test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Deliberate efforts of Crush to remove PVP from the Game.

Comments

• Options
    squeeepsqueeep Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    There is an organized tournament this Halloween-eve...I'd like to see even non-PvPers turn out and show their support. :D

Its going to be video'd and all that jazz maybe even a dev or two might enjoy seeing something like that as a nod towards PvP's efforts as a community.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Read through this and one thing sorta grinds mah gears. Its the people that go its PvP they are the smallest community they dont matter.

WoW, DCUO, Guild Wars its the same the PvP population is smaller but if PvP or any section of the games gets borked its fan base say its not on . The problems get fixed . The reason all peeps freak out is if one part of their game is broken it will effect the overall population of the game.

One part of the game left broken makes the game overall a little bit more sh[t and we dont want people to think that of Champions. We dont need Halo rip off vehicles what we need is all the things broken in PvP/PvE/RP fixed before we get new stuff to add to the list of broken stuff :/
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    gaelyn1gaelyn1 Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Reason is simple : PVP don't give them money.

But now they begins to sell better gear of the game in lockboxes, perhaps they will be able to work on this and give us a a good pay to win pvp. Who knows ?
    secksegai wrote: »
    There is no 99 vs 1% in CO - everyone is screwed, it's just a matter of how badly.

Pve is nothing more than farming for costume unlocks or questionite once you hit 40.

Pvp is on life support and is effectively dead in comparison to pre-alert.

This !
    Pve is not in a better state than pvp.
    Farming questionite to buy crappy things, fluff and costume sets is all we have to do in this game, but rerolling in the same content, again and again. Sometimes, every 2 months, we have a new alert of 5 or 10 mns, which lasts 15 days and disappear for 2 months before coming back.
    Pvp doesn't have less problems than the entire game.
    But just that people don't queue anymore because the majority of players don't have rewards and don't want to do pvp anymore, and the others can't because the bg don't pop.

And sincerely, cryptic can't save pvp.
    Cox had have some new maps every year.
    Dcuo have new lairs, raids, alerts, duos at every update.
    Here the last Ap, comic serie, or map is 11 months/30 months ago. All we have is alerts with copy/paste graphics, or events who doesn't work and they can't debug them (destroids events, the epic fail)

They already can't create pve content in CO, they must create a lot of fluff and crappy grab bags or lockboxes to have the budget for one or two alerts then working on pvp, you can forget this.
    The few devs working again on co don't have time to do this. And it's not profitable, no money to grab.
    Maintenance mode and store's content is what we'll have.
  • Options
    nesn00000nesn00000 Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Your reply was what Enternal Force Leader Kro once described the new model of approach to the consumer was. "A theme park MMO."

Where you come and stay awhile for free and may decide to stop for awhile and spend some cash but eventualy move on.

I have no hope for PVP. I knew then PVP's only hope was to be included in the On Alert pass but Crush saw to keeping that from happening. Crush the ultimate PVP Troll strikes again.

_x
  • Options
    man515drakeman515drake Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    nepht wrote: »
    Read through this and one thing sorta grinds mah gears. Its the people that go its PvP they are the smallest community they dont matter.

WoW, DCUO, Guild Wars its the same the PvP population is smaller but if PvP or any section of the games gets borked its fan base say its not on . The problems get fixed . The reason all peeps freak out is if one part of their game is broken it will effect the overall population of the game.

One part of the game left broken makes the game overall a little bit more sh[t and we dont want people to think that of Champions. We dont need Halo rip off vehicles what we need is all the things broken in PvP/PvE/RP fixed before we get new stuff to add to the list of broken stuff :/

I think the reason there isn't any unity in the fan base of this game is simple we are all trying to get the same small dev community to improve our little section of the game. So instead of supporting PvP and it getting what it deserves the PvE players don't want the devs top stop trying to improve their section of the game.

PvE is struggling to get dev attention as all the small dev team are putting out are alerts, costumes and become devices and they fear that if we support PvP getting what they were promised they won't get the little they are getting.

I also feel that not being able to compete in PvP without a PvP build or getting farmed or trash talked too stops most players that may enjoy the occasional foray into PvP taking part. If everybody could have fun PvPing it may well gather more support for your small bit of the game. I did try PvP but after being farmed and insulted I will never return or give my support because I have no time for that part of the game.

The other small group in the game the RPers I have always found willing to involve new players and help them become part of their community. Maybe if the Pvp community was more inclusive and less confrontational it would help their case.

I think if they all took a leaf out Nepht's book and took part in all the sections of forums in a friendly manner rather than attacking devs and complaining that they are being ignored others would feel more inclined to help.

This is my opinion I may be wrong but if you are part of the community you will gain the communities support if you fight them at every turn they will fight back and not give you support. There is an old saying you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Yet with a small dev team we will all tend to try and get our small piece of the pie and to hell with the rest of you and the bigger PvE community will always shout loudest.
    edited October 2012
    But I want the WHOLE pie to be tasty.

