Install Arc
Options

Powers Review Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User
    aiqa said:

Bug: Shotgun does next to no damage

I can confirm that Shotgun Blast loses damage when it's ranked up.

Your Shotgun Blast deals 51 (53) Crushing Damage to Regenerating Test Dummy B. <- Rank 2

Your Shotgun Blast deals 552 (579) Crushing Damage to Regenerating Test Dummy B. <- Rank 1
  • Options
    criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    [color="#4a86e8"]Suggestion: Please add the "blast" tag to Shotgun Blast so it can trigger the "Preemptive Strike" specialization[/color]
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • Options
    carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    edited January 2017
    Suggestion:

- Eliminate the stacking of Furious. Turn it into a singular buff that gives 3% (or whatever the intended percentage is now) crit bonus. Have Assault Rifle's advantage give +30% damage when Furious is active.

Reasoning:

- Currently, applications of Furious do not refresh one another, which makes them difficult to track. The counter displays time remaining for the most recent application, while previous applications will fall off.

- Willpower's heal already does not scale with the Furious stack count.

- Assault Rifle's advantage requires a full 3-stack of Furious to be desirable over Rank 3, but building that 3-stack takes overly long using Munitions. This problem is especially evident in the new loadout for The Soldier AT, where a Soldier would need to do 3 full maintains of SMG Burst or Gatling Gun, with advantaged Shotgun Blast in-between to refresh the stack. And if the stack falls off during combat, that process would need to be repeated to get the ideal output from Assault Rifle.

- Two-Gun Mojo's chance to apply Furious is the most reliable way to stack Furious with Munitions. But using one Tier-3 damage power to prepare for another (advantaged Assault Rifle) seems an odd design choice compared to other sets; and currently, Two-Gun Mojo deals more damage anyway.
  • Options
    strypewolvenstrypewolven Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Here's my thoughts on the muni power changes.

A ) Stacking Furious is inefficient at best. The buff only last 12 seconds and the maintains that apply it take most that that time just executing a full channel. So it's extremely difficult, if not impossible, to get, and maintain, 3 stacks.

B ) Assault Rifle damage. For a Tier 3 power, its damage is painfully low. It's only about half of a R1 Hundred Hands tic for tic. I know, I know, benefit of range, but a Tier 3 power at R3 should not be doing worse than an equivalent melee power at R1, especially when both share a similar tic rate.

Beyond that, I like the idea of the individual grenades though these also suffer from very low damage. Also they seem niche at the best of times. Might want to look into maybe buffing that damage as well. Also Bullet Beatdown seems to automatically be an AoE even without the advantage after the first hit of the combo. I am not sure if that's intended. That's all I got time to jot down for now. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,762 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    BUG: Flamethrower crits aren't procing Killer Instinct.

BUG: Flamethrower isn't working with Targeting Computer.

BUG: AR's tooltip dmg doesn't seem to be ranking up properly.

BUG: SMG's tooltip dmg also doesn't seem to be ranking up properly.

BUG: The parts of Bullet Beatdown's combo that were Ranged dmg are still flagged and scaling that way.

BUG: AR w/ Mow 'Em Down doesn't seem to be properly flagged as AoE.

BUG: Relentless doesn't seem to be scaling off of any stat atm (End/Rec included).

Seems like Shotgun Blast's old bug where it could be charged (at least on the Soldier) has been made a feature now :X Neat.. though it could be nice if Shotgun's dmg ramped up a bit w/ charge time too.

Would be nice if Mini Mines could crit again- mainly cause of KI.
    The new Frag Grenade also doesn't seem to be able to crit (supposedly cause its a 1-sec tick DoT).

May have more feedback if I get more time w/ the new stuff.
    Post edited by flowcyto on
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Bug
    Where it happens: Assault Rifle Rank 3
    What happens: Seems to still have Rank 2's stats and damage values.

Bug
    Where it happens: Frag Grenade, Cuts and Scrapes
    What happens: The description says it applies Armor-Piercing, when it actually applies Shredded.

Bug
    Where it happens: Pistol Whip and Rifle Butt
    What happens: Despite identical energy costs, tiers, and activation periods, Pistol Whip seems to do an iota of extra damage versus Rifle Butt.

Suggestion
    Assault Rifle probably doesn't deal enough damage to justify its unique self-snare effect. Theoretically damage seems about on par with Snap Shot/Straight Shot according to the numbers, which don't self-root at all. Probably should be a T2, or buffed a bit further.

