test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crashing with no Cryptic error LOOK HERE

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Over the last few days I've started to have game crashes and a big drop in fps. I used to get 70+ dps all the time and now it's only around 40 fps or higher when in an instanced zone. The game will freeze and go into a sound loop when I'm using my gatling gun. Doesn't always happen every time I use it, I can generally play for over an hour before the game will freeze. After it freezes the screen goes black. I play in windowed maximized mode so I can tab out. I made a copy of my game pref file and generated a dxdiag report and sent in the Cryptic Error report.
    edited January 2010
    Today, IMve tried running the game and instead I got a BSOD. I'm gonna follow your instructions but I was okay yesterday...
    edited January 2010
    masterdx wrote:
    Today, IMve tried running the game and instead I got a BSOD. I'm gonna follow your instructions but I was okay yesterday...

it scares me when a MMO posts a walk through on how to deal with its game crashing, just how often dose this happen, i do have complaints about the game but it has never crashed on me exept for the weekly server crash.
    edited January 2010
    Meh, now I'm even more scared. I tried to create a dxdiag report but it looks like I have a dll missing... not just any dll. it's sfc.dll so that means that it can,t be fixed by, well, SFC....

May be part of a completely different problem though.
    edited January 2010
    My game has been crashing at the Cryptic Studios loading page. It is in total lock. I can't get to the task manager or anything. I have tried it as a small window and the computer seemed fine though the game froze but when I tried to click on anything else nothing happened. Then after a few moments of trying to click on things i.e. start menu, right click on toolbar etc., the computer beeped loudly and totally froze. My computer is a Dell XPS M1730 running Vista. I am not so good with computers and therefore would rather not try the manual crash dump. Has anyone got any ideas to help me?
    edited January 2010
    Running game. Enter Game. and 5-10 min play screen just freezes can acces windows no problem.

When are you gonne come with a patch update that works so this **** stops happening.

I have tryed what you ask in the start of the thread dident work.

i have
    i7 cpu920 2.67Ghz
    12 gb DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Kingston HyperX
    Geforce GTX 295
    edited January 2010
    Something corrupted i n your Client to Accoutns Data Base That affected Open Beta Star Trek on-Line and Champions LIVE
    edited January 2010
    Wow.... I had a nice, long, helpful reply typed and as I clicked "submit reply", I get a cute little "please verify your e-mail" message and of course, I lost my post.

Because obviously, it was too much effort to warn me of that e-mail verification say, at login. It was strategically better to wait until I typed a long post.

Good job, customer support.

Anyways, on the issue at hand, you will notice my abrasive approach towards the forum, which is simple to explain: I am (was actually) stuck in the same Blue Screen Boat as you, my fellow gamers.

So, without further ado, my friends: The solution that fixed my problem and that did not involve a priest or a sledgehammer.

I have a fairly new machine, perfectly capable of running this game. All my drivers are up to date. I work on Windows 7, 64-bits, Home edition. I use an ATI card of the 4800 family.

I remembered, on Everquest 2, anything that involved Bloom effects made my computer BSOD. So I disabled them. I hate bloom effects anyways.

Then I remembered when playing CoH, the game video setup screen told me that lighting effects and water effects did not get along too well with an ATI card.

So I went and did just that, disabled Bloom and all lighting effects (which are actually the four click-able options under bloom, among which you have the "cartoon character outline" thing. I hated that too anyways.

End result: no more crashes. Ever. Just to prove my point, I reactivated the four effects and Bloom. Crashed just under 30 seconds.

Funny detail: two of my friends have almost the same computer. (Same Mother Board, CPU, RAM, Video Card), we bought them together. They never had any problem, ever. Meh.

There you go. Try it. The visual difference really isn't that noticeable and it might just be it for you as well.

See you out there!

(This entire post has been copied into the clipboard before I pressed "Submit reply", just in case :P )
    edited January 2010
    i brought champions online about a few week after launch i had no crashes at all now the last week or so i have had the odd crash and now today i have had 3 complete crashes where i have to reboot my pc using the power button in the space of about an hour its a joke.its poor programming simple as that one of the last patches is doing this to people
    edited January 2010
    wats going on with this game now 1st when i try log on it either gets to the character screen and stays on the loading server message or when i load it up it has to mouse cursor

edit now my game is CTD every time i get to the login screen
    edited January 2010
    i just patched and get a error each time i start the game..
    edited January 2010
    me too,,,,
    edited January 2010
    well i cant play at all for two whole days. thats not good for my karma.
    sriously fix the fakking crashes, it feels like beta ffs. its embarrasing to even mention this game to friends soon....

