Install Arc
Options

Discussion Thread: Power Changes

Comments

• Options
    eviltwintwoeviltwintwo Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Burning Chi Fist
    Removed Fists of the Righteous Flame advantage. This advantage has been moved to Intensity.

So...you removed the extra damage and moved it to a buff power with a long cooldown. Anyone who used this for the extra damage now has no reason to use it. I suppose it didn't fit with the new mechanics, but still....

New Advantage (2): Instead of applying Chi Flame to targets, you now apply a burst of energy in a area effect, knocking nearby targets to you.

How is this helpful at cosmics? But I guess you don't have to take it.

-----
    Thundering Kicks
    Fixed a bug where the dodge buff could fall off if you blocked too quickly.

That's great! But...don't Ego Sprites have the same problem? Good riddance to the problem for Thundering Kicks, though.

Changed the dodge buff so it wouldn't reduce in effectiveness against high level targets.

Why did it do so in the first place? Don't high-level targets do high-level damage? Same thought for the advantage.

Reduced the duration of the dodge buff to 10 seconds (from 15).

I want to go on record as saying, this change is stupid. 15 seconds is short enough.

This power is now an area effect.

Why? AoE's are not preferable in all content. MA already has AoE's.

New Advantage (3): Reduces the cooldown on your healing abilities by 2 sec whenever you complete this combo.

The reduction on heal cooldowns could actually be interesting. The advantage being 3 points is not. There should not be any 3-pt advantages. 2 points already prevents you from getting rank 3; there aren't many 1-pt advantages to begin with. All this will do is prevent anyone who takes the advantage from using Challenge. What's the point? The third point could be better spent somewhere else.

Floating Lotus Blossom Advantage
    Reduced the duration of the buff to 10 seconds (from 20).
    Reduced the stack limit of this buff to 10 (from 20).

Are you trying to kill dodge tanks?

Renamed the buff to Quick Maneuverability.

Completely pointless.

This buff now stacks whenever you use a melee attack, instead of only applying while using Thundering Kicks.

Good idea! But will it work with the short-duration buff?

-----

Crashing Wave Kick
    New advantage (2): Refreshes a portion the duration of your Demolish debuff.
    New advantage (2): Refreshes the duration of your Chi Flame effect.

Two refresh duration advantages? Well, it gives you options. The second one allows you to take one power that applies Chi Flame and refresh it no matter the cooldown on the applying power. I like options, so this actually sounds good.

Subtlety of the Tides Advantage
    Ebb and Flow no longer provides a Dodge bonus.
    Slightly increased Avoidance bonus on this buff.
    Reduced the stack limit of this buff to 10 (from no limit).

Only avoidance, huh? I don't really think it was that big a buff (per stack I mean), so maybe not an issue. Not sure why it had unlimited stacks since everything else in the game does not--maybe it didn't last long enough? Someone else would have to say, I'm not sure about that part. The dodge being removed still sounds like a "Let's kill dodge tanks!" thing, but we'll see.

-----

Well that's probably long enough. It's the usual--some of it sounds good/could be boss, some of it could break the set. Likely, it'll be better in some ways, not as good in others; but not extremely this way or that. I am worried about dodge tanks, though.

EDIT
    Almost forgot--just a comment on Strong Arm being removed. Physical damage uses strength in real life; maybe powers that have you throwing a physical object should operate on Strength or Ego, whichever is higher.
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    It's difficult to tell how whether dodge tanks have been nerfed and how hard at the moment because of the bugged stacks, but I suspect it might only be marginal.
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    sterga wrote: »
    Pretend Jaaz said "a sense of pride and accomplishment". That's what the winky face is for.
    I know, but I still felt like I should touch upon it because some people (for whatever reason) seem to legitimately subscribe to the notion that more buttons to push really is better.
    sterga wrote: »
    The only place this would be useful is at Cosmics with soak tanks. New encounters making it the worst idea to stand near the tank. And since soak tanks aren't a thing (AND SHOULDN'T BE / no bright ideas) in the entire rest of the game, that makes Gifts of the Storm all sorts of lame.
    That's actually what I was alluding to when I said that only tanks would get proper use out of it. It really is a bad advantage now even if it has been improved. I skipped it before and I'll continue to skip it.
    draogn wrote: »
    I'm not sure why someone at full health would use a self heal, that would put BCR on a 12 sec cooldown during which time the player might actually need it. Healers generally have enough things to pay attention to. I doubt looking for the tiny buff icon on a player using the games terrible interface is going to make it onto that list.
    BCR lasts long enough that it can maintain nearly 100% uptime. The only real argument for not using it at full health has to do with the damage penalty it imposes.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    Suggestion
    Change the Damage type of Shuriken Storm to Slashing damage please

