Options

FC.31.20180613.2 - Single Blade/Costume Transformations

Comments

• Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    aesica wrote: »
    Aggressive Stance (Guardi/Wardicator)
    First of all, RIP. I fully admit the loop effect had to go, but the decrease in overall usefulness is a disappointment. This particular specialization provides an extremely minimal benefit and really should be buffed. On my test character, Aggressive Stance 2/2 is giving me...3% extra damage resistance which is pretty trash compared to (if my numbers are right) the 21% it provides for that same character on live. Any other specialization that provides Fortified Gear (there are 4 total) is going to convey a better defensive bonus. Fortified Gear is providing +8% damage resistance to my modestly-geared character. It will likely provide a lot more to someone with the cosmic-level stuff.

The loop was cut in two places now, but to stop a loop you only have to cut it in 1 place. So the change we have now is not needed to fix the server issues, just the "best defense" change would be enough for that, and that would be a fix I could understand. Further balance changes to specs I would like in a more comprehensive way where other over and underperforming specs are also looked at, and their interaction with content and powers and builds.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    xcelsior41 wrote: »
    Wow would I have a lot of 40s to respec.

Which brings up the question, with a change of this magnitude, do characters with Wardicator/Guardicator get a free respec? The changes aren't at the "we turned your baseline ST DPS attack into a utility power" level (hi there Telekinesis), but this is a substantial change for a lot of characters.

And I'm impressed that we made it to page three before the Sky Is Falling debate really got going. :D

I would understand if we didn't get a free respec. After all, the spec combination still does what it does, the numbers just got a bit smaller. Like say you were using an attack, and they adjusted the damage of the attack down a bit, that wouldn't warrant a free retcon since the essential function of the attack didn't change. Similarly, the essential function of wardicator/guardicator has not changed, it still does what you chose it for, just less.
  • Options
    grievehart wrote: »
    Question regarding this:
    Does these reworked specs take cosmic gear "Set effects" into calculation (The offense for 3 justice pieces and defense for 3 distinguished) ?

Because even if these set stats are not base stats of individual gear pieces, they are ON the gear when all pieces are reunited, and i would find it a bit disappointing if it was suddenly considered as one of these "outside sources" of off/def that are suddenly ignored in calculation.

As far as I'm aware set bonuses have always counted as "from gear" for the purpose of specs that increase based on gear stats, so this should still be the case here.
  • Options
    alriialrii Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    regarding defense/offense to offense/defense ... hoping we can redo our specs for free after this change is live coz...
    nearly all my charas use Best Defense for a bit more boom but this change will make that bit seemingly tiny which would make other options in that spec tree more tempting

and as far as the loop goes, luckily i just have one chara who uses that specifically to be equally defense/offense focused in combat, so likely gonna switch to defense/healing instead

p.s. : we could always use more options that don't require specializing too much in any particular area and i was under the impression that this loop was one of those >.< (obviously it apparently wasn't) buuuuut ignoring the loop itself and for those who use Best Defense and Aggressive Stance separately, the change seems rather ...harsh >.> tho i suppose it can't easily be set to have a lower bonus in a loop but more individually (i can dream!)

edit:

btw here's what i mean (again not talking about the loop):
    any primary superstat spec tree that adds +def from superstats like Ego, Str, Pre + Best Defense = nice boost to Offense
    but with Best Defense now only adding values from gear and ...powers(?) that nice boost becomes only what the gear has

or does the spec tree bonus +def count as 'power'?
    Post edited by alrii on
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    xcelsior41 wrote: »
    Wow would I have a lot of 40s to respec.
    You and me both. Hopefully we get free respecs for the guardi/wardicator change. I know I did when I copied my main over to PTS, but it's unclear if that's the reason she had a free respec.
    spinnytop wrote: »
    I would understand if we didn't get a free respec. After all, the spec combination still does what it does, the numbers just got a bit smaller. Like say you were using an attack, and they adjusted the damage of the attack down a bit, that wouldn't warrant a free retcon since the essential function of the attack didn't change. Similarly, the essential function of wardicator/guardicator has not changed, it still does what you chose it for, just less.
    The numbers have actually gotten a lot smaller, especially the defensive benefits. Here's some figures I took last night using the same character on PTS and Live:

PS: I forgot which power I used as a reference, but it was the same across PTS and Live with the same specializations/talents/stats/gear/overall conditions

PTS
    [Control value]
    Sample Power: 1144 damage
    OFF: 171.1 (6.3%)
    DEF: 156.4 (37%)

