Install Arc
Options

The Foundry: THIS JUST IN!

Comments

• Options
    x0y1x0y1 Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Ahh but the difference is STO's foundry is not 100% free to use like in Neverwinter so it cuts down on childish acts. A foundry like STO's is what CO needs.

Let me guess, you don't play much STO?

There was more then one huge battle between authors and grinders and many side battles.
    If you think stuff ist bad in NW, you have no idea how bad it was (and is) in STO.

A Brief Chronology of the Foundry War
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=537351
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=539351
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=530341
    and many more.

Not even CoX was that peaceful..

Personally I got yesterday my first "negative" foundry review, just a bit after I posted my feedback on a forum thread. Some don't like what you write and retaliate with 1-2star.

The point is, the foundry is the only thing atm that keeps me playing in NWO. I have played a new char to lvl 43 just with foundry missions + a few cryptic quest. I like it, the stuff some players can create is amazing and IMHO CO would benefit from a foundry tool.

Now if remember correctly from a NW forum post, you lost one of your foundry quest and that certainly hurt but I don't think we should surrender to villains that easily.

The foundry is a amazing tool and CO is in dire need of more content..
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    For one thing, Foundry authors call themselves authors because an author is anyone who writes stuff. And... you write stuff.

For another, every time you enter Foundry it gives you a name of Author@handle. So Cryptic ... pretty much is establishing 'hey, you are an author.'

What other word are you going to use for 'people who generate content using Foundry'?

As for NW authors being prissy or whatever... there are people who go around handing out anonymous 1 star reviews to manipulate what appears on the listings. Or out of revenge.

It's like the chat ban system... Cryptic just utterly fails to get 'people' when designing these systems.

And as for STO... boy howdy. Yeah, no. STO Foundry had much worse flamewars and griefing issues, which is one reason I'm ticked at Cryptic -- they've had 3 or so years to learn from what happened to STO Foundry and learned... pretty much nothing.

(Although next big NW Patch promises better foundry search, which may help a lot... )

STO Foundry, for example, had 1 year during which you could make a Foundry mission where you walked in, pushed a button, and leave with a reward.
    Authors kept complaining about this -- it trivialized the content, flooded the listings with exploits rather than stories, and so on.

When the devs finally got around to fixing this, two things happened:
    A bunch of folks decried Authors as being jerks ruining their fun, trying to 'force' people to read their 'hours long epics of walls of texts. Your stuff sucks. We're not going to read it!'
    They called authors elitist jerks who Cryptic was eager to please, and clearly it was the authors who made the changes happen because Cryptic didn't want to risk losing their source of free content.

Devs spoke up... to complain that authors hadn't 'policed themselves' enough to prevent the abuse.

Yeah. That's awesome.

Nepht, glad to know where you stand.

Edit: Oh, also, STO Foundry is functionally free. You can spend 6000 dilithium (like questionite, so about a day of play) to buy Foundry slots, thus unlocking Foundry.
    This is about as much of a hurdle as NW Foundry, which requires you to hit level 15 to unlock Foundry.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    x0y1 wrote: »
    Let me guess, you don't play much STO?

There was more then one huge battle between authors and grinders and many side battles.
    If you think stuff ist bad in NW, you have no idea how bad it was (and is) in STO.

A Brief Chronology of the Foundry War
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=537351
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=539351
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=530341
    and many more.

Not even CoX was that peaceful..

Personally I got yesterday my first "negative" foundry review, just a bit after I posted my feedback on a forum thread. Some don't like what you write and retaliate with 1-2star.

The point is, the foundry is the only thing atm that keeps me playing in NWO. I have played a new char to lvl 43 just with foundry missions + a few cryptic quest. I like it, the stuff some players can create is amazing and IMHO CO would benefit from a foundry tool.

Now if remember correctly from a NW forum post, you lost one of your foundry quest and that certainly hurt but I don't think we should surrender to villains that easily.

