test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What About the Region Banned Players?

Comments

• towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    bluedarky wrote: »
    Have you filed formal complaints with the company about these incidents, because if not then you really shouldn't be coming on these forums and complaining if you're not going to bring this up with the company itself.

-procedure-

Check your mailbox on the free forums when you get the chance.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • visionstorm01visionstorm01 Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    People are responsible for their own actions. Period. If players want to react negatively to a change being made it's because they feel they must, not because Cryptic or anyone else is putting the proverbial gun to their head.

Only if we were living in a vacum, unaffected by anything and all circumstances that surround us were completely under our control. But the real world is more complicated than that. The idea that people aren't allowed to react negatively to being thrust into negative situation that's not of their own making (and of which someone else is responsible for) is absurd.
    Have you filed formal complaints with the company about these incidents, because if not then you really shouldn't be coming on these forums and complaining if you're not going to bring this up with the company itself.

I've detailed procedures for reporting these sorts of things before on these and the free player forums, particularly in reference to complaints about specific GMs who were taking actions then responding to the tickets to have those actions investigated but for the sake of anyone who wants to make those complaints I'll list those procedures again.

1. Submit complaint, wait three days for reply.

2. If no reply is made in 3 days update the ticket, if the ticket has been closed or deleted without response submit another one.

3. If the ticket is responded to and closed by the staff member whom the complaint is about submit another. If it isn't closed then your only response should be for the ticket to be escalated.

4. When you finally get a response from your ticket then request the ticket be escalated if it isn't escalated by the support staff member who responded. The first line of support staff your ticket will reach will not have any authority but to either escalate the ticket or give a cut and paste reply from a massive list.

5. Keep at it. This is important, the process may take time but submitting a ticket then ignoring it if there's no response and then complaining when it gets automatically closed a few months later is the wrong way to go about it. Especially if you're complaining about it on the company forums rather than through the ticket system.

6. If your previous tickets on the subject have been closed without response or if the person you're making the complaint about has been responding and closing the tickets, always provide a list of the ticket numbers in the ticket so when someone who can investigate it gets it they know exactly where they're looking for what's been going on. This is doubly important if the complaint is for the responder being rude or insulting.

7. For a final pointer always be polite in any complaint you make to the company and stick to the facts, you may feel that ranting may not be as harmful online as it would be to someones face, but tickets that are long, rambling rants, especially if they're rude and insulting are more likely to just be tossed aside. Remember, for a ticket system like this it's even easier to pull up previous complaints than a telephone system. You may find it helps to type it up as a formal letter.

I have, and continue to, followed all of these steps.

And, I do make a point of being extremely polite in all tickets/official interactions. The goal is to get results, not whine at someone who is generally certain to be more willing to be helpful if they are not being treated poorly.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
    edited July 2012
    Only if we were living in a vacum, unaffected by anything and all circumstances that surround us were completely under our control. But the real world is more complicated than that. The idea that people aren't allowed to react negatively to being thrust into negative situation that's not of their own making (and of which someone else is responsible for) is absurd.

That's not at all what I said and I'm not about to have a social and/or behavioral sciences debate with you on this.
    ashensnow wrote: »
    Agreed.

Your point, one with which I completely agree, is that people are responsible for their actions (or how they choose to react to a given situation). That does not, in any way, imply that they are not allowed to react as they choose.

Precisely.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    That's not at all what I said and I'm not about to have a social and/or behavioral sciences debate with you on this.

Agreed.

Your point, one with which I completely agree, is that people are responsible for their actions (or how they choose to react to a given situation). That does not, in any way, imply that they are not allowed to react as they choose.

edited July 2012
    Yeah, I can agree with that. My point was more along the lines of responsibility not being the same when you react to a situation you didn't create, than when you create the situation yourself.

Its not the same thing to walk up to someone and strike them for no reason, than to be attacked by someone without provocation and hitting them back on instinct in self defense.
    It is true, people are responsible for their own actions, that same statement is true for Cryptic and its employees. Players/customers concerns will go unanswered for months, this one from what I've been reading this issue with the region blocks was brought up 6 months ago, and we got a we'll look into it. Then after that nothing, 6 months with out any kind of update for something that effects people on a financial level as well as a game level is a terrible way to run customer service. Cryptic as a business is responsible for maintaining a reasonable level of customer service.

