test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Who the hell uses an exploit to get to the end of Harmon Labs alert

ariesmajorariesmajor Posts: 394 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Champions Online Discussion
In less than 4 seconds? Did I miss a part where this game was actually hackable or Did I just imagine Warlord giving his speech while 3 of my team mates were still on the top floor for less than a few seconds of clearing mobs?

Srsly guys.....srsly?

The elevator wasn't even open yet......WHAT.....THE.......WHUT?>!>!?!?!?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't remember Harmon ever actually saying anything at all in the Harmon Labs alert.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    underchickenunderchicken Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Last time I did a Hi Pan Alert during the last rotation this exact same thing happen. Somebody activated the second cutscene about 2 seconds after the opening cutscene. 4 of us had only STARTED our way to the first bridge. Champs is definitely getting hacked these days. Sad to say.:frown:
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Only time I remember Harmon giving a speech was during the start of Resistance.

Only exploits I'm aware of regarding alerts so far is being able to engage enemies in ranged combat for Stitch In Time and Trainstopping from within the starting bubble before the alert starts. The latter is especially problematic since defeating any enemies before the alert starts prevents it from being completed even when the rest of the enemies have been cleared within the timer.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Harmon gives a speech?

Could a hero with stealth/aggression stealth quickly skip through mobs and use the elevators and doors?

Anyway, in Hi-Pan alert, a couple powers allow you to fly over to Hi-Pan straight away. These aren't exploits per se. Those powers include Ascension and Vapor Form. I don't know if Master of the Mind lasts long enough for that.

No hacking required.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Last time I did a Hi Pan Alert during the last rotation this exact same thing happen. Somebody activated the second cutscene about 2 seconds after the opening cutscene. 4 of us had only STARTED our way to the first bridge. Champs is definitely getting hacked these days. Sad to say.:frown:

^^^^This, I already know about the thing where you can activate certain flight actives to go across the thing, but this was literally 2 seconds after getting into the map and we didn't even have the elevator open.

Also calling the elevator would break stealth, plus you'd have to be able to run fast enough to get to the boss, then on top of that, they killed the boss before we even got past the second room of mobs.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Anyway, in Hi-Pan alert, a couple powers allow you to fly over to Hi-Pan straight away. These aren't exploits per se. Those powers include Ascension and Vapor Form. I don't know if Master of the Mind lasts long enough for that.

No hacking required.

I wonder how Cryptic managed to overlook the existence of those powers having a TP aspect to them when their intention was to bar players from using any kind of flight to bypass the drop zones.

A simple (I'm assuming) fix would be to make those zones actual "dead zones", meaning that even if you enter those areas mid-air with flight, you'd get displaced back to the spawn area automatically without even having to drop to your death.
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ariesmajor wrote: »
    In less than 4 seconds? Did I miss a part where this game was actually hackable or Did I just imagine Harmon giving his speech while 3 of my team mates were still on the top floor for less than a few seconds of clearing mobs?

Srsly guys.....srsly?

Harmon is not even there during that alert.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Harmon is not even there during that alert.

The guy in the big Robot suit at harmon labs starts talking about blah blah blah, thats the scene I'm talking about not Harmon the character. Sorry for the confusion.
  • Options
    underchickenunderchicken Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Harmon gives a speech?

Could a hero with stealth/aggression stealth quickly skip through mobs and use the elevators and doors?

No hacking required.

GOOD F'ING POINT! That hadn't even crossed my mind to be completely honest. I suppose Ascension might actually have been quick enough to start the second Cutscene right away.

As for Harmon Labs, this is a whole different story. While I haven't seen it happen in that alert myself I might be something that needs looking in to. And I believe the OP was confusing Harmon with Warlord.
  • Options
    drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The guy in the big Robot suit at harmon labs starts talking about blah blah blah, thats the scene I'm talking about not Harmon the character. Sorry for the confusion.

So let me get this straight...

You put the lime in the coke-U-nut.