:mad:
    edited January 2010
    My game always freezes at the framework screen when I hit next. What do I do?
    edited January 2010
    I'm having the problems described here as well, although in a little different form:
    The crash happens after 30 minutes. Always.
    Almost every time, the computer does a hard reboot.
    I have ONCE gotten the crash report window to pop up, but the ID or whatever you call it was listed as Unknown.
    My activities and location seems to have no effect on when it happens.
    edited February 2010
    Same here. In about 30 minutes my comp freezes up and I cant (alt+tab) or (ctrl+alt+del) it just completely freezes. Other games work just fine... seriously thinking about canceling my account with this game.
    edited February 2010
    SInce the last patch, my game locks after playing for maybe 10 or 15 minutes. The system works, just the game locks. How do I get support other than this forum. I attempted to ftp the preferences file and the diag file and I sent the cryptic error to Cryptic. I will attach the dxdiag and the preferences file here. I just need some guidance on how to fix this. I've already re-installed the game and it didn't work.

daryl
    edited February 2010
    Apparently Windows says that isn't a valid .zip file. You could try copying and pasting the top portion of your DxDiag here, at least to list the main specs. Stop when it gets to long strings that look like nonsense.
    edited February 2010
    I've redone the .zip files (I did them with 7zip).
    edited February 2010
    I'm guessing that the problem is your video card, though it might not be. It's a very old card (which is interesting, because the processor is fairly new). Apparently there are two different cards that were both marketed as GeForce 6800 GS, so I'm not sure which you have. One is based on the very first GPU chip to support DirectX 9.0c (nearly six years ago!), which Champions Online requires. But that isn't the problem.

First, I'm not sure how long Nvidia updates drivers for older cards. The point of that is that if there is a driver problem, it won't necessarily get fixed anymore. Nvidia made huge changes to their architecture in 2006 with the GeForce 8000 series, so I'm not sure if they still actively try to fix driver problems with their older architectures. Presumably they stop at some point, though they do at least offer Windows 7 drivers for that series (though not the GeForce FX 5000 and earlier series). ATI hasn't updated drivers for their cards as old as what you have in quite some time.

Next, you've only got 256 MB of video memory. I'm not sure how heavy on video memory Champions Online is, but I'd bet that whether you need more or less than that depends tremendously on your video settings. If a game needs more video memory than you have available, you'll get terrible performance if you're lucky, or crash outright if you aren't. You could try turning your monitor resolution down to 1024x768 (without turning other settings up!) and then play the game as normal. If that fixes the problem, a lack of video memory was the likely cause. If that doesn't make a difference, then at least you can rule out a lack of video memory as the culprit.

If turning the resolution down fixes the problem, you might be able to turn it back up to 1280x1024 and instead turn down other settings to save on video memory. But to get more video memory, you'd need a new video card.

Or it could just be something that Cryptic broke in the last patch. I mean, they broke lots of other things in that patch, so it's not much of a stretch to say that this is one more.
    edited February 2010
    everything was fine. I have 3 accoutns in my house. and 3 differant types of machines. Sincelast patch NONE of my comps can play the game.
    So for 4 days now, NONE of my systems can log onto ANY of my 3 accounts.
    17.00X3= rip off to me if this type of problem seems to be ON GOING.
    am I gonna get re embursed for lost paid for days? I dont think so.
    Nice one cryptic. keep "working on it" and take my money at the same time.
    sigh.

getting tired of game makers Taking hte money before the work is done.

I tired Every hotfix posted here. and my 3 machines are all built with the most current tech. (2 of em triple core black bx phneoms with ati 4850s 1066 mhz balistic ram thrid machine Quad amd 1600 mhz ram duo nvidia 9800's)

all dirvers up to date first 2 with vista X86 last one with win7 X64 and all worked fine untill last patch.

sigh. cancelling my accounts today. gonna go play Final fantasy XVI when it comes out. they have better support (sqaure+play online)

cryptic icnst getting any more moeny tired of notgetting to play whne I have time off work.
    its my relaxing time and your stressing me out.
    edited February 2010
    I am locking up a lot in game lately. 5-10 minutes of play and the entire computer locks up. I have done everything possible to try fix the problem.