Every action has a reaction, everything has a cause and effect, both good and bad. In some cases the reaction is justified, sometimes it is not. it is the job of the customer service reps to help the customers, and when the customers are ignored, given false hope/promises time in and time out, left to ponder what a company is doing with the money they are getting, as a company your reps need to be prepared for the storm that is caused.
  • silveragefogeysilveragefogey Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You guys ever wonder why Cryptic employees post infrequently outside of the PTS?
    This nonsense right here is why.

A third of the people on these forums doesn't believe a word that comes from the CS department.
    Another third doesn't believe a word that comes from Stormshade.
    The remaining third doesn't believe either CS or Stormshade.

They both have their faults but constantly putting them up in the stockade for public amusement and beratement because of those faults is pathetic. If Splosions or Tumerboy were official CM types then, in time, you'd(collective 'you' for the interpretively impaired) react the same way to them as well.

Sigh. This is going to sound trollish*, and I don't want to sound as if I'm being a troll, honestly. But it pisses me off.

Posting here frequently is THEIR JOB.
    They get PAID TO COMMUNICATE WITH US.
    I am a PAYING CUSTOMER and AM ENTITLED to communication.
    If someone on these boards were at their jobs and replied to criticism with, "I'm offended. I don't want to do my job when people are mean to me," you can damn well bet they'd be looking for new work quickly! COROLLARY: We do not know that that is the case with community moderators. Maybe they're forbidden to communicate with the forums. But there is no way to tell... and by nature of their titles, I would expect communication.

I would be satisfied with, "Hey, gang, about this latest issue - our directors are discussing it, but we really don't have an answer yet. When we do, you'll hear about it!" I wouldn't be pleased with the content, but at least it's communication and I would appreciate that.

I don't think anyone is looking for the impossible (or forbidden.) A community moderator cannot make the devs fix everything within half an hour of reporting it - I get that.

But no substantial communication for weeks and months on end is a little frustrating. And, "Hey! Catch the newest grab bag!" or "There's a new alert!" or "It's a 20% off weekend in the C-Store" are not examples of substantial communication... they're PR.

You noted that some of us don't believe a word from CS or Stormshade. That misses the point... there is no word to believe or disbelieve. And to address "public amusement and beratement because of those faults" - first, it's not amusing, it's enraging. Second - the fault is that we have nothing from them, and non-communication seems to be a constant matter.

I've done customer service, and customers want to hear SOMETHING. Not necessarily that everything has been fixed (oh, surely they would like to hear that...) but daily or bi-daily contact with something like, "We know about this matter and we're still working on it. This note is to let you know that you're not being ignored or overlooked."

Because that's sure what it seems to be now.

Shieldtower, again, I mean no insult here; I'm trying to make my point, and one that I think a lot of others seem to agree with. I would be glad to entertain your discussion on this.

*Funny... he doesn't look trollish! :)

Grind. Grind never changes.
    If you're playing CO and reporting any bugs, you're STILL an unpaid QA technician.
    "Because we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied" - message from PW customer service.
  • yannsolo75yannsolo75 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Where I work, the motto is "In 48h, I provide a solution, or at least an answer"
    And I'm a dev, not a guy whose whole job is to communicate...
    And still no official reply to our worries and upsets way to go PWE.

Keep up the bad work Dr D is proud of ya.

Utterly shameful.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
    edited July 2012
    Sigh. This is going to sound trollish*, and I don't want to sound as if I'm being a troll, honestly. But it pisses me off.

Posting here frequently is THEIR JOB.
    They get PAID TO COMMUNICATE WITH US.
    I am a PAYING CUSTOMER and AM ENTITLED to communication.
    If someone on these boards were at their jobs and replied to criticism with, "I'm offended. I don't want to do my job when people are mean to me," you can damn well bet they'd be looking for new work quickly! COROLLARY: We do not know that that is the case with community moderators. Maybe they're forbidden to communicate with the forums. But there is no way to tell... and by nature of their titles, I would expect communication.

I would be satisfied with, "Hey, gang, about this latest issue - our directors are discussing it, but we really don't have an answer yet. When we do, you'll hear about it!" I wouldn't be pleased with the content, but at least it's communication and I would appreciate that.

I don't think anyone is looking for the impossible (or forbidden.) A community moderator cannot make the devs fix everything within half an hour of reporting it - I get that.

But no substantial communication for weeks and months on end is a little frustrating. And, "Hey! Catch the newest grab bag!" or "There's a new alert!" or "It's a 20% off weekend in the C-Store" are not examples of substantial communication... they're PR.

