Install Arc

Device & Power Changes FC.31.20151210A.14

ladygadflyladygadfly Posts: 279 Cryptic Developer
edited January 2016 in PTS - The Archive
Post edited by ladygadfly on

Comments

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited January 2016

- Crybaby grenades should now function like regular Smoke Grenade.

Guess they're now going to defunct (given that it's a low level crafted power replacer that only exists as legacy, nbd).

- Chest Beam and Mini-Gun now debuffs Particle and Crushing resistance. This change was made to focus power debuffs on the type of damage they deal. Mini-Gun now does crushing damage. Shoulder Launcher's Fire damage portion has been changed to Particle.

Very strange to have Mini-Gun do crushing damage; all other 'gun' type weapons do piercing damage. Likewise shoulder launcher is visually similar to rocket launcher.

- Ascension no longer innately heals. This change was made because Ascension is a active offense, not a active defense. The heal portion is supposed to be wrapped up in the advantage. The Judgement advantage heal has been increased.

Between this and being affected by nttg, I'm thinking it's going to disappear from builds. Perhaps if Judgment wasn't dependent on Illumination.

- Mental Storm's damage has been reduced to be more in line with other damage over time powers.

Is it possible to make the dot scale with charge time? The problem was always the tap damage.

- Strafing run has been reduced to 3 hits. Fixed a bug where each subsequent hit wasn't diminishing in damage. Strafing run now leaves a burning patch after dealing damage. This patch has a chance to apply clinging flames.

Can we get a means (perhaps an advantage) to have this power automatically fire at your current target, rather than being forced to click?
  • mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User

Between this and being affected by nttg, I'm thinking it's going to disappear from builds. Perhaps if Judgment wasn't dependent on Illumination.

I think / hope it'll still be useful as a get away quick type power where I can go from 0-100 and get out of a gank as soon as I can. With my kind of builds I have to get out of 100ft as soon as anyone starts hitting me.

Looking at the changes I can't help but hope one day FG will be nerfed to 50ft being by far better than any other gap closer and all. But OMG so many changes, you guys must have been so busy... Can't wait to give 'em a whirl.
  • crashjrivecrashjrive Posts: 47 Arc User
    Is it just me or is that first link not working?
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    Mini-Gun is being changed for two reasons:

1) No other power in PA does Piercing. Why should it debuff Piercing when the only power it would help (inside the set) would be itself?

2) To try to 'fix' those people using the (very) long time bug of 2GM (or any maintain) and Mini-Gun. They worked quite well together.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    - Skarn's Bane Buff and Energy Form removal have been replaced with a 20% chance every .5 seconds to apply a random debuff to affected targets. This was done as the buff removal was causing problems.

Wow that's a heavy hit to Skarn's functionality. Specifically when dealing with enemies like Ao'Qephoth. I'm going to reserve judgment to see what people's testing reveals.

Too bad I'm a Silver -- as I'd love to spend some testing these massive changes. You guys have been hard at work :smile:​​
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • edited January 2016
    Thanks for fixes but you forgot about about those abuses:

Tractor Beam - Ignores Knock Resistance
    Shockwave - Old Travel Power Removing Mechanics (perma tp removal)
    Sentinel Mastery - 5% of max hp heal per second, scales up to 25% hp per second on 5 targets. Not reducible by heal debuffs.
    Ice Grenades - Removes All Flying Travel Powers

Added:
    Experimental Blaster (gadgets) 1% transform proc works on players, which is pretty much the same as insta gibbing 1% advantage vs a player which was fixed.
    2 Smoke Grenade debuffs on 1 player from 2 other players make it perma stealth disable, which is equal to crybaby nade that was nerfed.

And a new bug i noticed:

MAGICIANS DUST - old device that is pretty much a crybaby grenade equivalent + it removes all travel powers from enemy.
    Spark Shield states it should reflect 15%, but it reflects much less.
    Eruption doesn't root, it only applies root resistance.
    Regeneration Cores don't scale with rank,
    Teleios Lightning Rod device version doesn't move to target.
    Foxbat's Painball Gun device can't be used at all.
    Teleious Invention core mod seems to be doing nothing.
    Neutralizer Grenades do nothing.

And teh suggestion:

Speaking of Omicron/Psionic surge... Can we completely remove this tiny knock chance from them? They honestly serve no purpose except for giving your enemies free knock resistance... Honestly, we have plenty of RNG in this game already, so why do we need those tiny useless procs that increase an amount of RNG even more?

