test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fallout 76 aka The facts why Fallout 76 is bad. Or why Bethesda is.

Comments

• i still wanna know what happened with the vault filled with 99 women and 1 panther​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,314 Arc User
    You mean Vault 43? That was twenty women, ten men, and one panther.

But at least we know what happened to Vault 77, with one man and a crate of puppets:
    https://bethesda.net/en/article/5kmyQ0ufHGeCcW6McWyc2G/welcome-to-fallout%27s-legendary-vault-77

(That's canon, too - you can find a Vault 77 suit, along with a cautionary note, in one of the shops at Paradise Falls.)

"Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • yeah, that one - what was up with the panther? was it supposed to be there for hunting purposes or did VT posit that, due to the lack of men compared to women, some of the women might've tried laying with the panther?​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    ...due to the lack of men compared to women, some of the women might've tried laying with the panther?

s0Cihxi.png​​
    edited November 2018
    Thirty people in a standard 200-person vault, along with a man-eating cat? I suppose they could be trying to create a new society of extreme hunters, capable of hiding from vicious predators - a Ninja Vault, if you will. (Let's face it, that's really no crazier than Vault 95, occupied by chem addicts on a treatment plan, with a roomful of chems set to open up after five years...)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    yeah, that one - what was up with the panther? was it supposed to be there for hunting purposes or did VT posit that, due to the lack of men compared to women, some of the women might've tried laying with the panther?​​

Why only the women?...
    :#
    Since we took that route....
    :#:#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    yeah, that one - what was up with the panther? was it supposed to be there for hunting purposes or did VT posit that, due to the lack of men compared to women, some of the women might've tried laying with the panther?​​

Why only the women?...
    :#
    Since we took that route....
    :#:#

Lesbian panther?
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    If anything I bet that vault was best prepared for the wasteland... well unless it wasn't an immortal panther, in which case it probably died long before any of those people tried to leave the vault. You know they really should have had a family of panthers in the vault so they could reproduce and present an ongoing threat. Then decades later when they leave the vault they will be somewhat prepared for things like mole rats.​​
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    I bet if you cracked open that vault all you would find is 30 skeletons and one giant radioactive mutant super panther. The plan was obviously to eventually unleash pantherzilla upon an unsuspecting wasteland.

I dunno how many VATS punches to the face would it take to subdue a panther?​​
    Hopefully less than 30 because VATs doesn't slow down time anymore! (I still use it as much as possible because I'm really bad at aiming with an xbox controller and I've never learned to play any of the fallout games on a mouse and keyboard. Shouty man in the video also said VATs in the new game was bad. It isn't.)

Fallout 2 was the only game I ever warezed that both worked and didn't give my computer a virus.

edited December 2018
    You know I notice that in all these Fallout76 reviews I see them showing the same bugs/glitches over and over... in some cases it's the exact same footage of a person walking up to four Scorched laying on the ground and then T-posing. Really undercuts the idea that the game is as buggy as they want to yell it is u3u

Also someone freaking out about godrays coming through a hill for like 10 minutes seems... petty​​
    toddrays*

• baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User
    This might be important

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnHbrb6U1GM

"BUT MUH NOT GONNA WATCH A BIDEO"
    k
    Mm...security issues... feel like that was mentioned at some point u3u​​
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Mm...security issues... feel like that was mentioned at some point u3u​​

"Just ignore that Bethesda has accidentally doxxed all of their Power Armor Edition customers."
    Yes, this includes address, credit card, etc.
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    My one and only statement on Fallout 76:

Kgy.gif
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
    Mm...security issues... feel like that was mentioned at some point u3u

"Just ignore that Bethesda has accidentally doxxed all of their Power Armor Edition customers."
    Yes, this includes address, credit card, etc.

At the start of this thread I got called a hater for saying that there might be security issues with the game. And now here we are u3u​​
    Yep this latest bit of awful news is actually truly awful. I may have been rolling my eyes a bit about the complaints about the game itself but accidently releasing player's personal information to the public is just an absolutely colossal screw up.

I dunno I've heard terrible things about that game. Like not just "world is empty, gaem is boring" stuff, but like serious security issues. It's starting to look like they set it up in the same way GunZ 2 was setup, i.e. hackers paradise.​​

Script kiddies with Cheat Engine or FPS exploits wasn't the issue here, it was Bethesda's own incompetence with doxing their own customers.
    edited December 2018
    Script kiddies with Cheat Engine or FPS exploits wasn't the issue here,

It wasn't the issue in GunZ either. I don't think you actually have any idea what I was talking about in that post. I called this, deal with it.​​
    edited December 2018
    Script kiddies with Cheat Engine or FPS exploits wasn't the issue here,

It wasn't the issue in GunZ either. I don't think you actually have any idea what I was talking about in that post. I called this, deal with it.​​

You didn't call anything. You said it was "le ebin hackzors", not Bethesda doxing their own customers.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Not the first time this sort of thing has happened, sadly I doubt it'll be the last. Previous time was with the user account database on DCUO getting "stolen"...
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    Not the first time this sort of thing has happened, sadly I doubt it'll be the last. Previous time was with the user account database on DCUO getting "stolen"...
    Then there were the two (three, maybe? I wasn't paying that much attention at the time) occasions when the Playstation Network was exposed. Don't recall anyone bashing on PS4 games because of it, but again I wasn't paying that much attention.

jonsills wrote: »
    Don't recall anyone bashing on PS4 games because of it, but again I wasn't paying that much attention.