Suggestion
    Gatling Gun's advantage takes a very long time to stack Furious, as well as a ton of energy. Combined with Assault Rifle's advantage, it takes a large amount of commitment to build up to the advantage's full strength, which theoretically would be a lot easier to reach at close-ranges by spamming Burst Shot w/ advantage. What I suggest is flipping the Fear/Furious effects around; chance to apply Furious on hits, and applies Fear to enemies when maintain is done.
    Could it also instead get the self-snare effect that AR had instead of a complete root?

Suggestion
    Rocket Launcher could use an extra advantage. Its current setup doesn't gel greatly with many abilities other than maybe Incendiary Grenade. This could be a good place to add a Furious buff since it can be applied quickly a limited number of times, and matches AR's range.

Suggestion
    Flamethrower I'd like to see it as a Tier 2 ability that emphasizes more advantages that tie it in better with Munitions; perhaps a No-Quarter effect similar to what Chemical Burn on Incendiary grenade does.

Suggestion
    SMG Burst is an AoE with a self-buff that can quickly be applied with its maintain. It seems extremely powerful for a T0. I'd recommend replacing it with something else, which can be tailored more to the Soldier's style. My personal suggestion:
    Single Shot - Fires a single well-aimed shot from your assault rifle:

100ft charged blast, deals Piercing damage
    Charging does not increase damage, but boosts critical chance
    Charges will self-root, but tapping does not.
    Advantage Disabling Shot will place Armor Piercing on your target if fully charged.
    Advantage Download works identical to the Laser Sword version. Could possibly be renamed to something more thematically relevant, such as Reload or Tracing shot?

How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User

aiqa said:

Bug: Shotgun does next to no damage

I can confirm that Shotgun Blast loses damage when it's ranked up.

Your Shotgun Blast deals 51 (53) Crushing Damage to Regenerating Test Dummy B. <- Rank 2

Your Shotgun Blast deals 552 (579) Crushing Damage to Regenerating Test Dummy B. <- Rank 1</p>

They're just putting it in line with OV Grond's unlockable.

While the Assault Rifle AoE advantage makes sense irl, I really don't like it, Munitions has way more than enough powers in AoE and in cylinder. The Furious one aswell is troublesome, as there aren't many ways to get Furious in 100 ft.
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    I have a feeling this 3 stacks of furious thing is more of the let's make all power sets use the same mechanics.

AR didn't need to be moved, it was fine where it was. Again, will there be a rifle based power taking its place? Or are we stuck with taking throw away powers until we reach the level needed to take tier 3 abilities? *Until the animations been fixed/changed I'm still not going to take/use burst shot.
  • Options
    kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    Hmm.. I dont see the reason to have ANOTHER cylinder ability for munitions; there are enough of them already from the other powers in the set. Moving Assault Rifle to Tier 3 with such pitiful base damage tells me I may have to replace it with 2 Gun Mojo, which I had originally dropped because of it's nerf.

Then again perhaps I am looking at the changes in the wrong way. Maybe these changes are being made because Munitions powers are supposed to be for mainly playing solo.

All of these AOE/cylinder powers/advantages in the set are not that useful in group play, especially for high level content and Cosmics that require pinpoint single target damage and another way to slow down enemies besides a true controller. In my opinion, Munitions should have more *tactical* abilities; I rather see more RELIABLE armor piercing, stun, disorient, fear, knockdown and knockup abilities/advantages than AOE/cylinder ones. Also, there is no need for knockback abilites for most powers in this set (except for shotgun/grenade powers, which make sense). This game is too reliant on knockback already.

• Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Suggestion
    Rather than moving AR to T3, leave it at tier 1 and add powers that augment it and other basic munitions power. For example:
    Armor-Piercing Rounds (T3) (Self-Buff, Ammo)
    Enhances any powers tagged 'gun'. Adds 25% defense penetration. Adds 100% energy cost (i.e. energy cost is doubled). Cancels any other ammunition you are using.
    Explosive-Piercing Rounds (T3) (Self-Buff, Ammo)
    Enhances any powers tagged 'gun'. Adds a 100% (half damage) damage penalty and a 100% (double) energy cost penalty. Adds a proc effect doing fire damage equal to the basic damage of the attack in a 10' radius (5 targets), with a visible fire effect. Reduced on multi-target powers. Cancels any other ammunition you are using.
    Tracer Rounds (T3) (Self-Buff, Ammo)
    Enhances any powers tagged 'gun'. Adds a proc effect that creates a visible flash, gives the firer a bonus to crit chance, and debuffs the target's dodge. Adds -100% energy cost. Cancels any other ammunition you are using.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    New Power: Relentless
    Energy Unlock
    Martial Arts Shared
    Grants energy when getting a critical hit against a wounded (bleeding, shredded) target.