You noted that some of us don't believe a word from CS or Stormshade. That misses the point... there is no word to believe or disbelieve. And to address "public amusement and beratement because of those faults" - first, it's not amusing, it's enraging. Second - the fault is that we have nothing from them, and non-communication seems to be a constant matter.

I've done customer service, and customers want to hear SOMETHING. Not necessarily that everything has been fixed (oh, surely they would like to hear that...) but daily or bi-daily contact with something like, "We know about this matter and we're still working on it. This note is to let you know that you're not being ignored or overlooked."

Because that's sure what it seems to be now.

Shieldtower, again, I mean no insult here; I'm trying to make my point, and one that I think a lot of others seem to agree with. I would be glad to entertain your discussion on this.

*Funny... he doesn't look trollish! :)

Not in the manner you think you are. They're required to notify us of scheduled downtimes and any major changes that might affect our ability to access the game. By making the announcement several months back about the impending region bans and when they might take effect they were fulfilling their obligation to inform us. Once the final details are set in stone then we can expect a follow up announcement. The issue isn't set in stone yet because the region-locked players are still able to log into the game right now, just not on the forums.

Speculation None of us know how often any CM is required to post or if there even IS a frequency quota to begin with. Frequent posts would run into my next point.

No, no it doesn't. If they really have nothing new to add on the matter and they announce as much then they're going to be met with, among other things, harsh skepticism and/or blind hate because this community has proven time and again that it needs something to be angry about.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Not in the manner you think you are. They're required to notify us of scheduled downtimes and any major changes that might affect our ability to access the game. By making the announcement several months back about the impending region bans and when they might take effect they were fulfilling their obligation to inform us. Once the final details are set in stone then we can expect a follow up announcement. The issue isn't set in stone yet because the region-locked players are still able to log into the game right now, just not on the forums.

Speculation None of us know how often any CM is required to post or if there even IS a frequency quota to begin with. Frequent posts would run into my next point.

No, no it doesn't. If they really have nothing new to add on the matter and they announce as much then they're going to be met with, among other things, harsh skepticism and/or blind hate because this community has proven time and again that it needs something to be angry about.

Agreed, the only communication that we as customers are entitled too is notification of downtime or major changes to the service, not only have these been met, but exceeded, especially in regard to the region blocks.

Since word of the impending region blocks went out, Stormshade has commented that "Yes, these regions are blocked by PWE, but we are talking to them about the blocks." So far he has not denied that as things stand, people in the region blocked areas will lose access when the game switches over to full PWE login, but has maintained that they are attempting to solve this issue with PWE.

However unusual this may seem, this is a case of no news is neither good nor bad news, as the fact that we don't have a definitive yes or no means that they are either still discussing it or better still, working on a solution (I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar system to how it's setup now with Perfect World West and Perfect World East radio buttons and it linking into both of Perfect World's login systems implemented)

The problem is that if we have a continued response of "Talking it over with Perfect World" people would react negatively to that, especially after the third or fourth time it happened. Things like this do take time to talk over and implement, Perfect World are probably not used to providing a worldwide service like this over both the areas it covers and are discussing the best way to make it possible with Cryptic.
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    True, technically Cryptic doesn't need to say much at all, however, ignoring your customers as often as they have been ignored here is never a good idea. This will lead to lose of customers and bad word of mouth. That word of mouth whether justified or not will give a company a bad reputation.

Currently Cryptic's reputation isn't exactly good with the public, while it may not seem important, reading the comments from websites such as Massively will give an incite into just how well the company is viewed to the public.

That is what causes players/customers to become angry, that is what causes the event threads to be filled with rude comments, while it is unfortunate and unfair to those on the receiving end, they are put in the firing line as customer service reps. Just like anyone else who is working customer service, whether it is Wal-Mart or an online game the job is the same.

While things take time, simply telling us on a regular basis that they are still looking into an issue will generally be enough, and it will go a long way to ease the tensions here on the forums and in game. Even if what they tell us isn't exactly what we want, at least we know they are acknowledging our concerns and are actively looking into it.
  • redmattisredmattis Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Just posting to voice my support and say that Cryptic won't have a subscription from me or my two friends who also play this game until they have fixed this. We used to be four, but the fourth guy left for good due to previous bull*.

I would have commented earlier, but Perfect World's erratic password verification system went nuts and IP banned me permanently, forcing me to wait for customer support. I can't say that I'm particularly impressed
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    redmattis wrote: »
    Just posting to voice my support and say that Cryptic won't have a subscription from me or my two friends who also play this game until they have fixed this. We used to be four, but the fourth guy left for good due to previous bull*.

