test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New superhero game in the making - A serious rival/threat to CO?

Comments

• yogid0nnieyogid0nnie Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    smoochan wrote: »
    Will it have an extensively stocked costume editor?

Will it have a freeform powers system?

It would seem the answer to both your questions is yes. Here is another video that shows their costume editor and the powers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ8NL3LZkUo
    edited April 2013
    I can't help but shake the feeling that if you jumped in that game as your favorite tights-wearing superheroes, the majority of the playerbase would have the reaction of "Dude, seriously? You're gonna walk around wearing that?" I don't think a game that isn't specifically targeted at comic book enthusiasts is really gonna bring the right crowd for that.

I don't know the second video shows Batman, Superman, Wovie, Cycolops, and other clones. I even saw Jack Burton and Indian Jones.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    yogid0nnie wrote: »
    I don't know the second video shows Batman, Superman, Wovie, Cycolops, and other clones. I even saw Jack Burton and Indian Jones.

Not sure how that pertains to what you quoted?
    biffsig.jpg
    edited April 2013
    Not sure how that pertains to what you quoted?

My bad quoted the wrong post, I'm going to go eat pancakes now :P

FIXED that for myself.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My bad quoted the wrong post, I'm going to go eat pancakes now :P

FIXED that for myself.

Ah that makes more sense!

Thing is, even in Champs you have a lot of people who think tights are stupid and would never be caught dead in them. Even the developers themselves seemed to have an aversion to tights. It was like a year before we even got new tights to buy in the C Store. Most people seem to prefer armor of some sort or dark-and-gritty trenchcoats and goggles and guns, or robots or beasts and stuff.

Ever since the shutdown of CoH I do seem to see more tights characters out there, and it's nice, but judging by the way that video looked, it's the opposite of Champions. Champions was "Look, classic super hero game, but you can also be a demon or robot or animal or whatever!" whereas this game looks like "Look, ultra-modern vigilante violence fest, and if you wanna look like a superhero you can do that too!"
    biffsig.jpg
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tskales wrote: »
    That Golden Girl does sounds like a tard, and she really does appear to be disliked over at the Titan forums.

Still, there is one bright hope for the future with The Phoenix Project.

Nothing worse than a Power Girl clone on some sort of fantasy Power trip :P
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    aetharburn wrote: »
    It's like you people don't even bother reading all the comments stating that it's a singleplayer game.
    I'll say it again;

IT'S A SINGLEPLAYER GAME AND, AS SUCH,

CANNOT BE CO'S COMPETITION.

Okay. That should do it.
    :rolleyes:

Yeah, we know. I've read them at least. Some of us have moved on to classic Golden Girl-bashing.
  • lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Read the way she comes off in this interview: http://beefjack.com/features/rising-from-city-of-heroes-ashes/

She's very much a "My way is the right way, everything else is stupid," person. Hardly the type of person I'd want to be producing a game. Check the part where they ask the head of both teams why the project was divided. Ugh, the worst kind of person in my book.
    WOW! What a beeeeeetch. I see why people got the hell away from that person.

Sheesh
  • rugrothrumborrugrothrumbor Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Don't know about Project Awakened being a MMORPG but if it was I would play it for sure. And why would I abandon CO for this? I would just be like "Hell yes more sci-fi MMORPGs to play."
  • lestylolestylo Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I recall the kickstarter failing to reach it's goal but I do hope the game gets off the ground. I'm all for more choices. I can still play this and CO. Each game offers something different so I don't see why I can't have both. That said, this reminds me of Warframe a little except more open world and with an emphasis on powers (another game I enjoy).
    "I tried to look at that page but saw only inane comments."
    edited April 2013
    Ah that makes more sense!

Thing is, even in Champs you have a lot of people who think tights are stupid and would never be caught dead in them. Even the developers themselves seemed to have an aversion to tights. It was like a year before we even got new tights to buy in the C Store. Most people seem to prefer armor of some sort or dark-and-gritty trenchcoats and goggles and guns, or robots or beasts and stuff.

Ever since the shutdown of CoH I do seem to see more tights characters out there, and it's nice, but judging by the way that video looked, it's the opposite of Champions. Champions was "Look, classic super hero game, but you can also be a demon or robot or animal or whatever!" whereas this game looks like "Look, ultra-modern vigilante violence fest, and if you wanna look like a superhero you can do that too!"