Suggestion: Make Relentless work with Deep Wounds as well (if it doesn't already)​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User

Suggestion
    Rather than moving AR to T3, leave it at tier 1 and add powers that augment it and other basic munitions power. For example:
    Armor-Piercing Rounds (T3) (Self-Buff, Ammo)
    Enhances any powers tagged 'gun'. Adds 25% defense penetration. Adds 100% energy cost (i.e. energy cost is doubled). Cancels any other ammunition you are using.
    Explosive-Piercing Rounds (T3) (Self-Buff, Ammo)
    Enhances any powers tagged 'gun'. Adds a 100% (half damage) damage penalty and a 100% (double) energy cost penalty. Adds a proc effect doing fire damage equal to the basic damage of the attack in a 10' radius (5 targets), with a visible fire effect. Reduced on multi-target powers. Cancels any other ammunition you are using.
    Tracer Rounds (T3) (Self-Buff, Ammo)
    Enhances any powers tagged 'gun'. Adds a proc effect that creates a visible flash, gives the firer a bonus to crit chance, and debuffs the target's dodge. Adds -100% energy cost. Cancels any other ammunition you are using.

Hmm. You suggesting these as AOs or On Next Hit? Both concepts seem to be able to be used to fit this idea quite easily.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • Options
    zamuelpwe said:

Hmm. You suggesting these as AOs or On Next Hit? Both concepts seem to be able to be used to fit this idea quite easily.

Neither one, it's basically a new category of buff. The basic idea is to push a low tier power to be effectively a high tier power, at an appropriate cost (i.e. boosted energy cost, etc).
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    draogn wrote: »
    Again, will there be a rifle based power taking its place?
    I suspect that's the role Submachinegun Burst is meant to fill. AoE for single target, AoE for multi-target. Not the best option, but it does limit the number of "throwaway" powers I guess. Unfortunately, it gimps AoE options a bit.

Speaking of which....
    draogn wrote: »
    Or are we stuck with taking throw away powers until we reach the level needed to take tier 3 abilities?
    This may be beyond the scope of this thread, but as long as this unnecessary concept of "tiers" exists, there will always be throwaway powers.

That said, I would've probably used Shotgun Blast as the Tier 0 power since its advantages will make it useful even after harder-hitting powers become available. Plus, they seem to want it to count as a blast power, and most blast powers are tier 0.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Bug
    Where it happens: Anywhere
    What happens: Shotgun Blast's Rank 2 and 3 act as though they don't take character level into consideration when trying to scale, resulting in an extreme loss of damage when trying to rank it up.

Bug
    What happens: Frag Grenade - Cuts and Scrapes applies Shredded instead of Armor Piercing.

Bug
    What happens: Flamethrower's Maintain Bar disappears when being used.

Suggestion
    Frag Grenade feels incredibly underwhelming to use since it only applies a DoT and Snare. I would like it to have remained an initial burst of damage on tap, while keeping the Snare and Knockback. However, the Knockback could be toned down and made so that targets closer to the epicenter are knocked more than those caught on the edge.

Suggestion
    I would rather Concussion Grenade be a Stun and Disorient by Default with less damage, becoming more of a Control ability than classified as Ranged AoE.

Suggestion
    Add an advantage on Incendiary Grenade to add a Flashfire Patch on the ground.

Suggestion
    Assault Rifle's advantage to increase damage while Furious could be made innate, but toned down.

Suggestion
    Add an advantage on Flamethrower to apply Reckless when the power is maintained for at least 1 second.

Ultimately, the new Grenades feel like they've missed their mark. Frag Grenade doesn't feel like an explosive anymore, while Concussion is trying to replace it. Incendiary seems alright for what it is, but could use an extra option or two to go with it. I would like to keep Frag Grenade as an initial burst of damage on tap, while making Incendiary a DoT type grenade and Concussion to be made a Crowd Control variant of grenade.

