test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes 6/22/2017

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,090 Cryptic Developer
edited June 2017 in Release Notes
Alien Invader Lockbox
Our new lockbox is out! You can get the following items from the Alien Invader lockbox:
  • Cultros Loyal Sidekick
  • Mind Blink Teleport travel power unlock and device.
  • Ego Blade Pandemonium power unlock.
  • Anxious and Call for Help emotes.
  • Space Explorer Costume Box.

The Space Explorer Costume Box can drop the following costume pieces:
  • Alien Armor Helmet
  • Alien Armor Mask
  • Alien Armor Antennae
  • Alien Armor Tights
  • Alien Armor Arms
  • Alien Armor Body
  • Alien Armor Graspers
  • Alien Armor Leg Accessories
  • Alien Armor Foot Accessories
  • Alien Armor Claws
  • Futuristic Helmet
  • Futuristic Mask
  • Futuristic Tights
  • Futuristic Shoulders
  • Futuristic Transmitters
  • Futuristic Feet

Lockbox General Changes
  • Removed temp travel devices and Rank 7 catalysts as drops from the Booster III box from lockboxes.
  • Added Respite 3 or Energetic 3 mods as a default drop to the Alien Invader lockbox. Energetic mods grant energy when you defeat a target.
  • These mods are contained in a self opening box, so if you see a box appear and vanish in your inventory while opening an Alien invader lockbox it's the mod box opening itself.

UI
  • The Raid UI for open missions team up has been redone. This window can now by resized and moved around on your screen.

Red Winter
  • This alert now requires you to defeat the soldiers around the bosses to complete the first phase of the alert.
  • Increased the aggro radius of the bosses in the alert.
  • Fixed a bug where NPC Medical Nanites did nothing. This passive now provides a small flat number heal over time to the boss and nearby allies.
  • Soviet Guard's Rally power, which provides a damage boost to nearby allies, has a much higher priority on his attack list now. This means he'll try to use the power when it becomes available, instead of never using it.
  • The bosses in the alert now have unified power color tinting. Previously they used whatever the default color the power had.
  • Added healing to the scoreboard points.

Archetypes
New Archetype: The Psychokinetic
Ranged Telekinetic archetype.
  • 1 Kinetic Darts
  • 1 Telekinetic Strike
  • 6 Ego Form
  • 8 Telekinetic Burst OR Telekinetic Barrage
  • 11 Telekinetic Shards
  • 14 Mental Precision
  • 17 Telekinetic Lance OR Telekinetic Assault
  • 21 Telekinetic Shield
  • 25 Telekinetic Reverberation
  • 30 Telekinetic Maelstrom or Telekinetic Eruption
  • 35 Ego Choke OR Ego Hold
  • 40 Master of the Mind OR Ego Surge

Corrected diminishing returns on the Disciple.
New Disciple progression path:
  • 1 Ego Blade
  • 1 Ego Weaponry
  • 6 Id Mastery
  • 8 Ego Blade Frenzy OR Telekinetic Wave
  • 11 Ego Blade Dash
  • 14 Mental Discipline
  • 17 Ego Blade Annihilation
  • 21 Telekinetic Shield
  • 25 Telekinetic Reverberation
  • 30 Ego Blade Breach OR Telekinetic Shards
  • 35 Telekinetic Maelstrom or Telekinetic Eruption

Power Changes
Players who own a power in the Telekinetic framework will receive a respec. Many powers have been moved around this patch which may also trigger a forced respec. Please visit the powerhouse and double check.

Telekinesis
  • Updated tooltips for better clarity on what the powers actually do.
  • Stress, Fear, Dependency and Ego Leech are considered to be Mental States for power interaction purposes.
  • Adjusted many of the FX for better performance.
  • Added a Aura that enables Id Blades when equipped. This is intended as an option if you do not wish to purchase the Id Blade advantages. This aura can be found at the Legacy Aura vendor for 100 Questionite.
  • Fixed a bug where Ego Blades was using an outdated formula for how the Ego stat scaled its melee damage bonus. If you were invested in the Ego stat this change should show a significant damage increase for Ego Blade powers.
  • Dependency will no longer heal targets above 95% health. This will allow it to pick targets that can use the healing instead of healing the closest entity to the target.
  • Reduced max stack count of Dependency, Stress and Regret to 3. Their values have been adjusted to to keep with their total amounts. These buffs can now stack to 3 per user.

Kinetic Darts/Ego Blade
  • Incisive Wit: Changed this into a named buff called Id Surge which grants the user bonus to ego damage and a small amount of the ego stat.