Please think about it, honestly those kinds of procs add no depth to game whatsoever and only add annoyance.
    Post edited by shiningdarkness#2717 on
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    thank you. Ego sprites now gets affected by crit and severity.
    on the other hand, I'll get even more aggro when I hit with them... meh. can't have everything. Thank you​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    The Links are not working at all! they all redirect on the same forum

Not balancing Ebon Ruin's Trauma?
    - Skarn's Bane Buff and Energy Form removal have been replaced with a 20% chance every .5 seconds to apply a random debuff to affected targets. This was done as the buff removal was causing problems.

NONOONONONO! FIX AO'QEPHOTH FIRST! and then Nerf Skarn's Bane!

I will NEVER EVER fight Aoqeface every again until he gets fixed or removed
    - Hex of Suffering can no longer crit. It now gets a damage bonus based off of your crit chance and severity. Hex of Suffering now applies a magic resistance debuff.

that would be useful if Sorcery had MORE than 2 Attacks (Eldritch Blast and Skarn's Bane) no seriously, the Sorcery Trees need more magic attacks
    Did you really had to remove the Critical? really now?
    - Increased range of Sorcery aura passives to 100 ft.
    Oh this will come in handy for Healers and Pet Masters
    - Ascension no longer innately heals. This change was made because Ascension is a active offense, not a active defense. The heal portion is supposed to be wrapped up in the advantage. The Judgement advantage heal has been increased.

Now we are force to take the ADV to Heal other people or did the Self-healing part was removed
    - Psionic Surge Reduced cooldown to 25 seconds. Adjusted knockback chance and strength to be more in line with Omicron Induced Strength.

YAY! My favorite Device got love, time for some Psi-bowling!​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    And speaking of Manipulator and Sorcery
    did Skarn's Bane (Warlock's Malice) and Hex of Suffering (Rank 2 and Rune of Lethargy) got fixed to Trigger Manipulator?​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    If you're taking the buff removal off Skarn's Bane, you either have to:

A: Show mathematical proof that Ao'Qephoth can be defeated in a burst alert without it,
    B: Significantly nerf Ao's burst-buffed healing powers, or
    C: Take Ao out of the burst alert rotation entirely.

The buff removal on Skarn's Bane was the only way to overcome Ao's heals in bursts. Without it, no 5-player team has enough DPS to succeed, and burst alerts will come to a screeching halt when Ao rotates in. (Well, even more so. I doubt many players are playing "Who's got Skarn's Bane?" now.)
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    My Grimoire who tends to happily jump in to help Ao Bursts may be more hesitant now, though I understand that the current debuff breaks a few things. In followup questions:

D : Just what random buffs are in then Skarn's Bane rotation? Random heal debuffs may have worth but it won't be consistent.
    E: Just how strong will Hex of Suffering's debuff be? It might be enough if combined with the debuffs (and is intriguingly timed since I was going to suggest something similar) but that will need testing.
    F: The more interesting aside to this is just where does this leave Planar Fracture? Skarn's sounds like it's taking PF's job so it might be the right time for a balance adjustment there.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
    somebob said:

2) To try to 'fix' those people using the (very) long time bug of 2GM (or any maintain) and Mini-Gun. They worked quite well together.

So now they use minigun/pulse beam rifle? The fix for PA toggles is to take the existing energy cost debuff built into all PA toggles, and adding a damage debuff to all non-slotted powers (you'd still be able to do it, but it would serve no useful purpose).
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    On the point made that there's so few attacks that deal Magic damage, I suggest changing the damaging Sigils to do Magic damage instead of their current damage types. Alternately, make Hex of Suffering debuff Paranormal damage as a whole instead of just Magic damage.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Ascension Tests:

* Still provides flight in normal settings
    * Still provides attack and heal bonuses
    * No longer provides burst healing

BUGS
    ** Judgment Advantage does nothing: does not consume Illuminations on self, allies, or enemies; there is no effect

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    So overall Arcane sorcery got a rather.... potent nerf [the only power from the set that wasn't junk got its main function stripped] and there is no mention of PFF or the much needed buff it requires.

but hey, at least SR was made not as stupidly OP as it used to be.
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • crashjrivecrashjrive Posts: 47 Arc User
    Bug: Neuroelectric Pulse's color can't be changed.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    Question about the Skarn's Bane change --

Is one of the debuffs it applies Trauma? Because that would be helpful. If not Trauma should or something similar should be included. The Sorcery tree and the Grimoire AT are taking a heavy hit with this change.​​
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    To the current CO devs in case it's not known/remembered:
    Ascension used to not have the healing AoE effect (not counting advantages). Then a change was made to make Ascension's flight effect able to be cancelled by Nailed to the Ground, which was logical. Unfortunately, NttG would also remove the buffs that Ascension grants to damage and healing.. The AoE healing effect was added to Ascension to compensate for the fact that it's AO buff can be stripped.