Assault Rifle being made T3 doesn't make a lot of sense at the moment since it feels like it could use a little more special niceties. That new advantage could allow it to synergize with other Munitions abilities right off the bat if made innate, but I do believe that the effect could be toned down if that is done.

While we have the new Flamethrower available, allowing an option for Reckless might prove interesting within Munitions. I imagine when the Fire Powerset rolls around the rework table that Fire Breath will be retooled a little so that the two powers don't share such similarity.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    thekrazzeethekrazzee Posts: 55 Arc User
    bluhman said:

Suggestion
    Rocket Launcher could use an extra advantage. Its current setup doesn't gel greatly with many abilities other than maybe Incendiary Grenade. This could be a good place to add a Furious buff since it can be applied quickly a limited number of times, and matches AR's range.

Rocket Launcher definitely could benefit from some work. Here's what I think the power could use.
    Suggestion
    Rocket Launcher [Tier 2]
    The Rocket Launcher is a fearsome weapon that fires an explosive warhead at your foes, demolishing them.
    +Renamed from Rocket.
    +Changed description.
    +Energy cost scales with charge time, with the current Energy cost being the cost of a full charge.
    -No longer deals Fire damage.
    -Power recharge increased to 10 seconds.
    +25%-75% chance to apply Furious on you.
    Advantages
    (New Advantage) Anti-Tank Warhead [2 Advantage Points]
    +Rocket Launcher has a 25%-75% chance to apply Armor Piercing to affected targets.
    +Fully charging Rocket Launcher applies or refreshes the duration of your Malleable effect to affected targets. Malleable reduces the target's Crushing and Fire Damage Resistance by 15% for 15 seconds.
    Concussive Rocket [2 Advantage Points]
    +Fully charging Rocket Launcher Knocks Back affected targets. Targets Knocked Back by your Rocket Launcher are Disoriented.
    (New Advantage) Incendiary Rocket [2 Advantage Points]
    +Rocket Launcher deals 50% of its damage as Fire damage.
    +Rocket Launcher has a 25%-75% chance to apply Clinging Flames.
    +Fully charging Rocket Launcher creates a Burning Patch at your target's location.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Since the powerset's basic blast is 50ft and AR has been moved up, Muni now doesn't have any long-range t0-t1 options. For a primary ranged set (and considering one of the Soldier's benefits was the long-range options) this is a lil disconcerting imo.

Flamethrower's AoE is a bit confusing to me. Atm it seems more balanced around being a small cylinder vs. Fire Breath (which has less base dps and a flat 10% CF chance vs. Flamethrower's increasing CF chance w/ rank). However, its tooltip does state it being a 'cone area of effect' once, and looking at the spell effects now, it seems like the fire AoE visual is copied from Flame Breath. Flamethrower could be modified to be a proper 30-45 degree cone if its numbers were re-balanced to reflect the wider coverage, but its up to you guys what path to take it down.

Also, on the subject of Muni, it could be nice to give Breakaway Shot a special adv that doesn't lunge you away from the target, for ranged tanks that don't want to move around the mob(s) they are tanking. Maybe also balance the slow power anim by having it hit more than once during it (you fire multiple times during the anim anyways). Since Muni is getting another pass, its a good time to revisit this power either way imo.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,105 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2017
    Just a note: While I know flamethrower can be found on PTS, it was intentionally left out of the notes as there's a very high chance it won't be released due to time constraints. The power is in no way finished.​​
  • Options
    kaizerin said:

Just a note: While I know flamethrower can be found on PTS, it was intentionally left out of the notes as there's a very high chance it won't be released due to time constraints. The power is in no way finished.​​

When you say "won't be released", do you mean entirely, or just not in this patch round? I think those of us that want such a power for theme can wait for it if need be. It was kinda a pleasant surprise to see it in there..
  • Options
    As in may not be released for this update, with no ETA when it would be if that happened.​​
  • Options
    Alright, thanks for the clarification, Kaiz.
  • Options
    jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Does that imply that the other powers are "finished"? That would really be tragic.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited February 2017

Suggestion

Give minimines an advantage that gives them some range and turns their damage back to range. Call it Mine Launcher or something. Then give minimines a host of other advantages like one that can apply bleed or clinging flames, or root targets. I feel like if this was a versatile power with the potential to do a lot of things, that would be good.
    ​​
    Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on
  • Options
    The listed powers in the notes are still being worked on.​​
  • Options
    spinnytop said:

Suggestion

Give minimines an advantage that gives them some range and turns their damage back to range. Call it Mine Launcher or something. Then give minimines a host of other advantages like one that can apply bleed or clinging flames, or root targets. I feel like if this was a versatile power with the potential to do a lot of things, that would be good.
    ​​

Given that the only AT with minimines is a ranged AT, and 90% of munitions is ranged, they should probably be ranged by default with an advantage that turns them melee. However, this gets into a problem of just what minimines are supposed to be for. The original intent was probably that they were a sort of trap to keep opponents out of melee range, but the way they've mostly been used is as PBAoE bombs, and PBAoE bombs are more useful to melee builds than range builds (though most of them are actually ranged powers).
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User

spinnytop said:

Suggestion

​​

Given that the only AT with minimines is a ranged AT, and 90% of munitions is ranged, they should probably be ranged by default with an advantage that turns them melee. However, this gets into a problem of just what minimines are supposed to be for. The original intent was probably that they were a sort of trap to keep opponents out of melee range, but the way they've mostly been used is as PBAoE bombs, and PBAoE bombs are more useful to melee builds than range builds (though most of them are actually ranged powers).
    Are they like those bombs the mooks in harmon alert like to use?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options

spinnytop said:

Suggestion

​​

Are they like those bombs the mooks in harmon alert like to use?
    They're a bunch of floating things that explode when you get near them; I know viper uses them, never noticed them in Harmon but I wasn't really looking because they're completely ignorable.
  • Options
    The ones in Harmon are glowing things the enemies drop on the ground
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options

Huh, dunno what those are. Particle mine maybe.
  • Options

Huh, dunno what those are. Particle mine maybe.
    Maybe. it makes a ping effect when it goes off that sounds a lot like sonic arrow.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    That's because they're Sonic Bombs. A device rather than a power for Players.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User

That's why I say give them the potential to do a lot of things, make them versatile. Doesn't really matter if their default is ranged or melee.
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,395 Arc User
    What's the single target rifle attack that's replacing assault rifle? I must have missed it in all the changes.
  • Options
    morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    Nope, that's just assault rifle. It only goes AoE with an advantage - and if you're planning on hunting cosmics, you probably don't want that advantage, as several important targets in the Eidolon fight are absurdly resistant to AoE powers. And, given the difficulty of gaining and maintaining furious stacks, you probably don't want the advantage that grants a damage increased based on furious, either; I'd be willing to bet that taking that turns out to be a net loss to overall DPS. Yay for powers we can just take to rank three without worrying about other options, I guess?
  • Options
    morigosa wrote: »
    And, given the difficulty of gaining and maintaining furious stacks, you probably don't want the advantage that grants a damage increased based on furious, either; I'd be willing to bet that taking that turns out to be a net loss to overall DPS. Yay for powers we can just take to rank three without worrying about other options, I guess?
    That's the way I see it. The less rotational bloat there is to deal with, the better.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,395 Arc User
    What am I supposed to take at level 5 though instead of assault rifle? Not sure what was so good about assault rifle that made it tier 3, but what's the single target attack that's replacing it at tier 0? Can we get a rifle blast attack? Something like sniper rifle, single target, but you don't need a full charge, and you can tap?
  • Options
    kaizerin said:

Well I hope you wrote down all of the suggestions I put up there so I won't have to re-post them in a future thread. :+1:
  • Options
    Build FC.31.20170112.0058d.10 ======================================​​
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Frag Grenade
    The DoT still doesn't show any kind of debuff on the target.

Submachingun Burst
    The max target reduction to 3, down from 5, is a bit puzzling. It also, along with its damage being lowered, removes it as a solid cone-based AoE option for Munitions. I get that it's a Tier 0 power, but honestly, something like this really shouldn't be.

I suggest elevating it back to Tier 1 and normalizing it with other cone-based AoE powers (Breaths, Skarn's Bane, etc). Perhaps even Tier 2 if it's going to keep its Furious stacking. For a Tier 0 option, it might be better to just make a new power to fill whatever role SMGBurst is getting forced into. Perhaps something charged instead of maintained, so Munitions can have a proper token single-target "Blast" power.