Suggestion
    About Shuriken throw: Change the Serrated Edges adv to apply Open Wound instead of a 10% Bleed chance and change the Poison Shuriken to apply Viral instead of the 10% Deadly Poison chance please.

Suggestion
    About Bladed Cyclone, please make it Disorient foes instead of Snare them and give it the Vortex technique advantage
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • Options
    lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    I'm quite interested (and have been waiting for them for a while) about these changes, though some of it bugs me:

- Dragon Kick still seems useless, the avoidance boost barely changes anything due to DR, so you're left using it for the AoE damage, though you have other powers that do the same job. The power looks really cool and I was hoping it'd be of more use.

- Subtlety of the Tides is very much useless now. The avoidance boost is way too small and it all expires upon dodging. Both Lotus Blossom and this advantage seem only useful if you have something that hits a lot of times, and in the case of Lotus Blossom, for a dodge tank you're losing some guaranteed dodge buff that lasts 10 second for this, meaning if you have to block more than one hit, the second hit will have you at less than the desirable 100% dodge chance, likely.

- Thunder Kicks dodge buff not disappearing on block is heavenly, but 10 seconds is far more risky. If you do any other attacks that aren't TK, you might end up having to block for too long (think Dino mom and baby chaining their bubbles) and suddenly you're in high danger without your 100% dodge chance.

I haven't tested the DPS-side of Unarmed, but the set seems more interesting to use, thankfully.
    I'm also very hopeful that you all eventually work into making kick powers, even if it has to wait for the month after the release of the current touches. I'd also actually be very happy to wait weeks to launch both the current changes and the kick powers together if needed.

Suggestion
    Mostly fruit for thought, but you can think of nerfing part of Lightning reflexes avoidance boost, make TK's dodge buff not scale on rank level, then make Subtlety of the Tides as well as Lotus Blossom not expire upon dodging and, finally, make the avoidance boost on Dragon Kicks and Subtlety actually matter, so that a dodge tank has more reasons to attack, rather than only needing a buttload of dex, Thunder Kicks R3 and Parry's advantage.

Of course, this is a rather dangerous thought, it would have to be really well dealt with. You would also need to make these advantages only stack once per 0.5s, to avoid having something like One Hundred Hands maxing you out in a second.

Maybe what I am saying I wouldn't even actually like in game, I just don't like the ignorable avoidance boosts and I am aware that a dodge tank can sometimes be pretty easy to play, where the others would need to keep blocking to survive.

The dodge tanks are the only tanks that seem to need specific powers to be able to even function, while a Defiance tank or Invulnerability tank can be used with most trees, so maybe we could have some other powers that also add dodge chance with the very same buffs (so to avoid stacking, cause then that would be plenty easy for 100% dodge chance).
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Form of the Tiger

• Removed Rage of the Beast advantage. A new version of this advantage has been moved to Intensity.
    • Changed default hue.
    ​​
    Something I forgot to mention and since you are tweaking this power now might be a good time.