If you are going to remove this AoE healing, PLEASE consider doing something to compensate the NttG stripping effect, or fix it so that NttG does not remove the damage/healing buff.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User

Question about the Skarn's Bane change --

Is one of the debuffs it applies Trauma? Because that would be helpful. If not Trauma should or something similar should be included. The Sorcery tree and the Grimoire AT are taking a heavy hit with this change.​​

kallethen said:

Ascension used to not have the healing AoE effect (not counting advantages). Then a change was made to make Ascension's flight effect able to be cancelled by Nailed to the Ground, which was logical. Unfortunately, NttG would also remove the buffs that Ascension grants to damage and healing.. The AoE healing effect was added to Ascension to compensate for the fact that it's AO buff can be stripped.

If you are going to remove this AoE healing, PLEASE consider doing something to compensate the NttG stripping effect, or fix it so that NttG does not remove the damage/healing buff.​​

Awww, no more Ascension or Skarn's :'( . Welp, gotta lot of toons to go an retcon these powers out of :/
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,087 Cryptic Developer
    kallethen wrote: »

If you are going to remove this AoE healing, PLEASE consider doing something to compensate the NttG stripping effect, or fix it so that NttG does not remove the damage/healing buff.

A fix should be in next patch that prevents the heal/damage bonuses granted by ascension to be removed when the flight portion is removed.​​
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    Cry baby and Ice grenades nerfed. The salt will be glorious >:D
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • quasimojo1quasimojo1 Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Regarding the Ascension change, to utilize the heal effect from Judgement:
    - You need to take two powers, Illumination and Ascension
    - You need to spend 2 points for the Judgement advantage
    - You need to have previously applied Illumination to each target
    - You need to be extremely close to the Illuminated target(s)
    - After all of that setup, I'm getting a ~400 damage effect to nearby illuminated targets and a ~2000 point heal (toon has +91% heal advantage from PRE and equip)
    - This incredible effect is usable once every 90 seconds (call it 67s second with CDR)

Needless to say, Ascension is going from a handy "oh sh**" power to "not worth the slot". Please don't be stingy with the retcons with this patch.

OTOH, the scope of development effort in this patch is encouraging. Keep it up. Can't wait to try the new lair.
    LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    Ascension didn't need a nerf, the aoe heal was great for getting a team out of a jam and it was one of the only useful heal AOs in the game.

Skarns bane also didn't need to be nerfed either, how about instead of taking the easy way out fixing the problems they were causing instead. Now even fewer players will be queuing up for Ao.
  • ogremindesogremindes Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    - Chest Beam and Mini-Gun now debuffs Particle and Crushing resistance. This change was made to focus power debuffs on the type of damage they deal. Mini-Gun now does crushing damage. Shoulder Launcher's Fire damage portion has been changed to Particle.
    LAME. The fact that you have to change Mini-Gun's damage type nonsensically to make this work should be your first clue that this is a bad idea. This actively discourages mixing powers within the set, let alone nixing interesting combinations with other sets. I would go as far as to suggest that the mix of damage types in PA is the reason those powers' debuffs were untyped.
    Post edited by ogremindes on

-Ogre
  • Teleious Invention core mod seems to be doing nothing.
    On ascension, what about reclassifying it as an active defense, putting back the heal part, and removing the damage bonus?
  • dakrushmordakrushmor Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited January 2016

Can we get a means (perhaps an advantage) to have this power automatically fire at your current target, rather than being forced to click?