The foundry is a amazing tool and CO is in dire need of more content..

Been in STO since Beta ( I love ganking the feds :D ) long before I started playing CO also a STO LTSr. I just find in my opinion all the hoohaa in Trek was marginal compared to Neverwinters. But one womans HooHaa is another mans all out war I suppose.

I concede all 3 of the foundrys have had their issues and NO U threads but I find the Dungeon and Dragon's foundry lot to be somewhat pretentious. I will agree there was issues in STO but people there seem less anal. Heck some of the same Hoohaa's you pointed out appeared first in CoX.

Seriously the Neverwinter guys even have pretentious toon names.

I dont think its the issues , they might all be exactly the same BUT the people in the Neverwinter foundry I dont like. It might come across as a bit harsh but theres something about them that just makes you want to go SHUT THE HELL UP! :O

I will add in all fairness it might be the fact I am a long time Champions PnPer and Dungeons and Dragons is a swear word in my house I may be biased :P
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Nepht, do you really mean to tell x0y1, me, and anyone else here that makes Neverwinter Foundry missions that we suck?

Because it's kind of mean.

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    professorporkprofessorpork Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yes please
  • Options
    cgta1967cgta1967 Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    meh .... foundry's are either farms, or uber geek text walls.

been that way since the start.

people love to hate on people...and people made content is a good source of poo ammo.

edited July 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    Nepht, do you really mean to tell x0y1, me, and anyone else here that makes Neverwinter Foundry missions that we suck?

Because it's kind of mean.

Yes ..yes I am saying you all suck. What part of I AM EVIL! do you guys not understand? This isn't some sort of in character role play I do I am actually evil. I have Bambi's dead mom as a screensaver.

God damn idiots in this forum, you actually think I like you all :D
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    idolgenesis77idolgenesis77 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think a CO Foundry could/should be incorporated into the Nemesis system.

They could use a data base and creater tags to pull foundry content to fill in for the Nemesis system missions.

For example, if you created a 'revenge based' villian, like early Venom you could select options for foundry misisons based on tags like 'revenge' 'personal vendetta', ect. that would populate from tagged content as you play.

The Nemesis system is a great idea and innovative, but CO will never be able to do enough with it to fully satisfy what people really want from it, but if I could design my own missions or have it pull foundry missions then I could really tailor my characters experience and tell the stories I wanted.

As far as parameters you could set to only pull missions that had your selected tags, and also have it pull only certain star ratings or higher.

Is it perfect, no of course not, but this game has all the custom potential in the world and they are doing nothing with it. After creating, designing and giving a back story to a Super Hero I would love to have some creative control over playing their story out.
  • Options
    deathsentry2012deathsentry2012 Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Was on the other night with Trailturtle.. said Foundry would be VERY expensive to do in CO..so I'm thinking we'll never get it here
  • Options
    laeaornyalaeaornya Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Was on the other night with Trailturtle.. said Foundry would be VERY expensive to do in CO..so I'm thinking we'll never get it here

That makes no sense to me. NW, STO, and CO are all built on the same gaming engine. NW and STO already have the codes for a Foundry established. If Cryptic made their gaming engine correctly, it would only take slight adjustments to fit the code for a Foundry into CO. That was the whole point of using a common gaming engine, right?

Either that, or Cryptic has been lying to us from day one about using a common gaming engine for their games.

Either way, they're lying on one subject or another.

Trailturtle is being fed bull**** lines from upstairs and being asked to feed them to us. I'm glad I'm not in his shoes. I'd shoot myself in the head if my boss told me to lie on such a wholesale level to customers like that.
    nwo-banner_zpsa70beece.jpg
  • Options
    tfavsb10tfavsb10 Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yes please!!