Both Form of the Tiger and the 3rd strike from Viper's Fang use the wrong color palette for Energy Claws (haven't tested if it affects other claws as well, but most likely, since it appears the game switches the 2nd color with the 4th)

Actual claw color

Color when toggling Form of the Tigger and using last hit of Viper's Fang.
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Testing Storm's Eye Prana real quick. CD-based stuff it does and doesn't work for:

Vala's Light = yes
    BCR = yes
    Palliate = yes
    Conviction = yes
    Illumination = no
    Expulse = no
    Pillar of Poz = yes
    CoRG (replacing) = no
    Radiant sigils = no
    Moonstruck = yes
    Resurgence = yes
    Field Surge = no
    Mental Leech = no
    self-reses (any) = no
    Ascension w/ adv = no
    Nova Flare = yes
    Absorb Heat = yes
    Elec Siphon = yes
    Holy Water = no

Holdout Shot w/ adv = no
    Soul Vortex w/ adv = no
    Fissure w/ adv = no
    etc.. heals only gained via special advs = no

Most of it makes sense, though perhaps Illumination, Holy Water, and Expulse (even if its cd is short) should also work w/ SEP.
    I suspect for Illum and Holy Water its cause they have a dmg version, but it'd still be nice. Arguable to also add in replacing CoRG for the AoE heal and the Radiant sigils.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Parse with the fixed demolish.

Bug:
    Rush regularly fails to proc, that is a not a new bug but much more noticeable now that you don't spam the dragon power.

Suggestion:
    - Make rush proc at >75% charge.
    - Let the "Upper Hand" spec work with Chi Flame
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Devastating Strike is very very weak for single target damage, out of a crit I am getting.

Using Devastating Strike takes 2.5 seconds, so that is 17354/2.5=6941.6 dps. Even assuming you get 100% crit chance out of it, that is lower than just spamming the normal rotation.

Suggestion:
    - Remove the charge from Devastating Strike.
    - Lower the activation time on Devastating Strike top 1 second.

I don't like crits on most ultimate. In CO a crit does double the damage you get out of a non-crit, that is a huge rng on an attack you can use once per minute. I would prefer ultimates losing their ability to crit, and get damage scaling with crit chance and severity.
  • Options
    shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    What role is that, Tank or Melee?
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • Options
    qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    aiqa said:

- Remove the charge from Devastating Strike.
    - Lower the activation time on Devastating Strike top 1 second.

I kind of have to agree. I was comparing the Unarmed Ultimate for giggles and crap and using a build with no debuff, max focus stack, no MA mods of any kind, etc, it a tab bit weaker compare to Vorpal Blade and Vorpal Blade is active on click. Both are hit on crit. I would assume the chi debuff might make Devastating Strike more stronger. I was kind of surprise the new Fury of the Dragon does this much damage, but I guess it has to do with how you have to maintain the power while having the energy to use it, just like Showdown.

• Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,091 Cryptic Developer
    In the case of Devastating Strike the Charge/Activation time is there to suit the animation, and will not be changed.
    However, there is a bug with its damage formula currently, and the single target hits should be hitting for more.​​
  • Options
    Hey guys, please keep feedback specifically to the Unarmed powerset, this is not a general suggestion thread. Suggesting that the new ultimate doesn't crit is fine, but please keep something that would be a sweeping change across other sets to another thread.​​
  • Options
    chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
    Could I perchance request that 100 hands NOT be changed? or maybe instead of tacking the chi flame on there as it's default, put demolish on there by default, put the Chi flame deal as it's ADV, and just be rid of the clinging flame alternative since fire has nothing to do with this set anyway?
    edited January 2018

and just be rid of the clinging flame alternative since fire has nothing to do with this set anyway?

Eh, but that advantage is really cool. There's some neat stuff you can do with it. Also just tell yourself that your dumb robot is hitting stuff so fast that the friction lights them on fire o3o

Here's a thought mister punching robot man: Instead of asking for things to be removed, think up another version of that CF advantage, one that makes 100 hands apply something that isn't chi-flame that also doesn't have big floofy visuals!
  • Options
    and just be rid of the clinging flame alternative since fire has nothing to do with this set anyway?

I think that Adv makes sense for a Speedster character, and being able to apply Clinging Flames gives you good, new options for self-healing (Absorb Heat) and debuffs for extra damage. Now, if they give the Dragon powers Restoration as an advantage and make Burning Chi Fist consume Chi Flame for bonus damage, I'll be happy...
  • Options
    When you look at it, hitting someone with 100 fists at a time does make sense to set them on fire. :)
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • Options
    avalon#6604 avalon Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Bug
    Dragon Kick's ranks still don't hit in an Area of Effect. The AoE does work though if you take the Spectral Dragon Tail advantage.

