test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crashing with no Cryptic error LOOK HERE

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    It's a brand new machine, and I installed Windows 7 on a New drive that I had only been using for stoarge until Win7 launched. I Reformatted the drive as well to be safe, So the install should be completely clean.

I ran Memtest86 4.0 for over 14 hours last night and completed 15 passes, with no errors. I had tested my RAM Dimms individually when I was still using XP , so they've all been tested individually as well as together and no issues were found. If need be I will test them individually again now that i'm using Win7, but I don't see what could have changed, the Crash is the same.

My ram is rated at 1600, but the dump you have is at Bios Defaults, 1066. I have since adjusted my timings and voltage but still experienced a Hardlock Crash. (Complete system freeze, no Dump because I had to hard restart) So i'm not "Overclocking" I'm running the ram either at it's intended speed, or below. I am not overclocking any other hardware either, it's all stock.

My Bios is current as are all my other system drivers, however I did install Realtek audio drivers directly from the manufacturer today as a test. Asus provides it's own Realtek drivers through it's website (which is recommended) but I couldn't understand why they would be different so I gave the drivers directly from Realtek a shot.... So far i've been able to play all day without any issues. Maybe the audio drivers were the problem, or maybe I've just been lucky so far?

I'll keep you posted with any changes. and i'll look through those links.

Thanks for for the help!
    edited October 2009
    BrettJ,

Based on what you described, it does sound like the game was deadlocked, so I'll have someone look at the crash dump with that in mind. Thanks for the detailed description of what lead up to the crash report.

As for Windows showing a "magnified" look, what resolution are you playing the game in? I assume full screen, relatively low resolution? If you run full screen, and use say, 800x600 resolution, perhaps Windows did not restore your screen resolution when you forced yourself back to the desktop. It would normally do that if you deactivate a full-screen Direct3D game - and excuse the speculation here - perhaps the game being deadlocked somehow interfered with restoring the resolution.

Dave

Thx dave i appreciate all the help. I believe your speculation is correct, let me know what you or whomever looks at my dump finds, thanks again :)
    edited October 2009
    How might I get any kind of record for diagnostic given that most of the time it's just a clean drop to windows and the rest of the time it resets my whole computer? I mean this is infuriating; I got my girlfriend into the game a little while ago and now we can't even play together as I can't keep the program running for even 10 minutes, I can't do any of the blood moon content this way, the game is effectively unplayable and without any resolution I'm basically forced to cancel my subscription and forget about CO. :(
    edited October 2009
    The debugger shows that you are not using very much paged pool memory or other internal kernel resources, at least not compared to how much is available, so I don't think kernel memory pressure is the cause.

That shouldn't often happen in Windows 7 anyway. The paged pool is very rarely paged out now (only when the system is completely out of physical memory).
    edited October 2009
    Dave,

Just got another BSOD while playing Champions. the Error code seemed to be 0x0000003B but my event log says soething different, the crash screen also referenced "HTTP.sys" I am uploading a new FTP Dump right now.

I was attempting to use the new "Proxy" feature, in game. Dunno if that might have caused an issue.
    Since my last crash I have downgraded my video driver to 190.62 (as your recommended) and I've also changed my audio and network drivers.

I Appreciate the help
    edited October 2009
    Oh hey, actually got a Cryptic error prompt for once, hopefully that's not new and different due to the new patch, error code: 5630954, looks like it's now trying to send... not sure if I'm counting that right, is that a 535MB full dump? (535512548 bytes) Well, whatever the case, it'll be uploaded in about 4 hours.
    edited October 2009
    I don't usually threaten things like this, but this problem i have been having has been going on for about 2 weeks, and its been about a week and a half since i first reported it. Its not right that i cant play the game i am paying to play. I mean whats the pont of me paying for another month? And this is no way my fault, champions ran fine until the patch 3 weeks ago, so what gives? Dave thanks so much for your help so far, but i hope your not the only one trying to work out my issue (and everyone eases issue that is similar to mine)
    edited October 2009
    Dave,

I thought I would try an uninstall and reinstall of the game on my son's computer. We still have the same crash happening. However, I was able to get a Error # this time on the Fatal Error crash for you tor reference.

