Options

PTS Update FC_26_20120309_1641

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Pantagruel wrote:
    Given that they hit at level 10 and you get 31, it's probably one per level and an extra one at some level.
    Wait, one per level starting at level 10 amounts to 31, doesn't it? Or am I just too tired for math?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Wait, one per level starting at level 10 amounts to 31, doesn't it? Or am I just too tired for math?

Yea it's 31.
  • Options
    edited March 2012

This would imply waiting until lvl 40 for your mastery tree.. not sure I like that.. I was hoping for 10 points in tier 1, 10 points in tier 2, 10 points in tier 3, and at lvl 31or so you gain Mastery.

If not the disperancy between lvl 31 toons and lvl 40 toons is ENTIRELY vast. Most characters' concept and playstyle is defined by level 31 for the most part. I think this is when Mastery should be learned.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Can someone explain the superstat to Passive math?

Where before it was total of superstats / 2 superstats.. Assuming I were to use all my gear toward INT and not other stat to get 400 INT, 50 PRE and 50 EGO as my toyal superstats in the math below..

INT/ 2 + (EGO / 2 + PRE / 2) = 225 passive

Same gear and talents but PRE superstatted would be 90 PRE, 360 INT and 50 Ego

PRE / 2 + (INT / 2 + EGO / 2) = 250 passive

Is this correct? i am having a real problem understanding things scaling with superstats mathwise.. are secondary stats divided by 4?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Jaybezz wrote:
    Can someone explain the superstat to Passive math?

Where before it was total of superstats / 2 superstats.. Assuming I were to use all my gear toward INT and not other stat to get 400 INT, 50 PRE and 50 EGO as my toyal superstats in the math below..

INT/ 2 + (EGO / 2 + PRE / 2) = 225 passive

Same gear and talents but PRE superstatted would be 90 PRE, 360 INT and 50 Ego

PRE / 2 + (INT / 2 + EGO / 2) = 250 passive

Is this correct? i am having a real problem understanding things scaling with superstats mathwise.. are secondary stats divided by 4?

Uh no. Primary super stat uses the same scaling they do on live now. Secondaries are half that. Thus 40 from leveling each. You get 80 from your primary and 40 each for your two secondaries at level 40. In short, provided you are actually being as balanced as you can be with your secondaries, you will basically be making both of them combined to equal one primary as far as effectiveness on the perks of super stats give. However, the long and short of it, you will get more for less over all for your character with the set up.

So in general, where you have your primary at 250, for instance, your two secondaries at 125 each will still give you similar damage and passive benefits as the current two super stat model does on live. What differs is that it won't be as potent in the secondaries but you will actually receive more benefits over all.

In addition to that, of course, will be the secondary stats to make up for what will be a loss in other general stats people take.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Nah, you're right. I was just mindlessly subtracting 10 from 40.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Silverspar wrote:
    So in general, where you have your primary at 250, for instance, your two secondaries at 125 each will still give you similar damage and passive benefits as the current two super stat model does on live..

This is the math same i provided in my model: a lvl 40 toon gets +80 points (+40 / +40 secondary ss points). That's what changed the PRE from 50 to 90 when changed it to the superstat.. and thus decreased the int from 400 to 360 as a secondary. The math model still looks like it preferred the high secondary superstat unless i'm mistaken in how the secondary superstats' math works.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Jaybezz wrote:
    This is the math i provided in my model.. a lvl 40 toon gets +80 points (+40 / +40 secondary ss points). That's what changed the PRE from 50-90 when made superstat.. and thus decreased the int from 400 to 360. The math model still looks like it preferred the high secondary superstat unless i'm mistaken in how the secondary superstats' math works.

Well if you some how pumped up a secondary to that high, then yea, the secondary will still provide a huge benefit and be favored, but not as strongly as the primary would. All the base effects of the stats in general, such as their raw stat providing, will remain as is, so if you had the kink to actually just boosting one stat to hilarious levels that isn't primary, more power to you.

However it's set up so you don't have to spread yourself so thin over several stats, and in fact, don't need to dip into stats outside of your super stats where items make up the loss of intelligence, (for cooldown reduction and energy cost reduction for instance) and offensive capability, plus the fact we can mod in more of these factors into the gear we are going to get.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Silverspar wrote:
    Uh no. Primary super stat uses the same scaling they do on live now. Secondaries are half that. ...
    I thought this at first too until it was brought to my attention that primary and secondary SS's had the same weight when scaling SS based powers like passives and IDF. I tested by removing 53 points from my primary SS and adding that same amount to one of my secondaries. In both cases my passive showed the same number. This also accounts for my passive being better on PTS than live with no gear change.

It's almost as if Cryptic took the sum of the 3 SS's and divided by two.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    It actually makes some sense that secondaries have the same weight; your total stat points from gear aren't going to change all that much whether it's split between two stats or three. You'll get a few more stat points from talents and the like, and if it's like live split stat items are slightly more efficient than single stat items, so it's a small upgrade, but that's all it is.

Unless, of course, *cough* AoPM.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Falchoin wrote:
    It's almost as if Cryptic took the sum of the 3 SS's and divided by two.

Right, I got the exact same vibe. It's basically primary + (secondary + secondary) / 2, in other words, you can have no points whatsoever in one of the secondaries aside from talents, leaving it at 50-60 or so, and have the other secondary and your primary at 300ish just like on live and it will be the same for passive scaling.

That's exactly what my current retardedly overpowered pesti/epidemic crit build on pts is using to its advantage. Just ignoring the fact that i even have int as a secondary stat and dumping all my gear points into ego/dex just like i have on live, since it's exactly the same gear. Except now of course, i have all kinds of power cost discount from ego, and a lil bit from the int.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    This change is going to make me want CON as superstat for every tank and differring secondaries, Dex for every offense with differring secondaries, and PRE for every heal build with differing secondaries.. putting your desired stat/gear points in secondaries gives you a higher end bonus if this is the true case (because 50/50 gear gives higher numbers) and the math adding them up is better for secondaries than for primaries.. again.. IF my math was not mistaken for how "Scales with Superstats" works

Its not a bad thing except when you look at REC and END.

Int has alternate uses for it because of cooldown, and STR because knocks are (were?) important to people. but there is no mechanic tied to Rec or End that make them attractive superstat options.. their spec tries need to be "OP".
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Will the Spec Trees be put into a separate respec list from the powers and talents? I don't think very many people can handle having to work around the 30 Spec ranks to get to their powers every time. If this is going to be messy now as it will be when it goes live, I'd certainly like to know now so I don't give my hopes up.

If you are indeed working on that to be up on the PTS in the final week before this all goes live, than I would be most pleased. Especially if these spec trees are as accessible as how WoW or even League of Legends handles their trees. I just don't think its a good idea to double the number of abilities that goes into a single respec list, especially since these Specializations aren't as prominent as the rest of a build.