test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Subscriptions

Comments

• etherfalconetherfalcon Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This happened again this morning when I logged in, AFTER I had already resubbed, at a new inflated rate 3mo recurring Gold sub. So that's less than 1month in, and it kicked me to Silver again.

So, Imma bump this.
  • theapygoostheapygoos Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Update:

1) The core of the issue should be fixed (as of Friday night). We've worked with one of our partners (I believe they help with our databases) to put a fix in place. All of our tests have worked properly.

2) For people who've been affected, the engineers are starting the conversation today about how to fix you up.

3) We're starting the conversation on compensation internally. Stay tuned.

Thanks for your support, everyone, we appreciate it.

-TrailTurtle
    what about stipends?
    mine was supposed to arrive on the 24th and it never came.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    theapygoos wrote: »
    what about stipends?
    mine was supposed to arrive on the 24th and it never came.
    That falls under points 2 and 3, I think.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • bombermangoldbombermangold Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It did it AGAIN on my end...
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Even though I'm a Lifetime member, this concerns me greatly to see this issue... And why don't NWO and STO seem to be afflicted by this?
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    agentnx5 wrote: »
    Even though I'm a Lifetime member, this concerns me greatly to see this issue... And why don't NWO and STO seem to be afflicted by this?

STO is affected by this.

NWO isn't affected because it only applies to subscription charges (Zen purchases work fine), and NWO is pure Free To Play; there is no subscription option.
    Been trying the billing support number, but they never answer. Just All busy and auto-hangs up.

:rolleyes:I'm beginning to wonder if Perfect World was planned as an oxymoron...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Formerly @CentralNexus in CoX -- as Flagborn, Doctor Futura, Fast Neutrino, Accoustix, etc.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,122 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As a lifer, I sincerely hope this issue is mopped up soon, its quite distasteful and inconveniencing for most.

Good to see it's been acknowledged and hopefully a solution is found quickly.
  • exonik0pweexonik0pwe Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Trailturtle, any news yet? :P dont leave us with nothin man say SOMEthing...pls XD
    Costumer support didnt respond to my ticket....i think its cuz im....SILVER >:O rage rage rage
  • atompenguinatompenguin Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is this still not fixed? This is absolutely pathetic.

This is something that should not be accepted or tolerated from any self-respecting developer. Are you all seriously so bad at your jobs that this kind of thing can go on for nearly a month? Seriously?
    -Campaign: Spells and Coin
    --Part 1: Spells and Coin (NW-DHM3XQVQK)
    --Part 2: A Blind Eye (NW-DI3QTHZGJ)
    --Part 3: Dodo's Dinner (NW-DHPA8O253)

-One Shots
    --The Wizard of Eldeur (NW-DRKQNE4S7)
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    zolandar wrote: »
    Been trying the billing support number, but they never answer. Just All busy and auto-hangs up.

I'm stuck in limbo myself. CS has yet to acknowledge my existence, and I have things to do! I'm afraid they have until the 9th to fix everything and compensate or I'll have to consider abandoning this game for good.
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited July 2013
    At this point, the fix is in for any transactions going forwards. Any transactions that have been made over the past few days should be fine -- note that transactions made before the fix may still run into the same issue, about five days from now.

We're aware of the question of discounted subscriptions, and how important that is to a lot of players. I don't have an answer for you all on that yet, but I'm making sure that everyone is aware of it.
    edited July 2013
    At this point, the fix is in for any transactions going forwards. Any transactions that have been made over the past few days should be fine -- note that transactions made before the fix may still run into the same issue, about five days from now.

We're aware of the question of discounted subscriptions, and how important that is to a lot of players. I don't have an answer for you all on that yet, but I'm making sure that everyone is aware of it.

Are they still discussing how/when/if they'll ever fix the people who lost their subscriptions? Customer Service doesn't seem to like to respond very much.
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)

• trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited July 2013
    deadman20 wrote: »
    Are they still discussing how/when/if they'll ever fix the people who lost their subscriptions? Customer Service doesn't seem to like to respond very much.