Always wanted to say that.

But all seriousness, you mean to say you and the team were in the first room where you spawn in before the elevator and someone actually bypassed to the boss and managed to kill Warlord in 4 seconds tops? Just to be clear on what the situation is for the rest of us.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    GOOD F'ING POINT! That hadn't even crossed my mind to be completely honest. I suppose Ascension might actually have been quick enough to start the second Cutscene right away.

As for Harmon Labs, this is a whole different story. While I haven't seen it happen in that alert myself I might be something that needs looking in to. And I believe the OP was confusing Harmon with Warlord.

I smell a nerf coming.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    alexofspades#2085 alexofspades Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've seen people in Guild Wars 2 teleporting between gathering nodes. Like, a huge warrior appears out of nowhere, mines a silver rock, then suddenly blinks to another silver rock, mines it and completely disappears. (Far from Waypoints, too). I assumed i was lagging, but some people told me otherwise: There are hacks to change your coordinates in-game.

Perhaps they're using the same system to hack Champs. Not sure. Between me and you though? Its kinda pathethic, isnt it? I mean, people spent time coding a hacking software and finding out the coordinates to Warlord's boss-fight trigger just to appear there. Just to farm him. Just to drop his pieces.

That are just cosmetics anyways. Its not like, you get full Warlord set and you can enter the secret cool PvP that rewards you with IRL money. No, its just some new models.

Mankind is a little stupid sometimes.
    ERgLqqC.png
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    aurinkosi wrote: »
    I've seen people in Guild Wars 2 teleporting between gathering nodes. Like, a huge warrior appears out of nowhere, mines a silver rock, then suddenly blinks to another silver rock, mines it and completely disappears. (Far from Waypoints, too). I assumed i was lagging, but some people told me otherwise: There are hacks to change your coordinates in-game.

Perhaps they're using the same system to hack Champs. Not sure. Between me and you though? Its kinda pathethic, isnt it? I mean, people spent time coding a hacking software and finding out the coordinates to Warlord's boss-fight trigger just to appear there. Just to farm him. Just to drop his pieces.

That are just cosmetics anyways. Its not like, you get full Warlord set and you can enter the secret cool PvP that rewards you with IRL money. No, its just some new models.

Very true if it is a hack these people could have used their programing skills to do something a tad bit more useful .
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Just to be clear, are you talking about the voice over while you're fighting the mobs on the first floor that ends with "You are weapons free", or the actual cutscene where the wall in Warlord's room is blown open, and he opens with "Well, well, looks like you've got some firepower of your own"?

Because if it's the former, there's no hacking or cheating or anything involved; you ALWAYS get a speech from Warlord right away.
    edited August 2013
    Just to be clear, are you talking about the voice over while you're fighting the mobs on the first floor that ends with "You are weapons free", or the actual cutscene where the wall in Warlord's room is blown open, and he opens with "Well, well, looks like you've got some firepower of your own"?

Because if it's the former, there's no hacking or cheating or anything involved; you ALWAYS get a speech from Warlord right away.

I'm talking about the actual cutscene where the wall blows open and you fight him also note, all of the team except 2 people were on the first set of mobs in the main part of the dungeon.

So in chronological order.

Alert starts
    I aggro the first set of mobs
    I'm kickin ****
    Cutscene starts where you blow open the wall and fight warlord
    We go down the elevator
    I open up on the first 3 mobs after the elevator
    Warlord Dies
    "You will return to millinium city in 60 seconds"
  • Options
    cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm talking about the actual cutscene where the wall blows open and you fight him also note, all of the team except 2 people were on the first set of mobs in the main part of the dungeon.

So in chronological order.

