test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New devs and game quality improvement coming in January - Rumor or Truth?

Comments

• Options
    spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    infoshower wrote: »

Well, now.
    tumblr_moni7tHVoq1rzu2xzo1_500.gif
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    "They"?
    Cool vid thou.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,087 Arc User
    edited December 2012

That end part creeps me out DX!!

Sounds like Roinesh Phase 2 + Alien modified Kraken? + Flooded MC...awesome.
  • Options
    solomonk1ngsolomonk1ng Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    0.jpg
    Is Phil Collins the mastermind behind this?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Someones gonna make a helluva pile of cash for selling Cnidaria Shale Coral, Metamorphic Laminaria Kelp and Lamellae Filament to residents of West Side...
  • Options
    sparhawksparhawk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012

I'll admit I'm intrigued.
  • Options
    lordfuzunlordfuzun Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    If it's just a new Alert, meh. A new Comic Series, color me intrigued.
  • Options
    cellarrat33cellarrat33 Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Someones gonna make a helluva pile of cash for selling Cnidaria Shale Coral, Metamorphic Laminaria Kelp and Lamellae Filament to residents of West Side...

I see you're the other person that has done Lemurian missions!

:)

CellarRat33 :: formerly Bsquared

"The great thing about glory unending is that it's dirt cheap!" - Tateklys
    From the Adventures of Thundrax (canadascott)
  • Options
    canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    lordfuzun wrote: »
    If it's just a new Alert, meh. A new Comic Series, color me intrigued.

My guess is neither. It's probably a world event.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    lestylo wrote: »
    So the Winter event is not an event because it is only temporary? The Halloween event is not an event because it is only temporary? So what was once considered an event is no longer an event anymore.

Nope. No one is moving any goalposts here. Not at all. :rolleyes:

Winter and Halloween are guaranteed to return once a year. Is Nighthawk? As a newcomer, I only hear about the event in passing. For me, it might as well have never existed as I never got to see it.

If it's going to come back next year, great. Just make sure it lasts longer than the three days people state it lasted.

Like a month or something.
    No one is saying they are completely content with what is done.

Really? Could have fooled me with all the "stop complaining haters" posts.
    Some of us are saying that if an event is done, call it that, don't call it something else just because it makes you feel better/gives you an excuse to be angry. That's silly.

Actually you're the only one I see saying this. And I don't need an excuse, because I'm only telling it how I see it as a new arrival to this game.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Epic ?Confrontation? and ?Invasion? Encounters - for Vehicles and High-Level Heroes
    - Large-scale, multi-team, outdoor assaults against wave attacks of enemies and escalating tiers of boss encounters
    - Collaborative game play has multiple player teams cooperating to take down enough enemies in the current ?tier? to unlock the next ? for example:
    - After defeating enough waves of invading Lemurian shock troops deployed by drill tanks, the next tier of spider-walking Leviathan Weapon Platforms is deployed?
    - If our heroes cripple enough Leviathans, the next tier of Lemurian Command hover-barges ridden by sorceror-Lieutenants must be conquered?
    - Finally, they unleash? the Kraken! A boss fight to end them all?

Scratch that off from the things to do in UNTIL Field Report.
    Red text is a dead giveaway.....
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's a legitimate alpha of the event. How far it was from completion -- and whether we have devs to finish it -- is another question, but it's hopeful to see it was that far along.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's a legitimate alpha of the event. How far it was from completion -- and whether we have devs to finish it -- is another question, but it's hopeful to see it was that far along.

Untill I see Cryptic's name attached to it and it is placed on the front page of their wesite I cannot beleive it is real. Just a fan made animation.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    lestylolestylo Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Winter and Halloween are guaranteed to return once a year. Is Nighthawk? As a newcomer, I only hear about the event in passing. For me, it might as well have never existed as I never got to see it.

If it's going to come back next year, great. Just make sure it lasts longer than the three days people state it lasted.

Like a month or something.

Really? Could have fooled me with all the "stop complaining haters" posts.

Actually you're the only one I see saying this. And I don't need an excuse, because I'm only telling it how I see it as a new arrival to this game.

