test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20180613.2 - Single Blade/Costume Transformations

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,088 Cryptic Developer
edited June 2018 in PTS - The Archive
Costume Transformations
  • Addressed a few timing issues with costume transformations.
  • Fixed a bug where they did not trigger when using buildswapping.

Lockbox
  • Added Catastrophic Pummeling power unlock to the debugger store.

Misc
  • Fixed a bug where Qwyjibo's flaming aura was scaling incorrectly.
  • Added Coruscating Might modification to the debugger store. This will be a new reward in the Nemesis alert.
  • Added Army Helmet costume unlock to the debugger store.
  • Updated a few NPC feral attacks to apply the NPC version of bleed instead of a unique bleed effect.

Power Changes
Specializations
The Best Defense
  • Changed this spec to grant offense bonuses based on the amount of defense on your gear. Previously it took into account all sources of your defense.

Aggressive Stance
  • Changed this spec grant defense bonuses based on the amount of offense directly on your gear and granted by mod effects. Additionally, this spec will also grant a bonus based on the amount of offense you have from individual powers (not other specializations). Previously it took into account all sources of your offense.

Some detail on this change: When these advantages were combined it created an infinite loop where they would continuously benefit each other. The UI would eventually stop updating the bonuses, but the loop kept on. This was an unnecessary resourse hog and also made these specialization much better than intended.

The change made here will no longer allow these effects to loop off one another. Instead, each individual source will gain the bonus.

Single Blade
Reaper's Caress:
  • The second hit on this attack now has a 25% chance to apply Bleed (from 15%).
  • New Advantage (2): Chance to apply Clinging Flames instead of Bleed.
  • New Advantage (2): Removes 1 stack of Deadly Poison or Bleeding on you every hit and heals for each one removed.

Slash
  • New Advantage (2): Chance to apply Bewildered to the target.

Dragon's Bite
  • Moved the Dragon Rush effect to an advantage.
  • Cull the Weak advantage: Changed the way this power defeats enemies of Villain or Henchman rank. This is just an under the hood change.
  • New advantage (2): Knocks down your target.

Swift Strike
  • New Advantage (2): Applies the Ebb and Flow buff when attacking with melee abilities for a short time.

Cut Down
  • New Advantage (2): Applies Jinxed to target.

Scything Blade
  • Swallowtail Cut: No longer considered a Bleed, but is still a type of Wound. If targeting a high ranking target, deals regular bleed damage but is considered its own effect for power interaction purposes.
  • New Advantage (2): Refreshes Bleed.
  • New Advantage (2): Refreshes Shredded.

Parry
  • Updated the tooltip to make it clear that the parry effect can only occur once per block cycle, meaning it cannot be triggered multiple times if you are constantly holding down block. This is just a tooltip update.

Reaper's Embrace
  • Added a 1 second cooldown on this ability to address some issues this power had if tapspammed.
  • Changed activation time to 0.83 seconds (from 0.67).
  • Changed max charge time to 0.67 second (from 0.83).
  • Cost and damage has been adjusted for new activation times.
  • Changed Rupture damage to Slashing (from Piercing).
  • Fully charging this ability against a target affected by Shredded applies Open Wound on a target after a small delay.
  • No Mercy Advantage: No longer has a chance to apply bleeds. Causes Reaper's Embrace to rupture all of your Wound effects instead of Bleed effects.

New Power: Deflect
  • Single Blade Block
  • When you are struck by an attack, applies bleed to the target if they are already not affected by any of your bleeds.
  • Advantage (3): Increases your dodge, avoidance and knock res while attacking in melee range. Scales with Dexterity.

New Power: Laughing Zephyr
  • Martial Arts reverse lunge
  • Lunges away from your target and applies the Charged Up buff to you for a short time.
  • Advantage (2): Turns this power into a threat wipe.

New Power: Tornado Slash
  • Deals ranged damage in a cone.
  • Has a chance to apply bleed and stun to targets.
  • Advantage(2): No longer stuns. Now has a chance to apply Mental Leech.
  • Advantage(2): No longer applies bleed. Now has a chance to apply Chi Flame.