Regarding Fury of the Dragon's Real Ultimate Power advantage, it doesn't make sense for it to still be applying Bleed now that the power doesn't do Slashing damage.

Suggestion
    Change Real Ultimate Power so that it applies either Clinging Flames, Fear, or Demolish. Turning it into a Threat adv also works I guess?

And please, PLEASE! Make Dragon Rush a 2pt Advantage. Dragon Kick's already mediocre compared to the other Dragon powers but this change completely ruined it imo.
  • Options
    pallas0001pallas0001 Posts: 157 Arc User
    My only feedback is that these changes are, sadly, underwhelming.

There was a lot of cool, interesting powers that could have helped the set and instead I just see minor tweaks and adjustments that are, in many cases, a step back, not forward.

• Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    Well the set does a lot more damage than before (as a Freeform). Happy that it's not mega gimpy like it used to be. Parses coming later once I have a chance to get some clean ones.

• Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Suggestion
    Add an advantage on Shuriken Throw that can apply Shred once every 15ish seconds.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    The damage for Devastating Strike seem to be much better now.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I am still very unimpressed with Devastating Strike.
    On the same DEX primary build I used for the parse, I am getting this.

Non-crit

Crit

Again that is over 2.5 seconds. Now the damage is nice if you are doing only crits, you'd get to almost 10k dps during the ultimate (which is still a bit low for an ultimate). But now consider the non-crit, lets say you do 50% crits (since that is what I do with other powers, and it makes the math very easy). That means you do an average of (24.2+13)/2=18.6 damage, and over 2.5 seconds that would be 7.44k dps. Of course the DoT has to be added which is about 450 dps and 10% from slicer gloves.

So all in all the dps during Deva Striknes would be about 8.5k. Again that is lower than, or about equal to, the average dps I was getting out of the normal rotation.

There is also something weird going on with the resistance debuffs, only the first crushing tick gets the full crushing resitance debuff.
    Post edited by aiqa on
  • Options
    blazer2001blazer2001 Posts: 109 Arc User
    Bug
    When you rank up Dragon Kick the sphere attack effect stops working, the tooltip of the power marks a sphere of 0ft for Rank2, for Rank3 the tooltip marks sphere of 10ft but it's not working when attacking mobs, also in Rank2 and Rank3 it's not applying the Stun debuff.

This is the tooltip for Rank1, which is correct and working:

This is the tooltip in Rank2, which is incorrect and NOT working:

I'm the ruler of the fire power.
  • Options
    The resistance thing on devatating strikes is resistance penetration (as usual).
  • Options
    aiqa said:

I am still very unimpressed with Devastating Strike.
    On the same DEX primary build I used for the parse, I am getting this.

Non-crit

Crit

Again that is over 2.5 seconds. Now the damage is nice if you are doing only crits, you'd get to almost 10k dps during the ultimate (which is still a bit low for an ultimate). But now consider the non-crit, lets say you do 50% crits (since that is what I do with other powers, and it makes the math very easy). That means you do an average of (24.2+13)/2=18.6 damage, and over 2.5 seconds that would be 7.44k dps. Of course the DoT has to be added which is about 450 dps and 10% from slicer gloves.

So all in all the dps during Deva Striknes would be about 8.5k. Again that is lower than, or about equal to, the average dps I was getting out of the normal rotation.

There is also something weird going on with the resistance debuffs, only the first crushing tick gets the full crushing resitance debuff.

Try with Str prime, Dex stacking. It might be better there, but I don't know.
  • Options
    Optimal dps is not the issue. The issue is the ultimate having a similar dps as the normal rotation.

If you optimize things better so the ultimate does higher damage, that would also increase the damage of the normal rotation.
  • Options
    sigmaseven0sigmaseven0 Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    1. These changes to open palm strike are very similar to the changes I was advocating for on the forums a while back. If its not just a coincidence and the changes on pts are related to my previous post, I want to thank the devs for listening.
    2. aiqa, Thanks for your number crunching/analysis and I agree with your findings.

