test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20160524.10 - Tailor Feedback

Comments

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Add all the beards and whiskers to the Side Accessories.
    Teleioclone armor/mid-section pieces would work better copied in the Belt Accessory section (since that spot is never used) or belts
  • kriss94kriss94 Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    ninjapiff said:

Now, this might be a bit overkill, but why not just give players the ability to choose X number of "parts" per body part and let 'em just go at it? You can have all hats that clip together and look like a confusing amorphous blow on your head! Or you can match whatever parts you want to make whatever you want! I could see you limiting the max number of parts per section (giving your character 70 different hats at once would probably be a pain in the butt for a server to load, and for other players to have to load-in) but I feel like this is basically what people are REALLY asking for at this point.

Yeah, that also seems like a good idea. Just 2 accessories of each type and 2 bracers would be enough.
  • embracemyswordembracemysword Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    It may have already been suggested, but.. I'd like to be able to use the 'wrapped scarf attachment' (long, short/torn) while using a costume piece from the 'chest wear' category. The backpiece (wrapped scarf) is already available in said category (chest wear), but the attachment option is missing.

Other than that, i'm pretty satisfied with what you people at Cryptic studios have done so far, to make the tailor better. Keep up the great work, it's highly apreciated by many.

edit:

Just to clarify, i didn't mean to say that i'd like to use the wrapped scarf 'in' the chest wear category.. what i meant to say is 'combined with'. (sorry my English is lacking)
    Post edited by embracemysword on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lordvincentleelordvincentlee Posts: 3 Arc User
    Why would you limit your ability to create a unique character by adding beards to the same catigory as whiskers? in creation using both on a character would be interesting,take the beastrial beard with fangs and add the whiskers to make a beast,thats more realistic,so you would be limiting you creation abilities.
  • blazer2001blazer2001 Posts: 109 Arc User
    Would having the possibility of having more than one leg and arm accessory make the request for moving items between categories reduce? How about having two belts? I think that is something that could be evaluated and maybe if things look right, it could be added to the game :).​​
    I'm the ruler of the fire power.
    edited June 2016

Why would you limit your ability to create a unique character by adding beards to the same catigory as whiskers? in creation using both on a character would be interesting,take the beastrial beard with fangs and add the whiskers to make a beast,thats more realistic,so you would be limiting you creation abilities.

Who says I'm limiting? Adding is not subtracting.

I am saying add beards and whisker to side accessory. That way you can have a beard on side and whisker on mouth, or Two beards (mouth & side accessory)
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    While having numerous A/B categories would be nice, it's unlikely to happen.
    Hair A/B categories was an exception as the vast majority of hairs were not unlockable. What may happen during this update is making the unlockable hairs available in the B category.

What's more likely to happen is copying *some* items into other existing areas. Like some headwear items to top accessories or eye accessories.

While some people have already done so, if you can think of any costumes that are more fitted elsewhere, suggest that they be copied over.​​
  • hallsofwallshallsofwalls Posts: 77 Arc User
    In addition to what others have suggested, I have quite a few costumes pieces that I think would be appropriate in other categories.

Add to Foot Accessories.
      Leg Accessories -> Holo Hex Field
      (Beast) Leg Accessories -> Beast Greave
      (Beast) Leg Accessories -> Nephilim Large
      (Beast) Leg Accessories -> Nephilim Blade Large
    Add to Top Accessories.
      Eye Accessory -> Angler Ball
      Eye Accessory -> Angler Ball Duo
      Eye Accessory -> Angler Ball Large
      Eye Accessory -> Celestial
      Eye Accessory -> Cosmic
      Head Wear -> Arcane
      Head Wear -> Bunny Ears
      Head Wear -> Cat Ears
      Head Wear -> Cat Ears Small
      Head Wear -> Cyberpunk
      Head Wear -> Emblem Forehead
      Head Wear -> Head Spikes
      Head Wear -> Junkbot Antenna
      Head Wear -> Unicorn Horn
    Add to Mouth Accessories. Suggestions based on Alien Hybrid being in this category.
      Eye Accessory -> 90s Plated Mask
      Eye Accessory -> Mardi Gras
    Add to Arm Accessories.
      Bracers -> Cyberpunk
    Add to Back.
      Chest Wear -> Bone Spikes Short
      Chest Wear -> Spikes
    I'm iffy on these last few categories, but I do think some of the items could safely transition.

