What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anniversary Leveling Contest - Results

Comments

• Options
    wacky99wacky99 Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This is like selling a book of raffle tickets, then taking out a handful and saying "here are the entries", which leaves all those who have bought tickets (in this case levelled 1-40 within the time period) scatching their heads and asking "what about my entry?"

Stuffy on the old CO forums. PWE ate my username.
  • Options
    cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well seems that it got fixed, I got the lvling reward (crappy mods, though the 30 safeguards was nice) so... I assume the system detected successfully now that I participated. Now to see who wins the grand 2 prizes.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Got the ingame Goodz and the Title.
    So, now can i have my Champions custom piece???
    :biggrin:
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Thanks for taking care of this. :smile:

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • Options
    zedulonzedulon Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Confirming that I have received 1 reward pack.

I had another toon I may or may not have qualified with (he finished the morning of the contest ending). Can someone who definitely finished with 2 toons post whether they were able to claim 2 packs?

Also, I can't find my title.
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    zedulon wrote: »
    Confirming that I have received 1 reward pack.

I had another toon I may or may not have qualified with (he finished the morning of the contest ending). Can someone who definitely finished with 2 toons post whether they were able to claim 2 packs?

I definitely completed the contest with two qualifying toons, though only one was listed in the OP. I did PM TT regarding the other. When I get home later tonight I'll post my rewards/findings.

I'm still curious as to the status of the Amazon GC grand prize...

:cool:
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Ok, could someone who has managed to get the title please post here and tell me what window I'm supposed to be looking for the "Title" tab in? TT's directions were more than slightly vague, and I can't find my title.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    ...I had another toon I may or may not have qualified with (he finished the morning of the contest ending). Can someone who definitely finished with 2 toons post whether they were able to claim 2 packs?

I completed the contest with two characters, but I was only able to claim the "Levelling" Contest Reward Box once. :rolleyes: I also can not find my title...
    Ok, could someone who has managed to get the title please post here and tell me what window I'm supposed to be looking for the "Title" tab in? TT's directions were more than slightly vague, and I can't find my title.
    I also can not find the title. :frown: I checked everthing in the C-Store, but no luck. I found and claimed my "Levelling" Contest Reward Box from the C-Store>Bonus tab. That contained a bunch of crafting mods, but no title. I'm even logged on as the Richard Wilkins III charcater that was listed in the "results" thread.

I chatted with FlyingFinn in game and he was saying he got his, that it was under the Bonus tab and called: Leveling Contest Title.

I checked all 25 of my other toons... None of them have it either.

Here's a screenshot of what I see under my C-Store>Bonus tab.

:frown:
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Aye, that's a real stinker. You were even on the list and everything.

Well...PM TT and wait patiently? Don't know if you can do anything else.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I have been able to claim the rewards as per Trailturtle's instructions.

Screenshot below shows what it looks like for me. Bear in mind that as I have claimed the rewards, they're not highlighted any more.

http://www.bluestar.com.au/champions/level-rewards.jpg

Title should be just under the reward with all the R1 mods and such in it.

Thanks for sorting this out, TT.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Confirming that my screen looks like lordhavelock's (no title claim prize) and not like wacky99's.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Confirming that my screen looks like lordhavelock's (no title claim prize) and not like wacky99's.
    Ditto. Thanks for your screenshot wacky99. It's nice to see what I'm missing. :redface: >sigh< Oh well. I did PM TT, and opened a bug ticket.

Here's hoping it's fixed soon. I was most looking forward to that title (and sure, a chance at the gift card, of course).

jIBJh7X.jpg

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Ditto. Thanks for your screenshot wacky99. It's nice to see what I'm missing. :redface: >sigh< Oh well. I did PM TT, and opened a bug ticket.

Here's hoping it's fixed soon. I was most looking forward to that title (and sure, a chance at the gift card, of course).

No worries Patrician Vetinari.

*thinks*

I was in a Smash alert with you the other day. Dockside Dustup. I believe you mentioned something about knocks being bad. Probably my guy using a shotgun to break a generic nemesis' lifedrain / suck thing they do :P

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    So when are we getting results of the winners, since the other rewards seem to semiwork...
    And i'd like to see whole list of people who went to 40 in given time.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »

I doubt said information exists. The contest ended the morning of the 6th. They would have backed up their database on the 7th, when the patch was installed. The simplest way to resolve this would be to load that backup and simply find all L40 toons that were made after contest start. That would be guaranteed to find all winners, but would be unable to distinguish between them and those toons who hit 40 in the next 22 hours. And it's easier to just award the prize to those extra people than risk shortchanging someone.

