test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes 12/8/01

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,100 Cryptic Developer
edited December 2016 in Release Notes
Toybox Lockbox
We've launched our new lockbox, you can talk with Captain Stannum in the ren cen to learn more!
The Toybox can contain the following items:
  • Frost and Cold Snap Superspeed travel power unlocks.
  • Frost and Cold Snap Superspeed travel devices.
  • Valiant loyal sidekick. Valiant is a super powered teddy with mighty powers.
  • Vintage Toy costume set.
  • Toy Dog Head costume.
  • Toy Cat Head costume.
  • Musket weapon skin.
  • Broadsword weapon skin.
  • In Need of Repair Aura.
  • Steam Aura.
  • Sparking aura.
  • Meltdown ultimate power.

ZEN Store
  • Added temporary Sidekick: Valiant.
  • Added Cybernetic Warrior archetype.

Winter Event
Winter has come to Millennium City! We're doing things a little differently than we have in the past and are enabling presents and the vendor right from the start. Previously these were only enabled when the Clarence event was also active. Clarence and Black Harlequin will be appearing later on this month.

We are using a new currency for this event. In the past the winter currency was an inventory item and we are no longer using that type of currency. Last year there were also about 6 different types of currency, which got a little confusing. We are not going to have a currency conversion, but a new store has been added where you can exchange the old currency for Hero Stars or Stockings. This store can be found on the elves nearby the winter tree.

New Daily Mission: Misfit Toys
  • This mission will give you some extra tokens for dismantling the toys that can pop out of presents.

Winter Action Figure Missions
  • The Toy Master craft a winter action figure mission that you can get from the toy parts you find now give 10 Winter Charms each. They can't be repeated, but each character you have can run the missions.

Other Changes
  • Toy parts now come in a Toy Crate reward box. This box stacks to 20 and is meant to be a way to prevent your inventory from getting cluttered with toy parts.
  • Added preview images to many of the winter rewards.
  • Winter Charm currency can now drop from presents.

New Rewards
  • We will be adding new rewards to the store every week!
  • The following costumes have been added as potential costume drops from the presents: Elegant, Jawless Zombie, Zombie, Angry and Half Skull Zombie toy masks.
  • Added Super Snowball as a new vanity device drop from Stockings.
  • Added Feathers and Windupkey auras to the Winter store.
  • Added Everlasting Super Snowball and Permanent Snowball to the Winter store.
  • Added Toy Robot Head, Elegant, Jawless Zombie, Zombie, Angry and Half Skull Zombie toy masks to the Winter store.
  • Added an action figure store that features action figures given out last year.

Misc
  • Corrected female zombie chest from having a inverted normal map.
  • Hovering over currencies in your currency tab now tells you if it has a cap.
  • Corrected the wolf mane texture from last week.
  • Added Cloth and Leather materials to the Cybernetic plugs Chestwear and Arm Accessories.
  • Fixed a bug where the Cybernetic Plugs arm accessory costume wasn't using its texture.
  • Added glow options to the basic full helmet.
  • New Loading Screen art.
  • Kigatilik is now festive.

Power Changes
Players will get a freespec for owning the following powers pror to this patch: Overdrive, Power Gauntlet, Tactical Missiles, Concussor Beam, Micro Munitions, Chest Beam, Mini Gun, Rocket Punch, Laser Sword, Lightwave Slash, Plasma Cutter, Particle Smash, Laser Edge, Power Bolts, Wrist Bolter.
Players who owned Fire All Weapons will have the power removed due to it moving to Tier 4.
Players who owned: (Old) Particle Accelerator and (Old) Unified Theory will have the power removed as they were removed from the game.

Powers: Power Armor
We've gone through Power Armor and standardized many of the toggle abilities duration times to make it easier to maintain them and so players can pick between a full weapon build or a laser themed build.
We've disabled the use of non-toggle abilities when using a Power Armor toggle ability. This has been done for balance reasons and to address some bugs that arose with that old feature.
Power Armor charge powers have been reviewed to make up for no longer being able to stack them with toggle abilities.

Fire All Weapons
  • Now considered an Ultimate power.
  • Fixed a bug where its cost wasn't be calculated properly. It now has a higher cost to account for the damage it deals.

