test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20170112.0058b.1 - Patch Notes

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,091 Cryptic Developer
edited February 2017 in PTS - The Archive
Open Mission Revision
  • The open mission High Noon is being reviewed and has been changed to use level scaling tech.
  • Ascii Oakley has had a few new powers added to her to flesh out her attack sequences. Her damage, effects and health are still being adjusted.
  • Ascii Oakley will no longer react to hit animations and will cancel out many debuff fx on her so she's visible when numerous players are attacking.
  • We will be testing the new open mission for a bit, but stay tuned to future pts updates for a much bigger update to that area :)
  • Changed all of the mission drop items in the Snake Gulch area to automatically go into your bag to prevent the item ! fx from eating up too many fx draw calls when there are a bunch of people in that area.
  • Added Nanomachine Pheromones, Yodel, Branding Iron and Lasso devices to the debugger High Noon store.
  • Added Revolver weapon skin to the debugger High Noon store.
  • Added Military Pose emote to the debugger High Noon store.
  • Added Whistling and Quicksilver auras to the debugger High Noon store.
  • Added Ascii's Precision mod to the debugger High Noon store.

Lockboxes
  • Added Magnetic and Short Circuit auras to the debugger lockbox store.
  • Added Watt Earp sidekick to the debugger lockbox store. His power effects and damage are currently using placeholder values.
  • Added Wall Lean and Twitchy Fingers emotes to the debugger lockbox store.
  • The vehicle mod case is being retired from future lockboxes.
  • Created new versions of the mod case item (old ones are unaffected) that include vehicle mods in their drop table.
  • Redid many lockbox item tooltips to be more clear about what they can give out.

Misc
  • We're adding a new type of item in game, emote unlocks! These unlocks grant you a new emote to use as well as a title per character. These new items are currently in the PTS debugger stores.
  • Added a teleport to Until headquarters option next to Defender in the rencen.
  • Fixed a bug where you could not ctrl+right click a slottable secondary piece of gear from your gear slots.
  • FIxed the Clarence mod from not being slottable in secondary gear.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• Options
    canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

We're adding a new type of item in game, emote unlocks! These unlocks grant you a new emote to use as well as a title per character. These new items are currently in the PTS debugger stores.

​​
    *weeps with joy*

/CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    Hah... I was going to suggest revamping Snake Gulch due to West Worlds re-emergence in popular culture!!!! You guys beat me to it!!! Good call.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    shouldn't cause the prices to skyrocket unless people stop opening lockboxes​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    blockwaveblockwave Posts: 329 Arc User
    Really good update, here is a clip of the new emotes you can get.
    PS: Finally we got a Munitions Utility Mod, great work devs !

The Open Mission seems to grant 1 Until Recognition, I can't really judge the difficulty being a level 40 toon in full justice, but the attack sequences are good.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=o3ENSbw0e1M&feature=youtu.be

• Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    gradii said:

Please reconsider. this is going to cause character gear mod prices to skyrocket, and no one really wants the majority of vehicle mods.

The price of character gear mods has cratered, and it's not because of lockboxes. It's unlikely to change if lockboxes give out slightly fewer mods.
  • Options
    theultimaxtheultimax Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    AWESOME! Can't wait for heroic stances next. The ones from the magazine in ren cen. Although...I really think they should unlock account wide....That's kind if ridiculous. Especially if the emote drops are really rare. And they're cosmetic items, too! If it were a device that would make sense, but is just really slimy.
    Post edited by theultimax on
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Hmm... looks like it's time for Lautna to massacre robots again. :D
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    Where in Snake Gulch is High Noon?
  • Options
    heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    gradii said:

There is also NO EXCUSE for PER CHARACTER emote unlocks. Titles is already per character but emotes and costumes have always been account wide.

I second this, but... yeah, we already know they're not changing it. STO does the character-bound emotes and stuff, already.

Which sucks, because costumes and the newer travel power unlocks can go for a *lot* of money, and since these are per character... I shudder at the thought of seeing 3000G for the luxury of letting a character lean on a wall.

• Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,591 Arc User
    Make emote unlocks account wide.
  • Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    The emote unlocks, bloody brilliant addation to box....or at least they would be if they were account wide [with titles being per charcter], Look I understand the whole "why" from a company standpoint, but from a player & customer standpoint it's just a dick move that's going to cause more upset than it solves.