[Wardicator]
    Sample Power: 1296 damage
    OFF: 285.1 (10%)
    DEF: 204.1 (48%)

["Garden"]
    Sample Power: 1327 damage
    OFF: 399.1 (13%)
    DEF: 224.8 (53%)

Live
    [Wardicator]
    Sample Power: 1347 damage
    OFF: 452.2 (15%)
    DEF: 281 (66%)
    aiqa wrote: »
    The loop was cut in two places now, but to stop a loop you only have to cut it in 1 place. So the change we have now is not needed to fix the server issues, just the "best defense" change would be enough for that, and that would be a fix I could understand. Further balance changes to specs I would like in a more comprehensive way where other over and underperforming specs are also looked at, and their interaction with content and powers and builds.
    True, but I can understand cutting it in both places, as was done here. If you only cut The Best Defense, it leaves the door open for something else further down the road to unintentionally start the loop up again.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    edited July 2018

PTS
    [Control value]
    Sample Power: 1144 damage
    OFF: 171.1 (6.3%)
    DEF: 156.4 (37%)

[Wardicator]
    Sample Power: 1296 damage
    OFF: 285.1 (10%)
    DEF: 204.1 (48%)

["Garden"]
    Sample Power: 1327 damage
    OFF: 399.1 (13%)
    DEF: 224.8 (53%)

Live
    [Wardicator]
    Sample Power: 1347 damage
    OFF: 452.2 (15%)
    DEF: 281 (66%)

I don't see the large drop you're claiming. On PTS you're only taking 7% more damage than on live, and you're only dealing about 4% less damage. That's not really significant. Garden is only 5% and and 2%.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Do note that this is on a character wearing heroic gear, which is pretty potato compared to the good stuff. Once you factor in things like GCR-gear's higher values and set bonuses, you're going to see larger drops. It's kind of a moot point though because it really does look like people with wardi/guardicator will be getting free respecs. At least every character I've sent to the PTS has been flagged for one.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    Characters always get free respecs when sending to PTS, I think, so I'm not totally sure it's just because of this change.​​
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • Options
    Yeah Kagami got a free respec and she's not wardicator so I think they just hand them out to every toon you transfer.
  • Options
    shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    Alright, thanks for the input there :D​​
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • Options
    grievehartgrievehart Posts: 192 Arc User
    As far as I'm aware set bonuses have always counted as "from gear" for the purpose of specs that increase based on gear stats, so this should still be the case here.

Thx for your answer. I was wondering because of the "directly" word in kaizerin sentence.
    kaizerin wrote: »
    [*] Changed this spec grant defense bonuses based on the amount of offense directly on your gear and granted by mod effects.
    ​​

I understand the need to fix the bugged loop.
    I can accept the removal of external sources of off/def, even if it does not please me.
    But i would have felt scammed if a spec that is now supposed to give benefits exclusively from gear was deliberatly ignoring a big amount of gear stats, because these stats are not "direct" but apply as a set effect.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Yeah Kagami got a free respec and she's not wardicator so I think they just hand them out to every toon you transfer.
    Aah, that's fair then. Still, I'd be surprised if Wardi/Guardicator users didn't get a free respec because it doesn't really do what people wanted it for anymore. On live, it's a valid tanking option as well as a good option for damage-dealing while lumping on survivability. On PTS, as I've shown already, the numbers are low enough that it's no longer all that great. People who want to do high damage will likely abandon it because the defensive benefits are no longer worth the tradeoff of using it in favor of more offense-centric choices, like Brawler + whatever. Tanks will surely abandon it because of how bad Aggressive Stance's negligible defensive bonus is, since literally anything with Fortified Gear is better.
    But i would have felt scammed if a spec that is now supposed to give benefits exclusively from gear was deliberatly ignoring a big amount of gear stats, because these stats are not "direct" but apply as a set effect.
    I wanted to verify what was stated as "should be the case," so I took it to PTS to test. While wearing a Distinguished Offense and Defense piece, swapping between a Utility Heroic piece and Distinguished piece resulted in a notable Offense change via The Best Defense, with the Distinguished piece yielding the higher result due to its set bonus.

So yeah, set bonuses are counted--at least for The Best Defense.
  • Options
    vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Vindicator is supposed to be a ranged/melee hybrid spec. I mean, look at Vindicator mastery. But, we can't really make effective ranged/melee hybrid dps toons right now (since the toggles and roles are both segregated). Why not temper the nerfs to the Vindi tree with a buff to vindicator mastery? Make it something potentially relevant, like a base damage bonus in hybrid role. Throw us a frikin bone here whydoncha?