For similar reasons, I doubt the grand prize winner will be announced either.

Caveat: This is all guesswork about what could have happened. But this possibility is one of the main reasons I expect not to get those answers.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    So when are we getting results of the winners, since the other rewards seem to semiwork...
    I hope we get some answers today. At the very least, I'd like acknowledgement that Cryptic is aware that some of us who qualified for the title did not get it.

:redface:
    jIBJh7X.jpg

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Hello Cryptic,

When can we expect results on the winner of the gift card and an update for those of us who still have not received all entry our prizes (namely the "Ascendant" title)?

:confused:
    jIBJh7X.jpg

• Options
    elsawhitworthelsawhitworth Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Would be nice to know who won. :)
  • Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Would be nice to know who won. :)

Would be nice to be the winner.

I'll be honest, it's the only reason I did the challenge, the shot at the gift card.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    iamrune wrote: »

I'll be honest, it's the only reason I did the challenge, the shot at the gift card.

Certainly it would, but I'd just be happy to see a resolution of this with everyone who completed the challenge given their title, and a winner chosen. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    iamrune wrote: »

Certainly it would, but I'd just be happy to see a resolution of this with everyone who completed the challenge given their title, and a winner chosen. :)
    Sadly, I originally participated to get the title and mod box. I never figured I'd really have a chance at the GC, expecting there would be "thousands" of entries...

But after the original results in the OP where I was one of two-dozen or so, and even after everyone else's posts about their qualifications (including my own second/original entry), I thought I might actually have a reasonable (as in whole-number, instead of fractional percentage) chance. So yeah, now I surely want to make sure the "dice are rolled" and find out who wins that GC.

Still, even more than that though, mostly, I just want that title box that really is, without question, due to me.

jIBJh7X.jpg

• Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I would love the art piece. Money is spendable and easily forgotten. With the picture, it is there forever, and you will always remember the free time you sacrificed to power level to 40 in a short timespan.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Still, even more than that though, mostly, I just want that title box that really is, without question, due to me.

I'm right there with you on that.

Any bets on whether Cryptic sweeps this one under the rug and never mentions it again?
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I'm right there with you on that.

Any bets on whether Cryptic sweeps this one under the rug and never mentions it again?

It's beginning to seem that way given the lack of even a 'still working on it' response.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    There are some people (including at least myself and zedulon) that were qualifying participants in the Anniversary Leveling Contest, but due to some bug, we have not received the promised "The Ascendant" title reward.

Those who got the rewards see this in their C-Store. (thanks to wacky99 for the screenshot).

Those of us with the bug, are missing the "Leveling Contest Title" option. :frown:

A Brief History So Far:
    08/28 The Anniversary Leveling contest is Announced:
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=166501
    Every time you level up a character to 40, you're qualifying towards a $250 Amazon gift card or a custom piece of Champs art.
    In addition, everyone who qualifies will get a special title, 'The Ascendant', plus a stack of MODs and a Catalyst pack.

09/02 (Sunday night), my first toon (California Jones) qualifies:
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=2369281&postcount=81

09/05 (Wednesday night), my second toon (Richard Wilkins III) qualifies:
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=2385861&postcount=110

09/14 Anniversary Leveling Contest - Results
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=170291
    The results clearly are missing contestants, and that thread discusses TrailTurtle's invite to PM him your missing toons.

09/14 Release Notes 9/14/2012 -- Prizes Galore
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=2429381
    Prize distribution is described. No answer/comments about people missing from the Results thread, nor any mention of the Grand Prize.

09/14 I announce I can't get the title. I post details, including a screen shot (above), I open a bug ticket in-game, and I PM TrailTurtle
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=2436881&postcount=109

Since then, I've made additional posts in this thread, and sent a second PM to TT. No response. :frown:

I'm really bummed out about this, because as I've posted a couple times (here, here), I was more interested in the title than the grand prize. Though I'm more curious and now interested in the lack of grand prize winner (supposed to have happened 120hrs after the end of the contest).

