test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20130824.13 PTS Update

lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
edited October 2013 in PTS - The Archive
This build is scheduled to hit PTS at 5pm PST, 10/4/2013

Greetings!

This patch continues our bug-fix drive. It also contains updates to the preview dodge changes that you saw in FC.31.20130824.10 and .12.

Release Notes:

Preview (these will not be part of the next live build):

• Crashing Wave Kick: Ebb and Flow: This advantage now grants 1% Dodge per stack.

• Evasive Maneuvers: The base bonus of this power is now 15/18/22% chance to Dodge (down from 17/20/24%).

• Evasive Maneuvers: The Cooldown of this power is now 18 seconds (up from 15).

• Parry: Elusive Monk: This power now grants 4% flat dodge. This effect scales with Dex.

• Way of the Warrior: Ranks 2 and 3 of this power now have the correct dodge bonus.

• Masterful Dodge: Unfettered Strikes: The damage bonus of this advantage now occurs in a different damage layer. It should be much more potent.

• Dodge: Dodge Rating now scales slightly better.

• Mods now give their correct stat values when slotted into Justice gear.

Misc:

• Fixed an issue that caused a "-1" to remain on your device tray if you removed a device while it was recharging.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.
Post edited by lordgar on

Comments

• theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,123 Arc User
    edited October 2013
  • cptcooltasticcptcooltastic Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Meh...

Still hoping you guys take the suggestions I made for Fluidity, Evasive Maneuvers, and Ego Placate from the last thread into consideration.

And also that Heal for OFF/DEF Builds.

EDIT: For updated information please check out posts...

• joybuzzerxjoybuzzerx Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Question...is the dodge stats of LR/NW/WotW/Quarry going to scale with Super Stats at all? Or they staying a flat rate and thusly the same for everyone?

If not, might want to change the descriptions on the powers.
    edited October 2013
    joybuzzerx wrote: »
    Question...is the dodge stats of LR/NW/WotW/Quarry going to scale with Super Stats at all? Or they staying a flat rate and thusly the same for everyone?

If not, might want to change the descriptions on the powers.

The values are intended to be static, only the avoidance and DoT values scale from what I understand and I think it was intended.

Ego Placate should be left out of this dodge undertaking. It is a Mentalist power which deals with CC effects, not dodge.
    edited October 2013
    lordgar wrote: »

Misc:

• Fixed an issue that caused a "-1" to remain on your device tray if you removed a device while it was recharging.

This is actually quite irritating a mini annoyance if you will so ty :cool:
    edited October 2013
    Ego Placate should be left out of this dodge undertaking. It is a Mentalist power which deals with CC effects, not dodge.

Dodge undertaking? Here I thought this was an overall balance undertaking.:rolleyes:
  • cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Let's make Impact on the super speed powers have a different layer to make them more potent as well.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
    edited October 2013
    Dodge undertaking? Here I thought this was an overall balance undertaking.:rolleyes:

I... sense the presence of another undertaking in the near future!!! *room starts to shake* :tongue:

In all seriousness though I think this was half about balancing and half about Justice Gear introduction.
  • tditstdits Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I... sense the presence of another undertaking in the near future!!! *room starts to shake* :tongue:

In all seriousness though I think this was half about balancing and half about Justice Gear introduction.

Things would get very awkward very quickly if we tried to have the later without the former.

WARNING: Not An Actual Internet Reviewer

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Bug
    On females bird wings still move to far to the side, when setting the slider to max the float in the air. Please change them so they attach to the back better.
    edited October 2013
    tdits wrote: »
    Things would get very awkward very quickly if we tried to have the later without the former.

Why's that? After all there is nothing wrong with being able to run around with Justice Gear and AoPM, I mean everyone has 24k HP these days :wink:

Hehe, yes, it would be pretty damn insane, Justice Gear is like the love child of pumped Legion Gear and AoPM lol
    edited October 2013
    REMOVED

The feedback/suggestions in this post have been added to in a later post.

For updated information please check out posts...

• kylexiii#1660 kylexiii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hehe, yes, it would be pretty damn insane, Justice Gear is like the love child of pumped Legion Gear and AoPM lol

The bugfixes are all nice and dandy and all, but, the number change is primarily so they can introduce Justice gear. This is fairly obvious, it is a transparent agenda.