So you were not here for the event and you want to argue with someone who was here for it? Really? I think I'm done here. Complain all you want and see how seriously anyone takes you. I missed the 4th of July deal/event but I won't complain about it based on second hand knowledge that may be false. Maybe because it makes sense to me to talk about something you actually experienced. But whatever.

That said, these things seem to reoccur so it would not surprise me if this did. Maybe without vehicles dropping but it may still reoccur.

As for calling things, I'm simply calling it as I see it. I don't think this game is perfect but I don't think it's dead. I do think it needs a lot of things done to it. I do think the devs have dropped he ball more times than I can count. I do think, however, that they have tried and made an effort at times as well. I do think that the current state of the game is not out of some heartlessness or cruelty or whatever. I do think if they could do something they would. And I do think that if you want the devs to listen to you, you should have reasonable concerns and actually be able to speak from experience about somethings. I also think it's divisive as hell to think some people are viewing this game through rose-tinted glasses or working for the game or should be ignored in any capacity just because they express an opinion that is not popular. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the idea of "you're either with us or against us" is a feeling that is becoming all to prevalent on these boards and in this game. It does no one any favors and just makes people want to leave and not bring in new people. It's one reason why I can't suggest this game to anyone in good conscious. Critical opinion is more than allowed but wow, be reasonable about some of the claims here.

That said, I'm off to go play some Skyrim. Do what you want, the game is yours, I don't care any more.
    "I tried to look at that page but saw only inane comments."
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    So you were not here for the event and you want to argue with someone who was here for it? Really? I think I'm done here. Complain all you want and see how seriously anyone takes you. I missed the 4th of July deal/event but I won't complain about it based on second hand knowledge that may be false. Maybe because it makes sense to me to talk about something you actually experienced. But whatever.

That said, these things seem to reoccur so it would not surprise me if this did. Maybe without vehicles dropping but it may still reoccur.

As for calling things, I'm simply calling it as I see it. I don't think this game is perfect but I don't think it's dead. I do think it needs a lot of things done to it. I do think the devs have dropped he ball more times than I can count. I do think, however, that they have tried and made an effort at times as well. I do think that the current state of the game is not out of some heartlessness or cruelty or whatever. I do think if they could do something they would. And I do think that if you want the devs to listen to you, you should have reasonable concerns and actually be able to speak from experience about somethings. I also think it's divisive as hell to think some people are viewing this game through rose-tinted glasses or working for the game or should be ignored in any capacity just because they express an opinion that is not popular. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the idea of "you're either with us or against us" is a feeling that is becoming all to prevalent on these boards and in this game. It does no one any favors and just makes people want to leave and not bring in new people. It's one reason why I can't suggest this game to anyone in good conscious. Critical opinion is more than allowed but wow, be reasonable about some of the claims here.

That said, I'm off to go play some Skyrim. Do what you want, the game is yours, I don't care any more.

I look forward to a future where I could once again suggest this game to a friend and not feel bad. I really do. Though I can't see when that day is, it would be welcomed.
  • Options
    meredyredleafmeredyredleaf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    bwdares wrote: »
    Untill I see Cryptic's name attached to it and it is placed on the front page of their wesite I cannot beleive it is real. Just a fan made animation.

You do realise the amount of work it would require to model all that, frame by frame?
    In the exact same style and the exact same models as Cryptic's?

Well, if you do think it is fan-made, I guess you just made the creator a very huge compliment... ^_^

That being said, it wouldn't be the first thing to hit test / near-completion status and then... be lost to oblivion (see Fire gal and Fridge-boy alert from the PTS)
  • Options
    edited December 2012

You do realise the amount of work it would require to model all that, frame by frame?

Well, if you do think it is fan-made, I guess you just made the creator a very huge compliment... ^_^

That being said, it wouldn't be the first thing to hit test / near-completion status and then... be lost to oblivion (see Fire gal and Fridge-boy alert from the PTS)

I have seen some amazing things when I went to school for computer graphics, so yeah i can see that being a Fan-made video. Honestly I really do hope it is not, I just will reframe from putting hope into it to be disapointed later-I WILL be very happy to be proven wrong though.
  • Options
    edited December 2012

Yeah. And why duplicate upcoming content so closely, rather than make your own event, like the Mechanon video that was posted awhile back? This wouldn't be the first time advance peeks were gleaned from Cryptic's own files: I remember Whiteout 1 being leaked to PTS months before its official launch.