I like PvP/RP/PvE and I would say I am like the most of the unheard of players they dont care about "factions" they just want a working game as a whole.
    The normal player likes EVERYTHING and if you want proof of that sit in ren cen for an hour watch the average player.

Cryptic wont be able to keep the average player with a borked product.
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • Options
    man515drakeman515drake Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    But I want the WHOLE pie to be tasty.

I like PvP/RP/PvE and I would say I am like the most of the unheard of players they dont care about "factions" they just want a working game as a whole.
    The normal player likes EVERYTHING and if you want proof of that sit in ren cen for an hour watch the average player.

Cryptic wont be able to keep the average player with a borked product.

I want the whole enchilada to but Cryptic does seem to have a decided lack of devs working on this game. I'm losing hope that this game will get the broken things fixed and new content that the whole player base will want to play.

What we tend to get are things they can monetise be it vehicles or lock boxes. I think PvP like the rest of the game will get ignored unless they can think of ways to make money out of it or it takes them a very short time to get it out like alerts or the short open world events.
    edited October 2012
    I was doing this game half for PvP half for Costumes so I'm so sad the fix they done to the game...

60 Drifter's salvage!!?? 8Q need for pop!!??

Ah well...
  • Options
    kidbs73kidbs73 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Being bored at work I decided to stop by and see how the old CO community is doing. Looks like the same old ****. Seriously guys, stop paying for this fail of a game with actual money. If you want to play some serious pvp then make a one-time investment into GW2 and have all the pvp that you want from that point forward for free.

In GW2 you've got structured pvp where everyone has equal gear and is auto-leveled to level 80. You've also got tournaments. Then you also have world vs. world for epic battles between hundreds of players 24/7.

Yes CO had potential, but this ship has long since sailed. Stop holding onto false hopes that it will someday be updated into something great. Think about how many years you have already been waiting.

Anyway, a bunch of us ex-COers are now playing GW2 on the Stormbluff Isle server. I'm usually on my character Zealot of Pain. Darkened Might is Deceitful Darkness. Solo has several characters though I can't remember their names :-P.

If you do get GW2, stop by and say hi.

Love,
    Nethernoz/Shingetsu/Flytrap/Vendetta @Kidbs
  • Options
    lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    kidbs73 wrote: »
    Being bored at work I decided to stop by and see how the old CO community is doing. Looks like the same old ****. Seriously guys, stop paying for this fail of a game with actual money. If you want to play some serious pvp then make a one-time investment into GW2 and have all the pvp that you want from that point forward for free.

In GW2 you've got structured pvp where everyone has equal gear and is auto-leveled to level 80. You've also got tournaments. Then you also have world vs. world for epic battles between hundreds of players 24/7.

Yes CO had potential, but this ship has long since sailed. Stop holding onto false hopes that it will someday be updated into something great. Think about how many years you have already been waiting.

Anyway, a bunch of us ex-COers are now playing GW2 on the Stormbluff Isle server. I'm usually on my character Zealot of Pain. Darkened Might is Deceitful Darkness. Solo has several characters though I can't remember their names :-P.

If you do get GW2, stop by and say hi.

Love,
    But they are not superheroes.
    sob :frown: But, it sounds like fun anyway.
  • Options
    vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yeah, I'm not going back to fantasy MMOs. Been there, done that, killed wild animals because XP.

Why do I want PvP to be repaired? Well... I don't. Not really. PvP was dull, uninteresting, and quite honestly it made too much animosity between people who can't do the internet-their-emotion-separation. You see it in even these very forums, where people get really heated up, all because someone's saying yay or neay to something they think yay or neay on based around PvP, more so than in any other thing in the game. And then you've got the min-maxers, who know everything about the stats of the game but pay no attention to backstory, costume, anything, who run around in a barely modified default costume and a name that is just numbers despite no reason for them being thus. Augh I feel slight irritation enough to cook them a sub-par meal if I met them in real life. Cheesy ketchup'd steak lamb and chicken sandwiches, perhaps. With Marmite.

However.
    PvP FITS. What other kind of setting has a built in excuse for players of the same faction fighting each other? It's TRAINING! A fighting tournament that's televised through which superheroes can become better at superheroics!

What we need, to fix PvP... Is reward changes and some kind of spectator mode, and some way to get the Youtubers going and giving commentary on fights.
    Get some buzz about the game, make it seem fresh, something fun, something that can get your name immortalised as the guy who punched a min-maxer in the face and SURVIVED!

And besides, one of the most famous early examples of MMO PvP was of Lord British's death in Ultima Online, done by a guy who called himself Aquaman. As a superhero-themed MMO, surely we should keep up PvP if only because it was a superhero-named character that made PvP start to spark and burst into flame at an increasing rate in the emerging MMOs of yesteryear?

