make it. I'm sure it was hard for them. :cool:

It's nice for what it is, that being a goofy joke costume for the holiday. I get that. But to me a costume sets WORTH is in its ability to interchange pieces with others sets. I just don't see this set doing that to well from what I can see, which makes it limited in use.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm all for goofy costumes. I am still on the campaign for that TEDDY BEAR set for Christmas.:biggrin:
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,091 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2013

If a key is more valuable then the "good" items contained inside the box, I would think there is a problem.
  • Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited October 2013

There's actually a pretty decent chance that you'll get it BEFORE you open 10 boxes, for what it's worth. Assuming that the drop rate on live stays the same as it is on test, that is.
    edited October 2013
    Whether you like it or not the costume was part of the PTS update and thus it's up for debate. I don't like it and I have the right to complain as much as I want. You like it, good for you, I'm not telling you to shut up because you like it. I explained why I don't like it and I did not just say "cuz of reasons". How about people in this thread for once realize that their opinions are no the only ones and that if others disagree they are entitled to do so.

You're right. This is part of the patch and therefore up for debate. My comments were more of a blanket statement which covers this thread as well as the past few we've had with people going off into extreme left field to where this turns into a glorified suggestion thread whose ideas, valid or not, get in the way of the actual discussion. I intentionally didn't name names in my post for a reason.

Now since my post and yours which I am replying to now I've seen little change in this thread which is kind of saddening. More arguments, insults, and things which offer nothing to the actual progression of the discussion. Again, I am not naming names but let's all take a step back and reread something before we push the reply button please.

As for the lockbox rates. As Vets it's pretty easy for alot of us to dismiss the things from the past. I, personally, detest almost every single Become Device ever made(including Vehicles and BITE PvP) because of their lack of the ability to move the attacks and my suspiscions that alot of the layouts were done by someone who doesn't play this game alot. Thus, they annoy me. IMO, they're cute for RP, Goofing Off, Travel Powers, and those with "less than stellar ATs." This doesn't include ones with a handy AE Rez which makes them a useful lil utility.

Now, having said that I detest these things until such time as Cryptic can "Develop the technology to unsuck them." I do realize that it's just my opinion and if I were a newbie I likely wouldn't have these things so this would be my shot to get them if I so chose to do so. This would also be my shot to get one as Vets who either didn't care or already had them could start dumping them in the AH and the price would eventually come down to where I could afford them. So, in the grander scheme of things I do not see a reason to remove them from the boxes.

As for the Dino thing. I don't know about you all but I just about literally broke the bank on my account to afford the Socrates and Sharkfin Sets. I realize that the Dino Set at least is one simple unlock(which I like) but if it becomes rarer and rarer then my chances of obtaining one becomes slimmer and slimmer. I know this is a completely selfish angle but it's my angle on the subject.

I am one of the single unluckiest MMO RNG people you are likely to ever encounter(ask around). I do not win things. I stubborn content until it submits and gives me what I want. I am not afraid to farm content for unlocks or things I want but the current "limited time only" angle that's been happening this year ontop of subpar droprates means my list of "things I missed" is getting longer and longer. Add to this some things being BoP because.....uhm.......I can't think of a good reason really and I can't even help friends when I get spares of some things nor can they return the favor. Most of my friends and myself don't go rushing off to the AH all the time with spares. We hook each other up quite frequently because it makes us all happier to complete these "shopping lists" as they come around. Your results may vary, of course.

As an example let's look at Cybermind. I've run this thing well over 100 times. So far a friend gave me the chest. I have not gotten a single unlock drop the entire time. I might snag an unlock or two before it ends this cycle. I will likely not get the AFs since they appear to be rarer. This event will cycle out of the rotation soon and I will be left annoyed and waiting for the next time it shows up. My only real consolation is that maybe the next time it pops up my instances won't be full of 6s who die and laugh at myself and my friends for getting them the unlocks(this has actually happened a few times). At this point I'm almost in favor of a system that says if you don't contribute or log out of the mission then the remaining successful people get your drop added to a random allocation table at the end.

Ok, I rambled on enough. Main points:

-Nightrod: All of my previous post was not directed specifically at you. Sorry if you took it that way.
    -Everyone: Be nice to one another.
    -If costume bits must be in lockboxes then please don't make them too rare.
    -Newbies seem to like become devices. Please don't ruin their chances to get them.

Until next time. ;)
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I haven't been able to get a Grab to queue on the ptr, does anyone know how much slightly less xp then smashes alerts is?
  • Options
    mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Bug: Targeting computer: At rank1 it gives 10% crit sev, at rank2 it gives 15% and at rank3 it gives 12.5%, where rank2 and rank3 mixed up?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    If a key is more valuable then the "good" items contained inside the box, I would think there is a problem.