The might ultimate seems like it will be fine w a few tweaks. I agree with Lezard about tacking on some CC (and maybe knock) immunity. That just makes good sense for an ultimate IMO. Nothing feels worse than having your "ultimate powaaaa" shut down by a viper grunt's rifle butt. As far as the aesthetics of it go... might is also superman's power set, not just the hulk's. Unleashed rage is still good, and works well for a brute-type. I think we've just gotten used to lumbering macro furries, and forgotten that supergirl is also super-strong.
    Post edited by vonqball on
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    A r7 Offense core grants +69 Offense, a r7 Defense core grants +20 defense. One point in fortified gear will give +2 Defense per defense core, one point in Aggressive Stance will give +7 Defense. The thing is that people rarely use Offense on gear, unless they're using full Justice gear, while gear always comes with Defense.
  • Options
    criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Suggestion: Martial Arts ATs
    Would it be possible to give all the ATs tha use MA powers (except the Night Avenger) a choice between their recently added energy unlock and Steadfast?

Suggestion
    When mentioning that Slash's new advantage will apply Bewildered, wouldn't be better if it applied Furious with a scaling change with Focus?

Suggestion: Tornado Slash
    In the patch notes of this update it mentions an advantage that has a chance to apply Mental Leech(?), wouldn't that be Dependency?

Suggestion
    The VIPER's Psionic Adepts have a unique power with a unique stab animation, can we get that as a power please?
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    lezard21 wrote: »
    Bug (maybe?)
    This is the damage RE does when consuming 5 bleed stacks
    Your Reaper's Embrace deals 6595 (6925) Slashing Damage to Regenerating Test Dummy A.

While this is the damage it does when consuming Deep Wound
    Your Rupture deals 1736 (1909) Slashing Damage to Regenerating Test Dummy A.

I don't know if this was maybe overlooked, but shouldn't rupturing Deep Wound do more damage than rupturing 5 stacks of Bleed, kinda like how healing with Thrash from Deep Wound heals you for more HP than healing from 5 stacks of Bleed (disregard it currently being bugged)

I just noticed I posted the incorrect logs
    Your Rupture deals 9111 (10022) Slashing Damage to Regenerating Test Dummy A.

That's with 5 Bleeds only.
    Your Rupture deals 1736 (1909) Slashing Damage to Regenerating Test Dummy A.

With Deep Wound only.​​
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    > @pantagruel01 said:
    > A r7 Offense core grants +69 Offense, a r7 Defense core grants +20 defense. One point in fortified gear will give +2 Defense per defense core, one point in Aggressive Stance will give +7 Defense. The thing is that people rarely use Offense on gear, unless they're using full Justice gear, while gear always comes with Defense.

This gives people an option of re-gearing to mitigate some of the effect of the changes especially with a +1 to Aggressive Stance, and it works very fairly for characters that have Merc/Heroic gear as their best gear... Most of the impact is on players who have been feeding the loop with mods, item bonuses and set bonuses.
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Aah, that's fair then. Still, I'd be surprised if Wardi/Guardicator users didn't get a free respec because it doesn't really do what people wanted it for anymore. On live, it's a valid tanking option as well as a good option for damage-dealing while lumping on survivability. On PTS, as I've shown already, the numbers are low enough that it's no longer all that great. People who want to do high damage will likely abandon it because the defensive benefits are no longer worth the tradeoff of using it in favor of more offense-centric choices, like Brawler + whatever. Tanks will surely abandon it because of how bad Aggressive Stance's negligible defensive bonus is, since literally anything with Fortified Gear is better.
    I wanted to verify what was stated as "should be the case," so I took it to PTS to test. While wearing a Distinguished Offense and Defense piece, swapping between a Utility Heroic piece and Distinguished piece resulted in a notable Offense change via The Best Defense, with the Distinguished piece yielding the higher result due to its set bonus.

So yeah, set bonuses are counted--at least for The Best Defense.

Damn, so does this mean Wardicator is crap for dps/tank dual builds now? If so, then RIP my dual build.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    Damn, so does this mean Wardicator is crap for dps/tank dual builds now? If so, then RIP my dual build.

Should be ok still if you are geared for Justice and get the large offense set bonus to convert to defense. The lowered defense due to the loop is going to make damage-type specific defense mods much more valuable as you will get at least the same, if not more defense by using those instead of impacts. I suggest r7 if you're going to pursue them.