Yeup, this is still being discussed and figured out.
  • missmaeheymmissmaeheym Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeup, this is still being discussed and figured out.

I'd like to know if I am going to get back all the days toward my vet reward I lost....not to mention stipend. Seen one stipend allotment in two months.
    edited July 2013

Thank god someone actually does something... hey guys trailturtle is the new costumer service :D everyone send his/her tickets to him XD but in all seriousness tnx for actually caring i was about to leave the game....again...but this time for realz not only cuz im mad about how they destroyed pvp before "on alert" came out.

P.S. is costumer service on break or something? They dont seem to care mutch about whats going on :I Or is it cuz we`re silvers?.....SILVERCISTS!
    edited July 2013
    exonik0pwe wrote: »
    Thank god someone actually does something... hey guys trailturtle is the new costumer service :D everyone send his/her tickets to him XD but in all seriousness tnx for actually caring i was about to leave the game....again...but this time for realz not only cuz im mad about how they destroyed pvp before "on alert" came out.

P.S. is costumer service on break or something? They dont seem to care mutch about whats going on :I Or is it cuz we`re silvers?.....SILVERCISTS!

TrailTurtle is awesome. :wink:

On the point of the standard Customer Service hating on Silvers... I'm almost certain that's why they're not responding to us in the manner they should. They're starting to actually make me believe they're a myth. I've only gotten what seems to be an automated response, but I suppose that's SOME progress though... better than the tickets I send in about game bugs at least. I send those things in and I guess they're automatically thrown in the dumpster.

• missmaeheymmissmaeheym Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    TrailTurtle is awesome. :wink:

On the point of the standard Customer Service hating on Silvers... I'm almost certain that's why they're not responding to us in the manner they should. They're starting to actually make me believe they're a myth. I've only gotten what seems to be an automated response, but I suppose that's SOME progress though... better than the tickets I send in about game bugs at least. I send those things in and I guess they're automatically thrown in the dumpster.

Honestly I've been playing this 3 years + and submitted many tickets in that time...only once have I ever received a response and even then it was canned and wholly unrelated to the problem I was experiencing.

There isn't any customer service at Cryptic.
  • jaybee37jaybee37 Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I fixed the problem by going through PayPal. I did get responses to my Billing Support tickets, but they really didn't seem to know what was going on. (Please note that the responses were a couple weeks ago, before this thread opened up.)

Cryptic really needs to get better support for their products. I realize there's only so much money to go around, but if they want to continue making money, it would be a good idea to prioritize their funding better.

Having said all that, my main concern is the (quite literally) half-dozen or so people that I know personally who have lost their special subscription rate. Several of my friends are going through this, and it really is driving them away from the game. Thanks for all the info Trailturtle, I only wish the rest of support was as solid as you.
    edited July 2013
    This is starting to get frustrating, but at least I'm getting some communication from Customer Service now. They said my sub should be fixed, but it isn't. So I've attempted to contact them again to see if they're gonna make another attempt at it. I may have to start pestering them 24/7. :tongue:

So long as they can get it done by the 9th, I should be able to reset the Homage CC without too many issues.

EDIT: So I found out that I'm still Silver, but my Vet Days are still counting upwards. Yay for progress! :biggrin:

• damedarkstardamedarkstar Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    All I get is canned answers also no real solution. Yet my card still sits there charged for service not even receiving this is ludacris. I decided just give up this is waste of my time and apparently my money. And Trailturtle your responses are canned also like someone is writing stuff down for you to say.

For the community of CO you have been wonderful despite a few rotten apples. I wish you all the best in whatever you do.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,510 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Customer service says my latest payment attempt (Visa) went through. It doesn't show on my statement yet, but the stipend did appear.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    edited July 2013
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Customer service says my latest payment attempt (Visa) went through. It doesn't show on my statement yet, but the stipend did appear.

Wow cool :D iv been a waiting for a week now... no reply whatsoever
  • rowan79rowan79 Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They tell me due to some error code that the transaction hasn't happened yet. No explanation of course what that code means exactly. And I call Paypal and see that everything is actually in perfect working order....how in the hell am I supposed to move forward with this??