I loved AE in COH and this would be a vast improvement to CO
  • Options
    tfavsb10tfavsb10 Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yes Please!
  • Options
    ma1starma1star Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yes Please!
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Here's a challenge- if you could make a foundry 'mission', what would you do?
  • Options
    cellarrat33cellarrat33 Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    laeaornya wrote: »
    That makes no sense to me. NW, STO, and CO are all built on the same gaming engine. NW and STO already have the codes for a Foundry established. If Cryptic made their gaming engine correctly, it would only take slight adjustments to fit the code for a Foundry into CO. That was the whole point of using a common gaming engine, right?

Either that, or Cryptic has been lying to us from day one about using a common gaming engine for their games.

Trailturtle is being fed bull**** lines from upstairs and being asked to feed them to us. I'm glad I'm not in his shoes. I'd shoot myself in the head if my boss told me to lie on such a wholesale level to customers like that.

Technically it's not the game engine that's the problem, but the game assets (NPCs, buildings, corridors, chairs, crates, etc.).

As I understand it, CO was developed for an older version of the code base without the Foundry in mind.

CO's game assets are not "tagged" properly for the Foundry to hook up to them.

Also some assets are totally incompatible and would need to be recreated.

CellarRat33 :: formerly Bsquared

"The great thing about glory unending is that it's dirt cheap!" - Tateklys
    From the Adventures of Thundrax (canadascott)
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Oh my god. What wouldn't I do...

Defeat the Undying One
    The fantasy world of Balt is overrun has sent a wizard across dimensions to seek help. The Screyan armies are lead by The Undying One, a terrible evil priest in white who calls up the dead.
    D&D-style dungeons, puzzles, and find the secrets necessary to defeat the Undying One!

(I actually did this in Mission Architect on CoH before giving up on it)

Saving the Red Queen
    A community of psychics has lived quietly for generations. Among other things, they guard against regents -- psychics that feed and draw on others, driving everyone mad (including themselves).
    A young girl's abilities has become unchecked, and she is now served by people become puppets.
    Her mother implores you to defeat her so that she may be saved.

Other stuff I want to do:
    Space Opera, planetary romance (some riff on John Carter of Mars), maybe a weird western...

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Shall I reiterate the plots of Magna Carta, Poe's Revenge, and Threads of DOOM!!? :smile:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    devtrackerdevtracker Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    STO's biggest problems with foundry exploitation have been resolved. Sure people can make grind missions, but the real currency that matters is not xp, but dilithium. And now the amount of dilithium you get is based on the average mission play time(not your own). That means there is nothing you can personally do to game the system and get more dilithium, because even if you try to play very slowly you still get a reward based on the mission's average.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2013

What? And spoil the awesome surprise when the Foundry comes. You just have to wait for it....
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    jellycupsowbugjellycupsowbug Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Mega-Terak and some civilians in a tiny room with a lava floor.

Also, maybe something with MI Crisis Ripper.
  • Options
    vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Court trial mission. The hero is held in a court run by Foxbat.
    Scripted events, if that's possible, lead to various "witnesses" of the heroes' crimes against fun being made to dish out their testimony with their attacks upon the hero.

If possible, the mission will end with the player's character shouting "OBJECTION" at Foxbat, or "OVERULED", or some other court case/portable attorney game joke/reference
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]
  • Options
    blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I had all these ideas... once upon a time... when I cared D:<

No, no, I think I'd explore my nemesis. I think he needs a bio reboot though. It's hard for me to say really but I'm anxious to get my hands on it.

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
  • Options
    canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Gere's a few I've been considering. Some are based on RP plots I've developed over the years.

1. Full of Grace. A noir mystery set in Westside, starting with the murder of Amazing Grace's mutant son in a rundown tenement, exposing a VIPER metadrug production ring and a corrupt city councilman.

2. The Apocalypse of Dr. Destroyer. An apocalyptic cult, worshipping Dr. Destroyer as a god of death, tries to activate a long buried doomsday device of Zerstoiten's whose antimatter core could blow the region off the map. But what happens when Destroyer finds out?

