What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anniversary Leveling Contest - Results

Comments

• Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    This may be old news, but I'm a bit concerned that there was a grand prize winner selected when the entrants list isn't even complete. How do we know if everyone got a chance at the grand prize who wasn't in the initial list?

I originally missed the announcement of the winner because it was snuck into one of the many Level up contest threads.
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    This may be old news...
    It's not old news to me. :redface: Just the other day I finally retcon'd Richard Wilkins III to give him a "final" themed build. I would love for him to have his The Ascendant title.

I'm still waiting for Cryptic to figure out how to fix the perk that's supposed to be associated with this contest so I can get my title.

:frown:
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    If it was sorted out for your character, you should be able to purchase the unlock through the bonus tab in the C-Store in game for every character you have.

And this is why I'm concerned that winners were chosen when not everyone who is a valid entrant didn't make it into the drawing.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    If it was sorted out for your character, you should be able to purchase the unlock through the bonus tab in the C-Store in game for every character you have...
    Thank you. Yes, that's what's supposed to happen, unfortunately, it wasn't "sorted out" for my characters. See my posts in this thread for more details, but specifically see posts 126 & 136. :redface:
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Speaking of winners... congratulations to fudgemonsta on being our randomly-chosen grand prize winner! Judging by your earlier posts, I'm guessing you'd like the art, eh? I've pinged the Cryptic team to get the ball rolling on that.

...Eheh, you're joking right?

:biggrin:

[Cough edit.] Eherm, yes. Thankee for zeh prize. However I'm willing to put said art picture on the backburner and let you guys work on fixing the perks and stuff up for the nice folks here. I'm sure many of them would like a look into that, and I'm good for waiting a bit on that picture. It would feel all the much sweeter a (Random mind you) victory if everyone was able to enjoy it.

(It would also give me some time to think on the character and costume design I want. Holy carp I can't believe I won, I've never won something bigger then a tootsie roll in my life... )
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    This is going to be a very emergent process -- read, we're all flying by the seat of our pants on this -- but if you've got any specific requests, definitely post 'em or PM me. This will probably take a little while, but you're going to love the final result.

Id like some more info/update on this final result everyone who levelled characters for this event but werent recognised os going to love...

I still have no title for any of my characters, all the prizes were 1 per account - that wasnt mentioned before, so i spent hours levelling a 2nd for nothing as of yet, and dont even have full rewards for 1.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I don't suppose anyone has had any more info on the status of the rewards? I'm curious to know if anyone who hasn't gotten them has had an update to their status.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I don't suppose anyone has had any more info on the status of the rewards? I'm curious to know if anyone who hasn't gotten them has had an update to their status.
    I did not get an account-wide "The Ascendant" title. Instead one of the GMs manually placed a title box into the inventory of one of my toons (the one that I happened to be on when I opened the ticket, one that doesn't need/want the title). When I opened that box only that toon got the title. The rest of my characters (including my two contest-qualifying toons, and new ones I've created since the contest ended and I opened that one-toon-title-box) do not have access to "The Ascendant" title. This is apparently due to a problem with a perk that they can't get working.

Please fix the Perk Cryptic.

:redface:
    jIBJh7X.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Likewise - no title perk at all, 2 qualifying characters only 1 of which has been recognised (despite posting details here and pming them twice)

No rewards at all for the 2nd character as all rewards given out were per account - a fact not mentioned before the contest ended.

No update on the outcome all those not included in the competition but qualified due to their bugged data mining to identify them can expect and will love according to the post by trailturtle almst 3 weeks ago.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    No update on the outcome all those not included in the competition but qualified due to their bugged data mining to identify them can expect and will love according to the post by trailturtle almst 3 weeks ago.

I too would love an updated list, as, to be frank, I wasn't on the original list either. I had to send a PM to TT to get added, and apparently they did do it, so now I'm wondering who all have been 'signed off' on the list.

Plus some info on if the perk thing is fixable or not would be great.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    ...Plus some info on if the perk thing is fixable or not would be great.
    I sure hope it's not an "if" thing... :mad:
    jIBJh7X.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2012
    I sure hope it's not an "if" thing... :mad:

As do I, but I'm not pulling cards from the table yet.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    too would love an updated list, as, to be frank, I wasn't on the original list either. I had to send a PM to TT to get added, and apparently they did do it, so now I'm wondering who all have been 'signed off' on the list.