Bashing on Bethesda is the hip thing to do.​​
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    Don't recall anyone bashing on PS4 games because of it, but again I wasn't paying that much attention.

Bashing on Bethesda is the hip thing to do.​​

I never finished Daggerfall for all the bugs and crashes to desktop DOS prompt, so I guess I’ve been on trend since 1996.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
    And yet, there's all the people who did finish it. Whatever will we do about them and their differing experiences.
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Then there were the two (three, maybe? I wasn't paying that much attention at the time) occasions when the Playstation Network was exposed. Don't recall anyone bashing on PS4 games because of it, but again I wasn't paying that much attention.

The PSN wasn't "exposed" in the same way Bethesda's support system was in this latest fiasco. Hackers were dedicated enough to find a way to break security measures in place. The people who hacked PSN had to use unconventional methods to find a vulnerability in their servers.

There has never been an instance where a PSN user raising a support ticket was able to view another user's ticket's information that not only contained the nature of their complaint, but also their name, home address and credit card info, because that's what exactly happened with Bethesda's support system. This isn't a case of hackers with malicious intent to steal private information from Bethesda's servers, anyone could do it by simply using the support system as intended.

I can understand overlooking game bugs if you're enjoying the game and that leading to you thinking the developer is great and all, but draw the line somewhere and hold them accountable when they **** up badly like this.
    jennymachx wrote: »
    I can understand overlooking game bugs if you're enjoying the game and that leading to you thinking the developer is great and all, but draw the line somewhere and hold them accountable when they **** up badly like this.

Honestly, I feel the same way about the PSN breach. You're a billion dollar company, secure your ****.​​
    edited December 2018
    jennymachx wrote: »
    I'm ready and willing to hold Bethesda accountable. However, what I object to is the attempt to bash F76 itself because of this. When it happens to other developers, nobody tries to claim that's a mark against the developer's games - yet somehow, in this instance, it's considered to be a valid complaint to direct against the game itself.

Then again, I never saw why the whole "canvas/nylon" thing was such a big deal anyway. I didn't buy the Power Armor Edition for a bag, I bought it for a replica T-51b helmet, which I have. The carrying bag, map, and army-man-style figurines are just a nice bonus.

jeezypete... if you paid $200 just for the canvas bag you are an idiot.

• xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    > @beezeeze said:
    > jeezypete... if you paid $200 just for the canvas bag you are an idiot.

I guess. But then again you could say anyone’s an idiot for paying $200 at all for F76 for any reason which I don’t think would be 100% accurate
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
    xcelsior41 wrote: »
    > @beezeeze said:

I guess. But then again you could say anyone’s an idiot for paying $200 at all for F76 for any reason which I don’t think would be 100% accurate

well yeah. I guess...

> @beezeeze said:

Also true. I paid $60 for F76, and another $120 for a T-51b power-armor helmet replica with a voice changer (which last bit I didn't even know about until it got here). Given prices for various Halloween costume bits (from many franchises, not just this one), it was reasonable.

I also got a carrying bag with a West Tek logo (the company that developed powered armor, among other things), a map, and an assortment of miniatures.

> @beezeeze said:

Also true. I paid $60 for F76, and another $120 for a T-51b power-armor helmet replica with a voice changer (which last bit I didn't even know about until it got here). Given prices for various Halloween costume bits (from many franchises, not just this one), it was reasonable.

I also got a carrying bag with a West Tek logo (the company that developed powered armor, among other things), a map, and an assortment of miniatures.

What minis though? Seriously... I never got a good look at them...

Are they in scale with Fallout: Wasteland Warfare?

beezeeze wrote: »
    > @beezeeze said:

What minis though? Seriously... I never got a good look at them...

Are they in scale with Fallout: Wasteland Warfare?
    Probably not, because they're not even in scale with each other (then again, if they were either the Mr. Handy would be too easy to lose or the Scorchbeast would fill most of the bag).

• colonelwingcolonelwing Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Lunchboxes, anybody? Another Bethesda oopsie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBC4ESs33Hc

No need to change the title, there is no bashing in this thread. People merely are stating facts.
    Post edited by colonelwing on
    Are you in the least familiar with the difference between "fact" and "opinion"?

I'm guessing not.

Yeah claim you're just stating facts in the same post that contains a video that is %100 pure speculation. Oh no lunchboxes! Bethesda liiiiied!!! everybody panic! Outrage!!

Lets take random guesses on what they might contain and make a video with a click baity title about it.

