test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Transitioning from CoH

Comments

• nightr0dnightr0d Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    archivist7 wrote: »
    On behalf of all former City of Heroes players, I would like to publicly apologize for all and any comments made or to be made by pikabko1000 on those forums. Please do not associate this type of ranting with the typical behaviour of City of Heroes forum-goers.

On a slightly related note: where is the forums' "ignore" button ?...

Answer:

<Morpheus voice>

In your mind......

</Morpheus voice>

Unfortunately "there is no ignore button" :P. (lol could not help myself) :tongue:
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I can't even find a "Report Post" button.

But don't you dare apologize! That lunatic is no fault of ours! :eek:
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • stoopidmestoopidme Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    On behalf of all former City of Heroes players, I would like to publicly apologize for all and any comments made or to be made by pikabko1000 on those forums. Please do not associate this type of ranting with the typical behaviour of City of Heroes forum-goers.

On a slightly related note: where is the forums' "ignore" button ?...

Don't worry, it was already clear to me he was more of a 'special' case.

Brick_McDuggins in game.
  • pikabko1000pikabko1000 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    LOOK SORRY i got bad news. I stopped playing Champion Online I will not log to that again.
    sorry please hear me out
    NC soft removed my City of Heroes account from my NC soft account so I lost all my data reguarding my city of heores
    ok I do need a off line mod so I can play off line
    then back up all my city of heroes files and make a bootable discs to install city of heroes with all my files including all the download updates and patches.
    find ways to fight giant monsters Like the Giant Octopus solo
    level up 550 w/ 553 enhancement
    cna any one help me out
    I keep testing so many mmorpg and I keep asking all of them to close it
    I want my coh back
    edited December 2012
    What you want does not exist and would not work. Half the stuff needed to make that work was on CoX's servers, never your computer. It simply doesn't work that way unless someone gets that information and puts it up on a server somewhere (more or less that kind of thing is being investigated, but no significant progress and it's kind of illegal depending on how it's shared).

What you're doing is "having a tantrum". Adapt to reality, because it's not going to adapt to you.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • savagedeaconsavagedeacon Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    LOOK SORRY i got bad news. I stopped playing Champion Online I will not log to that again.
    sorry please hear me out
    NC soft removed my City of Heroes account from my NC soft account so I lost all my data reguarding my city of heores
    then back up all my city of heroes files and make a bootable discs to install city of heroes with all my files including all the download updates and patches.
    cna any one help me out
    I want my coh back

I don't see why the other mmorpgs should close just because you are unable to get over the loss of your favorite one. Life goes on. When CoH did shut down I left my favorite char with miss Liberty in Atlas Park asking her to take care of my alt since I could nevermore. She is now in the heaven of the game characters. This doesn't mean that my beloved CO chars should die or be abandoned for that . Far from it.Now I love them even more.
  • freakstreakfreakstreak Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    sorry please hear me out
    cna any one help me out
    I want my coh back
    Well, we all knew posts like these would appear after CoX's Assassination.. People baring grudges and all.. As far as i'm concerned, we're dealing with a very young kid who can't get over a loss.. I would simply tell you to relax, turn off the cell shading from CO, make a character and play.. If you spend some time in the game, you'll eventually discover how nice it is.. :wink:

Other Side Of The Coin! : Refering to Lusca as "Giant Octopus" gets me thinking.. What exactly is your REAL goal with these posts, friend? Cause if you had a character who would reach Independence Port, you would've known the name of the "Giant Octopus".. Especially if CoX was your "personal favorite" game!
    witchcraft.jpg

• kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I don't think that particular poster is the sharpest knife in the drawer.
  • freakstreakfreakstreak Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    No need to apologize, we know already and never expect that from CoX players.. We've been there, CoX had as far as i'm concerned one of the nicest communities in the MMO world..

I really hope we're helping you in your "new" home as much as you would've hoped for..
    witchcraft.jpg

• fallenvalkyrjafallenvalkyrja Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    @Oskmey from Virtue reporting for duty. I have been bouncing around GW2, Planetside 2, City of Steam beta, The Secret World, and a few more I am forgetting. Tried DCOU back in beta and it actually moved me to stop playing video games for about two weeks. Trying out CO and trying to learn the ropes.

Running the Blade Archetype on a Silver account. So far it has been fun.