See trailturtles post on page 15. In that post only 2 people were added to the original list, and in the same post the winner was announced. So the winner was taken from the original list plus those 2. Everyone else who qualified never even had a chance at winning, and everyone with more than 1 character qualifying got nothing for the second (the prize was never listed as being per account not per character before the contest ended)
  • Options
    neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    See trailturtles post on page 15. In that post only 2 people were added to the original list, and in the same post the winner was announced. So the winner was taken from the original list plus those 2. Everyone else who qualified never even had a chance at winning, and everyone with more than 1 character qualifying got nothing for the second (the prize was never listed as being per account not per character before the contest ended)

SONOFABITCH!!

You mean since I sent TT a PM asking why I wasn't on the list and wasn't put on the updated list even though I got my titles and rewards, I wasn't in the running for the gift card???

GOD DAMN IT TRAILTURTLE CAN'T YOU GUYS EVER RUN A CONTEST WITHOUT ****ING UP BEYOND ALL RECOGNITION??? :mad:

Oh well, guess it's my fault. I figured since I had gotten my in-game rewards, TT had the common sense to put me on the list for the grand prize. Face it, I F'dup... I trusted em.

Damn it. Wish I had seen that post earlier, oh well. Let us know if/when you get your artwork Fudge.

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Damn it. Wish I had seen that post earlier, oh well. Let us know if/when you get your artwork Fudge.

Aye, I shall, but I'd rather they fix the issues they got with the contest now then have them doodle me a picture.

And maybe a response to the PM that I sent TT too. That would be nice...

EDIT :

That...Doesn't really make sense then since I'm not on either list...
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Nuthin'? :frown:

Bump anyways. Some info would be coolio, both for my PM and the peoples here.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    elsawhitworthelsawhitworth Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Gotta say the complete cluster#$@! this turned into is one major factor in me stepping away from the game and uninstalling it for the last month or so despite my subscription. Sad to see it still hasn't been resolved to any meaningful extent.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    ...That...Doesn't really make sense then since I'm not on either list...
    Wow... That really is confusing!

It's so very sad that this Levelling Contest has turned into such a bummer.

jIBJh7X.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Shameless bump.

Info is the sweetest syrup. My waffles are currently bare.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I find it interesting that this thread is not visible when you look in the Super News Network section. Its only possible to find this thread if it was the most recent thread posted in that section. So I doubt the devs even know its still going.

And that makes wonder why its not visible even if you go back many pages.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    for soem reason, unlike every other sub forum here, you have to click the column heading 'last post' to re order the threads here into last posted order, which brings this thread back to where it should be.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I find it interesting that this thread is not visible when you look in the Super News Network section. Its only possible to find this thread if it was the most recent thread posted in that section. So I doubt the devs even know its still going.

Page three, about half way down the topics list.

It's how I find it every day, searching for a post in response to the situation. :frown:
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    edited October 2012

I've noticed and wondered about this too... :frown: Almost as I'm in wonder over the Official Silence we have on this.
    jIBJh7X.jpg

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Maybe you/we get the answer right after the revealing the reward in Iron Age character competition....
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Maybe you/we get the answer right after the revealing the reward in Iron Age character competition....

Wow. That seriously bites.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I don't even know what that is, but I'll assume it was an earlier contest for which CO didn't complete/pay out the rewards...
    jIBJh7X.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2012
    I don't even know what that is, but I'll assume it was an earlier contest for which CO didn't complete/pay out the rewards...

I heard about the contest, I wasn't aware that it didn't pay out...
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Sadly most of the costume pictures are gone.
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=143873&highlight=iron

We got the titles.
    I was referring to that they wanted the costume files of the winners for something, which was never revealed.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    ...I was referring to that they wanted the costume files of the winners for something, which was never revealed.
    That's unfortunate.

It really bugs me that Cryptic would advertise and promote "events" or "contests" like these, and then not follow-through on them.

And I noticed the other day that the ticket I opened about not getting my title on all my characters has been closed as resolved. Yeah. Right.

Looks like I'll be opening another ticket. >shakes head in sadness and disappointment<

jIBJh7X.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2012
    And I noticed the other day that the ticket I opened about not getting my title on all my characters has been closed as resolved. Yeah. Right.

I'd send you my title if I could. I'd prefer this getting fixed over a doodle. :frown:
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I'd send you my title if I could. I'd prefer this getting fixed over a doodle. :frown:
    I appreciate the sentiment Fudgy, but I'd rather Cryptic complete what they owe. It was their bloody contest. Their idea that they offered.

