test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20160702.1520.1 - Power Changes

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,828 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I thought that Mind Break already required at least a half-charge to trigger the 'rupture' effects. Is that changed now? Cause ya could always tap or short-charge it to prevent the Rupture before (though that makes it run more into activation delay). That means that ya can still make a DoT build that spams Mind Break in between, but its dps will be pretty poor atm.

TP does have a more standard dps option (via Ego Blast w/ MO and TP Reverb), but yea it'd be nice if a dps version of a DoT build was more viable. Unless we're not supposed to try to build for a DoT-dps build anymore? I dunno; would be nice to have a dev plan for TP in the future.
    jaybee37 said:

To wit: Why make further stacking harder by making the powers which stack Manipulator require Advantage points to do so?

They don't even do that atm. On the PTS, getting Malaise and Mental Weakness advs doesn't make ML or SoD proc Manip :/ Makes sense given that special adv CC's still don't usually proc Manip, though.

You guys are nerfing dodge like it's already not impossible for new content. Dodgers can't deal with the new content as main tanks because of how shaky the chance is, and now you're making them even easier to die. Cutting down duration in order to balance them with adv is plain stupid. You'd better make Stim Pack adv on EM to cut down EM duration, so the things would be balanced.

I don't really like the duration nerf on EM either (in exchange for the HoT adv). That said, it would be nice if Ranged tanks had a dodge buff that didn't cause them to move and could still have 100% uptime. I always considered EM the ranged version of TKicks. Give Ranged tanks a 50-100ft version of TKick's buff that doesn't move you and we're gtg. I understand that melee tanks typically need more overall survival tools, but melee already kinda has that w/ things like Laser Knight, TKicks, CWK's adv, Elusive Monk, Antagonize's melee effect, etc. And even if that's still a bother, then ya can make the Ranged version not quite as strong as TKick's, and/or maybe make it such that only one of the dodge buffs can be up at a time.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • fenrir4lifefenrir4life Posts: 32 Arc User
    Done some testing and there's something I wanted to make sure of: You do plan to eventually make "Challenge!" available on all powers that originally had Crippling Challenge, and make the Protector tree's Debilitating Challenge apply to "Challenge!," right?
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    Query: Has anyone tested "Break Through" (new Crippling Challenge sans threat) to see if it does indeed apply the Unwavering buff (block disable immunity) after the Provoked debuff expires?

We should also test to see if Break Through applies to post-blocking effects such as Force Sheathe and the very odd "Not Blocking" Block Replacer we know as Fluidity.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • meeoeoowiemeeoeoowie Posts: 78 Arc User
    Bug: Slash's bleed chance percentage is not doubled with Focus.
    Bug: Cut Down will not let you select more than 1 advantage. The others grey out.

Having asked, Slash is not intended to be doubled by Enrage or Focus, but rather be a bleed combo option for when you're not using a melee form. Nice for when you primarily use ranged damage(Concentration) or healing(Compassion)​​
    [A Place to Post Power Concepts] - I don't update this thing as often as I want to, but it is not abandoned!
    [Daily Login Rewards] - They sure would spice things up a bit!
    [Monthly Rewards and Silver Players] - Surely there should be some way to get them, no matter how difficult!
    [Discussion Concerning Event Powers] - Feel like you're missing out on Holy Water? Uh, probably shouldn't.
    [Discussion Concerning Energy Stats] - More or less what it says on the tin, there.
    [Analysis of Sorcery Copy-Powers] - I showcase some visual chopjobs, and such.
    [Analysis of a Poison Spread Bug] - The different interactions Virulent Propagation and Bite has with all poisons.
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Most of these are good and much needed, however I have some thoughts on a few which I'm less fond of:

Ricochet Throw:
    • Boomerangs make way more sense as crushing damage than slashing. They're blunt instruments and are more likely to give concussions than chop off limbs. This applies to Boomerang Toss as well.
    • Self-rooting doesn't need to exist for every ranged power. If anything, it'd be nice to see more mobility-friendly ranged attacks, and this particular power makes more sense as an on-the-move attack. I'd hate to see CO take the same path as wow by turning nearly every ranged character option into a minimal-mobility turret, since mobility is far more fun.
    Shuriken Toss:
    • The 10% chance to apply bleed or poison is too low to make either advantage worth taking. Why not 100%, but with short internal cooldowns? Or 100% when fully charged? For at-range bleeds in particular, the loss of Kyoketsu Shoge is going to create a void that this power could potentially fill, but at 10%, it's just not reliable enough to do so.
    Edit:

Challenge!: Why not take this as an opportunity to make this extra threat generation an innate feature of anyone in the tank role, or any hybrid using Protector->Bulwark? This effect really doesn't need to (and probably shouldn't) exist as an advantage.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • sigmaseven0sigmaseven0 Posts: 714 Arc User
    Break Through needs to be a 2 point advantage now.
    Its less powerful now in pvp and it no longer has pve use.