I followed the instructions on the first page and I should have tried the last one first so I wouldn't have wasted my time. I have all the three files you're asking for all into a zip file but cannot connect to your FTP server.

If you want people to send you dumps please fix your FTP server. If you do not, either update this thread or lock it. It would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you

EDIT: They fixed the FTP Server. Was able to post a dump. Hopefully the information will be helpful. Would really like to play.
    edited February 2010
    Hi Sevenwind,

I'm taking a look at your crash dump today.

Everyone else, please continue uploading crash dumps if you get them. Also, let Windows report them to MS, at least once, as they use that information to fix problems in Windows and drivers. I will do my best to see if I can figure out anything useful to help you from them.

Dave
    edited February 2010
    Sevenwind,

Did you manually trigger the crash dump using the keyboard registry option? WinDbg says that's this crash was manually triggered by the user. If it is just the game locking up, capturing a game crash dump with CrypticError (rather than a system crash dump) would be much more useful to us. If you are Windows is completely locked up, let me know. Otherwise, check the instructions again on the first page for using CrypticError to send a game crash dump.

If your system is definitely locked, I'd like to find out if the video driver crashed in a way that Vista could not recover from. That would mean the display would not ever refresh, but other components in your system might still be operational. So you might be able to see file shares on the computer over the network, for example. You'd need another computer to check that of course. If the machine is still accessible over the network, then I'd say this is a video driver problem, and send your crash dump to ATI. I wouldn't typically want to do that unless I was sure it was something in their driver, though.

Thanks,

Dave
    edited February 2010
    Sevenwind,

Did you manually trigger the crash dump using the keyboard registry option? WinDbg says that's this crash was manually triggered by the user. If it is just the game locking up, capturing a game crash dump with CrypticError (rather than a system crash dump) would be much more useful to us. If you are Windows is completely locked up, let me know. Otherwise, check the instructions again on the first page for using CrypticError to send a game crash dump.

If your system is definitely locked, I'd like to find out if the video driver crashed in a way that Vista could not recover from. That would mean the display would not ever refresh, but other components in your system might still be operational. So you might be able to see file shares on the computer over the network, for example. You'd need another computer to check that of course. If the machine is still accessible over the network, then I'd say this is a video driver problem, and send your crash dump to ATI. I wouldn't typically want to do that unless I was sure it was something in their driver, though.

Thanks,

Dave

I haven't crashed since the patch. I did have to manually trigger the crash using the keyboard registry option. It totally locked up the computer, ctrl-alt-del would not work, nor alt-tab, it was dead in the water.

I'm using the latest ATI drivers for x64 Win7. It locked both with 10.1 and 10.2. As I said it hasn't locked up since the patch so hopefully something in the patch fixed it.

As for future refrence do you know where to send the dump to ATI?

I'll post if I get anymore crashes. I also enabled -noLCD as I have a G15 keyboard and other user posted they were having lock ups as well and enabling that fixed the lock ups.

Thank you for looking into the matter SCDave.
    edited February 2010
    I am getting a "Server Not Responding" messages multiple times a night now. During the day its no problem, but at night it gets annoying. This is now as of this post, the second time in and hour. It drops me right back to the character screen with the message there reading, "disconnected from server." Last night each member of my team got disconnected, one after the other.
    edited March 2010
    I have been experiencing game crashes and I think it may have something to do with DX 11. When the game crashes it shuts the whole computer off. I added " -dx9" to the shortcut target line on Dragon Age: Origins and it seemed to work for it. I have been playing that for a while now taking a break from CO and it started this same type of errors. Today I fired up CO and about 10 min into it, CO shuts my pc down. I haven't tried to add the -dx9 switch but I may give it a shot. I will post my crash report and my dxdiag too.
    edited March 2010
    Your video card doesn't support DirectX 11, and Champions Online isn't a DirectX 11 game. That shouldn't be the problem.