New Power: Hand Cannon
  • Similar to shoulder launcher for the hand slot. Deals damage after having it toggled on for a few seconds and features a beam FX.
  • Hand Slot toggle.

New Power: Dual Wrist Rocket Barrage
  • This is a toggle version of Tactical Missiles.
  • Hand Slot toggle.
  • This power is similar in function to Concussor Beam and can repel targets that are up to 45ft away.

New Power: Chest Laser
  • Chest Slot toggle.
  • Deals long range particle damage.
  • Advantage: Melta Cannon. Has a chance to apply Plasma Burn each hit.

Concussor Beam
  • Damage lowered. This is being done to spread out the damage a bit more evenly throughout the Power Armor set.
  • Cost recalculated for new effects.
  • Moved to Tier 0.
  • Increased range to 100ft (from 50).
  • Corrected tooltip to state that this power can only repel up to 45ft. This is just a tooltip change.

Eye Beams
  • Damage slightly increased.
  • Removed piercing effect.
  • Now a cylinder attack.
  • Cost recalculated for new effects.
  • 20/20 Fission Advantage: Now applies Burn Through if halfway maintained.

Micro Munitions
  • Damage slightly increased.
  • Cost slightly increased.
  • Fixed a bug where its initial cost was not accurate. It is now slightly higher.

Minigun
  • Damage reduced slightly.
  • Cost reduced slightly.
  • Updated its tooltip so it no longer states that the damage is split on multiple targets as it wasn't actually doing this.

Tactical Missiles
  • Damage lowered slightly.
  • Now has a chance to knock down targets.

Energy Wave
  • New Advantage: Recharge. Applies Restoration to you which heals you over time.

Overdrive
  • Now scales off of End and Rec.
  • Lowered duration to 9 seconds.
  • Changed its scaling. This power will have slightly lower values initially, but can scale much higher.

Power Gauntlet
  • Increased the interrupt chance this power has at full charge.
  • Similar to the Ice cage interrupt, if a target is interrupted they cannot be interrupted again for a short duration.

Rocket Punch
  • Changed to a area effect.
  • Cost has been changed to reflect its new effect.
  • Now has a chance to knock inherently.
  • New Advantage: Grasping Hand. Power now roots targets instead of knocks.

New Framework: Laser Swords
We've added a new power framework that features the Laser Sword powers!

New Power: Unified Theory
  • Original power has been removed from the game.
  • Power is now an energy unlock that grants energy for applying, rupturing or refreshing Radiation effects.

New Power: Particle Accelerator
  • Original power has been removed from the game.
  • Power is now a toggle form that grants stacks for applying, rupturing or refreshing Radiation effects.
  • Applies the Unity buff which scales off of Intelligence.

New Power: Cybernetic Tether
  • Knocks targets towards you and can apply Particle Burn.
  • Advantage: Recharge. Applies Restoration to you.
  • Advantage: Burn Bright. Refreshes a portion of Plasma Burn stacks.
  • Advantage: Download. Gives you a short duration buffs that decreases the cost of your Technology powers.
  • Advantage: Radiate. Chance to apply additional Plasma Burn stacks over time.

New Power: Laser Deflection
  • Block.
  • Reflects damage back to attackers similar to how Parry does.
  • Advantage: Data Conversion. When using a melee attack gives the user knock resistance and damage resistance for a brief time.

New Power: Quantum Stabilizer
  • Offensive Passive
  • Increases Energy damage
  • Grants knock resistance.
  • Gives a small amount of damage resistance, and greater resistance to Particle damage.
  • Gives energy when struck by energy typed attacks.

New Power: Meltdown
  • Ultimate power.
  • Can be found in the Toybox lockbox.
  • PBAoE particle damage.
  • Applies 5 stacks of Plasma Burn over time.
  • Knocks down targets.

New Power: Luminescent Strike
  • Heavy single target particle damage.
  • Snares your target.
  • Advantage: End of the Line. Deals increased damage when you have high energy. Refreshes Download buff on full charge.
  • Advantage: Radiate. Chance to apply additional Plasma Burn stacks over time.

New Power: Glance
  • Stuns target.
  • Advantage: Download. Gives you a short duration buffs that decreases the cost of your Technology powers.
  • Advantage: Trauma. Applies Trauma to the target.