I would have commented earlier, but Perfect World's erratic password verification system went nuts and IP banned me permanently, forcing me to wait for customer support. I can't say that I'm particularly impressed

O__O IP banned for no reason ..mother of Zod at this rate we will ALL be blocked..well at least the force will find balance.
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Yes, they fulfilled an obligation to inform us of an impending region-ban. Woop de doo. We were also informed that it is not not a confirmed thing. The ones would might be affected were left hanging 6 months to in the dark to their own devices to speculate whether or not their future with the game was an absolute thing or not.

I don't care how you try to justify it. 6 months is a ridiculous standard in waiting for an update on a critical matter.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    jennymachx wrote: »
    Yes, they fulfilled an obligation to inform us of an impending region-ban. Woop de doo. We were also informed that it is not not a confirmed thing. The ones would might be affected were left hanging 6 months to in the dark to their own devices to speculate whether or not their future with the game was an absolute thing or not.

I don't care how you try to justify it. 6 months is a ridiculous standard in waiting for an update on a critical matter.

Constant replies of "No news yet, still discussing it" tends to lose customers faster than saying nothing at all until they have a definitive answer.
    edited July 2012
    bluedarky wrote: »
    Constant replies of "No news yet, still discussing it" tends to lose customers faster than saying nothing at all until they have a definitive answer.

Agreed, but I think that Jenny's concern wasn't that we were not getting a, "nothing new," every week but rather that the company is taking so very long to make whatever decision they are going to make.

I

edited July 2012
    ashensnow wrote: »
    Agreed, but I think that Jenny's concern wasn't that we were not getting a, "nothing new," every week but rather that the company is taking so very long to make whatever decision they are going to make.

I

Exactly right. Also regarding what bluedarky has said, I don't see how it's better to remain utterly silent for months on end compared to actually giving consistent notices saying "nothing new yet". At least with the latter they're making some effort in keeping us updated and letting us know that the issue is being addressed.
    edited July 2012

Does anyone have anything new to add to the discussion or are we going to keep cycling through the same points over and over again?

Really, this is going nowhere.
  • gaelyn1gaelyn1 Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Cryptic has been buyed by PWE, and PWE is a part of PWI, it seems.

The players of the (perhaps) banned countries, others than west countries, will perhaps play soon with the people of japan/russia/korea/china on an another server which can be open by perfect world international, no ?

Nobody have think to this possibility ?

If you take wow, a.ion or others mmos who are in west contries and in asia, the players aren't in the same servers. Why here, this will be doom ? I don't understand.
    And sincerely, when i read "IP banned for no reason, at this rate we will ALL be blocked" i find some reactions really ridiculous.
    If Perfect world and Cryptic wanted to shutdown the game, they was shutdown it a long time ago without create "on alert". And ban american or european players without reason could be equal to shutdown the game.
    Some would take some holidays. Some of doomsaying we can read here is, again, ridiculous, imho.
  • sekimensekimen Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Does anyone have anything new to add to the discussion or are we going to keep cycling through the same points over and over again?

This is exactly what should be going on. People should be loud and repeating the same thing over and over and over and over, regardless how long it takes. We aren't trying to tell Cryptic "Here are our arguments as to why this is stupid", we are trying to tell them "This is utterly stupid and unprofessional in every possible way".

So yea, if it takes 200 pages of similar posts, then people should post 200 pages of similar posts to voice their discontent. We aren't making a debate or asking for a new feature.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Why, yes, because don't you respond well when people tell you the same thing over and over as if you were stupid and/or deaf?
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited July 2012
    sekimen wrote: »
    This is exactly what should be going on. People should be loud and repeating the same thing over and over and over and over, regardless how long it takes. We aren't trying to tell Cryptic "Here are our arguments as to why this is stupid", we are trying to tell them "This is utterly stupid and unprofessional in every possible way".

So yea, if it takes 200 pages of similar posts, then people should post 200 pages of similar posts to voice their discontent. We aren't making a debate or asking for a new feature.

That doesn't mean we should be equally as stupid and unprofessional in the process. Conjuring up conspiracy theories and other such smear campaign foolishness isn't how you affect real change.

You're right, we're bickering in circles instead.
    edited July 2012
    That doesn't mean we should be equally as stupid and unprofessional in the process. Conjuring up conspiracy theories and other such smear campaign foolishness isn't how you affect real change.