3. Into the Frost Tomb. Celestar, unwilling to accept the imprisonment of his old teammates in the Frost Tomb, risks reopening the rift to the Tomb in an ill-advised rescue attempt. But the spirit of Ice sees Celestar's folly as a way to spread eternal winter on the world. Rescue Celestar and close the rift.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Gere's a few I've been considering. Some are based on RP plots I've developed over the years.

1. Full of Grace. A noir mystery set in Westside, starting with the murder of Amazing Grace's mutant son in a rundown tenement, exposing a VIPER metadrug production ring and a corrupt city councilman.

2. The Apocalypse of Dr. Destroyer. An apocalyptic cult, worshipping Dr. Destroyer as a god of death, tries to activate a long buried doomsday device of Zerstoiten's whose antimatter core could blow the region off the map. But what happens when Destroyer finds out?

3. Into the Frost Tomb. Celestar, unwilling to accept the imprisonment of his old teammates in the Frost Tomb, risks reopening the rift to the Tomb in an ill-advised rescue attempt. But the spirit of Ice sees Celestar's folly as a way to spread eternal winter on the world. Rescue Celestar and close the rift.

...now the foundry has to exist for the sole purpose of me being able to play these... want :D

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Well if Cryptic won't write any Mechanon content, I will. (Assuming Fatal Err0r isn't Mechanon. IMHO, infecting SOCRATES isn't Mechanon's style. Too few organic casualties.)
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    x0y1x0y1 Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Well, watch the Video with ZeroinusRex (Cryptic) at ~5min50sec. She explains this very well.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=-wkEFyU1Rek&t=344
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited July 2013

There are over 300 commercial titles running on the "Unreal Engine" do they all just mix and match every bit and byte and megabyte of data?
    Are all 300 or more game developers * team mates lying when they say "We use the Unreal Engine!"

Same with CryEngine, Unity, whatever ID is doing, and the 300 independent game engines available at no or ridiculous cost.
    Trailturtle is being fed bull****

Have you seen how underfed that guy is?
    I'd say he gets fed peanuts but those have a high fiber and fat content that dude is lacking.
    Bro do you even JIF?

... snip ...
    Those sound like deep personal issues. Unplug and take a break.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Actually, I'm going to change my vote to 'no Foundry.'

Based on STO and now NW, Cryptic is completely incapable of understanding social behavior and making a system that doesn't become a nightmare of abuse, exploits, and recriminations.

Granted, this may be a running pattern with them -- good at making neat widgets, horrible at understanding customers.

• Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Posts: 5,508 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There are over 300 commercial titles running on the "Unreal Engine" do they all just mix and match every bit and byte and megabyte of data?

The book You, by Austin Grossman, gives a really easy to understand explanation on how dev tools for game designers work. I'd recommend that to folks next time you try to answer the type of comment/question you did here.

It gives a really clear explanation for how multiple games can run on the same "engine" and be completely different and separate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    the Book you, By Austin Grossman, Gives A Really Easy To Understand Explanation On How Dev Tools For Game Designers Work. I'd Recommend That To Folks Next Time You Try To Answer The Type Of Comment/question You Did Here.

It Gives A Really Clear Explanation For How Multiple Games Can Run On The Same "engine" And Be Completely Different And Separate.

Ya!

#Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    artmanpweartmanpwe Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited July 2013

The location would be called Foxbat's Clubhouse, with a sign saying as much and another sign saying 'Invitation Only' underneath that.

The Floorplan would be that of Club Caprice, but with a Foxbat motif (eg Statues of Foxbat, etc).

However, the place would look damaged and rundown (definitely trash debris on the floor). The lighting effects would be that a third of the lights are in working order, a third are off and a third are barely functioning (ie flickering).

The mob pulls would consist of only Foxbat's robotic minions, as what would have been their human counterparts are lifeless bodies on the floor. Some of the robotic minions would have the shorting-out idle animations.

The flow would take you left, because the right is blocked by a locked door.

