test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New superhero game in the making - A serious rival/threat to CO?

13»

Comments

• bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think (if the game had a level-advancement system?) that it'd be pretty easy for them to implement like some sort of advantage/bonus they can get that disables friendly fire/simply causes civillians to get frightened when shot at.

Actually, that sounds like a good idea. I'ma gonna suggest that.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    fable had a toggle for friendly fire back on the x-box, not sure why they would not have it, will ask on their forums and see if i can get info.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hah, just reading the marvel online site. :biggrin:

I may log on when it starts,just for the screams . As all those who want to play hulk, wolverine and deadpool find out about the base characters(AT's) and the freemium ones, that you find ingame or have to buy.

The founders pack, have
    1. spiderman
    2. cyclops, Pheonix, wolverine, colossus
    3. everyone

Wonder how long till the complaints start on their forums about having to pay for characters on a free game.
    All those who wanted to play hulk, wolverine and deadpool going" NOOOOOOOO....
    I have to find them ingame or pay for them but its F2P."
    Want to bet the more popular ones will have the worst drop rate.

This totally birghtened up my day
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • savagedeaconsavagedeacon Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The hero side in CoX actually made me feel like an individual hero, not like a sidekick.
    On the villain side, however, it was made very clear that I am a minion. That no matter how powerful I get, I will stay a minion. And that my actual motivation in the story line is not to be a high-profile villain, but to serve one.
    Also, the closest thing to respect I ever got from an Arachnos contact was not being threatened by him for once. :rolleyes:
    Well you did betray your patron (that was one of the big four -second to power only to Lord Recluse ) and you were rewarded with being promoted to his/hers same status. And every time you had to work with your former patron he never let you forgot that he knew how good at backstabbing you really were (for the Arachnos that could be considered respect) :biggrin:
    edited April 2013
    chaelk wrote: »
    hah, just reading the marvel online site. :biggrin:

I may log on when it starts,just for the screams . As all those who want to play hulk, wolverine and deadpool find out about the base characters(AT's) and the freemium ones, that you find ingame or have to buy.

The founders pack, have
    1. spiderman
    2. cyclops, Pheonix, wolverine, colossus
    3. everyone

Wonder how long till the complaints start on their forums about having to pay for characters on a free game.
    All those who wanted to play hulk, wolverine and deadpool going" NOOOOOOOO....
    I have to find them ingame or pay for them but its F2P."
    Want to bet the more popular ones will have the worst drop rate.

This totally birghtened up my day
    Can you have Squirrel Girl for free? If so what need do you have for those Wolverine and Spiderman losers?:biggrin:
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    didn't say but squirrel girl and rocket raccoon were on the general list of characters.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• docclarksavagejrdocclarksavagejr Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I didn't see anything in the first 90 seconds of the game trailer to excite me. As most have commented before, if there are cape-and-tights wearing supertypes at the forefront I'm willing to check it out. Otherwise, it's not a superheroic game *to me*.
  • docclarksavagejrdocclarksavagejr Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Keep in mind that I said "comic books that I've read and liked."

I know that some comic books have taken a turn towards the realistic and "gritty". Those are the comic books I don't like.
    The good news is you could get an Incredibles Online.

The bad news is it'll guest star Wolverine. :wink:

HAH! Sad but true...
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Honestly thought the same thing. then I stumbled upon a short demo.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

edited April 2013
    bluhman wrote: »
    Honestly thought the same thing. then I stumbled upon a short demo.

Before the demo played there was a brief advertisement. Holy shadows of STO was that really William Shatner?
    :eek:
    I have gone to the official site of projet awakened

http://www.projectawakened.com/

and like you can see they are asking money from the "founders".

"We have until May 5th to hit $250,000. If we don't, we refund everyone and take the game back underground. So pledge and pre-order today, and go tell the world to come and join us!"
    I would be careful about that
    Personally i will don't give them a cent only on a you tube demo
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    They are already trying a second kickstarter? So soon after the first one failed?

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • xaadexaade Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    It's a pitch for a product that isn't even really in production yet. They're looking for backers (as you can tell at the end, when they ask for the support of the person or persons to whom the video was actually sent).

Further, from what I can see, it's nothing to do with superheroes - merely the fights between groups of superpowered gangsters, basically. (One of the big hints is that in the example gameplay shown, when they aren't slaughtering each other at close range in a subway station, the characters are shown attacking the police.) And I see no hints of a story mode, just PvP. Which is nice if PvP is what you're after, but it's hardly a CO-killer, any more than Diablo spelled the end of WoW.

