test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20130824.13 PTS Update

1235»

Comments

• crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,618 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm looking forward to Defense being more useful, too. But I just hope the Offense/Defense insanity doesn't replace a random chance of tankiness to a guaranteed tankiness with a side of higher damage.
  • secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm looking forward to Defense being more useful, too. But I just hope the Offense/Defense insanity doesn't replace a random chance of tankiness to a guaranteed tankiness with a side of higher damage.

The only trend I'm really seeing is a switch to hybrid role and def passives or aopm thanks to the dodge/avoid. Except, in the mean time, AT players relying on that extra dodge/avoid for mitigation are SoL.

It's not really a new state of balance if FFs can rebuild while most ATs have no real recourse. I've seen what 300+ def on live does for mitigation, and its far from impressive.

The only real brightside "if i could call it that" to dodge being gutted is that ffs in pvp will be decently vulnerable again... until they start rotating MD and Resurge =P.

To summarize - it basically just looks like it will further reduce effective power choices, but not actually prevent the "mage tank" anyway. In a game that prides itself on customization...
  • joybuzzerxjoybuzzerx Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    secksegai wrote: »
    The only trend I'm really seeing is a switch to hybrid role and def passives or aopm thanks to the dodge/avoid. Except, in the mean time, AT players relying on that extra dodge/avoid for mitigation are SoL.

It's not really a new state of balance if FFs can rebuild while most ATs have no real recourse. I've seen what 300+ def on live does for mitigation, and its far from impressive.

The only real brightside "if i could call it that" to dodge being gutted is that ffs in pvp will be decently vulnerable again... until they start rotating MD and Resurge =P.

To summarize - it basically just looks like it will further reduce effective power choices, but not actually prevent the "mage tank" anyway. In a game that prides itself on customization...

But...I already have MD and Resurgence rotating O.O Whooot! My concept allowed me to stay ahead of the curve!

/o/
    \o\
    /o/
    edited October 2013
    secksegai wrote: »

ATs were really competent thanks to On Alert specifically because of the dodge gear making anything survivable without heals.

I want to test their survivability on the PTS as things are, but that requires time to get to the content that is strong enough to test it and players to team with who are in the like mindset. There's no incentive for anyone to go that far to test right now.
  • nightr0dnightr0d Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So there won't be any new update this week?

I hoped they would tweak things a little more. I don't like it when Cryptic is being silent. It makes me think they intend to push this live the way it is.
    edited October 2013
    Actually a lot of hands were on the NWO server merger which effects all their games, so no one was probably available to work on this for the whole week.