What is very strange about your computer is that you have 6.5 GB of system memory. Your amount of system memory should virtually never have a prime factor larger than 3, and certainly not 13. I somewhat wonder if that has something to do with your problem. How many memory modules do you have, and what is the capacity and rated speed of each?

Actually, perhaps a more likely problem if the game shuts your computer down entirely is overheating. How hot does your video card get when you play the game? You'll have to check some program that monitors video card temperatures while the game is running, as closing the game and then checking will let temperatures drop greatly before you see them.

Also, what power supply do you have? An Athlon II X2 doesn't need that much power, but a GeForce GTX 260 sure does. If you could find the name and model number of the power supply, that would be good. At least finding the wattage ratings both in total and on the +12 V ratings would help (though the only reason I ask for the former is to make sure that you don't mistake it for the latter).
    edited March 2010
    Sorry for my bad english but i'm from Italy....

I've the same problem every time there's a new patch:

After patching i launch the game and in the middle of the loading, before the FLAMED GORILLA appear, my Monitor begin to be all colored and confused and i need to reset the CPU....

This problem has start 1 month ago, when the laucher was with the immage of the new patch REVELATION.....

After 2 Days the game begin to work correctly but this is the fourth time..... For the last four patches.....

Can u help me??

I have an Engtx 280 and i've already updated it at the last drivers...

I'm not able to attack my DxDiag..... the pregram says that is too big to send...
    edited April 2010
    I also have problems with the launcher. Im currently on a trial account and have downloaded the client several times to se if i got a different result, but the same thing keeps happening.
    The launcher works well and it updates fine but when i click the play button the new Champions-online window opens and also the cryptic error window, no error code or anything.
    Another noticable thing is that if i start the launcher again it sais that some of mmy files are corrupted and have to be redownloaded.
    I know their is a client inside champions folder that starts without a launcher or patcher and i assume thats for test purposes only but i cant seem to start that one either so that means that my internet is not a problem but either my computer is or my client.
    edited April 2010
    Sorry for my bad english but i'm from Italy....

I've the same problem every time there's a new patch:

After patching i launch the game and in the middle of the loading, before the FLAMED GORILLA appear, my Monitor begin to be all colored and confused and i need to reset the CPU....

This problem has start 1 month ago, when the laucher was with the immage of the new patch REVELATION.....

After 2 Days the game begin to work correctly but this is the fourth time..... For the last four patches.....

Can u help me??

I have an Engtx 280 and i've already updated it at the last drivers...

I'm not able to attack my DxDiag..... the pregram says that is too big to send...

You'll have to post your DXdiags in several parts unfortunately. If CrypticError appears, please let it send a full crash dump, and then record the CrypticError ID number and post that here.

Your English is fine, btw!

Dave
    edited April 2010
    I believe I solved my months-old problem of the crashing to desktop with no prompt or nothing, would seem the thermal wear and tear on my aging single core processor had taken it's toll and it started to overheat easily with high-end applications, which was crashing champions on me. Likely not gonna be the case for a lot of people, but if that's your problem- just sudden kick to desktop, no error prompt, bsod, nadda, it might be worthwhile getting a free temperature monitoring program and ensure the cpu, gpu and ram aren't running too hot, just to rule it out.
    edited April 2010
    Finally, a fix for my computer shutting down when running CO. I don't mean crashing to the desktop, but dropping video and audio a few seconds later and my having to hit the power button and wait two minutes to restart. Always after about ten minutes of play, and only with CO. Streaming video, just leaving the thing on didn't do this.

I tweaked the game, I tweaked the computer, I reinstalled Windows, updated every driver, reinstalled CO. I knew that my laptop has dropped to the ground twice and thought I damaged the videocard fan. I was waiting to switch boxes and to a much older vid card. This since January.

New patch. Played for an hour, no crash!

Now, if I could respectfully request a credit for trying to fix Cryptic's software issue.
    (laughter blows out the rafters)
    edited April 2010
    That sure sounds like an overheating problem. If that's the case, then do not assume that just because the your card doesn't quite overheat enough to crash anymore, that the problem is solved. Otherwise, you may have a dead laptop pretty soon.