Still need to do a search on the Auction house. I enjoyed playing the market in CoH. It helped fund my soft cappyness.

Is there a guide that has some ideas for creating some of the power sets in CoX? My main was a katana/dark armor. I loved my electric/energy blaster and my Khelds.

Happy Holidays to all!
    edited December 2012
    @Oskmey from Virtue reporting for duty. I have been bouncing around GW2, Planetside 2, City of Steam beta, The Secret World, and a few more I am forgetting. Tried DCOU back in beta and it actually moved me to stop playing video games for about two weeks. Trying out CO and trying to learn the ropes.

Still need to do a search on the Auction house. I enjoyed playing the market in CoH. It helped fund my soft cappyness.

Is there a guide that has some ideas for creating some of the power sets in CoX? My main was a katana/dark armor. I loved my electric/energy blaster and my Khelds.

Happy Holidays to all!

I don't know about any guide but here you can see a complete list of the power sets

http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Power_Sets
    edited December 2012
    Note that that's an incomplete and outdated listing of powers.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited December 2012

Happy Holidays to all!
    Recreating your katana/dark armor toon can't be done with with one powerset but can be done with mix'n'matching various existing powersets. But for doing it you'll need either a subscription or a purchase of FF character slot.
    Katana is more or less single blade powerset, dark armor can be simulated (though not 100% accurate) with mixing powers from the darkness and infernal supernatural powersets.

Unless you doesn't mind simply any kind of superpowered swordsman, then using the unleashed AT is the most simple possible way. It was meant as a Jedi homage, but truth be told, it's simply a generic energy powered swordfighter.
  • fallenvalkyrjafallenvalkyrja Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Thanks for the replies, I really appreciate it. I was looking at the Darkness powerset last night and trying to figure out how to rebuild my main here and try to redo my MF Warshade.

No idea if I will sub or not at this point. I am enjoying myself but if there is not much of a change in leveling for each character then I will probably get bored pretty quickly. Plus the flow of new content with CoH spoiled me.

I may have a friend coming back to CO to team up and run some content with and that would be another plus to picking up a sub. Time shall tell.

Thanks again!
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Tried DCOU back in beta and it actually moved me to stop playing video games for about two weeks.

That is going on a T-Shirt.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • lolife67lolife67 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hey all!

I'm another transplant from CoX and just started this game yesterday. I've gotten a monthly sub so I can seee all that CO has to offer. So far, I gotta say I like it! I enjoy RPing and I'm a big fan of teaming.

Hope to see you all in game. Hit me up @Lolife67 if you see me.
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    lolife67 wrote: »
    Hey all!

I'm another transplant from CoX and just started this game yesterday. I've gotten a monthly sub so I can seee all that CO has to offer. So far, I gotta say I like it! I enjoy RPing and I'm a big fan of teaming.

Hope to see you all in game. Hit me up @Lolife67 if you see me.

Welcome to the game.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
    edited December 2012
    bwdares wrote: »
    Welcome to the game.

Thanks.

Oh, and a correction. I'm actually addrhodes76@[INSERT CHARACTER NAME] in game.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    lolife67 wrote: »
    Thanks.

Oh, and a correction. I'm actually [INSERT CHARACTER NAME]@addrhodes76 in game.

Fixed that for ya.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited December 2012
    Fixed that for ya.

AHA!

Thanks again.
  • anixxanixx Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    im just looking for a sg thats noob friendly and can help me get better at this game. so far im trying my best to like it but the lack of teaming and so many ppl talking in zone chat is throwing me off this game feels more single player based to me. with a bunch of ppl just talking in zone chat......
    edited December 2012
    anixx wrote: »
    im just looking for a sg thats noob friendly and can help me get better at this game. so far im trying my best to like it but the lack of teaming and so many ppl talking in zone chat is throwing me off this game feels more single player based to me. with a bunch of ppl just talking in zone chat......