Can always get an extra set of gear for your tank portion of your dual builds and overcome the change that way.

Defense Mods for Main Tanks:
    Cold resist vs Kiga and his Dogs (get from GCR vendor)
    Crushing resist vs Ape, Gravitar, Portal Guardian, Teleios (get from Mega D OMs)
    Dimensional resist vs Eido, Oubliette (get from GCR vendor)
    Paranormal resist vs Slug (get from GCR vendor)

Dino deals slashing damage and there is no slashing resist mod yet.

Defense Mods for DPS and Healers:
    Kiga: Piercing resist vs Storms - I have forgotten which mods provide this but I think they exist
    Ape: Fire resist vs Lava Patches (get from GCR vendor)
    Dino: deals Particle damage via spike detonation (GCR Vendor) and Crushing damage via stomp (Mega D OM)
    Eido: Dimensional via the big clap, Toxic via Red Orb DoT which ignores half of resists, Green Orb explosion (I don't remember the damage type here, but maybe someoen with a parse in front of them can say what it is)
  • Options
    servantrulesservantrules Posts: 312 Arc User

As I understand it, the effect is significant in terms of how much offense Aggressive Stance gives now compared to before. Perhaps a less extreme adjustment would mitigate this? Just so it's not a complete waste to include this in the spec? I could understand if it's not as good as before but making it at least half of what it did before is reasonable. More than that would certainly be disappointing.
  • Options
    For a Str primary tank with 2 points in Juggernaut, 3 points in Fortified Gear, 3 points in Best Defense, 2 points in Aggressive Stance, and Strength Mastery:

Without looping:
    Defense = 0.3 * Con + 1.3 * Defense (from gear) + 0.2 * Offense (from gear)
    Offense = Defense (from gear) + Offense + 30.

With looping:
    Defense = 0.375 * Con + 1.62 * Defense (from gear) + 0.25 * Offense (from gear) + 7.5
    Offense = 0.375 * Con + 1.62 * Defense (from gear) + 1.25 * Offense (from gear) + 37.5
  • Options
    People who want to do high damage will likely abandon it

Which makes sense since people looking for high damage should not be looking at a tanking spec. Those who are looking for a mix of damage and defense will still find that with Warden and Guardian. Those who are only interested in doing more damage will find that with Vindicator, Brawler, and Avenger. Who knows, people might start looking at other more interesting combinations now. I'm having a lot of fun on my Avenger/Sentinel dual spec offtank.
  • Options
    People who want to do high damage will likely abandon it

Which makes sense since people looking for high damage should not be looking at a tanking spec.
    I'm not really worried about future viability of Warden or Guardian, they might not be optimal for dps but they still have plenty to recommend them. I'm not sure what builds Vindicator remains useful on, though.
  • Options
    xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    Some feedback on the new might ultimate.
    It's decent IF fully maintained. Otherwise it seems lack luster. The majority of the time, getting off a maintain that long is unrealistic. Untop of getting the standard ultimate CD, getting interrupted would be really disappointing. Feels like there is more cons than pros with using it, other than theme.

Just a suggestion: Scrap it as an ultimate, and make it a cone effect targetting, or non-targetting, aoe with that can synergize well with enrage. Could do well to get rid of the root innate effect also if scrapped as an ultimate.
  • Options
    darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    xcaligax wrote: »
    Some feedback on the new might ultimate.
    It's decent IF fully maintained. Otherwise it seems lack luster. The majority of the time, getting off a maintain that long is unrealistic. Untop of getting the standard ultimate CD, getting interrupted would be really disappointing. Feels like there is more cons than pros with using it, other than theme.

Just a suggestion: Scrap it as an ultimate, and make it a cone effect targetting, or non-targetting, aoe with that can synergize well with enrage. Could do well to get rid of the root innate effect also if scrapped as an ultimate.

Moving and using something like that would also fit nicely with what I've seen in a few comics/anime/etc.
  • Options
    xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    darqaura2 wrote: »
    Moving and using something like that would also fit nicely with what I've seen in a few comics/anime/etc.

You can move with it.
    The way the game is now, content is designed and rewarded for quick reaction. Using this as a dps, maybe you can work it out. As a tank, I'm not seeing it able to work, definitely not a full maintain. And getting the whole ultimate CD for firing off 2 seconds of it is definitely not worth it for a tank.
  • Options
    darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    xcaligax wrote: »
    darqaura2 wrote: »

You can move with it.
    The way the game is now, content is designed and rewarded for quick reaction. Using this as a dps, maybe you can work it out. As a tank, I'm not seeing it able to work, definitely not a full maintain. And getting the whole ultimate CD for firing off 2 seconds of it is definitely not worth it for a tank.