I've probably posted in this thread before, but those are my thoughts on the PvP situation as it stands.
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]
  • Options
    lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    vorshoth wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm not going back to fantasy MMOs. Been there, done that, killed wild animals because XP.

Why do I want PvP to be repaired? Well... I don't. Not really. PvP was dull, uninteresting, and quite honestly it made too much animosity between people who can't do the internet-their-emotion-separation. You see it in even these very forums, where people get really heated up, all because someone's saying yay or neay to something they think yay or neay on based around PvP, more so than in any other thing in the game. And then you've got the min-maxers, who know everything about the stats of the game but pay no attention to backstory, costume, anything, who run around in a barely modified default costume and a name that is just numbers despite no reason for them being thus. Augh I feel slight irritation enough to cook them a sub-par meal if I met them in real life. Cheesy ketchup'd steak lamb and chicken sandwiches, perhaps. With Marmite.

However.
    PvP FITS. What other kind of setting has a built in excuse for players of the same faction fighting each other? It's TRAINING! A fighting tournament that's televised through which superheroes can become better at superheroics!

What we need, to fix PvP... Is reward changes and some kind of spectator mode, and some way to get the Youtubers going and giving commentary on fights.
    Get some buzz about the game, make it seem fresh, something fun, something that can get your name immortalised as the guy who punched a min-maxer in the face and SURVIVED!

And besides, one of the most famous early examples of MMO PvP was of Lord British's death in Ultima Online, done by a guy who called himself Aquaman. As a superhero-themed MMO, surely we should keep up PvP if only because it was a superhero-named character that made PvP start to spark and burst into flame at an increasing rate in the emerging MMOs of yesteryear?

I've probably posted in this thread before, but those are my thoughts on the PvP situation as it stands.
    Bravo!! I really like the part about the min/max sub par meal thingy.
    Funny!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    when people who obviously dont like PvP say PvP is busted badly and needs fixed you know something is wrong. Very Wrong.
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Actually, Rainz was the guy who killed Lord British, and it was LOL.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-7-biggest-****-moves-in-history-online-gaming_p2/

That's a link to a cracked article.

I won't sit and say Gen. Crush said this or that. I wasn't there, and I'm not a big PvPer...

But, I will say this-

CO is a business. Even TT said 'you follow the money' or something to that effect. When you disregard a certain aspect of the playerbase...

Hang on, let me clarify: We're not talking about a tiny portion of the playerbase. We're not talking about the category of people who want to create entire characters out of perforated cheese, the ones who want the game to feature a backwards Creole language option, the people who legitimately hate colors, or the people who insist they should be playing an actual animal like a horse or a dog, or the ones who think this game speaks to them with the words of Christ when the volume is off...

We're talking the PvPers. You know, a SIGNIFICANT chunk of the entire MMORPG playerbase. I would hope those things weren't said at all, or taken way out of context. I mean, I could see him saying 'we're going to focus on the PvE elements first because that seems to be what the majority of our players want, then later we will get to PvP."

PvP is kind of... bleh to me. But I know folks enjoy it, and now it just seems like glorified dueling, and t hey deserve SOMETHING.

Of course, everyone always seems to have the mindset that the people who are developers and such can't be complete jerks, or unfair, or outright tools... I advise you to click on that article and read it so you can learn otherwise in three different circumstances out of the seven.
  • Options
    prankensteinprankenstein Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    kidbs73 wrote: »
    Yes, CO had potential, but this ship has long since sailed. Stop holding onto false hopes that it will someday be updated into something great. Think about how many years you have already been waiting.

Love,

I thought after a 6-month hiatus this game might have gotten better.

Nope.avi

I am so sick and tired of these devs now, to deliberately ignore PvP for years is sickening. It's just so sad. I thought it'd be addressed, looked at, that devs might actually post in this section. A thread specifically calling a dev out would've gotten you banned normally, but apparently it's too scary to come in here and do that. I hope you guys will move on, because I love you all.

<3,
    Mac.Abre@Ketas
    (That obnoxious guy.)
    ~~~The Tidal Tilde Wave of Seperation~~~
    I'd rather get STO's level of lockbox suck if worthwhile updates come with it. -Buxom
  • Options
    lokikinlokikin Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Is anyone else freakin' amazed that a thread specifically calling out a dev, in the title even, has reached #117 posts without getting locked or deleted?

:confused:
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    lokikin wrote: »
    Is anyone else freakin' amazed that a thread specifically calling out a dev, in the title even, has reached #117 posts without getting locked or deleted?

Nope because no forum rules have been broken ..I think. Anyway the proof is out there that GMC made a mess of PvP and his attitude towards the PvP population was disgusting.