:mad:
    jIBJh7X.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Well, it's been over a month since there's been any official update/response on this (the last one was here). All my existing tickets have been closed for weeks (listed as "solved" despite the issue not actually being resolved).

I just opened another service ticket with PW, ref #121031-000279.

:rolleyes:
    jIBJh7X.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Turtle, turtle, turtle.

I sent you a PM and the ticket thingy says it hasn't been read yet.

Also fix this right meow. It's disheartening and rather silly.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    ...I just opened another service ticket with PW, ref #121031-000279.
    PW marked my second ticket as solved, even though in the reply they say they're aware of the issue and looking into it. :confused:

>shrug<

Oh well. I'll give them another month and open a third ticket then. Once a month until resolved, I guess. :rolleyes:

jIBJh7X.jpg

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Turtle...

Turtle...

Any...News on this?

...Anything?

Whatsoever?

I'm watching and waiting. See? Box in the corner. I ain't moving for a while. Even brought a minifridge...

So...Any news?
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I've been in a sort of dialog with GM Nerift on my latest ticket. I hesitate to say anything specific at this point, except to say that I'm quite hopeful right now...

:smile:
    jIBJh7X.jpg

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Yep still watching and waiting for them to live upto their promise over this.

Last word on this issue was over a month ago from tail turtle :
    Regarding missing titles:
    -I've dug around, and the issue here is that you're supposed to be getting a perk to grant the titles. Not sure where the linkage is between the title box and the perk, but that seems to be what's broken. I'm asking around about ways we can force these perks to complete for you guys; check back in on Monday, when I'm back in the office and CS can give me some directions.

Missing Entrants:
    -So far I have Experiment 21@CaptainCooltastic and Overshadow@InfiniteMan. Please let me know if there are any other characters left off the list of winners.

Speaking of winners... congratulations to fudgemonsta on being our randomly-chosen grand prize winner! Judging by your earlier posts, I'm guessing you'd like the art, eh? I've pinged the Cryptic team to get the ball rolling on that.

This is going to be a very emergent process -- read, we're all flying by the seat of our pants on this -- but if you've got any specific requests, definitely post 'em or PM me. This will probably take a little while, but you're going to love the final result.

The 2 names mentioned above are the ONLY ones mentioned as being added to the list of 24 posted in the first post of the thread, and in the same post the winner was announced (who later said he wasnt on the list so wtf there...)

(nothing against you fudge and thanks for the info you have posted, im glad you got something, just waiting for this to be resolved for the rest of us)

Also in that quote it says they are working on it and well all be happy with the result, well they havent lived up to that since its been over a month and nothing, not even an update.

So what gives??
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Here's the latest post/update I just got in my ticket about missing the Ascendant title reward:
    GM Nerift wrote:
    Yes, this should be fixed for everyone. If not, tell them to ticket in (make sure they select Champions when doing so), and I'll see if there was a hold up or they're not eligible.

If for whatever reason it doesn't end up in the patch on Friday, I'll let you know on Monday.
    So hopefully Friday will be a lovely day indeed. :biggrin:

Edit to add: An additional note from Nerift after I told him I'd let people know about the title fix on Friday:
    GM Nerift wrote:
    Great! Just please tell them to hold off until Monday with the tickets if they don't have their stuff. I'll keep you updated at that point.
    So for that, hopefully we're fixed on Friday. If not, submit tickets at the above link on Monday.
    jIBJh7X.jpg

• Options
    edited November 2012
    The title finally being fixed will be one thing, what about them drawing the winner when they didnt have most of the characters who qualified sorted out, and the post i quoted from 29/9 where trailturtle said they are working on it and well love what they do
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    The title finally being fixed will be one thing, what about them drawing the winner when they didnt have most of the characters who qualified sorted out, and the post i quoted from 29/9 where trailturtle said they are working on it and well love what they do
    I do not know the answer to that. My tickets have been only about the missing/broken title. All things considered I feel I have had fairly respectable response from my tickets (*). I recommend folks open their own tickets on your subject as they like. Here's where you go:

https://support.perfectworld.com/

And I wish them luck!

An additional note from Nerift after I told him I'd let people know about the title fix on Friday:
    GM Nerift wrote:
    Great! Just please tell them to hold off until Monday with the tickets if they don't have their stuff. I'll keep you updated at that point.
    So for that, hopefully we're fixed on Friday. If not, submit tickets at the above link on Monday.