Yes, we can!
    alias strafealias "+powertrayexec 3 $$ +cursor_click" alias strafe "bind 4 strafealias" alias unstrafe "bind 4 +powertrayexec 3"
    nepht wrote: »
    Cry baby and Ice grenades nerfed. The salt will be glorious >:D
    Too bad Messiah isn't here..
    ​​

• bringmeaslabbringmeaslab Posts: 187 Arc User
    New version of Skarn's applied only the following debuffs when I used it: Shredded, Negative Ions, Chilled, Clinging Flames, Bleed, Deadly Poison, and Aftershock. It was also randomly granting Ego Leech as a buff.
  • mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    avianos said:

that would be useful if Sorcery had MORE than 2 Attacks (Eldritch Blast and Skarn's Bane) no seriously, the Sorcery Trees need more magic attacks

Did you really had to remove the Critical? really now?

​​

I don't know... For me this could be a little buff to the build that I main PvP wise Eldritch Blast Sonic Arrow... EB deals a ton of damage but the target just has to be CC'd, the problem is if a target can actually be CC'd in PvE then usually they die pretty fast anyway. But that's another problem, this change gives me the option to take the targets damage resistances even lower atleast.
  • Speaking of Omicron/Psionic surge... Can we completely remove this tiny knock chance from them? They honestly serve no purpose except for giving your enemies free knock resistance... Honestly, we have plenty of RNG in this game already, so why do we need those tiny useless procs that increase an amount of RNG even more?

Please think about it, honestly those kinds of procs add no depth to game whatsoever and only add annoyance.
  • kunkanekokunkaneko Posts: 17 Arc User
    My input:
    - Skarn's Bane energy form removal will make Ao'Qephoth impossible to beat on Burst Rad-Rumbles...
  • friezalivesonfriezaliveson Posts: 219 Arc User
    avianos said:

And speaking of Manipulator and Sorcery

did Skarn's Bane (Warlock's Malice) and Hex of Suffering (Rank 2 and Rune of Lethargy) got fixed to Trigger Manipulator?​​

No don't touch Skarn's Bane... at ALL. Or did people forget that fact that The Grimoire AT has this for a reason. :L Not that using it in Gravitar matters but still for anything else? I don't want this changed.
  • friezalivesonfriezaliveson Posts: 219 Arc User

If you're taking the buff removal off Skarn's Bane, you either have to:

A: Show mathematical proof that Ao'Qephoth can be defeated in a burst alert without it,
    B: Significantly nerf Ao's burst-buffed healing powers, or
    C: Take Ao out of the burst alert rotation entirely.

The buff removal on Skarn's Bane was the only way to overcome Ao's heals in bursts. Without it, no 5-player team has enough DPS to succeed, and burst alerts will come to a screeching halt when Ao rotates in. (Well, even more so. I doubt many players are playing "Who's got Skarn's Bane?" now.)

^^ This. I had one of bluegrassbeast's builds on Red River one of my characters, that was 2gm-Lead Tempest, dual AO cycling damage which was good for dealing with Ao and his OP healing nonsense. Now that the CDR is set in stone, I honestly don't have any other builds to compensate for this guy now, not even my main Cassandra Elena or my Destroid.

And removing this from the AT isn't going to encourage anyone to play this AT/use the power now. This guy seriously needs to go from the rotation, it's not really difficulty, if I wanted to play something that was "hard" or "challenging" I need only pop the disk of Vexx into my original Xbox.

Yes, we can!

Not with that bind -- that one will just fire where your cursor is pointed at the time you hit the key, but you still have to move your cursor on top of the target. There's no bind you can use to center your cursor on a target.
    Skarns banes new function isn't even remotely as useful as it's original. Random debuffs on things that die before the debuff is actually useful is useless.
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Bug: The confirmation message on the Teleport To Ren Cen device has been removed. Clicking on the device immediately transports the player to Ren Cen, even if they were in an instance at the time. Clicking on the wrong device during a mission could therefore result in the player being immediately removed from the mission and losing all progress.
    Seconded re: the proposed changes to Skarn's Bane. I have several toons with this power, including a lvl 40 grimoire AT, and I've never come across any "problems" as a result of the power. It has already been nerfed at least once before - IIRC it removed Gravitar's Force Manipulation powers - but doing it again to make Ao'Q more difficult, to the point where it's just a beefed up Planar Fracture, seems excessive. I would suggest that the application of random debuffs will not only remove the main utility from an entire AT class but will also become a "team obnoxious" power, removing and resetting other people's power debuffs and combo effects (will have to try this out).
    edited January 2016
    So basically Ascension was Downgraded from a useful Team Support power to a Gimmicky Mess
    Woopty Freaking Doo

You could REMOVE THE SELF HEALING aspect of Ascension and make it only heal ALLIES

Sorcery is jammed up with the Scarn's Bane and Hex of Suffering Nerf
    Magical Resistance Debuff for 2 whole powers, WOW

At least Ebon Ruin's Paranormal Paranoia apply debuff for all Paranormal Damage and works for Ego, Magic and Dimensional

But Sorcery has only 2 ATTACKS!
    Ego damage comes from both Telekinesis-Telepathy
    Dimensional damage comes from both Darkness and Celestial
    Magic Damage...