Error #: 5378482

He had merely adjusted the screen to widescreen (desktop) and put it to windowed mode. No other video settings were adjusted. Shorly after playing his game (5 minutes) the screen froze and popped with a Fatal Error and a "What were you doing?" message box. I posted in the box what he was doing flying around with his Jet Boots and that this was related to this series of posts.

Thanks again for you time with this situation. Hopefully some of those "fixes" that are being working on in the PTR will help with this.
    edited November 2009
    Well... if anyone figures anything out or cryptic does anything would someone send me a mail 'bout it as I'm no longer playing and won't be looking through the forums; I feel thoroughly let-down and am sick and tired of it. Best of luck to everyone else.
    edited November 2009
    I happened to see that there was a free weekend and was super excited about this, so I loaded up the game and started playing. While playing the computer would lock up completely. Black screen, sound would freeze and I would have to restart the PC. This happened about 5 or 6 times, then after the 6th time my NTLDR went missing and I have to repair windows. I ended up getting it all fixed and then turned off a bunch of video features and it ran fine for about 2 hours after that. Very frustrating and annoying because I actually want to purchase the game now, but I am a little hesitant with these issues.

Windows 7 Ultimate (all patches)
    Core 2 Duo @ 2.75 Ghz
    4GB DDR2 667
    ATI HD 4870 1GB (oct 22nd drivers)
    running at 1440 x 900 resolution

I really hope this gets fixed because I would love to buy the game. I just can't justify purchasing a game that might crash on me every 5 to 20 minutes or where I have to turn off video features to make it work. I would do the crash dump thing, but I am assuming that I will not be able to log in past 10am today and I just found the forum today.

Hope you guys get it fixed!
    edited November 2009
    Hi Everyone,

Just a quick update, I was out sick part of last week and I noticed we have a few more system crash dumps uploaded. I will be taking a look at those tomorrow. If you continue to experience crashes, please send in more of the crash reports, as it will make it more likely we can good information for Nvidia/ATI.

Dave
    edited November 2009
    Hi Everyone,

Just a quick update, I was out sick part of last week and I noticed we have a few more system crash dumps uploaded. I will be taking a look at those tomorrow. If you continue to experience crashes, please send in more of the crash reports, as it will make it more likely we can good information for Nvidia/ATI.

Dave

Sorry about that and welcome back :)

and dont worry you prolly have enough crash reports to work a good time :D

and thanks for posting :p
    edited November 2009
    Daylater,

If its a brand-new machine I tend to doubt that it's a bad memory or hardware. I have seen complaints from people of memtest not catching bad memory until say the 20th pass, but I have no experience using it personally. If you've just built the new machine yourself, are you certain the power supply is sufficient and voltage levels are "good?"

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-debugging/8322-0x0000003b-stop-message.html

The new stop code you indicated has some possibility that our game has sent in bad data to the user-mode part of the Nvidia driver, according to the posts in the link above, but I am not yet very familiar with the user-mode driver model. I am reading the latest Windows internals book, though, since I am looking into these levels of problems, so I'm probably going to become more familiar with it. Anyway, I suppose the proxy option might be related since HTTP.sys is a networking component, but I don't think we use HTTP connections at runtime, but I'm definitely not a networking guy!

Dave
    edited November 2009
    Hi Everyone,

Dave

Ok what about the rest of the staff and the launcher issue that was reported on Friday, which has persisted to the present time, and no word about since then? I gotta say Cryptics communication process is horrendous.
    edited November 2009
    What gives Cryptic I cannot even log into the game I enter my password and all it says is connecting no time out no loading patch nothing just sits there. And I agree with half the plaent in saying communication from your side of things still gets a grade "F". Is this a known issue or what??? I am paying you $15 a month to sit and do nothing thats just wonderful.
    edited November 2009
    Starlinis,

Thanks for sending the error tracker number. You are experiencing our number one graphics bug - including over the BSODs as we are actually less-frequent, sorry everyone who is! Although we believe some of those BSODs are probably related to the bug you are having.

Soooo... I'm working on it. We did push a change that should be on LIVE now, but I wouldn't expect that will fix the problems in your case. I definitely think you are running into kernel memory pressure problems, as indicated in the first couple posts in this thread.

I am going to think of some simple things you can do to try and work around this problem. My first suggestion is to turn down the world detail level in graphics settings. It looks like it's set to 100% right now, try 50%. That's definitely going to reduce the looks of things a bit, but it might help you stay running longer.