Maybe the Keys are over valued?

or

Under valued?

In fact the value of the Key, or rather the price people will pay for one is always relative to the expected value of the items they unlock. This is of course because the Keys in and of themselves, are worthless.

I'm pretty sure the price people are willing to pay for a key is based on how likely they are to get their money's worth; i.e. something good.

Again, the value of the keys or the price they bring in the AH is only of concern to the people who can afford to by a bunch to sell. Just like the boxes that favors the few.

In game as @forgemccain
  • Options
    toooldforthistoooldforthis Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Very long post, so here's the tl;dr version on some feedback on the Takofanes II boxes.

- Nobody will be opening the new boxes because changes to the mod drop table list means you're guaranteed to lose money.
    - Expect V-VII mod prices to triple, perhaps quadruple, if this change goes live.

Ok, after opening a bunch of the Takofanes II boxes on PTS, I have some significant concerns. I'll start with some praise though: thank you for providing keys for cheap on PTS, and the new tradeable drifter salvage box is a nice add.

On the whole, though, this has the potential to be a disastrous change. I'm surprised there isn't a riot going off, so I'll explain why the math has me very concerned.

If these boxes stick around for any length of time, I expect some significant negative disruptions to the CO economy due to a drastic supply disruption in the mod supply. I also would expect players to buy a whole lot less keys as the return on the boxes will go down dramatically, so Cryptic may want to pay serious attention to this as well.

So far, people have focused on the significantly lesser value of the rare pieces in the box. That's part of the equation, but the bigger concern I have is the significant modification to mod drops as well as the loss of craft and XP boost door prizes.

For those who haven't read this thread by flamingbunnyman - http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=241181 - it's a detailed breakdown of what the distribution curve looks like for the new box on PTS versus the Socrates box. I have my own numbers on the Anniversary boxes that I've not published (flaminbunnyman, you're welcome to them) but in eyeballing they're fairly similar to the Socrates.

Here are the changes, and why they're important.

First, instead of getting the low end reward of the III-IV mods separately, you get them in a pack that you can open up later. The separate pack is useful for inventory purposes, but you lose the XP/Group XP/craft booby prize, which isn't a lot of money typically (5-10 Gs) so you'll still lose a good deal of money on the key. However, the booby prize does serve a useful purpose in supplying the economy with something that's in demand, as no one is going to pay the ridiculous prices for the ones available in the Z store.

Moreover, you get 25 IIIs but only 15 IVs. And in comparison, to the Socrates and Anniversary packs, you go down to a 50% overall chance in finding III-IV-V mods from around 85%.

Even more concerning is the higher end.

The V mods take a huge fall. They're now included as a chance in the III-IV-V pack, where Vanguard's figures look like they're about a 14% chance to be found in the pack (on a slightly under 50% chance of the pack being found in the chest). This gives you about a 7% chance of finding rank V mods, versus around 28% in Socrates and Anniversary lockboxes. Moreover, instead of 25 rank V mods, you end up with 5. In essence, you're taking the supply of V mods by boxes into the market down almost 95%.

That's a massive supply disruption, but what's been done with the VI and VII mods along with the top end prizes makes even less sense.

The VI and VII mods are now only available in a rare pack and not available with become devices or gear. This change alone is devastating, as even if you got garbage mercenary gear, you'd have a shot of coming out ahead on the deal if you got lucky with the mods. Now, if you're 'lucky' enough to get a rare drop, you'll lose money almost every time. About the only two items that are worth anything are the become celestial - which doesn't come with mods of any sort - and the legion gear box, which now provides only one item. Essentially, your return from opening boxes goes from a chance to win the lottery to one where you are guaranteed to lose money.

However, the other issue is that this pack is a rare drop - about 6% - and in that 6% of the time you get about a roughly 75% chance to have 5 VIs or a 25% chance to have 2 VIIs, rather than 5 VIIs. This compares to around an 18% chance under the current box to get 5 VIs and a 3% overall chance to get 5 VIIs.

As VI and VII mods can only be found through boxes or fused, this drops the supply of VIs coming into the market by 75%. And not only are you getting half the previous chance of finding a VII mod at 1.5%, but you only get two of them instead of five, so that supply will drop 80%.

I do hope Cryptic starts really thinking about what they're doing, because this change is going to benefit no one unless you've got a stockpile of mods, and if this box gets pushed live in the current format, no one is going to be buying keys for them either.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    For those who haven't read this thread by Vanguard - http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=241181 - it's a detailed breakdown of what the distribution curve looks like for the new box on PTS versus the Socrates box.

Um... "Vanguard" is my forum title, like "Perfect World User" under your name.

