What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes - 01/05/2017

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
edited January 2017 in Release Notes
Misc
  • The winter event is now over.
  • Cosmic week has been turned on.
  • Reduced Echo's Stick device cooldown to 60 (from 90) seconds.
  • Fixed a bug where Rainbow Acrobatics/Athletics could not backflip.
  • Fixed a bug where Whirlwind's Vortex advantage could repel targets it shouldn't have been able to.
  • Added a year round winter store to recognition area. It sells winter items at double the regular price. Certain winter items are not available.

Cosmics
  • Cosmic Beatdown has been changed to rotate a different cosmic to defeat per day instead of requiring 4.
  • Changed the reward for that mission to 4 GCR (5 during the event) and a Cosmic Mod Crate which gives a random R3 cosmic mod (including some event based ones).
  • The amount of mods you get from cosmics now varies a bit instead of always dropping the same number.
  • Dropped the minimum Questionite amount after running the cosmics more than 3 times to 1000 (from 1500).
  • All cosmics now have a chance to drop 7%, 10% and insurance catalysts in place of Stars.

Qliphothic Warzone
  • Added Confront 3 mod as a potential reward from the Qzone open missions.
  • Slightly increased the base health of Slug, Oubliette and Portal Guardian.
  • Slug, Oubliette and Portal Guardian now get much stronger when you have more than the intended number of players attacking them. This was done to prevent players from completing all the open missions as one group instead of splitting up to trigger the Shadowfall open mission.
  • Slug's Confuse cone now takes 2 seconds to charge (from 3).
  • Added a half second delay before Oubliette's hundred hand attack deals damage.
  • Slightly reduced the damage on the first and second hit of Slug's melee combo.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 975 Arc User
    RIP OMs farm + eido
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Good stuff confront mods dropping more often, Cosmic beatdown being more simple and Echo's Stick might actually be useful now...but....
    kaizerin said:

Slug, Oubliette and Portal Guardian now get much stronger when you have more than the intended number of players attacking them. This was done to prevent players from completing all the open missions as one group instead of splitting up to trigger the Shadowfall open mission.

​​

...thats pure BS move as when we all of do Eddy we do the mini bosses one by one. This change is purely down to wanting to make the grind for silver recog even more dull.

nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2017
    It was never intended that players can beat the timer without splitting up to complete the oms. This will be reinforced.​​
    edited January 2017
    kaizerin said:

It was never intended that players can beat the timer without splitting up to complete the oms. This will be reinforced.​​

I love you* but you do know that makes you sound like Pony Darth Vader ¬_¬"
    I have to point out trying to get CO players to act as a team is like trying to get a pug to take a bath. It just aint gonna happen.

*In a OMG WHAT IS THAT KILL IT WITH FIRE! sort of way :-D
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    All cosmics now have a chance to drop r7, r10 and insurance catalysts in place of Stars.

OH MY~

Nope nevermind, i thought it was Upgrade Catalysts :#​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    unhappypony2.png​​
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User
    >All cosmics now have a chance to drop r7, r10 and insurance catalysts in place of Stars.
    Explain?
    Apologies, it's 10%, 7% catalysts.​​
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Don't see the point in trying to force people to play the way you want them too. If people want to train farm the Warzone, let them. It's not like that many people even bother with the Warzone in the first place.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    ooh, release notes, lets see.

[misc changes]
    finally.
    Would have been handy a couple of weeks ago.
    Nice, a buff.
    Eh, nothing major, but still, nice work
    You have no idea how much this messed up kiga..thanks for the fix
    cool

[cosmic]
    I hope the mission rotates out daily if you don't take it.. last thing I need is to get stuck on a "kill the BS dino" one
    reduced the gcr added random mod box.... lame, would be less if it gave you 5 of the mod instead of just 1.
    Intresting.. but not a good or bad change
    ....no comment
    what's next, you going to have a chance to aquire a random party bomb or something?