You're right, we're bickering in circles instead.

We are not the professionals here. This is not our profession. We are the customers. We should not be abusive in making our desires known to the company, but, beyond that, customers can and should, express their desires and opinions, relative to the game, known however they see fit.

The conspiracy theories and smear comments seem to be pretty heavily in the minority. A small handful really. Most of what is going on is CO players posting support for other members of the playerbase.

Picking out the rare kook, whose position isnt shared by most of those speaking up, from a group, in order to use his behavior to paint the entire group, and their real position, in a negative light, is more of a smear tactic than what is going on against Cryptic.

• falchoinfalchoin Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well, waiting patiently for 6 months didn't solve anything. So now it's time to try something new before PWE accounts are required for logging into the actual game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012

No, because there isn't anything new to add and that is not really the purpose of this thread. The purpose of this thread is to bring awareness of this issue, as well as to show our support for those that may end up getting banned if this situation doesn't get resolved, and to let Cryptic know we haven't forgotten about this issue, and we won't let them forget either.

Every time someone posts in this thread they help bring this issue to light, and the purpose of the thread gets served. So in that light I thank you for your contributions to this thread, and for helping fulfill its purpose even if you don't seem to agree with us on this :wink:

So .. you think ThreeApesShade will in fact 1. read this, and 2. communicate this to Cryptic ? :eek:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • nightr0dnightr0d Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    beldin wrote: »
    So .. you think ThreeApesShade will in fact 1. read this, and 2. communicate this to Cryptic ? :eek:

I'm quite certain that Cryptic knows of this but probably can't do anything since it's PW's prerogative. The only thing they can do is avoid the topic and let it die out. Stormy won't make any statements on this since he most probably wants to keep his job lol. I remember Daeke (might have misspelled it since it's been soo long) who made a blunder and said stuff he should not. He was really liked by the community but still got the boot since it caused some outrage.

Point is, Stormy won't risk his job over this and it's not like he can do anything about it. The moment he gets green light to say something he will untill then......

I'm not defending anyone here (at least not intentionally) it's just that it's not Stormy's fult here and he can't do anything about it.
    edited July 2012
    beldin wrote: »

Not necessarily, but I'm counting at least on a thread asking about the Region Banned players right on the title being constantly up on the first page of the discussions forum to be a constant thorn on their side they can't easly ignore. Since it means anyone even visiting the forums casually out of curiosity may become aware of the issue.

But calling people names, especially people with no more power in this situation than any of us, isn't going to help anything. It might, on the other tentacle, leave some less inclined to help, since they might start to see us as a bunch of ungrateful whiners who'll shout abuse at them no matter what they do...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

edited July 2012
    jonsills wrote: »
    Yes, by all means, let's keep this topic on the front page until we get some answers.

But calling people names, especially people with no more power in this situation than any of us, isn't going to help anything. It might, on the other tentacle, leave some less inclined to help, since they might start to see us as a bunch of ungrateful whiners who'll shout abuse at them no matter what they do...

Seriously we do need some answers like now. Its now beyond a joke that PWE are putting up news about sales and flag powers but not talking about the most serious issue Champions online has ever faced. UnF$%kingbeleavable \o/
    edited July 2012
    nepht wrote: »
    Seriously we do need some answers like now. Its now beyond a joke that PWE are putting up news about sales and flag powers but not talking about the most serious issue Champions online has ever faced. UnF$%kingbeleavable \o/

How so? How is this the most serious issue CO has ever faced?:confused: (I think this is a bit too dramatic a statement)

Oh and pipe dream Nepht, pipe dream. You won't get an answer to this. I also understand that since you have a cousin (if I remember correctly) that is in China this affects you personally but that won't change things. I doubt PW will change their policies for a couple players. I know it sux and that it's no just or right yet that won't make PW do anything about it. People could try to sue them but yeah that route would be complicated.
    edited July 2012
    nightr0d wrote: »
    How so? How is this the most serious issue CO has ever faced?:confused: (I think this is a bit too dramatic a statement)

I would have thought that the possibility that for the first time to my knowledge some players might actually be cheated out of their LTS and potentially hundreds of dollars invested in the game might already answer that question, or at least hint why some people might see it that way. I don't even have friends I regularly play with or family in those regions and I consider it the most serious issue as well. Potentially cheating people out of hundreds of dollars in some cases sounds pretty serious to me.
    I would have thought that the possibility that for the first time to my knowledge some players might actually be cheated out of their LTS and potentially hundreds of dollars invested in the game might already answer that question, or at least hint why some people might see it that way. I don't even have friends I regularly play with or family in those regions and I consider it the most serious issue as well. Potentially cheating people out of hundreds of dollars in some cases sounds pretty serious to me.