Many people just have a hard time seeing that, really.
    edited October 2013
    I don't mind the existance of Fluidity, but I think it shouldn't remove your default 200% block resistance.

edited October 2013
    laughinxan wrote: »
    Totally do this. Super speed is such a fun power to use in combat!

I agree. Shouldn't they also change Flipping so that it gives a flat percentage and that the percentage it grants is the same as whatever they end up putting on the tooltip?

edited October 2013
    pyroluna wrote: »
    The bugfixes are all nice and dandy and all, but, the number change is primarily so they can introduce Justice gear. This is fairly obvious, it is a transparent agenda.

I posted multiple times but people have been successfully clouded by the dodge changes to see it, it's a shame that these pieces will likely come in a JUSTICE LOCKBOX or something or maybe they might even use my idea and call the lockboxes:

[Spirit of Justice Lockbox] LOL!

I'd prefer in game implementation like drops through Cosmics, Lairs and Legendaries and make it an upgrade which auto upgrades a piece of Legion Gear to Justice Level :smile:

However...things are looking up these past few months so you never know :o!!!
    edited October 2013

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt on this one. I honestly think they might just be trying to improve/balance the game overall.

When this is all released to live we'll know for sure, obviously.

No point in continuing to say stuff like this though. Spreading Doom and Gloom isn't helpful.
    edited October 2013
    I posted multiple times but people have been successfully clouded by the dodge changes to see it, it's a shame that these pieces will likely come in a JUSTICE LOCKBOX or something or maybe they might even use my idea and call the lockboxes:

[Spirit of Justice Lockbox] LOL!

I'd prefer in game implementation like drops through Cosmics, Lairs and Legendaries and make it an upgrade which auto upgrades a piece of Legion Gear to Justice Level :smile:

Well yeah, I would love to see it implemented in a way that makes it positive. But, for so many it will not be a good thing. Their monetary investments to gain Legion gear would become redundant (and before somebody uses the whole blahblah every MMO uses the powercreep lala tactic, powercreep normally comes with expansions--and that means a buttload of new content to go with), that's not a nice thing to see at all.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    2) Being forced to hold your block down for 2 seconds every 10secs OR LESS to keep the dodge/avoidance buff up in combat is SUCH A CHORE!!! At the very least you should be able to tap your block to apply the buff(just like ALL other blocks with applied buffs. Minus blocks that require you to be hit in order to apply there ADV buffs.) As is, using this power to apply the buff DRASTICALLY reduces your overall DPS.

It's for tanking. Tanks shouldn't be worried about their DPS.

I know we have DPS tanks in the game right now, but that's what a lot of these changes are trying to fix.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited October 2013
    I sincerely hope that Justice Gear ends up on the Q-store. >_> I'm not betting any money on it though.

edited October 2013

I know we have DPS tanks in the game right now, but that's what a lot of these changes are trying to fix.

True. Blocking is always a thing tanks should do, I think in retrospect... this will make tanks and healers more valuable as roles to play in...
  • crosnightcrosnight Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    considering all the changes: i REALLY hope we all get free retcons
    edited October 2013
    tdits wrote: »
    I agree. Shouldn't they also change Flipping so that it gives a flat percentage and that the percentage it grants is the same as whatever they end up putting on the tooltip?

I kept meaning to mention this. Right now, Flippin doesn't look worth taking at all. IT's adding like .2% to Dodge/Avoid. Should maybe give a static +%
    edited October 2013
    crosnight wrote: »
    free retcons

Emphasis on the plural.
    edited October 2013
    Emphasis on the plural.

Retcons for everyone!

edited October 2013

We most likely will, it would be a poor move to do this "potential future change" without retcons.

Also I'd like to add bug wise:

Bug: There And Bat Again

- Mission does not allow for re-entry upon accidental exiting (such as from logging out, disconnecting from server etc) making this mission broken in this sense.

This happens regardless of after completion you disconnect or before completion of the mission inside (since Foxbat was bugged, he is fixed but mission entry should be granted as well)
    edited October 2013
    joybuzzerx wrote: »
    I kept meaning to mention this. Right now, Flippin doesn't look worth taking at all. IT's adding like .2% to Dodge/Avoid. Should maybe give a static +%

With the changes to dodge rating (in this patch) , it should be fairly "okay". A static % might be nice though.
    edited October 2013
    With the changes to dodge rating (in this patch) , it should be fairly "okay". A static % might be nice though.