Oh good to know! I hadn't been to PTS yet.

But should have mentioned I agree in my last post, as a tank . . . . yeah that full maintain ain't happening regularly. :(
  • Options
    The thing is, with how it is right now Pummeling serves no purpose, neither for Tank nor for DPS.

For Tank aside from what caliga already mentioned it has the problem that it doesn't have Commanding Presence adv.

For DPS it applies Overpower at the end of the combo, which in Cosmics will most likely get interrupted, specially in Dino and Eido.

I already made suggestions on how to improve it but I'd like to add a few more since I hadn't considered the power being used by a Tank.

Suggestion
    Catastrophic Pummeling
    Increases your Damage Resistance by 50% (shield layer) while mantaining this power.

That should give the power some utility in allowing tanks to survive an unblocked Cosmic hit while mantaining the power ( I think? otherwise adjust the Damage Resistance till it allows a 15k hp tank to do so)​​
  • Options
    I'm not really worried about future viability of Warden or Guardian, they might not be optimal for dps but they still have plenty to recommend them. I'm not sure what builds Vindicator remains useful on, though.

Ranged dps? Vindicator still gives the most crit severity, and some good crit chance
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I sure hope this ultimate wont end up being useless like Meteor Blaze (which still needs to get buffed and own OVERPOWERED)

What's the point of making ultimates if they don't live up to their name and Ultimate TIER

If the ultimate is not good, people will stick with Unleashed Rage and that's a waste​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    poptartmaniac#8493 poptartmaniac Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I'd like to say something..

please don't release the changes until they're finished, and fixed. the lockbox and ultimate until it's finished and fixed.
    the reason i ask is cause i've noticed on some patches things are rushed and released incomplete or with it's bugs for some reason (like save the earth), and how everyone's sayying the ultimate doesn't feel might-y enough, or it can be improved, etc etc.

However, if there's some factors or reasons as to why the changes need to be rushed, then I understand, i'm still pretty excited about the lockbox, transformations, the ultimate, the single blade stuff, very excited.

but i'm only posting this because 1. people won't exploit the bugs (like RE's rupture not being dodge-able even with MD, serious, every pvper and their laundry machine will exploit that)

and 2. I am sure players don't mind waiting a bit longer to get content if it's for it to be improved, completed, fixed, etc. we don't mind waiting, so don't feel rushed okay <3

after all, i'm sure it's better to get the full package in good condition, than half a package, or a broken package.

I do hope this does not sound rude in any shape or form, my apologies if it does. I appreciate what you guys do.

edit: fixed sum typossss

• Options
    avianos wrote: »
    I sure hope this ultimate wont end up being useless like Meteor Blaze (which still needs to get buffed and own OVERPOWERED)

From the description I think Meteor Blaze is supposed to be a Tap, not a Charge. So if that was implemented that would make it instantly good.
  • Options
    poptartmaniac#8493 poptartmaniac Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Derp
    Post edited by poptartmaniac#8493 on
  • Options
    Edit: these forums r bugged i replied on another thread and it replied here, how embarassing
  • Options
    (cross posting from Release Notes cause relevant)

On regards to the new ultimate I did some tests:

ptJ5TJF.jpg
    (this was on Live, r7 mods, justice gear and OV gear, no DUC)

As you can see, including it in rotation gave me 700 more DPS, but this was mostly achived by following a strict rotation of using an AO, then using Catastrophic Pummeling so that the Overpower debuff would be up till the 2nd AO came out of it's shared cooldown. All this done in the controlled environment of a PH Dummy who is not attacking me back.

On Cosmics I didn't parser but my overall scores were lower than I am used to, but this might be me just screwing up while I get familiar with the new Ult. Finding a good opening to use a 5-6 second mantain is not an easy task, especially at dino.

I will however protest about the watered down CC resist this power got when compared to Fury of the Dragon. Timing Fury of the Dragon to avoid a Dino hold is already finnicky enough and it already kinda requires you to "guess" when the Dino is about to use Hold so that you activate Fury of The Dragon almost immediately after...

but with Catastrophic Pummeling having a 2 second delay, the only way you could use it to avoid a hold mechanic is just straight up by guessing.