Multiple people who dont like each other have the chat records to back up what Xeno was saying :/
  • Options
    taintedmesstaintedmess Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Nope because no forum rules have been broken ..I think. Anyway the proof is out there that GMC made a mess of PvP and his attitude towards the PvP population was disgusting.

Multiple people who dont like each other have the chat records to back up what Xeno was saying :/

Im pretty sure turtle said calling out a Dev was considered a no no.

As to the subject as hand if people have the chat logs they should post them as to laying the blame on crush that seems hardly fair he's not head developer (unless i missed his promotion) so its not his call there's every chance he had plans for stuff in PvP which have been shoved to the side because of some new task he needs to do.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Im pretty sure turtle said calling out a Dev was considered a no no.

As to the subject as hand if people have the chat logs they should post them as to laying the blame on crush that seems hardly fair he's not head developer (unless i missed his promotion) so its not his call there's every chance he had plans for stuff in PvP which have been shoved to the side because of some new task he needs to do.

He has said he doesnt care for the PvPers yet Cryptic put him to work on the PvP gear and bam suddenly the PvP gear is rubbish and VERY VERY expensive acclaim wise to get that alone speaks volumes >_>
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I don't care for my job this dose not mean I do it badly.

Also was he not put to work on all gear?
  • Options
    secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited November 2012

I am surprised, but not much considering the state of things.
  • Options
    perfect0777perfect0777 Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think PvP is what will keep this game alive long after the excitement of beating Poe...yet again...fades away. PvE is fine...you explore the world, level...get neat stuff...but at the end of it all if there is no new content in the form of zones then you end up with your greatest character having nothing to do and your lower characters not worth playing because youve seen it all before. I mean ive shot Poe ive fried Poe ive beaten Poe....ok hes a bad man who deserves it...but its not enough to keep a game viable. Plus i have to add having vehicles doesnt really change this dynamic much. Why am i buying a jet...isnt my super supposed to be able to fly? Why do i need tanks..i thought my super could punch through steel or whatever already. And what do i do with my vehicle...cannon Poe...as opposed to hitting him or frying him or icing him or...? What might be interesting is PvP in vehicles...kind of like Jacksons game Car Wars brought to the computer game era.In conclusion I can only say any dev who tries to marginalize PvP is a fool because PvP is the only thing that will keep this game alive barring significant amounts of new content being produced. That and the costume creator...i have to admit..i may be bored as hell downing Poe yet again...but GOD DAMN...do i look good doing it...lol.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I am surprised, but not much considering the state of things.

I'm not surprised considering they never read the Hero Game Forums
  • Options
    quasimojo1quasimojo1 Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have a lot of criticism for Cryptic lately, but the one thing that I have been pleasantly surprised about is their allowing that criticism to be stated and discussed without a lot of overt censorship. So, props for that at least.
    LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    quasimojo1 wrote: »
    I have a lot of criticism for Cryptic lately, but the one thing that I have been pleasantly surprised about is their allowing that criticism to be stated and discussed without a lot of overt censorship. So, props for that at least.

Don't mistake lack of censorship with just not giving a fck.

-

-xeno
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    EDIT: At the time this post was made, I felt that nes, was being overly rude.

Which is why I said this.

From what I can see under his name tag it says "Banned", if this is true or not, I am not sure.

In light of this being brought to my attention, I apologise.

However having said this I will say I do not believe that the way nes was handling the issue was in the right fashion for a complaint.
  • Options
    mainscrizzmainscrizz Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Kudos to the ppl who banned (Foolish)nesn00000

His rude posts were annoying me

People fail to realize that soon it will be them crying out to make cryptic make good on their promises.
    Silencing a person does not fix the problem. It only adds more fuel to the fire.
    Were the things he was asking for outrageous? No.

Would you like to see your beloved PvE killed by a pro-PvP Dev?
    edited November 2012

Xenomorph Drone crossed the line, kind of sad really and I don't pity him. Reap what you sow. If you want to be an **** like that, you'll get what you deserve.

*shrug*

And life goes on... Next! (despite whatever his actions, this topic still brings up several good points, and even a good suggestion on how to fix PvP with converting Acclaim to Questionite)

PS: I got to mention something I feel is serious here and head it off before it gets ugly.

Are you certain he's banned, or just speculating? Please don't speculate and make rumors about a ban.

I had that done to me once in a different game, and it's permanently on the internet now as a result, even though the ban was repealed a few days later and EA offered me with a $50 please-don't-be-mad-at-us-we're-sorry giftcard, which was generous of them. I told them I'd rather have a public announcement that I was innocent from a developer instead and they obliged the request to which was honored and I was grateful for that. Still though you can see this on the internet if you search for me on Google, and that's frustrating. It never EVER goes away once it's in the internet archives of a company like Google.