Agreed, PA does look more Punisher than Spiderman. I would be sad if I was the only one that looked superheroic.
  • truecamportruecampor Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Honestly, I don't think that game could stand up to my expectations of something like that. I'd want there to be a morality system that's based on avoiding large-scale property damage and civilian injury with your powers while taking down other superpowered enemies, then having it so if you stay on the less destructive/heroic side of things you get help from police and special forces, while if you don't you get attacked by those groups and aided instead by anarchists and the like.

From the looks of it though, it seems like it's just straight up destruction.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Agreed, PA does look more Punisher than Spiderman. I would be sad if I was the only one that looked superheroic.

In PA, you would be the only one . . . at all.

Single player

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited April 2013
    Please keep comments about developers of other games pleasant, folks, I'd appreciate it.
  • rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    In PA, you would be the only one . . . at all.

Single player
    with limited online matchmaking so you can, if you choose, and if they hit the dollar amount that they hit during kickstarter, play with other people or play against other people. you will just not be forced to, and they cannot remove your ability to play th game, like a certain other bunch of sadistic goat f->looks at trail's post<- err...i mean like ncosoft dd.

as such if yogi had some friends who also preferred the golden age aesthetic, all of them could group and enjoy themselves, but he would not the thrown into a big server with lots of people with varying aesthetic choices.
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The game looks interesting, though The Phoenix Project has my attention. There isn't much about it yet, but it is being developed by players who miss CoX with the intention of making something comparable.
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    draogn wrote: »
    The game looks interesting, though The Phoenix Project has my attention. There isn't much about it yet, but it is being developed by players who miss CoX with the intention of making something comparable.

It will be interesting to see what (if anything) comes of the effort. I have seen few players in games over the years who didnt, even if they absolutely loved the game, have a few, "but I would have done X a little differently," ideas.

Put a bunch of those, "little differently," elements, from the various fan/developers, together and you could end up with something that looks and feels nothing like the original. Combine that with the fact that once you go so far into a fairly expensive project like an MMO and your ability to change direction can be limited no matter how far off the original target you find yourself. Once you reach a certain tipping point it can be a matter of go ahead with what we've got...or fold.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Doesn't look like it'll get off the ground.
  • pizzataropizzataro Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    IT'S A SINGLEPLAYER GAME

Okay. That should do it.
    :rolleyes:

http://www.projectawakened.com/

Goals:

300k Goal: Multiplayer
    1000k Goal: Open World
    edited April 2013
    pizzataro wrote: »

Goals:

That is new, perhaps because they are retooling their goals after the first kickstarter failed.

Also, Multiplayer/Open World is not quite an MMO. They are going more for open-world PvP, much like one would experience in some console game.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • pizzataropizzataro Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    That is new, perhaps because they are retooling their goals after the first kickstarter failed.

Also, Multiplayer/Open World is not quite an MMO. They are going more for open-world PvP, much like one would experience in some console game.

Open World Multiplayer basically means MMO (Massive Multiplayer Online), but does not neccessarily mean MMORPG.
    So I guess you meant to say "not quite an MMORPG".

In that case, I don't even know why people started bringing that up, probably because the OP said "rival to CO" in his title.

Here is their definition of the "Open World":

"We commit to having a small open world modern day city hub for sandbox play with your abilities, fight escalating spawned enemies based on your power level, and MP matches."

Quite a short description to actually formulate anything with a certainty.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If you want to know how this will turn out, go look at APB.

I'll give you ten minutes to come back and say "Yeah, screw that." Nothing but griefing kids with bad attitudes trolling everyone.
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited April 2013

I'll give you ten minutes to come back and say "Yeah, screw that." Nothing but griefing kids with bad attitudes trolling everyone.

When you mentioned APB I thought you meant how it died out quickly but came back kinda strong. PvP-oriented games are always full of the "kids" you mentioned though. LoL being a shining example of that.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
    edited April 2013

ok, apb was a third person shooting game, no powers beyond different guns, no primarily offline mode, no story per se, no melee combat, and massive, not instanced, invite your friends for some pve jollies. the costumes even are a stretch since abp was prominently modern outfits with a punk /urban side, this game runs the gamut from tights and capes to cyber ninja to urban camo to martial arts gi(as per the creation vid). and, the most important detail, once the game is purchased, its yours, when apb was shut down(ncsofted, if you will in spirit if not in actuality), you could not play again till that other company bought it. so yeah, outside of a passing aesthetic similarity, it is significantly different from apb.
  • jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    honestly it looks dated already, hope it is competition but doubt it
  • psychickittypsychickitty Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    pizzataro wrote: »

Goals:

Oh hey yeah I see that added in.....

