test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crashing with no Cryptic error LOOK HERE

124»

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    A am playing Steam demo and the game randomly crashes to desktop with windows 7 "GameClient.exe stopped working" error. The game crashes after 1-30 minutes of gameplay.

My gameprefs file: http://rapidshare.com/files/419986656/GamePrefs.pref

My DxDiag:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/420158836/DxDiag.txt

Ticket № 975395.

P.S. I was planning to buy full version, but now :confused:...
    edited September 2010
    There's a pretty good chance that it's a problem with either heat or power, or else an unstable overclock. What power supply do you use? Give the brand name and model, not just the nominal wattage.
    DxDiag wrote:
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (4 CPUs), ~4.0GHz

If you're overclocking and having problems with a program crashing, then it can be good to undo the overclock and see if that fixes it.
    DxDiag wrote:
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480

I hope that's not the reference card, as those are death by overheating waiting to happen. This game seems to push Nvidia cards harder than most. That's one card, I hope, and not an SLI setup?

Also, you've got a system that could put out 500-600 W under heavy load, which will run vastly hotter than most gaming systems. What case do you have? Are you liquid cooling anything, or is everything air cooled?
    edited September 2010
    Quaternion wrote:
    There's a pretty good chance that it's a problem with either heat or power, or else an unstable overclock. What power supply do you use? Give the brand name and model, not just the nominal wattage.

If you're overclocking and having problems with a program crashing, then it can be good to undo the overclock and see if that fixes it.

I hope that's not the reference card, as those are death by overheating waiting to happen. This game seems to push Nvidia cards harder than most. That's one card, I hope, and not an SLI setup?

Also, you've got a system that could put out 500-600 W under heavy load, which will run vastly hotter than most gaming systems. What case do you have? Are you liquid cooling anything, or is everything air cooled?

CPU overclock is stable and works fine in other games. I've tested it for burn in LinX pack. No overheating here, not even near.

As for PSU: Chieftec CFT-750-14C (750W). It's enough for my system.

GTX 480 is a reference one for now. I've tested it for burn in FurMark with stable temperature 91C. It was working stable for 10 minutes +. I don't think that Champions Online will heat my 480 to maximum. Though I can check that witn MSI Afterburner.

Everything is air cooled. I am planing to install water cooling soon.

As for the case and other stuff before you ask:

CPU: Intel Core i7 920 @ 4.0GGhz
    CPU cooler: Thermalright Venomous X + х2 Thermalright TR-FDB-12-1300 (12 cm)
    Motherboard: ASUS P6T Deluxe v2 (Intel X58)
    RAM: 6144Mb (х3 2048Мб Kingston HyperX KHX1800C9D3T1KX/6GX DDR3-14400 1800MGhz)
    Video: Gainward GeForce GTX480 1,5Gb PCI-E
    HDD: x2 Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1Tb SATA-2 (NTFS)
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 400Gb SATA-2 (NTFS)
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 250Gb SATA-2 (NTFS)
    DVD-RW: Pioneer DVR-216D SATA
    Chasis: CM Storm Sniper Black Edition (х3 20cm fans, x1 12cm fan)
    PSU: Chieftec CFT-750-14C (750W)

I really don't think that it's a hardware issue. I am playing in Bad Company 2, Team Fortress 2, Oblivion with high res textures mod, World of tanks beta without any problems.
    edited September 2010
    If the CPU overclock is Linpack stable, then it shouldn't have any problems with Champions Online. Champions Online can't manage to push all four cores at once, either.

One of the nasty things about the GTX 480 is that it doesn't just get hot in stress tests but not real games. It gets dangerously hot in real games, too. And this game manages to push Nvidia cards harder than most for some reason (and doesn't do the same to AMD cards, oddly enough). A number of people with Nvidia cards have insisted that their cards were fine because they worked with other games, but this one managed to push the card over the edge. Add in a card that's prone to overheat to begin with and you've got a recipe for trouble.

You can check directly to see if your video card is actually overheating. You should monitor temperatures for quite a while in this game, with various characters, zones, and so forth, and also see what happens to the GPU temperature after you've been playing for quite a while.

Fortunately, your case should offer plenty of airflow. Unless you've done something goofy with it, such as pushing it up against a wall to block fans, it should keep the interior of the case pretty cool. Maybe not so much the room with a space heater of a machine, but that's a different matter.