Well as of now it gives...

+4.2% Dodge
    +21% Avoid

...but with the dodge changes, maybe give it smaller +static changes. +5% Dodge/Avoid maybe?
    edited October 2013

True. Blocking is always a thing tanks should do, I think in retrospect... this will make tanks and healers more valuable as roles to play in...

I'm gonna have to disagree with you guys on this one. A Tanks JOB is to hold aggro. Which in this game is only done effectively if your CONSTANTLY attacking with a combination of Damage+Crippling Challenge+Challenging Strikes. My Main is a tank which I've had for forever. When I'm playing my tank I NEVER EVER Block! Not even against Gravitar and her Yellow Tickle Bubbles of love. If I do I might possibly loose aggro to a Squishy DPSer. Being Forced to Hold Block for 2secs EVERY 10secs in order to get a buff applied is unacceptable.

I do realize that with the upcoming changes there MAY be times when my tank might have to block, but they will be RARE and they will be at times when I'm only using it to block a Large Damage attack. Which still makes Fluidity a bad power imho.
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    When I'm playing my tank I NEVER EVER Block! Not even against Gravitar and her Yellow Tickle Bubbles of love.

A dead tank don't tank for nobody.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
    edited October 2013
    When I'm playing my tank I NEVER EVER Block! Not even against Gravitar and her Yellow Tickle Bubbles of love.

You don't think it's because of statements like these that they're trying to fix dodge? You're supposed to be scared of this attack, even if you're a tank.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited October 2013
    You don't think it's because of statements like these that they're trying to fix dodge? You're supposed to be scared of this attack, even if you're a tank.

LoL I realize that. Which is WHY I said it. Those ARE the type of attacks I should HAVE to block with my tank. Doesn't mean I should sit around for 2 secs every 10 secs to get a buff from my block though.
    edited October 2013
    LoL I realize that. Which is WHY I said it. Those ARE the type of attacks I should HAVE to block with my tank.

Then why are you arguing that as a tank, you shouldn't have to block, because that causes you to lose DPS because you're not constantly attacking, which causes you to lose aggro?
    biffsig.jpg
    edited October 2013
    Fluidity sounds great for PFF. Block to increase shield regen *and* have a lingering dodge? Yes please.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
    edited October 2013
    Doesn't mean I should sit around for 2 secs every 10 secs to get a buff from my block though.

Ah, you should have mentioned that you shouldn't have to block for 2 seconds, instead of saying you shouldn't have to block.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited October 2013
    Then why are you arguing that as a tank, you shouldn't have to block, because that causes you to lose DPS because you're not constantly attacking, which causes you to lose aggro?

How often does Gravitar toss out those Yellow Bubbles? It's not like I'd be blocking a whole lot, and it wouldn't be for very long either. That's the point I'm trying to make. Sure making tanks block the BIG Spike Attacks is fine, but forcing them into basically spamming there block is unacceptable.
    edited October 2013
    Ah, you should have mentioned that you shouldn't have to block for 2 seconds, instead of saying you shouldn't have to block.

Yeah, sorry for my late edit. :tongue:
    edited October 2013
    cyrone wrote: »
    Fluidity sounds great for PFF. Block to increase shield regen *and* have a lingering dodge? Yes please.

OR

You could take just take Force Shield +Advantage and be blocking ALL THE TIME to increase your Shield Regen AND energy return(not to mention it's more thematic for PFF users.)

Then if you want to add some Dodge/Avoidance you can take what I suggested to change EM into. Which will give you the same lingering bonuses, but will apply them in less than half the time.

EDIT: Man, how fun would that be. PFF/FORCE Tank. Jump into a group, get aggro. Hit Evasive Maneuvers to leap backwards and then charge up a Force Cascade to take out everything chasing after you. :D
  • nightr0dnightr0d Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited October 2013

I actually doubt we will get any retcons. Crytpic has made some changes to powers in the recent past and no retcon.
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    nightr0d wrote: »
    I actually doubt we will get any retcons. Crytpic has made some changes to powers in the recent past and no retcon.
    It depends on how much of an impact the change does. Is it a minor tweak to one or a handful of powers (example, just tweaking the energy cost and DPS of an attack)? If so, then it's more unlikely there will be retcons given. Is it a major change that affects the core combat of the game (example, the Form changes)? If so, it's more likely there will be retcons given.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

edited October 2013
    OR

You could take just take Force Shield +Advantage and be blocking ALL THE TIME to increase your Shield Regen AND energy return(not to mention it's more thematic for PFF users.)