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
    2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    aesica said:

Self-rooting doesn't need to exist for every ranged power. If anything, it'd be nice to see more mobility-friendly ranged attacks, and this particular power makes more sense as an on-the-move attack. I'd hate to see CO take the same path as wow by turning nearly every ranged character option into a minimal-mobility turret, since mobility is far more fun.
    You can still move while tapping the powers, they are still great for high-mobility play.
  • embracemyswordembracemysword Posts: 308 Arc User
    aesica said:

Most of these are good and much needed, however I have some thoughts on a few which I'm less fond of:

Ricochet Throw:

• Boomerangs make way more sense as crushing damage than slashing. They're blunt instruments and are more likely to give concussions than chop off limbs. This applies to Boomerang Toss as well.
    • Self-rooting doesn't need to exist for every ranged power. If anything, it'd be nice to see more mobility-friendly ranged attacks, and this particular power makes more sense as an on-the-move attack. I'd hate to see CO take the same path as wow by turning nearly every ranged character option into a minimal-mobility turret, since mobility is far more fun.

Nah, it's a step into the right direction. I'm referring to pvp aswell as pve, where ranged builds have always had a huge advantage over melee oriented ones. If it was up to me, every single power with a range over 50 feet should root the player in it's place.

I'm glad they are starting to address this longstanding imbalance.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kazecatkazecat Posts: 35 Arc User
    raighn said:

I'll certainly use EM w/Stimpack on a few builds that have been in need of a more thematic heal...

Of course, there is no guarantee that Manipulator adjustments (if they had to happen) will happen quickly enough that people won't just abandon the related powers because they have been messed up so much.

If? There is no if about it... manipulator needs adjustment to include advantaged CCs period, end of discussion. That simply NEEDS to happen.
    ^ Indeed! I never noticed that Advantaged CC's never proc'ed Manipulator until this threat made me think about it.

Nah, it's a step into the right direction. I'm referring to pvp aswell as pve, where ranged builds have always had a huge advantage over melee oriented ones. If it was up to me, every single power with a range over 50 feet should root the player in it's place.

I'm glad they are starting to address this longstanding imbalance.

No offense intended, but I'm glad it's not up to you, then. The pve experience really shouldn't have to suffer for the sake of a pvp system that's pretty much on life support at the moment--one I suspect most players don't even care about. Bear in mind that it's important to consider the overall impact a change will have on the entire playerbase, so while it might make a handful of players who pvp as melee rather happy, it's going to make a lot more players who don't pvp and use those powers for their themed ranged characters feel cheated. And rightfully so.

The gap closers in this game are already above average compared to any other pvp-enabled game I've played: Tiny 3 second cooldown, long-duration movement speed reduction, with additional CC attached for closing at long range, and to top it all off, nailed to the ground as an optional addition to shut down the target's travel powers.

Rather than potentially gimping a bunch of ranged powers for the sake of "balance" in something only a handful of players care about, why not extend the range of gap closers a bit further? Obviously not to a full 100 yards, but enough to make kiting much more difficult.

Now I'm not saying pvp should be completely disregarded (I actually wouldn't mind trying it sometime) however there needs to be some better priority weighing going on here.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • cheesesloppycheesesloppy Posts: 245 Arc User
    Not paying attention to an aspect of the game because majority of the people don't bother with it is more of a sign that it -needs- attention. Just saying.
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User

Not paying attention to an aspect of the game because majority of the people don't bother with it is more of a sign that it -needs- attention. Just saying.

Arguable.

In this instance with limited resources it might be better for them to pay attention the parts of the game people do bother with.

And even if it does need attention it doesn't negate aesica's main point.
    edited July 2016
    aesica said:

No offense intended, but I'm glad it's not up to you, then.

Well don't get too glad, because the people who it is up to agree with him.

What he said makes sense too. And no, PvE players will not suffer for this - they will however have some more relevant decision making to do during encounters. Tap for mobility, or charge for greater damage and efficiency.
  • cheesesloppycheesesloppy Posts: 245 Arc User
    darqaura2 said:

In this instance with limited resources it might be better for them to pay attention the parts of the game people do bother with.