:rolleyes: :smile:

* A note about PW Support Tickets: They really do require monitoring by the customer. Unfortunately PW's system automatically tags a ticket as "solved" if a PW rep response to it, even if it isn't actually fixed. (I agree, this is bad, but there it is.) All you have to do is go back to the above page, Ticket History, click the ticket, and update it again to change the status back to unsolved. If you don't update it, after so much time (1-2 days?) in the "Solved" state it locks out permanently. (But that's ok, you can open another ticket, if you had to.). I can't stress enough the importance of being polite and patient in updates. Also note that PW automatically sends you an e-mail when you get an update, so you should be informed of changes (though I would check my tickets several times a day, usually).
    jIBJh7X.jpg

• Options
    edited November 2012

:rolleyes: :smile:

Very awesome. Glad you have a response on it. Now if I could get a response too, this day would be even better. :tongue:
    (nothing against you fudge and thanks for the info you have posted, im glad you got something, just waiting for this to be resolved for the rest of us)

As am I. Glad to hear you guys finally have (I hope.) the solution to the prizes issue.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited November 2012
    Tried to do a mass-application of the titles during maintenance, but I was only able to get it on a per-character basis instead of applying to the entire account. Levelers, talk to me at any point during today and I'll make sure your characters get the titles.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Awesome sauce TT. Glad to see a response on it.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Tried to do a mass-application of the titles during maintenance, but I was only able to get it on a per-character basis instead of applying to the entire account. Levelers, talk to me at any point during today and I'll make sure your characters get the titles.

Any word on the winners of the main prizes? that's what I am more intrigued about at this point... I sooo would love to have any of my characters drawn and colored by your artists.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    cascadence wrote: »
    Any word on the winners of the main prizes? that's what I am more intrigued about at this point... I sooo would love to have any of my characters drawn and colored by your artists.

TT already listed the winner...[Cough.] :biggrin:

I still haven't recieved any word on the PM I sent him though...After he asked for a PM.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Hmmm... Hiya TrailTurtle, I'm not sure what you mean by talk to you today... but here is a list of my characters (all of them @patricianvetinari):

Baron Samedi
    Belisah
    Bliss
    Bodkin
    Bogle
    Brightwing
    Brother Walks with Shadow
    California Jones
    Casey Copperpot
    Corsara Rossa
    Dandy Lion
    Flag Speed
    Gelid
    Gorlo
    Jewel
    Juke
    Lomas Manchester
    Loon
    Lorthana
    Mechoid
    Medilia
    Omegalomaniac
    Orb
    Psytro
    Raj Azi Asura
    Richard Wilkins III
    Titus Cornelius Invictus
    Vim

Do I have to be online with you to make this happen? GMNerift mentioned something about that in our conversation on my ticket and your post makes me wonder... ??? If so, then I'm not going to be on until probably pretty late tonight (at work now, have plans after work (it's my Birthday))...

jIBJh7X.jpg

• Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited November 2012
    Hmmm... Hiya TrailTurtle, I'm not sure what you mean by talk to you today... but here is a list of my characters (all of them @patricianvetinari):
    Do I have to be online with you to make this happen?

Pretty much. The most important thing is that I know whether and which character is online from a given account -- otherwise there's some weird stuff that can happen. The best way for it to go is for you to Tell me when you're online, and switch through your different characters as I grant the titles. It's a bad solution, but it would work.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Pretty much. The most important thing is that I know whether and which character is online from a given account -- otherwise there's some weird stuff that can happen. The best way for it to go is for you to Tell me when you're online, and switch through your different characters as I grant the titles. It's a bad solution, but it would work.
    Ah. So we have to coordinate an in-game meet-up? How can I tell you if I'm on-line/how can I know when you're online? Do we become Friends in-game and/or should we schedule a specific day/time/place in-game to meet-up?

I don't know if you can see my Support Ticket #121031-000279, but I added my cell phone number in there with the intent of making such an appointment.

Otherwise... Well... I'm in California, same timezone as Cryptic, so that should help. I will be on tonight/this weekend, I'm just not sure when... When will YOU be on?

:rolleyes:
    jIBJh7X.jpg

• Options
    cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    TT already listed the winner...[Cough.] :biggrin:

I still haven't recieved any word on the PM I sent him though...After he asked for a PM.

Derp... I must had missed the post. Oh well, thanks for the info tho.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    cascadence wrote: »
    Derp... I must had missed the post. Oh well, thanks for the info tho.

No problem. I didn't know either until after my vacation was over, so imagine my surprise.

Just waitin' to see if I get a response. Ticket says TT read my PM, must be contemplating the vastness of my questions.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!