I'm 99.9% sure this is legitimately Cryptic's work.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Yeah. And why duplicate upcoming content so closely, rather than make your own event, like the Mechanon video that was posted awhile back? This wouldn't be the first time advance peeks were gleaned from Cryptic's own files: I remember Whiteout 1 being leaked to PTS months before its official launch.

I'm 99.9% sure this is legitimately Cryptic's work.

Why did you have to bring up Mechanon, it is such a travisty he is not around...especially after the tease from the last Ask Cryptic~the source of all of my frustraition...okay most of it...I never recovered.
  • Options
    edited December 2012

So pretty much what you're saying is, "I got to play it and you didn't, neener neener neener?" Seriously, I see no reason why anyone would need to lie about how the event was handled. A lot of them seem disappointed in their tones that it did not last long enough.
    Critical opinion is more than allowed but wow, be reasonable about some of the claims here.

So expecting a business to actually work on and care for their product and deliver a quality experience to their customers is suddenly "unreasonable" now? Okay, then. I'm definitely not taking you seriously ever again.
  • Options
    vikaernesvikaernes Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Very interested.
  • Options
    hocofaisanhocofaisan Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Pigg diving is against the rules isn't it?
    POSITIVE ABOUT CO IN 2013!
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Well...publicly admitting it, anyway. :biggrin:
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    What we probably get is, Lemurian Drill invasion. You can see the Drills in loading screen. It introduces New Vehicle, has an event that will be gone after week or two (or 2 days if it breaks), return of an hero whos reasons and goals will be revealed on a mission chain (defeat fishmobs, gather Scales and invade underwater base) which will be gone after the event. The Event also introduces new AT; the Submariner, along with Water Power Set.
    After that the Rabblerabble starts again.

Yeah Submarine Devices that can only be used underwater :D
    Errr .. i mean Submarine "fully customizable Vehicles" of course :tongue:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    sigmaseven0sigmaseven0 Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited December 2012

You have a very appropriate forum name in the context of this post.:wink:

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
    2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,603 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    If this becomes a separate Millennium City zone for an event type multiple part raid, I will be so happy.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    You mean an instance? Yeah, that'd be cool.
  • Options
    savagedeaconsavagedeacon Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Originally Posted by flyingfinn
    What we probably get is, Lemurian Drill invasion. You can see the Drills in loading screen. It introduces New Vehicle, has an event that will be gone after week or two (or 2 days if it breaks), return of an hero whos reasons and goals will be revealed on a mission chain (defeat fishmobs, gather Scales and invade underwater base) which will be gone after the event. The Event also introduces new AT; the Submariner, along with Water Power Set.
    After that the Rabblerabble starts again.
    The Submariner? are we not infringig something here? Namely a Marvel's copyright?:biggrin:
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Hell, call it Submerged then...Or Prince of Tides.
    Or Squirtle.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    The Lemerian Kraken "alert" (or whatever)? Back to meh. I don't mean to badmouth the Cryptic devs. I know they working hard on the almost nonexistent resources and deadlines they are given. But I fully expect this to be half-assed in execution line all of the new things that have been attempted with CO.

My predictions for the new years: The Kraken built will stay on PTS for an extended period of time. For any upcoming world event, they will be struggling with maintaining disparate builds on PTS. And for those looking forward to the Telepath revamp, so sorry. No revamp for you. Relegated to the back burner like almost everything else.
  • Options
    bacardiserrallesbacardiserralles Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Or Squirtle.

For an Archetype? No better Champs quality name than

"The Seamen"
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited December 2012

"The Seamen"

Hey, keep your seamen to yourself, bub.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    savagedeaconsavagedeacon Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Or Squirtle.

Or you could call him "Aquaman". DC comics would be happy to have someone else to take the burden from them (btw it is the only char that never got killed in a crisis ) :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
  • Options
    pwkampfykaufmannpwkampfykaufmann Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    After seeing that video I'd really prefer if they made a Comic Series out of it. All that enviromental desgin work wasted again for a one week long event...

