What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What About the Region Banned Players?

Comments

• Options
    beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    He's already assigned to other projects. He's the CM for Jade Dynasty, we're the side project.

Question is .. will he also only have 0.01% of his time for us, like Stormshade, or maybe
    at least a little more :redface:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    angelofcaineangelofcaine Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    beldin wrote: »
    Question is .. will he also only have 0.01% of his time for us, like Stormshade, or maybe at least a little more :redface:
    TT's already spent more time on the forums in his first week than StormShade spent in an entire month :redface:

The only thing i don't want to be is treated like JD (Jade Dynasty), because we're not.
    TT needs to learn how we (the CO forums) operate and give us a chance, instead of treating us like a side job :frown:

DISCLAIMER: The preceeding was an opinon on what i'd like to see happen, not a statement of fact on what has happened :wink:
    __________________________________________________O.P.T.I.O.N.S.
    | ME | A "Guide" Book" | | I, have a "DREAM! | ( Member since Feb 2008 ) ... ?
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/AngelOfCaine/STILLS/Misc/CO-Sig_01e.png[/SIGPIC]
    Were there any specific reason for that personal attack other than that your opinion differs from mine?
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    TT's already spent more time on the forums in his first week than StormShade spent in an entire month :redface:

SS was at least a little more active at the beginning of this year, but after a while it all
    went down to the state we had the past months.

I just hope we will not get the same with TT now :redface:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited July 2012

I believe the reason SS didn't spend much time here is because If memory serves he was also pressured to help with NWO.TT has more time to spend here because hes not entirely divided to more than one game as much as SS.He does work on JD aswell as CO,but he hasn't been pulled to one or the other like SS with NWO.
    The only thing i don't want to be is treated like JD (Jade Dynasty), because we're not.
    TT needs to learn how we (the CO forums) operate and give us a chance, instead of treating us like a side job :frown:

Don't get me wrong here but I do want to be treated like the CO forums and not the JD,STO,PWI forums.Now I do know that there has been copied and pasted post by CMs before from another game,but thats only because of the shortstaffing I think
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Wonder if TT is allowed to tell us if he's allowed to tells us whats going on with the region bans??
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Many of us are still wanting some answers :/
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • Options
    cryptickalidorcryptickalidor Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Free Daeke!!!!
  • Options
    battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The region ban has STILL not been fixed? Seriously? Are they just throwing money in the fire? Is PW run by the KLF?
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    The region ban has STILL not been fixed? Seriously? Are they just throwing money in the fire? Is PW run by the KLF?

Nah PWE is run by the Muppets.
  • Options
    visionstorm01visionstorm01 Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited August 2012

The region ban issue has not even gotten an answer. That's how much PW cares about making money from this game... :rolleyes:

I only hope if enough people flood the Ask Cryptic with the question that we'll finally get something resembling answer. I'm just not getting my hopes up too high...
    P***ing away your international market is definitely a brain-dead stupid thing to do when running a business especially when it has already previously serviced an international market to begin with. And let's face it, there's no way in hell that PWE is setting up any localized versions of CO in specific regions, at all.
    nepht wrote:
    Wonder if TT is allowed to tell us if he's allowed to tells us whats going on with the region bans??

TT will tell us whatever his bosses allow him to tell us. At least this time he's not giving empty promises, followed by disappearing for six months. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Wow a whole 7 months since SS promised us info will be coming soon :/
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    7 months with out any news on this, but hey look they put the Freeform gamble bags back up for a week you can still send them your money and try your luck with that.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    The ask cryptic is out, with the claim that they have gone through our most pressing questions and amidst the usual maybes, not at these times, and we want tos. Yet still no answer for this.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    draogn wrote: »
    The ask cryptic is out, with the claim that they have gone through our most pressing questions and amidst the usual maybes, not at these times, and we want tos. Yet still no answer for this.