Add to Collar or Neck.
      Back -> 90s Foxbat Cowl
      Back -> Classic Foxbat Cape Cowl
      Back -> Power Turbines Small
      Back -> Wrapped Scarf
      Chest Wear -> Armor Arc
      Chest Wear -> Armor Cowl
      Chest Wear -> Defender 2015
      Chest Wear -> Fur Cowl & Back
      Chest Wear -> Fur Pelt
      Chest Wear -> Steelhawk Feathered
    Add to Belt.
      Chest Wear -> Armor Obliques
      Chest Wear -> Corset
    Add to Belt Accessory.
      Belt -> Ring
      Belt -> Spikes Meandering
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    kaizerin wrote: »
    While some people have already done so, if you can think of any costumes that are more fitted elsewhere, suggest that they be copied over.

<3

Alright then, Im going to use Aqa's format for the suggestion
    Suggestions

•Add to both Mouth Accessories* and Eye Accesories*.
    Note: Since they are masks they fit better in those 2 categories, like Alien Hybrid mask, mask should never be on the same category with hats!
    My reasoning for Mouth Accesory is because you could create even more combos using the Eye accesories

Head Wear -> Plague Mask
    Head Wear -> Nephilim Full
    Head Wear -> Nephilim Mouthless
    Head Wear -> Gas Mask
    Head Wear -> Gas Mask 2
    Head Wear -> Vine
    Head Wear -> Kabuki Mask
    Headwear > Hockey Mask

•Add to Top Accesories.
    Head Wear -> Ninja Headband
    Head Wear -> Headband
    Head Wear -> Pharaoh Crown

•Add to Side Accesories.
    Head Wear -> Headset

•Add to Neck Accesories.
    Back -> Wrapped Scarf
    Back -> Side Cape Mantle (Gravitar's Scarf)
    Chest Layer -> Defender 2015

•Add to Collar.
    Back -> Armadillo Back
    Chest Layer -> Defender 2015
    Neck -> Jester

•Add to Arm Accesories.
    Chest Wear -> Toxic Steel

•Add to Belt.
    Clothing -> Cosmic 1
    Clothing -> Cosmic 2
    Clothing -> Urban Anime Wrapped Shirt

•Add to Belt Accessory.
    Belt -> Medicine Bag
    Leg Accesories -> Sword

•Add to Foot Accessory.
    Leg Accesories (Beast legs only) -> Nephilim Blade
    Leg Accesories (Beast legs only) -> Nephilim Blade Large

And once again, I request all hairstyles to become Unisex​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User

Add to Foot Accessories.

A minor change, but this has bugged me since I got the costume set. Currently, you can't use the field with the holo hex armor feet.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • tmenif3904tmenif3904 Posts: 19 Arc User
    Add to Collar or Neck.
    Back -> 90s Foxbat Cowl
    Back -> Classic Foxbat Cape Cowl
    Back -> Power Turbines Small
    Back -> Wrapped Scarf
    Chest Wear -> Armor Arc
    Chest Wear -> Armor Cowl
    Chest Wear -> Defender 2015

Is there anyway to make the Exclusive Retro Future helmet back piece be removable and be used as addons.

• drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    I'd like to have Wings as a separate category from Back. I like to see winged characters have equipment on their backs or capes.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    As far as the Martial Arts Weapon Skins showing up in the tailor with the Laser Sword Powers, it appears they show up when you have the Laser Sword Energy Builder chosen.

Also for costume pieces to copy that would fit in other categories.

Belt Accessories
    - Flintlocks
  • drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    How about we also have separate items from leg accessories from utility items like guns, holsters, lasso, swords, etc. Many of my costumes can't really work when both legs required armor and I cannot apply to both because I would like to have a sword on the hip too.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User
    This is going to be a nightmare to edit any old, complex costumes after this goes live. I couldn't tell you which pieces I used where, and with this update, I'll have to somehow recreate everything with pieces in entirely different locations, if I want to make even a minor edit?
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    adding some more

• Add to Emblem Front
    Chest Layer-> Foxbat Speaker Disk (this REALLY should been a Emblem Front in the first place so it can be combined with Chest gear)

• Add to Collar
    Neck Accesory -> Nephilim Large
    Neck Accesory -> Armor Vents Spiked
    Neck Accesory -> Cosmic

• Add to Foot Accessories
    Leg Accessories -> Roin'Esh Large​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    If it hasn't already happened, can we make it so belts can be used with hip wear?