I'd worry about the power supply, though. I wouldn't buy a Chieftec in the first place. Apparently the one you've got is a rebranded Channel Well, so it should be good enough quality. There's still the question of whether it can handle the wattage, though. It has four +12 V rails, but is only rated at 18 A on each, which comes to 216 W. Your processor with that overclock might well use more than that under heavy load, which would be running the power supply outside of the rated specifications.

It looks like your power supply may only have a 4-pin CPU power connector, not an 8-pin. If that's the case, it's trouble. I wasn't able to find the wattage that a 4-pin connector is able to handle, but they switched to 8-pin for a reason. A 50% overclock on a processor that uses a lot of power to begin with is probably running that way out of spec, and dangerous. If you have a real 8-pin CPU power connector on the power supply (an adapter doesn't count!), then it might be all right.

The 8-pin connector for the video card could use around 150 W, too. That's fine so long as it's the only thing on its rail, but if there's also a 6-pin connector on the same +12 V rail, then that's a big, big problem.

I'd check the instruction manual to see how the power is distributed among the rails. You want the 8-pin CPU power connector and the 8-pin PCI-E power connector to each have a +12 V rail all to themselves. Presumably the 6-pin PCI-E connector and the 24-pin motherboard connector should be on the other two rails, with some other minor stuff perhaps sharing those rails a bit. Apparently the power supply is modular, so it gives you a chance to screw that up. Hopefully you've already checked the rail distribution (you seem to be pretty well informed about what you have), but if not, then you should do so immediately.

Even if the power supply can handle a heavy load on one rail, it can't necessarily handle a heavy load on all rails at once. Higher power draw through the power supply in total degrades the output somewhat. More heat being released inside the power supply is also a problem, as power supplies don't run as well at high temperatures.

If you think it might be a weird driver issue, then you can try running the game in safe mode in the launcher. That will force all graphical settings to the absolute minimum as long as safe mode is on, without permanently changing any of the settings, so that you get all of your normal graphical settings back as soon as you turn off safe mode. I'd expect that to probably prevent the crashes, as it will greatly ease the load on both the CPU and video card. I'm not saying to leave safe mode on permanently, but it's a way to test.
    edited September 2010
    I'll test the 480 for overheating in CO as soon as I have some time. That's for sure. But I haven't heard the fan speeding up to max while playing CO and that probably means that the temperature was less than 95C.

My case isn't covered in any way. It stands quite in the open with plenty of space from all sides except the rear. So there is no problem with that for sure.

I've tested my 480 in 3Dmark Vantage today at performance settings and even with 100Mhz OC. It is working stable with 93C max during the test run.

I've bought this Chieftec PSU after Thermaltake 600W failed to provide enough power for GeForce GTX 280 and overclocked Core2Duo E6600 system. And Chieftec was working fine. Before buying 480 I've studied the subject and was reassured that my PSU will do for such system.

It has 8 pin 12V motherboard connector. But maybe it's a 4+4 dividable. I don't remember about the rails distribution for 12V connectors. I'll study this subject.

I am planning to buy 1200W (or more) PSU for SLI of two 480 soon.
    edited September 2010
    There's a big difference between saying that a power supply "can handle your computer at stock settings" and "can handle your computer with heavy overclocks to both the CPU and the GPU".

If you're going to put multiple reference GeForce GTX 480s in SLI, then you'd better liquid cool them.

Also, Northern Islands is coming soon, with the Barts launching in about a month, and Cayman and Antilles due before the end of the year. It's likely that the top Cayman-based card (rumors say that's the top chip) will beat a GeForce GTX 480 pretty handily in performance, while also using far less power. It will assuredly cost less to produce, making it about as clear of a victory for AMD as you can get.

And then Nvidia just yesterday announced that their own new architecture of Kepler is coming... in the second half of 2011. And that's if all goes well for Nvidia, which it won't. The same slide listed Fermi as launching in 2009; back in the real world, the first cards were available for sale in April 2010.