Ego Weaponry
  • Now a cone power.
  • Made some timing adjustments to ego weaponry's double hit on the third attack so it hits when you visually hit the target.
  • Ego Leech's chance to apply is now guaranteed while affected by Ego Infusion.
  • Lowered the initial chances of applying Ego Leech.
  • Increased the activation time on this power's last hit to 0.83 (from 0.75). Damage has been adjusted for the activation change.
  • New Advantage: Adds a chance to apply the Stress debuff. This chance is increased if affected by Ego Infusion.

Ego Blade Frenzy
  • Now a pbaoe attack (from a cone).
  • New Advantage: Chance to apply the Dependency debuff to targets.
  • New Advantage: Grants you a shield while maintaining this power.

Ego Blade Breach
  • Lowered damage and cost slightly.
  • Reduced max charge time to 0.83 seconds (from 1.33).
  • No longer applies Ego Leech or a resistance debuff.
  • This power now refreshes all of your Ego Leech stacks.
  • Moved to Tier 2.
  • Domineering Will advantage: No longer stuns blocking targets. Now snares targets and knocks down when fully charged.
  • New Advantage: Refreshes the Stress debuff duration.

New Power: Ego Blade Astonish
  • Basic melee stun attack.
  • Advantage: Trauma.

Ego Blade Annihilation
  • Increased base damage and cost slightly.
  • Changed the activation and charge time for this power to 0.83 activation and 0.67 charge time. Damage and cost has been adjusted for this.
  • The Ego Infusion buff will now properly display on your character.
  • Fixed a bug where Ego Annihilation's rupture was scaling its damage off of Strength instead of Ego.

New Power: Ego Blade Pandemonium
  • Ultimate.
  • Toggle.
  • Deals damage in a small area around you.
  • Can be used alongside other attacks.
  • Critical Strike chance increases for every stack of Ego Leech.
  • Ranking up this power causes the blades to deal less damage individually, but causes the power to hit more frequently.
  • Advantage: Snares targets.
  • Advantage: Additional threat.

Telekinetic Assault
  • No longer deals escalating damage.
  • Moved to Tier 3.
  • Base damage increased. Cost increased.
  • No longer applies Ego Leech.
  • No longer gains crit chance based on Ego Leech stacks.
  • Gains bonus damage based on stacks of Ego Leech on you.

New Power: Telekinetic Strike
  • Tier 0 combo ranged power.
  • Has a chance to apply Ego Leech each hit. This chance becomes guaranteed if affected by Ego Infusion.
  • Advantage: Your critical damage will instead heal you instead of dealing additional damage.
  • Advantage: Chance to apply Stress each hit. This chance is increased if affected by Ego Infusion.

New Power: Telekinetic Barrage
  • Deals damage in a 10' sphere. 100ft range.
  • Chance to crit with this power increases based on your Ego Leech stacks.
  • Chance to apply Ego Leech to you.
  • Advantage: Chance to Stun targets based on your Ego Leech stacks.
  • Advantage: Chance to apply the Dependency debuff.

Telekinetic Lance
  • The Ego Infusion buff will now properly display on your character.

Telekinetic Burst
  • Now has a scaling chance to apply Ego Leech based on charge time. Previously it always applied Ego Leach on tap or charge.

Telekinetic Wave
  • Now has a scaling chance to apply Ego Leech based on charge time. Previously its chance was a flat amount on tap or charge.
  • Increased cooldown to 10 seconds (from 6).
  • New Advantage: Knocks targets towards you instead of back.

New Power: Telekinetic Shards
  • Deals damage in a 10' sphere. 100ft range. 10 second cooldown.
  • Knocks down your primary target.
  • Refreshes all of your stacks of Ego leech.
  • Advantage: Refreshes your Stress debuffs.
  • Advantage: Nailed to the Ground.

New Power: Telekinetic Lariat
  • Knocks target to you and applies a stack of Ego Leech.
  • Unlike other Lariat powers this power has no charge time.
  • Advantage: Gives you a small heal. Heals an additional amount if your health is low.
  • Advantage: Nailed to the Ground.

Telekinetic Eruption
  • Corrected the cost on this power as it was using an outdated formula. Cost has gone up a bit.
  • Now applies Id Surge when partially charged instead of the unnamed buffs. The effect of this buff scales with the rank of the power.
  • If charged less than a second, knocks down targets instead of back.
  • Added a cooldown of 10 seconds.
  • Now has a scaling chance to apply Ego Leech based on charge time. Previously its chance was a flat amount on tap or charge.
  • Enhanced Form Advantage: Now applies the Aegis buff when used, which increases resistance for a short time.
  • New Advantage: Gives you a small heal. Heals an additional amount if your health is low.