I note further that in their enthusiastic depiction of their character creator, these gentlemen seem unfamiliar with Cryptic's work in that regard. Not terribly surprising, as they describe themselves as having been wrapped up in their labor of love for at least the past six years...

On a completely side note, it is nice that the initial cinematic was accompanied by the note that these are not finished graphics, else their draw distance would have me wondering why superpowers seem to render everyone nearsighted. Seriously, they can't focus on anything more than ten feet away? :smile:

All in all, it looks intriguing, but it's not competing for the same audience as CO. More of a supplemental thing, really.

(One more completely side note - can we quote this game's lead designer the next time someone complains that CO seems "unfinished"? According to him, the "extended live beta" nature of many online games is a good thing, and something he's striving for.)

If it's in development, then the last thing they'll do is hash out world and a storyline. Engine and mechanics first. And that's a huge chunk of the work down I'm seeing.

It's a kickstarter. Chill dude.
    I'm sure if Infamous was a MMO it would be a threat to CO, and it starts the same way.

And lastly about the people attacking the police. It's not a thuggish gang to me. What I see is extreme dictatorship martial law has taken over and the people are fighting for their freedom. Or I see, a crackdown by a militaristic police state on a bunch of newly awakened superpowers. Which could lead to the previous scenario. It's a logical conclusion.

And there are lots of comics that start out from a normal world. Iron man is a big one. Still felt like a comic to me.

Sounds like you want your fluffy Unicorn Team Unite from the golden age. That doesn't define comics, sorry, not for me. I'm glad that age is over.

I like this game, but don't immediately trash this kickstart. Who doesn't know about Angry Birds.
  • rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    They are already trying a second kickstarter? So soon after the first one failed?

I can understand them. They have already taken a good few steps with the indev version, and it would be a shame to give up at this point.
    xaade wrote: »
    Sounds like you want your fluffy Unicorn Team Unite from the golden age. That doesn't define comics, sorry, not for me. I'm glad that age is over.

You're thinking the Silver Age. The Golden Age was around WW2, and rather edgy by comparison.
  • rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited April 2013

they asked their supporters after the first one failed how to proceed and what we would be willing to spend on it. based on that info, they started up with adjusted goals. the fact that it has not hit those goals yet indicates to em that some people did not live up to their commitments on the survey responses, as id expect that they based their goals based on what the respondents pledged.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    xaade wrote: »
    If it's in development, then the last thing they'll do is hash out world and a storyline. Engine and mechanics first. And that's a huge chunk of the work down I'm seeing.

It's a kickstarter. Chill dude.
    I'm sure if Infamous was a MMO it would be a threat to CO, and it starts the same way.

And lastly about the people attacking the police. It's not a thuggish gang to me. What I see is extreme dictatorship martial law has taken over and the people are fighting for their freedom. Or I see, a crackdown by a militaristic police state on a bunch of newly awakened superpowers. Which could lead to the previous scenario. It's a logical conclusion.

And there are lots of comics that start out from a normal world. Iron man is a big one. Still felt like a comic to me.

I like this game, but don't immediately trash this kickstart. Who doesn't know about Angry Birds.

I don't think he was trashing anything there... I'm guessing your post was kinda directed at lots of people in this thread?

Anyway if InFamous was an MMO, it would be no more a threat to Champs than any other non-spandex MMO is. I couldn't see myself going from this amount of character customization (looks and abilities) to "I get street clothes, lightning powers and parkour! Awesome!" Not a chance.

I'll take my silver age Fluffy Unicorn Team Unite any day of the week instead of today's watered-down everyone's-mean-and-gritty takes-eight-minutes-to-read comic books, thanks. :)
    biffsig.jpg
  • vitalityprimevitalityprime Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I love how you have to have ridiculous looking spandex to be considered a superhero.

At least tell me you considered the show HEROES to be superheroes.
    _________
    VARIANT

"Nearly all men can withstand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln-
    edited April 2013
    I love how you have to have ridiculous looking spandex to be considered a superhero.

That's not what I said. Basically, the people who are here to play classic superheroes would be as enticed by this Project Awakening game as much as they'd be enticed by an InFamous MMO.

There's no fine line between what makes a superhero and what doesn't anymore, as people on these boards will furiously argue. Super Mario - superhero. Pac Man - superhero. Highlander - superhero. Dhalsim - superhero. Godzilla - superhero. Skips - superhero. Get a parking ticket in Metropolis - you're a superhero.

