Install Arc
Options

Character Questions... and Answers!

Comments

• Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    deadman20 wrote: »
    Q: What is the cruelest thing your character(s) have said or done?

Moira Mullins, in an Independence Port police station interrogation room, concocting a bulls*** story about Zigursky Penitentiary to convince an android of strong will and questionable ethics to roll on the Marcones:
    Yinz know how the Rhode Island Department of Corrections handles AI inmates in The Zig since Arachnos pulled that little stunt? Plan on spending some time shut down while they figure out how to transfer your software. You're lucky you're on a common platform, so it should only take a week. If they're in a hurry, which they usually aren't. Downtime doesn't count against your sentence, you see. Once you do get transferred, it will be into a standard issue body. You all look alike, you all sound alike. Most of the gang-bangers in there don't have the brains to read the 128-bit UUID etched in your chest, and they keep you segregated from the hackers who do. Nobody will know who you are. But here's the kicker. You will be under the prison mainframe's control the entire length of your sentence. How would you like to spend the next 19 to 24 years as a passenger in your own body?

He started adding guest access to files in an awful hurry after that.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Miss Behavin routinely drops stink bombs in crowds of loitering werewolves, completely aware that they all have heightened senses of smell. They're enough to make regular people wretch.
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited June 2015

While in the midst of battle battle against an alien menace (Nazified Alien Slug Men from Outer Space), Kid Knuckles' genetically-advanced Super-ADHD gets the better of him, and his mind wanders, leading him to...

STU_Panels.jpg
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    gradii wrote: »
    Sounds like my SWTOR main, Zakti the Sith Warrior. Of course, she'd just kill you anyway once she gets the information out of the victim. :biggrin:
    Well, Gunrunner is a hero - for certain values of the word "hero", anyway. But he's also a former gang member and a former member of the US Army, granted psychokinetic powers by exposure to depleted-uranium ammunition and burning chemical waste during the Iraq War. (The effects don't always show immediately - my roommate came home from Iraq back in '12, and he's just starting to display symptoms of Gulf War Syndrome, probably due to those same burning chemical dumps.) So he sometimes uses methods of information-gathering that some of my more straitlaced toons would see as, shall we say, somewhat excessive.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Actual Question I got on local in ren cen last night.

Q: * random noob looks at Nepht* Is that a Pizza Cat homage?

A: I hate your feet.

Random Noob : Wut ._.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Q: Are any of your characters good cooks? Are any of them horrible cooks?

A: Turando can cook well enough on his own mostly due to his time surviving on Monster Island. He's no cannibal though, and turns away from gathering meat from Humans, local Lemurians, Elder Worms, and other Manimals. Cruxie is the same way.

Aside from that, Tirados, Raike, Indus, Tae, and Corella know how to cook.

The best cook on my roster is Aven, who once worked in a restaurant back in her time. Aven is the one who taught Corella how to cook, as well as how to hunt and handle a bow. Aven actually has plans to open up a place of her own and start cooking again, but until she can get a place will continue working as a hero-for-hire.

The WORST cook is Firefly, who always overcooks everything. That's what you get when you work with an arsonist.
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    My worst cook would have to be Happifun Security System X-4 - it doesn't eat, and it doesn't have a cooking subroutine. Should it ever get a cooking patch to its software, of course, that would change matters considerably...

Repulsor's brain is that of a nine-year-old boy, so his idea of "delicious" may or may not match yours. On the other hand, his body doesn't eat either - he needs to reload the nutrient liquid for his brain occasionally, and the body sometimes needs a recharge, but it's not the same thing.

Gunrunner can cook after a fashion, but only a few dishes, the ones he learned from his abuelita. He makes killer enchiladas carnitas. Other than that, well, in the Army he learned to enjoy MREs, so the less said about his tastes, the better.

Hypernova is actually a pretty good cook - if it hadn't been for the mysterious light giving him powers, he might have gone on to cooking school, and possibly even gotten employment as a chef. However, being a superhero doesn't leave him with a lot of time to polish his skills. The rest of the team does like it when it's his turn to bring food for their meetings, though...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• Options
    edited June 2015
    I hear some MREs aren't bad.

They're pretty good and really help get you by when money's tight for groceries and/or when the power goes out and you can't use a microwave or fire to heat your food. I'm actually glad I always have some for those kinds of emergencies. :3
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Q: Do you characters have any well-kept secrets?

A: Turando's best secret is the material he uses for his equipment and who supplies it. The only other person that knows who the suppliers are is Sorrel.

• Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited June 2015

A: Arona, she has two secrets, neither known to anybody other than herself, the first one is forumlia needed to create dekonittie and the second secret is her name, she refuses to tell her true name, instead going by the self appointed moniker of "Arona"
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    edited June 2015

I'm unintentionally good at this one.