New Power: Catastrophic Pummeling
  • Ultimate
  • Deals Crushing damage to a single target.
  • Roots them briefly.
  • If fully maintained, deals damage in a area effect, knocks targets into the sky, and applies the Overpower debuff.

Misc
Uppercut
  • Head Trauma Advantage: Updated the Stun on this advantage as it was using a very old version of it.
  • The effect of this advantage is now called Bewildered.
  • Reduced the duration Bewildered lasts on a target to 10 seconds (from 12).
  • The Stun effect should properly apply Hold resistance now.

Lead Tempest
  • This power was using an incorrect formula for its cost. Cost has gone up.
​​

Comments

• jojenmaihemjojenmaihem Posts: 161 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Power Changes
    Specializations
    The Best Defense
    • Changed this spec to grant offense bonuses based on the amount of defense on your gear. Previously it took into account all sources of your defense.

Aggressive Stance
    • Changed this spec grant defense bonuses based on the amount of offense directly on your gear and granted by mod effects. Additionally, this spec will also grant a bonus based on the amount of offense you have from individual powers (not other specializations). Previously it took into account all sources of your offense.

Some detail on this change: When these advantages were combined it created an infinite loop where they would continuously benefit each other. The UI would eventually stop updating the bonuses, but the loop kept on. This was an unnecessary resourse hog and also made these specialization much better than intended.

The change made here will no longer allow these effects to loop off one another. Instead, each individual source will gain the bonus.
    ​​

And here they are, time to change specs.
    Single Blade changes
    Finally!
  • shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    Yum
    I hope this is a Might ultimate.
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Single Blade Revamp
    FINALLY SOME GOOD UPDATE
    Power Changes
    Specializations
    The Best Defense
    Changed this spec to grant offense bonuses based on the amount of defense on your gear. Previously it took into account all sources of your defense.
    Aggressive Stance
    Changed this spec grant defense bonuses based on the amount of offense directly on your gear and granted by mod effects. Additionally, this spec will also grant a bonus based on the amount of offense you have from individual powers (not other specializations). Previously it took into account all sources of your offense.
    We all saw that coming and I don't even care anymore since I became a fan of Avenger/Brawler+ Vindicator for my range/melee DPS

but of course I don't expect everyone to accept this change

OF COURSE, I'm expecting SPECs to get buffed as well (Overseer & Arbiter especially)​​ but I doubt this will happen any time soon so the popularity of those specs will still be low
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    Yum

OOOOH I Hope so :grimace:
    It's another melee ultimate with the Overpowered debuff, sounds GREAT
    Reaper's Caress:
    The second hit on this attack now has a 25% chance to apply Bleed (from 15%).
    New Advantage (2): Chance to apply Clinging Flames instead of Bleed.
    New Advantage (2): Removes 1 stack of Deadly Poison or Bleeding on you every hit and heals for each one removed.
    Big fan of the % increase, makes it EVEN with the bestial combo
    New Advantage (2): Chance to apply Clinging Flames instead of Bleed.
    The Clingering Flames is interesting addition, consider Fire is getting more and more flexible with other powerframes :grimace:
    Does the ADV also changes the Visuals of the power? adding a fire effect perhaps? (perhaps not since it would cause the same issues as 0 advs and power replacements)
    New Advantage (2): Removes 1 stack of Deadly Poison or Bleeding on you every hit and heals for each one removed.
    Big fan of the % increase, makes it EVEN with the bestial combo[/quote]
    This better be called Vampire Blade
    Cut Down
    New Advantage (2): Applies Jinxed to target.
    Synergy with Sorcery, great
    Swift Strike

New Advantage (2): Applies the Ebb and Flow buff when attacking with melee abilities for a short time.
    New Power: Deflect
    Single Blade Block
    When you are struck by an attack, applies bleed to the target if they are already not affected by any of your bleeds.
    Advantage (3): Increases your dodge, avoidance and knock res while attacking in melee range. Scales with Dexterity.
    REALLY NICE, opens more dodge tank options for non Martial Art builds :+1:

Slash
    New Advantage (2): Chance to apply Bewildered to the target.
    What is Bewildered effect exactly?
    Reaper's Embrace
    Fully charging this ability against a target affected by Shredded applies Open Wound on a target after a small delay.
    No Mercy Advantage: No longer has a chance to apply bleeds. Causes Reaper's Embrace to rupture all of your Wound effects instead of Bleed effects.
    I see, you are going with giving this power Utilities and Versialities on builds without a way to build Bleeds
    Deals ranged damage in a cone.
    Has a chance to apply bleed and stun to targets.
    Advantage(2): No longer stuns. Now has a chance to apply Mental Leech.
    Advantage(2): No longer applies bleed. Now has a chance to apply Chi Flame
    Sounds Zexy
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Can Vorpal Blade get the threat adv please.

The secondary effects on the block replacer seem to be on the very low end, and to similar to parry for my tastes. Also a DoT on a block can be very annoying, it won't allow you to pull Kiga's dogs for instance.

No Mercy adv description is missing an "<".
    Post edited by aiqa on
    Yum

Another one locked in a box.

Still waiting for them to put all the new ultimates in the Zen Store, not gonna spin the roulette for a random item.

edited June 2018
    Remember, not all new players would have Zen so that's kinda bad ish
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    OF COURSE, I'm expecting SPECs to get buffed as well (Overseer & Arbiter especially) but I doubt this will happen any time soon so the popularity of those specs will still be low

Overseer's Mastery could definitely use an update, preferably allowing it to scale up toward its current bonus depending on the health the target has. I feel like Arbiter Mastery could maybe be updated to take into account bonus healing or something other than it being only Max Health. Other than that, I feel that the spec trees themselves are fine and people need to find more creative use in them.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited June 2018
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Bleh, I just hope "the best defense" change will still make me a viable dps/tank.

Anyway, the new Might Ult is rather disappointing. It is NOT Might-theme. It's more of an Unarmed with how fast the punches are. Why not make it a bit more brutish to give it the Might feel?
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Get your JoJo clones ready.

New Costume Unlock
    • Back - Spirit (Only appears using Cosmic Pummeling doing the animation)

TOUCH THE SPIRIT

edited June 2018
    Catastrophic Pummeling
    VENTO AUREO HYPE
    That's a LOOOOONG animation :/
    I wasn't expecting a 100 Hands clone, BLEH
    This belongs to Unarmed not Brick​​
    Anyway, the new Might Ult is rather disappointing. It is NOT Might-theme. It's more of an Unarmed with how fast the punches are. Why not make it a bit more brutish to give it the Might feel?
    avianos wrote: »
    I wasn't expecting a 100 Hands clone, BLEH
    This belongs to Unarmed not Brick​​

Using the Beatdown animation maybe can be more Might one... they can put an animation and speed it up?

• lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    It appears that Catastrophic Pummeling's last punch is acting as a PBAoE, which can result in kinda silly scenarios like the one in the video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDaz4ADBl0U&amp;feature=youtu.be

Potato quality video cause Hypercam \o/

Anywho, as others have pointed out the power does not feel Might-y at all, but can probably do so with some minor tweaks:

1) Increase the base damage of each hit but reduce the total duration (currently it's at 5-6 seconds which is A LOT for any power and in most endgame fights you will have to interrupt the power early)
    2) Add an earth glaive effect to accompany the uppercut (your punch so hard that it causes the earth to erupt). This can either be done around you (while keeping the uppercut as PBAoE), or centered on the target (changing the uppercut part to be centered on the target, as I'm sure it was intended to).​​
    edited June 2018
    Yeah this Ultimate doesn't feel MIGHTY at all, No unique animation neither, not excited with it
    Just i said, it's literally a clone of 100 hands! just why?
    i doubt the feedbacks will be taken seriously so we are going to get stuck with another ultimate with lame animation... and we were doing good with them
    aiqa wrote: »
    Can Vorpal Blade get the threat adv please.
    I SECOND THIS ^​​
    Not much a thing of "listen".