Oh well. All I can do is keep it an active topic. >shrug< :redface:

09/22 Update: Submitted GM Ticket ID #1,401,733.
    jIBJh7X.jpg

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Trying to keep it alive too. Want to see people get their justly earned titles and a winner chosen.

Bugs me that it's forced to the second page.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Trying to keep it alive too. Want to see people get their justly earned titles and a winner chosen...
    Thank you Elsa.

I also just now submitted GM Ticket ID #1,401,733.
    jIBJh7X.jpg

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Hello Cryptic:

1) What was end result and/or what is currently being done about the incorrect Contest Results, insofar as the OP lists fewer characters than actually qualified? How many winners were in the final results?

2) Who was the grand prize (Gift Card) winner? When will that be announced?

3) What is being done for us that have not received all the intended rewards (namely the Ascendant title)?
    jIBJh7X.jpg

• Options
    serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I had 2 characters qualify for the levelling contest and one is even in the first page list (shadowess) but i only have the box as well, not the title...
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    And the days keep rolling by with no resolution or communication. I'd gladly give my title to have it fixed for everyone else if such were possible, and I'd like to know if a winner has been chosen or not.
  • Options
    skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Sadly i didn't qualify for anything from here, i missed my shot but i sympathise with those who HAVE rightfully earned their reward, and hope they get what's guaranteed to them given to them, and good luck to all trying to win that gift card, personally i'd prefer the art reward instead, i thought i read somewhere in the thing the first winner got to choose which one :S
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I had 2 characters qualify for the levelling contest and one is even in the first page list (shadowess) but i only have the box as well, not the title...
    That's exactly what happened to me. I wonder if Zedulon is in the same boat... If so, shooting in the dark here, but maybe that's the bug... If you got TWO toons to qualify it dinks your title... Tell me Serendipitynow, was Shadowess your first or second toon to qualify? Because it was my second toon: Richard Wilkins III that's listed in the OP. My first toon, California Jones, is not listed.

Hmmm...

:confused:
    jIBJh7X.jpg

• Options
    edited September 2012
    same, shadowess was my 2nd
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    same, shadowess was my 2nd
    Did anyone else have two qualifying toons? Were either of them listed in the OP? Was it your second toon to qualify that's listed? Were you able to claim the title reward?
    jIBJh7X.jpg

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Cryptic GM Ariekne replied to my open GM Ticket and put a "Leveling Contest Title Box" directly into my inventory. It's still not actually listed in my C-Store Bonus tab (as claimed or otherwise)... I got the box, opened it, and that character got the title.

Unfortunately, my other characters don't have it.

Picture of character that I happened to be on when I opened the GM ticket, who received and opened the box, and has the title:
    http://i.imgur.com/caIKH.jpg

Picture of Richard Wilkins III, no title:
    http://i.imgur.com/8iHwY.jpg

Was the title supposed to unlock for all my toons? That's what I expected... I really wanted it on my Richard Wilkins III character. And possibly would want it on others...

Getting warmer... :redface: I updated the GM ticket.
    jIBJh7X.jpg

• Options
    sanmercisanmerci Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Cryptic GM Ariekne replied to my open GM Ticket and put a "Leveling Contest Title Box" directly into my inventory. It's still not actually listed in my C-Store Bonus tab (as claimed or otherwise)... I got the box, opened it, and that character got the title.

Unfortunately, my other characters don't have it.

Picture of character that I happened to be on when I opened the GM ticket, who received and opened the box, and has the title:
    http://i.imgur.com/caIKH.jpg

Picture of Richard Wilkins III, no title:
    http://i.imgur.com/8iHwY.jpg

Was the title supposed to unlock for all my toons? That's what I expected... I really wanted it on my Richard Wilkins III character. And possibly would want it on others...

Getting warmer... :redface: I updated the GM ticket.

Yes, the title is definitely supposed to be unlocked for all of your titles. Good luck- I'm still watching this topic with interest to see what happens.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Im still waiting for them to show a full list of all who qualified and who went into the drawing, and who won, but they seem to be sweeping this entire cluster**** under the carpet
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    sanmerci wrote: »
    Yes, the title is definitely supposed to be unlocked for all of your titles. Good luck- I'm still watching this topic with interest to see what happens.
    Yeah.... That's what I thought. >sigh< I hope/expect them to get this fixed... :redface:
    jIBJh7X.jpg

• Options
    neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Did a Grand Prize winner ever get announced? :confused:

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • Options
    edited September 2012

nope, and we still have people who haven't gotten all that they were supposed to for participating.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    nope, and we still have people who haven't gotten all that they were supposed to for participating.
    I'm especially confused by the lack of official comment on the Grand Prize specifically.