Telekinetic Maelstrom
  • Corrected the cost on this power as it was using an outdated formula. Cost has gone up a bit.
  • Slightly lowered damage to keep the overall cost down.
  • Corrected max charge for this power from 2 seconds to 1.83.
  • Now deals Ego Damage instead of Crushing.
  • Adjusted the rock FX to have psionic material to fit the ego damage type.

Ego Form
  • Moved this power to Mentalist shared.

Ego Choke
  • Garroting Grip Advantage: Now applies Fear instead of a unnamed debuff.

Ego Surge
  • Nimble Mind: No longer applies a scaling crit chance buff based on your con stat. Now applies an additional chance to crit with attacks based on the number of Ego Leech stacks you have.

Ego Reverberation
  • Renamed to Telekinetic Reverberation
  • Now scales off of Recovery and Endurance.
  • Now applies energy over time instead of in bursts.

Mental Discipline
  • Updated to use regular Form damage standards.
  • Applies Focus when you apply a Mental State effect.
  • Moved to Tier 1.
  • Change the activate animation and made different versions for Single or Id Blades.
  • Optimized the fx for this power.

New Power: Mental Precision
  • Ranged damage form that scales off of Dex.
  • Triggers when applying Mental State effects.

Master of the Mind
  • Moved to Mentalist Ultimates
  • Completely removed old transform effect. FX is unchanged.
  • This power is now a Active Ultimate.
  • An Active Ultimate places both Active Offenses and Defenses on a shared 90 second cooldown.
  • Can be used while held/confused.
  • 15 second duration.
  • 2 minute 30 second cooldown.
  • Applies breakout damage.
  • Grants Flight for the duration.
  • Gives you knock and mez resistance for the duration.
  • Gives you damage resistance for the duration.
  • Increases your chance to crit for each stack of Ego Leech on you.
  • Applies a stack of Ego Leech every second.

Other
Form of the Tempest
  • Updated the charge animation for this to be a dual blades version instead of unarmed.
  • Note: We are aware the Fist uses this Form. There will be some changes coming soon to this archetype that will give them a more theme suiting Form.

Mind Break
  • Will no longer rupture other user's stacks of Stress, Dependency or Regret.
  • Adjusted effects for new stack caps.

Sharp Shooter
  • Renamed the buff that Sharp Shooter grants to Precision.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Ugh. So we still have to get costumes in drips and drabs. Would have been nice to at least have the option to get all the pieces together. Sad to see that the unfortunate and unnecessary chance to the FotT animation went forward.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    I think its time for me to stop caring about Lockboxes costumes

Ego Blade Breach
    Lowered damage and cost slightly.
    Reduced max charge time to 0.83 seconds (from 1.33).
    No longer applies Ego Leech or a resistance debuff.
    This power now refreshes all of your Ego Leech stacks.
    Moved to Tier 2.
    Domineering Will advantage: No longer stuns blocking targets. Now snares targets and knocks down when fully charged.
    New Advantage: Refreshes the Stress debuff duration.
    Rest in freaking pieces Ego Blade Breach, you didn't deserve this​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    mawaynemawayne Posts: 82 Arc User
    Prior to the patch, I had Upload Teleport power unlocked. It no longer appears under my available powers. When the server went down for maintenance I was using a character that had the power slotted and now it is not in my list of available powers, so it only occurred with this patch.
    edited June 2017
    mawayne wrote: »
    Prior to the patch, I had Upload Teleport power unlocked. It no longer appears under my available powers. When the server went down for maintenance I was using a character that had the power slotted and now it is not in my list of available powers, so it only occurred with this patch.

Huh, going to investigate this.

Little Update: Seems it was removed from the travel list somehow. We're going to fix this. You haven't lost your unlock or anything.​​
  • Options
    duke3eyeduke3eye Posts: 22 Arc User
    We now have to kill ALL the enemies in RW to move on to phase 2... I've seen it fail enough (not as much recently but I see that changing) to know it's going to be ignored by more now.
    Also, why the piece meal costume sets? As mentioned above. It'd be nice to have some options.
    And yay. Another respec for the few toons who use mental powers.
    Any chance of some single player content in the future. AS much as I love the community, kind of tired of griefers making these forced team up OM's to fail. I'd like an escape if possible.

• Options
    Telekinetic Maelstrom
    Corrected the cost on this power as it was using an outdated formula. Cost has gone up a bit.
    Slightly lowered damage to keep the overall cost down.
    Corrected max charge for this power from 2 seconds to 1.83.
    Now deals Ego Damage instead of Crushing.
    Adjusted the rock FX to have psionic material to fit the ego damage type.
    Oh my god... those visuals are awful
    The default colour is wrong, it's more purple than pink

So my earth mage character is stuck with those Jelly rocks until EARTH gets a revamp
    Not happy about it in the slightest

at least the power doesn't cost Ultimate-levels of energy cost managment​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    mawaynemawayne Posts: 82 Arc User

Huh, going to investigate this.