I personally think that you're putting too much weight on the value of the mods. I'm 100% behind the reduction of the drop rate of the mods; we get WAY too many of them, and with the old boxes, you had a ~90% chance of getting nothing but mods.

The removal of the XP/Resource/Crafting boosts does kinda suck, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it either. I hated getting those R3 and R4 boxes, and the boost didn't make up for it.

The most important thing to me with this change is that there's now a 35% to get Mercenary gear or better, compared to a 10% or worse chance for the same results in the previous boxes.

Now, I have to admit: I am less likely to open this box than other, older boxes. But it has nothing to do with the adjustments to the drop rates. Instead, it's because I just am not that interested in the top end rewards in this box. I'll open enough to get a costume set for myself, and an extra for my girlfriend, and then go back to trying to get a Martinez until the next box shows up.

But I, for one, eagerly await this new lockbox - and more importantly, its drop table - to go live.
    edited October 2013
    Um... "Vanguard" is my forum title, like "Perfect World User" under your name.

Sorry, new to these forums. I'll correct that.
    I personally think that you're putting too much weight on the value of the mods. I'm 100% behind the reduction of the drop rate of the mods; we get WAY too many of them, and with the old boxes, you had a ~90% chance of getting nothing but mods.

The removal of the XP/Resource/Crafting boosts does kinda suck, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it either. I hated getting those R3 and R4 boxes, and the boost didn't make up for it.

I'd agree that the R3 and R4 boxes did nothing. You'd lose money every time on them. And I also like the fact you have the new mods in their own box, because open about 20 boxes or so and you'd have a full inventory.

However, I'd strongly disagree with you on the effect of taking that many mods - especially the VIs and VIIs - out of the market.

The closest comparison is if you look at the vehicle mod market, where it's impossible to find anything over a V that someone hasn't fused up. Finding a VI of a popular one - biosteel, enemy hull scanner - can often be impossible, and you're paying 150-250 Gs routinely even when they're around.

Finding a VII is far more difficult. I've seen only one person selling them on trade, and the prices tend to run into the thousands of Gs.

Compare that to the most expensive VI mod on the market, the Con. They go for half to a fifth the price of the vehicle mod VIs, depending on the market, and those are in very high demand versus vehicle mods, which are a niche luxury item.

So what happens if you reduce supply by 80% and demand holds up because people actually need con, or int, or pre, or dex mods? Prices are going to go way, way, way up. And VIIs? It wouldn't surprise me to see those go up well over 1K - if this table lasts for a while, and if people run out of Socrates and Anniversary boxes.

And as you've said, the high end drop table from these isn't particularly appealing. Combine that with the mod drop nerf, and I can't see many people opening any boxes with loot tables like this - so it makes little sense for players or for Cryptic to sell keys to players to keep the drop table on this box as is.

Again, if this is only out for a week, who cares. But if Cryptic allows this box to go out in current format for a while, look out.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Tooldforthis, can you please change your font size?

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    toooldforthistoooldforthis Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Tooldforthis, can you please change your font size?

Too large or too small?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Personally, I'll be opening a number of boxes, once I get my Celestial Become Device, I will be giving away or selling (more likely to give away) anything else I find. :wink:
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I use Becomes with a flying power for toons that lack flight.
    For silver ATs, it is a way to access another role and powerset.

@toooldforthis
    Smaller font, please. Thanks.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    just curious what use do you have for becomes? I never use them myself.

For lolz mainly.

I just want Celestial Become because it looks nice, that and it probably has more attack power than my healer who I want it on.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Become Devices:

[Become Vampire]
    [Become Werewolf]
    [Become Frank]*
    [Become Celestial]
    [Become Doomlord]
    [Become Ghost]
    [Become Mummy]*

All of these devices have the following buffs to these mechanics

24.5% CRITICAL CHANCE

76.9% CRITICAL SEVERITY

15% DODGE

42.5% AVOIDANCE

[Become Samurai Robot] has access to Way Of The Warrior Passive and benefits from the dodge/avoidance it grants. As a result it has the following changes:

31% CRITICAL CHANCE

76.9% CRITICAL SEVERITY

40% DODGE

42.5% AVOIDANCE

[Become Security Process]* has the following dodge/avoid and crit chance/severity values:

26.8% CRITICAL CHANCE

76.9% CRITICAL SEVERITY

15% DODGE

42.5% AVOIDANCE

*Regarding Mummy, the % damage increases from it's passive I think are even less than rank 1 Pestilence at level 40, do you think this could be buffed to be in line with actual Pestilence perhaps albeit slightly weaker.

*Regarding Become Security Process, Invulnerability Passive is seemingly lacking in terms of damage absorb and resistance, I'm not sure if this is intended or not. 2.3 absorb and 40% resist is not that much.