I did PM my concerns to Kaiserin and she said they are a lil bit constrained with time and can probably only make small tweaks to the animation. They have the intention, they just lack the time.​​
    edited June 2018
    Some parses with the new Reaper's Embrace advantage. No AOs, no Devices. Justice all R9 mods, slicer gloves.

I did two tests, in this one I waited until I have 5 stacks of bleed before I RE'd
    mwUblB6.png

In this one I did 1 combo of Reaper's Caress and then RE'd no matter how many bleeds were there
    oGMulpB.png

The second parse has a clear lead on dps. So the new advantage means you can do a standard combo > finisher rotation with RE and don't have to keep track of how many bleeds you have on your target, which is good for cosmics and any other situation where the target will have lots of debuffs/other people's bleeds.

What's really neat is I was hitting 44k RE ruptures on the first parse.
    lezard21 wrote: »
    Anywho, as others have pointed out the power does not feel Might-y at all, but can probably do so with some minor tweaks:
    ​​

Unless they're planning to fold "Speedster" powers into Might :3c
    Speeding Might
    Not bad
    edited June 2018
    When you think about it a bunch of extremely fast punches/kicks/whatever would not be out of place in Might. They would be the kind of "brute" attacks you would expect from Might, just really really fast. Like some untrained lug flailing his limbs around at hyperspeed.
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    Bugs:

-Deflect Rank 2's Tooltip either does not update or Deflect Rank 2 does nothing.
    -Reaper's Caress's Cleanse advantage seems to be able to heal without the user needing to be bleeding or poisoned.
    -Swift Strike's Subtlety of the Tides advantage references Crashing Wave Kick instead.

Suggestions:

-Tornado Slash could see use in a mass Knock-to or Knock-down advantage.
    -Laughing Zephyr could make use of an Evasive Maneuvers-like advantage, allowing it to provide dodge bonuses to the user.

All-in-all, I think it's a pretty neat update. It's not as impacting as I was expecting, but it works. The ability to trade effects for others via advantages is neat, but I feel that the same opportunities should be allowed for more powers in order to increase synergies across the different sets. Perhaps not as forceful as Heavy Weapons and Fire has been made. I would definitely enjoy seeing more cross-set synergies available. Perhaps seeing Single Blade become Lightning oriented by applying Negative Ions instead of Clinging Flames with its advantages may make for an interesting combination in addition to adding more advantages to more powers to make the possibly synergy more apparent, such as Negative Ions applied on full charge of Scything Blade or Negative Ions refreshed by Dragon's Bite. Of course, in this case, I would vouch to remove the idea of "taking away" bleeds since Negative Ions does not deal damage over time. Otherwise just adding more advantages to make the intended synergy more apparent would be nice.

In the future, when a Fighting Claws revamp rolls around, I would enjoy seeing it synergize with Poison. If Single Blade isn't to be the Lightning-synergy set, Dual Blades can definitely take up that position. Its power names are already weather-based and has plenty of AoE capacity that allow it to become a neat idea to mix with Electricity and Wind to allow a player to become a storm of bladed fury.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • theultimaxtheultimax Posts: 57 Arc User
    Costume Transformations

Power Changes
    Specializations
    The Best Defense

Aggressive Stance

​​

Can we at least have Aggressive stance be more in line with the Best defense by giving a larger amount than just 20%? Can't it be something like 50-100% ?
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    The biggest changes from the specs are hitting tanks. It's a pretty big hit, I did a 10 minute test of tanking dino with a healer, and you really have to be on point, no late blocking, no missing blocks on breath ticks. The debuff is far more brutal than it was. Dmg went down quite a bit too, so you'll need to be a bit more aggressive when possible to keep that aggro rolling.
    [NbK]XStorm
    nbkxs wrote: »
    The biggest changes from the specs are hitting tanks. It's a pretty big hit, I did a 10 minute test of tanking dino with a healer, and you really have to be on point, no late blocking, no missing blocks on breath ticks. The debuff is far more brutal than it was. Dmg went down quite a bit too, so you'll need to be a bit more aggressive when possible to keep that aggro rolling.