Furious
    Frankly, the way Furious is integrated into this framework something of a mess. Based on the recent changes, am I to assume that Furious is to be built up to 3 stacks using Submachinegun Burst, then maintained with Gatling Gun w/ Listen to Reason in between uses of Assault Rifle w/ Uncompromising? That's 3 powers required to make the whole thing work with a fair amount of RNG and other clunkiness when there doesn't really need to be.

To put things in perspective, instead of taking both Submachinegun Burst and Gatling Gun w/ Listen to Reason, I could just take Pounce w/ Furious Rush to both build and maintain Furious stacks with just 1 power and a lot less micromanagement.

Gatling Gun
    Listen to Reason doesn't seem to refresh Furious, or if it does, the chance of it doing so is too low to be reliable.

In light of what I said about Furious, and the suggestion I made regarding Submachinegun Burst, perhaps this power is better suited as a Furious builder and maintainer.

Scything Blade
    Overall good changes that this power sorely needed. However, let's talk about Swallowtail Cut. Swallowtail Cut (5% max hp damage per tick) is currently a somewhat unbalanced mechanic to leave in the hands of players that may result in balance issues if you're not careful.

Since you're revisiting Scything Blade, perhaps it's time to redesign Swallowtail Cut. How about something like this: "On a full charge, your Scything Blade applies and refreshes Swallowtail Cut to affected targets instead of applying the standard bleed. Swallowtail Cut deals significantly more damage per tick than regular bleeds and can exist alongside them." This way, you can control how it scales and, more importantly, allow it to function the same regardless of whatever it gets used against a henchman or a cosmic.​​
  • Options
    carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    edited February 2017
    BUG:
    Scything Blade deals no damage.

SUGGESTION:
    Have Relentless scale primarily with Recovery, rather than Endurance.

The two ATs that are being given Relentless (Unleashed and Blade) have REC as a superstat, but not END. REC scaling would also help separate Relentless from Wild Thing, as a freeform choice.
  • Options
    sepheliussephelius Posts: 30 Arc User
    Assault Rifle
    • Changed Assault Rifle's damage formula from escalating to maintained, meaning it now deals a flat amount each tick instead of scaling up as you maintain it.
    • Moved Assault Rifle to Tier 3.
    • Advantage now turns the power into a cylinder attack.
    • New Advantage: Deals an extra 10% damage for every Furious stack on you.
    • Fixed a bug where it was not ranking up in damage.
    Submachinegun Burst
    • Moved to Tier 0.
    • New Advantage: Refreshes Armor Piercing on targets.
    • Dropped submachinegun's max target count to 3.
    • Gave it a chance to apply Furious per hit instead of on full maintain.
    • Lowered damage slightly, reduced cost moderately.
    Gatling Gun
    • Removed Furious stacking.
    • Now has a chance to apply Armor Piercing every hit.
    • Listen to reason advantage now has a chance to apply fear and refreshes your Furious stacks.

​​

Any reason for lowering the max target on Submachinegun Burst from 5 to 3?

Suggestion
    Gatling Gun
    Make it repel enemies as it is sure to gain aggro fast.

Machine Gun (New Power)
    45 degree cone attack with 20% chance to knockdown targets.
    5 targets max.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Submachinegun Burst
    Moved to Tier 0.
    New Advantage: Refreshes Armor Piercing on targets.
    Dropped submachinegun's max target count to 3.
    Gave it a chance to apply Furious per hit instead of on full maintain.
    Lowered damage slightly, reduced cost moderately.

What the hell are you doing!? Why are you ruining this AoE for the sake of Furious gimmicks?
    Are you aware how much damage this will cause to builds?

and you Lowered the damage as well! WHY? The damage was already LOW

Do NOT downgrade this power for the sake of the Furious utility garbage

Do you assume that everyone wants to use Gatling Gun on their build for a munition AoE!? because I certainly dont​​, not everyone is building to be Heavy weapons Guy
    There is no reason to reduce the max target count
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,448 Arc User
    Not liking the reduced usefulness to SMG. Keep it at 5 targets and the same amount of damage. Need a decent cone attack in the mix.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    Increase Gatling Guns damage across all ranks

Reduce Rocket charge time

Normalize Grenade energy cost

Swap Concussion Grenade and Ice Grenade icon, recolor yellow part to blue

Give Flashfire Patches spawned by Advantages the chance to apply Clinging Flames

Increase the damage of All Flashfire Patches

Slightly increase SMG damage

Slightly lower all combos of Bullet Beatdown cost

Keep the original Incendiary Grenade explosion animation

2 Point Minimine Advantage: Stimpack advantage

2 Point Minimine Advantage: Mine Thrower: Minimines spawn on targeted enemy, damage type changed to ranged, 50ft

2 Point Rocket Advantage: Back Blast: Rocket deals Crushing damage in a 15ft PBAOE around yourself equal to the damage of the rocket you launched