Could you post your DxDiag file to show what you've got?
    edited April 2010
    Okay, thanks. pt 1
    Diag1
    System Information
    Time of this report: 4/14/2010, 16:54:10
    Machine name: BEAST
    Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.091208-0542)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
    System Model: HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC
    BIOS: Default System BIOS
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8600 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
    Memory: 6142MB RAM
    Page File: 1951MB used, 10443MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 7.00.6002.18107 32bit Unicode

DxDiag Notes
    Display Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 3: No problems found.
    Input Tab: No problems found.

DirectX Debug Levels
    Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
    DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

Display Devices
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce 9600M GT
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0649&SUBSYS_30F4103C&REV_A1
    Display Memory: 3308 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 493 MB
    Shared Memory: 2814 MB
    Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
    Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
    Driver Version: 8.17.0011.9716 (English)
    DDI Version: 10
    BGRA Supported: Yes
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 3/16/2010 18:01:53, 11913832 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: n/a
    WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
    Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4509-11CF-7856-FF101FC2C535}
    Vendor ID: 0x10DE
    Device ID: 0x0649
    SubSys ID: 0x30F4103C
    Revision ID: 0x00A1
    Revision ID: 0x00A1
    Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C ModeVC1_C ModeWMV9_C
    Deinterlace Caps: {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(S340,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(S340,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(S340,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(S340,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(S342,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(S342,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(S342,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(S342,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    DDraw Status: Enabled
    D3D Status: Enabled
    AGP Status: Enabled
    edited April 2010

Sound Devices
    Description: Speakers and Dual Headphones (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)
    Default Sound Playback: Yes
    Default Voice Playback: Yes
    Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76B2&SUBSYS_103C30F6&REV_1003
    Manufacturer ID: 1
    Product ID: 100
    Type: WDM
    Driver Name: stwrt64.sys
    Driver Version: 6.10.6087.0000 (English)
    Date and Size: 9/11/2008 05:54:44, 465408 bytes
    Other Files:
    Driver Provider: IDT
    HW Accel Level: Basic
    Cap Flags: 0xF1F
    Min/Max Sample Rate: 100, 200000
    Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 1, 0
    Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0
    HW Memory: 0
    Voice Management: No
    EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No
    I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: No, No
    Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No

Description: SPDIF (Digital Out via HP Dock) (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)
    Default Sound Playback: No
    Default Voice Playback: No
    Other Files:

Description: Independent Dual Headphones (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)
    Default Sound Playback: No
    Default Voice Playback: No
    Other Files:

Sound Capture Devices
    Description: Integrated Microphone Array (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)
    Default Sound Capture: Yes
    Default Voice Capture: Yes
    Cap Flags: 0x1
    Format Flags: 0xFFFFF

Description: External Mic (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)
    Default Sound Capture: No
    Default Voice Capture: No

Description: Stereo Mix (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)
    Default Sound Capture: No
    Default Voice Capture: No
    edited April 2010

DirectInput Devices
    Device Name: Mouse
    Attached: 1
    Controller ID: n/a
    Vendor/Product ID: n/a
    FF Driver: n/a

Device Name: Keyboard
    Controller ID: n/a
    Vendor/Product ID: n/a

Device Name: Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver
    Controller ID: 0x0
    Vendor/Product ID: 0x045E, 0x006D

Device Name: USB Receiver
    Vendor/Product ID: 0x046D, 0xC51B

Poll w/ Interrupt: No

USB Devices
    + USB Root Hub
    | Vendor/Product ID: 0x8086, 0x2935
    | Matching Device ID: usb\root_hub
    | Service: usbhub