This is going to be a nightmare to edit any old, complex costumes after this goes live. I couldn't tell you which pieces I used where, and with this update, I'll have to somehow recreate everything with pieces in entirely different locations, if I want to make even a minor edit?

Consider it a necessary cost of improving the tailor. I know I have several costumes which won't be getting touched after this update.
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    1.) Yes, belts and hip wear can be worn together.

2.) I've copied over several characters for testing, and provided the appropriate costumes are available, they're still loading properly. Apparently, the tailor doesn't care where the costumes are, just so long as they're still there.

Invisible limbs aren't working any more, but Kaiz said limbless pieces are incoming.
  • rugrothrumborrugrothrumbor Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    The entire spectrum of skin color options added for non-skin based costume pieces.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User

The entire spectrum of skin color options added for non-skin based costume pieces.

This would be great. Also, some skin tones are not available in the costume palette, too.

But what about "naked toons", you say? These already exist because there is some overlap with skin tones and the regular palette, especially the standard caucasian pnk skin tone.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.

This, please. It'd be nice to get the Foxbat and VIPER colors specifically.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    Skin tones will not be made available.
    You are free to suggest other colors, though.​​
    null
    Can we at least get more colors into the skin section?

I know the known skin color...colors don't match much or any of the palette colors.
    edited June 2016
    kaizerin said:

Could we get the palette choices that Foxbat and VIPER currently uses? Foxbat uses two distinctive shades of brown, while Viper seems to have their own unique shades of green. I'm sure other players could name off some more distinctive color schemes, but those are the ones I know of.

I would also ask for a version of white for skintone, which is actually white. Trying to make a truly white character, like say a vampire, is hindered by how shading works now. White characters come out looking pinkish for me. On a related note, I don't know how viable this would be, but I wish we could use makeup with partial mask patterns. Lipstick in particular has been an issue for me, and why most of my females don't wear masks.
    edited June 2016
    kaizerin said:

More hue and shade variance would be nice. With blues for example you're limited to hues which are either too violet or too cyan, no azures. The same hue variation that power color selection has would be really nice.

Oh, and can we get a height bar please? So we know how tall our characters ACTUALLY are.
    Post edited by kriss94 on
  • kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    kriss94 said:

kaizerin said:

More hue and shade variance would be nice. With blues for example you're limited to hues which are either too violet or too cyan, no azures. The same hue variation that power color selection has would be really nice.

Oh, and can we get a height bar please? So we know how tall our characters ACTUALLY are.
    I agree with this, and would ask that the aura color palatte to be included. It is very frustrating to have a tintable aura and you cannot tint it to the colors of the outfit. Also, please consider removing the glow option from the back weapon accessory/weapons and instead offer the same material choices as other costume pieces. Having that glow option on a sniper rifle (for example) makes all colors put on it look washed out, especially BLACK.

As it stands the tailor has a 16x14 color grid for the basic palette, the skin tones has a 16x6 color grid and the auras have a 16x10 color grid. The basic color palette should at least offer as much color choices as a standard computer, which is 256 or a 16x16 color grid. The auras should match that, and the skin color should be at least a 16x10 color grid.
  • xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    If we could see defender's chest layer piece added to the neck section... that would greeaaaaat.
  • andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    I mentioned this before and would like to know......
    Can the ICE SKIN material (And future SHADOW SKIN material) be available for other torso pieces? I have a female ICE themed character and would like to use the Gravitar top for her.
  • blazer2001blazer2001 Posts: 109 Arc User
    I would like to request the following costume sets to be added to the debugger, to be able to test some more costumes, I understand that not all of them might appear on the PTS, but I think there is no problem in asking, right? XD
    • Roinesh Costume Set
    • Armor Patterned
    • Nighthawk Costume Set
    • Glowing tights
    • New MIllenium Tights
    • City Street Defender
    Thank you! :)
    I'm the ruler of the fire power.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    voyagersix wrote: »

yeah, i was worried about that too, so i went through all my characters and made a list of what costume pieces (and relevant options for them) they were using on which part of their bodies...it was a royal pain in the **** and i only had to do 13 - i can only imagine what someone who has dozens will have to go through if they decide to do the same

