test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Clash of the fists!!! All melee Tourney!!

bloodx13bloodx13 Posts: 217 Arc User
edited December 2012 in The Hero Games
Time: 9pm Eastern standard time which is 6pm server time

Date: Dec 21 2012 that's a Friday for those wondering

Rules(the fun part):

* No Devices of any kind

*No Powers that are range powers .. To put it simply it it isnt a melee weapon that doesn't leave your hand you cant use it.Of course we highly encourage unarmed as well. If you have any questions about whats accepted rule wise feel free to ask.For the most part your safe as long as the power states melee damage. Obviously lunges are okay.

* No Stealth which means no teleport, evasive maneuvers adv or sneak etc... We want this to be a good old fashioned brawl. Sorry shadow strike guys you have to use your power unstealth-ed.

*3 minute time limit per duel, if the duel goes past three minutes the judges will decide winner

* ringouts do not count as a win

* to be fair we are making this a double elimination meaning you have two life's. If you lose twice you are out of thr tourney if you only lose once you have another shot to win it.

The tournament will be hosted by The Saikashuu so if you have any in game question pm one of us!! Prizes for 1st 2nd and 3rd will be announced as we get closer to the tourney. Hope to see you all there!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mainscrizzmainscrizz Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    awesome, can't wait ti take my behemoth there!
    edited December 2012
    plz make sure to bump this on the day of the tourny so I don't miss it. I want to spectate. Love me some pro wrestling! :D

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    wufflechanwufflechan Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm down. Ikkou shall be there
  • Options
    mrf0rz1mrf0rz1 Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    If I get Gold on time, you'll have a surprise.

• Options
    conkathefoxconkathefox Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Is this for lvl 40s only?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    would be smart to be a forty, we wont stop anyone from competing if they meet the tourney rules but if you take a level 20 and end up fighting a 40 dont be mad you lost lol. As a side note I adjusted the rule involving chains they are now not being allowed to keep arguments over range etc.. from happening...Tourney is getting close get your builds ready, see ya there!!
  • Options
    lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    What about a ranged energy builder? If that's not allowed, then I wont be able to stab wafflechump in the face.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    any type of energy builder is allowed though I would hope most would stick with the melee concept and use a melee energy builder. Seeing as energy builds with the exception of a few adv don't really do much I dont see an issue with it.
  • Options
    isometryisometry Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Might want to add a rule about not building buff stacks before the fight, or else enrage builds have a big advantage (since they can maintain 8 stacks out of combat with howl, UR, aggressor, etc).
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Requesting answer on if Hurl is okay to use.

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Hurl is a projectile. :P

Unleashed rage deals Sonic damage, therefore, it's not melee. Noob rage should be banned. Let's see if these copycats can win without their cheese builds. :P

I have a question though: what's the general opinion here of Unarmed?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Lucy was right in what she said hurl counts as range so its a no no!...Oh and lucy there are alot of options for unarmed a couple good stuns ,snares and dmg powers in there.

just to put it out there cause I have received a few questions concerning them, holds fall under the no range rule just like any other power.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,087 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I have a noobish melee build which I'd like to compete with xD

Also I might bring my kitty build :3
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    What I meant is do people like it as much as other MA powers or no?

You should rename this doomsday tourney to Mortal Kombat. :P
  • Options
    sagewithbubblessagewithbubbles Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    What I meant is do people like it as much as other MA powers or no?

You should rename this doomsday tourney to Mortal Kombat. :P

It's mostly comparable with Dual Blades and Fighting Claws. DC can spike harder, DW can do a bit better against Defiance, but Unarmed has some nice control and its damage isn't too far behind.

Or if this is a "which MA set do I take to be a super-unique powers hipster?", go Single Blade. It's the least popular.

The user formerly known as Dr. Sage.
    lol

Actually I am currently using Dragon Bite but I have to retcon because it's not purely melee. I don't choose powers for uniqueness, I choose whatever's interesting to me. I tend to draw the line if the whole thing is too similar to the latest flavor of the month.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Rebuilt R.H.I.N.O. from scratch, Mortal Kombat won't happen.

• Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,087 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It's mostly comparable with Dual Blades and Fighting Claws. DC can spike harder, DW can do a bit better against Defiance, but Unarmed has some nice control and its damage isn't too far behind.

Or if this is a "which MA set do I take to be a super-unique powers hipster?", go Single Blade. It's the least popular.

Oh...in that case I wont bother, I know how powerful both those powers are, combined with my luck, I think I'll save myself the humiliation and pull my thief/spy and catgirl out of the tournament, but I know my friend might be intrested.

Martial arts in this competition will be at a disadvantage from what I can see. If I was going to complete I'd insist against dueling anyone with DC or DW.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Oh...in that case I wont bother, I know how powerful both those powers are, combined with my luck, I think I'll save myself the humiliation and pull my thief/spy and catgirl out of the tournament, but I know my friend might be intrested.

Martial arts in this competition will be at a disadvantage from what I can see. If I was going to complete I'd insist against dueling anyone with DC or DW.

Unarmed has alot of stuns,knocks and snares plus powers that build dodge you might be surprised how effective it can be.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Tsssk, why even think about DC or DW when you can get DU.

• Options
    edited December 2012

Knocked and stunned opponents usually have a hard time landing a DC or DW.

And DW isn't any stronger than other comparably-buffed melee hits unless the target is using something like Defiance.