New Power: Particle Wave
  • Cone attack that knocks targets towards you.
  • Advantage: Illuminate. Applies Illuminated to targets.
  • Advantage: Bad Footing. Disorients targets.

Lightspeed Dash
  • New Advantage: Download. Gives you a short duration buffs that decreases the cost of your Technology powers.

Laser Edge
  • Fixed a bug where it would not use the first power in its combo.

Plasma Cutter
  • Damage reduced.
  • Changed animation to feel lighter.
  • On full charge consumes all Plasma Burn. After 6 seconds, deals damage based on number consumed in a small aoe. Damage partially ignores shields and dodge.
  • During this time you cannot apply any plasma burn stacks.

Laser Sword
  • Changed animations to feel lighter.
  • Damage and cost has been reduced.
  • Decreased the activation times on each hit.
  • Power has been moved to Tier 0.
  • Renamed to Lightspeed Strike.
  • Particle Accelerator Advantage: Now applies Disintegrate on the third hit. Disintegrate reduces the target's resistance to particle and energy damage.
  • New Advantage: Legacy Code. Knocks down targets on last hit.

Particle Smash
  • Reduced cooldown to 15 seconds (from 30).
  • Damage and Cost has been recalculated to reflect what it does.
  • Range reduced to 25ft.
  • Now ruptures Plasma Burn for additional damage.
  • Applies Disintegrate to targets that were ruptured.
  • New Advantage: Light Everlasting. Rupturing Plasma Burn now also applies Light Everlasting to nearby allies.
  • New Advantage: Null Value. Stuns primary target and knocks down secondary.

Lightwave Slash
  • Now a pbaoe.
  • On full charge knocks down targets.
  • New Advantage: Burn Bright. Refreshes a portion of Plasma Burn stacks.
  • New Advantage: Light Mend. Refreshes a portion of Disintegrate.
  • New Advantage: Download. Gives you a short duration buffs that decreases the cost of your Technology powers.

Powers: Combos
Made some adjustments to combo powers.
Combo powers gain additional damage as you progress in the combo, and some combos had their base values set a little too high taking this into consideration. Laser Sword was brought down to these values last patch, and we're going to be bringing other combos down to match.

The following powers have had their base damage reduced slightly: Viper's Fangs, Reaper's Caress, Slash, Shred, Frenzy, Cleave.

Made some corrections to the cost of combo powers. Cost of combos should go down slightly as you progress. This affects the following powers: Viper's Fangs, Reaper's Caress, Shred, Frenzy, Cleave, Lash, Barbed Chain, Iron Chain, Lightspeed Strike.

Powers: Misc
  • Fixed Electric Form's tooltip so it states how much energy it gives you as a 'small amount' wasn't very accurate.
  • Particle Rifle can now apply Plasma Burn on the initial hit.
  • Fixed a bug where some powers could not trigger Wind Reverberation against high ranking targets.
  • Made some adjustments to the energy scaling for: Conjuring, Wild Thing, Mephitic, Unified Theory. These should grant more energy now.
  • Fixed a bug where the Plasma Burn from Orbital Cannon did not counts as yours.
  • Fixed a bug where a number of powers did not work with Overdrive.
  • Fixed a bug where Power Bolts was incorrectly tagged as a Force power.
  • Burn Through, Disintegrate, Overheat and Plasma Burn are now typed as 'Radiation' effects. Tooltips have been updated to reflect this.
  • The Shredded debuff now reduces Slashing damage by 12% (from 10) and physical by 6% (from 10).
  • The Demolish debuff now reduces Crushing damage by 12% (from 10) and physical by 6% (from 8).
  • The Debilitating Poison debuff now reduces Poison damage by 12% (from 10) and elemental damage by 6% (from 8).
  • New Power: Frost/Cold Snap Speed: A chilling version of super speed. This unlock can be found in the Toybox lockbox.

