test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fallout 76 aka The facts why Fallout 76 is bad. Or why Bethesda is.

12346»

Comments

• jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,314 Arc User
    That would be an amazing coincidence - you'd have to be online at the same time as its creator, and wind up by chance on the same server (each one only holds, IIRC, 26 people, in order to increase the post-apocalyptic feel of the world). I hope to find it one day, as I'm told the deathclaw, being tamed with the Wasteland Whisperer perk, will only aggro if attacked - it's just that most people will attack a deathclaw on sight, just to stay safe...

(Kind of the way I feel about those goddamn windup monkeys. Sure, they don't do anything in this game, but I have a lot of bad memories from FO4.)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    they didn't really do anything on FO4 either...i mean, i know they're supposed to be trap triggers, but none of the ones i ever ran across seemed to do anything - aside from light up and clack, of course​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    they didn't really do anything on FO4 either...i mean, i know they're supposed to be trap triggers, but none of the ones i ever ran across seemed to do anything - aside from light up and clack, of course​​
    They light up, clack - and alert nearby ferals to the fact that you're there. No sneak attacks when there's a goddamn monkey around. (I snipe their heads off with a silenced weapon as soon as I see them.)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    I'm pretty sure I remember at least one instance of one exploding...​​
  • well, no wonder they never did anything bad for me - i'm rambo, not shinobi​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    Stealth builds can assassinate with a blade; I've seen that in some of Oxhorn's videos. I'm more of a sniper - my preferred engagement is one where the enemy doesn't even know I'm there until at least a few of them are dead, and if they never figure out where I'm shooting from, so much the better.

I try for the same thing in 76, but silencers are harder to come by. OTOH, when you can use an orbital-strike beacon as an opening move, it makes the whole engagement go much more smoothly.