Evidently, this wasn't one of our most pressing questions... :rolleyes:

And no talk about the chat-ban issue either. Just lots of talk about a lot of cool stuff that could possibly, maaaybe happen... just not in the immediate future, or with any sort of certainty.
    Seriously disgusted with Cryptic and the blatant lie about answering our most pressing issues.

They didnt answer THE MOST PRESSING ISSUE. They didnt really answer anything.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Maybe we'll get the answer to this (and the chat ban) by December with the next Until report. They could put a little bow on it and say it is an early gift, or perhaps they'll add it in with one of those gamble bags, like I suspect they'll try with the discount coupons mentioned in the current Until report.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    draogn wrote: »
    Maybe we'll get the answer to this (and the chat ban) by December with the next Until report. They could put a little bow on it and say it is an early gift, or perhaps they'll add it in with one of those gamble bags, like I suspect they'll try with the discount coupons mentioned in the current Until report.

Dont give them ideas man @__@"

Coming soon Region Ban grab bags 1% chance of salvage 99% chance of getting your Nation banned from Champions Online.

Only 1000 zen \o/
  • Options
    cyberruckcyberruck Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This is terrible,cyptic needs to change this now!
  • Options
    gornintheusagornintheusa Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well i know a Friend who got Banned from DC Universe because of what a troll says he told the Gms but they wont Liston same with the GMS on Star Trek online they Never Banned Starfleet Dental and they're the ones who imprison 2 GMS in their Death Bridge im just glad they're not in Champions online but yet i dont like the GMS never do
  • Options
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well i know a Friend who got Banned from DC Universe because of what a troll says he told the Gms but they wont Liston same with the GMS on Star Trek online they Never Banned Starfleet Dental and they're the ones who imprison 2 GMS in their Death Bridge im just glad they're not in Champions online but yet i dont like the GMS never do

Can someone translate this please?
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    edited August 2012

Mother of Zod ...wut dimension do you come from.....Starfleet do dental is all I could make out , explains why Kirk is always grinning I guess.

This strange person I like.
  • Options
    agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Periods. Not just for women.

(seriously dude, use some punctuation! Spelling too)
    nepht wrote: »
    Mother of Zod ...wut dimension do you come from.....Starfleet do dental is all I could make out , explains why Kirk is always grinning I guess.

ROFL!!! lol thanks Nepht, that was hilarious imagery
  • Options
    gornintheusagornintheusa Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Sorry i been Playing Star Trek Mostly. ill talk about Champions online
  • Options
    canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Starfleet dental? I guess they need it, given Kirk's propensity for fist fights. :)

And here's continuing to hope for as quick and as positive a resolution for the RBPs as possible.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Still I think what he was meaning is that those players are going to lose access to Trek as well :/

Fleets are going to lose some great players.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Still I think what he was meaning is that those players are going to lose access to Trek as well :/

Yup, and they're gonna miss on the chance of those players hopping onto NWO as well--or of people that aren't from those banned regions not trying NWO out of distaste for the company's practices.

I think those players are already lost.

Region-lock is already implemented for STO. There's a forum thread started by some poor sod who was wondering they they couldn't log in one day, only to discover that he/she is from a banned region.
  • Options
    lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    jennymachx wrote: »

Region-lock is already implemented for STO. There's a forum thread started by some poor sod who was wondering they they couldn't log in one day, only to discover that he/she is from a banned region.

I was afraid it would eventually reach one of the games,maybe CO will have quite some time before it comes,or hopefully,the region ban never comes,that takes away the one thing that makes MMORPGs fun,playing with people from all over,this takes that fun away,not to mention the taking away of the entire game for some,which is really unfair to them,why did they even think about a region lock in the first place?
  • Options
    edited August 2012

Wow just wow..what a shower of prats for banning customers that have supported the game over the years.

And it seems they did it by stealth...prats and cowards.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    And it seems they did it by stealth...prats and cowards.