I have no doubt in my mind that is what they're doing. Being able to charge up powerful attacks that have the second highest range in the game while moving is pretty strong. Take, for example, in Alerts. On my main I can just use Jetpack and hover 100ft away and almost every melee boss besides Ripper becomes harmless. Even then, just backpedaling while still maintaining top DPS makes every boss encounter trivial.

Now, the rewards for a single alert completion might not reflect the level of challenge that comes with actually having to move and think about their power usage for some. In my opinion, however, I think making things a twinge more difficult for range users isn't too unreasonable.
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

What he said makes sense too. And no, PvE players will not suffer for this - they will however have some more relevant decision making to do during encounters. Tap for mobility, or charge for greater damage and efficiency.

I can think of one really great thing about making Ricochet Throw self root when charged, and that is getting rid of that terrifying spine breaking animation when your whole torso spins around backwards while your legs continue to run forward. Stuff of nightmares that was. Other than that..eh I usually just tapped the power unless usuing it from stealth anyway.

For me it is the changes to Evasive Maneuvers that will have the biggest impact on my playstyle, but I'm not too worried about it.(and I use both RT and EM a lot, though mostly while dueling/pvp...and yes I know, apparently pvpers are not allowed to have an opinion on balance.)

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    spinnytop wrote: »
    You mean, tap for mobility and greater damage, charge for, well, why would you ever charge an attack in CO, except if the power is only usable charged or has a cooldown?

This is a pre-existing problem -- charged attacks in general need to be buffed relative to taps.

You mean, tap for mobility and greater damage, charge for, well, why would you ever charge an attack in CO, except if the power is only usable charged or has a cooldown?

This is a pre-existing problem -- charged attacks in general need to be buffed relative to taps.

You're not up to date on your powers, there are are powers that do better dps when fully charged now, and it seems each patch brings us more. All my dps characters use fully charged powers to put out better dps in some form - especially when someone with AoAC happens to be nearby.

Also, charging powers while the things you're about to attack don't have aggro on you or are crowd controlled is a beautiful tactic.
  • akaara1akaara1 Posts: 174 Arc User
    That stinks that I can't move around now while using ricochet throw. It is fun dodging, running and moving while using it, backing up from hostiles. I hate powers that are not fluid and stick you to the ground. It sucks the fun out of it, boring to stand and charge a power.... boring.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User

I apologize if this should be on tailor thread, but I was wondering since the chain powers are being updated and so are Chain Swing power, could we add different skins for chain powers? I was thinking like Fire, Electricity, Vine, etc.

I second this commotion :wink: well with Energy, Vines, and Fire, and possibly a grapple cable :grin:
    Just throwing my support behind this. Especially VINES --

Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
    akaara1 said:

That stinks that I can't move around now while using ricochet throw. It is fun dodging, running and moving while using it, backing up from hostiles. I hate powers that are not fluid and stick you to the ground. It sucks the fun out of it, boring to stand and charge a power.... boring.

You can still move around while using ricochet throw though, even while charging.
  • sykovsykov Posts: 131 Arc User
    Almost all of the attacks in the game have Challenge! now.

Smart move, Kaiserin
    B)
    It's a game, not a ****. Don't choke on it.

I own Koda Ortega. Yeah...

edited July 2016
    sykov said:

Almost all of the attacks in the game have Challenge! now.

Smart move, Kaiserin
    B)

Yes. Now any tank that can't hold aggro truly has no excuse. B)
    Post edited by spinnytop on
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Challenge! does not work on howl. No mobs are affected by a debuff icon and nor do they show the skull icon over head signifying they are being threatened.
    Post edited by championshewolf on
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,129 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Howl's Furious doesn't seem to trigger Willpower no matter how many mobs attack me​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    Lacerating Cyclone's Furious does not trigger Willpower.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Challenge! doesn't trigger Protector Debilitating Challange
    I only managed to triggered it 1-2 times

Suggestion: Please INCREASE the duration of Power Chord's Rocking Out to 20 Seconds as well​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    I feel like people should be getting at least partial retcons if they have powers the devs decide they want to tinker with--in particular, powers which get nerfed or are given nonsensical damage type changes (such as Ricochet Throw).
    edited July 2016
    BUG: Maybe? Ego Storm with Malevolant Manifestation no longer stacks Manipulator...most of the time.. Sometimes it randomly decides to stack it. It's very mysterious.
    edited July 2016
    Now there is certainly something NOT FAIR with the new Threat Whipes having lower cooldown than the old (mainly Smoke Bomb which is still 1+ minute)

Also the chains/kunai with the self heal have 25 feet range while Holdout Shot has 50 range.... WHY? its chains let them have 50 feet too!
    You are not helping thematic self heals with so low feet range

thats some screwed up limitations​​
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User
    Only Bestial and Might chains are restricted to 25ft and counted as Melee.