"Do you know what power is? Power is control of men who are lesser than you."
  • crosnightcrosnight Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    anyone notice that the days subscribe number keeps going up even though the subscription status is inactive? if those count to what i pay'd for and im not getting to play my gold characters... im gonna be even more upset
    edited July 2013
    I cant wait some day to open the forum n trailturtle be like "Hey guize! Its all fixed! everyone gets an epica*s price n stuff! YEYEYEYEY... or something of the sort :I
    edited July 2013
    crosnight wrote: »
    anyone notice that the days subscribe number keeps going up even though the subscription status is inactive? if those count to what i pay'd for and im not getting to play my gold characters... im gonna be even more upset

It's the sound of progress my friend. We'll get our subscriptions back... eventually.

• meanygirlmeanygirl Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So yeah, this is awsome. For over a week I have been wondering where my stipend was, now I know. I go to log in and I've been bumped to silver. And btw it took the 1 dollar B.S.
  • skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm still waiting for an actual Fix, with an address to those like me removed from the special 3 month sub rate. as well as being able to log in and confirm i got my damn iron swan AF from that PTS playtest where they were giving people an AF for helping out.
  • zolandarzolandar Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They told me I was supposed to be fixed Friday, but wasn't. Curiously It looks like my number of days subscribed is increasing though my subscription status is inactive. I can't help but wonder if that is the case for everyone and these days of inactive status is actually being deducted from what we've paid for. I'll be double checking the dates.

I find it insulting that they thank me repeatedly for being patient in the canned response. We consider this an all-hands-on-deck super-high-priority nobody-goes-home-till-its-solved issue, but what were getting is a low priority thing they'll get to. Sometime. Eventually. Maybe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Formerly @CentralNexus in CoX -- as Flagborn, Doctor Futura, Fast Neutrino, Accoustix, etc.
    edited July 2013
    From my earliest contact from PWE Support:
    Hello Devin

We sincerely apologize for the confusion regarding our initial response we sent to you.

We recently experienced an issue with Star Trek Online and Champions Online subscriptions which was causing some subscription payments to fail. As subscription funds were not being received, the subscription was automatically cancelled and a stipend was not granted to the account. This was affecting both new and old subscribers.

The great news is we have been informed that this issue has been resolved. You should be able to reactivate your subscription at this time using the payment method you have used in the past. As no funds were captured during this time, you should not be charged multiple times.

Your can reactivate your subscription using the following link here: http://co.perfectworld.com/gold

Please let us know if you have any further questions. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding.

Just thought I should share what was going on since we weren't hearing much from PWE. And yes, the typo confirms they aren't robots. :biggrin:

From my understanding of this message, they are insisting that we restart the subscriptions ourselves, meaning they may not be returning them to us. On the bright side, this should mean that no wallets were harmed during this little mishap. Can't wait for them to announce what compensation we will be getting, if any. And I'm sure something somewhere in the ToS should be preventing me from Copy/Pasting Customer Service responses, but oh well!

edited July 2013
    From my earliest contact from PWE Support:

Just thought I should share what was going on since we weren't hearing much from PWE. And yes, the typo confirms they aren't robots. :biggrin:

From my understanding of this message, they are insisting that we restart the subscriptions ourselves, meaning they may not be returning them to us. On the bright side, this should mean that no wallets were harmed during this little mishap. Can't wait for them to announce what compensation we will be getting, if any. And I'm sure something somewhere in the ToS should be preventing me from Copy/Pasting Customer Service responses, but oh well!

Can't wait for them to announce they'll restore issues with the 3month for $30 subs that have been rendered void from this mishap, but my CS reply told me they won't.
    edited July 2013
    Thats funny cuz i was charged for the 3month thing as i can see in my libreta(idk how u call that in english...its a lil book that comes with ur credit card that logs any transactions) and i WILL NOT pay again as i already payed.
  • dr490nbr347hidr490nbr347hi Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Got my stipend today.