Then if you want to add some Dodge/Avoidance you can take what I suggested to change EM into. Which will give you the same lingering bonuses, but will apply them in less than half the time.

EDIT: Man, how fun would that be. PFF/FORCE Tank. Jump into a group, get aggro. Hit Evasive Maneuvers to leap backwards and then charge up a Force Cascade to take out everything chasing after you. :D

Force Sheathe advantage does not apply the PFF regen increase. The "Block" that appears when hit while using it is the energy return mechanic from blocking itself, not a true block. I thought this at first a loooooong time ago but having used PFF since Beta can tell you this doesn't work like that.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
  • ayonachanayonachan Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Bug: You didn't revert all the mods just the more easily obtainable ones. Things like utility core, severity core, and even avoidance core still provide the inflated values while in justice gear.
    edited October 2013
    cyrone wrote: »
    Force Sheathe advantage does not apply the PFF regen increase. The "Block" that appears when hit while using it is the energy return mechanic from blocking itself, not a true block. I thought this at first a loooooong time ago but having used PFF since Beta can tell you this doesn't work like that.

Well that's odd to hear. Whenever I've used PFF, I've noticed it become A LOT more durable once I used the Force Sheath Adv with it. I guess it's just the damage mitigation from Force Sheath doing it then. *shrug*

Still, the Force Shield+Adv/Evasive Maneuvers(with suggested changes) Combo would be better for a PFF user over Fluidity.

LR melee builds would be better with Parry+Adv/Evasive Maneuvers over Fluidity too.

Ranged Dodge builds would be better off without Fluidity as well. Because again, having to sit and hold your block for 2secs every 10secs eats into DPS.

I can't honestly see Fluidity working better for ANY time of build yet.

Not to mention a BLOCK that makes you DODGE makes absolutely NO sense whatsoever. Are we just going to make random powers with no thematic sense in mind now?
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Not to mention a BLOCK that makes you DODGE makes absolutely NO sense whatsoever. Are we just going to make random powers with no thematic sense in mind now?

With Parry you can bounce an Eye Beams.

That makes wayyy less sense then a block that is a 'prepared stance' to avoid damage.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
    edited October 2013
    With Parry you can bounce an Eye Beams.

That makes wayyy less sense then a block that is a 'prepared stance' to avoid damage.

Hmm... you mean like "Matrix" Bullet Dodge style? Errrrrrr, alright I'll cave on the thematic gripe I GUESS. Doesn't make the power any more effective though I'm afraid.

Also, your wrapped in CHI energy. You can parry ANYTHANG!!! LoL
  • monsterdaddymonsterdaddy Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hmm... you mean like "Matrix" Bullet Dodge style?
    That's how I took Fluidity to be, the Matrix style dodging.
    edited October 2013
    Lv 40
    NO PASSIVE
    NO GEAR
    NO SPECS
    NO DEX
    10 Dodge/ 20 Avoidance Base

I selected...

Evasive Maneuvers R3
    +
    Fluidity Rank 2/with Adv
    +
    Lead Tempest/with Tread Softly
    =
    An AoE that can be maintained for it's full duration with over 60% Dodge/Avoidance. Is this intentional?

What are we fixing here with the addition of Fluidity? This New block KILLS your DPS but it sure does make you defensively Over Powered(while your not actually blocking that is.)

Some more numbers for you to chew on.

NO PASSIVE: You can start the Lead Tempest Maintain with a maximum of 75% dodge/76% Avoidance(roughly.) This gradually drops to around 60% dodge/Avoidance (roughly) by the end of the maintain.

QUARRY Rank 3: You can start the Lead Tempest Maintain with a maximum of 90% Dodge/78% Avoidance(roughly.) This gradually drops to around the 70%Dodge/70%Avoidance(roughly) by the end of the maintain.

LIGHTNING REFLEXES Rank 3: You can start the Lead Tempest Maintain with a maximum of 125% Dodge/ 79% Avoidance(roughly.) This gradually drops to around 105% Dodge/ 70% Avoidance(roughly) by the end of the maintain.