I don't care how much other people think you're a superhero in Secret World, but when I look at it and the first thing that comes to mind is Silent Hill and not Spider-Man, I personally don't consider it a superhero game, and thus, it won't entice me to replace Champions with it, at all. I play this game to play as superheroes like I read in comic books, not "any guy anywhere that can do something extraordinary in any given setting."

Is that clearer?
    biffsig.jpg
  • lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited April 2013

The best thing about CO is, you can look like whatever you want to. Don't like spandex?
    Put on some jeans. Wear a Kilt. Shorts. Whatever.

Love tight fitting "nad" huggers!! Go right ahead. It's all here for anyones taste.
    But, putting down others for what they deem heroic...not very Heroic at all. Heroes come in all forms, shapes and sizes.
  • vitalityprimevitalityprime Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The best thing about CO is, you can look like whatever you want to. Don't like spandex?
    Put on some jeans. Wear a Kilt. Shorts. Whatever.

Love tight fitting "nad" huggers!! Go right ahead. It's all here for anyones taste.
    But, putting down others for what they deem heroic...not very Heroic at all. Heroes come in all forms, shapes and sizes.

Who is putting who down?

If you took my opinion of spandex as me putting someone down. I'm sorry. That's simply my opinion on what a person fighting crime in spandex is. I think it's ridiculous and highly impractical. I didn't say it to directly put anyone down.

Anyways...my post was made because it always seemed as if you're not wearing spandex...then you are not a superhero to some people...and that person clarified what they meant.
    _________
    VARIANT

"Nearly all men can withstand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln-
    edited April 2013
    Who is putting who down?

If you took my opinion of spandex as me putting someone down. I'm sorry. That's simply my opinion on what a person fighting crime in spandex is. I think it's ridiculous and highly impractical. I didn't say it to directly put anyone down.

Anyways...my post was made because it always seemed as if you're not wearing spandex...then you are not a superhero to some people...and that person clarified what they meant.
    Ok. So...i misunderstood? When somebody starts off by saying "RIDICULOUS looking spandex" right after someone saying they like "Silver age heroes" or think of "Spider man" (Spandex) when they think of heroes... you don't think that might not be seen as a put down to what they may like? I'm pretty sure you didn't mean to hurt anyone, it just comes off that way.

Am i way off? Example: I like and drive an Audi. Someone says, Audi's are ridiculous looking!! I might take that as a put down to something i find cool. Right?

Anyway, that's how i read it. The rest of what i said is really the main point.

CO allows you to look like the hero you want to be. Or...err...Something like that.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    "Heroism" isn't defined by costumes, but by attitudes and behavior. The Punisher wears Spandex with a fancy pattern - and kills people with ridiculously-massive firearms, long after any such behavior can be justified in his own story.

Frank Castle is not a "hero", super or otherwise.

In White Wolf Games' Vampire: the Requiem (and its predecessor, Vampire: the Masquerade, your character would possess superhuman powers - strength, speed, temporal manipulation, the ability to turn shadows into your servants, the ability to "cloud men's minds", just about everything but flight (because otherwise Malkavians would have been Embracing pigs and monkeys so they could fly :smile:). You could even dress in a skintight outfit with a silly logo, like my Malk the Nightwatch. But you were still an alpha predator who fed on human blood, not a hero.

In those demos, I never saw any "repressive police state" - I saw police cars being thrown about like toys by superpowered thugs, terrorizing the populace when they weren't slaughtering each other for kicks. I didn't see any heroes, except possibly the cops willing to lay their non-powered lives on the line to protect the citizens from the threat of mad demigods.

In short, while what I saw might be a threat to inFamous or Prototype, it's nothing to do with what we do in CO. It's no threat. You seem upset by this - I'm not sure why. I'm certainly not upset, I'm just clarifying my stance on the initial question.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    "Heroism" isn't defined by costumes, but by attitudes and behavior. The Punisher wears Spandex with a fancy pattern - and kills people with ridiculously-massive firearms, long after any such behavior can be justified in his own story.

Um, well... technically he is an antihero. So you might want to reconsider the word choice of "otherwise."
    edited April 2013
    Um, well... technically he is an antihero. So you might want to reconsider the word choice of "otherwise."

Taken literally, doesn't anti-hero mean the opposite of a hero? BURN!

:P
    biffsig.jpg
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited April 2013

A pretty vague and not very accurate description of the character.

Yes he killls, but only the most henious types of criminals. He does it for the benefit of innocents who are victims to such criminals or in the name of vengence for those who are too late to save. His moral values in taking liberties to kill go against the classic superhero blueprint thus making him an "anti-hero", but he still does it in the name of protecting and saving innocents that fit the blueprint. So yes, he is still a hero defined by attitude and behavior.
    edited April 2013
    jennymachx wrote: »
    A pretty vague and not very accurate description of the character.