Little Update: Seems it was removed from the travel list somehow. We're going to fix this. You haven't lost your unlock or anything.​​

Thank you for the quick reply!
    Rest in pieces TK powers you were once great and now your added to the crappy,broken, useless powers section.Most of the AO powers are crappy now Imbue 12% CS-CC garbage so really no power crits well now. Not really understanding that cuz the % on CC cant really get high enuff even with mods and the % is still crappy. The cost on Tk assualt is so bad and taking the ego leech off was horrible cuz it cant be maintain. Instead add it to the barrage which u may as well take instead cuz it keeps the leech. So my question is this why,why, why, continue to make these powers horrible, but make npc strong with buffs not understanding this your crippling the heroes. Need I say making this game as bad as DUCO with the making the heroes powers garbage.Stop thinking that adding a buff to every power will make it great cuz it doesnt.
  • Options
    ph0toncann0nph0toncann0n Posts: 113 Community Moderator
    edited June 2017
    R.I.P. meta Ego Surge, I internally cried over you for like five minutes until I got some sense knocked over my head. Ego Surge was a good AO, but there are still others which work just as well as it once did.

Imbue, Ice Sheath, and Lock 'n' Loaded are all three great AOs. r3 your AOs for optimal effects. Lock 'n' Load works based off of your crits, Imbue gets stronger the lower HP you have (which is why it's not my favorite, but still well usable), and I do not recall the benefits of Ice Sheath off of the top of my head, but it's still very well passing.

Most of my DPS will be using Lock 'n' Load, and one of my characters (Engel auf der Hölle) was using it before the update. Basically, it hurts to see Ego Surge go, but look at it this way: The alternatives have always been with us, and plus, if you were planning to retcon your character, here's a chance to!
    Post edited by ph0toncann0n on
    || Champion since Sept. of 2012 ||
    uD82dqy.png
    Endgame PvE - DPS Addict - Mature Roleplayer - Spectre - Storywriter - Perk Hunter - Altoholic - D.I.S.C.O.R.D.
    Engel auf der Hölle | Death Excell | Ebon Carcass | Orb Weaver Von Deo | Peridot
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    And here we have one more set failing victim to homogenization. Soon every powerset will lose its uniqueness.
    duke3eye said:

We now have to kill ALL the enemies in RW to move on to phase 2... I've seen it fail enough (not as much recently but I see that changing) to know it's going to be ignored by more now.
    Also, why the piece meal costume sets? As mentioned above. It'd be nice to have some options.
    And yay. Another respec for the few toons who use mental powers.
    Any chance of some single player content in the future. AS much as I love the community, kind of tired of griefers making these forced team up OM's to fail. I'd like an escape if possible.

The costume piece meal nonsense was supposedly done as an experiment. Though in reality it has more to do with key sales and nickel and diming players more.
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    I lost 1k+ dps on my top dps char with the Ego Surge revamp. I'm bitter about this, but I understand why. just gonna have to adapt to this. Maybe sacrifice some max hp to get back my dps. Stacking Con doesn't seem worth it now, unless you're using Wardicator spec. Probably gonna be a glass cannon now.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    saburfangsaburfang Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Then we all realised how much of a crutch the old ego surge+nimble mind was.

A long overdue nerf if I do say so myself
    Post edited by saburfang on
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Follow up on the missing Upload travel power: The emergency patch brought this power back into the travel trees. If you logged onto a character who used it while it was missing, the game should have refunded you your travel point and advantages. When you log back in you'll have to re-purchase the power.​​
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

I lost 1k+ dps on my top dps char with the Ego Surge revamp. I'm bitter about this, but I understand why. just gonna have to adapt to this. Maybe sacrifice some max hp to get back my dps. Stacking Con doesn't seem worth it now, unless you're using Wardicator spec. Probably gonna be a glass cannon now.

Pretty sure max dps builds are supposed to be glass cannons. My tank was getting +65% crit chance from ego surge, which is just silly.
  • Options
    kurskikurski Posts: 25 Arc User
    saburfang said:

Then we all realised how much of a clutch the old ego surge+nimble mind was.