2 Point Rocket Advantage: Incendiary Warhead: Convert to pure fire damage and roll the Flashfire Patch adv into this one, give chance to apply Clinging Flames

2 Point Rocket Advantage: Chemical Warhead: Changes Fire Damage to Toxic, gives chance to apply Poison

2 Point Smoke Grenade Advantage: Fire On My Mark: Smoke Grenade gains colored smoke. Target and all other targets in a 15ft radius have their Resistance lowered by 10%. Significantly increases recharge time

2 Point Smoke Grenade Advantage: Artillery Strike: Smoke grenade gains colored smoke. Target and all other targets in a 15ft radius take Crushing and Fire damage after 3 second delay. Significantly increases recharge time

2 Point SMG Burst Advantage: Suppressing Fire: Increase number of targets to 5, all targets are snared for duration of maintain. Feared targets become Stunned.

3 Point SMG Burst Advantage: Spray and Pray: Increases number of targets to 10, lowers damage for each target over the 3rd, gains Stimpack effect on Full Maintain

1 Point Assault Rifle Advantage: Remove Self Snare

2 Point Incendiary Grenade Advantage: Thermite: Applies Armor Piercing

2 Point Concussion Grenade Advantage: Sonic Blast: Applies Stagger and Disorient, remove knock, change damage type to Sonic

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Eviscerate
    Reduced damage and cost.
    Increased Messy's advantage cost to 2.
    Reduced the amount of time Messy refreshes the Shredded effect to 10 seconds (from 16)
    1 Week right after I reach lvl 40 with my bestial DPS onion-2.gif
    New Power: Swift Strike
    Single blade single target stun.
    and when I was about to suggest a False Swipe power
    Force Snap
    Cooldown increased to 10 seconds.
    Lowered the activation time to 0.67 seconds (from 0.83) to make it feel more responsive.
    The damage and cost on this power was redone for the new activation time.
    Added Recharge advantage.
    HECK YEAH, more Restoration
    I would prefer more theme healings but that works too
    Won't be helpful for ranged builds but its something (waiting for force revamp)
    Rocket
    Added Scorched Ground advantage. This advantage applies a flashfire pit.
    That's ... not really helpful
    Shotgun

New Advantage: Chance to Fear targets.
    ...Why tho?​​
    Post edited by avianos on
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    Bug:
    Listen to Reason does not refresh furious
  • Options
    Assault Rifle dps is a lot better now, but as long as there is no click refresh for both furious and armor piercing with a 100 feet range you'll still be pushed to stay in 50 feet.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Bug:
    Scything Blade does no damage.

Suggestion:
    Increase Submachinegun Burst chance to apply Furious so you can stack it to 3 in a few seconds. With a 10% change you'd have to spend 15 seconds on average to get to 3 stacks (on a single target) which is far to long.

The patch notes forgot to add that concentration stacking from doing 50% maintains respects the internal cooldown on building stacks now.
    Post edited by aiqa on
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    avianos said:

Submachinegun Burst

Moved to Tier 0.

New Advantage: Refreshes Armor Piercing on targets.

Dropped submachinegun's max target count to 3.

Gave it a chance to apply Furious per hit instead of on full maintain.

Lowered damage slightly, reduced cost moderately.

What the hell are you doing!? Why are you ruining this AoE for the sake of Furious gimmicks?

Are you aware how much damage this will cause to builds?

and you Lowered the damage as well! WHY? The damage was already LOW

Do NOT downgrade this power for the sake of the Furious utility garbage

Do you assume that everyone wants to use Gatling Gun on their build for a munition AoE!? because I certainly dont​​, not everyone is building to be Heavy weapons Guy

There is no reason to reduce the max target count

I'm guessing it's part of making all the power sets use the same build up stacks and rupture them playstyle. Which sucks, I'd rather have unique mechanics.

Munitions was nerfed enough the last time powers were moved around and we were given Burst shot with its terrible/low quality animations. These latest changes will simply make the set even worse to play especially at early levels.
This discussion has been closed.