Yes he killls, but only the most henious types of criminals. He does it for the benefit of innocents who are victims to such criminals or in the name of vengence for those who are too late to save. His moral values in taking liberties to kill go against the classic superhero blueprint thus making him an "anti-hero", but he still does it in the name of protecting and saving innocents that fit the blueprint. So yes, he is still a hero defined by attitude and behavior.

I think some of us have memories of The Punisher that go back to a time when he brutalized petty thieves and murdered most felons that he could get ahold of. He was originally portrayed as a mentally unbalanced vigilante that was too violent--and he was treated as a villain in comics like Daredevil back in the 70s and 80s.

His character changed somewhat over the years. The version we think of now came about since the late 90s/early 00s.

In any case, PA is not even a game yet. We'll see where this second Kickstarter takes it.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think some of us have memories of The Punisher that go back to a time when he brutalized petty thieves and murdered most felons that he could get ahold of. He was originally portrayed as a mentally unbalanced vigilante that was too violent--and he was treated as a villain in comics like Daredevil back in the 70s and 80s.

His character changed somewhat over the years. The version we think of now came about since the late 90s/early 00s.

Well I was obviously talking about what's current. It's the same as when I mention "Iron Man", I doubt that the version of the character that immediately comes to mind is his MK1 armor where he looks like a miniature Iron Golem.
    edited April 2013

The problem is that the word "hero" has a different meaning for different people so for some Castle is a "hero". Anyway the golden age Batman and Superman - two bona fide heroes - killed.
    Batman for example in his very first appearence (detective comics 27 - the case of the chemical syndacate killed two men .
    The first by tossing him off a roof and the other by punching him in a acid tank (no he wasn't the Joker) and the Batmn comment was: "a fitting end for his kind."
  • kogilligankogilligan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is a very traditional third person shooter. I'd love it, but it's one or two runs through the game world for most of us, then we move on. Not competition for CO.

But a few things:

○ Haven't really raised anything yet for this project.

Couldn't afford to make it a platformer with the funding progress at this point.

○ Using the latest Unreal tech, doing it for $1.5 mil, mid-2014 release.

They are smoking something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sigmaseven0sigmaseven0 Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Am i way off? Example: I like and drive an Audi. Someone says, Audi's are ridiculous looking!! I might take that as a put down to something i find cool. Right?
    I think your stretching the term "put down" here. I visit Car related forums and statements like the one above come cheap. No one on those forums gets offended by those statements. "I don't like what you like" is not the same as "I don't like you" I can understand how statements like that can bruise the ego but matters of the ego are our own responsibility, not the responsibility of those around us.

I too think spandex looks ridiculous in most modern contexts. It woks some times (spider man movies) but many times now a days spandex gets replaced by some kind of layered rigid material or armor or pseudo-military type gear. For example imagine the avengers movie with Hawkeye's purple tights costume.... yea changing his look was a good call.

I think what it means to be a hero is becoming more complicated and the images (ex:tights) that we think of as heroic will not be the same as the images (less colorful/more practical) that our children will see as heroic when they get our age. It all depends on what you grew up on.

Also, didn't Infamous have a comic book?

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
    2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
    edited April 2013

I don't really see how that's relevant as far as what makes a superhero and what doesn't. Donald Duck had a comic book, he's hardly a superhero. Groo had a comic book and he has the power to slay entire armies singlehandedly... yet he's not a superhero.

Is Cole a superhero? In my eyes, no. In the eyes of a lot of people here, yes. Something that can never be 100% agreed upon.
    biffsig.jpg
  • sigmaseven0sigmaseven0 Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't really see how that's relevant as far as what makes a superhero and what doesn't. Donald Duck had a comic book, he's hardly a superhero. Groo had a comic book and he has the power to slay entire armies singlehandedly... yet he's not a superhero.

Is Cole a superhero? In my eyes, no. In the eyes of a lot of people here, yes. Something that can never be 100% agreed upon.

Does having a comic make you a super hero? no. But its obviously relevant because most of the images and ideals that people draw from to make their personal criteria for a super hero (especially in the more classic context) comes from Comics.

As far as Imfamus goes, i didn't actually play that game so im no expert. Also from what i understand, you have the ability to choose to be good or evil in the game so that makes it even harder to strictly classify him as a "hero".

Any way IMHO most video game protagonist could be classified as super heroes. I would even go as far as to classify Mega Man, Sonic as super heroes.