Alert starts
    I aggro the first set of mobs
    I'm kickin ****
    Cutscene starts where you blow open the wall and fight warlord
    We go down the elevator
    I open up on the first 3 mobs after the elevator
    Warlord Dies
    "You will return to millinium city in 60 seconds"

Wow that definitely sounds like a hack. First time I hear someone is actually interested in hacking champs though lol... is that a good thing? xD

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    That is almost definitely NOT a hack. Hacking the game would require changing the server-side code. IF someone could be bothered to do that, it would either cause a version mismatch (if the hacker changed the version number), forcing everyone to download a patch or be unable to connect, or the version difference between the server and clients would cause mass instability and issues.

Far more likely someone just found a bug that they could exploit to move through walls/floors or to reset their positions.

Devs HAVE a slash command that allows them to teleport anywhere they want; it's a standard dev command in all games. Maybe this game's version accidentally had its dev-only permissions rescinded?
    edited August 2013
    People who like the rewards but not the game.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    monsterdaddymonsterdaddy Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The same two to three players have been exploiting this all night. Pisses me off because the rest of the team is there just to initiate the Alert for them and of course we get nothing. Sometimes you can even see one of the exploiters in the Plasma Beam cutscene.

Seriously, they are just destroying gameplay for all other players unless we're lucky enough to get the Warlord Alert without them in it.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Devs HAVE a slash command that allows them to teleport anywhere they want; it's a standard dev command in all games. Maybe this game's version accidentally had its dev-only permissions rescinded?

h8D4F7B3C
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Very interesting part.
    Even using some super movement and Team-Teleport, we can't go to the last part without opening elevator usually.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The same two to three players have been exploiting this all night.
    And have you reported this? Because I think we're all well aware that there isn't anybody sitting at Cryptic, especially in the middle of the night, looking for glitches in the Matrix...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    And have you reported this? Because I think we're all well aware that there isn't anybody sitting at Cryptic, especially in the middle of the night, looking for glitches in the Matrix...

Matrix is an entirely different concept. I understand you were simply using it to illustrate a point.

That small personal tick aside;

What Sills said. If its only a couple, at the very least a warning should be issued if they are affectcting others' gameplay.
  • Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    These kids nowadays. Don't even want to play the game, just want to farm rewards so they can...... <insert point of skipping gameplay for rewards here>

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Maybe the game of finding and using exploits while cackling has become more entertaining than the actual game?
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    xen0biaxen0bia Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jennymachx wrote: »
    I wonder how Cryptic managed to overlook the existence of those powers having a TP aspect to them when their intention was to bar players from using any kind of flight to bypass the drop zones.

The sad reality is that the devs can't code something a simple as a IF statement, and I have witnessed plenty of instances of quests or events failing to function properly simply because they didn't implement any code to prevent certain things from occuring and check for specific conditions. So, I'm not surprised at all they would omit to code in something to prevent players from using the TP aspect of those powers (invisible walls would do the trick really...) even though it's should be a given.

I have to say though, I'm rather surprised anyone would bother hacking CO, of all games...
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This needs an in-game ticket AND a post on the bugs forum.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I confirm this!
    I just got Random Teamed up, 2 players were in a premade team and both of them got INSTANTLY Teleported to the Warlord room and activated the Cutscene!

I rushed to the last room, ALL the Mobs where Untouched!

WHAT THE ACTUALLY ****?

I understand going to Hi-Pan using Ascension mini-Flying-Tp, BUT HOW DID THEY DID THAT?
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It may explain why last night I notice a very high increase in Warlord costume parts and set to ridiculous prices on the AH. Now I am afraid to even step foot into that alert seeing I still need a few of those drops...

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • Options
    alexofspades#2085 alexofspades Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Press O and check who's inside your instance. Take a screenshot and report them.
    ERgLqqC.png
  • Options
    quasimojo1quasimojo1 Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've noticed two different scenarios related to this, one appears to be an exploit and the other is IMHO just poor group etiquette.

1.) Player somehow is able to activate the elevator and travel directly to Warlord BEFORE the elevator door is open. They begin the Warlord fight within about 10 seconds of the alert activating, locking out the other players. I've witnessed this a couple of times, and I'm not sure how they are doing it.