If you're going really high end on power requirements, you'd better get a good power supply to match. Both Thermaltake and Chieftec offer power supplies of widely varying quality, making it hard to tell what you're getting. A Corsair AX1200 or Antec TruePower Quattro 1200 W (TPQ-1200) should have plenty of power for your needs if you go with GTX 480s in SLI.
    edited October 2010
    I thought about posting my info (crash dump, etc), but I know it would be a complete waste of my *&^$#$ time. I started playing this game back in beta. At a certain point in development crashes started to become a serious problem, and that problem was never fixed. I have upgraded every *&^$%&*$^ piece of hardware in my system, upgraded my @#$%^&* OS to Windows 7 x64... and BIG SURPRISE!!!! Nothing has changed. Oh sure, my system runs smooth as silk for anything I throw at it, even Champions Online with the settings maxed out. But no matter where I put the settings, it is inevitable that this failure of a product will either:

A) Simply end execution, returning me to the desktop, with no error message or anything,
    B) End execution with a GameClient.exe failure message,
    C) End execution and deliver a Cryptic error report box,
    D) BSOD, with assorted error code, or
    E) Completely freeze the entire system, require a hard reboot.

Fortunately the last two are a rare exception nowadays, but this is @#$%^&* ridiculous! And there is no method to the madness. I've had crashes happen within SECONDS of starting the client, or I've been able to play for several minutes (30 or more) with not a single crash. Unfortunately, it seems when the crashes start happening more quickly, it's almost assured that I should just stop trying to play the @#$%^&* game for the rest of the night, cuz the crashes are just gonna continue to rapidly occur.

FIX THIS @#$%^&* GAME, CRYPTIC!!!

Thank you.

Sincerely,
    Frustrated out of my damned mind

Similar to my experiences. My subscription runs out at the end of October, so I won't bother finding a solution now, but this is my story:
    1. Had an XP Pro system with an Asus P5Q Pro mobo, dual core and Nvidia GTX260 that handled CO just fine until a patch a couple of months after realease. Logitech G15 keyboard, 19" HP monitor and Logitech G5 mouse. Eventually that motherboard went "pop" during a CO session and I sent it back to the retailer. Got a P5Q Premium replacement and did a clean reinstall. Set that machine aside as a backup and started building a better one:
    2. Built a new machine with Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit. Asus P6T Deluxe V2, quad core, Nvidia GTX470 and a 750w Corsair power supply in their new 800D Obsidian chassis. New peripherals as well: LG 24" WS monitor, Mionix Naos 5000 mouse and Deck "Ice" keyboard. Handled CO well, but with the occasional sudden crashes, which seemed to get worse after every patch. Last month the mobo went "pop" during a CO session and had several sudden reboots before that. Sent it back to the retailer and am now waiting for a replacement.
    3. Now back on my old rig. Win XP Pro, GTX260. Firefox, Steam and CO installed. Nothing else. Crashing a lot, especially when switching instances, or upon exiting the game. Sometimes with the Cryptic error handler popping up, sometimes not, a couple of times BSOD.
    Just installed three other online games and have no problems, so the choice is simple for me: Rather than look for possible causes, I'll quit playing CO when my subscription runs out next weekend.

[EDIT:] One more thing. I've spent quite a lot of time on the PTS and never crashed there.[/EDIT]
    edited October 2010
    Attach DxDiag files and let's see what you've got. What power supply does the older computer have?

And if you were having problems with bad hardware, then why'd you get a GTX 470 that is known for running dangerously hot and violating the PCI Express specifications by pulling too much power through too few cables?
    edited November 2010
    Tired to Log In and Game Cryptic Errored Out at least 5 times before I gave up.

I just bought the lifetime membership too.

What's going on???

Thanks you Admins and Staff.

QM
    edited November 2010
    Attach your DxDiag file and let's see what you've got.
    edited November 2010
    N-Ferno wrote:
    I'm running Windows 7, my PC doesn't get the blue screen , but once in a while the screen just freezes including what ever sound it was making during the freeze and I have to hard reset it to get out of it..

Basically the exact same thing is happening to me. I have uploaded the dxdiag, crash log and game prefs per the instructions.

I have Windows 7 64bit Home Premium, all the latest updates. ATI 4800 series video card, all the latest drivers. Not running any other software in the background. This is a very clean system.
    edited November 2010
    capt_kurt wrote:
    Basically the exact same thing is happening to me. I have uploaded the dxdiag, crash log and game prefs per the instructions.