As for more technical things, our ATI contact had some suggestions that might help you, it's on the ATI forum. From ATI:

It’s possible that you’re running into a problem we’ve seen on other games. We’ve been seeing out of memory conditions caused by the system using up the available kernel paged memory. There are a couple of thing we’ve seen cause this. One problem is that the game is allocating too many resources. For each resource, the driver needs to allocate a certain amount of kernel paged memory, and eventually this can be used up. In recent drivers we’ve tried to cut back on the kernel memory overhead, but there will always be some overhead. The second cause we’ve seen is that for some unknown reason, systems are configured with too small of a kernel paged memory pool. Generally the size of the kernel memory pool should be based on system memory size, so we tend to see the bug on low memory systems (1GB or less). However, for some reason there are some systems with sufficient system memory but are configured with too little kernel paged memory pool. Possibly it happens when memory is added to a system after Windows was installed. A reinstall of Windows fixes this, but you can also adjust the kernel paged memory pool by editing a registry setting. There’s a thread on the AMD Game forum that describes how to fix this: http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=260&threadid=93502

End From ATi:

I hope this helps.

Dave
    edited November 2009
    Rabbiddog,

Launcher and server lag issues are not my area of the product, but I am certain other programmers are working on this. I will check up on this, though my follow up will be posted on the appropriate launcher/patcher/server status thread(s). I will also share your comments, and those from our other customers, that you would like more communication from us.

In general, please post about topics not related to system crashes in more-related threads. It's more likely someone from the appropriate part of the development team will see your messages or be posting there rather than here, as this is a thread very specific to system crashes. Also, if people put a lot of other stuff here, it's going to make it a lot more work for me to monitor and communicate about system crash issues, so thanks for cooperating!

Unlike everyone in Customer Service, I am fortunately dealing with a very limited (but difficult) subset of the issues being discussed on the forums. So I have the leisure of taking a little time to post a note to people who have sent in system crash dumps last week, to let them know I will definitely be looking at them, but have not yet been able to. I don't know if that is what you were referring to with your comment about the rest of our staff, but personally - this is not Cryptic Studios policy - I wouldn't expect our Customer Service people and GMs to post about their schedules, or respond more personally, since they have so much more to deal with.

Dave
    edited November 2009
    Gargothen,

I don't know if you will have noticed this or not, but does this have anything to do with when you are talking to NPCs?

Dave
    edited November 2009
    im still waiting for help btw please dont forget about me.
    edited November 2009
    Daylater wrote:
    I'm not sure what you're saying Dave. Did you not receive my Memory.dmp? or was there an issue with it.
    Or were you just referring to my post about "Freezing" and not having a new Memory.dmp upon re-boot?

My settings should be correct. But I increased the size just in case... please clarify what you meant for me.

I did get your first series of minidumps and your first full crash dump.

When I wrote my last post to you, it was because I thought there was a new upload from you, of another crash dump. Maybe I just didn't pay close enough attention to the dates on it. As I recall, the timestamp on the uploaded ZIP was newer than when I looked at your first full crash dump, and didn't have all the same files as the prior upload (this was on the 28th I think), but the MEMORY.DMP file inside had the exact same size and timestamp as the first full crash dump. So I was just wondering if you had attempted to upload another full crash dump but send the wrong file or something.

Dave
    edited November 2009
    BrettJ wrote:
    im still waiting for help btw please dont forget about me.

Your crash is still on my list.

Dave
    edited November 2009
    I just wanted to add to my crash issue that it seems to happen more frequently at different times, playing at prime time I can't stay in for more than five minutes or so, however playing on off hours like 5-6 in the morning EST it can sometimes go for an hour or two (but will still crash to desktop sooner or later). Have you noticed a similar trend at all Brett?

It also seems to happen slightly less if I'm in an instanced zone by myself, which would lead me to think it's graphics related, however that's still affected by the time of day as well and will still result in regular crashes even in a private instance if it's during prime time (say maybe every 10-15 minutes?), so I don't get it.
    edited November 2009
    My files should be in there somewhere, I uploaded it a few days ago.