also @kaizerin i second the height bar in the tailor someone asked for above...either that, or make the ones on the pillars nears the tailors in rencen FAR more visible and way taller​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    Suggest copying the following pieces from Chest Layer:
    Armor Arc -> Collar
    Armor Cowl -> Collar
    Beast Mane -> Collar
    Bone Spikes -> Emblem Front
    Corset -> Belt
    Cowl Flair -> Collar
    Cowl Wide -> Collar
    Defender 2015 -> Collar
    Dr Ka Eagle Armor -> Collar
    Egyptian Beads -> Collar
    Foxbat Speaker Disc -> Emblem Front
    Fur Chest -> Collar
    Fur Chest & Back -> Collar
    Fur Cowl & Back -> Collar
    Fur Pelt -> Collar
    Spikes Small -> Emblem Front
    Tech Harness -> Collar
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    I'd like to see blueish skintones.
    edited June 2016
    Can we at least get the elbow disk, elbow pad, and bird people arm accessories added to their own slot so that we can use them with bicep armor if we're not getting the ability to wear two arm accessories?

Also, there's an issue with hands, eyes, and feet (but not other paired costume pieces) where if you set one to a certain material, the material is also forced onto the other one. And if you wish to use a hand that is a single material only (such as destroyer's glove), then its matching piece is also forced to be that material. Can we get this fixed?

And are we ever getting asymmetrical weapons?
  • sparklisinasparklisina Posts: 113 Arc User
    There is an off-white used by Sammie Croix that I have not been able to match up. A larger color palette would be nice, especially for skin tones.

Rose_sig.png
    Could we get glow channels added to the various chest emblems? It'd work awesome doing different chest symbols as Power Armor chest pieces.
    Previous answers to requests for glow channel said the glow options needed to be restricted a bit due to engine limitations.
    Yeah, I don't think adding glow to everything would work, but I'm Shiny with having more options for that with emblems.
    The Archer Shirt is not in the Tights and Skins category. The short Archer shirt is, but not the regular archer shirt
    Left and right restricted items fixed.

Hook: currently restricted to left hand only (iirc)

Saw blade: currently just left as well.

Be nice to have them both left and right.

(Not sure this is a costume bug issue, but since the gloves and hands are being merged it would be a nice section to make sure those aren't being lost)
    edited June 2016
    I would like to add my support for seeing the wrapped scarf piece copied to the neck category

And because people keep asking about the oh so popular wrapped scarf: Proof you can use chest pieces and wrapped scarf together now.

edited June 2016
    Some missing pieces that are available in the other catecories:

Available in:
    Tights & Skin > Legs > Skin
    Medium Skirts & Shorts > Legs > Tights for Medium Skirts >
    Long Skirts > Legs > Tights for Long Skirts >
    Missing in:
    Beast & Monsters > Legs > Beast Skin (2) >
    Costume pieces:
    Briefs Fishnet
    Briefs Fishnet Torn
    Straps
    Thigh High 1
    Thigh High 2
    Thigh High Fishnet 1
    Thigh High Fishnet 2
    Thigh High Fishnet Garter
    Thigh High Fishnet Garter Lace
    Thigh High Fishnet Lace 1
    Thigh High Fishnet Lace 2
    Thigh High Garter
    Thigh High Lace 1
    Thigh High Lace 2

Available in:
    Tights & Skin > Legs > Tights
    Missing in:
    Medium Skirts & Shorts > Legs > Tights for Medium Skirts >
    Long Skirts > Legs > Tights for Long Skirts >
    Beast & Monsters > Legs > Beast Tights (2) >

Costume pieces:
    Exclusive Art Deco
    Stars 01/10
    Vine

Available in:
    Tights & Skins > Chest & Arms > Tight
    Missing in:
    Jackets > Chest & Arms > Tights for Jackets >
    Costume pieces:
    Exclusive Art Deco
    Stars 01/10
    Vine

• friezalivesonfriezaliveson Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    kaizerin said:

Yo is there something that's going to be done about the missing textures for the Luchador Hips piece under 'Hips Wear & Gear'?

And for the sake of consistency here is a picture of proof:
    http://imgur.com/KxgFNwr

The area between the upper thighs.

• blackwolf305blackwolf305 Posts: 169 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

I know this is probably a long shot but how about having a color palette with sliders, like on MS paint, or something to that effect.
  • meeoeoowiemeeoeoowie Posts: 78 Arc User
    I split my general comments on color changes into spoilers. Call it a good-bad habit, but I wrote quite a bit and would hate to take up tooo much page-space if possible. Enjoy!