So I'll still hope that this power gets some more love in the future weeks, cause as much as I want to love it, it just doesn't feel right in my Might toon.​​
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    Well taking this along with my testing on the power in PH... This is just sad...

Should we expect this ultimate to get buffed (both VISUALLY and performance wise) or is it another case of useless ultimate like Meteor Blaze?​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    Heavy Weapons and now Single Blade can apply Clinging Flame?
    How about advantages to apply Chill / Negative Ions / etc. make nice with the other power sets. CO now lets single blade lunge apply Sorcery depuff Jinx.
  • Options
    An update on Pummeling. I used it during Ape...

...or tried to. Due to Pummeling being melee range and the amount of melee players nowadays, I was only able to fully mantain Pummeling once during the whole fight. Every other time I had to interrupt it due to meteors on the melee pile. Dino will probably have the same problem when Baby spawns. So that 700 extra DPS that you get from having the Overpower debuff up is gone because Overpower only applies at the end of the combo.​​
  • Options
    mutantmaidsmutantmaids Posts: 118 Arc User
    I have no idea why, but I can't find the new ultimate or any of the new single blade powers anywhere on test. They just don't exist for me, at all. I already unlocked Pummeling, but it's absolutely absent.
  • Options
    qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I notice that both the Bleeding and Shredding refresher adv from Scything Blade is gone now. I assume this was meant to make it so that the Single Blade user would stick to bursting? So what would happen to the Blade AT players now that there is almost no reason to take Dragon Bite over Reaper Embrace, other than for pure aesthetic, since Dragon Bite is clearly the inferior choice now?

Oh and in before get an AT>FF token.
  • Options
    qawsada wrote: »
    I notice that both the Bleeding and Shredding refresher adv from Scything Blade is gone now.

What actually appears to have happened is they accidentally uploaded an earlier version of the PTS build since all the SB changes are gone now.
  • Options
    qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    I notice that both the Bleeding and Shredding refresher adv from Scything Blade is gone now.

What actually appears to have happened is they accidentally uploaded an earlier version of the PTS build since all the SB changes are gone now.

Panta put it better that it was using a build meant for the Live Server when they are rushing the content before the Holidays.
  • Options
    Same difference. They didn't remove the advantages, they changed the server build.
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Hm, I guess w/ the update CPummeling now self-roots. That will make it harder to use practically.

As much as I think the Ult is kinda neat and fittingly over-the-top w/ how long it lasts, I don't think one should have to wait for that long of a channel to get to the good effects (namely Overpower, but also the knock- esp if using Enrage). One could cut down the max channel time, but that's rather lame, imo. If its possible to add Overpower somewhere in the middle of the channel at least, that'd be helpful.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    I have been wondering this month why the current team creates underwhleming/useless/niche powers? I can understand that when the game was in its initial year or two that some flawed mechanices got put in and stayed as is due to lack of time (presumably?). But, why is this still a thing? Not only have some recent ultimates been kind of poor, but even some standard powers (e.g. Nova Flare is really only useful is cosmic mosh pits). Certainly there is enough feedback, so why the mediocrity?
    avianos wrote: »
    What's the point of making ultimates if they don't live up to their name and Ultimate TIER
    ​​

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    servantrulesservantrules Posts: 312 Arc User
    Perhaps Catastrophic Pummeling should at least be uninterruptible. I mean, it's an Ultimate so it should feel like it (especially since it roots the user during the maintain). How are people going to fulfill their "omae wa mou shindeiru" wishes if this ultimate is unreliable? :)
  • Options
    johnystelar1johnystelar1 Posts: 67 Arc User
    Perhaps Catastrophic Pummeling should at least be uninterruptible. I mean, it's an Ultimate so it should feel like it (especially since it roots the user during the maintain). How are people going to fulfill their "omae wa mou shindeiru" wishes if this ultimate is unreliable? :)

It can't be interrupted after 2 secs.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I notice that both the Bleeding and Shredding refresher adv from Scything Blade is gone now. I assume this was meant to make it so that the Single Blade user would stick to bursting? So what would happen to the Blade AT players now that there is almost no reason to take Dragon Bite over Reaper Embrace, other than for pure aesthetic, since Dragon Bite is clearly the inferior choice now?
    You can still (thankfully) stick with a maintain-the-bleeds playstyle by taking Chained Kunai + Weak Points.
  • Options
    You can still (thankfully) stick with a maintain-the-bleeds playstyle by taking Chained Kunai + Weak Points.

Those advantages weren't actually removed, they just rolled the server back.
This discussion has been closed.