Archetypes

New Archetype: Cybernetic Warrior
Has placeholder costume and icons.
Known issue: This archetype cannot currently select its energy builder.
  • 1 Laser Edge
  • 1 Laser Sword
  • 6 Lightspeed Dash
  • 8 Quantum Stabilizer
  • 11 Lightwave Slash OR Cybernetic tether
  • 14 Particle Accelerator
  • 17 Luminescent Slash
  • 21 Particle Wave OR Energy Wave
  • 25 Unified Theory
  • 30 Laser Deflection
  • 35 Electric Sheathe OR Masterful Dodge
  • 40 Particle Smash OR Plasma Cutter

Invincible
Invincible new power progression path:
  • Level 1: Dual Wrist Rocket Barrage OR Concussor Beam
  • Level 6: Mini Gun OR Eye Beam
  • Level 11: Micro Munitions OR Chest Laser
  • Level 17: Reconstruction Circuits OR Energy Wave
  • Level 21: Energy Shield OR Force Shield
  • level 35: Shoulder Launcher OR Hand Cannon
  • Level 40: Fire All Weapons OR Chest Beam

Automaton
Fixed a bug where its signature moves did not display correctly.
Now uses the stats Ego/Con/Int
Now has its own unique talent.
New power progression path:
  • 1 Wrist Bolter
  • 1 Power Gauntlet OR Tactical Missiles
  • 6 Targeting Computer
  • 8 Rocket Punch OR Binding Shot
  • 11 Concentration
  • 14 Mini Mines OR Particle Mine
  • 17 Chest Beam
  • 21 Cybernetic Tether OR Energy Wave
  • 25 Molecular Self Assembly
  • 30 Energy Shield OR Force Shield
  • 35 Nanobot Swarm or Unbreakable
  • 40 Implosion Engine OR Orbital Cannon
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• Options
    elseguard#5205 elseguard Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Didn't receive a respec for my character who had Laser Sword and Particle Smash, it just removed the powers.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    BUGS: boxes can be empty.
    attack toys can drop no rewards.

47mins hunting boxes- 45 toys.
    some people are getting their 100 done in 40misn​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    We've launched our new lockbox, you can talk with Captain Stannum in the ren cen to learn more!
    Toy Dog Head costume.
    Toy Cat Head costume.

The Toy Dog head reminds me of FIFA 2018 Russian Mascot, Zabivaka
    _b95c9526-9830-11e6-98f6-96638e85be2b.jpg
    Hmmm, but again
    I think i need to make a Pupper character now, It's cute I like it

Where is the Creepy silent hill/FnaF Bunny head?
    New Power: Quantum Stabilizer
    Offensive Passive
    Increases Energy damage
    Grants knock resistance.
    Gives a small amount of damage resistance, and greater resistance to Particle damage.
    Gives energy when struck by energy typed attacks.
    Quantum Stabilizer baby, I had been waiting 3 years for you
    Overdrive
    Now scales off of End and Rec.
    Lowered duration to 9 seconds.
    Changed its scaling. This power will have slightly lower values initially, but can scale much higher.
    Fixed a bug where a number of powers did not work with Overdrive.

Endurance is not bad actually, i see my non PA builds who use seems to maintain their powers
    what i don't understand is why keeping REC scaling to only making it inferior?

I indeed stragle to keep 3 toggles the same time, even on a END primary character and a character with full Justice and OSV-secondaries gear

Also Overdrive works with ALL maintain powers now! THAT'S AWESOME, Sword Cyclone, Arcane Vitality, Celestial Conduilt, 100 Hands, you name it! its awesome​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Puppies and zombies...
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User

CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User

Didn't receive a respec for my character who had Laser Sword and Particle Smash, it just removed the powers.

Did you go into the powerhouse and select "Remove Powers?" You should either have a button saying you get a full respec, or the "Free" respec indicator in the lower left should say you have one.

So far, all of my laser sword and overdrive users got free retcons. Even a character who's only laser sword power was the energy builder.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User

Puppies and zombies...

I know.

But hey, on the bright side at least it's not more fantasy armour :p
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Yay! We can turn in old currency tokens for some stuff.

Thank, you, Devs.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    The Vintage Toy costume set is awesome, I can make/improve my Fantasy costumes with this onion-34.gif

I really like the chest attachment, i wish those belts were available EVERYWHERE​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,444 Arc User
    I'm trying to figure out how the new PA is supposed to work. Is the idea that we're supposed to run out of energy quickly if we try to run 3 toggles at once? Mostly just want confirmation that that is how it is supposed to be (unless we using CoAP, that is) so I don't bang my head against the wall trying to make something work that isn't supposed to work.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    The winter daily is lame. Can you just turn the alert on? Presents don't show up in any of the places that I'd rather be in. It's not like I can do dailies and open some boxes along the way. Which would at least be less boring than actually having to run around MC forever looking for and opening boxes. Especially since half of the boxes I did bother finding didn't even have enemies in them.