Bear in mind, this is if you keep Warden/Vindicator.

Protector/Warden does not face this issues, since it was already more tanky than Warden/Vindicator in exchange for lower damage. RIght now Warden/Protector and Warden/Vindicator might be kinda on par damage wise, with Protector/Warden edging over it defense wise.​​
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    Catastrophic Pummeling
    https://youtu.be/RlYS5hnoDzA

Nah bro, that's All Might!!!! =)
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    So checking what the effect is on a wardicator tank.
    Live: offense 510.4 (16%), defense 480.2 (113%)
    PTS: offense 203.9 (7.4%), defense 384.2 (90%)
    For attacks that cannot crit, this is a 7.5% dps loss. For attacks that can crit, it's typically 5.7%

Checking defense at 6 stacks defiant:
    Live: You lose 480 (1500) Fire Damage from Blue Beam.
    PTS: You lose 513 (1500) Fire Damage from Blue Beam.
    That's about a 6.4% reduction in toughness.

This may well push me to another spec tree, but it's not going to kill me even if I don't change it.
  • The defensive nerf resulting from spec changes doesn't affect raw defense by much BUT is multiplied during blocking. This results in an exponentially reduced dmg resist during a block which will make tanking cosmics with this close to impossible.
    edited June 2018
    The defensive nerf resulting from spec changes doesn't affect raw defense by much BUT is multiplied during blocking. This results in an exponentially reduced dmg resist during a block which will make tanking cosmics with this close to impossible.

Statements need to be supported by facts. Please post a combat log or parser that supports this claim.

But in the wild chance scenario this statement turned out to be true (spoiler: it's not, I've been solo tanking on Live with a Protector/Warden tank and a Sentinel Mastery/Warden tank, and @gentlegiantvexx has been tanking with every possible Sentinel Mastery spec combination possible), the cosmics were never meant to be solo tanked at all, hence why their main attack damage splits.

People managed to up their game and push their limits into being able to solo tank them with different varieties of builds and the devs were cool about it and let players have that possibility, and we will still have it after this changes.​​
    It's not impossible, I ran a 10 minute dino test without changing anything with my tank, and one healer. I didn't have much problem staying alive at all, provided that I was very on point, and didn't miss a tick of block on the breath.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • poptartmaniac#8493 poptartmaniac Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    The defensive nerf resulting from spec changes doesn't affect raw defense by much BUT is multiplied during blocking. This results in an exponentially reduced dmg resist during a block which will make tanking cosmics with this close to impossible.

Statements need to be supported by facts. Please post a combat log or parser that supports this claim.

But in the wild chance scenario this statement turned out to be true (spoiler: it's not, I've been solo tanking on Live with a Protector/Warden tank and a Sentinel Mastery/Warden tank, and @gentlegiantvexx has been tanking with every possible Sentinel Mastery spec combination possible), the cosmics were never meant to be solo tanked at all, hence why their main attack damage splits.

People managed to up their game and push their limits into being able to solo tank them with different varieties of builds and the devs were cool about it and let players have that possibility, and we will still have it after this changes.​​

What I meant is, when you are solo tanking with wardicator, sure we can use the other alternatives, but people like wardicator for it's severity and stuff, this will limit us a bit more, however, I asked Kaiserin politely, and she replied that cosmics aren't meant to be solo tanked, and to tank with a soak if you use the loop, which is VERY valid reasoning and I'll accept it.

Edit: i'm sure you can still solo tank with it if you have defiant and/or a lot of HP which is alright
    still I think this will limit our options more, but for the reason above I can accept it.

I only wish people would soak tank instead of the whole aggro war and insulting eachother and stuff :(
    like a veteran cosmic tank stealing aggro from someone who's learning (purposely) mind you, then saying "because I can." but you know that's always been an issue, and this doesn't change it so eh, whatevs.