Sister Silicon Prime can't reveal any specific information about her home universe. In character, it's because there's a quarantine policy that's designed to avoid crossovers, because Crossovers Are Bad. (Out of character, it's because NCSoft employs intellectual property lawyers who are, by their nature, petty and malicious.)

Hitomi Hanzo is in witness protection after burning a few bridges with her Family, so to speak.

Now, for a similar question:

Q: Are you keeping any secrets from your own characters?

SSP became an Incarnate when she became an android. Warning: CoH/headcanon lore dump. In the universe where she was uploaded, the scientist who developed the uploading technology was himself a fast-path Incarnate with the power of Hephaestus. He'd need the power of a god to develop 20nm finfet process architecture, massively parallel multi-core 64-bit processors, holographic crystal storage memory with 3-axis UV laser read-write heads, and zero-point energy capture, and fit it all in something the size of a thermos bottle, to overcome Dr. Destroyer's genophage as quickly as possible, all in the early '80s. The androids being created by the uploading process were all on the slow path because a mysterious benefactor tipped off the scientist that their universe's Battalion was coming. Siobhan knows none of this, though, because CoH Issue 19 was released after CO launched. :wink:
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    friezalivesonfriezaliveson Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Gang members CONSPIRING TO SELL WEAPONS TO CHILDREN AT SCHOOL do not deserve to be tried under the law. They deserve to be chained and dragged by their hands with bleeding feet at the back end of a pickup truck.

- Kakuto Chojin; Somewhere in Westside.

Q: Are any of your characters good cooks? Are any of them horrible cooks?

Cassandra Elena I/II can cook just find though majority of my characters use the 'take out' way of cheating to cook. lol

Cassandra Elena's adoptivve daughter is not known to many people, and if asked she will:

A. Deny it.
    B. Call you a liar.
    C. The above.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Hypernova knows that he came by his powers when a strange light shone from the sky. His nom du guerre reflects the fact that he believes it was the last flare of a dying star, somehow infusing him with the power of a race that had lived on one of its planets.

Unbeknownst to him, he was in fact subjected to a Coruscation of Power, a random fluctuation of energy across space/time that resulted/will result from the creation of the evil Xarriel. He is also unaware that his Nemesis is in fact an agent of Xarriel, dispatched to attempt to take the power back. (The agent, upon discovering some of the pleasures available on Earth, has become a little distracted from his main quest...)

• Options
    edited June 2015

Hmm, well I dunno if this would count but...

A: Dawn broke the boundaries of the universe, causing other universes to spill into this one. She is the reason Tae, Corella, Aven, Venomancer, and many others crossed over. Because of this anomaly, Zimo and Zaira were alerted and came to Earth to investigate. In addition, characters from this universe are also prone to showing up in other universes.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Q: Before we lose our wonderful thread here... Do any of your characters have multiple versions of themselves? Such as alternate universe, timeline, or just an entirely different concept taken on said character?

A: I figure by now you guys know that there's at least two different versions of Turando. The one in the current timeline which you all know and love/hate, and another from an apocalyptic timeline. There is another which has not been talked about though, but that's why this is here, right? There are some key differences between these multiple versions of Turando.

The current Turando is a Combat Medic Manimal. This one's Nanites glow a Pale Green color and has little to no armor. Runs around with two pistols; a standard Munitions one and a Disruption Nanite version. He is the precursor to the other two versions of himself.

The Apocalyptic Turando designates himself as "The Iron Wolf". His nanotech glows a bright red-orange. He is described by Dawn as an animal trapped in a machine. He has the most combat experience and came to be due to a little hitch a suit which would allow him to adapt to any environment or lack thereof. He is the result of the failed "retirement".

The other version of Turando, which has never been observed by anyone other than Dawn, is able to return to Hero work for a short time. His nanotech glowed a bright sky blue. His "retirement" was successful, gaining his much needed supplies to continue his work. Dawn assisted Turando directly in this timeline. Turando was able to remove his Prototype Nanites thanks to Dawn's info, but this inadvertently kills him. His body could not take the loss of his one lifeline. He dies weeks later.

--

There are two versions of Dahlgreen, one is a Jetpacking Biotech Medic, and the other is a well-equipped soldier. There's... not much else to tell.

--

• Options
    friezalivesonfriezaliveson Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Q: Before we lose our wonderful thread here... Do any of your characters have multiple versions of themselves? Such as alternate universe, timeline, or just an entirely different concept taken on said character?

Lady Death Arc is essentially Ms. Electrolyte from Multifaria. Shadow Destroyer's personal Hero executioner. Shadow D used the destroids in search for any kind of magical influence(natural born or not) that would be considered a threat.