@dr490nbr347hi / Playing since January 25, '11
    Display normal Internet behavior. Come and make fun (yes, make fun) of my PRIMUS page.
    edited July 2013
    Thats funny cuz i was charged for the 3month thing as i can see in my libreta(idk how u call that in english...its a lil book that comes with ur credit card that logs any transactions) and i WILL NOT pay again as i already payed.

Just for da lulz i payed for a month to c how much time will pass till it bumps me down again xD imma update this once it bumps me down

Current status: active

Couple of hours l8r im STILL GOLD :O... Could it be..??
    edited July 2013
    Just for da lulz i payed for a month to c how much time will pass till it bumps me down again xD imma update this once it bumps me down

Current status: active

Couple of hours l8r im STILL GOLD :O... Could it be..??

Yeah, so now your 1month works. so when they check, they'll glance at the latest sub, tell you it's working fine and then you waste time trying to explain the issue was with the 3month sub and by that time they start giving you automated responses.
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So... Wasn't there some talk about compensation over this? I got hit for 2 subs at the very end of my pay period, randomly, and it kinda hurt. I had to resub a few people repeatedly. This was a pain in the ****. It'd be cool if we got some word on something shiny to make up for it.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited July 2013
    So... Wasn't there some talk about compensation over this? I got hit for 2 subs at the very end of my pay period, randomly, and it kinda hurt. I had to resub a few people repeatedly. This was a pain in the ****. It'd be cool if we got some word on something shiny to make up for it.

If it makes you feel any better... The 7/11 Disconnects thread has been edited in the title to say RESOLVED. So given the fact this thread was not edited in title yet, we know for a fact it's not resolved. Now that we know it's not resolved, we can remain bitter in the fact we know Cryptic don't give a damn
  • blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Kind of hoping they'll start offering the 3 month again at the very least. Not that I was affected. I let my sub run out in June before all of this started hitting and I want to get back in! But I hope you guys get something special for putting up with it.

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
  • crosnightcrosnight Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    blumoon8 wrote: »
    Kind of hoping they'll start offering the 3 month again at the very least. Not that I was affected. I let my sub run out in June before all of this started hitting and I want to get back in! But I hope you guys get something special for putting up with it.

yea it wont let me get it again: it was "buy and you get too keep it at that rate" want it?

also my days sub keeps raising still yet still inactive... I WANT MY GOLD TOONS, they have all mah cool stuff :c and im not paying for something i already bought... the fact that it keeps raising makes it feel like the charge went through
  • slowecsl4pweslowecsl4pwe Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I know a few others posted about the mention of "compensation" , but I haven't heard a thing yet. I was afflicted with this for 1 1/2 months and was wondering if any word has come down from on high yet as to what this will involve?

Thanks

Apathy is on the rise, but nobody seems to care.
    edited July 2013
    I know a few others posted about the mention of "compensation" , but I haven't heard a thing yet. I was afflicted with this for 1 1/2 months and was wondering if any word has come down from on high yet as to what this will involve?

Thanks

I've been stuck waiting sine the start of this too, it feels like this has already been swept under their rug and don't care anymore, but expect us to renew at the current prices, even if you had a cheaper rate before the glitch
  • peerlessgrlpeerlessgrl Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is really getting kind of ridiculous. I only realized this happened because a friend has better search-fu than I do, and bothered to check the forums. Then I looked back and realized I was last billed on 03-29, so should've been billed on 06-29 to 06-30, but wasn't (I didn't notice, because I don't watch my CC charge hits THAT closely). But I'd still been fine playing my main on the night/morning of 07-09/07-10. Then I woke up to a notice as of 06:58AM EDT on 07-11 that my account had expired. At first I thought it was a phishing/hacking issue, so I logged in manually and checked, sure enough it had expired. I immediately sent a rather displeased note to support (marking it as a billing/account issue) then got a reply within 3-4 hours that they were "forwarding the request to the Billing Department" (despite the fact that's the option I chose when I sent the request). I haven't heard a thing since, even allowing for the weekend that's 2-3 days now, meanwhile I can't play (as all of my characters are freeform, and thus, locked out).