Multiplayer Taking inspiration from DOTA2 and Team Fortress 2, Project Awakened features a competitive, action-oriented Multiplayer experience, able to be customized to your liking. Each gameplay scenario will call for different character makeups. Assemble teams specially suited to countering enemy strategies or achieving a specific objective. There will be tradeoffs for every combination of abilities and only through solid strategy and teamwork, as well as individual skill, will a team's true potential be unlocked.

so basically its going to be a pvp game with random scenarios....sorry not interested.

Dota 2 is player versus player...or rather random players on random teams versus each other. when they said team fortress 2...yep pvp.

Sorry that's not even going to be a competition....its going to come out...but players will say gee its a pvp game....and go back to playing whatever.

I thought it sounded like skyrim....but reminds me more of the shadowrun console game that came out.

Power without Perception is Spiritually useless and therefore of no true value.

=^_^=

• malcontentmentmalcontentment Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Nothing but griefing kids with bad attitudes trolling everyone.

And that's different from Caprice how?
    Ask me about my attention deficit disorder or pie or my cat. A dog. I have a horse. Do you like swords? I saw a rock. Hi.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    And that's different from Caprice how?
    A point indeed.

But I can just pretend those little weirdos aren't around, or leave...

In the 'deathmatchrawrgunspvp' games, that's what 80% of the community consists of and revolves around.
  • rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jasinblaze wrote: »
    honestly it looks dated already, hope it is competition but doubt it

The indev version you see in the video uses UE3, like DCUO does. The final product will run on UE4.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is more likely to be the next Superhero 'Rival/threat to CO' than any other project presented in here....
    Enjoy! <yea, it's a link. Click it!
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Every game is a threat to CO, but this new game won't get off the ground. :P
  • aetharburnaetharburn Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The multiplayer mentined will be an Assassin's Creed style - The focus is on the singleplayer campaign.

"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality."
    This is more likely to be the next Superhero 'Rival/threat to CO' than any other project presented in here....
    Enjoy! <yea, it's a link. Click it!

I thought they went crazy on the 3rd one, but this is just hilarious!
    Haha, love the SR series!
    Really enjoyed the 2nd and the 3rd, definitely getting this one.
    edited April 2013
    Every game is a threat to CO, but this new game won't get off the ground. :P
    I hope you are wrong, because with co being abandoned, dcou lacking customization and both being mmos with the inherent limitations of the genre, there really isnt any other superhero game out there with good customization options and that works offline. which is really a shame. and yes, i know about sr4 but the sr series is crass, childish and intended from the outset for your character to be a reprehensible person. Its a shame gamers are so limited in what they enjoy to support the genre. I will still likely get sr4 because single player superhero games with customizable characters are pretty much nonexistent, but lets see if my character can actually be good, rather than just less evil than the aliens. I really do not like playing sr type games, never player a gta in my life, and stayed straight good in true crime.
    The multiplayer mentioned will be an Assassin's Creed style - The focus is on the singleplayer campaign.
    it really does seem like a lot of people here arent eve reading what the game is before dismissing it.
    edited April 2013
    I read extensively about what PA wants to do. I almost became a supporter.
    As it turns out, they aren't really planning the sort of MMO that appeals to me--it won't be like CoX, CO, or even DCUO.

edited April 2013
    in the first post it was explained that it was not an mmo, it is a single player game that has many of the features of games like champions but lacks the downsides associated with being an mmo. you can still play with small groups like a diablo set up, but no zone chat, no griefing, no duel spamming,no contnet that makes you feel like 1/20'th of an enemy, no lame combat because the system has to deal with latency, and most importantly no ncsofting the game after you invest significant time and money in it. had this game come out before coh,or so, i likely would not have played either, mmo is a broken, restricted genre id love to be rid of it for a customizable superhero game, and if i recall chats on the topic on the coh boards, I am not the only one.
    edited April 2013
    You are definitely not the only one, but I think you are in the minority, but a long shot.

edited April 2013
    ok, but why, exaclty? what is so inherently compelling about the mmo and superhero genre? none of the superhero games have achieved spectacular success, the most successful one was still closed down by its publisher and the remaining ones are either abandoned or substantially limit customization. Is that really all the draw superheroes have? In fact, a constant complaint i have heard in the other 2 mmos was that peopel felt that the genre made their characters seem unimportant due to the forced grouping mechanics. I never had to be held back mechanically in skyrim or new vegas, but mmos, by design, have them. my major concern is that if this game is not made, then the gaming market, already frighteningly risk averse will conclude that the superhero niche simply is not worthwhile. and then none of us get anything and can go play elves and army men.
    edited April 2013
    The social aspect is very, very compelling. I am no longer interested in single-player games. When I sit to play a game, I want to be able to interact with a large group of different people.