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
    2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
    edited April 2013
    I don't really see how that's relevant as far as what makes a superhero and what doesn't. Donald Duck had a comic book, he's hardly a superhero.
    Donald Duck is not a superhero?
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PaperinikNewAdventures
    edited April 2013
    Does having a comic make you a super hero? no. But its obviously relevant because most of the images and ideals that people draw from to make their personal criteria for a super hero (especially in the more classic context) comes from Comics.

As far as Imfamus goes, i didn't actually play that game so im no expert. Also from what i understand, you have the ability to choose to be good or evil in the game so that makes it even harder to strictly classify him as a "hero".

Any way IMHO most video game protagonist could be classified as super heroes. I would even go as far as to classify Mega Man, Sonic as super heroes.

I guess for me it lies in whether I can classify something as being in a "superhero genre," which I'd never put Mega Man or Sonic in.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited April 2013

Okay now do Groo. Then do any of the characters from Gasoline Alley. Then Smurfette. Then Franklin from Peanuts. :)
    biffsig.jpg
    edited April 2013
    It's not just important that the characters in question are like superheroes--for many, it is important that the game story arcs, atmosphere, and background we about superheroes, too.

• cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited April 2013

I disagree wholeheartedly. He's not what you consider a hero. Personally, being someone who watches and reads the news and has done research into the global crime problems- I think someone like Punisher is fantastic. I personally think someone like Superman is far from a hero- he literally risks NOTHING 85% of the time he goes out. Even Batman, IMO, would be hung in the real world- every villain he's fought has returned to take more lives, and been more pissed off because Batman chipped one of their teeth or something.

Most 'heroes' are only fighting superhuman threats, but if they were so 'heroic' there'd be no Mexican drug cartels, Taliban, or Cannibal Warlords in Africa- genuine problems that cost human lives nearly every single day- often addressed as part of the world Comic Book heroes exist within. The fact of the matter is, Punisher takes on problems that require someone to sacrifice that little part of us that says 'I don't want killing on my conscience', and does what must be done. Other heroes avoid what he does, simply because they don't want their hands dirty. Point being, most 'heroes' have let a personal code fail them, while Punisher doesn't really have that problem- his biggest concern is some dumbass hero trying to stop him, and he at least has the decency to not kill the misguided sociopaths.

If you think using firearms is wrong or non-heroic, I challenge you to say that on Veteran's day.
    In those demos, I never saw any "repressive police state" - I saw police cars being thrown about like toys by superpowered thugs, terrorizing the populace when they weren't slaughtering each other for kicks. I didn't see any heroes, except possibly the cops willing to lay their non-powered lives on the line to protect the citizens from the threat of mad demigods.

Actually it was pretty obvious those weren't police uniforms. DHS at best, but not cops. And I think that was pretty clear from the markings...
  • tttsssrrr1tttsssrrr1 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Looks interesting, but I have serious doubts they pull it off with enough depth to really count as a superhero game. It honestly seems like it's going to be closer to say... CyberGeneration where they try to focus powers around a cohesive theme rather than the full range of powers that they try to represent in a game like CO. It seems like an ambitious project and I worry if they can actually pull it off.
    edited April 2013
    I think your stretching the term "put down" here. I visit Car related forums and statements like the one above come cheap. No one on those forums gets offended by those statements. "I don't like what you like" is not the same as "I don't like you" I can understand how statements like that can bruise the ego but matters of the ego are our own responsibility, not the responsibility of those around us.

I too think spandex looks ridiculous in most modern contexts. It woks some times (spider man movies) but many times now a days spandex gets replaced by some kind of layered rigid material or armor or pseudo-military type gear. For example imagine the avengers movie with Hawkeye's purple tights costume.... yea changing his look was a good call.

I think what it means to be a hero is becoming more complicated and the images (ex:tights) that we think of as heroic will not be the same as the images (less colorful/more practical) that our children will see as heroic when they get our age. It all depends on what you grew up on.

First off thinking for other people is a no no in my book. Saying things like "No one here gets offended by those statements" makes no sense, unless you somehow have the powers of Professor X (I'm guessing you don't) Secondly, there are more than just one way to see things. That was my point in the post. I saw how what was said could be looked at as a "put down" to a style that the next person likes or enjoys. It was a pretty straight forward observation, IMO.

And that's what it really comes down to in the end. Opinion. And though it might be someone else's opinion that Spandex is cool, and not yours...calling it ridiculous to some people might not be appreciated.

Nothing more to add about the subject.
    Back on to the topic.

That game in the demo piece, is not a threat to CO. PW and Cryptic however, is a different story altogether.