I'm now frowning at you wondering if you know this for a fact or not. I thought his topics were just locked with a smack upside the head? Xeno may deserve what he got for crossing the line waaaay out of line like that, but please do not create rumors yourself. Especially rumors that are posted on the internet forums in a permanent way. I have learned what that feels like from experience, and while you may not appreciate what I'm saying here it's not a nice thing to do. Kind of goes under the two wrongs don't make a right kind of thing yes?

Anyways I'll get off my soap-box :tongue: I just needed to get that out loud & clear for this community to hear and believe. Please consider my words in this post-script seriously.
  • Options
    oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,068 Arc User
    edited November 2012

You're an idiot.

That's all.
  • Options
    agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    mainscrizz wrote: »
    ...People fail to realize that soon it will be them crying out to make cryptic make good on their promises.
    Silencing a person does not fix the problem. It only adds more fuel to the fire.
    Were the things he was asking for outrageous? No.

I can understand why Xeno is so angry. Heck, I'm frustrated with Cryptic too (not as much as he is though apparently)

No, what he was asking for was reasonable (for the most part).

Yes, Gentleman Crush has acted unprofessionally, and would do well to communicate and try to open his mind a bit more to various methods of fun of the entire community -- as PvP is a part of the community too. There is fun and profit in PvP too. Simply changing Acclaim over to Questionite removes a useless currency, makes PvP more worth your time to play (reward aspect), and gives PvP players to sell the best secondary gear in the game again on equal footing with the PvE hardcore farmers (talking about Vigilante Secondaries). This is win-win. Win-win solutions are good. A little communication from Crush on this would also show some courage, which is also good.

That said, I cannot condone Xeno's conduct. I'm sorry, but no. Just no.

mainscrizz wrote: »
    Would you like to see your beloved PvE killed by a pro-PvP Dev?

Would you kindly knock it off?

That "Us v. Them" attitude is unproductive and bad for the community. Additionally you're stereotyping that there's ONLY PvP or PvE and no in-between and you don't even acknowledge RP. In your own anger at Cryptic you're failing to realize how incredibly stupid and destructive that comment you made is.
  • Options
    edited November 2012

I'm not a fan of Nesno but I know exactly where he's coming from.

But praising the banning of a regular pvper in a pvp forum...

You might as well post a target on your back.
  • Options
    crash2449crash2449 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    im quite new here so i havent managed to see much pvp yet.

It is obvious that crush person is a guy who dislikes pvp and obviously should go to pve only games but whatever, having such a guy in the position of a developer doesnt seem good for the pvp crowd.

I was thinking of upgrading to gold but seeing those comments i am not sure if i should get it or not, is the pvp alive in this game at least or its very little?
  • Options
    edited November 2012

Nesno's rants are one of the highlights of CO.....yes we really do need more to do :/

Teh mans points were all valid when he spoke on Crushes channel so yeah Nesno I salute yew o7 ( Gotta respect a man who sticks to his guns. )

*edit no idea whut he wrote to get banned so ill stay away from that trainwreck :/ *
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    crash2449 wrote: »
    im quite new here so i havent managed to see much pvp yet.

It is obvious that crush person is a guy who dislikes pvp and obviously should go to pve only games but whatever, having such a guy in the position of a developer doesnt seem good for the pvp crowd.

I was thinking of upgrading to gold but seeing those comments i am not sure if i should get it or not, is the pvp alive in this game at least or its very little?

If you enjoy pvp - look elsewhere. I can't find anything worth salvaging anymore, and that's probably the same sentiment you'd get from the rest of whats left of the pvp community.
  • Options
    bloodx13bloodx13 Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited November 2012

So your objective or annoyed by anyone who does not post with something you agree to? of we all went by that logic then i'm pretty sure you annoy quite a few people as well. Might want to watch what you applaud the ban of anyone isnt a good thing cause even if you dislike said person they have friends etc.. that can no longer communicate with them in one form. Then if you consider the amount of people in CO that abuse the report toll etc.. you might want to be wary of praising a ban.

There are alot of bored people out there who have spammed it to get someone silenced for alot less. Also before you jump on the thought that this is a threat its not just giving you a heads up cause i have had it happen to friends of mine. Some thoughts you should just keep to yourself.

As for nesno he may of went about things the wrong way to an extent but the things he brought up are real issues that need looked into. If you don't like pvp and you don't want to support it etc.. then stay out of the pvp forums then maybe you wont be so "annoyed". Regardless of if the bans a rumor or not you can bet more people will continue to post these type of threads even if nesno doesnt. Last thing on that note i agree with everything nesno has posted on this subject and see no reason for his ban especially without a warning even being made in thread. Granted i may not have seen the post but from what i have seen i agree!