3. My personal thoughts on Devastating Strikes:
    My main is primarily MA based and I have been wanting a unarmed ultimate to replace UR for a long time. With that said, I wont be respecing into Devastating strikes for that following reasons.

A. Its damage is underwhelming for a single target attack.
    DS does similar damage to UR, but UR has a better aoe effectiveness. DS is a (mostly)single target power which means that I would mainly use it on high priority targets. With UR I can damage high priority targets and any mobs next to them. With DS I may have to switch targets and then travel to them just to begin to justify the use of the attack. This is why I suggest adding a lunge to the attack.

B. The power does not have a clear "build/combat purpose".
    The best powers solve some kind of combat/build problem. For a "build problem" example when steadfast was released, was a must get because it solved a problem with MA builds. Steadfast allowed me to do things that I couldn't do otherwise. DS lacks combat purpose because it doesn't solve any of the "combat problems" associated with melee dps. Its not a better single target boss killer than even many "non-ultimate" attacks. It doesn't provide any special utility that would be useful as a melee dps. This is a big problem because the mix of damage and utility is the hallmark of MA just like brute force is tha hallmark of might.

Suggestion:
    1. Increase the damage but prevent it from critting.
    (see aiqa)
    2. Add a lunge to DS as a QOL buff so that I can more easly use it on the target that needs it.
    (see A.)
    3. Add some kind of utility (buff,debuff,or status effect). I'm not sure what the best way is to add utility to this power but I'll take a shot in the dark and say add demolish.
    (see .B)
    Post edited by sigmaseven0 on

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
    2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    The ultimate is a multi-hit one, so it would have the crit formula (in my mind) for when you activate it, think of it as one of those maintain powers that occasionally crit during their use.

So I don't see how increasing the damage is a bad thing, especially for DPSing. Some ultimates would just do that, because of how you make your build to increase your damage of the powers in the set (including the ultimate). But then again, I don't know so *shrugs*
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited January 2018

Suggestion:

2. Add a lunge to DS as a QOL buff so that I can more easly use it on the target that needs it.

3. Add some kind of utility (buff,debuff,or status effect). I'm not sure what the best way is to add utility to this power but I'll take a shot in the dark and say add demolish.

These are the directions I would go in. Having an ultimate with a lunge would be superb--maybe even an extra-long lunge, like 80 feet.

Several ultimates have a good utility feature, like Overpower, threat gen, or something else.
    For example: if your target is subject to Chi Flames, you heal yourself and nearby allies with every hit of DS.

DS could be the "comeback ultimate": you are knocked away, heavily injured . . . but you triumphantly lunge back into battle and heal your team while delivering a series of attacks.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    Thank you devs for changing the damage type of Shuriken Storm!
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User

Suggestion

Replace Chi-flame with Nerve Damage. It does the same thing, but has a different effect. We already have so many different fire based sets and this would be a nice change for unarmed heroes who don't have super strength and don't utilize chi fire.

I like this idea.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    BUG: 100 hands w/advantage sometimes applies 2 stacks of Demolish. Also it applies Demolish without having to fully maintain the power.
  • Options
    theultimaxtheultimax Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Suggestion
    Replace Chi-flame with Nerve Damage. It does the same thing, but has a different effect

We already have so many different fire based sets and this would be a nice change for unarmed heroes who don't have super strength and don't utilize chi fire.
    Post edited by theultimax on
  • Options
    We'll be keeping with the naming on the current effects as to keep with the chi power/chi energy theme. We may change up the fx on Chi Flame a bit to be more flaming energy instead of a typical fire effect.​​
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

We'll be keeping with the naming on the current effects as to keep with the chi power/chi energy theme. We may change up the fx on Chi Flame a bit to be more flaming energy instead of a typical fire effect.​​

That'd be good :+1:

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    Bug
    Flaming Fists adv on 100 Hundred Hands
    Chi Flame is still applied, often instead of Clinging Flames
  • Options
    lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
    Wow. I didn't think you guys could make my MA toon anymore useless...
    Well i was wrong. Congrats! 20 second dodge adv down to 10? Really?
    I was so hopeful too. I stayed away for months, only to come back and see my toon dodge less, and do less damage. What was the point of this revamp again?