A long overdue nerf if I do say so myself

Its not that it was the crutch its the fact it was the only real AO that added CC% you cant really get those numbers with other AO's even giving the All damage boost the nunbers suck cuz you dont get the burst damage. Yet you can call it what you want have fun trying to figure out a better DPs ohh wait you'll take dex and you still wont reach the numbers.
  • Options
    sekhmet46sekhmet46 Posts: 175 Arc User
    Much obliged to anyone willing to post costume pics :)
  • Options
    discordpopediscordpope Posts: 1 New User
    edited June 2017
    And again, another unique, interesting set laid flat with the nerfroller... made just as unremarkable an uninteresting as all the other melee..... plus nuking the only well working AO in the game... What's the goal here? Slightly Above Average Citizens that Bitterly Remember being Champions Online?
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Imbue is still good while not being bats--t crazy OP. 12% crit chance + 12% severity with zero pts invested? Yeah, that's still nice. Ice Sheath gives damage and only severity. Personally have been going with Imbue or Lock'n'Load if using expensive powers. Choice between good AOs actually exists now. Beefy, high DPS toons are not going away because ES/NM was nerfed. It's still possible and not particularly difficult.

There is still plenty of reason to invest in Con, you just don't get hilarious OP crit chance on top of it.

Haven't tried the new Ego changes, so can't say if it's full of sadness and failure. Bonus Questionite week isn't a good substitute for changing from ego scaling to dex scaling though.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    duke3eye said:

It's still a cakewalk. People usually killed most of the mooks anyways, so it's barely even a change. It's that old thing where people automatically kill enemies to make them stop shooting.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    tilartatilarta Posts: 291 Arc User
    Telekinetic Maelstrom
    I knew that was horrible news even before I went ingame to see how it changed:

I was using that power specifically because it pulled rocks from the ground, which suited the Earth Controller theme of this character.
    Now I've got to take it out because the damage type and material don't match the theme anymore.
    This character did not qualify for a respec token because of the changes, so I'm losing one of those as well.

In case the power gets a review pass later, add a 0 point advantage that restores the old version.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    kurski wrote: »
    Rest in pieces TK powers you were once great and now your added to the crappy,broken, useless powers section.
    Sure, there's some changes I greatly disagree with, such as Dex as the go-to stat for mind powers (lol?), framework-locked forms that offer very little to compete with more general ones, and energy unlocks that don't get along with anything outside their framework. Overall there's some silver linings:

1) Ego Blade Frenzy is now a proper PBAoE, making it more usable as a legitimate AoE attack. Its Dependency-stacking advantage is also changing the standards for how Dependency gets stacked. Before, it was slow to build, granting a single stack when powers like Soul Vortex or Mental Leech expired. Now it can build up much, much faster. Between that and the shield-building advantage, Ego Blade Frenzy can be used as a pretty solid defensive turtle AoE as well.

2) Ego Weaponry is now a cone, in line with other combos. I think this allows its Siphoning Strikes advantage to heal for a ton if it crits multiple enemies. Unfortunately, the ranged combo (TK Strike) gets no such benefit.

3) Telekinetic Lariat doesn't require any charge-up, making it the best single-target knock-to available currently.

4) Telekinetic Strike offers an interesting option as one of the very few ranged combos available in the game. It's just a shame combos are generally weak and have been stuffed into the weird role of Energy Builder 2.0.

5) While it's unfortunate that nothing outside of Telekinetic can interact with Ego/Telekinetic Reverberation in any way, at least the energy returns happen over time, requiring less continued attempts to trigger it overall.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    tilarta wrote: »
    I was using that power specifically because it pulled rocks from the ground, which suited the Earth Controller theme of this character.
    Now I've got to take it out because the damage type and material don't match the theme anymore.
    This character did not qualify for a respec token because of the changes, so I'm losing one of those as well.
    Welcome to the Club, i posted the same above about my Earth Manipulator
    Jello rocks are horrible
    tilarta wrote: »
    In case the power gets a review pass later, add a 0 point advantage that restores the old version.

Just to let you know, and everyone who asks for 0points ADVs

NEW 0 POINTS ADV WILL NEVER HAPPEN, we will never see new 0 points adv because they break the code, require more programing for a single power and affects the retcon system​​
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    This is really unfair, Range TK got so many new powers while Melee got barely nothing except of another stun-trauma cookie cutter and a dissapointing Ultimate
    Added a Aura that enables Id Blades when equipped. This is intended as an option if you do not wish to purchase the Id Blade advantages. This aura can be found at the Legacy Aura vendor for 100 Questionite.
    HOLD ON! Questionite Store?

Didn't you say the aura would be available in Club Caprice ventor for a fair Global price like the Fun-Nulify device?

That;s a really a VERY important device to lock behind Q store

Don't read and play after midnight​​
    Post edited by avianos on
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    avianos said:

HOLD ON! Questionite Store?

Didn't you say the aura would be available in Club Caprice ventor for a fair Global price like the Fun-Nulify device?