PvP is part of champions if it is bugged or has issues then champions is bugged and has issues.
  • Options
    agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    *edit no idea whut he wrote to get banned so ill stay away from that trainwreck :/ *

I'll tell you in-game next time I see you, it was pretty flagrant. Don't defend him overmuch Nepht...
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I'm not a fan of Nesno but I know exactly where he's coming from.

But praising the banning of a regular pvper in a pvp forum...

You might as well post a target on your back.

Whilst I understand that PvP has been neglected, I disagree with the way he decides to display his upset about it.

I get beaten 100% of the time in PvP, I am no stranger to defeats, I have learnt to accept it.

My praise was for taking affirmative action against a forum member who was being openly very rude about a member of the Dev Team, valid or not, it could have been expressed in a less flamboyant manner.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    bloodx13 wrote: »
    So your objective or annoyed by anyone who does not post with something you agree to? of we all went by that logic then i'm pretty sure you annoy quite a few people as well. Might want to watch what you applaud the ban of anyone isnt a good thing cause even if you dislike said person they have friends etc.. that can no longer communicate with them in one form. Then if you consider the amount of people in CO that abuse the report toll etc.. you might want to be wary of praising a ban.

There are alot of bored people out there who have spammed it to get someone silenced for alot less. Also before you jump on the thought that this is a threat its not just giving you a heads up cause i have had it happen to friends of mine. Some thoughts you should just keep to yourself.

As for nesno he may of went about things the wrong way to an extent but the things he brought up are real issues that need looked into. If you don't like pvp and you don't want to support it etc.. then stay out of the pvp forums then maybe you wont be so "annoyed". Regardless of if the bans a rumor or not you can bet more people will continue to post these type of threads even if nesno doesnt. Last thing on that note i agree with everything nesno has posted on this subject and see no reason for his ban especially without a warning even being made in thread. Granted i may not have seen the post but from what i have seen i agree!

PvP is part of champions if it is bugged or has issues then champions is bugged and has issues.

Who said I didnt agree with PvP being neglected? I am just suprised this didnt happen earlier tbh, whilst the main message, if you remove all the colourful language was to get PvP promises fulfilled is a good message to get out he went about it in a disrespectful manner IMO.

As far as I know, I am allowed to comment in any forum post I desire, so no need to tell me to stay out.

I don't have much against PvP except Crowd Control being killed off, thats it really.

If people continue to post things like nesn, then I'm pretty sure they will do it in a less colourful fashion.

Whilst I am very much aware I may irritate certain people, with my more often than not insane value power suggestions, I'd like to think I am not so rude towards people so that I warrant a ban.

I'd also like to think that if someone has an issue with me they can talk to me about it, no problem.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    oobtree wrote: »
    You're an idiot.

That's all.

That post of mine was quite idiotic, I agree. But not me as a person, I'd like to think I'm not one.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    agentnx5 wrote: »
    Xenomorph Drone crossed the line, kind of sad really and I don't pity him. Reap what you sow. If you want to be an **** like that, you'll get what you deserve.

*shrug*

And life goes on... Next! (despite whatever his actions, this topic still brings up several good points, and even a good suggestion on how to fix PvP with converting Acclaim to Questionite)

PS: I got to mention something I feel is serious here and head it off before it gets ugly.

Are you certain he's banned, or just speculating? Please don't speculate and make rumors about a ban.

I had that done to me once in a different game, and it's permanently on the internet now as a result, even though the ban was repealed a few days later and EA offered me with a $50 please-don't-be-mad-at-us-we're-sorry giftcard, which was generous of them. I told them I'd rather have a public announcement that I was innocent from a developer instead and they obliged the request to which was honored and I was grateful for that. Still though you can see this on the internet if you search for me on Google, and that's frustrating. It never EVER goes away once it's in the internet archives of a company like Google.

I'm now frowning at you wondering if you know this for a fact or not. I thought his topics were just locked with a smack upside the head? Xeno may deserve what he got for crossing the line waaaay out of line like that, but please do not create rumors yourself. Especially rumors that are posted on the internet forums in a permanent way. I have learned what that feels like from experience, and while you may not appreciate what I'm saying here it's not a nice thing to do. Kind of goes under the two wrongs don't make a right kind of thing yes?

Anyways I'll get off my soap-box :tongue: I just needed to get that out loud & clear for this community to hear and believe. Please consider my words in this post-script seriously.

@Grey part:Good point, I have since then adjusted my post.

I think it would be wise for me to just leave all that alone.
  • Options
    crash2449crash2449 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Who said I didnt agree with PvP being neglected? I am just suprised this didnt happen earlier tbh, whilst the main message, if you remove all the colourful language was to get PvP promises fulfilled is a good message to get out he went about it in a disrespectful manner IMO.

As far as I know, I am allowed to comment in any forum post I desire, so don't tell me to stay out.

I don't have much against PvP except Crowd Control being killed off, thats it really.