I am honestly a little surprised and dissapointed that the whistling Aura dosn't have any... ya know... whistling sounds to go with it [fixes to potential issues would be, make it only auidable for the player and those targeting the player, having multipul would only play one sfx]

Open mission revamp with a chance at devices? Could this be the start of the return of the open mission rewards? [please.. i REALLY need a portable destroid factory] there is just the slight scaling issue.. namly I poked it on my level 20 "sword guy" [test chracter, has aurum gear and a nice build] and they got messed by the "grey" tier V2 robots and outright annihilated by the boss, so what I'm saying is you might want to look into the scaling to make sure that it's closer to being "in-line" with the rest of the area.

The revolver skin is quite nice.. it's almost a shame that we don't have a single pistol set to go with it...and that 2GM is a pain in the **** to use [not impossible..but between the energy cost and damage watering down waay to far it's not exsactly.. T3 standard]

The munitions mod.. it doesn't work.. at all, I tried it on my solider AT.. 0 point increase across the board.. tried it with every munutions power on a FF... again 0 point increase.. it's not working.

And finally.. just one comment.. no munitions ulti?[like a davey crockett for example?]
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Wasn't expecting Cowboys
    Doesn't PTS testing items usually unlocked per character and then get fixed on live to be account wide? I have seen that with many costumes before,
    Unless the Emote unlock item description states that it Unlocked on character and not Account Wide,

But if the emotes are going to be like that, then congratulation your marketing greed got into you
    Absolutely Disgusting
    Way to screw up ALTitis fans Devs​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Make emote unlocks account wide.
    This.

I get why there's been this shift to character-bound crap. It gives things a longer-lasting value instead of just being something you can acquire once and never need again. It's fine for a lot of games, too.

HOWEVER!

The playerbase of this game is used to account-bound treats, and on top of that, one of this game's big selling points was (at one point) its alt-friendly environment. This continued push toward character-bound stuff is kind of a disappointment to a lot of people.

That said, not everything needs to have an evergreen value, unless there's plans to stop producing new content altogether--which I doubt is the case. This may not apply to everyone, but I personally seldom bother with character-bound stuff unless it really, really suits a character I have at the time. And even then, I find myself looking toward account-bound stuff instead, just because I can pass it to another character later if I decide to change up themes.

So yeah, I'll not be bothering with character-bound emotes. :(​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Ugh, character bound emotes. That might be OK as one of those event farmable awards, but not for a lockbox reward (unless they are something close to a guaranteed drop for each box opened).
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,591 Arc User
    When the lockbox is gone I can see emotes being an item that you can purchase with a Purple Special Item Voucher. Who am I kidding? Its going to be a Gold Special Item Voucher!

I can see open mission rewards AT BEST. But a lockbox item? Cosmetics should always be account wide. No wonder the game keeps going in the red.
  • Options
    andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User

Where in Snake Gulch is High Noon?

I still cannot find the mission. Help please.
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Isn't it the one in the middle of the amusement park, around the centre of the lowest tier?

Nice to see some reason for people to go to the Desert, I always liked that zone. Can you take a pass at the Open Mission near Witchcraft/Burnside too? (Hang 'Em High, I think it is). That one still drops Q and would be a good one to make Scary Monster.

On the subject of Scary Monster Tech: does the difficulty slider have an effect on the scaling? If it doesn't, can it? Not all level 40s are born (or made) equal.

No problem with emotes per character, btw, on my part. I always hated paying Zen for something I might use on one toon.
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    Character bound emotes? Looks like more items not worth wasting money on, I can sort of understand the shift towards character bound items for event items, but lockboxes already have too many things that bind to individual characters for a game that use to encourage alts.
  • Options
    sapphiechusapphiechu Posts: 259 Arc User

Isn't it the one in the middle of the amusement park, around the centre of the lowest tier?

That's the 'ASCIIng for Trouble' mission, with ASCII Oakley, where you blast cowboys, then ten gunslingers, and then, finally, ASCII Oakley herself.