As far as supers go, I don't know if it really is a big enough draw for the gaming market. Many gamers expect superhero franchises, with established heroes and villains they know from movies, comics, and cartoons. With fantasy and sci-fi games, I think there is more leeway to create your own world.

• bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I got some pretty high hopes for this. Probably will play it if/when it comes out, but the fundamental difference between MMOs and FPSs will likely mean that CO won't see a loss of any players who enjoy the MMO gameplay style and social interactions. for people who like superheroes and prefer games like Skyrim or Saint's Row, though...
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• savagedeaconsavagedeacon Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    No, I'm not talking about Marvel Online. CO will not have to compete only with it and DCUO for much longer.
    Here comes a new challenger:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyvEkHoMb3M

It's not a traditional MMO, but an action game, sort of like DCUO.
    It has a much darker atmosphere than CO; being set in a modern world where superpowers have only just begun to appear - and are causing a lot of chaos and unrest. The player can be a hero or a villain, depending on his actions.

Your thoughts on this?

P.S.
    I'm not advertising for the competition. I'm showing what CO is up against in the not so far future.
    so far like I can see it is really a fps. The game that has to fear more from this is Dcuo. To press continuosly the right and left mouse button is so<yawn>exciting <double yawn>. Games like this one are a benediction for those that have problems to fall asleep at night<zzzzzz>
  • bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    rianfrost wrote: »
    ok, but why, exaclty? what is so inherently compelling about the mmo and superhero genre? none of the superhero games have achieved spectacular success, the most successful one was still closed down by its publisher and the remaining ones are either abandoned or substantially limit customization. Is that really all the draw superheroes have? In fact, a constant complaint i have heard in the other 2 mmos was that peopel felt that the genre made their characters seem unimportant due to the forced grouping mechanics. I never had to be held back mechanically in skyrim or new vegas, but mmos, by design, have them. my major concern is that if this game is not made, then the gaming market, already frighteningly risk averse will conclude that the superhero niche simply is not worthwhile. and then none of us get anything and can go play elves and army men.

To me, what is so compelling about the superhero genre is that it is sort of a "meta-setting" that can accommodate any type of character. You can be a medieval knight that got transported to a new land, a super spy, an alien, a robot, or just a really really tough guy. You aren't shoehorned into a particular origin just to fit in the storyline, and your origins and source of powers/abilities is all up to you.

At the same time, with an MMO, there is something exciting about things going on "now", as in you can't just pause the game or reload the last save game you have - even if just imagined, there is a sense of urgency and significance to the decisions you make.

Another important aspect of how traditional MMOs are setup, (with a power tray and all that), is that it doesn't force you to be a twitch-gamer. You don't need to worry that if you're not good with fine manipulation of the keyboard or joystick, that you'll miss a lot, or that you aren't fast enough w/ whatever combat menus many FPS-type games make you fiddle with. You have your powers laid out in a neat tray, you click or tab target your enemy, and click the powers you want to use. It becomes a bit more cerebral when managing energy, cooldowns, and the build itself becomes a minigame unto itself.

And if the game doesn't have a truly online component, then what happens is that you never get those chance encounters that may lead to making a new friend. Sure, it's one thing to be able to team up with a cadre you're already familiar with, but I have met some really great people that I wouldn't have met otherwise, if not for chance encounters and striking up a conversation - a compliment about a stranger's costume or build can go a long way toward making you want to keep playing and connecting with people.

Customization be damned - if it doesn't have the persistent online aspects, then why should I play it over the myriad of other offline FPS's?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    edited April 2013
    rianfrost wrote: »
    In fact, a constant complaint i have heard in the other 2 mmos was that peopel felt that the genre made their characters seem unimportant due to the forced grouping mechanics.

In addition to what Bioshrike said, I always found this particular complaint to be ridiculous. You are aware that team-ups are quite frequent in superhero comics? Hell, are the heroes that make up the Avengers or the Justice League any less important when they fight together as a team? I'd think not. Each hero has his or her role when fighting the big, major threats.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    In addition to what Bioshrike said, I always found this particular complaint to be ridiculous. You are aware that team-ups are quite frequent in superhero comics? Hell, are the heroes that make up the Avengers or the Justice League any less important when they fight together as a team? I'd think not. Each hero has his or her role when fighting the big, major threats.