Actually its that fact that brought me to CO. Its IS a solo game with people chatting in zone alot. I do mishes then chat in zone for a bit then wack Mega D ^__^

But teaming is there if so wanted . These two groups are great SECRET and ALL STARS. Sign up with any of these guys and you'll get all the help and teaming you need.
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    edited December 2012
    anixx wrote: »

Eh, join the CoX channel. It might be easier to find what you need through there.
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    *taps microphone*

Hi, another from COH trying to settle in. Took a little to get my account stuff straightened since I've had an unused account for a while and the whole merger thing wasn't playing nice with it. Getting a feel for some of the differences so far.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • evolutionisevolutionis Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm new to CO (although I played the free trial years ago when it first launched). I'm a refugee from the long-lamented City of Heroes.

I'm trying to do all the content on my first character. He reached level 22 in the Desert, and now he's in the Canadian Wilderness.

I did complete some missions in Canada at a lower level ? rescuing passengers from the crashed plane. And I have a mission: ?Oceanica's Other Threat,? at level 16 that I can't make progress on. I'm supposed to find ice demons around the crash site and collect their fetishes. But I go there and the area is swarming with para-military guys with dogs called Hunter-Patriots or something.

I'd like to complete this mission, and the one that follow it (Subzero Servant, Into the Storm), but it looks like the zone may have changed because of my higher level.

I don't want to just drop the story arc I started, because there's at least one perk attached to one of the following missions. Is there a way to complete this mission? If I team up with a lvl 16 character, would he be able to defeat ice demons and then I'd get credit for them? If I did, would the next mission in line (Subzero Servant) be offered to me?

Thanks in advance.
    edited January 2013
    Yeah, sounds like you're not in the Canadian Crisis anymore. There's no way to go back, so you're pretty much **** out of luck.
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What you are looking for is the Canadian Crisis, not regular Canada. I do not know if you can get back in, but you may want to check at the Super Jet in M.C. or the Helicopter right next to it. They MAY allow you to go back to the Crisis to finish it. If you can't, its no huge loss. You can make up the ground easily enough with the missions you will be receiving shortly. If they are a level or two above or below you, don't worry.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • stormshadow2742stormshadow2742 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    As a COX refuge, it's time to admit it. I want this game to be the answer, however, it is a terrible game. I don't want a vehicle, I want better gear, except there is only 6 pieces of gear. Not much to choose from. 1 server, probably because it only has 5 zones in the entire world. And if thats not bad enough, the patch server is bugged. This is just pathetic.
  • deathsentry2012deathsentry2012 Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    As a COX refuge, it's time to admit it. I want this game to be the answer, however, it is a terrible game. I don't want a vehicle, I want better gear, except there is only 6 pieces of gear. Not much to choose from. 1 server, probably because it only has 5 zones in the entire world. And if thats not bad enough, the patch server is bugged. This is just pathetic.

Um...er..sigh..what the heck.. COX refugee here too and I wholeheartedly agree.. I'm going to look into downgrading to silver from gold and probably take a hiatus until maybe the Phoenix project comes around...
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited January 2013

You are of course entitled to your opinion about the game (personally I found COH to be a terrible game).

If it helps at all, there may be only 6 gear slots but each primary piece can hold multiple mods in addition to its innate characteristics and there are numerous combinations of stats/characteristics on secondary gear as well.

The single server design was influenced about complaints of difficulty in playing with friends in other games (specifically COH). CO had a single server when there were hundreds of instances of of the combined game world.

If you don't want a vehicle don't buy one. I am not sure I understand that particular complaint. I don't want a coconut cream pie...so I don't buy one.

I agree that bugs affecting aspects of a game, such as a patch server for example, are frustrating. Luckily for the gaming community as a whole only CO suffers from bugs.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited January 2013

In CoX, every power needed to be slotted for accuracy, recharge, damage, end reduction, or various other properties. In CO, your powers always hit, and your gear mainly affects your stats or ancillary character attributes - like crit chance, dodge chance, power cost reduction, etc.

Your stats also affect things like cooldown reduction, heal amount, crit chance, and so on. You don't need six slots per power - you need only choose stats, a passive, and those 6 pieces of gear, to compliment your build.

While I am not fond of vehicles, we the players sort of did this to ourselves by pushing for them early on, (albeit not in their current implementation as 'become devices').
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • ravancheravanche Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013

No, it's not pathetic. It's just not City of Heroes. By now I'm assuming you've probably left the game, but this goes for anyone unspoken that shares the opinion. Once you get past the mindset of "It's super-heroes, so it should be just like City" it goes much smoother. You start playing CO as it's own creation.