I believe 'High Noon' is the mission up on the far ridge, where you have to purify a dozen grave sites to open up six demons, and then deal with a pretty tough ghostly hangman.
    3856039c53d222b47efa23bc56b3c976ccefd059.jpg
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    The move towards more character bound stuff is a combination of greed + stupidity. A game can be profitable and successful without crapping on alt lovers. It just requires not half-assing the planning put into making a decent cash shop and game instead of doing the same dumb stuff every other game with an eternally slipping population does.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Open Mission Revision

• The vehicle mod case is being retired from future lockboxes.
    ​​
    Thank yooou. I was sick of getting those.
    Hmm, if they are going to revisit the desert I wonder if they will do something with that lost group of Demon cultists at the south end of the map? They have been trying to summon something there for years. Maybe the finally succeed!
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    Bug:
    The Aurora self rez was added to the debugger, but it's not available in the powers selection.
  • Options
    nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 975 Arc User
    you fix the OMs and suddenly every map may be worth tore visit and farm, nice move
    but pleaaaase char bound emotes really? make them acc wide like every cosmetic out there
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Atleast i get something to do. With my 50+ alts.
    normal-26.gif​​
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    Incredible update! I can't wait to see what comes of this. I really never liked Snake Gulch, and actively try to avoid leveling there. Breathing life into it is a smart move.

As for the character bound emotes.... I'm mixed. If the emotes are rewarded through something readily accessible and doable (like an OM), then I understand them being character bound. I actually don't mind unlocking things on a per character basis because it makes it feel like that character earned their keep instead of mooching off of my stronger toons. However, if emotes are obtained in lockboxes, they should really be bound to the account. For something that's been universally wanted like wall lean, it seems criminal to make it unlocked on a per toon basis through gambling. I'm hoping there are just misunderstandings right now, but if there aren't, please change this.

That said, I'm glad new emotes are being added! :)

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
  • Options
    morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    Character bound emotes as things you can buy with recognition or as open mission rewards or kill perk rewards? Good. Character bound emotes as lockbock items? No. Don't do this.

Rest of this sounds good; will definitely check it out.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    My Only hope is that we will get more Dual Pistol (and mostly SINGLE Pistol) powers, and especially the Cowboys' unique powers​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    I believe 'High Noon' is the mission up on the far ridge, where you have to purify a dozen grave sites to open up six demons, and then deal with a pretty tough ghostly hangman.

That one! I think you may be right. It has been some time (although I like the zone I always lose the mission thread) .... was always pretty tough, presumably this is an anti Q farming measure (although it never seemed the most profitable option). Will see how it goes with the changes....
  • Options

That's Hang Em High. High Noon appears to be a rename of Asciiing for Trouble.
  • Options
    sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    *Bug*

ACSCII's Precision is not affecting Sniper Rifle.
    (Possibly other powers, but checking all of them via in-game testing takes forever cause the damage mod increase doesn't show up on tooltip dmg numbers.)

Snark never dies.
  • Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User

*Bug*

ACSCII's Precision is not affecting Sniper Rifle.
    (Possibly other powers, but checking all of them via in-game testing takes forever cause the damage mod increase doesn't show up on tooltip dmg numbers.)

I checked them all.. and as far as I could tell.. it effected.. none of the munutions powers... at all.
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I did a demo record with the wall lean years ago.; Here is a snip of cool kids waiting out an ice temper tantrum .

As an aside, I think the possibilty of a per character unlock is not... the worst thing. The emote drops are purple and if auras are any indication, they will be reaaaally cheap on the AH. Even old auras that are not in circulation as much as when they came out still go for less than 100Gs. You can get brand new auras for as little as 10Gs on the AH. In addition, they will eventually end up on the Collector's store. So... eh. They will not be inaccessible to the average player.
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    It might not be the worst, if you only have 5-6 characters, once you start getting beyond 10 this shift towards character unlocks makes the game more of a grind.

Your definition of cheap and my definition of cheap aren't the same, some of the auras go for 200+ depending on quality/desire. Floating candles doesn't have the same appeal as something like Dark Aura or Stealth. Getting the foils for the collector store, beyond the vehicle/weapon skin foils, are also not cheap.

• Options
    baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User
    xrazamax said:

I did a demo record with the wall lean years ago.; Here is a snip of cool kids waiting out an ice temper tantrum .

As an aside, I think the possibilty of a per character unlock is not... the worst thing. The emote drops are purple and if auras are any indication, they will be reaaaally cheap on the AH. Even old auras that are not in circulation as much as when they came out still go for less than 100Gs. You can get brand new auras for as little as 10Gs on the AH. In addition, they will eventually end up on the Collector's store. So... eh. They will not be inaccessible to the average player.

