To be more specific I'd like to know what are the common powers present in every melee powerset that has been reviewed, so I though in a basic list for this purpose.
What I've seen so far is this:
1. Energy Builder with and adv that can apply the inset DoT/Special debuff of sets for example Bleed/Ego Leech
2. AoE Combo power which can deal damage in close combat (10ft) and midrange combat (25ft) that can apply the compatible damage resistance debuff which are also a Tier 0 power
3. A chain/whip/lariat power that pulls an enemy to your hero and has a lot of handy advs like refreshing a DoT/partially add 10 seconds to dmg resist debuff, restoration ,etc
4. An AoE pull (Cyclone type powers) which can potentially have useful advantages shared among them like Vortex Technique (Knock Towards + Furious), Stand your Ground (+200% Knock resist), Challenge!
5. A very powerful single target attack that deals +30% base damage to enemies affected by certain debuff OR the classic "Consumes X debuff to deal an additional X damage type" a.k.a. Ruptures/Detonation/etc
6. An energy unlock that procs from the compatible debuffs of the set or meeting certain criteria with the common Rec/End scaling which grant energy over time buffs.
7. A Form that uses signature inset mechanics and tend to be not cross framework friendly
8. A lunge with thematic advantage(s)
9. A thematic block power which might have a useful advantage to boost knock resistance or another things like applying debuffs/DoTs
10. A lockbox ultimate with varied effects. Note that this doesn't always apply for example we have the Mech Monstrosity from Gadgets in the Spider Lockbox but said powerset haven't been updated yet.
11. An AoE which deals damage in a circle and can get access to a 3 adv point to apply a dmg absorption shield (like Eye of the Storm)
12. An AoE which can Knock Down/Knock up enemies in the air and have advantages that partially refresh the duration of the dmg resist debuff as well the DoT debuff (for example Lightwave Slash/Inexorable Tides)
13. A single target Stun which has access to the Trauma adv (reskins of Brute Strike).
Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here