Hopefully it gets fixed, I wanna play some more :P
    edited November 2009
    Dave,

Sorry it takes so long to test the suggestions. He does not get on 'til the weekends. Turned down the world details to 50% and still crashes. The machine has already been recently reformated and had a fresh install of Windows recently. Matter of fact, I've had to reformat that machine twice already and as such, I'm not too eager to follow that step listed by ATI to edit the registry settings as posted by a gaming site they referenced. I guess I'm kind of a stick in the mud about this, but I don't feel i should have to alter registry settings or run 3rd party software to bypass the video updates to run a game.

The machine did pop up with the "out of date" video warning this most recent attempt to play the game, but this could be because it's been a month since it has warned of that.

The most recent crash did not dump. It crashed to black screen and the laptop was completely unresponsive. I had to restart the machine.

Guess it's looking like he will be stuck playing on my husband's or my machine until we can afford to buy a new computer.

It's a shame that this was working on his machine until that fateful patch that killed it for him. *sighs* Guess this means that his STO game will not work when that is released. He has been very much looking forward to playing that game. But I assume it runs with much the same game engines and will likely have the same problems.
    edited November 2009
    OddSpongy wrote:
    My files should be in there somewhere, I uploaded it a few days ago.

Hopefully it gets fixed, I wanna play some more :P

OddSpongy,

I did get the ZIP file, but the dump file is much much smaller than I would expect, only 160K. The exact file size is 160,488 bytes. Also, it's not named as a normal Windows crash dump; the default is MEMORY.DMP. Did you upload the correct file? I was expecting full kernel dumps, which should be several hundred megabytes unzipped.

Dave
    edited November 2009
    Starlinis wrote:
    Dave,

It's a shame that this was working on his machine until that fateful patch that killed it for him. *sighs*

Guess this means that his STO game will not work when that is released.

Starlinis,

Which patch?

Unfortunately, there is some possibility STO will have the same problems. However, I will be working on this bug until we figure out what is going wrong, and the bug is fixed.

Dave
    edited November 2009
    Just wanted to add that I've since changed my graphics card from an geforce 7950gt to a geforce gtx 260 and am still getting crashes about every five minutes, though it seems to generating a cryptic error now so perhaps it's an entirely different problem as this piece of software has so many with so many pieces of hardware.

Anyway, I'm suuurre it's just our machines and Cryptic is totally doing right by us. I mean, look at all the people on the forums who've had these problems and they've since been fixed! ... :/

edit: oh, there's a regular old crash to desktop with no cryptic error, would seem things are the same as they've always been, ruling out the video card.
    edited November 2009
    Just wanted to add that I've since changed my graphics card from an geforce 7950gt to a geforce gtx 260 and am still getting crashes about every five minutes, though it seems to generating a cryptic error now so perhaps it's an entirely different problem as this piece of software has so many with so many pieces of hardware.

Anyway, I'm suuurre it's just our machines and Cryptic is totally doing right by us. I mean, look at all the people on the forums who've had these problems and they've since been fixed! ... :/

What driver are you using for the GTX 260? Plus sarcasm is not appreciated in this forum as we are all trying to help fix issues.
    edited November 2009
    What driver are you using for the GTX 260? Plus sarcasm is not appreciated in this forum as we are all trying to help fix issues.

The nvidia 191.07 drivers.

Pardon my frustration but as I started out having no problems on launch and over a month of paid time has since been swallowed up I'm just pretty freakin' unhappy.
    edited November 2009
    OddSpongy,

I did get the ZIP file, but the dump file is much much smaller than I would expect, only 160K. The exact file size is 160,488 bytes. Also, it's not named as a normal Windows crash dump; the default is MEMORY.DMP. Did you upload the correct file? I was expecting full kernel dumps, which should be several hundred megabytes unzipped.

Dave

Unfortunately that's the only dump file I could find. There was no MEMORY.DMP file, only that one in a "Minidumps" folder.

Unfortunately I'm out of game time and can't gather any more data. (I'm not really willing to pay for a game I'm unable to play. Hopefully you understand.)
    edited November 2009
    Starlinis,

Which patch?

Unfortunately, there is some possibility STO will have the same problems. However, I will be working on this bug until we figure out what is going wrong, and the bug is fixed.

Dave

I had to look back to my original post for a timeframe. This would be a patch that occured the week of October 4th - October 10th. He was able to play the game without incident on the weekend of October 3rd/4th, then the following weekend (October 10th), the crashes started happening. This was the date of my original post.