As for my own missing titles, I did get a reply from support that says they will try to get it on my remaining characters within 48-72 hours. So we'll see. :rolleyes:
    jIBJh7X.jpg

• Options
    edited September 2012
    I'm especially confused by the lack of official comment on the Grand Prize specifically.

As for my own missing titles, I did get a reply from support that says they will try to get it on my remaining characters within 48-72 hours. So we'll see. :rolleyes:

That confuses me as well. I suppose they may still be sorting out just how many qualifying characters there actually are, but you'd think TrailTurtle would at least pop by and say something rather than leave us hanging.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    That confuses me as well. I suppose they may still be sorting out just how many qualifying characters there actually are, but you'd think TrailTurtle would at least pop by and say something rather than leave us hanging.
    Indeed, it's been two weeks since any sort of official Cryptic reply in this thread...
    jIBJh7X.jpg

• Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited September 2012
    Regarding missing titles:
    -I've dug around, and the issue here is that you're supposed to be getting a perk to grant the titles. Not sure where the linkage is between the title box and the perk, but that seems to be what's broken. I'm asking around about ways we can force these perks to complete for you guys; check back in on Monday, when I'm back in the office and CS can give me some directions.

Missing Entrants:
    -So far I have Experiment 21@CaptainCooltastic and Overshadow@InfiniteMan. Please let me know if there are any other characters left off the list of winners.

Speaking of winners... congratulations to fudgemonsta on being our randomly-chosen grand prize winner! Judging by your earlier posts, I'm guessing you'd like the art, eh? I've pinged the Cryptic team to get the ball rolling on that.

This is going to be a very emergent process -- read, we're all flying by the seat of our pants on this -- but if you've got any specific requests, definitely post 'em or PM me. This will probably take a little while, but you're going to love the final result.
  • Options
    mistformsquirrelmistformsquirrel Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Are we talking the same list on the front page? Cause I'm still left off that list it seems. The Grey Kestrel@mistformsquirrel

Check out my Champions Online webcomic in progress!

Annoying people since 2009!
  • Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Are we talking the same list on the front page? Cause I'm still left off that list it seems. The Grey Kestrel@mistformsquirrel

I have to agree that I'm not confident I was actually entered into the drawing for Streaking Star@Rune since the front page list was never updated.

Congratulations to the winner all the same. :-/
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Missing Entrants:
    -So far I have Experiment 21@CaptainCooltastic and Overshadow@InfiniteMan. Please let me know if there are any other characters left off the list of winners.

Speaking of winners... congratulations to fudgemonsta on being our randomly-chosen grand prize winner! Judging by your earlier posts, I'm guessing you'd like the art, eh? I've pinged the Cryptic team to get the ball rolling on that.

Hardly fair picking a winner when you dont even have all those who qualified correct yet...

There have been dozens mentioned and you have only added 2 so far?

I re pmd mine and ill re post it here : cherry forever
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Regarding missing titles:
    -I've dug around, and the issue here is that you're supposed to be getting a perk to grant the titles. Not sure where the linkage is between the title box and the perk, but that seems to be what's broken. I'm asking around about ways we can force these perks to complete for you guys; check back in on Monday, when I'm back in the office and CS can give me some directions..
    First TrailTurtle, thank you for not forgetting about us and letting us know the status. We'll look forward to an update next week, then! :smile:

...Please let me know if there are any other characters left off the list of winners.
    California Jones@PatricianVetinari was my first qualifying character, and he's not on the list.
    Speaking of winners... congratulations to fudgemonsta...
    Yay Fudgie! Congrats! Woot woot! :biggrin:

I could be a rabble-rouser and complain about why there's a winner when all entrants weren't included, but I'll be honest, I mostly just care about the title at this point. :redface:
    jIBJh7X.jpg

• Options
    edited September 2012
    You can add Engineer of Auspicious Harmonies@TesseractSpace to the list too.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I got a reply from GM Ariekne on my in-game ticket saying they are looking more deeply into this code and are trying to get it fixed as soon as they can.
    jIBJh7X.jpg