test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Clash of the fists!!! All melee Tourney!!

13»

Comments

• Options
    wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I know this is a little late since the tourney is over. I think there is difficulty defining melee and range with things like chain and such. For future tourneys, the organisers may want to consider to just set a limit to say any attacks with a range of more than 10ft or 15ft will not be allowed with exception of lunges because those actually means the player is right next to the opponent when the damage is dealt. That will actually be a easier way to define what is melee or not.
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    How about throwing out some of these rules and finding a duel site with at least 2 objects that provide real LOS cover.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I know this is a little late since the tourney is over. I think there is difficulty defining melee and range with things like chain and such. For future tourneys, the organisers may want to consider to just set a limit to say any attacks with a range of more than 10ft or 15ft will not be allowed with exception of lunges because those actually means the player is right next to the opponent when the damage is dealt. That will actually be a easier way to define what is melee or not.

From what I saw, that seems to be exactly what they did. They used a common sense approach, and it worked out well.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    smoochan wrote: »
    From what I saw, that seems to be exactly what they did. They used a common sense approach, and it worked out well.

OK that is great too bad was not there to watch the fights.
  • Options
    lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Do any of you guys think a "normal melee" tournament would be fun? Like knock to's, chained kunai, etc. without quite as much purism? Maybe make a list of banned powers so it will be fun... ^_^ Then we could do the "use whatever" thing again for the final fight
  • Options
    lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    mrf0rz1 wrote: »
    Green's going to laugh when he gets to see Lucy's posts.

My new name for him is Johnny Cage, because he killed Goro. :P