I think its time Sorcery powersets to get more ATTACKS and Utilities

No don't touch Skarn's Bane... at ALL. Or did people forget that fact that The Grimoire AT has this for a reason. :L Not that using it in Gravitar matters but still for anything else? I don't want this changed.
    Im asking them to fix the Synergy between Manipulator and Sorcery powers there

I don't know... For me this could be a little buff to the build that I main PvP wise Eldritch Blast Sonic Arrow... EB deals a ton of damage but the target just has to be CC'd, the problem is if a target can actually be CC'd in PvE then usually they die pretty fast anyway. But that's another problem, this change gives me the option to take the targets damage resistances even lower atleast.

I don't give a Damn for PvP onion-65.gif​​
    Post edited by avianos on
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Edit: Never Mind
    Post edited by circleofpsi#4619 on
    Psi.
    that goes in the pwoers bugs thread under bugs section. unles those powers are 2 listed in the PTS thread​​

• xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    The change to skarn's bane makes it a better power in more circumstance in my opinion. The only real (big) problem is that so many people used it as a "Ao'Q-B-Gone" power, and now it totally lost that ability. However, keep in mind that Skarn's Bane shouldn't be relegated to being the anti Ao'Q power, he should be fixed on his own. Getting a 20% chance for debuffs every half second is much more useful than removing energy forms since removing energy forms is a niche ability.
    I've been testing it out and the changes are useful as a solo player in general play. Generally my method is to hit mobs with Hex of Suffering (which has a chance to root) and then use Skarn's as the main attack. Energy form removal is moot as most mobs don't have those - and in that case, the debuffs are an useful form of extra damage - particularly as they seem to stack, so you can have Bleed and Deadly Poison, etc at the same time. There may also be some handy synergy with specialisations like Expose, which increases the number of Critical Hits.

However I do wonder about boss fights and Alert balancing. Need more people to queue for Alerts/Rampages on PTS so that we can measure those effects.
    Getting a random debuff that won't have a chance to actually be useful is not more useful then having an aoe dispel, that was also useful against mobs that use damage increasing buffs (*Like the leader bots*).
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I'm not surprised at these changes. (Yes, I saw these Telepathy changes a mile off (and the ones to come), gotta keep the status quo after all).

I cannot wait to see the amount of free retcons that are shipped out to players once they decide to go LIVE with this.

I expect this to be in testing for a couple of months before being shipped to LIVE.

Anyway:
    - Manipulator's duration has been reduced to 20 seconds to match other forms.
    The reason why Manipulator's duration was..., Actually I'm not going to go there, I'll just wait.
    - Updated Massacre's tooltips. Reduced damage variance of the power so damage is more consistent.
    - The shredded debuff now debuffs slashing and physical resistance. Reapplying the debuff no longer extends the duration. Duration increased to 15 seconds.
    Re-applying the buff will still refresh it right? If so then great.
    - Crybaby grenades should now function like regular Smoke Grenade.
    Having had access to both forms of this ability, I think this is a good change.
    This is a change I am happy to see, more in-set synergy within PA. Mini-Gun dealing crushing damage is...weird but I do have a question.

Does this mean that innately Mini-Gun debuffs now? Or is this via the advantage?
    - Fiery Form now has a chance to apply clinging flames when hit by an attack.
    Very nice change, I assume this is at all ranges?
    - Added Kzash Hounds as a pet option for Command Animals.
    :smile:
    This is a really large change, has it been considered that instead of changing it's function, you can change it's classification?

Ascension IMO, should be in a new category: "Active Healing". Allow it to create a burst of healing to all and then apply HoT healing to self and previously healed allies.