Also: The Mariner!
  • Options
    bghostbghost Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    i know this is off topic but what happened to the monthly ask cryptic
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Or you could call him "Aquaman". DC comics would be happy to have someone else to take the burden from them (btw it is the only char that never got killed in a crisis ) :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Actually, for the first time in a long time, Aquaman is coming along really well at the moment in DC.

I vote for The Aquanaut:smile:
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    bghost wrote: »
    i know this is off topic but what happened to the monthly ask cryptic

The quit when people got mad at the last one having cookie cutter answers to the simplest of questions. They dodged alot of questions that were asked several times in the questions thread.

It is plausible they are too busy as well.
  • Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It's obvious what the water archetype will be called...

THE TSUNAMI! :D

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    The Lemerian Kraken "alert" (or whatever)? Back to meh. I don't mean to badmouth the Cryptic devs. I know they working hard on the almost nonexistent resources and deadlines they are given. But I fully expect this to be half-assed in execution line all of the new things that have been attempted with CO.

My predictions for the new years: The Kraken built will stay on PTS for an extended period of time. For any upcoming world event, they will be struggling with maintaining disparate builds on PTS. And for those looking forward to the Telepath revamp, so sorry. No revamp for you. Relegated to the back burner like almost everything else.

Your telepath revamp remark better be a joke. I went from Silver to LTS because of it. Waited 4 months so far to play my most loved toon, which also happens to be my first toon. Telepathic powers like what I have seen on PTS, alot of work went into it, I very much doubt that it would become a back burner.

What I expect to happen next year is: More complaints about Cryptic not putting out content, Devs come back once NWO is released, they churn out Phase 2, Telepathy and Hold Reviews, Kraken alert build is put out on PTS for an extended amount of time, Comic Series regarding Roinesh/Lemurian team up which leads to Kraken.

That is me being positive.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Your telepath revamp remark better be a joke. I went from Silver to LTS because of it. Waited 4 months so far to play my most loved toon, which also happens to be my first toon. Telepathic powers like what I have seen on PTS, alot of work went into it, I very much doubt that it would become a back burner.

What I expect to happen next year is: More complaints about Cryptic not putting out content, Devs come back once NWO is released, they churn out Phase 2, Telepathy and Hold Reviews, Kraken alert build is put out on PTS for an extended amount of time, Comic Series regarding Roinesh/Lemurian team up which leads to Kraken.

That is me being positive.

I wish Cryptic's new years resolution would be to give CO some love. That would be great. and with all the work that has already gone into Telepathy, i doubt they'll just drop it, they were onto some great things.
  • Options
    pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    So, you think abandoning CO because it's not a licensed game (and that only because Cryptic bought the whole franchicse instead fo just a license, mind you) is a logical step for Cryptic to take?
    CO having a low population is Cryptic's own fault. Not enough advertisement, no attempts to actually attract the former CoH players, but instead a limited character creator and a crappy tutorial to greet the newbies. :rolleyes:

Not at all, but I'm not arguing logic. I'm arguing history and pattern. I'm saying "based on all evidence provided thus far, why do people believe the next course of action will run contrary to established norms?"
    I'm also not disagreeing it's Cryptic's fault, I believe very much and have said several times that while our Devs love CO, nothing in space/time could hate anything else in space/time as much as marketing/administration hate CO.
    I'm not him, but it doesn't look to me that he's saying it's logical at all. He's saying it's likely to happen, logical or not.

::fistbump::

"The Seamen"

Oh.... oh my god.... I would pay good, real money to see that.....

Re: the video - interested, but I don't believe it.
  • Options
    flechusflechus Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The Seaman?

But i wanted it to be called "The Wettening" or "The Moisture", even "The shower"

I support "Sell Z-store items individually" & Japan Zone
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Your telepath revamp remark better be a joke.

No it wasn't a joke. It's finally me being pragmatic. You've been waiting how long for the Telepathy rework? It's back-burnered. I'm not saying it's been shelved.

Cryptic has always prided itself to being able to createing MMORPGs with a small development team. Well things are nominal (i.e. no time pressure, adequate funding levels, etc) Cryptic has and can develop products until things stop being nominal.