The reason that CoX and DCUO get complaints is that they make it patently clear that you aren't as good as the big name heroes... that's where I had a problem w/ the two. CO, OTOH, make sit clear that your character is very likely MORE powerful than the Champions, and that it's only their teaming up that typically makes the difference. Even then, they still call on our heroes for help...

TL:DR - In CoX and DCUO, you're little more than a sidekick to the "true" heroes, while CO has more a "we're in over our heads and need YOU to help" type of thing.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    edited April 2013
    I dunno. I never really felt like I was playing second fiddle to the Freedom Phalanx or Arachnos' inner cabal in CoH. After all, it wasn't like they ever actually did anything. It was my characters that did most of the hard work and got the praise from the civilians.
    edited April 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »

Customization be damned - if it doesn't have the persistent online aspects, then why should I play it over the myriad of other offline FPS's?
    im heading out to eat, so i'll just get this now and come with more later, but my response is that customization should never, ever be damned, it is why, in thread after thread, coh players said they picked coh over the fantasy competition, what made them feel connected to their characters, what was the soul of coh, and mostly here too. customization of both powers and look is the absolute heart of the genre, and it something fps games are painfully, horribly lacking. it seems you agree with that in your very firs paragraph about the meta narrative, so id say that that is the premise. also, i hate fps games with a passion, but thats more my thing and not the foundation of any particular argument.
  • rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I dunno. I never really felt like I was playing second fiddle to the Freedom Phalanx or Arachnos' inner cabal in CoH. After all, it wasn't like they ever actually did anything. It was my characters that did most of the hard work and got the praise from the civilians.

The hero side in CoX actually made me feel like an individual hero, not like a sidekick.
    On the villain side, however, it was made very clear that I am a minion. That no matter how powerful I get, I will stay a minion. And that my actual motivation in the story line is not to be a high-profile villain, but to serve one.
    Also, the closest thing to respect I ever got from an Arachnos contact was not being threatened by him for once. :rolleyes:

Back on the topic of PA:
    Thinking about it, playing a good guy in this game seems to be pretty difficult. There is obviously friendly fire, and it's all too easy to hit the wrong person or object with those massive powers. Not helped by the fact that most NPCs are afraid of supers to begin with.
    edited April 2013
    On the villain side, however, it was made very clear that I am a minion. That no matter how powerful I get, I will stay a minion. And that my actual motivation in the story line is not to be a high-profile villain, but to serve one.
    Also, the closest thing to respect I ever got from an Arachnos contact was not being threatened by him for once. :rolleyes:

I suppose I'll give you that much. At least the newer villain arcs were remedying that fault, though. The Clone Factory Arc was brilliant in the way it was written, for example.
  • prootwaddleprootwaddle Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    The reason that CoX and DCUO get complaints is that they make it patently clear that you aren't as good as the big name heroes... that's where I had a problem w/ the two. CO, OTOH, make sit clear that your character is very likely MORE powerful than the Champions, and that it's only their teaming up that typically makes the difference.

I was tickled pink when a passerby wondered out loud about how my character would fare in a battle with Defender.

I know it was just a random message but it was a very atmospheric, scene-setting random message.

Superhero stories, done well, are about modern archetypes.

A Prootwaddle is one of the weirder player-character races in "The Fantasy Trip", Steve Jackson's first published role-playing game.
  • truecamportruecampor Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The hero side in CoX actually made me feel like an individual hero, not like a sidekick.

Back on the topic of PA:
    Thinking about it, playing a good guy in this game seems to be pretty difficult. There is obviously friendly fire, and it's all too easy to hit the wrong person or object with those massive powers. Not helped by the fact that most NPCs are afraid of supers to begin with.

I'd say 'spoilers' but since the game doesn't exist any more... In the 40-50 range as a villain, you actually go to the future when Recluse is at the height of his power, beat him down then show his helmet to him in the past as proof that you're superior to him. That's probably the best point of being of a Villain. Of course then all future missions still have you being an underling, but the point stands.

Honestly, when it comes to PA and being a proper heroic hero, I really wish that would actually matter. Like, if you go out of your way to avoid killing civilians or causing damage, you'd have the police or special forces or what not helping you and on your side, otherwise they'd try and take you down all the time. It'd add a layer of being a hero that I would absolutely adore. Unfortunately I doubt that would happen.