This is from someone that played CoX since Beta. Sure, the systems are different. Yes, there are powers CoH had CO doesn't. There are also many things in CO that you could, and according to Paragon never would be able, to do. Freeform characters. Not trapped into a pigeonholed AT to mimic the MMO standbys of Defender, Controller, DPS, Tank.
    You want a ranged character that tanks? Can do. Ranged damage that can heal? Not a problem.

For me it's being able to finally build all the concepts I've had banging around in my head without having to shoehorn them into the narrow limits of the CoH AT system. I can build a speedster that isn't just a Tank/Scrapper that uses a super-speed travel power that gets shut off the second a fight begins. I can build my Kryptonian-inspired character, and not have my Heat Vision be a gimpy little power pool power (Aw, she shoots eyebeams. Isn't that precious? She acts like it does damage!).
    I can build a martial artist that isn't limited to 6 animations per attack.

I can make a character who's face isn't just a preset texture glued onto a low-rez model.

I can make my imagination come alive here. Add to that nearly 30 years of lore from the PnP game that I loved so much and CO is a far more filled-out game.

As for the lockboxes, vehicles and the like, I ignore them. They don't do anything for me, even though I know tons of people love them. It's not like you MUST have them to play the game, unlike the atrocious mudflation Incarnate system from CoH.

IMO, as with all things, CO is it's own creature. Treat it as such.
    edited February 2013
    Bingo. Now that I'm familiar with both...CoX was a good game; CO is a good game. Some things CO does better/differently and vice versa.

Adapt. Improvise. Overcome. :wink:
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
    edited February 2013
    many that compare (and complain) CO to other games more often than not don't see where the great strenght of CO is: with most games the player has to adapt to the game, CO adapt itself to the player.
    For example:many formers CoH players ask for that powerset or that archetype and don't see that they are already in the game ready to be created by them and all they need is some skin, a costumisation or two and a little imagination :wink:
  • tripphtripph Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Former CoXer, trying to transition to CO after getting over the loss of CoX.

And I have one simple question.

How the flock do I not die every single battle?!

I have one character while I'm trying to learn the game, a Grimoire, Level 7, ("Doctor Nu"), I have the first three power plus the freebies from the tutorial, and I just cannot seem to survive against more than one opponent. And I'm usually almost dead by the time I defeat even a single one.

I am using block, but then I can't attack. And some damage still comes through. I see constant references to healing myself, but I'm trying Co as a Silver, so I'm limited to my Archetype. How do I heal myself? How do I avoid dieing quickly every time? In the Name of Nu, what am I doing wrong?!

I'm used to playing Blasters in CoH (never played villains, just not my flavor), but I've figured out the Ranged Damage types here are quite different from just "Blaster".

Suggestions? Another thread I should post this in? (Can't start my own yet.) Should I be playing a different Archetype as a newbie?

Thanks in advance!

edit:

PS: I've always been more of a soloer than a teamer.
    _____

I'm still fairly new. If I screwed up again, let me know.
    edited February 2013
    tripph wrote: »
    Former CoXer, trying to transition to CO after getting over the loss of CoX.

And I have one simple question.

How the flock do I not die every single battle?!

I have one character while I'm trying to learn the game, a Grimoire, Level 7, ("Doctor Nu"), I have the first three power plus the freebies from the tutorial, and I just cannot seem to survive against more than one opponent. And I'm usually almost dead by the time I defeat even a single one.

I am using block, but then I can't attack. And some damage still comes through. I see constant references to healing myself, but I'm trying Co as a Silver, so I'm limited to my Archetype. How do I heal myself? How do I avoid dieing quickly every time? In the Name of Nu, what am I doing wrong?!

I'm used to playing Blasters in CoH (never played villains, just not my flavor), but I've figured out the Ranged Damage types here are quite different from just "Blaster".

Suggestions? Another thread I should post this in? (Can't start my own yet.) Should I be playing a different Archetype as a newbie?

Thanks in advance!

edit:

PS: I've always been more of a soloer than a teamer.