[q-zone]
    very nice.. should help some of the less...capable tanks get into things
    ....this doesn't bode well
    annnnnd there goes all chance of summing and/or killing elido outside of US timezones....way to put the non US players down.
    Slug was already a pain in the **** [with his 0 wanring insta slashes] and now he got a buff... wth
    Nice.
    Very nice... now if only it had an attack warning for when you can't see slug though all the vfx hitting him...
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Cosmic Beatdown has been changed to rotate a different cosmic to defeat per day instead of requiring 4.
    and I stilll get to hold the original Cosmic Beatdown daily with the new one, interesting
    Added Confront 3 mod as a potential reward from the Qzone open missions.
    Slightly increased the base health of Slug, Oubliette and Portal Guardian.
    Slug, Oubliette and Portal Guardian now get much stronger when you have more than the intended number of players attacking them. This was done to prevent players from completing all the open missions as one group instead of splitting up to trigger the Shadowfall open mission.

URG
    Are we really doing this? Really? REALLY NOW!?
    For Pete's sake​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    notyuu said:

annnnnd there goes all chance of summing and/or killing elido outside of US timezones....way to put the non US players down.

Quoted for truth.
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    Could we get a precise metric for "Intended Number of Players" on the Warzone bosses? I really haven't run the OMs since launch, and I'm not sure how many people are supposed to be beating on them.

Is there going to be a visual cue for 'too many' so we can tell people when to leave?
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

Could we get a precise metric for "Intended Number of Players" on the Warzone bosses?

The intent is that a number of people sufficient to take on the Eidolon splits up in three groups, so presumably not more than 10.

Is there going to be a visual cue for 'too many' so we can tell people when to leave?

And the problems begin.
    Not aimed at you Zod but this proper amount thing is going to cause so many issues and arguments. Its not a good idea.

• thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited January 2017

Could we get a precise metric for "Intended Number of Players" on the Warzone bosses?

The intent is that a number of people sufficient to take on the Eidolon splits up in three groups, so presumably not more than 10.
    With respect, presuming is not a workable solution to this. If you're going to set a specific time limit to complete open missions in, and then make them impossible if you go over a certain arbitrary number, then that number needs to either be obvious, or you need to state the number ahead of time. Preferably both.

Honestly, I don't like this solution. If you want to make the OM impossible to complete with more than a specific number of people, you're better served to just prevent people from entering the arena, or eliminating the OM population as a whole for violating that limitation. In either case you at least get a very easy cue that you're doing it wrong. I've seen players happily smash their head into a wall, even with the entire zone yelling at them to stop.

Also: Isn't this setup going to be really, Really trollable?
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Now they just need to get weaker when you have less than the required amount..
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Any plans to increase the zone limit from 30? Because forcing us to use all 30 spots in zone (5-6 of which are tanks, with numerous healers) to trigger Eidolon, then having half those people switch to DPS toons to take down the big guy... it's gonna turn into a real fiasco. I mean, it was often a miniature fiasco when this first came out and we were still trying to do it the "intended" way, with people getting locked out of the zone where they could actually play the content. Still happened with the swarm method, of course, when all you needed to do was show up in the right zone once. Can only imagine it being even worse now that a lot of people will need to switch characters.
  • servantrulesservantrules Posts: 312 Arc User
    Ouch. I get that the original intention was to have 3 groups working at the same time to take down each guardian, but this change is too harsh. One wrong estimate and it becomes a waste of time for everyone. :/
  • crappynamerulescrappynamerules Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Cool, I bet this will make the warzone not such an empty ghost town as it is 90% of the time. Lets go for that full 100%!
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I don't really like the changes to the warzone OMs. The problem is the number if tanks you need for 3 OMs and the number of tanks you don't want for the Eidolon fight. For the OMs you want 2 tanks each, but Eidolon has such tight damage checks you really do not want those during the Eidolon fight.

So how things are set up now pushes people to change characters before the Eidolon fight, but with the low player cap on the warzone that can very easily mean sacrificing your place on the Eidolon fight.

If splitting up in 3 groups is enforced, then the OMs need to be changed to not need 2 tanks.
  • solhusetsolhuset Posts: 40 Arc User
    So uhm, are you aware of the state of the Warzone Open Missions? As it stands we often have trouble just getting a second tank to take care of the adds, and now we're going to need two tanks per Open mission as well as the healers to support them and the groups? Hell most of our Eido groups don't even bother to show up til Eido himself is activated, and this change will not change that. The lazy people will still be lazy.