Thanks for asking.

Starlinis
    edited November 2009
    now am just crashing on the loading screen after the update...

called Thanks for the help am back playing
    Great work
    edited November 2009
    Oddspongy,

If you have a minidump, then at some point, you definitely had a system crash. In order to send us something with enough information to be very useful, you have to enable full kernel crash dumps. There are a few conditions: your page file has to be large enough to store the whole crash dump until Windows can reboot. Also, certain very low level crashes can prevent Windows from writing a crash dump at all. In particular disk driver problems such as code or memory corruption in the driver will prevent Windows from being able to write the crash dump.

If you continue to get system crashes with no MEMORY.DMP file, please see the first post for instructions on increasing your page file size to ensure you can get full dump. MEMORY.DMP is just the default filename, and it's possible to have Windows write the file elsewhere after the reboot, and you need enough space on the destination drive as well.

Thanks,

Dave
    edited November 2009
    Well there's like 4 crashes in 2-3 minutes, 1 in the character select, 1 shortly after logging in and teleporting along, next 1 before it loaded in and now one more seconds after logging in, which gave a cryptic error prompt but doesn't appear to be sending. I don't understand why it's getting worse. I still havn't gotten any word or suggestion Dave. What kind of service is this? What am I supposed to do here?
    edited November 2009
    They say the only stupid question is the one you don't ask :rolleyes:

Sooooo... In Implausible's OP, he states that you should compress the .dmp, dxdiag, and .pref files using a compression client such as WinZip or 7-Zip. Well, Windows 7 comes with a built in zip compressor. Is it okay to just use that, or am I going to get better compression out of one of those aforementioned files?

I generally prefer to NOT install a bunch of excess garbage on my computer unless absolutely necessary, so I'm hoping the built-in compression system included with Windows 7 will suffice.

Thanks for any input on the subject.
    edited November 2009
    We have been foresaken...
    edited November 2009
    Starlinis wrote:
    Thank you, Seamer. I know it's never good to run both such very intensive games at once. As I stated, the game was not started by myself or my son. I have no idea how it was running on the machine. All I know is that there was an incident of it appearing to run on the task bar after the Champion's game crashed. The Champions game was the only application started after the computer had been restarted. Nothing else was running at the time of CO being started. Then when the game crashed, there was Spore listed below. I hesitated to even post that it was seen, since I was sure someone would assume that I had started it. But wished to be thorough with what I observed on the screen.

I thought I was crazy, but I was having a similar problem on my system... CO was sometimes launching my Steam version of Spore. In addition, since installing CO, Spore has gone from running perfectly to frequent crashing. As much as others may think the whole idea of the two games somehow having crossover between them is ridiculous, it can actually happen, especially if they managed to walk over each other's keys somewhere in the registry.
    edited November 2009
    So.. I click the game and click play after patch update.. Still no game.. Screen goes black and freezes.. Here's DXDIAG info.. Any help would be great.. :
    System Information
    Time of this report: 11/26/2009, 06:24:38
    Machine name: THEJESTER-PC
    Operating System: Windows 7 Eternity™ 2009 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    System Model: M720-US3
    BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) X2 250 Processor (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 8190MB RAM
    Page File: 1398MB used, 19072MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode
    edited November 2009
    I am having the system reboot itself issue. This game and Crysis does it as well... your game engine wouldn't happen to be based on the CryEngine would it?

Also, what would be a good size page file, currently it's on auto and 3093mb.
    edited December 2009
    Well, after numerous tries during the Thanksgiving Free Play Weekend (since I'm not putting any more money into the game right now), I was unable to get Windows 7 to give me a MEMORY.DMP file, though I now have a few more minidumps.

My page file is set to over 5000 MB, and I have the dump file option set to full memory dump.

Not sure what else I can do here. Sorry, Cryptic.
    edited December 2009
    On last thursday I played most of the day and was perfectly fine, but since friday my computer has been crashing in about 10 minutes after I login. Seeing as this is the only problem I`ve had with the game so far I`ve been happy yet frustrated. Does anyone know how to fix this?
    edited December 2009
    Vizhon wrote:
    I thought I was crazy, but I was having a similar problem on my system... CO was sometimes launching my Steam version of Spore. In addition, since installing CO, Spore has gone from running perfectly to frequent crashing. As much as others may think the whole idea of the two games somehow having crossover between them is ridiculous, it can actually happen, especially if they managed to walk over each other's keys somewhere in the registry.