If people continue to post things like nesn, then I'm pretty sure they will do it in a less colourful fashion.

Whilst I am very much aware I may irritate certain people, with my more often than not insane value power suggestions, I'd like to think I am not so rude towards people so that I warrant a ban.

I'd also like to think that if someone has an issue with me they can talk to me about it, no problem.
    so you apparently see the dev team as being somekind off superior human beings. I bet many people have been rude to others to the same degree he did and didnt get banned. Devs arent better than anyone else, banning him simply because he was being rude to the dev which is OBVIOUSLY against pvp simply shows how devs only banned him because he spoke against them and not because he was "rude"

And just a small thing about pve, maybe you deserve to lose in pvp, maybe its the pve that gives you a fake sense of success that you dont deserve. Thus why many people dislike pvp, because it says the truth about them. That aimed towards everyone and that crush dev
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    crash2449 wrote: »
    so you apparently see the dev team as being somekind off superior human beings. I bet many people have been rude to others to the same degree he did and didnt get banned. Devs arent better than anyone else, banning him simply because he was being rude to the dev which is OBVIOUSLY against pvp simply shows how devs only banned him because he spoke against them and not because he was "rude"

And just a small thing about pve, maybe you deserve to lose in pvp, maybe its the pve that gives you a fake sense of success that you dont deserve. Thus why many people dislike pvp, because it says the truth about them. That aimed towards everyone and that crush dev

Perhaps I do deserve to lose, thats why I do. I am simply not as skilled as other players, and like everyone else, I am continuing to learn how to build and play and if I want I could have a stab at a PvP build, provided I havent irritated the entire PvP crowd for my earlier comment, I'd welcome assistance for PvP.

I don't see the Dev team as superior humans, I just think its bad to be that rude to someone Dev or player, I don't think it is right.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    At the time the post (one pertaining to apraisal for nes being "banned") was made, I felt that nes, was being overly rude.

Which is why I said this.

From what I can see under his name tag it says "Banned", if this is true or not, I am not sure.

In light of this being brought to my attention, I apologise for my own rudeness.

However having said this I will say I do not believe that the way nes was handling the issue was in the right fashion for a complaint.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    agentnx5 wrote: »
    I'll tell you in-game next time I see you, it was pretty flagrant. Don't defend him overmuch Nepht...

No worries me and the bug dont like each other so I wont be doing that. I just agree with him on the ONE point that someone might have broke PvP on purpose. Peeps have told me what went down today and it was a truly epic Shevian tragedy.
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Lols.

It's not like they sit around in a breakroom and Crush stands up, saying:

pvp-2.png
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    meredyredleafmeredyredleaf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    A little question I gotta ask (and the "usual forumites" know I don't even come here that often anymore): Who here genuinely believes that Crush, or any other single Dev, is calling the shots alone on ANY topic?

I heard a lot of things said by Crush, and I have no issue with the guy, that would make it seem like he calls the shot on (nearly) all the things...

Know what? I shrugged.

Seriously, he's part of a team, and has a boss. Unless he gets to be the boss, it's not his call, but the team's. So, blame Cryptic, blame maybe even the overlords, but I don't see the point of singling out one specific person.

You believed what he said, without thinking about his status in the Dev team (aka not the shot-caller, AFAWK)? Well I fear the blame's on you...

PS: note, nowhere I said any of this situation was right. Just that anyone could have seen it coming... As for promises: It's like politics, if you believe them...
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    A little question I gotta ask (and the "usual forumites" know I don't even come here that often anymore): Who here genuinely believes that Crush, or any other single Dev, is calling the shots alone on ANY topic?

I heard a lot of things said by Crush, and I have no issue with the guy, that would make it seem like he calls the shot on (nearly) all the things...

Know what? I shrugged.

Seriously, he's part of a team, and has a boss. Unless he gets to be the boss, it's not his call, but the team's. So, blame Cryptic, blame maybe even the overlords, but I don't see the point of singling out one specific person.

You believed what he said, without thinking about his status in the Dev team (aka not the shot-caller, AFAWK)? Well I fear the blame's on you...

PS: note, nowhere I said any of this situation was right. Just that anyone could have seen it coming... As for promises: It's like politics, if you believe them...

I have no argument with what you said above that it is a team and a team has a boss etc.. but in chat logs crush has openly insulted the pvp community and said they don't matter and are the 2% etc.. list goes on. There is no justification for that unprofessional-ism!!

Also when a dev states that they are the one working on something in a chat channel and it turns out to be 2 items, a crap ton of bugs and no response to what was promised to come in a forum post that wasnt by g crush but was one of the normal release posts. You know whats to come with alert looking ahead one of them posts which because of the forum change can no longer be pulled up.