Guess we now know the full reason why they never addressed that at the Ask Cryptic :mad:

(aside from the obvious reasons I mean)
    If this is true it is DISGUSTING and horrendous customer services.

This way of treating customers is one of the reasons I'm going silver and won't be returning to gold until Cryptic start treating customers better and actually starting to develop this game again and stop jumping from one idea to the next without finishing the last. :frown:
    edited August 2012

Ok what makes me wonder here is .. how could he start a forum thread, since these persons
    are locked of the forums already for months :confused:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Ok what makes me wonder here is .. how could he start a forum thread, since these persons

I think they started a thread on STEAM and had a buddy link to it on STO http://forums.steamgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2790262

Simple really.
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Thread here:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=247970
  • Options
    edited August 2012

OMG they are actually doing it they are region banning Vets with gold and LTS accounts.
  • Options
    edited August 2012

Ok that is a real old thread. I though that somebody now could even not login with a
    Cryptic accound anymore.
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I think they started a thread on STEAM and had a buddy link to it on STO http://forums.steamgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2790262

Simple really.

People are actually cheering on PWE over there for the region ban.

My faith in humanity just sunk another notch.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    People are actually cheering on PWE over there for the region ban.

My faith in humanity just sunk another notch.

Yeah I raged so hard when I seen some of the posts.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Another month passes and still not even a hint as to what is to come.
  • Options
    forutnefireforutnefire Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm bumping this because this issue is too darn important to be left on the back burner.
    ~ Flare@Lectrohm (In-Game)

voos2b.jpg
    Flare's guide to hosting and judging costume contests!
    (link under construction)
  • Options
    thalast1thalast1 Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I especially bet those CoX fans testing the CO waters would be interested to know about this if they are from the "bad" areas of the world.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Its unfortunate now that we finally get a new influx of players that some of them might be turned away because of the region they live in.
    Perhaps the answers will be some kind of gift from Clarence this year, though at the rate we have been going we probably won't get any kind answer until next year.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    SS shouldnt have said info was coming if info wasnt coming :/
  • Options
    bamfimgonebamfimgone Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    still no word? jeez! for something very important to many people you'd think some sort of info would be forthcoming.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    bamfimgone wrote: »
    still no word? jeez! for something very important to many people you'd think some sort of info would be forthcoming.

TT said a few weeks ago vet players can from those areas can still play.

This turned out to be a truth after MUCH HASSLE and doing of things my friends from Russia are still playing they just cant access the forums or buy zen .

Seriously these people have paid for LTS and like I said before full forum access was part of the original deal now they can never post here put hackers can post WATCH SOME **** SPORT HERE , its BS thats what it is :/

But at least old players from those areas got grandfathered in. But no knew players from those areas it seems :(
  • Options
    wimpazoidwimpazoid Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    ...they just cant access the forums or buy zen .

Play through Steam and use Steam wallet to buy ZEN.

I think the biggest issue is despite being customers, they have no access to support.
    In-game ticket submission is a huge fail compared to ticket submission on PWE website.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    TT said a few weeks ago vet players can from those areas can still play.

This turned out to be a truth after MUCH HASSLE and doing of things my friends from Russia are still playing they just cant access the forums or buy zen .

Seriously these people have paid for LTS and like I said before full forum access was part of the original deal now they can never post here put hackers can post WATCH SOME **** SPORT HERE , its BS thats what it is :/

But at least old players from those areas got grandfathered in. But no knew players from those areas it seems :(

And so far, no announcements were made regarding the decision made to allow players who signed up before the merger to continue playing.

Shows you how much of an after-thought these players are to PWE and just how much value they have.
  • Options
    stardiverstardiver Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I don't get this. Why is "region banning" even a thing any more? It's not enough I had to put up with this **** from Games for Windows - Live telling me my "country is not supported at this time," but why ban whole regions? What did Russia ever do to Perfect World?
    |

Of all the things I've lost,
    It think I miss my mind the most.