EDIT: This list as of right now is all that I can test Become Device wise, I haven't got access to Become Imperator, Chaos Demon, Black Talon, Snowman, Gingerbread, Lemurian Power Armor or anything else not listed here, sorry.

However, it -seems- that unless the device has LR/WoTW or invests in DEX stat wise the first set of values will likely apply to them with minor differences if they do invest in DEX.

Continuing on from the aforementioned values...

Thanks to lafury001200, I have been able to acquire the values for the following Become Device:

[Become Cybernetic Ninja] - This become device has access to Lightning Reflexes Passive and has the following values for dodge/avoid and Critical Chance/Severity. (The passive is not called Lightning Reflexes, it is called Ninja Reflexes, very in theme but stupidly OP)

29.5% CRITICAL CHANCE

76.9% CRITICAL SEVERITY

12,765% DODGE

69.8% AVOIDANCE

Screenshot evidence..

OMG_zpsb3de7657.png

Yeah...you might wanna fix that LOL :eek:

EDIT: You can also further buff the dodge value by 22% using it's Evasive Flip.

[Become Snowman] - Has the following values

24.5% CRITICAL CHANCE

76.9% CRITICAL SEVERITY

15% DODGE

42.5% AVOIDANCE

[Become Resistance Command Leader Robot]* - Has the following values

24.5% CRITICAL CHANCE

76.9% CRITICAL SEVERITY

15% DODGE

42.5% AVOIDANCE

*Regarding Command Leader Robot Device - This device lacks a passive. Ideal Replacement would be Invulnerability. The same type [Become Lemurian Power Armor Device] has.

[Become Gladiator Imperator] - Has the following Dodge/Avoid and Crit Chance/Severity Values

24.5% CRITICAL CHANCE

76.9% CRITICAL SEVERITY

15% DODGE

42.5% AVOIDANCE

Bugs:

- Unstoppable Passive for this Device is not working as intended. There is NO Knock Resistance or Damage Absorb Values

- Damage Values are not on par with Become Frank Device's Unstoppable Passive.

- Enrage Form on this Device is incapable of stacking past 2 stacks. (At 2 stacks it instantly resets itself to no stacks)

Thanks to blueionstormz, I have been able to add the following Devices to the list along with their updates.

[Become Chaos Demon] - Has the following values for dodge/avoid and Critical Chance/Severity.

24.5% CRITICAL CHANCE

76.9% CRITICAL SEVERITY

15% DODGE

42.5% AVOIDANCE

[Become Black Talon] - Has the following dodge/avoid and Critical Chance/Severity Values.

23.2% CRITICAL CHANCE

76.9% CRITICAL SEVERITY

15% DODGE

42.5% AVOIDANCE

[Become Toy Soldier] - Has the following dodge/avoid and Critical Chance/Severity Values.

29.5% CRITICAL CHANCE

76.9% CRITICAL SEVERITY

27% DODGE

42.5% AVOIDANCE

[Become Gingerbread Man] - Has the following dodge/avoid and Critical Chance/Severity Values.

24.5% CRITICAL CHANCE

76.9% CRITICAL SEVERITY

15% DODGE

42.5% AVOIDANCE

[Become Lemurian Power Armor]* - Has the following dodge/avoid and Critical Chance/Severity Values.

21.7% CRITICAL CHANCE

76.9% CRITICAL SEVERITY

15% DODGE

42.5% AVOIDANCE

*Regarding [Become Lemurian Power Armor] the Flat Damage Absorb part of it's Invulnerability passive is not working in combat at all. Please rectify this.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I remember Become Vampire actually being a potent device (compared to ATs) when it first came out. With these changes, that may be true again.

• Options
    edited October 2013
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    So, it looks like all the Become Devices got the same crit/severity/dodge/avoid, and the issue with the Cyber Ninja is probably in its Lightning Reflexes.
    edited October 2013
    So, it looks like all the Become Devices got the same crit/severity/dodge/avoid, and the issue with the Cyber Ninja is probably in its Lightning Reflexes.

With minor variance with crit and dodge chances in some devices.

Cyber Ninja's passive [Ninja Reflexes] says:

[Ninja Reflexes] - Increases Dodge by 12,750% and your Avoidance by 50% while also granting an additional 153 Avoidance Rating. Whenever you are hit your chance to dodge increases slightly. Dodging will reset this escalating bonus. Also increases damage resistance against all DoTs by 50%.

^ That is what the tooltip says. :biggrin:
  • Options
    variatasvariatas Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Too large or too small?

Too small, and too Serif. There's a reason that the default fonts on websites are almost invariably Sans Serif: it's far easier to read, and with the number of other factors that make it harder to read, it's better to avoid optional ones like Serifs.