At the end of the left flow would be a female Master-villain Boss name The Designer. She would be dressed in what would have been a brilliantly white ring-leader costume, instead the costume is now dirty, gray/pale-blue and torn/patched. Before she goes hostile, she would have speaking text of, 'D...did you come from outside?!' 'No... NO! You let the door close behind you!! DIE!!!' A fight would ensue. After you defeat her, you would get Q, a lock-box of the month, a primary piece and a key to the right side door. Her defeat text would be, 'No... hope... of escape...'

In the middle of the right side room would be Foxbat under a blinding spotlight, tied to a chair. He would not be moving however, and he would be wearing a Zombie skin to signify he was dead.

Out of the room behind him would be speaking text of 'I think I broke him.' Out from that room would come a gigantic clown-rabbit-robot, with a pixilated censored bottom half. The bozo-bunny-bot would continue, 'Say, do you want to: E... R... P...???' Evil laugh as he casts time-stop. All other characters in the room would have an automated cry emote during the time-stop. After the time-stop finishes, all character auto-death (but with no star penalty) and rez back at their zone-in location.

/End (well, actually all the fighting and looting ended after The Designer, but you get my drift).
    ...Since 2009.
    ArtManZupSig7_zps27j4ilyb.jpg
  • Options
    truealucardtruealucard Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yes please... (goes back to play CO again :P)
  • Options
    heilkittyheilkitty Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Something new that isn't a badly implemented, 2 minutes mission or a worthless addon to the Z-store?
    Yes, please.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    heilkitty wrote: »
    Something new that isn't a badly implemented, 2 minutes mission or a worthless addon to the Z-store?
    Yes, please.

The problem being what are the chances the bold part will be true if they ever actually tried it?

They have two handicapped tries so far.

Although in the spirit of CO, I guess 'the only game around that does X, however badly'...

• Options
    queencestaqueencesta Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yessum. I am entirely approving of having the foundry here in CO. I would make lovely use of it.
  • Options
    ajanusajanus Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just a friendly bump so this thread is not conveniently forgotten.

And again: +1 to Foundry

Remember: Half the people you know are below average...

Do not correct a fool, for he will hate you for it. Correct a wise man, for he will appreciate you for it.

Don't be like the Qularr. They would not last one round in the Interstellar Galactic Arena...

Handle @brayv
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    please stop bumping this thread

every time I see it, hope stirs and then I remember what thread it is and I get very sad

• Options
    edited August 2013
    ajanus wrote: »
    Just a friendly bump so this thread is not conveniently forgotten.

And again: +1 to Foundry

*looks for a dev post in the thread*

Yep, its already been forgotten.
  • Options
    jackniefpwjackniefpw Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hell if I'm letting this thread remain unseen. Another bump.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It has been seen. It's just matter of not giving a crap.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    lonnehartlonnehart Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It would be great to have a Foundry here. Just make sure to NOT use too many premade maps.

So PLEASE YES!! I would like to have a foundry here, even if I have to buy the right to use it from the C-Store! :)
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • Options
    ussharringtonussharrington Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes please
  • Options
    ratchetman2ratchetman2 Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes Please!
  • Options
    seliumnseliumn Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes Please !
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Can a mod lock this? It's just cruel.

• Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    No. Just don't click on it ever again.

And yes please on the Foundry.
  • Options
    atringatring Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think it's fun to watch, but, then, I'm more than a little morbid. :biggrin:

Part of the problem since December, 2012.
  • Options
    alexofspades#2085 alexofspades Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes please!
    ERgLqqC.png
  • Options
    darianlancaster1darianlancaster1 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Can we do this please? I know it wouldn't be hard. Seriously; put the Foundry in CO and charge for parts of it and PWE will be rich over night and CO will stay funded for another 3+ years.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Can we do this please? I know it wouldn't be hard. Seriously; put the Foundry in CO and charge for parts of it and PWE will be rich over night and CO will stay funded for another 3+ years.

Wouldn't be hard? you must be new.