All in all, I'm glad I stuck to it and got my 50 kill perk a week back.
  • xacchaeusxacchaeus Posts: 308 Arc User
    glad i got my 10 kill Eddie perk
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Super Man: All right Avengers we've been challenged by the bad guys, they've unleashed their latest tactic and we must answer the call!

Wolverine: Let's give up.

The Midnighter: Bad guys are unfair.
  • paradoxmasterparadoxmaster Posts: 13 Arc User
    Seems like the majority (and by majority i mean literally everyone here which are the most active players) are heavily against the new q zone changes. Just something to keep in mind for future updates. Last thing you want is to alienate your loyal playerbase.
    edited January 2017
    gradii said:

Good thing I've found some good times in another game.

If you're gonna be melodramatic and over react super doom style at least go make a post in this very relevant thread:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1207205/do-you-play-games-other-than-co/p1
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

Really. Using a character from The Authority?
  • paradoxmasterparadoxmaster Posts: 13 Arc User
    If you really feel it necessary to enforce the joint cooperation of players to summon eido. Then my suggestion would be to lower the individual threshold of the bosses to make it easier for smaller groups to take them down, rather than increasing the level of difficulty. As the Q zone bosses previously stood, they where already difficult to form adequate groups to take down and the majority of the time simply spawning Eidolon ended in failure. Alternatively you could increase the time constraint on defeating the OM's triggering Eido's spawn to allow us the time necessary to even seriously attempt it.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    gradii said:

Good thing I've found some good times in another game.

The changes aren't all bad then.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    aiqa said:

If splitting up in 3 groups is enforced, then the OMs need to be changed to not need 2 tanks.

Or have the adds be based on the number of people in the OM group, so they're either nonexistent or manageable without a tank if your group is small.
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Is there a way to prevent more than the intended number of players from showing up?
  • tonyroachclip2tonyroachclip2 Posts: 8 Arc User
    Not to be grumpy because I really enjoy the game but the herd moves as one. Splitting it up will only cause troubles and failures. I watch the Cosmic chatter often. The Q-zone is a Cosmic not just the Eido. Groups gather as one and merrily go about their grind. Forcing them to separate after the lengthy time it takes for them to just get the numbers together will only kill that area of the game. What you are now doing is not only expecting all us to do, veteran and rookies alike is to gather a group large enough to take on Eido. But break into smaller groups expecting there will be enough Tank class and Healer class to go around. When at the more simpler Cosmic battles such as Kiga the herd is lucky to have more than of each of those classes online. I think this is a big fork in the eye to all of us who play and work to keep the game and community alive.
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    kamokami said:

Is there a way to prevent more than the intended number of players from showing up?

NVM it's 30 players total for the zone so as long there are 10 per OM we're set. I am assuming 10 is the intended number for each OM
  • xacchaeusxacchaeus Posts: 308 Arc User
    3 tanks, 3 offtanks, 3 healers, and up to 21 dps would be required to do the OMs, thats to many tanks for Eddie himself, but whos going to risk getting locked out of zone to swap to something needed?
  • blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    These QZone changes seem terrible. I didn't do it often because I already found it annoying, but now it feels like I may never do it again. I wish I had gotten those kill perks. :(

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
  • kazecatkazecat Posts: 35 Arc User
    I really don't like this change at all. The mobs in the slug fight can't even be CC'ed so you pretty much need two tanks for that one. And if fewer players can participate I can see this becoming a bad time for some.
  • morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    Huh. And here I'd always assumed that the intended split was 15 on one OM, 15 on a second OM, and then all 30 grouping up to take down the third OM. Simply dropping the available time to summon Eidolon to, say, 7 minutes, would effectively require such a tactic - and that way you wouldn't have problems with fights being trollable or needing quite as many extra tanks.