I'm filing a bug on this. Does it always launch Spore when you try and run CO? How are you launching CO?

Dave
    edited December 2009
    OddSpongy wrote:
    Well, after numerous tries during the Thanksgiving Free Play Weekend (since I'm not putting any more money into the game right now), I was unable to get Windows 7 to give me a MEMORY.DMP file, though I now have a few more minidumps.

My page file is set to over 5000 MB, and I have the dump file option set to full memory dump.

Not sure what else I can do here. Sorry, Cryptic.

Oddspongy,

Thanks for your persistence.

I would hope 5GB would be enough for a complete memory dump, but I believe the specific number is the amount of kernel memory in use plus 300MB or so. I would be surprised if your computer was using more than 5GB of kernel memory, and that would point at a leak of some sort, which is possible. Are you running 64-bit Windows 7?

Anyway, since it seems like you have the crash dumps options configured correctly, the only remaining things I know of that prevents Windows writing a crash dump are corruption of the disk IO drivers themselves, and access violations at high interrupt levels. Windows checks the disk drivers for corruption before writing the crash dump, and can't write the dump if the drivers were damaged, say by another driver overwriting some of the disk driver memory. This is all from the various Microsoft references I found which are listed in the first post in this thread. I know very little about the other condition, and in general, in looking at your problems in particular, I'm pretty much at the edge of my Windows programming experience, as I'm an applications programmer, not a kernel/driver programmer.

It may be useful for you to post the additional mini dumps. If you like, I will examine them and see if I can determine if you are not getting full crash dumps due to corruption of the disk driver.

Dave
    edited December 2009
    I wanted to post this as I see lots of other people having issues similar to what I was experiencing. Originally Champions ran fine for me, but over time it became less and less stable. It reached a point where it would be unusual for me to last 30 minutes without a crash. Sometimes I would crash with a Cryptic error, but most of the time I would crash straight back to the desktop.

I'm not sure what lead me down this path, but a forum post somewhere talked about possible errors in the pagefile.sys. I figured it couldn't hurt so I followed some directions on the MS site and set Windows to clear my pagefile at shutdown. Voil
    edited December 2009
    is this post still active or has procedure changed because the ftp login details dont seem to work.

ftp ftpcorp.crypticstudios.com
    Connected to ftpcorp.crypticstudios.com.
    220-Microsoft FTP Service
    This device is part of the Cryptic Studios Network.
    Unauthorized access is prohibited.
    Anonymous access is not allowed.
    For account problems, please contact IT@crypticstudios.com
    220 ***************************************************
    User (ftpcorp.crypticstudios.com:(none)): dumps
    331 Password required for dumps.
    Password:
    530 User dumps cannot log in, home directory inaccessible.
    Login failed.

My system hard locks and i gotta hold the power key to reboot.

I got the files where do i send them there 121mb zipped?

crashed again this BOSD windows recovered it and rebooted. got the crash files if there needed how do i get them to you?
    edited December 2009
    This thread dead now no replys from SuperCrypticDave?
    edited December 2009
    Apparently so, I for one will not be renewing any subscription. Having my computer just restart itself like this can't be good so, till cryptic does something they can keep this game.
    edited December 2009
    I have downloaded the Demo play to try out Champions.

My game crashes when it starts to search for/download the appropriate updated patch.
    edited December 2009
    I downloaded the Trail yesterday and the game crashes sometimes during character creation and during the game...Longest time it hasn't crashed was about 30 minutes.
    edited December 2009
    I bought the game back when it was released. It was freezing and there was some kid of looping sound issue. I installed a nVidia 9400 and a Rocket Fish sound card because I figured that couldn't hurt. The onboard sound was realtek anyway. I had issues with a lot of other games going the same thing so I figured it was just windows Vista.

I recently installed windows 7 on my machine and I can now get about an hour of play time before the pc freezes. Same scenario as before.

It lasted longer, but it still froze. I have to hold in the power button to reboot as the mouse and keyboard are not responsive as well.

What do you need me to send you to fix this issue? There is no bsod or game client crash.

(just re-read the first post and am not sure of what to send.)