Well you see "the most serious issue CO has ever faced" and "the most serious issue CO players/customers have ever faced" are quite different. I doubt that this is as much of an issue for CO/PW as it is for the players affected. That is why I was confused since IMO and based on the lack of response/care/consideration whatnot, I don't think that this issue matters to CO/PW/Cryptic that much if at all.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well, Nightrod, if CO's new masters manage to chase off enough of the players, CO will be forced to fold. PWE didn't buy Cryptic out of the goodness of their hearts, after all - it wasn't a charity move, it was a business move, and if the company proves unprofitable, PWE will dump them in a simulated heartbeat. Sounds kind of crisis-like to me.

The key is to convince PWE, and their own masters, PW, that they'll make more money if they look the other way and let the Cryptic licenses in the Eastern regions keep going. If this can be managed, crisis averted - we'll keep all those Eastern players, we'll keep the Western players who were going to quit in sympathy, and it becomes a big PR move for Cryptic, potentially attracting new customers (since it would show clearly that they are listening, and doing their best to help us all out). Win-win-win, really.

edited July 2012
    jonsills wrote: »
    Well, Nightrod, if CO's new masters manage to chase off enough of the players, CO will be forced to fold. PWE didn't buy Cryptic out of the goodness of their hearts, after all - it wasn't a charity move, it was a business move, and if the company proves unprofitable, PWE will dump them in a simulated heartbeat. Sounds kind of crisis-like to me.

The key is to convince PWE, and their own masters, PW, that they'll make more money if they look the other way and let the Cryptic licenses in the Eastern regions keep going. If this can be managed, crisis averted - we'll keep all those Eastern players, we'll keep the Western players who were going to quit in sympathy, and it becomes a big PR move for Cryptic, potentially attracting new customers (since it would show clearly that they are listening, and doing their best to help us all out). Win-win-win, really.

It's not like I'm against any of this, I just don't see PW do it. I'm also not sure how you intend to convince them since a thread about the issue is not enough IMO. Not sure what else you could do so......As I said, my suspicion is that PW is content with the situation and just sits it out untill the topic dies. Those affected could potentially contact PW and ask for a refund or something (I got something since I bought an LTS and the game early on which made me have an LTS+30days which is not possilbe but yeah it's all due to Cryptic billing my LTS at the start of those 30 days and not afther :rolleyes:). They should be able to get something back if they insist enough (like I did) :biggrin:
    edited July 2012
    I'm quite certain that Cryptic knows of this but probably can't do anything since it's PW's prerogative. The only thing they can do is avoid the topic and let it die out. Stormy won't make any statements on this since he most probably wants to keep his job lol. I remember Daeke (might have misspelled it since it's been soo long) who made a blunder and said stuff he should not. He was really liked by the community but still got the boot since it caused some outrage.

Point is, Stormy won't risk his job over this and it's not like he can do anything about it. The moment he gets green light to say something he will untill then......

I'm not defending anyone here (at least not intentionally) it's just that it's not Stormy's fult here and he can't do anything about it.

Well said.

And as to the biggest problem CO ever faced thing (this part not directed at you Nightrod)...

For some perhaps.

But I would think that the poor launch, terrible player retention, getting put on something just above life support (barely), staff reduction, put on the back burner in favor of other games with more recognizable IPs, etc, etc, etc could be considered (fromt he perspective of the game as a whole) to bigger problems.

Of course if the region blocked areas happen to represent a particularly large percentage of CO's player base, that would change things.

• haleakalahaleakala Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well you see "the most serious issue CO has ever faced" and "the most serious issue CO players/customers have ever faced" are quite different. I doubt that this is as much of an issue for CO/PW as it is for the players affected. That is why I was confused since IMO and based on the lack of response/care/consideration whatnot, I don't think that this issue matters to CO/PW/Cryptic that much if at all.

However, the silence does send a message (and by that I mean the silence of upper management). It says, "The only consideration we have for our customers is how much are they paying us. Soon-to-be region-banned lifetimers? We already have their money."

I been a long time leaving but I'm going to be a long time gone.