That;s a really a VERY important device to lock behind Q store​​

Um... did you look at the price? 100Q is pocket change.
  • Options
    Um... did you look at the price? 100Q is pocket change.
    Oh, Scratch that, I misread it as 100k Q (I blame myself)

Melee TK Blades still suck though​​
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Can we have option to buy these Full Costume Sets from C-store?
    To spend actual $'s rather than Made Up Currency G's...Or roll the Dice For Stuff.
    Like *I Can't Wait, Wan't It Now*
    My 2trillioncents
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    kaizerin said:

Alien Invader Lockbox

Archetypes

New Archetype: The Psychokinetic

Ranged Telekinetic archetype.

Corrected diminishing returns on the Disciple.

New Disciple progression path:

​​
    !BUG!

So the PTS doesn't override Live, those choices did not seem to catch on that side (listed on live, havn't tested if works)

• Options
    lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User

And again, another unique, interesting set laid flat with the nerfroller... made just as unremarkable an uninteresting as all the other melee..... plus nuking the only well working AO in the game... What's the goal here? Slightly Above Average Citizens that Bitterly Remember being Champions Online?

I agree. Do they hate melee?
    I mean they just about destroyed my LR MA toon with their over the top nerfing.
    Now this? What's the point? Make all melee unplayable?
    Why not make powers people want to use...
    smh

• Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    tilarta said:

Telekinetic Maelstrom

The devs have said repeatidly time and time again, that they will not add anymore 0 point advantages.

If anything, they might make an earth powerset version of this power. Which would be the ideal thing to do.
  • Options
    spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    avianos said:

So my earth mage character is stuck with those Jelly rocks until EARTH gets a revamp

at least the power doesn't cost Ultimate-levels of energy cost managment​​

tilarta said:

Telekinetic Maelstrom

I feel ya.
    It is a cheap, visually much inferior version of its former self and really, just unnecessary (‘TK-charged rocks’ – for which the original was perfect for – would’ve fit the dmg type change just fine). “Draws telekinetic constructs and flings”… I can’t even begin... just, ugh.:(

Tooltip should’ve been adjusted accordingly to jello or something like, pink potatoes that hit with carb damage. Fitting, considering how many people will be dropping this power like it’s a hot little potato. #PassTheSalt

Maelstrom my old friend, we’ve been together since day one, but I’m afraid we must now part ways. You will be missed. Now, if y’all excuse me, I think I got something in my eye…

• Options
    hugoguerrerohugoguerrero Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Aspect of the Bestial is NOT giving Enraged! stacks while Deep Wound is active

bug

As you can see in the image Wild Thing triggers after "trying" to apply a bleed effect from Shred attack, however Aspect of the Bestial doesn't give me a stack after trying to apply a bleed effect

@kaizerin
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    This update is full of bad news for me, I'm struggling to find anything positive about it

1) new lockbox with individual costume drops
    2) more powers in lock boxes
    3) Emotes in lock boxes
    4) one of the best Active Offensives nerfed to useless outside of it's specific powerset
    5) Red Winter made more annoying.

Over all it's like slap after slap to the face. I hope someone's pleased with this update because I sure am not.
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    I'm pleased that this update is actually good for my TK toons, overall. Especially my ranged TK toon.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    The new team up is kind of nice and it a plus that it works in Ramapage, but it would be nice if it had a transparency option, like the old team up.
  • Options
    spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    avianos said:

at least the power doesn't cost Ultimate-levels of energy cost managment

tilarta said:

Telekinetic Maelstrom

I feel ya.
    It is a cheap, visually much inferior version of its former self and really, just unnecessary (‘TK-charged rocks’ – for which the original was perfect for – would’ve fit the dmg type change just fine). “Draws telekinetic constructs and flings”… I can’t even begin... just, ugh.:(

Tooltip should’ve been adjusted accordingly to jello or something like, pink potatoes that hit with carb damage. Fitting, considering how many people will be dropping this power like it’s a hot little potato. #PassTheSalt

Maelstrom my old friend, we’ve been together since day one, but I’m afraid we must now part ways. You will be missed. Now, if y’all excuse me, I think I got something in my eye…

• Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User

Aspect of the Bestial is NOT giving Enraged! stacks while Deep Wound is active

bug

As you can see in the image Wild Thing triggers after "trying" to apply a bleed effect from Shred attack, however Aspect of the Bestial doesn't give me a stack after trying to apply a bleed effect

@kaizerin

Ofc it won't give you enrage, you have Deep Wound active. it prevents you from applying anymore bleeds.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    guyhumual said:

This update is full of bad news for me, I'm struggling to find anything positive about it

3) Emotes in lock boxes
    4) one of the best Active Offensives nerfed to useless outside of it's specific powerset

Over all it's like slap after slap to the face. I hope someone's pleased with this update because I sure am not.