Where did you upload them? I don't see them.
    edited November 2010
    I have recently (within the past week or so) begun experiencing BSOD errors when playing Champions Online. The error message is not consistent; the last one was "page fault in nonpaged area," but I've also seen "IRQ not less or equal" and one or two others. I had previously played CO for a month or two with no errors, but now almost every session ends in a BSOD within ten or fifteen minutes of starting play. The only systemic thing I am aware of that changed was one of the other games I installed upgraded DirectX from DX10 to DX11. Attached is a newly-generated dxdiag.txt.
    edited November 2010
    Does it always take the game several minutes to crash your computer, or does it sometimes get in and immediately crash? If it's consistently taking several minutes, it could easily be a case of overheating. You've got hardware that puts out a lot of heat, and if it's not properly ventilated, the interior of the case heats up and then hardware overheats and malfunctions.

How many case fans do you have total, and how are they configured? That is, how many are blowing air into the case and how many are blowing air out? Also, what power supply do you have? Give the exact brand name and model, not just the nominal wattage.

One other thing I'd worry about is that your hard drive is about 97% full. It's probably not full enough to cause crashes, but it is full enough to seriously hurt performance--and your hard drive is pretty slow to begin with. You've probably got a lot of junk on there that you could delete, and then defragment the drive. This won't fix the crashing, but it will make the computer more responsive.
    edited November 2010
    I've never seen it crash immediately. It seems more prone to crashing when playing my level 35 character in Vibora Bay than in other zones; last night I played in Canada and Serpent Lantern for an hour or more without issue.

I have two case fans, both blowing air out. My power supply is a Corsair TX650W.

How do you account for the fact that I played CO for over a month before this issue just appeared overnight?
    edited November 2010
    Two fans aren't very many for a system that will easily put out 300 W at heavy load. Do you happen to know how big of fans they are?

There are a number of reasons why hardware can degrade as it ages. Dust accumulates, capacitors age, thermal cycling loosens connections, electromigration adds up, etc. The first thing I'd try is opening up your case to see if there's a lot of dust. If there is, that might be the complete problem right there. Make sure to check for dust in or on the video card, in particular.

If your case has the appropriate holes, you might want to add more case fans, too. If it's two 200 mm fans, you're fine. If it's two 120 mm fans, that's not that much airflow. If it's 80 mm fans, it's woefully inadequate.

You can check to see if it's an overheating problem pretty directly by running FurMark. Leave it running for several minutes and see how hot the card gets. If it crashes your system, then you've probably got an overheating problem. If it touches 100 C, shut it down immediately so you don't kill anything. I'd check for dust first, though.

Your power supply shouldn't be the problem, assuming it's not defective. I had to ask because some people have cheap junk power supplies that are the problem, and it doesn't show up in a DxDiag file.
    edited November 2010
    Quaternion wrote:
    Where did you upload them? I don't see them.

I uploaded per the instructions to the FTP site. capt_kurt.zip
    edited November 2010
    capt_kurt wrote:
    I uploaded per the instructions to the FTP site. capt_kurt.zip

Giving the name of the file without a link to it doesn't do a bit of good. Either attach it to the forum or give a link to it.
    edited November 2010
    Quaternion wrote:
    Giving the name of the file without a link to it doesn't do a bit of good. Either attach it to the forum or give a link to it.

I think the poster was letting Cryptic support know he uploaded the desired information to the FTP site. Which all the information about it is on the first page of this thread. If you go to ftpcorp.crypticstudios.com
    and put int he login and password listed on front page his file is listed. No way you can attach a 80 meg file to the forum.
    edited November 2010
    I just ran FurMark for 5 minutes in stability test mode. GPU temp rose from a starting 50 degrees C to a maximum 92 degrees before settling back to 90 degrees. When I opened the case to check for dust, there was a very light coating, but nothing that seemed to interfere with anything. I blew most of it out. My case has no additional fan ports.
    edited November 2010
    Try running the game in safe mode. That's an option you can select in the game launcher. That will force your settings to the absolute minimum, so if it's a video setting that your system doesn't like, that will fix it. That should also prevent crashing in case of heat or power issues. Go to Vibora Bay or wherever it crashes you, and see if it still crashes in safe mode. Report back here whether it still crashes.

Obviously, you don't want to run the game in safe mode forever, as your hardware should be able to handle higher settings. This is just a test, as it can rule out a bunch of settings issues at once.

I'd also try running memtest86+ and see if that returns any issues with your system memory.
    edited November 2010
    I just played for over an hour in safe mode, with no crash.
    edited November 2010
    That's interesting. Download memtest86+ and run it and see if it finds anything wrong with your system memory. That's a free download.

If it doesn't, then it may yet be a heat or power issue of some sort, as the video card isn't the only thing that can have such problems, though it is the most likely culprit. You may simply have to turn settings down to keep the system from crashing. At minimum, I'd turn on vertical sync if it isn't already on.