All these numbers can further be improved by...

Having stats for the passives to scale off(for avoidance only I guess.)
    DEX
    GEAR
    SPECS
    SWINGING Adv

*Guess Fluidity isn't as useless as I thought. It's just GAME BREAKING!:rolleyes:

I think there was a reason why Parry's advantage was made into a melee only Advantage.
  • mensarmensar Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    lordgar wrote: »
    [*]Mods now give their correct stat values when slotted into Justice gear.

Please define "correct".

If you mean the amounts that they give on live, then you're just making them give the same broken amounts that live gives. There's no way +4 bonus between R7 and R9 isn't broken considering the amount of time and resources it takes to get mods from R7 to R9. (Not to mention the small matter of the number of safeguard catalysts you guys will sell when more people try to make R9 mods... just saying)

It would seem like that should be one of the first things you guys fix if you're wanting to see the true impact of these changes. Coming behind all these "balance fixes" and finally fixing them then is going to throw off your numbers.

Just a thought.

This message brought to you by the superhero:
    Bacon Overlord

All available action figures, check.
    Hit the global cap, check.
    All lore and event perks done, check.
    All 1K mob perks done, check.
    All nemesis mob perks done, check.
    Break 20,000 perk points, check.
    Complete all 5K perk points, stay tuned!

Come see me on steam (be friends, drink fine wines, clink glasses and KILL STUFF ONLINE!)
  • mensarmensar Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    That's how I took Fluidity to be, the Matrix style dodging.

Seems more like Void with the upgrade.. the longer you block the more effective it is.

Of course, the more you block, the less effective YOU are though.

This message brought to you by the superhero:
    Bacon Overlord

All available action figures, check.
    Hit the global cap, check.
    All lore and event perks done, check.
    All 1K mob perks done, check.
    All nemesis mob perks done, check.
    Break 20,000 perk points, check.
    Complete all 5K perk points, stay tuned!

Come see me on steam (be friends, drink fine wines, clink glasses and KILL STUFF ONLINE!)
  • ayonachanayonachan Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Dodge Scaling Update
    The new dodge scaling is roughly half of what it is on live. For comparative reasons I will show a small collect of the past changes.

Live%|Dodge#|PTS1%(Old initial release version)|PTS2%(current)
    10%|Base|10% 10%
    N/a% |76| 12.4% 15.4%
    42.5% |153| 14.6% 19.7%
    54.5% |292| 18% 25.5%
    55.3% |306| 18.3% 26%
    61.7% |445| 21.1% 30.1%

Elusive Monk.
    I am a bit torn on this...On Live and with the Live dodge scaling it benefits someone without any dodge rating more. On PTS and with the PTS dodge scaling it benefits someone pushing diminishing returns due to the flat rate%.

PTS% | Dexterity| Dodge(This is only on the Live Version) | LiveDodge%-10%Base |Avoidance#
    4% 5 1.6 0.6%1.6
    4.4% 45 15 5.2% 15
    4.5% 63 21 7% 21
    4.7% 85 28 9.2% 28
    5% 134 44 13.5% 44
    5.1% 191 63 18% 63
    5.7% 214 70 19.5% 70
    6% 249 82 21.8% 82
    6.6% 329 109 26.4% 109
    7% 373 123 28.5% 123
    7.3% 417 138 30.5% 138
    7.7% 461 152 32.4% 152

If you want to know what the pts% would be for the old version of Elusive monk just cut the live% in half and you have a rough estimate of it.

Justice Gear

I am going to ignore the bug with said gear that I already reported earlier.

Initial release of Justice Gear, although grossly large, had an actual incentive to get justice gear. The 'inflated' mods were fun to play around with and allowed players to see the tip of the iceberg when it comes to passive scaling. The set bonus is meh at best and the values for the gear itself is lacking with legion gear being the superior of the two types in that regard.

Why is the utility gear lacking? I mean, the 76/76 on defense gear is an 'upgrade' from legion's 139 but the utility gear is just a hit at your stats for 2 extra defense. Is it because of the set bonus coupled with the fact that you are changing offense from additive to multiplicative? By itself, 147.4 offense is only 5.5% multiplicative bonus damage

Then again, what is there to do that would justify any gear greater than heroic? Pvp?