Not really sure why some of the laser sword powers exist. Some of them don't play well with their own form and energy unlock. Like everything that doesn't apply burn or has a garbage advantage with a chance to never apply burn. And Plasma Cutter... 6s after already applying burn stacks? Most enemies will be dead before it goes off. And if you can't generate Burn stacks, does that mean the LS form and EU won't generate energy/stacks? Or is it one of those you get a gold star for trying things?

With so many of the LS powers having cooldowns, it seems the much, much, much better choice is to go MSA. Especially since it also scales with Int like the LS form. Would help if Unity scaled with Int instead of end. I traded dex for int just to see how it worked and with MSA, I end up with gobs of energy once I get the cooldowns rolling. Which is basically 3s after I lunge into a fight. Using MSA would also make it so much easier to use that weird advantage on Luminescent.

Can we have Data Conversion as an aura?

Particle Wave is awesome. Particle Wave + Particle Smash is fun for the whole mob group. Mend seems kinda blecky. 15% chance to maybe heal someone? Is that all it does?

The Automaton is still full of sadness.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    zemmaxzemmax Posts: 295 Arc User
    Release Notes 12/8/01

OoOoh... update from the paaassst.
  • Options
    Well I spent 6 hours inside powerhouse last night reworking my 2 PA DPSes and testing my LS character really fast, hooray for NOT actually playing the game, at least Star Stroke will live but I need to remake my LS character BEFORE Warlord alert leaves the rotation
    and I found out that I'm not the only one who like using Vibora Bay Powerhouse for privacy

Conjuring, Wild Thing, Mephitic scale GREAT now

Laser Swords became TOO gimmicky and overcomplicated
    and once again you forced us to use a specific form to have 100% chance to apply "Bleed* with the main combo

the 6 secs rapture and the CD on Plasma Cutter is aweful, it makes me sad, WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?

Why wasn't DOWNLOAD Adv given to PA power as well? It benefits all Technology power family but it was give only to Laser Swords despite PA was revamped the same time​​
  • Options
    ok, I've just been on a character that I'm sure has done the toy assembly missions before, one of my 2 farmers. the titles seem to be gone and I can get the new missions​​

• Options
    crabbycabbycrabbycabby Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Just spent my early morning/end of day trying out the "new" power armor.

My original power armor/ranged & power armor/tank(sword) had to be drastically changed. The new powers and mechanics made for some interesting combinations... Still working on all of them.

But, the game play hasn't changed by all that much. The ranged still has energy problems, too much energy! Need to find a way to use that to my advantage... The sword is having a much easier time actually, due to the lower cost of the attacks.

My question is whether or not Strength provides any Melee damage boost to the Laser Sword attacks?​​
    Proudly F2P
    Not anymore
    Gold since Christmas 2015
  • Options
    Laser Swords scale with strength for the melee damage bonus.
    Download will see its way through other technology attacks in the future.
    Presents occasionally not giving anything is a bug and will be addressed by next week.​​
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Will the toy mission be fixed so players can get tokens this year?
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    The laser sword revamp made improvements, yes. Still, the change to Plasma Cutter will cause me to remove it from my only LS toon. The rupture effect, with 6 second wait, isn't useful for nearly any content my level 40 toon would do. For Cosmics, there is an occasional risk of messing with CCed hearts/orbs/mobs. When grouped for Q realm, or doing alerts, mobs just don't last long enough for this effect to matter.

No one responded favorably to it on the PTS thread, so I am unclear as to why it went live.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    Could of Made the Overload detonate in 3 secs then 6, otherwise I'm fairly happy with the results.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    Yay, Laser Swords actually do some stuff now! I'd tried a Jedi parody before, but it just didn't work out, because too few abilities were associated with the laser swords. Now I have Okee-wan Fenokee, respected member of the interstellar Order of Star Knights, leveling on up (he came to Earth seeking his apprentice-gone-bad, Mannequin Stystalker, who will eventually appear as his Nemesis, Dark Fader).