Have you tried to really aggressively max video settings? If so, then turning a few things down to more reasonable settings may be enough. For example, if you're using 8x AA, then turn it down to 4x. I'd turn depth of field off as well.

You've also got a slightly overclocked processor. It's a slight enough difference that it's unlikely to be a problem, but it's conceivable that that could be causing instability.
    edited January 2011
    Yesterday downloaded a game, set, run. I enter my username and password, then click Start. The game starts to run, is the loading bar, but without reaching the end of the message. In what may be the problem?
    0c4c1dc013b8.jpg
    edited February 2011

German:

Mein spiel Crashte an einigen Orten im spiel (Tailor im Renessaince Center, reisen nach Canada und anderen Orten) I hab dann den Support gerufen und nach einigen tagen, sagten sie mir folgendes:

",,,gehe bitte zu dem Ordner, in dem Champions Online installiert ist und lösche den "Live" Ordner. Starte dann den Client wie gewöhnlich; das Spiel sollte nun automatisch aktualisieren... "

Ich hoffe es hilft euch auch.

English:

My Game Crashed on any Locations in Game (Tailor in Renessaince Center, Travel to Canada and other places). I Called the support and after few days they told me follows:

"...installed please go to the folder in the Champions Online is and delete the "Live" folder. Then restart the client as usual, the game should now automatically update.."

I hope it helps you too.
    edited February 2011
    capt_kurt wrote:

I have Windows 7 64bit Home Premium, all the latest updates. ATI 4800 series video card, all the latest drivers. Not running any other software in the background. This is a very clean system.

My man's system is having the same issue...was there a resolution to this?

He would walk along and then out of nowhere, freeze, the music/sound holds the note and he cannot do anything but hard reboot the system.

Please, please say there is a fix!!

Thanks in advance
    edited February 2011
    Start a new thread, explain the symptoms, and attach your DxDiag file. Also say what power supply you have.
    edited March 2011
    Smontr wrote:
    Yesterday downloaded a game, set, run. I enter my username and password, then click Start. The game starts to run, is the loading bar, but without reaching the end of the message. In what may be the problem?
    0c4c1dc013b8.jpg

What card do you have? This message sounds like you may have a card that doesn't support luminance alpha textures.

Dave
    edited April 2011
    how do u get the crash dump file?
    edited June 2011
    im having problems entering the champions hq i receive the same error :

Technical details : ./piggs/bins.hogg: Bin/Geobin/maps/mission/mil/mil_champions_interior.Zone/world_cells_deps.bins:Error decompresing data . verifying files in launcher blah blah

i done ot 8 times still no luck and i have created another character if its mine but it isnt so please help me with this
    edited June 2011
    I've been unable to log in to the game all day. I've tried both STO and CO neither works. The laucher simply crashes after i enter my username and password.

Tried launching the game executable without the launcher. Game runs fine. However when i try to login via ingame login screen i get a message stating that the Account Server failed to respond...

Everything worked fine yesterday...

My rig:
    Windows 7 Ultimate, fully updated
    12 GB DDR3 RAM
    Intel Core i7 930 2.8 Ghz cpu
    2x ATI HD6870 in crossfire setup
    Firefox 4.x
    IE 9
    edited June 2011
    if you have teamviewer and it is running shut it off. teamviewer will crash the game and other connection problems
    edited June 2011
    PegasusMD wrote:
    if you have teamviewer and it is running shut it off. teamviewer will crash the game and other connection problems

Yes. I Found out. Was going to post the solution tonight. Thanks though...
    edited July 2011
    I've been crashing a lot the past two days, but only get the error half the time. It seems like the game is chugging along since the Thursday patch as well. It was so nice having post-processing working properly again on Wednesday, but then more issues arise...for me at least.
    edited August 2011
    I have this problem where i log in and it say cryptic and then stops and doesnt load, then it comes up with an error to do with the patch. I have tried it over 10 times today and have even re installed the game but i still get nothing. IT WAS FINE YESTURDAY!
    edited August 2011
    Hi

This is happening to my computer indefinitely. When I ever I try to play Champions Online, a couple of minutes into the game and the screen goes to sleep. But, the computer is still running. Although, I do usually hear the game freeze. But I guess that's just it crashing. Does anyone know how to rectify this issue? It seems to be a widespread issues with all types of different online games. My techgeek has told me that it could possibly be the bandwith or something of that nature. So, if someone is able to rectify this situation that would be extremely helpful.