2.) Player (and a teammate usually) clear the first room, then runs through the rest of the instance to Warlord without bothering to kill the other trash mobs. I don't think this is an exploit, and the other teammates at least have a chance to follow and make it to the Warlord fight. Not very good group etiquette though. Perhaps unsurprisingly, I normally see the PvP SG's doing this.
    LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
  • Options
    vvhorevvhore Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    PvP Sg's displaying poor group etiquette.... the hell you say :p
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    quasimojo1 wrote: »
    2.) Player (and a teammate usually) clear the first room, then runs through the rest of the instance to Warlord without bothering to kill the other trash mobs. I don't think this is an exploit, and the other teammates at least have a chance to follow and make it to the Warlord fight. Not very good group etiquette though. Perhaps unsurprisingly, I normally see the PvP SG's doing this.

Yeap, that's SPEEDRUN It's perfectly Legit, I have been in a Speedrun Group for Warlord :biggrin:

1.) Player somehow is able to activate the elevator and travel directly to Warlord BEFORE the elevator door is open. They begin the Warlord fight within about 10 seconds of the alert activating, locking out the other players. I've witnessed this a couple of times, and I'm not sure how they are doing it.

This on the other hand... :mad: My god! I call HAX
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    p0temk1np0temk1n Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Odd. The best runs are generally with the PvP groups when I run Harmon Labs.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[thread=139701]My old, old guide for Ego Blades. Updated for On: Alert.[/thread]
    [thread=154211]The Costume Contest Schedule. Stay up-to-date without having to log in![/thread]
  • Options
    kingironwolf69kingironwolf69 Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    Maybe the game of finding and using exploits while cackling has become more entertaining than the actual game?

and with Cryptic/PWE's track record of banning the wrong people for life who helped them resolve the zone crash issue - good luck getting the help of what little community you have left
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So reporting an exploit gets you banned?
    Or were they "testing"?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    kingironwolf69kingironwolf69 Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    So reporting an exploit gets you banned?
    Or were they "testing"?

reported it directly to TT via forum PM
  • Options
    xen0biaxen0bia Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    reported it directly to TT via forum PM

Why the hell were they banned?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    xen0bia wrote: »
    Why the hell were they banned?

Because someone ran a script that found everyone who performed a certain action within a certain timeframe and banned everyone it found.
    edited August 2013
    aurinkosi wrote: »

The GW2 teleporting gather is a hack from a hack site. I reported it and the site to them, when I found out what it was. Along with the ones for NWO , a much longer list.
    Amazing what you find when your search gives you things on a half sentence.

Hipan- they supposedly fixed the ascension problem because if you shortcut before the first cut scene it glitches and you can't finish.

The list of hacks for various games was quite ridiculous

The term pathetic comes to mind, for those people.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    vvhorevvhore Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    True, but when you have the chance to listen to how they justify themselves and their actions it always comes down to the same phoned in response " I was bored and felt like challenging myself." "It made the game more enjoyable knowing I could manipulate the code as I saw fit."

Once you get to this God lvl of Ego there's really no point trying to understand the Why's. It's better to just deal with the Who's and How's instead.
  • Options
    p0temk1np0temk1n Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    chaelk wrote: »

Hipan- they supposedly fixed the ascension problem because if you shortcut before the first cut scene it glitches and you can't finish.

Still works. I used Ascension several times in it while levelling and the flight component never gets neutralized. Same with the Warlord fight. They broke the Ascension nerf somewhere along the way.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[thread=139701]My old, old guide for Ego Blades. Updated for On: Alert.[/thread]
    [thread=154211]The Costume Contest Schedule. Stay up-to-date without having to log in![/thread]
  • Options
    hexsinghexsing Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Night Avenger.

I saw this in Hi Pan, and Harmon.

We had one guy who was Stealthed. The rest of the group were fighthing through, while one teleported. I Run Invuln, Inertial Dampening field, and Protection field and Acrobatics. I could shield myself, and push through with little damage so I caught up. The teleported eventually got stopped, which was inevitable. In the End it was myself and the Low level Stealther who go to the end, which I needed to bail him out in the power suit area because the mobs caught him.