Willie Nelson

T.U.F.K.A.S. (the user formerly known as Scarlyng)
    Wrong on the CO forums since November, 2008
    edited July 2012

Oh and pipe dream Nepht, pipe dream. You won't get an answer to this. I also understand that since you have a cousin (if I remember correctly) that is in China this affects you personally but that won't change things. I doubt PW will change their policies for a couple players. I know it sux and that it's no just or right yet that won't make PW do anything about it. People could try to sue them but yeah that route would be complicated.

It more than a couple of players ...Russia and China are (here comes the science part) very large places were a lot of people live.

I have like at least (I will count the number and get back to you* :/ ) 12 Russians in my SG I didnt even know these people were Russian till they exploded with rage about the upcoming game bannage. Just going on that number there possibly hundreds of Russian and Chinese players. To be honest you do see in zone other Russians looking for Russians to play with now and then.

You know what really does sux these players now cant air their complaints about it due to the fact they banned from the forums.

And to be honest an issue that stops a chunk of the games population. May I add that the population of this game is rather small..well you get the point.

EDIT* 11 players in my SG are Russian it seems.
    edited July 2012
    The only thing that staying silent on this issue, for as long as CO has been silent, serves is to further worsen the companies reputation. The game can be awesome, but if the companies reputation is so bad people will likely choose to overlook or completely ignore games from that company.

Sure we don't need a weekly update, but a 6 month wait is too much. Customer service, as mentioned before, is the most important aspect to a businesses success. With out it you will fail to retain customers, and with out customers a business can not make money. Sure for a game like CO, you will always have the loyal and faithful, but as we have found out in the past, that really isn't enough, not if we want a better content release schedule and to see CO get the attention it deserves.
    edited July 2012
    It more than a couple of players ...Russia and China are (here comes the science part) very large places were a lot of people live.

I have like at least (I will count the number and get back to you :/ ) 12 Russians in my SG I didnt even know these people were Russian till they exploded with rage about the upcoming game bannage. Just going on that number there possibly hundreds of Russian and Chinese players. To be honest you do see in zone other Russians looking for Russians to play with now and then.

You know what really does sux these players now cant air their complaints about it due to the fact they banned from the forums.

And to be honest an issue that stops a chunk of the games population. May I add that the population of this game is rather small..well you get the point.

Thing is Nepth that PW does not care about those regions. I think that the reason they don't make the changes is that it would be too expensive and they don't see it being worth it. I know I told my boss that some software was not finished IMO and that it should have never went live since it poses security and data integrity risks. You know what the told me? He said: I know and am aware that the software is not perfect yet at the end of the day if it works a bit I can live with it. That's what PW is probably thinking as well. They might loose Russia and China but at the end of the day the just live with it.

I know I would be furious as well if I was in those countries but the only thing I can tell those people is to send thickets and insist. Read the customer law stuff, make a case and confront them. They threw down my arguments as well once and told me to read their customer agreement or whatnot. Well I did that and lol in the end I won (well I've been told I can be quite difficult/persuasive in RL :rolleyes:) but in all seriousness they have to fight as well. I don't know what those players are doing or if they even care about CO anymore but if there are some that do then they should send PW tickets until their problem is solved.

As I said, this probably won't do much since PW can live with it (obviously) so I don't know. I feel like this thread is fighting windmills (guess the obvious reference :tongue:)

I've been in CO since about 1k+ days. I've seen a lot of drama and outrage and people being fired and nerfs/exploits and whatnot. I've seen what happens and what happened to CO and you know the sad part is in the end people still move on. I still feel bad for Daeke loosing his job. That's quite serious IMO. Who knows how fast he got a job or what problems he had/has. Anyways, the point is people live and move on. That's what PW is waiting for and IT WILL HAPPEN unfortunately. Eventually people will get tired and just give up and forget about those people that were banned.

Its like you have a fried you helped a lot and were there for them and whatnot only to find out one day that the just don't like you for some reason anymore, so it's done and null and void just like that. (analogy) The same thing with CO, ppl placed money and time and effort and made friends and now BAM gone just cuz.
    edited July 2012
    ....As I said, this probably won't do much since PW can live with it (obviously) so I don't know. I feel like this thread is fighting windmills (guess the obvious reference )....

Its like you have a fried you helped a lot and were there for them and whatnot only to find out one day that the just don't like you for some reason anymore, so it's done and null and void just like that. (analogy) The same thing with CO, ppl placed money and time and effort and made friends and now BAM gone just cuz.

Thats wut Ima saying these people have helped keep Champions afloat and like you say BAM Cryptic dont like em anymore cause thar new pals PW says they smell. Totally grim that.