Sincerely, Energetica
    edited August 2011
    Hi, I have a problem , I'm spanish, I know a few of english, well I go to say my problem:

I open the Champions Online shorcut , and He says a message of an error:

Crypticerror: Oops!

Oops! Your Cryptic Application has crashed. To help us out, please indicate what was going on
    at the time of the crash, while we gather information.

Error Ticket ID: 11487927

Please I don't know very english, but help me please, I want to play this game, I'm new.

Regards ;).
    edited August 2011
    Prismatico wrote:
    I've been crashing a lot the past two days, but only get the error half the time. It seems like the game is chugging along since the Thursday patch as well. It was so nice having post-processing working properly again on Wednesday, but then more issues arise...for me at least.

same here, i've been playing for over a year with no crashes, but since the new patch i get the game crashing in less than 5 minutes after i am in it.
    edited August 2011
    hraughr wrote:
    same here, i've been playing for over a year with no crashes, but since the new patch i get the game crashing in less than 5 minutes after i am in it.

The Staffs are fixing the game? or what? I'm new, I download the game, and I open this, I put the name and password and before giving Submit I get the error or sometimes even before you put the name and password.

Are a patch or something to fix this error? Please read this and say me :( , I want to play this game, like cool.
    edited August 2011
    Hi, I have a problem , I'm spanish, I know a few of english, well I go to say my problem:

I open the Champions Online shorcut , and He says a message of an error:

Crypticerror: Oops!

Oops! Your Cryptic Application has crashed. To help us out, please indicate what was going on
    at the time of the crash, while we gather information.

Error Ticket ID: 11487927

Please I don't know very english, but help me please, I want to play this game, I'm new.

The Staffs are fixing the game? or what? I'm new, I download the game, and I open this, I put the name and password and before giving Submit I get the error or sometimes even before you put the name and password.

Are a patch or something to fix this error? Please read this and say me , I want to play this game, like cool.

I'm new, I saw images and videos, I want to play now, please say me what I can do to play this game :confused::( .

Regards .
    edited September 2011
    Energetica wrote:
    Hi

This is happening to my computer indefinitely. When I ever I try to play Champions Online, a couple of minutes into the game and the screen goes to sleep. But, the computer is still running. Although, I do usually hear the game freeze. But I guess that's just it crashing. Does anyone know how to rectify this issue? It seems to be a widespread issues with all types of different online games. My techgeek has told me that it could possibly be the bandwith or something of that nature. So, if someone is able to rectify this situation that would be extremely helpful.

Sincerely, Energetica

I'm having this same issue as is at least one other person I know. The game had been running great for months, no problems at all.. But now.. unless I turn the game down to low graphics settings, it will play fine for awhile and then bam.. screen goes off and the only way to bring it back is to reboot.

I'm running with an Nvidia GTX 470 and Vista

This has been going on for a while now.. 2 months? Maybe.. I'm not sure when it started.
    edited September 2011
    Well this is whats up i had the game working tho steam yester day for about two hours then went to work and shut down my laptop came back last night to play agin and i clicked on the icon and it would not start up so i reinstalled it and tryed agin still wont work so i looked in the file to see whats up and there was a thing in there call CrypticError that was not in there yester day i must have reinstall this game like 9 to 10 times but it keeps coming up ever time i click on the game icon if there is a way to fix this pleeeease help me i realy like this game it was my first time playing it yester day so please help me fix it

thanx

Bladeging
    edited November 2011
    Error : 1
    An error detected by the game,would you like verify all files?
    NOTE: This may take 10-20 minutes

Verify all files okey.
    Error : 2 Oops! your cryptic application has crashed... Error ticket id : 11552929

i can play create a new character, but i cant play my old charecters.

Dx diag

system Information
    Time of this report: 11/20/2011, 20:06:39
    Machine name:
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)

System Manufacturer: SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD.
    System Model: R540/R580/R780/SA41/E452
    BIOS: AMIBIOS Version 02KP.M006.20100816.LDG
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 370 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
    Memory: 3072MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 2986MB RAM
    Page File: 2592MB used, 3378MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode

DxDiag Notes
    Display Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
    Input Tab: No problems found.