Gameport Devices

PS/2 Devices
    + Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard with HP QLB
    | Matching Device ID: *pnp0303
    | Upper Filters: HpqKbFiltr
    | Service: i8042prt
    |
    + Microsoft eHome Remote Control Keyboard keys
    | Matching Device ID: hid\irdevice&col05
    | Service: kbdhid
    |
    + Microsoft eHome MCIR Keyboard
    | Matching Device ID: hid\irdevice&col06
    |
    + Microsoft eHome MCIR 109 Keyboard
    | Matching Device ID: hid\irdevice&col07
    |
    + Terminal Server Keyboard Driver
    | Matching Device ID: root\rdp_kbd
    | Upper Filters: kbdclass
    | Service: TermDD
    |
    + Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad
    | Matching Device ID: *syn0100
    | Upper Filters: SynTP
    | Service: i8042prt
    |
    + HID-compliant mouse
    | Matching Device ID: hid_device_system_mouse
    | Service: mouhid
    |
    + HID-compliant mouse
    | Vendor/Product ID: 0x046D, 0xC51B
    | Matching Device ID: hid_device_system_mouse
    | Service: mouhid
    |
    + Terminal Server Mouse Driver
    | Matching Device ID: root\rdp_mou
    | Upper Filters: mouclass
    | Service: TermDD
    edited April 2010
    When did you buy the laptop? If you bought it in the latter half of 2008, you may have one of the "bumpgate" defective GPUs. Your GeForce 9600M GT is one of the (many) models for which the chips were defective for a while, before Nvidia fixed the problem. If so, then basically it's going to die sooner or later from normal use, as even temperatures in the 60s are dangerous for those chips, and you'd just better hope that the laptop is still on warranty when it does. If you bought it last summer or so, that shouldn't be the issue.

Also, how hot does the GPU get while playing Champions Online? There are various programs that will measure directly, but you need a measurement while playing the game, with the program running above the game window. If you close the game and check seconds later, the temperature could have dropped greatly in the meantime.
    edited April 2010
    diag4
    DirectShow Filters