Sorry but, this IS proof:

POST_ATX_Lunchbox_Effect_FortifyXPBonus EDID changed to ATX_Lunchbox_Effect_FortifyXPBonus
    POST_ATX_Lunchbox_Effect_CarryCapacityBonus EDID changed to ATX_Lunchbox_Effect_CarryCapacityBonus
    POST_ATX_Lunchbox_Effect_DMGBonus EDID changed to ATX_Lunchbox_Effect_DMGBonus
    POST_ATX_Lunchbox_Effect_RadResistBonus EDID changed to zzz_RECLAIM_Effect_RadResistBonus

> ATX_Entitlement_Category_Store_TEST EDID changed to ATX_Entitlement_Category_Store_Lunchboxes
    ATX_Entitlement_Category_Store_PerkCardPacks full name removed

POST_ATX_Lunchbox_RewardEffect EDID changed to ATX_Lunchbox_RewardEffect
    Party Favor Apply gains Ability_Spell ATX_Lunchbox_JumpAbility "Balloons!" script
    POST_ATX_Lunchbox_ActivatorEffect EDID changed to zzz_RECLAIM_ActivatorEffect
    Lunchbox Activator and Animation lost it's scripts
    POST_ATX_Lunchbox_JumpApplier EDID changed to zzz_RECLAIM_JumpApplier
    POST_ATX_Lunchbox_Serum_BalloonJumpApplier

EDID changed to ATX_Lunchbox_BalloonJumpApplier
    lost it's scripts
    Hide in UI, Painless, No Death Dispell flags added
    ATX_Lunchbox_JumpAbility "Balloons!" set as Equip Ability

ATX_Lunchbox_SugarRush_Message added
    ATX_Lunchbox_PlasticAnimals_Message added
    ATX_Lunchbox_Noisemaker_Message added
    ATX_Lunchbox_GiftBag_Message added
    ATX_Lunchbox_Fingertrap_Message added
    zzz_RECLAIM_Balloons_Message added
    ATX_Lunchbox_Antacids_Message added
    ATX_Lunchbox_Balloons_Message added
    ATX_Lunchbox_Confetti_Message added
    ATX_Lunchbox_SoMuchCake_Message added
    ATX_Lunchbox_ToGoPunch_Message added
    AbSpotlightTextDummyWeek008 deleted
    POST_ATX_Lunchbox_FortifyJumpHeight

EDID changed to ATX_Lunchbox_FortifyJumpHeight
    AbilityTypeMutation, AbilityTypeMutation_PositiveEffect added

POST_ATX_Lunchbox_VFXEffect EDID changed to zzz_RECLAIM_VFXEffect
    POST_ATX_Lunchbox_AddConfettiPerk

EDID changed to zzz_RECLAIM_AddConfettiPerk
    POST_ATX_Lunchbox_Confetti01 "Confetti Perk" was removed from Perk to Aply

POST_ATX_Lunchbox_PerkConfettiApply

EDID changed to ATX_Lunchbox_PerkConfettiApply
    script Economy:LunchboxPerkFanfareScript added

POST_ATX_Lunchbox_PerkConfettiEffect EDID changed to ATX_Lunchbox_PerkConfettiEffect
    POST_ATX_Lunchbox_NoHunger_Effect

There are two options:
    1. They intended to put lootcrates in the game, but ditched the idea (over the recent backlash)
    2. They are intending to put lootcrates in the game, in the near future.

The code for doing so, is apparently already in place, aka. Todd Howard is a liar.
    ATX stands for atomic shop transaction, btw.
    Are you in the least familiar with the difference between "fact" and "opinion"?

I'm guessing not.

I am basing my opinion on facts.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    still speculation if you don't know what Bethesda was using the variable names FOR.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    edited December 2018
    ATX stands for atomic shop transaction, btw.

I didn't say that the lootboxes weren't coming I was just pointing out that any info about the contents inside of them is at this point pure speculation.

When did they ever say they would not do lootboxes?

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Isn't there enuff loot in that game allready?....
    My back cannae take it anymore, captain.

I mean, you can just choose not to open those.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    edited December 2018
    beezeeze wrote: »

I didn't say that the lootboxes weren't coming I was just pointing out that any info about the contents inside of them is at this point pure speculation.

When did they ever say they would not do lootboxes?

How is it speculation, when it's written into the game already?
    The contents are:
    XP boosts, increased equip load, radiation resistance, damage bonus, aswell as perk cards...

Sorry, but they said exactly this: It's only going to be -> cosmetic.
    They recently stealth nerfed the exp gain. This is common practice in the gaming industry (usually mmos), just to sell you the nerfed exp in form of exp boosters and that, along with the other crate contents is far from cosmetic.

flyingfinn wrote: »
    Isn't there enuff loot in that game allready?....
    My back cannae take it anymore, captain.

I mean, you can just choose not to open those.

There you go:
    POST_ATX_Lunchbox_Effect_CarryCapacityBonus EDID changed to ATX_Lunchbox_Effect_CarryCapacityBonus

edited December 2018
    still speculation if you don't know what Bethesda was using the variable names FOR.

You can read, right? Stockholm syndrome much? Of course, now that gamers found out about the code being in place, Bethesda is going to pull the brakes on their plans. But still, it doesn't make their secret attempt at shoving MTX into the customers faces, less insulting.
    Post edited by colonelwing on