It's also a good argument for having some players around that have dual passive builds that can swap between tank and dps. (I have two characters with such builds, but have never tried tanking qzone OMs with them... and one of them still won't be going to qzone stuff because I don't want to have to change their travel powers away from flight + teleport and the gravity effect renders both of those worse than useless.)
    morigosa said:

Simply dropping the available time to summon Eidolon to, say, 7 minutes

That's how I would have gone about it. Wondering why they went with a more complicated method.
  • solhusetsolhuset Posts: 40 Arc User
    morigosa said:

Simply dropping the available time to summon Eidolon to, say, 7 minutes

Gonna have to agree with this aswell. On our run today it was pretty clear that Oubliettes heal is so strong once you exceed the 10 player limit that the fight becomes incredibly easy to troll. People not blocking the heal is already an issue so all the troll would need to do is simply stand in the OM area and do nothing.

• salmialmisalmialmi Posts: 29 Arc User
    Yeah, dropping the time feels like a better solution.

I got killed by portal guardian and slug AOE through block whit a char whit more than 10k hp, The damage buff seems unwarranted on the AOE when it exists solely to check if you know how to block or not. All you need is one guy to troll at oub or someone that comes mid fight at any OM and won't go anywhere else because s/he needs the perk.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,430 Arc User
    Hmm, there may also be people in the Qzone just doing dailies. Going to be lots more screaming to get them to go to another zone.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    kamokami said:

Hmm, there may also be people in the Qzone just doing dailies. Going to be lots more screaming to get them to go to another zone.

salmialmi said:

All you need is one guy to troll at oub or someone that comes mid fight at any OM and won't go anywhere else because s/he needs the perk.

All these only highlight the need to stop making mechanic-heavy open-world bosses and instead, start putting them in lairs. Lazier, easier bosses like Clarence are fine, but when the mechanics and group requirements start getting this strict, it's time to give the group more control over who shows up.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • crappynamerulescrappynamerules Posts: 81 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

Super Man: All right Avengers we've been challenged by the bad guys, they've unleashed their latest tactic and we must answer the call!

Wolverine: Let's give up.

If the person with unlimited power to change the game as they see fit is in fact our enemy, then yes, giving up dealing with the frustration is probably the best move.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,430 Arc User
    If the real reason for the change is that they don't want people to get goodies too quickly why not just drop the amount of rewards for each of the 3 bosses, rather than force people to split up?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    jonesing4 said:

Any plans to increase the zone limit from 30? Because forcing us to use all 30 spots in zone (5-6 of which are tanks, with numerous healers) to trigger Eidolon, then having half those people switch to DPS toons to take down the big guy... it's gonna turn into a real fiasco. I mean, it was often a miniature fiasco when this first came out and we were still trying to do it the "intended" way, with people getting locked out of the zone where they could actually play the content. Still happened with the swarm method, of course, when all you needed to do was show up in the right zone once. Can only imagine it being even worse now that a lot of people will need to switch characters.

This is also the problem I see that comes with the Q-Zone OM change.

Three individual teams that work well to defeat three OMs do not add up to a good team to face Eidolon. You'll end up with too many healers and tanks, not enough DPS.

As others also said, the zone cap is only 30. You could potentially troll the OMs by simply taking up a space (or two, with dual-boxing or a friend) that keeps three good teams from forming.

The daily Cosmic Beatdown should be much easier to do now, at least. Replacing some of the award with R3 mods isn't so great: most will be defense mods that are trash used by almost no one.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    Warzone's OMs were always designed for a split team of 3 or at least two groups. Content allowed players to not do that, so it makes sense for the change. Moving in a group is rather lame anyways because it leads to a simple zerg rush. That said... I think the Warzone OM and cosmic is MUCH more challenging that the other cosmic OMs so the rewards should be higher than they currently are to incentive people. As it stands, many just sit out.

If the real reason for the change is that they don't want people to get goodies too quickly why not just drop the amount of rewards for each of the 3 bosses, rather than force people to split up?

Because then you'd have to farm MORE and it would be less rewarding - literally.

So we did it. We did the OMs and fought Eido. Turns out all the doom was for nothing.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    Spinnytop,
    so now that the overnight(for me) panic attack has happened.
    How many do you need ?

so, doesn't anyone have a character which runs in 2 roles?​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    I have some dual role tank/dps toons, and a healer that does moderately okay damage kind of