Yeah probably is shouting at windmills but Ima gonna make sure I annoy the f@%k outta said windmills for like FOREVER. Cause these windmills aint nice :/
    edited July 2012
    Thats wut Ima saying these people have helped keep Champions afloat and like you say BAM Cryptic dont like em anymore cause thar new pals PW says they smell. Totally grim that.

Yeah probably is shouting at windmills but Ima gonna make sure I annoy the f@%k outta said windmills for like FOREVER. Cause these windmills aint nice :/

Those are some pretty HUGE windmills you are fighting. But in the end, sadly, I fear it's a lost cause. I know you want do so SOMETHING and I understand that. I'm not saying you should not yet at some point you will just consume yourself for nothing.

Another fun analogy:

You know how your friend forgets you but you never forget them?

Same here, CO will forget the banned players but those players will never forget CO. (and not in a good way :rolleyes:)
    edited July 2012
    Those are some pretty HUGE windmills you are fighting. But in the end, sadly, I fear it's a lost cause. I know you want do so SOMETHING and I understand that. I'm not saying you should not yet at some point you will just consume yourself for nothing.

Another fun analogy:

Same here, CO will forget the banned players but those players will never forget CO. (and not in a good way :rolleyes:)

No one can fault Nepht for making a stand for her friends from those affected regions.

I doubt that she, nor anyone else taking up the stance, need to be consistently lectured on how "it's a lost cause". Let them decide for themselves if you don't mind. Thanks.
    edited July 2012
    While it is true over time people may move on, this sort of thing doesn't go away. People are far more likely to remember the bad then the good. While there have been some questionable decisions made in the past few have affected people finacially, and that is something that can have a lasting impact. As Jonsills pointed out Perfect World didn't pick up Cryptic to be nice. If the games produced by Cryptic stop being profitable due to lose of a customer base who knows what will happen.

They did it to make money, and let us not forget the events that lead Cryptic to where it is today. Cryptic didn't make the decision to go f2p because they wanted to, had the subscription model been profitable they wouldn't have changed, and it is likely that Atari wouldn't have sold them to PW.

Something like this could and likely will have an impact Neverwinter.
    edited July 2012
    No one can fault Nepht for making a stand for her friends from those affected regions.

I doubt that she, nor anyone else taking up the stance, need to be consistently lectured on how "it's a lost cause". Let them decide for themselves if you don't mind. Thanks.

So what you are saying is that I should not tell others what to do while at the same time you just told me what to do -_-. You do notice the double standard here don't you?

OH and I'm not telling her(?) what to do. I'm just stating my oppinion, if you have a problem with that then it's unfortunate but that's just how it is.
    edited July 2012
    So what you are saying is that I should not tell others what to do while at the same time you just told me what to do -_-. You do notice the double standard here don't you?

OH and I'm not telling her what to do. I'm just stating my oppinion, if you have a problem with that then it's unfortunate but that's just how it is.

I will NEVER stop complaining about this no matter what other opinions people have about this. Not because I dont see your point I disagree with you but I see were your coming from. NO I continue for the below reasons. WALL OF TEXT TIME \o/

Firstly the soon to be banned players are already forum banned some are lifetimers yet they cannot access the forums but some nub that will never pay a dime can . There was a time when only gold members could access the forums. Unrestricted forum access was part of the deal sold to them and now they cant complain . So now others who think this is unfair will complain for them.

I have mentioned before I do have some shares in PWE . I dont have a lot so the next fact doesnt affect me to badly but it still pisses me off , last year they were worth around $20 a share now the are worth $10 a share.

I put this massive drop down to the ****ty way PWE treats its customers across all their games. If this continues there will be no PWE let alone Champions Online. So you see why this is the most serious issue Champions Online has ever faced.

So not only are PWE are being crappy to my friends they are also losing me money.

And you want me to be calm about this, your the one shouting at windmills, my rants will continue thats just how it is :D
    edited July 2012

Another fun analogy:

And you want me to be calm about this, your the one shouting at windmills, my rants will continue thats just how it is :D

Nepht, I think there was a misunderstanding. I never said you should calm down nor did I tell you what to do (see qute above). I only stated my oppinon reagarding what you are doing. I'm not sure how you got the impression that I told you do so something:confused:......I blame it on Jenny:rolleyes::tongue:
  • pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ...Nephting...

I stand by your side!!

But with less vigor and vitality because I am lazy and worn!!