Anyone above 16 should be able to understand what it means to have a boss as well as understand when things are taken in a different direction. Thing is that the community should of been informed that hey you guys are no longer getting these things but instead we get silence. I personally believe alot of us would calm down if Gentlemen crush made a post apologizing for his unprofessional comments and actions in his channel towards pvpers.

Does he catch more blame then he should for the things wrong with pvp? ya probably but he is the one that declared he was the one in charge of the itemization and other items involving pvp in his channel. One can not boast like that and then when it goes bad go quiet . He may have not even been in charge of that stuff but rather it be to stroke an ego or make himself look big he stated he was which is why he gets the back lash for things wrong with it.

With anything champions we all know how bad the silent treatment enrages many of us with pvp it is no different. Do an until report without leaving pvp out and say yes or no we are fixing the bugs that came with on alert. Yes or no we intend to work on pvp, yes or no were just gone to leave it as is. As it is right now its not helping the devs or the community and is not giving the devs a very good rep on the internet as we all have seen.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I have no argument with what you said above that it is a team and a team has a boss etc.. but in chat logs crush has openly insulted the pvp community and said they don't matter and are the 2% etc.. list goes on. There is no justification for that unprofessional-ism!!

Did some one link these I wish they would cause if all he said was the stuff along the lines of the PvP community dosn't matter and that there only 2% of the population then I'm not seeing the problem.

Cause lets face PvP was never really a major part of champions. Hero games was a bone throw to those that wanted a bit of player on player action it was never men't to be IMO a core feature of the game, and now as things stand PvP dosn't matter there are 101 things that need doing before PvP gets some proper attention.

As to 2% of the population I reckon that's pretty generous.
  • Options
    meredyredleafmeredyredleaf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I feel you there.

But, well, we're talking about the same team that said, I quote: "Your fusion success chance is directly tied to your crafting skill and your catalyst! Catalysts are consumed regardless of whether you succeed or fail, but there is a special kind of catalyst: insurance catalysts, which are only consumed if you fail, and will protect you from losing a mod if you do!" (Reference here, if you don't remember)...

And yet, THIS happens, and has been happening ever since mods were introduced...
    (And I just made the video today, proof available if you check my current missions display. ^_^)

And that is/was a thought-out announcement, made in the most official fashion and still available to us as a LIVE situation report...

Not a heat-of-the-moment blurb of a pissed-off Dev...
    Not a half promise about future content... <insert loudly snort here>

So if people gotta be informed (and you're right about it too. ^_^), well better know the reliability of all we're being told... on a global scale, even PVE-wise...

Lil bonus addo!

screenshot2012111002562.th.jpg

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Did some one link these I wish they would cause if all he said was the stuff along the lines of the PvP community dosn't matter and that there only 2% of the population then I'm not seeing the problem.

Cause lets face PvP was never really a major part of champions. Hero games was a bone throw to those that wanted a bit of player on player action it was never men't to be IMO a core feature of the game, and now as things stand PvP dosn't matter there are 101 things that need doing before PvP gets some proper attention.

As to 2% of the population I reckon that's pretty generous.

As you know with the forum change its next to impossible to get the links to the old stuff but as far as pvp being part of the game i refer you to the videos or media section of the champs website http://co.perfectworld.com/media/videos

as well as

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzFykpwBue0

Its advertised, its on the website and its in the game so no matter what anyone opinions of it is it is part of champions. Meaning if something is bugged or wrong with it then something is wrong or bugged with champions. Also if you have been around before free to play there was even dev pvp nights weekly!! So its hard to believe it was a last minute addition.

Change with the devs etc.. has just brought less and less attention to certain parts of the game and sadly pvp is one of them.
    I feel you there.

But, well, we're talking about the same team that said, I quote: "Your fusion success chance is directly tied to your crafting skill and your catalyst! Catalysts are consumed regardless of whether you succeed or fail, but there is a special kind of catalyst: insurance catalysts, which are only consumed if you fail, and will protect you from losing a mod if you do!" (Reference here, if you don't remember)...

And yet, THIS happens, and has been happening ever since mods were introduced...
    (And I just made the video today, proof available if you check my current missions display. ^_^)

And that is/was a thought-out announcement, made in the most official fashion and still available to us as a LIVE situation report...

Not a heat-of-the-moment blurb of a pissed-off Dev...
    Not a half promise about future content... <insert loudly snort here>

So if people gotta be informed (and you're right about it too. ^_^), well better know the reliability of all we're being told... on a global scale, even PVE-wise...

There was an announcement thread that have the pvp items to come etc.. listed in it but I'm having difficulty finding it with the forum change. I totally agree with you as far as reliability goes cryptic has made it a habit to announce things as coming soon etc.. that never come to fruition and thats game wide. Now i understand that the get negative comments when the do announce things but im not going to dive into that mess as you can't please everyone. Thing is the community needs to be kept informed and as far as PvP goes any official information on its future would be nice.