Between that and the emote issue disabling /em (as I'm a role-player) why play anyway? I should note I'm one of those with the special $29.99/3 Month rate, and really that rate's the only reason I can even afford to maintain my sub, if I don't get it back, I'm probably done playing. At the very least they should re-open it anyway as an anniversary thing (as CO's anniversary is coming up or has just passed I think, as far as launch goes). That and/or a discounted lifetime would be nice (STO has already had one discounted LT sub option, and I haven't seen it for CO in quite a long time, since before CoH was murdered). I updated my ticket suggesting to support that it simply be re-opened for the anniversary, or a discounted lifetime option be offered, but as I said, I've heard nothing.

This whole thing is being handled extremely unprofessionally. I'm beginning to harbor dark thoughts that either we're being put lower on the priority scale because we're not gold account holders (except we are, and would be were it not for PWI/Visa screwing up). Or that CO is simply lower on the "totem pole of importance" than STO and NW, or a combination of the two. Trailturtle, have you all reached a decision yet on what to do? The longer this takes, the more upset I'm getting, and I'm NOT going to re-sub until a decision is reached regarding the special rate, as I won't then have that used as an excuse to say "well, we'd set you back up, but you've already re-subbed at the current rate so..."). There's where we stand.
    edited July 2013
    Between that and the emote issue disabling /em (as I'm a role-player) why play anyway? I should note I'm one of those with the special $29.99/3 Month rate, and really that rate's the only reason I can even afford to maintain my sub, if I don't get it back, I'm probably done playing. At the very least they should re-open it anyway as an anniversary thing (as CO's anniversary is coming up or has just passed I think, as far as launch goes). That and/or a discounted lifetime would be nice (STO has already had one discounted LT sub option, and I haven't seen it for CO in quite a long time, since before CoH was murdered). I updated my ticket suggesting to support that it simply be re-opened for the anniversary, or a discounted lifetime option be offered, but as I said, I've heard nothing.

At this point, I wouldn't consider the lifetime option unless it was 66% off and came with a double striped every month... They've screwed up badly, as much as I'm sure they'll point their grubby little fingers at someone else.

edited July 2013
    Wow still nothing? This is still not fixed? xD Oh wait they were too busy renaming /emote to /emote_ ... Nvm my bad :)
    edited July 2013
    This system is still broken as hell...

I just renewed last night, today i'm inactive again, but this time, i'm also missing the same amount of money it would have cost as well. What the ****?

On top of that... i have 4 emails all saying the same thing from cryptic., my gold expired today, at the same time... What? what it just make multiple attempts to renew and took all my money? -.-
    edited July 2013
    Well im paying for the 1 month thing and it seems like its working haven't had any problems for now
  • hayte33hayte33 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i've been resubbed for a month and a few days now (2 payments) and i haven't seen a stipend for either payment
  • moxutezmoxutez Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am currently going through the stipend mess as well.

You get the robo-emails saying there has been issues. But they try to make it personal by adding "this account included" like someone actually checked on it. Also, their reply is "well, there was a mix up in April, people got double/triple (up to 1500 zen) stipends, so to fix, we aren't handing them out now"

I replied with facts:
    April 500z
    May 500z
    June 500z

Ok, theres your 1500. I resubbed on July 17th, a new 3 month cycle, your old "you got too much zen" doesn't apply anymore, that has come and gone and run its course. I resubbed now a week ago, and the best I got from them was "wait 10 days"

3 more days to go before... probably more nothing!
    Thanks for... nothing!
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Posts: 7,829
    edited July 2013
    Hi Champions!

Thanks for your patience as we worked out the last few edge cases. This issue is now resolved and impacted players' subscriptions should now be corrected and compensated. If you have any additional questions or concerns regarding your subscription or this issue in particular, please reach out to our Billing Team - they would be happy to assist.

Thank you so much for your continued support, and we'll see you in-game!

- The Champions Online Team