They found Consuelo with the artifact and her parents. Next thing she knows is Shadow D fusing the spirit of that artifact(the one that granted ME Electrical Powers) with her, after that her parents were executed but with convincing words(Harmon said that utilizing her anger on the trash called heroes -- in reality he was using his magic to brainwash her into submission a submission that was very, very loyal with her powers but also very dangerous)since there were clearly no heroes around to save them, she took up the name Lady Death Arc and started publicly executing former heroes. One that attempted in escaping or rebellion(think of it as being strapped to a chair and electrocuted until your body was nothing but a charred corpse) because of this she is on level of villain sociopath.

Currently in current Champions Earth playing Cat and Mouse with Ms. Electrolyte(the good but compromised hero due to her anger issues). They have fought in multiple occasions. Leading to several stalemates neither LDA able to kill of ME or ME able to put LDA in prison.

But it seem that ME is had enough of LDA's consistent attack and has it would appear they are going to face each other for the last time after she found some leads as to where LDA was hiding.

Will there be a conclusion? Will Ms Electrolyte be free from her 'mirrored' self? Or will Lady Death Arc erase her good self forever from memory? Find out in the next exicting episode of Dragon Ba-- whoops wrong show. :p
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,066 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Oh yes. ;)

Here's a few questions:

If your character had to work with a villainous organization in order to defeat a greater threat, which organization would they prefer to work with and why?

What do your characters think of Defender's super team The Champions? Do they have a member of the team they particularly like? Dislike?
  • Options
    If your character had to work with a villainous organization in order to defeat a greater threat, which organization would they prefer to work with and why?

Turando has a particular vendetta against VIPER and ARGENT since they both have tried to enslave or torture him back when he was merely surviving on Monster Island. Even with this hate in mind, he will prefer to work alongside them to bring down a larger threat... if only to stab their backs as a form of vengeance when all is said and done.
    What do your characters think of Defender's super team The Champions? Do they have a member of the team they particularly like? Dislike?

Most of my "heroes" don't mind the Champions. They just see them as another group of heroes to work with.

• Options
    Before we lose our wonderful thread here... Do any of your characters have multiple versions of themselves? Such as alternate universe, timeline, or just an entirely different concept taken on said character?

Um, let me see... YES!

SSP doesn't have the history others may have with the established villain groups, but she knows the big bads when she sees them. She didn't just fall off the Best Buy truck, you know. So if it came down to her and ARGENT working together to defeat Mechanon or Dr. Destroyer, she'd deal with it.

Again, SSP's lack of history means she's still learning about the good guys, too. She's been coming around on the Champions, but when she first arrived, she was convinced their greatest superpower was Marketing. Keep in mind that she comes from a universe where history's big city-destroying superhero battle didn't leave thirteen casualties, it left eight survivors, so to be honest, she still thinks the Champions pale a bit in comparision to the Freedom Phalanx.
  • Options
    Q: Do any of your characters have multiple versions of themselves? Such as alternate universe, timeline, or just an entirely different concept taken on said character?

Most of my aliens do not have alternate universe versions of themselves, however my human characters do. These alternate universe versions of themselves such as Bionic Bullet (AU version is Avenging Arrow in Multifaria), are usually evil and have either been brought forward into our universe or my characters have encountered them whilst in Multifaria.

And of course there is always the lovely MANTELLO, which I find to be a fantastic joke. :smiley:

I don't have an AU counterpart for Mentella ICly however.

Although, I have in the past had multiple versions of Mentella to represent different aspects of her abilities, such as an "Astral Form" build etc. But I no longer have these other builds.

In the past I did also run an invisibility focused build for ForceGirl, but I also dropped that.

But going back to the question, my characters CharmCaster and Alara The Light Guardian are able to visit other dimensions, timelines and exist within them but they are the only versions of them that can exist.
  • Options
    Q: Who are the least/most active characters in your roster? And before you ask, no I don't mean the characters you play the most/least.

A: Despite being an avatar determined to empower other heroes, Anatari is not always out assisting them. Instead, she spends much of her time in a meditative state in an attempt to sustain and recover more of the power which she lost whilst coming into existence here. She only comes to assist heroes when they want help, which is not very often. Even while active, she hardly performs any actions. Being relatively god-like, most attacks don't phase her, and most of the power she kept doesn't require any motion at all, only her presence on the field.

Turando is probably the most active on my roster, being the workaholic he is. He is usually runs scientific-investigative contracts Angelstone sends his way. He does not conduct criminal investigations or fight like he used to, instead he spends his "free time" conducting research and collecting supplies from outside sources. All of this is invested toward his eventual return as a full-time crime-fighting "hero". One good thing about his personal nanites constantly reconstructing his body is that he always has energy and never needs to rest... ever.