As i have said before... "What do you guys have against dodge/LR players?"
    smh
  • Options
    thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Suggestion: Add an advantage to Fire Breath to apply Chi Flame instead of Clinging Flames
  • Options
    sigmaseven0sigmaseven0 Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Suggestion:Make Devistating Strikes synergyze better with the MA framework.

1. Take the chi flame part out of the base power and move it to an advantage.

2. Add another advantage "kick boxer" that gives DS a bleed dot comperable to the chi flame DOT. This will make the power more useful to bleed users including single blade.

3. Add another advantage "pressure points" Adds penetration instead of dot. This would be useful for those who don't want dot (like stealth users). This will also also help emphasize the "boss killer" role that high damage single target attacks tend to occupy, since most bosses sport higher resistance.

4. Add advantage "speedster". When activating DS you get a temporary movement speed buff. Like 100 hands, players are likely to thematically repurpose DS for speedster themed builds. This advantage is designed as a nod to them.

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
    2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
  • Options
    Bug
    Righteous Fists / Vicious Strikes
    Drunken Master advantage does not seem to be applied, no effect on Dodge or Avoidance when the power is used
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Regarding damage on ultimates. I think the best way to balance that is to decide on how much damage they should add on top of your normal rotation.

That means for an ultimate that has a very low activation time (like Pandemonium) you only have to consider the damage you want to add. For others like Devastating Strike you also need to compensate for the time you lose for doing your normal rotation.

So assuming melee dps should be doing about 9k dps (depending on setup, out of set stuff, devices, etc), devastating strikes should be doing an average of 9*2.5+X damage, where X is the amount of damage an ultimate should be adding. So lets say an ultimate should add about 10k damage (arbitrary number, but seems quite reasonable), Devastating strikes should be doing about 32.5k damage all in all. The DoT and Slicer Gloves lower that to a requirement of about 29k on Devastating Strikes itself.

Remember that is average damage. Given how crits work in CO, and using the build I used for testing earlier, that would be about 29*2/3=19.3k for a non-crit and 29*4/3=38.7k for a crit.

So in my opinion Devastating Strikes needs a buff of somewhere between 75 and 85%.
    Post edited by aiqa on
  • Options
    yeah...it ain't getting a buff that big - you'll be lucky to get 15%...or any, if the revamp is going live with today's patch​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Explain what part of my argument you disagree with?

Also it's not like "I'll" be getting anything. I am saying the power is to weak, not that I am to weak. And I am not even planning to use this ultimate.
  • Options
    Honestly, I tested the ult and got about 14-18k from that alone. And assuming something given a toggle ultimate like Pande doesnt mean everything has to be the same amount of damage.
    aiqa said:

Explain what part of my argument you disagree with?

Also it's not like "I'll" be getting anything. I am saying the power is to weak, not that I am to weak. And I am not even planning to use this ultimate.

The "you'll" was generally speaking of everyone as a whole, the collective term of "you"
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Honestly, I tested the ult and got about 14-18k from that alone. And assuming something given a toggle ultimate like Pande doesnt mean everything has to be the same amount of damage.

I am not comparing to Pandemonium. I am comparing to the normal rotation and assuming a certain amount of damage that you "should" get out of an ultimate.

18k damage over 2.5 seconds is 7.2 dps while you use the ultimate, that is lower than just spamming the normal rotation. So all in all I don't know what you're trying to say. Do you think that is good and an ultimate should lower your overall damage?
  • Options
    DS does similar damage to UR, but UR has a better aoe radius.
    UR is 15ft, DS last hit is 20ft.​​
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    Question, will these updates be released after most / all of Martial Arts has been reviewed?

I ask because there are some powers (Dragon's Claw) which still have Rush as a part of the power.
  • Options
    This is just a Unarmed pass. The other martial arts sets may be reviewed at later dates.​​
This discussion has been closed.