Not looking forward to having to redo Happifun Security System X-4, who is a topped-out Invincible, but you gotta take the bad with the good sometimes, amirite?​​
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    I guess I'll spend today figuring out how to make my former overdrive users playable again without bloating their rotations up with unwanted cheese powers.
    kaizerin said:

Download will see its way through other technology attacks in the future.​​

Please be careful with mechanics like Download. Assuming energy costs are being balanced around it, what this does is limit cross-framework builds by pretty much saying, "Your energy management is going to be worse if you try to use powers from too many different frameworks."
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Re: Respecs, etc.

Can I just confirm what we're supposed to be given as a result of this? My Power Armour character has a full forced re-spec, powers and all (that's OK), my Laser Sword does as well (OK), but I'm not seeing anything obvious on the ones with Overdrive. Is that because it's an optional one and has just gone into the list of available respecs?
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    I guess I'll spend today figuring out how to make my former overdrive users playable again without bloating their rotations up with unwanted cheese powers.

Good luck. It was giving me 8 energy per stack a minute ago, on a character with 150 SS REC (sobs).
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Re: Power Gauntlet

By the time an opponent starts charging a power/gives a tell that I need to interrupt them, it's usually too late to think about fully charging the power for that purpose.

I would rather see an increase to the minimum chance with a lesser increase as the charge was filled.

Maybe someone else has a different idea, and I don't necessarily expect a change, but this is just my take.

The interrupt is not reliable. Even if the tap chance was increased it would still only be a chance and no one that needs an interrupt, such as trying to stop Kigatilik's dogs from howling, will want to use this for that purpose.

I saw someone try once. I did not think it would end well and I was not surprised by the outcome.

Increasing the base chance would help but the interrupt itself will still always just be a bonus.
    Anyone wanting a "real" interrupt will still look elsewhere.
  • Options

Re: Respecs, etc.

Can I just confirm what we're supposed to be given as a result of this? My Power Armour character has a full forced re-spec, powers and all (that's OK), my Laser Sword does as well (OK), but I'm not seeing anything obvious on the ones with Overdrive. Is that because it's an optional one and has just gone into the list of available respecs?

Unless I'm mistaken, the forced respecs happen when changes actually invalidate your build--things like negative advantage points, a moved/removed power dropping you below the "X number of powers required to use power Y" threshold, etc. The optional respecs are given as a courtesy when the devs monkey with powers in ways that have the potential to damage or change builds. (See Overdrive)
  • Options
    huehuehuehuebrhuehuehuehuebr Posts: 2 Arc User

"Players who owned Fire All Weapons will have the power removed due to it moving to Tier 4.
    Players who owned: (Old) Particle Accelerator and (Old) Unified Theory will have the power removed as they were removed from the game."

So we get a free retcon for having some rinky dink energy builder, but not from having powers actually removed? There is no logic here.
  • Options
    kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    Hmm.. The "Fire All Weapons" power doesn't appear in the powers list when the *Fire All Weapons* device is equipped. Is this intentional?
  • Options
    kyastral wrote: »
    Hmm.. The "Fire All Weapons" power doesn't appear in the powers list when the *Fire All Weapons* device is equipped. Is this intentional?

Huh, that's funny. That will be corrected next week. :p​​
  • Options
    lordwolfylordwolfy Posts: 140 Arc User
    I noticed a tooltip error for Particle Accelerator Unity buff. It says its buffs the melee portion to a lesser degree and boosts ranged to a higher degree, like concentration. The advanced info however has it listed as increasing the melee more than the ranged as I think it was intended to do so.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    BUG? OR WORKING AS INTENDED Quantum Stabilizer DOESN'T increase the damage of ranged Energy powers (and I realized way too late on my laser dps)

Please clarify if this is a Bug or a WAI, there is nothing in the passive description that states that it boost only Melee powers

EDIT: it's a bug, the fix is currently in PTS​​
    Post edited by avianos on
  • Options
    chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    So this is a nagging little thing that's bugging me and probably isn't actually worth 'fixing' but Chest Lasers Default color is distractingly off-color in relation to other laser based powers.

Again not really a huge priority but it is distracting.
    My "Iron Man", Neon, seems to be a whole lot more powerful now with the new stuff. Of course, that may be because he was my fourth character ever and I had no idea what I was doing when I built him (and he was still "viable"!). I had Molecular Self-Assembly as my Innate Passive, for crying out loud. :p

That's actually something I'm enjoying about the changes. They're making me take a look at some of my early characters with really odd builds. :D
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options

I'm trying to figure out how the new PA is supposed to work. Is the idea that we're supposed to run out of energy quickly if we try to run 3 toggles at once? Mostly just want confirmation that that is how it is supposed to be (unless we using CoAP, that is) so I don't bang my head against the wall trying to make something work that isn't supposed to work.