I tried it, barely noticed any difference.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Ofc it won't give you enrage, you have Deep Wound active. it prevents you from applying anymore bleeds.
    This doesn't matter
    Using a bleed power with Deep Wound active counts as "Attempt to make the enemy bleed" which triggers the toggle and the EU

Now it stops triggering the Aspect of Bestial causing the form stacks to fall off
    previously it worked just fine but now its messed
    guyhumual wrote: »

3) Emotes in lock boxes

I feel you, I deeply feel you, this Update have left me SUPER SALTY and unsatisfied

1)The lockbox costumes are MEH, another sci-fi costume IN THE ROW, if you exlude the the special material there is not really something nice looking (Chest and Back Futuristic Transmitters) at least i believe there are fewer than the previous lockbox and most of them unlock at least 2 different costume parts
    2)The TK update flavour more range than melee damage
    3) BOTH NEW FORMS STACK WITH DEX, its called EGO blades, not DEX blades for pete's sake
    4) already spend 6 hours retconing characters, and my 2 mains (5 years old builds including my Discliple AT) will be stuck in Powerhouse, especially my range TK since now she has to rotated 4 powers to keep her original rotation (Stress+Ego Leech, TK assault, TK Lance and now a stress refresh)
    5)A Power i used on a non TK build about EARTH theme (TK maelstorm) got visually DESTROYED and now it's a big spam of Jello (Notice how my theme builds which use more than 2 powerframes get screwed up more...) also Ego Blade Breach was downgraded into utility
    6)Form of the Tempest force dual blade visuals on ALL the characters who use it... even on my single blade characters​​
  • Options
    So I have already reported this on the TK build, but Im going to post it here as well for people who are using the power

BUG: Lance Rain can no longer rapture Ego Leech

BUG!!: Fully charging Lance Rain can CRASH the game, from personal experience so far I got 3 crashes while testing the power on 2 different characters inside powerhouse

The crash usually happen after charging the power 3-5 times
    ​​
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Form of the Tempest
    Updated the charge animation for this to be a dual blades version instead of unarmed.
    Note: We are aware the Fist uses this Form. There will be some changes coming soon to this archetype that will give them a more theme suiting Form.

TIP: If you don't have imaginary weapon and can't wait for next year foxbatcon

GET [Energy Dagger] and colour it Pitch Black! It will turn invisible

Dagger is available in Foil Vouncher vendor​​
    Post edited by avianos on
  • Options
    friezalivesonfriezaliveson Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    If your goal was negate Telepathy dps because you are going to run Telekinesis, that isn't... "balance" lmao that's just stalling viability and indirectly saying "Hey guys don't worry, TK is still pretty much useless now that TK Assault can't crit-- oh and also
    Mind Break+TP DoTs sucks. Don't use them, use our crappier TK set with similar things that isn't as good :^)"

Mind Break
    Will no longer rupture other user's stacks of Stress, Dependency or Regret.
    Adjusted effects for new stack caps.

Is this a bug? Le Sigh well guys prepare for Lightning Powerset to disappear since certain individuals complained and well they got what they wanted. Praise the lord Kaiserin even though it was clear that CO was already oversaturated with gambleboxes and costume parts/sets which weren't nearly as impressive or different.

Let me remind you that the Dino checks are going to be impossible now-- even though Imbue is "cute" as much as Ice Sheath as like a finisher AO but to be quite honest with you, I prefer Ego Surge's crit silliness cuz even though it was cheese and broken, it got results and the job done. More than I can say for this joke of a update. So what's the point in advocating for game balance if the fun factors aren't there at this point, when nobody even cares (5 years late people still be mad but keep breaking the powersets tho). Doesn't change the fact that this game was abandoned for so long and now people want to bend over to whatever Kaiserin is doing. No amount of game balance is going to make this "fun" or make anything fun; you can have a balanced game but it be boring and dead only just letting more people abandon the game which you are doing a very good job at.
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    I'm wondering if the Disciple should have it's Primary SS switched from EGO ==> DEX. Seeing as the set interaction is very DEX reliant, it would make sense.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    The mind set of when you go into redoing powers is not how should I make them much more useless but how can I make them better. I am not understanding why make Tk assault not have the ego leech so that you can stack its like a maintain without a point. Took the adv of the leech and put it on that crappy Barrage which lol is just a tier 2 version of TK assualt but you cant move boo. Now someone mentioned Lock and load-Imbue lets get this right 1st off Imbue gives you 12 % CC and CS thats crap % lets be real dont act like those are huge numbers. Lock and load gives you 8% or 9% again please dont act like your doing big numbers with that. The fact is most AO's are crappy cause most really dont do anything big for your character. The only reason ego surge was so great was the crit damage it could produce even for plain builds wither it was for heals or a quick burst. So please stop telling me that this was great for the game cause it wasn't.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Also dont get me wrong some ego blade powers need the touch of love like weaponary which now is a great power cuz its a aoe. As far as some of the other powers Im not to keen on them being all that better I get they wanted to make players happy but sometimes reading comments help you in you quest to making powers great again. Dont be those kinda people who dont listen to feed back thats how games become useless ask DUCO.
    Post edited by kurski on
  • Options
    lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    The changes seem pretty good DPS wise if you can get over the Dex instead of Ego part. While I feel for anyone who lost their themes with TK maelstrom (and a little for Form of the Tempest users that aren't two-swords), I do not feel anything for anyone complaining about Ego Surge Nimble Mind.