Caprice is going to need more walls.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    Has anyone done a check to see how common these Emote packs are?

If they are fairly common this may not be too much of a bad thing...
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    if the Lockbox Emotes have drop rate of Lockbox-Auras common, then its ok, the Auction House will flood with 10-5Gs each (for the period of time the lockbox drops)

The problem is after the lockbox LEAVES the rotation and how new players will access them

If they make into GOLD-foil levels in the vouncher, then they will be impossible due to the drop rate of Gold Foils and incredible expensive for the average joe

I rarely use emotes (even the Z store pack i bought) but I do want the wall emote for some of my characters, also the titles if they fit their themes

What are the Titles give by the emotes btw?

and for future updates, please DON'T go so low to make character bound costumes, please
    please for the love of God, DON'T Fall that Low
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Oh the phrase "character bound" popped up again and the usual suspects are going nuts about it. Oh well *popcorn*?
    I didn't expect you to understand​​
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Has anyone done a check to see how common these Emote packs are?

If they are fairly common this may not be too much of a bad thing...

Hard to tell. The current lockboxes on the pts don't seem to have the correct list of items yet.​​
  • Options
    BUG: Due to the introduction of lots of new Archetypes, the Re-Train window (opening screen) no longer fits in the window, and it's impossible to change Archetype or go from AT to Freeform or vice-versa (the required options aren't in the viewable area).

Hey check it out guys, they're revamping leveling content.

Interesting to see whether they can do that properly (recent Q zone monster changes have filtered down to lower level content and broken some things they shouldn't have) and whether they can get people to play the revised Open Missions in anything other than an event milking train.
  • Options

BUG: Due to the introduction of lots of new Archetypes, the Re-Train window (opening screen) no longer fits in the window, and it's impossible to change Archetype or go from AT to Freeform or vice-versa (the required options aren't in the viewable area).

Must depend on screen resolution, I had no problems doing it.
  • Options
    darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    naciiito said:

you fix the OMs and suddenly every map may be worth tore visit and farm, nice move
    but pleaaaase char bound emotes really? make them acc wide like every cosmetic out there

Only worth it if rewards scale with the Scary Monster tech. Getting anything less than at least 1-2 SCR on my level 40s would be pointless.

EDIT: Then again this may only be seen as leveling content by the devs, but we'll see.
  • Options
    darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    spinnytop said:

Oh the phrase "character bound" popped up again and the usual suspects are going nuts about it. Oh well *popcorn*

Hey check it out guys, they're revamping leveling content. That's stuff for "casuals" right? Time for you guys to start being happy yet?

I don't consider OMs as really that great of leveling content. None of them ever impressed me when I was leveling. Especially since most of the time I find myself doing them solo. Exciting . . . not.

NEW leveling content would be more missions in areas of the various maps that are just barren.

But happy for any one who actually does OMs regularly.

EDIT: Since they are using scary monster tech they should be able to scale the rewards in a way that:
    1. Is rewarding enough that people actually want to do it regularly so it's not mostly one or two folks doing them most of the time.

2. That rewards both low levels and level 40s with rewards that actually matter and can encourage folks to actually want to come back and do the missions from time to time.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Hey check it out guys, they're revamping leveling content. That's stuff for "casuals" right? Time for you guys to start being happy yet?

They only revamping the Open Mission, NOT the entire mission chains in the area neither adding new missions to do

that would do jack nothing difference for me when Im leveling my characters and chosing the Desert Route​​
  • Options
    yogid0nnieyogid0nnie Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Snake Gulth getting some love, nice. Always was one of my favorite areas, but I haven't been there in years. Fun fact, at GenCon 08 Crypitc was showing off their new superhero game and you could run around in Snake Gulth. Some of our first steps in CO where in Snake Gulth, little bit of our history.

And emotes should be account wide not character bound, that makes alting suck.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    It'll be hilarious if the emotes are CB but purchased with rep tokens.

But yeah, Snake gulch is the best part of the desert. Now it gets to be better!
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited January 2017

It'll be hilarious if the emotes are CB but purchased with rep tokens.

In what way would it be hilarious?

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
This discussion has been closed.