I've been playing Cryptic games since he closed beta of City of Heroes. I've been through think and thin. The problem is that (in my opinion, always my opinion) Cryptic playes it too clos to the line. When things get thin the quality of their development goes out the window. The know rule of thumb of thump: "X, Y and Z. Pick two"? For Cryptic in the rough times it becomes "..Pick one". Don't believe me? Take a good objective look at the dwindling development cycles that Champions Online has had for 2012. Right now Champions Online is down to getting crumbs. It's just above being put on maintenance. My meaning is that somethings being seen now where in the production pipeline. The reaming devs has managed to bring thing fruition to see the light of day in the live game server. But how long will this last? It's it ongoing? Or will it come to a halt? How much can the rumored "two" devs really do to create content for an MMORPG. It takes a lot more than two people to do it.

No my reasoning for this sorry state is as follows. Champions Online and Star Trek Online has been really flawed launches of the game. Champions Online because (remember my opinions) of their asinine closed beta testing of only keeping the game server up a couple of times a week for several hours. Great for squeezing out bugs and server performance testing. But it's lousy for getting leveling metrics and lousy for really going long term game balance metrics. Cryptic really blew if with the launch day defense reductions AND screwing up the leveling curve so the game didn't have near enough content to reach the level cap.

And they has more issues with a flawed test server testing and patching. The really first substantial patch from PTS has a game ecnomy revamp the EP really wanted to get into the game. The patch hit PTS on Friday and it was sceduled to his the game server on Sunday evening maintance. However there was a really BIG bug of henchmen doing a LOT more damage then they should have been. The PTS testers found it. Dutifully bugged it. Saying that the update should not go live. Customer Rep folks acknowledging it on the forums even. I don't know what happend internall at Cryptic over that weekend. But the update went live.

I knowing of the big didn't even bother logged into CO that day. I knew without a doubt of the player opinions would be on the forums. And guess what? Cryptic has an emergency server patch that Monday. It's just me but calling Ops and stopping the update for one day would have saved a lot of grief.

On now on STO, STO's game launched if probably better know here. The problem was is was launched much to early. The problem was the imminent expiration of their game license. And with the shenanigans of Atari "(What? We have to keep spending money on MMORG to keep making money in the long terms?!?!?). the cutoff of funds pending the ultimate disposition of Cryptic being sold to Perfect World. And the year of no content as the dev team went dark to rewrite the game it a F2P business model. In spite of that, the game is doing a lot better. And with it being a big moneky making for PWE, Cryptic has to keep pushing forward with providing more resources to STO to get a "full" development team. And they HAVE to hit a home run with Season 8. They need to be creating content not new systems and technology with content sprinkled in. So STO has been getting a lot of resources that it should have had from day one. (Remember my opinion).

And lets not forget the dearly departed City of Heroes. It's had it's share of big bungles of as well. I'll not go into details for look up the launch of Issue 2 for COH.

Where was I? Oh yes. Cryptic abysmal track record with game launches. Cryptic can't afford that any longer. Otherwise their vaunted development team-lite business model will become a laughting stock. Which leads up to the imminent launched of Neverwinter. Cryptic has to succeed. They need a solid game. With plenty of content to get the power gamers satisfied until the Foundry comes it's own with content. The Foundry for Neverwinter has to be solid. and has to work. Game balance has to be in the ballpark. They can't be drastically altering on launch day. Etc, etc. For these and other reasons, Neverwinter has been getting resources poured into as well.

Now as I previously mentioned, Cryptic runs things very close to the line. This has lead up to the current lack of resources for Champions Online. Neverwinter is still weeks or few months away from launch. Even if they miraculous higher a "full" CO development teams, on Jan 2, it would be months before Champions Online would see any substantial new content added to the game.

That in my opinion is the current state of Cryptic Studios. Stuff that I have been thinking about for quite a while. I really don't now that the future holds for CO. Cryptic's deafening silence on the state of Champions Online is all we have. Even that tidbit about a job liting for a content designer doesn't tell much at all. Maybe a turning poiint? Or maybe the current content designer no longer works at Cryptic.