If you have played blasters in CoX you no doubt know how squishy they were even there.
    At lvl 7 a Grimoire don't even has a passive not to mention that you will get the first healing power to lvl 17. So wait at least to reach lvl 8 when you will get Aura of primal majesty.
    I play a grimoire myself, now and then ,and I haven't any problem so far. Don't forget to use sigil of primal storm and to fully charge eldritch blast.
    Unlike CoX where you could only tap a power and that power always did the same damage, here you can tap for a fast strike that don't do much damage and charge(keep pressed the key) a power for a lot more damage
    Ps don't forget to equip your gear your main stats are inteligence , ego and presence but constitution and recovery are useful for everyone
    edited February 2013
    Um...er..sigh..what the heck.. COX refugee here too and I wholeheartedly agree.. I'm going to look into downgrading to silver from gold and probably take a hiatus until maybe the Phoenix project comes around...

Agreeing with ones self is the first sign of madness......
    edited February 2013
    If you have played blasters in CoX you no doubt know how squishy they were even there.
    At lvl 7 a Grimoire don't even has a passive not to mention that you will get the first healing power to lvl 17. So wait at least to reach lvl 8 when you will get Aura of primal majesty.
    I play a grimoire myself, now and then ,and I haven't any problem so far. Don't forget to use sigil of primal storm and to fully charge eldritch blast.
    Unlike CoX where you could only tap a power and that power always did the same damage, here you can tap for a fast strike that don't do much damage and charge(keep pressed the key) a power for a lot more damage
    Ps don't forget to equip your gear your main stats are inteligence , ego and presence but constitution and recovery are useful for everyone

I just don't remember being THIS squishy, even at the low levels. Gear's equipped, all the free stuff is slotted. I understand charging the blast, and using the other power to build energy back up. Blast is also useful as a tap power, just not as good as when it's charged.

Thanks. I guess I just have to die my way through the low levels?
    _____

edited February 2013
    Was running into the same thing; as I got into higher levels and doing retcons, I saw a build on a forum which referenced some options. So now I get masterful dodge from martial arts and unbreakable from technology and make sure I get enough intelligence to shorten their cool down cycle as much as I can. I also recently added IDF from Force to help in-between those power recharges (also took a heal from technology/power armor).

But I too would love to see any other suggestions to make toons less squishy (I got a PA and even in tank mode, Gravitar just kills him without breaking a sweat).

I saw someone doing PvP and thought they mentioned another Force power that they geared up to have a quick recycle..seemed to help them stand toe-to-toe with Gravitar.
    tripph wrote: »
    I just don't remember being THIS squishy, even at the low levels. Gear's equipped, all the free stuff is slotted. I understand charging the blast, and using the other power to build energy back up. Blast is also useful as a tap power, just not as good as when it's charged.

Thanks. I guess I just have to die my way through the low levels?
    edited February 2013
    So.. on the subject of builds, with my freeform PA I was able to improve my defense as noted above, however, he doesn't do much damage. His build is:
    - Inherent: Invincible, Primary SS: Recovery, Secondary SS: Intelligence, Constitution.
    - Talents: Enduring, Energetic, Daredevil, Indomitable, healthy mind, shooter.
    - Powers: overdrive, wrist bolter, concussive beam, micro munitions, shoulder launcher, chest beam, mini gun (u238 rounds), quarry (level 2), unbreakable, masterful dodge, IDF, invulnerability. Most are at level 2 except for reconstructive circuits (3) and the others so noted.

Any idea on how I can keep the defense while increasing the damage potential? Was thinking perhaps of getting EGO as a secondary stat and try to build endurance through specializations, or maybe keep my stats the same and possibly change the talents.
  • gingervitosgingervitos Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So.. on the subject of builds, with my freeform PA I was able to improve my defense as noted above, however, he doesn't do much damage. His build is:
    - Inherent: Invincible, Primary SS: Recovery, Secondary SS: Intelligence, Constitution.
    - Talents: Enduring, Energetic, Daredevil, Indomitable, healthy mind, shooter.
    - Powers: overdrive, wrist bolter, concussive beam, micro munitions, shoulder launcher, chest beam, mini gun (u238 rounds), quarry (level 2), unbreakable, masterful dodge, IDF, invulnerability. Most are at level 2 except for reconstructive circuits (3) and the others so noted.

Any idea on how I can keep the defense while increasing the damage potential? Was thinking perhaps of getting EGO as a secondary stat and try to build endurance through specializations, or maybe keep my stats the same and possibly change the talents.