Forget it man... They just destroyed power armor cause free players and AT was complainning cause they could not make highter scores on cosmics... well i am quitting this game... kill a ape, kill a lizard, kill a doomlord.. the game now is ONLY this...

• Options
    My "Iron Man", Neon, seems to be a whole lot more powerful now with the new stuff. Of course, that may be because he was my fourth character ever and I had no idea what I was doing when I built him (and he was still "viable"!). I had Molecular Self-Assembly as my Innate Passive, for crying out loud. :p

That's actually something I'm enjoying about the changes. They're making me take a look at some of my early characters with really odd builds. :D

how? It's an energy unlock or did they change it from a passive?​​

• Options
    edited December 2016
    But why Laser Swords weren't given more than 1 Weapon skin? :C
    and without imaginary weapons for the set I cannot use Meltdown to a non LS character​​
  • Options
    jellycupsowbugjellycupsowbug Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    chaelk said:

how? It's an energy unlock or did they change it from a passive?

All energy unlocks are "Innate Passive" powers. It's not the same thing as "Slotted Passive."

I think that answers your question, but the more that I look at it, the more I wonder what you really meant.
  • Options
    spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 635 Arc User
    Would the Cloak of Infinite Planes Rune Sword be impacted by these combo power changes and any drop in base damage? I can't tell if I'm being paranoid or if the damage dropped on my recently created toon with Rune Sword.
  • Options
    kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    chaelk said:

how? It's an energy unlock or did they change it from a passive?​​

WAYYYYYYYYYYY back in the day MSA wasn't an energy unlock, it was an actual dedicated passive.

Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • Options
    revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    This might be a new bug, or I just never used PA enough to notice it: Shoulder Launcher, with Challenge!, aggroes the enemy spawns close to a full second before the attack occurs. This is messing with my Laser Sword tank's opening strike.

(Why Shoulder Launcher? Because every tank should have a snipe. Too bad Co doesn't have range enhancement gear, the way CoX had range upgrades for slotting)​​
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    Devs have touched the Invincible AT well thats Furry Rider wrecked then :I
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    deathsentry2012deathsentry2012 Posts: 149 Arc User
    This has been horrible..I've had to move points away from CON/INT/EGO/DEX to get high enough END just to play the damn toon now. What a stupid change; my toon is so much weaker now..thx devs!
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Which of these horrible changes you refer?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options

Which of these horrible changes you refer?

I've been on CO since before the demise of CoH and my first character was a PA. I finally through the years got him to be resilient and could do some decent damage. And so I focused on REC, along with DEX/EGO and tried to put in some CON..END didn't matter as much. So with the energy change, I've really had to push up REC, and whereas END was low before, now had to have it on par with REC. Energy management was already tough but i finally struck a nice balance; but with this change, I've been through 3 resepcs (paid for) to try and get the balance somewhat achievable. But i'm no longer able to run 3 toggles concurrently, and I have all legion gear. I have two active defenses and even had to take away from cooldown reduction to accommodate more END. It just seems to be an unnecessary change that broke a lot of builds...perhaps next time provide guidance on how best to adjust... spent hours yesterday trying to get my toon halfway playable again. Though now with lower ego/dex.. takes me so long to kill things...used to almost be able to take out the destroid..now its just a joke

• Options
    edited December 2016
    I was just going to suck it up and find some way around it, but after wasting a full evening trying to (unsuccessfully) fix my main character, I don't even know how to deal with it...if I even want to deal with it at all. Sorry in advance for what's likely going to end up as some pissed-off rant. :/

The change to Overdrive is uncalled for, unnecessary, and frankly, it kind of pisses me off.

Even before the change, Overdrive was inferior to the more specialized energy unlocks, and that's fine because it was still usable. Its primary use outside PA was for theme builds where the specialized energy unlocks don't really work. Now it doesn't even work for those theme builds because ~16 energy per 3 sec* is absolute trash. Forms give better energy returns than this, which is absurd.