Infernal chains are still 50ft and still counted as Ranged.
    Rimefire Burst
    Increased cost.
    Will only consume your Chill or Clinging Flames.

BUG: Rimefire Burst is STILL consuming other players Chill and Clinging flames on Live despite the update​​
    Seems a lot of powers missed the challenge! update

Like Lead Tempest which lost its challenge advantage complety​​
    edited July 2016

Chained Kunai is only 25 feet too. I realize this is on the surface a "new" ability, however mechanically it retains functional similarity to the Kyoketsu Shoge advantage--one of the very few ways to reliably apply a bleed at range.

The other problem is that these 25 foot melee powers are being listed as ranged, but 25 feet hardly counts. Particle Smash is 35 feet, yet it gets listed under close-range attacks. Maybe these 25-footers should be moved to close-range as well so they don't confuse people.
    edited July 2016
    You really only need one heavy power to apply Challenge now. 'Tempest still has great tank utility, with its Dodge buffer and its Furious stacking.

For AoE Mob agro Tanking is not, beside nowhere is stated that the removal of Challenge! from Lead Tempest is intentional

BUG: Wall of Ice Pathfinding broke after this update
    The move is acting like it has Frozen Footsteps, and it wont follow the target

I have it rank 1, no ADVs, and yet it acts like Frozen Footsteps
    f1PV40J.png​​
    avianos said:

Now there is certainly something NOT FAIR with the new Threat Whipes having lower cooldown than the old (mainly Smoke Bomb which is still 1+ minute)

Also the chains/kunai with the self heal have 25 feet range while Holdout Shot has 50 range.... WHY? its chains let them have 50 feet too!

You are not helping thematic self heals with so low feet range

thats some screwed up limitations​​

Probably because the new threat wipes are single target only where as palliate and smoke bomb and even EM are mass threat wipes.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS

Probably because the new threat wipes are single target only where as palliate and smoke bomb and even EM are mass threat wipes.

Also, cooldown on threat wipes is rather rarely relevant.

I'd counter that if you're the mob/off tank, you shouldn't need it - plenty of main tanks got by without it, as it is.

Off tanks in Teleios Ascendant need challenge because building enough threat to keep the mooks off the healer with pure damage tends to kill them, meaning they respawn with threat cleared and make a beeline for the healer. Kiga's dogs and the Hatchling are big enough HP sacks that this isn't normally a problem.
    edited July 2016
    But, I refuse
    With my experience off tanking in TA, i need it in my tank builds

Anyway, Lead Tempest's lack of Challenge! is not normal and its propably a bug​​
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    aesica wrote: »

Chained Kunai is only 25 feet too. I realize this is on the surface a "new" ability, however mechanically it retains functional similarity to the Kyoketsu Shoge advantage--one of the very few ways to reliably apply a bleed at range.

The other problem is that these 25 foot melee powers are being listed as ranged, but 25 feet hardly counts. Particle Smash is 35 feet, yet it gets listed under close-range attacks. Maybe these 25-footers should be moved to close-range as well so they don't confuse people.

Pasrticle smash was originally single target melee on PTS. it did ridiculous amounts of damage, try 40k non crit with NO gear on.
    it was changed to ranged aoe but they never changed it on the LIST

Melee is actually supposed to be 10'​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Bug:
    The knock from the adv on smoke doesn't apply knock resist stacks, and does not proc the enrage form.
    Post edited by aiqa on

That's a fair point!​​
  • criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 755 Arc User
    Please make all the Stim Pack like Heal over Time abilities be able to Critically Heal again!
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • rerrotrerrot Posts: 80 Arc User
    The advantage of Guard (Heavy Weapon Block)... is it 1 error? Because the animation is of Retaliation (Might Block).
    edited July 2016
    Ok that's funny

Howl's Furious doesnt Trigger Willpower on players, but IT DOES trigger Willpower for Enemy NPCs who use the power (Bludhoud)

Seems a lot of powers who apply Furious don't trigger willpower for players
    criswolf09 wrote: »
    Please make all the Stim Pack like Heal over Time abilities be able to Critically Heal again!

They should have made the First TICK only be able to critical heal, like absorb heat, and the HoT Uncriticalble >.>​​
This discussion has been closed.