DirectShow Filters:
    WMAudio Decoder DMO,0x00800800,1,1,,
    WMAPro over S/PDIF DMO,0x00600800,1,1,,
    WMSpeech Decoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,,
    MP3 Decoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,,
    Mpeg4s Decoder DMO,0x00800001,1,1,,
    WMV Screen decoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,,
    WMVideo Decoder DMO,0x00800001,1,1,,
    Mpeg43 Decoder DMO,0x00800001,1,1,,
    Mpeg4 Decoder DMO,0x00800001,1,1,,
    MainConcept (Muvee) MPEG Demultiplexer,0x00400001,1,2,muveempgdmx.ax,7.02.0000.19211
    CyberLink Audio Decoder (HP),0x00200000,1,1,CLAud.ax,6.01.0008.5420
    CyberLink Audio Decoder (QP),0x00200900,1,1,CLAud.ax,6.01.0008.5323
    Full Screen Renderer,0x00200000,1,0,,6.06.6002.18158
    CyberLink MPEG Video Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,P2GVidEnc.ax,6.00.0001.2226
    CyberLink TL MPEG Splitter,0x00200000,1,2,CLTLMSplter.ax,3.03.0000.1401
    CyberLink DVD Navigator (HP),0x00200000,0,3,CLNavX.ax,7.00.0000.4418
    Cyberlink Track Filter,0x00200000,1,1,YCTrack.ax,1.01.0000.0222
    CyberLink MP3/WAV Wrapper,0x00200000,1,1,P2GMP3Wrap.ax,3.07.0000.1314
    CyberLink Line21 Decoder Filter (HP),0x00200000,0,2,CLLine21.ax,4.00.0000.9027
    DV Muxer,0x00400000,0,0,,6.06.6001.18000
    CyberLink AudioCD Filter,0x00200000,0,1,P2GAudioCD.ax,5.00.0000.1321
    Color Space Converter,0x00400001,1,1,,6.06.6002.18158
    CyberLink Demultiplexer,0x00200000,1,0,PCMRdemuxer.ax,1.00.0000.6805
    WM ASF Reader,0x00400000,0,0,,11.00.6001.7000
    Screen Capture filter,0x00200000,0,1,wmpsrcwp.dll,11.00.6001.7000
    AVI Splitter,0x00600000,1,1,,6.06.6002.18158
    MainConcept (Muvee) MP4 Multiplexer,0x00200000,1,1,muveemp4mux.ax,7.06.0000.19211
    VGA 16 Color Ditherer,0x00400000,1,1,,6.06.6002.18158
    CyberLink Video Effect (HP),0x00200000,1,1,CLVidFx.ax,1.00.0000.1523
    ReTimeStamp Filter,0x00200000,1,1,ReTimeStamp.ax,1.00.0000.0001
    CyberLink Editing Service 3.0 (Source),0x00200000,0,2,P2GEdtKrn.dll,3.00.0000.2911
    CyberLink TimeStretch Filter (HP),0x00200000,1,1,clauts.ax,1.00.0000.5423
    Microsoft MPEG-2 Video Decoder,0x005fffff,2,4,msmpeg2vdec.dll,11.00.6001.7110
    QuickPlay Video Regulator,0x00200000,1,1,PCMRResample.ax,4.00.0000.0126
    CyberLink Audio Noise Reduction,0x00200000,1,1,PCMRAuNRWrapper.ax,1.00.0000.1318
    AC3 Parser Filter,0x00600000,1,1,mpg2splt.ax,6.06.6002.18005
    Cyberlink SubTitle Importor (HP),0x00200000,1,1,CLSubTitle.ax,1.00.0000.1604
    MainConcept MPEG Splitter,0x001fffff,1,2,mcspmpeg.ax,1.01.4178.0000
    MainConcept MPEG Audio Decoder,0x001fffff,1,1,mcdsmpeg.ax,1.01.4178.0000
    MainConcept MPEG Video Decoder,0x00400001,1,1,mcdsmpeg.ax,1.01.4178.0000
    MainConcept MPEG Encoder,0x001fffff,2,1,mcesmpeg.ax,1.02.4178.0000
    MainConcept MPEG Video Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,mcevmpeg.ax,1.02.4178.0000
    MainConcept MPEG Audio Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,mceampeg.ax,1.02.4178.0000
    MainConcept MPEG Multiplexer,0x00200000,1,1,mcmuxmpeg.ax,1.30.4178.0000
    CyberLink DVB Subtitle Decoder,0x00200000,1,1,PCMRDvbSub.ax,1.00.0000.4010
    StreamBufferSink,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.6001.18000
    MJPEG Decompressor,0x00600000,1,1,,6.06.6002.18158
    MPEG-I Stream Splitter,0x00600000,1,2,,6.06.6002.18158
    CyberLink Pipe Switch,0x00200000,1,1,PCMRPipSwch.ax,1.00.0000.3215
    SAMI (CC) Parser,0x00400000,1,1,,6.06.6002.18158
    P2G Video Decoder,0x00200000,2,3,P2GVSD.ax,6.00.0000.2310
    MainConcept (Muvee) Stream Parser,0x00400001,1,2,muveempgdmx.ax,7.02.0000.19211
    CyberLink XDS Codec,0x00200000,1,0,PCMRxdscodec.ax,1.00.0000.1016
    VBI Codec,0x00600000,1,4,VBICodec.ax,6.06.6001.18000
    CyberLink File Map Sink,0x00200000,1,0,PCMRFMSnk.ax,1.00.0000.0810
    MPEG-2 Splitter,0x005fffff,1,0,mpg2splt.ax,6.06.6002.18005
    MainConcept (Muvee Consumer) AVC/H.264 Video Decoder,0x00400001,1,2,muveestdavcvd.ax,7.04.0000.19231
    YC_EVRWindow,0x00200000,0,0,YCEvr.dll,1.00.0000.2531
    MediaWriter Filter,0x00200000,1,0,mediawriter.ax,6.00.0057.6684
    Microsoft MPEG-2 Video Encoder,0x00200000,2,0,msmpeg2enc.dll,11.00.6002.18005
    Internal Script Command Renderer,0x00800001,1,0,,6.06.6002.18158
    CyberLink Video/SP Decoder,0x00600000,2,3,CLVSD.ax,8.02.0000.0630
    CyberLink Video Regulator,0x00200000,1,1,P2GRGL.ax,2.00.0000.3328
    QuickPlay MPEG Video Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,PCMRMpgVEnc.ax,5.00.0000.5229
    P2G Audio Decoder,0x00200000,1,1,P2GAud.ax,6.01.0000.3601

\
    edited April 2010
    You know, some people just put the DxDiag file in a .zip file and attach that.