Ramble regarding color wheels, sliders, skin colors and the like:
    I recognize the issue with transferring skin tones to the color palette and the other way around. While I don't find it wholly convincing, considering that the people who want to stride around "naked" already can and do (and get reported lots for it, I hope), I see that it's far easier than relying on a stable report-policy and potentially damaging the age rating. I guess that was for the sake of explaining why things such as color wheels, HSL can prove very difficult, despite how much I want it (need it).

Made this a "spoiler" as well, since it's sooorta long:
    That aside, as for general color suggestions, I'd absolutely love a wider range of lightness for each color, to the point of color-tinted coal colors and tinted off-whites. I also think the color palette would benefit from adding some more columns between the ones we have, which add a blend-color in between the existing ones. This is to prevent the rough transition between for example green and teal, where there might be lacking another choice between the two. Those two suggestions sort of involve making the color picker wider and taller overall. Hopefully, that would also come with more faded and utility-rich colors (below the lightness color options), for when you're going for a more material-influenced scheme, as opposed to bright, tight tighties. Right now, we of course have some golds, silvers, metal-likes and an arrange of faded colors, and I would love to simply see more of what we have, maybe some darker variants, since the ones we have are very bright, or maybe a broader selection of beige-like tones, since I believe we have around four-or-so of those.

I think the essence of what I'm suggesting is taking saturation and lightness into account when adding more colors, as well as adding more colors between the ones we have. Our selection of purples is for example a little weak, due to how quickly it transitions into pink or blue territory. Would be nice to see some added columns between there, despite how much it looks like purple and pink takes up a lot of space. Yellow also struggles a little, since there is column that reliable yellow. This is due to the fact that the saturation on the column is cranked up.

General ideas and rambling aside, I'd love to see pages added to the color picker, the pages simply increasing or reducing the saturation of the entire color picker. That is to say, taking the current colors, decrease their saturation by ~20% and making it one page, then rinse and repeat for roughly ~4 pages, give or take. I guess the bottom rows wouldn't need this, as they are pretty faded already.

Sorry if some of the stuff I wrote make little sense, rambling for that long can cause some of the sentences to dabble into nothing in some weak attempt to get the message across.​​
    [A Place to Post Power Concepts] - I don't update this thing as often as I want to, but it is not abandoned!
    [Daily Login Rewards] - They sure would spice things up a bit!
    [Monthly Rewards and Silver Players] - Surely there should be some way to get them, no matter how difficult!
    [Discussion Concerning Event Powers] - Feel like you're missing out on Holy Water? Uh, probably shouldn't.
    [Discussion Concerning Energy Stats] - More or less what it says on the tin, there.
    [Analysis of Sorcery Copy-Powers] - I showcase some visual chopjobs, and such.
    [Analysis of a Poison Spread Bug] - The different interactions Virulent Propagation and Bite has with all poisons.
  • ninjapiffninjapiff Posts: 282 Arc User
    Here's a thought: With this update, belts will be moved under the "Lower Body" header category. However, the original icon shown for the Upper-Body section was the torso and belt, as that's where Belts were found. It'd be nice if those images were "updated" in a sense to more accurately show what goes where. Same applies to what was the "Hands" Category, that I guess might now be "arms" seeing as that's where Arm Accessories goes?
    It makes sense, if you don't think about it.
    A face on the Jetwings Wing Blades on the rear left side has no mesh material associated with it when in the Cloth/Leather material selection and therefore remains a solid off-blue regardless of color settings.​​
    LTS Since Beta Weekend
    IGH @BlackWyvern
    Stupid account merge...
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    Please add the Steel Arachnid Chest Layer Attachment to Emblem Front.

Chest Layer -> Steel Arachnid -> Attachment Chest Layer -> Steel Arachnid
  • embracemyswordembracemysword Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    xrazamax said:

I would like to add my support for seeing the wrapped scarf piece copied to the neck category

And because people keep asking about the oh so popular wrapped scarf: Proof you can use chest pieces and wrapped scarf together now.

On PTS or live? Because male toons have no wrapped scarf attachment option on live, while using a chest wear category item (I'm not even sure if they have a wrapped scarf option, while using a chest wear item, at all. The attachment however, clearly is missing.).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.