* Based on 8 energy per stack, 2 stacks max because with standard maintains, you sure as hell aren't getting 3 for any decent length of time

So, let me ask: What the hell are these builds supposed to use now? Do I start throwing fire patches on the ground to use thermal reverb? Do I whip out soul vortex and try to milk spirit reverb? Or do I start hunting for silly 3-5s cooldown powers so I can use MSA? Ha, that's assuming MSA isn't next on the chopping block, given its general nature. Sure, I could, but all this really does is bloat up my rotation with a power that probably don't fit my theme and in many cases, makes things a lot less fun.

Let me try to explain why the Overdrive nerf is bad: In nearly all cases, no brains or extra work are even required to use an energy unlock with its "proper" framework. If you're using all bestial supernatural attacks + wild thing, you just push buttons and get energy because everything causes bleeds, refreshes them, or consumes them. Same with the new laser sword set + unified theory. Spam the combo, overflow with energy. Use particle smash on plasma-burning targets, get energy.

But god forbid if I want to mix powers from different frameworks. Let me just go ahead and open with soul vortex for spirit reverb, or use Hurl to chuck rocks at my target for MSA after each full maintain of my real attack. Theme be damed. Build the champion you want? Bah, not really anymore.

*Deep breath*

Maybe I just need to take a few months off from this game. I don't know. What I do know is that several of my characters are stuck in the powerhouse and I'm not sure what to even do with them. Including my main.

So yeah. Not happy.

- - -

Dear Devs:

From one game developer to another, I get that it's important to give players challenging content, just like it's important to have a desired vision and direction for your game. However, please understand the very-important distinction between making things hard for the players versus making things hard on the players.

Please revert the Overdrive nerf. It wasn't breaking anything before. It wasn't overpowered before. But it did make life as a cross-framework character bearable.

Thanks for at least making it work with all of the maintains, although given the magnitude of the nerf, you probably shouldn't have even bothered.

That's all.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Like HELL I'm going to use REC and END on the same time, being forced to use 2 Energy Stats to maintain my PA DPS is tarded (except of INT primary with END secondary, this has DPS potential)

now that I switched REC to END
    1. I lost the advantage of starting the fight with high equilibrium
    2. I'm forced to stay at 50 feet range to use my Energy Builder
    3. Overdrive doesn't give me enough energy
    4. I CANNOT Maintain 3 Toggles
    5. STUPID ALERTS SIDEKICK TO LVL 30 NERF MY COST DISCOUNT
    Even with Justice Gear + OSV secondaries, EGO primary and full focus on Cost Discount
    :|
    Energy managment was the worst part of PA and now it's even worse and unfun

I'm not happy with this change neither, also I got used to spam Tactical Missiles and now i'm confused and turn off Plasma Cannon​​
    Post edited by avianos on
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    The changes to PA are why I speced my PA toon into a Martial Arts build.

Screwing up or drastically changing existing powers causes player to leave. Permanently. It's frustrating to watch a dev making mistakes that other developers have already made and talked about publicly. I mean, that's kind of the point of stuff like GDC; sharing knowledge with each other. Does no one at Cryptic attend any of the numerous game dev conferences?​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    Avianos, Aesica, THANK YOU!!! You both explained it much better than I did.. I'm so pissed I can't put it into words. Took one of my favorite toons, the one I spent the most time and money on, my very first CO toon and shot it all to hell for no good reason. Like you said, needing both END and REC now for a build where the energy unlock was made for and which wasn't the best in the past anyway..WTH were they thinking..too lazy to just have laser sword stand on its on so why not nerf PA so you can expand the theme??!!! yeah, maybe i'll suspend my membership for awhile and take some time off...this is just ridiculous
  • Options
    eviltwintwoeviltwintwo Posts: 351 Arc User
    The thing about overdrive is why I've said before, "I wonder if the devs even play their own game."
  • Options
    zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Overdrive

• Now scales off of End and Rec.
    • Lowered duration to 9 seconds.
    • Changed its scaling. This power will have slightly lower values initially, but can scale much higher.
    ​​
    I'm curious kaizerin, could this be explained/elaborated? I get the feeling there's something wrong with the "starts low but scales higher" that isn't working out in actual play despite the numbers on paper.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    Had a look at some of the new powers and I have to say I kinda really like em.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!