Make sure you see my comment above, while you were posting.
    edited April 2010
    thanks, It was bought aJan 09.

guess I do get to deal with HP after all.

thank you much!
    edited April 2010
    In that case, it may or may not be a "bumpgate" part. Nvidia's approach was basically to deny that there was ever a problem in the first place and hope people ignore the mysterious $300 million charge for unusual warranty payments on their financial statements. If you deny that there ever was a problem, you can't say, and now we've fixed it. If you'd like to read more about the issue, it's here:

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1004378/why-nvidia-chips-defective
    http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1013947/nvidia-should-defective-chips
    http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1036374/nv-should
    http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1049921/inquirer-confirms-apple-macbook-pros-have-nvidia-bad-bump-material
    http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1050052/nvidia-chips-underfill

But do find out how hot your GPU runs while playing Champions Online. If you're hitting 90 C, that's a problem even if the GPU isn't defective. There's some information on how to reduce the GPU load here:

http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=105117
    edited April 2010
    thanks, It was bought aJan 09.

guess I do get to deal with HP after all.

thank you much!
    edited June 2010
    ok so everything in the game works fine except when i try to change from the default full screen mode (which looks terrible by the way) or if i minimize the game. I tried playing it with is terrible default setting but it was so bad it was not enjoyable. I've looked everywhere but i cant find anything realated specifically to this problem. I check my drivers and everything. Any ideas?
    edited June 2010
    Attach your DxDiag file and let's see if anything is wrong there.
    edited July 2010
    Hi,
    Starting this weekend, my quad core (8 GB), 2 NVIDIA card (GTS250, GT220) system, which normally gives awesome performance started giving me the BSOD like every 10-30 minutes. I did a full check disk (No issues), made sure that I was doing force verify (no issues) and even lowered the graphics something fierce and uploaded the latest drivers and I am still having the problem. The game runs fine (plenty of fans and power) and then all of a sudden it freezes, says it has a problem with a graphics file (not always the same) and crashes with a BSOD. I am uploading the DXdiag, etc along with a screen shot of the error. Any help would be much appreciated! Already wasted a lot of the weekend on this.

But since this suddenly happened, did something change on the back end servers or is there a known driver issue with my NVIDIA cards? I have one (220) card doing the PhysX and the other more powerful card handling the rest. Does the game run better (ie more stabely) if you just have one card

Rejoicer

Ticket- #906598 - Champions Online
    edited September 2010
    I thought about posting my info (crash dump, etc), but I know it would be a complete waste of my *&^$#$ time. I started playing this game back in beta. At a certain point in development crashes started to become a serious problem, and that problem was never fixed. I have upgraded every *&^$%&*$^ piece of hardware in my system, upgraded my @#$%^&* OS to Windows 7 x64... and BIG SURPRISE!!!! Nothing has changed. Oh sure, my system runs smooth as silk for anything I throw at it, even Champions Online with the settings maxed out. But no matter where I put the settings, it is inevitable that this failure of a product will either:

A) Simply end execution, returning me to the desktop, with no error message or anything,
    B) End execution with a GameClient.exe failure message,
    C) End execution and deliver a Cryptic error report box,
    D) BSOD, with assorted error code, or
    E) Completely freeze the entire system, require a hard reboot.

Fortunately the last two are a rare exception nowadays, but this is @#$%^&* ridiculous! And there is no method to the madness. I've had crashes happen within SECONDS of starting the client, or I've been able to play for several minutes (30 or more) with not a single crash. Unfortunately, it seems when the crashes start happening more quickly, it's almost assured that I should just stop trying to play the @#$%^&* game for the rest of the night, cuz the crashes are just gonna continue to rapidly occur.

FIX THIS @#$%^&* GAME, CRYPTIC!!!

Thank you.

Sincerely,
    Frustrated out of my damned mind
    edited September 2010
    Attach your DxDiag file and let's see what you've got. It sounds like there's some sort of hardware problem on your end.

Also, say what power supply you have. You may need to open the case and read the label to find out. Give the exact brand name and model, not just the nominal wattage.
    edited September 2010
    i have been running every game on max resolution for a year... i install champions it rolls nice for the first week then you guys patch something...

now i get BSOD every time i play... upgraded every dam driver even deleted them and reinstalled with no result

great game but unplayable with crashes like this
    edited September 2010
    sherbrooke wrote:
    i have been running every game on max resolution for a year... i install champions it rolls nice for the first week then you guys patch something...

now i get BSOD every time i play... upgraded every dam driver even deleted them and reinstalled with no result

great game but unplayable with crashes like this

See my post immediately before yours? It applies to you, too.