Just because Jaybezz thinks it's the end of the world whenever something tries to stab him doesn't mean that you can't fight against and beat someone that's using DW.

Some questions about the tourney:
    - how will Amazing Grace be watched for? Esp, with builds that have Defiant stacks.
    - is canceling Evasive going to be allowed in order to avoid the cd?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    We will have the combat logs up and watching them closely as for evasive im not sure what you mean by the question. Its been a long day lol
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Knocked and stunned opponents usually have a hard time landing a DC or DW.

And DW isn't any stronger than other comparably-buffed melee hits unless the target is using something like Defiance.

Just because Jaybezz thinks it's the end of the world whenever something tries to stab him doesn't mean that you can't fight against and beat someone that's using DW.

Yeah, I used to hate getting killed in one hit by those kind of powers, but if you know what to do and what to watch for, you can avoid being killed. Once you learn some of the tricks used when fighting players, It'll feel more balanced again.
  • Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    bloodx13 wrote: »
    We will have the combat logs up and watching them closely as for evasive im not sure what you mean by the question. Its been a long day lol

Haha np. You can hit evasive to move away from your opponent and then, before the cd activates and its dodge bonus applies, hit block or use a command to cancel the activation.

That way you can kite forever basically because it moves your character prior to going on cooldown.

One more question, will Ascension be allowed?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    lol

I forgot about that... I think as long as you don't use sleight of mind it should be fine.

Nobody really needs to do that anyway, and they can't attack you if they do. :P

Also, if Ascension isn't allowed, neither is Ego Surge or any active offense, which means I won't be playing. xD

Plus Ascension will be better since this is just a melee tournament.

I'd like to see this one as a team duel so no bubbles. :P
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    lol

I forgot about that... I think as long as you don't use sleight of mind it should be fine.

Nobody really needs to do that anyway, and they can't attack you if they do. :P

Also, if Ascension isn't allowed, neither is Ego Surge or any active offense, which means I won't be playing. xD

Plus Ascension will be better since this is just a melee tournament.

I'd like to see this one as a team duel so no bubbles. :P

First off quit reading my mind and second ya a team duel would be cool but we are saving that for later!!

All jokes aside There is nothing wrong with any active defenses or offenses being used. If you want to use Ascension go for it don't really no what good it will do you but why not lol. As for the evasive issue I don't know of anyway to really prevent it but we will look for abuse of it and go from there. The adv falling under the no stealth rule so no issues on that part just the trick vixy was talking about will possibly be a issue for both competitors and judges.
  • Options
    saburfangsaburfang Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'll join as Sabur :D

...seeing as how he's my only pure melee bestial toon X)
  • Options
    smashykinssmashykins Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'll be on a plane during the event, but I'll take some time before to see if I have any prizes I may be able to contribute to the event hosts.
  • Options
    spark342spark342 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Question, Is ebon ruin allowed?
  • Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    spark342 wrote: »
    Question, Is ebon ruin allowed?

It's a melee attack, so obviously.

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Well think of it as a Haymaker on spring!

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Is devour essence banned? What about shurikens? :P
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Actually I meant have the hosts on a team and do a team duel for the duelists so there will be no boundary bubble, and have the extra people just decline... it'll help unclutter the kombat window as well.
  • Options
    nightr0dnightr0d Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    smoochan wrote: »
    It's a melee attack, so obviously.

LOL this is beautiful.....hahahahah.....O.Q
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Actually I meant have the hosts on a team and do a team duel for the duelists so there will be no boundary bubble, and have the extra people just decline... it'll help unclutter the kombat window as well.

I would say that would be a great idea if not for having run into someone using the the blimp elevator in constant rotation to escape dying lol. The area would be to big and the duels would time out.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    So.... is that a yes?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I'm not Darkon, but I'm thinking Ebon Ruin wouldn't be allowed. It'd enable the standard kiting builds that already screw over melee.

No DM no range powers means guess what no range powers which includes ebon!!
  • Options
    bjswanksbjswanks Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Thank you for bringing back the fun in PvP. Especially with an all melee tournament! I hope to make it home from work. Cheers!

:biggrin:
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Well thats not fair
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,116 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2012
    I noticed the rules were mysteriously changed.
    Just to clarify: are all ranged damage/crowd control abilities banned from this tournament? Including chain abilities?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Put away your cheap holds! This is hardcore fighting... on the ground! xD It's kombat time! :P COME ON! LET'S GO! @_@
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Just to clarify: are all ranged damage/crowd control abilities banned from this tournament? Including chain abilities?

no ranged abilities at all period, after talking with a friend and some sg mates we decided its best that way to get less frustration from the community.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    But ruin is allowed still right?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I know kung fu....
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'll join if i was awake. xD
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    bloodx13 wrote: »
    no ranged abilities at all period, after talking with a friend and some sg mates we decided its best that way to get less frustration from the community.

Ew, at all? Even CC related ranged abilities? That's not going to be pretty for non MA users.

• Options
    mainscrizzmainscrizz Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    kaizerin wrote: »

looks the same for me after the 1st edit lol
    edited December 2012
    spark342 wrote: »
    But ruin is allowed still right?

I already told you. Ebon Ruin is clearly a melee attack, there's nothing at all in the description of the power to dispute this, so obviously it's allowed. Heck if anything, it's so iconic of the melee fighting style that everyone should have it. Possibly twice.