While I myself would've preferred to make all AOs into that level, we're more than strong enough to not need such thing. You know the power is overpowered when you see Meleers picking an AO meant for Ego-boosting just for it's advantage.

I'm still trying to get used to the TK lance spam now that getting 5 stacks of Ego Leech is much faster, but the Stress changes on the combos and the other Mind Break debuffs made me actually pick the powers into my rotation. Powerful.

However:
    1) Lance Rain isn't rupturing anymore. The hidden fix that made it actually decrease it's energy cost with Mental energy discount buffs was *really* sweet though;

2) Ego Blade Breach is now pretty useless. Maybe if we had a melee TK power that did not rupture ego leech and was stronger with each leech stack, but as that doesn't exist, you don't really need to refresh Ego Leech and Stress can be applied reliably enough to not need refreshing either. Possibly I'm just not seeing the use for it as I don't need it myself. Maybe;

3) The Dex stat was really rough on two of my toons, one is using TK swords as flame-y swords of darkness, as a Knight that is supposed to be heavy and slow. As she needs the cons as a tank, I have to go Dex + rec to be able to benefit from the Toggle Form.
    Secondly, one of them is a bulky one with TK swords with ranged powers aswell, this means Ego benefits them a lot, but then I can't give her Dex for the form or Cons for the theme.

I am fully aware you don't intend to change it back as you've said, so I won't cry any further. You have enough tears from some people who can't get over having to retcon 20+ toons that abused Nimble Mind.
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    avianos said:

I feel you, I deeply feel you, this Update have left me SUPER SALTY and unsatisfied

1)The lockbox costumes are MEH, another sci-fi costume IN THE ROW, if you exlude the the special material there is not really something nice looking (Chest and Back Futuristic Transmitters) at least i believe there are fewer than the previous lockbox and most of them unlock at least 2 different costume parts

2)The TK update flavour more range than melee damage

3) BOTH NEW FORMS STACK WITH DEX, its called EGO blades, not DEX blades for pete's sake

4) already spend 6 hours retconing characters, and my 2 mains (5 years old builds including my Discliple AT) will be stuck in Powerhouse, especially my range TK since now she has to rotated 4 powers to keep her original rotation (Stress+Ego Leech, TK assault, TK Lance and now a stress refresh)

5)A Power i used on a non TK build about EARTH theme (TK maelstorm) got visually DESTROYED and now it's a big spam of Jello (Notice how my theme builds which use more than 2 powerframes get screwed up more...) also Ego Blade Breach was downgraded into utility

6)Form of the Tempest force dual blade visuals on ALL the characters who use it... even on my single blade characters​​
    Each set might have fewer pieces but the last set had 15 pieces, there are 16 costume pieces in total for this gamble box. It'd be nice if in the future they gave us a ego version of each form. Like you said it's called ego blades. Changing the set to work off of dex was simply change for change sake hoping players would spend money re-modding their gear.
  • Options
    jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    Can't believe I'm asking, but: Can you please stop doing powerset reviews?
  • Options
    raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    Revert the stupid and pointless visual bullshit done to TK maelstrom... before it was one of the only 2 TK powers that actually felt like telekinesis. Now it get another generic psichic construct power... My telekinetic hero now has a power that doesnt fit her theme due to this bullshit, and I was already forced to use mostly powers from Earth and Force in the first place due to the "telekinesis" powerset not actually being telekinesis at all but rather just general psionics... Now i'm losing one of the few powers from the TK framework that was actually themantic for her... if you wont revert the change, then atleast add an Earth version with the real rocks.
    draogn said:

It'd be nice if in the future they gave us a ego version of each form. Like you said it's called ego blades. Changing the set to work off of dex was simply change for change sake hoping players would spend money re-modding their gear.

More along ths lines of Kaiserin doesnt think TK should have melee and rqnged scaling off of ego... pretty sure I've sen posts about it from her from before she was a dev even.
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png