- Celestial Cleansing's buff dispel has been replaced with a damage debuff. This was done due to issues the buff dispel was causing.
    Good.
    - Corrected various -travel abilities to properly remove ascension's flight buff.
    Interesting...
    - Ego Sleep no longer incorrectly goes through blocking.
    Despite knowing for sure that this will happen due to certain changes, I maintain that this is a bad move. Change it so that Ego Sleep only bypasses blocking at Rank 3 w/ full charge. It was a unique aspect of the power and actually helps in certain PvE situations, when enemies block.
    - Hex of Suffering can no longer crit. It now gets a damage bonus based off of your crit chance and severity. Hex of Suffering now applies a magic resistance debuff.
    When I saw this being mentioned I honestly hoped it would be a massive change to the power, perhaps making it Tier 3 worthy like a Typhoon style magical attack. However it has been made to work like SoD/ML/MS. So it now seems like the Sorcery version of Mental Storm.
    - Increased range of Sorcery aura passives to 100 ft.
    This is a very good move, thank you.
    - Mental Storm's damage has been reduced to be more in line with other damage over time powers.
    So it has been nerfed because it was a decently powerful power for Telepathy. Not too surprised. (You know I had to take that angle, tbf I know that on certain builds it is very strong so yeah.)
    - Ego Sprites has been changes to a pbaoe power. Its damage now takes into account your crit and severity.
    This is basically a massive reversion to Beta days and then some, I think this may be a good thing, however for Mind AT's and for general purpose, this should be highlighted as it is a massive change to how the power is "known" to work for most.
    This...is a really really bad idea. Seeing as there has been no adjustment to it's energy cost per tick and aside from Ebon Ruin, it was the go-to power for fighting enemies who were incredibly annoying...this entire change needs to be thought through a lot better or well, this power will become useless.

There's no need to Telepathize this power. Consider doing something MORE with it. For example:

Skarn's Bane - Deals continuous magical damage to enemies in a cone in front of you, weakening their connection to this plane of existence, reducing their ability to defend (Skarn's Bane applies the debuffs in this change) and heal themselves (Skarn's Bane now becomes a reliable applicator of Trauma for the healing part). At the end of this powerful spell you have a 50% chance to apply "Banishment" to affected targets. (Banishment is a DISABLE! effect which works on Henchmen, Villain, Enforcer & Master Villain targets ONLY. Banishment will apply a magic resistance debuff to higher level targets such as Players, Super Villains, Legendary & Cosmic Rank foes.)

Rank 2 - Increases as per usual

Rank 3 - Increases as per usual.

"New" Advantage - Arcane Master - Your chance to apply Banishment to targets is increased by 100% (2 pt advantage)

- Orbital Cannon now applies Plasma Burn and has a 40% chance per tick to apply it with Anvil of Dawn.
    In addition to this can you PLEASE decrease the spawn time of the Orbital Cannon entity or SOMETHING to it will always hit targets? Perhaps have the marker apply a solid root to enemies?

Getting a random debuff that won't have a chance to actually be useful is not more useful then having an aoe dispel, that was also useful against mobs that use damage increasing buffs (*Like the leader bots*)

I was trying the MC Destroids open mission on PTS and having some success - there was a definite increase in damage and certain buffs still seemed to be removed (not just Energy Forms). Will compare with the current power on live and see what the differences are.
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Warning: This still apply's on LIVE & PTS, DO NOT REMOVE!

Bugs:

Mind Control Still does not have any SFX/Sounds & Bugs still apply from last topic (PLEASE FIX THIS, ITS HINDERING MY BUILDS!)
    Shadow Of Dout Does not have any SFX/Sounds: Unsure of any bugs of yet

Never the less, the changes look nice, tho I have to ask Force, are the new TP changes bad or good?, cuz I have a build that solidly uses TP powers, & the Bug with Mind Control atm is really hindering my build, to unable to use it.

Post edited by circleofpsi#4619 on
    Psi.
  • dakrushmordakrushmor Posts: 592 Arc User
    So, Strafing Run is kinda nerfed, huh. Meanwhile leaving patch seems interesting. Here's another request: why not to try to compensate that make it working with Targeting Computer? It's ranged technology attack after all. I understand, it spawns entity, but Orbital Cannon does same.
    l've a wind guess, that code which allows Orbital Cannon to benefit from it is listed here as "Critical Severity Enhancement", although it does nothing with Critical Severity probably. Why not just copypaste it to Strafing Run & see what happens? If it won't work out by any means then leave SR w/out TC benefits, but it's worth to try lMO just out of curiosity.