This turn out much longer that I intented. But I need to get a it out of my system. @RavenForce, I think you'll get you revamped Telepathy eventually. I do. But it's my opninion, you'll need to be extremely patient.
  • Options
    gandalesgandales Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    My guessing is that the corporate plan goes in some way agaisnt us.

Aside Cryptic games, most pwe games are adaptations from asian games, so the main development is translation and other customization for western market like cash shops.

CO, STO and soon NWO will be games developed in USA. STO had a bad start but it has been getting attention little by little (mainly for the IP) so while it could be better it is definitely not on life support, even for some analyst it might be doing pretty good.

On the other hand, NWO is the real star for pwe to consolidate themselves into the western market with possibilities to export to Asia.

Given that situation, it is not surprised that NWO has the highest priority.

The main question is if CO can wait until NWO doesn't need too much attention. Financially I would say yes. Not because revenues, it is low level of production costs that will allow CO to stay alive. If Vanguard is still alive after so many years, CO can stay and even have its comeback if the circunstances are favorable.

I am not going to ask PWE/Cryptic or pledge boycotts. I just going to play if I feel like playing and spend money if I see fit. They are big boys and they should know how their actions(or lack of them) affect us, and how much attention they are willing to give us.
  • Options
    sigmaseven0sigmaseven0 Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Neverwinter is still weeks or few months away from launch.
    Has closed Beta started yet? and if so, wheres my LTS beta invite?
    @RavenForce, I think you'll get you revamped Telepathy eventually. I do. But it's my opninion, you'll need to be extremely patient.
    The Telepathy power pass is already basically done as far as balance is concerned, it's just the FX that need doing.

I think the delay is mostly because vehicle FX took resources from Telepathy FX ( it think there's only one guy (Splosions) that does FX). And rite after Vehicles came the holidays.

Its not like the telepathy pass is a whole new power set, id be surprised if Telepathy didn't launch by the end of January.

EDIT:
    Speaking of betas, Ive been pretty impressed with FireFall's beta.

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
    2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,603 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You mean an instance? Yeah, that'd be cool.

I mean an actual zone that's nothing but an open mission for players to stay for the whole duration or come and go as they please. Rewards to be given at each stage.
  • Options
    sparhawksparhawk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Has closed Beta started yet? and if so, wheres my LTS beta invite?

Not that I've heard. I don't have my beta invite yet either, so I would say NWO is months away from launching yet (I suspect the release window will be pushed back again). As has been pointed out, Cryptic would be very unwise to attempt another rushed half-baked release.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    The Telepathy power pass is already basically done as far as balance is concerned, it's just the FX that need doing.

I think the delay is mostly because vehicle FX took resources from Telepathy FX ( it think there's only one guy (Splosions) that does FX). And rite after Vehicles came the holidays.

Its not like the telepathy pass is a whole new power set, id be surprised if Telepathy didn't launch by the end of January.

EDIT:
    Speaking of betas, Ive been pretty impressed with FireFall's beta.

I agree fx is all that needs doing really. I was told however that Phase2 is most likely to be churned out before telepathy
  • Options
    lestylolestylo Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So pretty much what you're saying is, "I got to play it and you didn't, neener neener neener?"

If that is what you got from my post then I don't know what to tell you.

Seriously, I see no reason why anyone would need to lie about how the event was handled. A lot of them seem disappointed in their tones that it did not last long enough.

I recall it lasting longer. This is why I don't get the comments about how short it was. I'm not going t bother assuming why some regard it lasting one way and some another.
    So expecting a business to actually work on and care for their product and deliver a quality experience to their customers is suddenly "unreasonable" now? Okay, then. I'm definitely not taking you seriously ever again.

I've actually commented on this numerous times in this thread and others but feel free to twist my words some more. No, it's hard to take someone seriously who bases any aspect of their outrage on second-hand knowledge. It's like being pissed at a movie you've never seen. It doesn't make sense. There's a reason why I'm not commenting on the people who I know were here for the event. They have their opinion on it and that's fine. They were here for it after all. So, yeah, I won't be taking you seriously as well.
    "I tried to look at that page but saw only inane comments."
  • Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Its not like the telepathy pass is a whole new power set, id be surprised if Telepathy didn't launch by ...

Telepathy Now