Making your FF PA better. I can help you with that mate. Don't call it War Machine and your FF PA will be 100% more cooler. No need to thank me, I am here to help. :cool:

Git Gud M8!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cause I'm worth it. Playing since 2009.
    edited February 2013
    Thanks gingervitos!!! Really appreciate it!! ideally would love it to have great defense and damage if possible..my first iterations were mostly offense (so many powers to choose from) but didn't last long in a fight (smile). Would you think talents are the way to go?
  • gingervitosgingervitos Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thanks gingervitos!!! Really appreciate it!! ideally would love it to have great defense and damage if possible..my first iterations were mostly offense (so many powers to choose from) but didn't last long in a fight (smile). Would you think talents are the way to go?

Name thing aside. Go with talents that have REC along with your main stats, unless REC is your main stat, if your sticking to the power armor concept as in making a FF version of The Invincible as that suffers from poor energy management. REC as a forth stat is good for any build to be honest means you can spam your powers more , more power spam more damage.

Git Gud M8!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cause I'm worth it. Playing since 2009.
    edited February 2013
    So I shelved Dr. Nu and used my other free slot to create an archer.

And I'm doing just fine! So I'll just stick with "ranged DPS" archetypes rather than "balanced" ones for now. Ranged may be squishier, but as long as you kill all of them before they put you down, it's all good.

See you in the game!
    _____

edited February 2013
    Yeah, was thinking of staying with recovery as my primary with CON and INT as secondaries. So maybe will look at getting more damage through talents. Must admit, I don't know a thing about gear and how effective it can be (keep getting gear that gets automatically bound) so really need to look more closely at fusion (need to go through the powerhouse tutorial again).

Sadly, Freeforms are so addictive, I have to pull myself away sometimes at night, otherwise will be late for work (smile) but it does take more effort it seems to really exploit their potential, bu well worth it from what I've seen. Oh yes, and name thing aside... :smile:

Name thing aside. Go with talents that have REC along with your main stats, unless REC is your main stat, if your sticking to the power armor concept as in making a FF version of The Invincible as that suffers from poor energy management. REC as a forth stat is good for any build to be honest means you can spam your powers more , more power spam more damage.
  • knightlight314knightlight314 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Like how dare you? HOW DARE you? I told myself I'd never do it. No way, the only credit I'll give it is that it's an excellent tool in an emergency or a crisis, but too many people say too many dumb things so there's no way I was going to step into those waters.

But if ever there were a reason, this would be it. It is that important. It's a call to action. There's no choice in the matter really.

Do it, man! Do it! BAND-AID! Right off!

*sigh*

...opened up a twitter account...

http://www.onrpg.com/articles/editorial/9reasons-to-remember-city-of-heroes/

Happy 9th anniversary, City of Heroes!
    edited May 2013
    Sniff..sniff.. I sure miss it! Happy birthday CoH!
    Like how dare you? HOW DARE you? I told myself I'd never do it. No way, the only credit I'll give it is that it's an excellent tool in an emergency or a crisis, but too many people say too many dumb things so there's no way I was going to step into those waters.

But if ever there were a reason, this would be it. It is that important. It's a call to action. There's no choice in the matter really.

Do it, man! Do it! BAND-AID! Right off!

*sigh*

...opened up a twitter account...

http://www.onrpg.com/articles/editorial/9reasons-to-remember-city-of-heroes/

Happy 9th anniversary, City of Heroes!
  • imperviumimpervium Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7288.msg118818.html#msg118818

Icon 1.5 released with a lot of new features. :biggrin:
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • jumpmanc64jumpmanc64 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Updated since I learned the deal.

Was going to come back to CO for a bit but as all my old heroes are all locked up tight I guess I'll pass.
  • kansascoyotekansascoyote Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    impervium wrote: »
    http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7288.msg118818.html#msg118818

Icon 1.5 released with a lot of new features. :biggrin:

I just downloaded 1.6, and, since I still have the costume from my in-game Fusionette duplicate, I had Fusi flying around Atlas Park and Talos Island again. It actually made me HOMESICK.
    A friend of mine uninstalled CoH and deleted everything. Will Icon work for him if I let him use a copy of my CoH folder, or does CoH actually have to be installed?