It doesn't really limit the options at all, I was still able to do it just fine. You just have to pay very close attention to everything that's going on, and make sure you're not missing blocks. The only one place where I can see this maybe being a slight problem, is if ape pushes you back into that fire river after he breathes. That thing does a LOT of dmg. And the healers are usually occupied with dodging lava of their own for a couple of seconds while that happens. Best to save resurgence for this situation; it does happen rather frequently.
    [NbK]XStorm

I only wish people would soak tank instead of the whole aggro war and insulting eachother and stuff :(
    like a veteran cosmic tank stealing aggro from someone who's learning (purposely) mind you, then saying "because I can." but you know that's always been an issue, and this doesn't change it so eh, whatevs.

Actually this does change it a bit. Previously Wardicator outperformed all other tanking builds, so now that the meta will hopefully diversify a bit, the stupid threat tug o' war can end.​​
    theultimax wrote: »
    Can we at least have Aggressive stance be more in line with the Best defense by giving a larger amount than just 20%? Can't it be something like 50-100% ?

Vindicator is a dps spec. In fact it is the "Pure DPS" spec. It shouldn't necessarily even have something that raises your defense, much less a lot. It sure as hell shouldn't have been one half of a leading tank spec. 50-100% is absurd when you consider this.
    edited June 2018
    Uuuuum this is probably the worst time to post something size related but

The afterimage does not scale with size and it looks odd :3​​
  • screwthisprocessscrewthisprocess Posts: 186 Arc User
    The pummeling power looks awesome.
    The afterimage does not scale with size and it looks odd :3​​

That's your stand.
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    If Master of the Mind can have a large Astral version of your toon, the afterimage of the new ult should have the same effect.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    edited June 2018
    Suggestion
    If Pummeling's mantain duration is staying as it currently is (5-6 seconds long) consider giving it a similar resistance to hold effects as Fury of the Dragon

- It would make sense since you are going "ORA ORA ORA!" on your enemies ****, so a puny hold shouldn't be enough interrupt your unstoppable rage :D
    - It would add a bit of uniqueness to the Ultimate, cause honestly Ultimates need to have more uniqueness to them than just "Does damage good and applies x debuff".​​
  • cannotdenycannotdeny Posts: 23 Arc User
    Does Strength Specialization's Juggernaut still function with Wardicator, or will it not apply the hefty bonus into offense from that?

And honestly, this bug fix is simply weakening a spec that was not performing too well regardless. Hybrids were never too great to begin with, but I personally enjoy playing a jack of all master of none with an AOPM Wardicator build. My already low damage reduction that relied on defense's innate bonus opens me up to get shredded even more by mobs in solo scenarios, and the complementary offense boost to prop up my character a bit from having no damage passive gets a hefty loss.

Going from sub-par survivability and DPS to even weaker survivability and DPS. This "bug" has been in play for quite a few years, and Wardicator wasn't the end-all-be-all build. Please consider buffing the specialization somewhat, this both allows the loop to be removed (thus no longer causing so much engine instability) and will keep the spec decent instead of having everyone retcon it.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    cannotdeny wrote: »
    Going from sub-par survivability and DPS to even weaker survivability and DPS.
    That's a side effect of hybrid AoPM being bad, it's not really a function of wardicator.
  • leuchadegoutiereleuchadegoutiere Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    On a side note, due to these changes, it happens Distinguished set loses its tanky gear purpose. You get overall better values with virtuous, both on offensive and defensive side. I don't know if it's intended or overlooked.

I'll try to provide some numbers.

So, here they come. You have to consider that Virtuous also has better crit chance and severity by around 10% each, and 30% better KB resists.

