Options

What About the Region Banned Players?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    stardiver wrote: »
    I don't get this. Why is "region banning" even a thing any more? It's not enough I had to put up with this **** from Games for Windows - Live telling me my "country is not supported at this time," but why ban whole regions? What did Russia ever do to Perfect World?

Agreed and as we have all seen spammers still spam the forum with these stupid watch this sport here post and they have nothing at all to do with Russia or China.

Ya using region blocks to stop scams yeah thats working out well for you isnt it PWE.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I don't get this. Why is "region banning" even a thing any more? It's not enough I had to put up with this **** from Games for Windows - Live telling me my "country is not supported at this time," but why ban whole regions? What did Russia ever do to Perfect World?
    Perfect World wants to maintain exclusive distribution rights over the entire continent of Asia. Perfect World Entertainment is their subsidiary for the rest of the world. This has worked well for PW's own games, which reside on separate servers in different parts of the world; it doesn't work that well with Cryptic games, which live on exactly one server farm in northern California. PW isn't set up to handle this, and their corporate culture (being Chinese in origin) isn't exactly easily flexible.

My hope is that, given time, they arrange a loophole for those people under the direct dominion of Perfect World itself, so that they can use their PW accounts with Cryptic's games. So far, the existing loophole is that it's still possible to log into Cryptic's servers using your older Cryptic information, which is anyway something, but until PW figures things out, we can't get any new players from those regions.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    stardiverstardiver Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Ah, corporate culture. Because it's not enough for "corporate restructuring" to shut down one game I liked, it has to kneecap another game that deserves better than this.
    |

Of all the things I've lost,
    It think I miss my mind the most.
  • Options
    venompapavenompapa Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Fun thing are these things can be tricked out with a proxy or something....

But anyway, who cares where are you from until you pay for things? I never got these idiotic restrictions -_-

Really its just PLAIN STUPID nonsense **** for annoy some peoples
  • Options
    gorkem1991gorkem1991 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I am trying to be gold again.No one rep me or help me.I sended 4 ticket and website showing my region wrong.I paid before with my credit card now its loks like imposible.
    Here screen shot about it.Some stupit people thing my country arabic PW thing my country
    in asia all wrong.We in europa.Wel i thing its some kind of close game.Last time ı enter game i saw we have only 5 instance i remmber old times we was have 20.I thing i wil quit from CO forever in 2 week have fun with stupit company.This forum account is my friend pw account i am using it for enter forum.
    26461.jpg
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Actually we have 1 server. Even in the Good Old Days.
    I don't know why you keep making posts if you don't want people to rep/help/answer to you in the forum.
    And you're starting the rant again.
    Never say forever ever.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    ivsateivsate Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Damn I am from Russia and I am alive XD. After few days of bugsplatting in IE, I managed to link PWE acc.
    I am lifesub if iy helps.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    gorkem1991 wrote: »
    I am trying to be gold again.No one rep me or help me.I sended 4 ticket and website showing my region wrong.I paid before with my credit card now its loks like imposible.
    Here screen shot about it.Some stupit people thing my country arabic PW thing my country
    in asia all wrong.We in europa.Wel i thing its some kind of close game.Last time ı enter game i saw we have only 5 instance i remmber old times we was have 20.I thing i wil quit from CO forever in 2 week have fun with stupit company.This forum account is my friend pw account i am using it for enter forum.
    26461.jpg

Ok Shev this might be the problem. If you are next to a region banned country it might stop you buying zen. Seen you in game so we know your not region banned but being near a blocked country might be the issue.

Your Turkish right? I dont think you guys are blocked.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!