DirectX Debug Levels
    Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
    DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

Display Devices
    Card name: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 545v
    Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
    Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x9553)
    DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9553&SUBSYS_C07F144D&REV_00
    Display Memory: 2255 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 1017 MB
    Shared Memory: 1237 MB
    Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor Name: Genel PnP Monitör
    Monitor Model: unknown
    Monitor Id: CMO1592
    Native Mode: 1366 x 768(p) (59.989Hz)
    Output Type: Internal
    Driver Name: aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx32,aticfx32,atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll
    Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.0024 (English)
    Driver Version: 8.732.0.0
    DDI Version: 10.1
    Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 5/5/2010 08:18:38, 584704 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    WHQL Date Stamp:
    Device Identifier: {D7B71EE2-D613-11CF-E577-75E0BEC2C535}
    Vendor ID: 0x1002
    Device ID: 0x9553
    SubSys ID: 0xC07F144D
    Revision ID: 0x0000
    Driver Strong Name: oem7.inf:ATI.Mfg.NTamd64.6.1:ati2mtag_M9x:8.732.0.0:pci\ven_1002&dev_9553&subsys_c07f144d
    Rank Of Driver: 00E60001
    Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C
    Deinterlace Caps: {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
    {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {3C5323C1-6FB7-44F5-9081-056BF2EE449D}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,2) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {552C0DAD-CCBC-420B-83C8-74943CF9F1A6}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,2) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(S340,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(S342,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    D3D9 Overlay: Not Supported
    DXVA-HD: Not Supported
    DDraw Status: Enabled
    D3D Status: Enabled
    AGP Status: Enabled
    edited November 2011
    look at your error , crash and shutdown log files located in the cryptic studios folder and in the /live/logs/gameclient folder for clues as to what file is crashing the game.

in the launcher option disable ondemand patching

delete that hogg file in the live/piggs or just delete all hogg files and have the launcher dowload new ones

you may have to disable your antivirus program before patching as some antivirus programs (like panda 2011 ) corrupts the hogg files on downloads.
    edited March 2012
    when i click play a black screen apears and few seconds later crashes plzz tell me what to do its my dream games champions online
    edited March 2012
    Do not hijack or resurrect old threads for new or personal issues, make your own new thread, completely describe the problem, and include your DXDiag.

Just some helpful advice.
    edited March 2012
    I logged onto champions for the first time in about a week, maybe a little longer and the game downloaded the latest patches. I played for about 15 minutes before running into the power house and reset my characters powers and the computer died. The screen went black for about 3 seconds then the power went off fans stopped, everything. Had to wait about 15+ seconds before I could even turn it back on.
    Logged back on hoping it was a fluke and game died just after logging on, I tried to select my powers and the computer shut off once more. Turned on computer, surfed for a while, left it running for several hours in case it wasn't champions, went back in and system shut down :(

My system is an MSI i5-430M with 2gb ddr3 laptop. I've been playing for ages on this system without problems till today...any ideas or tips would be appreciated.
    edited June 2012
    dj2ndrow wrote:
    I logged onto champions for the first time in about a week, maybe a little longer and the game downloaded the latest patches. I played for about 15 minutes before running into the power house and reset my characters powers and the computer died. The screen went black for about 3 seconds then the power went off fans stopped, everything. Had to wait about 15+ seconds before I could even turn it back on.
    Logged back on hoping it was a fluke and game died just after logging on, I tried to select my powers and the computer shut off once more. Turned on computer, surfed for a while, left it running for several hours in case it wasn't champions, went back in and system shut down :(

My system is an MSI i5-430M with 2gb ddr3 laptop. I've been playing for ages on this system without problems till today...any ideas or tips would be appreciated.

I'm noticing a lot more crashing over the past 2-3 weeks as well. Sometimes in Alerts. The other day I couldn't finish Resistance without launching the game in "safe" mode.

My problem appears to be over-heating -- using a cooling station and opening my laptop (even though it's connected to a monitor) seems to help a little.

This is also a new issue for me -- never had this problem on my old laptop, which was MUCH weaker than the one I'm currently running (current has 8g RAM and 1g video card). It also wasn't a problem on this laptop until a few weeks ago.

Don't know if they've put in new graphics that are making video cards work harder, but this was not an issue when I first bought this system or on my older (and weaker) system.
    edited June 2012
    if you found an awnser pls tell me
  • hunpolushunpolus Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry , i can't make threads so i ask here maybe somebody can help me:
    http://postimg.org/image/8858zpakr/