First, with Ego/Warden/Vindicator spec :

Distinguished (86% resistance, 17% damage) :
    https://gyazo.com/da9ade05755aba39aa62c53d032cfff4

Virtuous (75% + 10% resistance, 13% damage) :
    https://gyazo.com/60918f1a96cb94ec869b83adf511d774

Now, with Ego/Warden/Protector :

Distinguiched (88% resistance, 16% damage) :
    https://gyazo.com/70dda985ca99c3133cd819d9460abc7e

Virtuous (80% + 10 % resistance, 12% damage) :
    https://gyazo.com/a4239c179e90f16ffffda2194e137203
    Post edited by leuchadegoutiere on
    @Leucha - Cascade, Praise, Gluh, Sanglots, Chernozem, Saadhaka, Ralsershei, La Lice, Cardinale and so on
    Does Strength Specialization's Juggernaut still function with Wardicator, or will it not apply the hefty bonus into offense from that?

Juggernaut's defense does not come from gear, so Best Defense will no longer interact with it.
    And honestly, this bug fix is simply weakening a spec that was not performing too well regardless.

Yes, that's why this spec was the meta for the past few years, because it was "not performing too well". Come on really?

Keep in mind that Vindicator is a "Pure DPS" spec, and somehow ended up being one half of a dominant tanking spec combination.
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    BUG: Swallowtail Cut seem to consider itself as Bleed instead of it own. The combatlog/parse indicate that it Bleed with no indication of Swallowtail Cut any where.
    Bug

Slash :

- Advanced description says the bleed chance are doubled if character is affected by Focus while the general description doesn't. Dunno which one is right.

@Leucha - Cascade, Praise, Gluh, Sanglots, Chernozem, Saadhaka, Ralsershei, La Lice, Cardinale and so on
    edited June 2018
    Actually this does change it a bit. Previously Wardicator outperformed all other tanking builds, so now that the meta will hopefully diversify a bit, the stupid threat tug o' war can end.​​

That is hugely unlikely. Tanks fighting over agro is not caused by a offense/deffense loop.

Also, there will always be some optimal setup, and people will just copy that. Until something crystallizes there might be some more opinions, but after the optimal setup has been established nothing will have changed accept that many builds will be a bit weaker.

The main thing this change will do is make defiance even better compared to other defensive passives, so it's not even clear it will improve diversity in the short term.
    aiqa wrote: »
    The main thing this change will do is make defiance even better compared to other defensive passives.

I agree, I had to go back to Defiance from PFF. While it was managable to tank cosmics with the loop, I made tests on PTS a while ago and it became uncomfortably dangerous with a ~25% drop in resistance.
  • johnystelar1johnystelar1 Posts: 67 Arc User
    BUG: Reaper's Embrace rupture effect cannot be dodged.
    The more I think about it the less I like the player facing consequences for tanking of fixing the defense/offense loop. Now if it came with a rework to defensive passives, block replacers and CoPD (or just tank resistance in general) it would be a lot better. But without those I think it will make the game worse (not counting the server stuff).
    edited June 2018
    On a side note, due to these changes, it happens Distinguished set loses its tanky gear purpose. You get overall better values with virtuous, both on offensive and defensive side. I don't know if it's intended or overlooked.
    Oh the Irony
    and people wanted those SPECs fixed so Distinguished can be better for Tanking :grimace:
    That's hilarious
    Not much a thing of "listen".

I did PM my concerns to Kaiserin and she said they are a lil bit constrained with time and can probably only make small tweaks to the animation. They have the intention, they just lack the time.
    Of course they will.. of course (they won't)

I have no hopes that the ultimate will change, the damage was already done, and thanks to the stupid Nemesis Alert and the Gold Sub shanenigas, the powerframe revamp scendule has been postponed making us being 1 powerframe behind

If we got this update during the actual scendule with the Buccaneer lockbox, this thread could be for dual blades or fighting claws instead (which both overperforming)​​
    Deals ranged damage in a cone.
    Has a chance to apply bleed and stun to targets.
    Advantage(2): No longer stuns. Now has a chance to apply Mental Leech.
    Advantage(2): No longer applies bleed. Now has a chance to apply Chi Flame.
    What animation does this power use?
    From the description i imagine it use the Vorpal Blade animation while unleashing shockwaves​​
This discussion has been closed.