I am level 40 so I could handle it. I kept him up too, but when I asked him to wait he just went right for Warlord who then killed him. So it was just me.

The rest of the team bailed. I bailed as well.

Hi Pan is the same situation.

Stealth from the Night Avenger makes people do some stupid crap.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old time member. I miss NERF :eek:
  • Options
    stergiosmanstergiosman Posts: 717 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well, why care? It saves you farming time and you can go rp or PvP or just do some quests instead of farming warly. And well, it isn't really that hard to find a bug in there...you can find a bug at every part of this game.
    And well, this is one of the smartest ones there.
    My congratulations to the guy that will report it with actual proof of who did it and how. I'd also make an alt account to report it tho, I wouldn't like to lose my main.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Well, why care? It saves you farming time and you can go rp or PvP or just do some quests instead of farming warly.

Why care? Because it wastes the time of everyone but the exploiters.

If I'm reading the posts about it correctly, the exploiters are in Warlord's room, kill him, and start the "You will be kicked in 60 seconds" timer before anyone else even gets out of the first room. Those that aren't exploiting this bug get their two Silver Champion Recognition or Vehicle Mod 5 Pack, and nothing else. If you get stuck in a team with the exploiters, you lose out on your rewards. For those that care about getting the costume parts, this drastically increases your farming time.
    edited August 2013
    Why care? Because it wastes the time of everyone but the exploiters.

If I'm reading the posts about it correctly, the exploiters are in Warlord's room, kill him, and start the "You will be kicked in 60 seconds" timer before anyone else even gets out of the first room. Those that aren't exploiting this bug get their two Silver Champion Recognition or Vehicle Mod 5 Pack, and nothing else. If you get stuck in a team with the exploiters, you lose out on your rewards. For those that care about getting the costume parts, this drastically increases your farming time.

I use one of the "pvp" builds, I hang out with those "pvp" groups, we all use the same skills and pretty much the same builds, this isn't Medusa where you can drop her with a team of 5 in less than 20 seconds, this is Warlord, even with one of the best damage maintains in the game running full offense and double dipping into your offense defense talents to get as much of a power boost as possible plus ego crit damage as main stat you still might only get away with 3k per tick with ego offense active or ice offense active for the crit damage buff, and even with all of that, you're not dropping him that fast.

The only way I could see it being possible in the amount of time he dropped was if you activated all 5 backup device slots plus hit him from stealth. Even then, you'd still have to wait on the cooldown on backups to go at him again in the same way.
  • Options
    tfavsb10tfavsb10 Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    In less than 4 seconds? Did I miss a part where this game was actually hackable or Did I just imagine Harmon giving his speech while 3 of my team mates were still on the top floor for less than a few seconds of clearing mobs?

Srsly guys.....srsly?

Your thinking of resisatnce.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    tfavsb10 wrote: »
    Your thinking of resisatnce.

You didn't read the rest of the thread.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I was doing Gravitar alert yesterday and the same thing happened. A bunch of us upon entering the area got suddenly kicked out of the team for some reason and the "60 sec to exit map" interaction popup appeared.

Something funky's going on.
  • Options
    caycepollardcaycepollard Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    drgmstr wrote: »
    It may explain why last night I notice a very high increase in Warlord costume parts and set to ridiculous prices on the AH. Now I am afraid to even step foot into that alert seeing I still need a few of those drops...
    ^^^This is exactly why people would hack. As long as parts of this game still require G (retconning, and fixing broken spec trees, costumes, so on), there are people who are willing to do anything to GET "G". It's human nature for some humans. Also, what will the "punishment" be? They get their accounts banned? Chances are these aren't "paying customers" in the first place (though that is merely an assumption on my part, and could be totally incorrect), and they're taking advantage of this to get even more free-lunch.