• Options
    The Warder is an alt-u version of Defender - in his home reality, he was Defender. James Harmon IV was crippled during the Battle of Detroit, and when he built his "avenging hero" powered armor, he convinced his bodyguard, Tyrone Watson, to be Defender and help found the Champions. His Harmon activated the experimental long-range teleport at the same time as ours; Tyrone was supposed to appear at the facility in Flint Ridge, but instead became entangled with the transdimensional signal sent by our Harmon's device and wound up in the CO universe. His armor was badly damaged in the transition; Harmon, recognizing (with shock) both an alternate take on his armor and the living body of his friend, Tyrone, who had been killed years earlier during the Qularr Invasion, took this other Defender under his wing. They've been working on both repairing his armor and finding a way to get him home ever since. As long as he's here, though, Tyrone is also helping out the local superhero population, under the name of the Warder.

• Options
    Hmm...

Q: Who among your roster is best at fitting multiple situations? Who can barely handle the jobs they are given?

A: Turando probably has the best overall capabilities and experience, using a few handy tricks, some nanite ammo to shred physical armor and disable organic material, medical nanite gadgets for allies, self-replicating nanites in his own body constantly reconstructing and revitalizing him, good mobility, and absolutely nothing stopping him from being himself.

Corella may be an adventurer, but she does not have a lot of skills to compete with other heroes and villains of this day and age. She can only cast minor spells and only has a little hunting training with a bow thanks to Aven. She also has a sword, but has never been trained to use it. It's her combination of these abilities that allows her to survive among friends like Aven and Tae. To put it into perspective, Miss Gimp is thematically stronger than Corella... and Miss Gimp doesn't even get to use a passive or equipment ingame! Corella was never a fighter anyway. She only ever wanted to see the world.

Q: If a character of someone else's (Known or believed to be heroic) were to be seen doing criminal activities, how would some of your characters react?

• Options
    Q: If a character of someone else's (Known or believed to be heroic) were to be seen doing criminal activities, how would some of your characters react?

Meant to answer that, but never quite got to thinking on it before posting.

A: Turando (and 90% of everyone else roster) would simply treat them as villains and attempt to bring them down. Turando is strongly against innocents being killed and will try to return the favor should a life be cut short. He gets particularly riled up when he detects blood, and the more of it there is, the more fierce he becomes. Doesn't matter if it's friend or foe's.

• Options

I don't think I answered this earlier so...

Generally speaking...

I guess overall (for most on the roster) there would be a sense of confusion and disappointment initially, as well as curiosity as to what could have caused such a change in behaviour. I suppose it also depends on the kind of criminal activity as well as the population it is affecting, other villains, civilians etc. Due to the varied amount of villains/villainous organizations and forces out there, that character of someone else's could be under some form of subtle or overt mind control (Psychic or through means of an implant or mind control serum), under some form of enchantment or forced to carry out criminal activities by an organization through the use of a kidnapping as a bargaining chip for a loved ones life.

Mentella - Actually been in a situation like this before. She would observe the situation and determine if there are any form of controlling influences affecting the mental processes of an individual. If there are she'd likely knock out the person in question and remove the controlling influence. If the criminal acts are excessively violent and affect civilians, then there isn't much room for observation, she'd have to step in as soon as possible to bring the individual down. If there is no mind control and it becomes apparent that they are being forced to commit crimes (this would probably be apparent through the lack of wanton destruction) in order to keep someone they love alive...she would offer to help the hero. However, if it is clear that this person is simply committing criminal acts because they have power, they'd be treated like a villain.

ForceGirl - Much like her sister, she'd try and make sense of the situation, through using her stealth capabilities or trying to talk to the person to find out what is going on. As she lacks the tools to deal with mind control directly, she'd try and locate the source in order to stop the mind control but if she is unable to, she'd at the very least stop the hero/person and hand them over to the proper authorities. She'd use her abilities to minimize the amount of damage that the person is carrying out and would probably try to subdue them in a relatively mild manner if they are extremely persistent.

Techna Ology - Techna has access to many different feeds from her SpyBots and will draw upon that knowledge and footage to see if there was anything seen which might clue her into why this person she knew to be a hero had taken a turn for the worst. As she's not out in the field that much, she'd only go out and personally stop this person if she was good friends with them, in order that they aren't damaged by (or don't damage) heroes who are overly zealous about stopping bad guys.

• Options
    Q: Who are the least/most active characters in your roster? And before you ask, no I don't mean the characters you play the most/least.

In terms of keeping busy either by acting as a super hero and saving people or running a business...I'd have to say all my characters are pretty busy, but perhaps the busiest would be CharmCaster.

CharmCaster is regularly working under the direction of her superiors, who at any given time may summon her in order to travel to another time, dimension, reality in order to carry out an assignment and because of this she may be gone for months at a time without rest and once she does manage to return to Earth, well if she isn't teaching, she's working alongside the heroes of Millennium City as well as several magical societies and super mages, as well as acting in her role as a consultant/member of Project Hecate, an UNTIL sanctioned division.

As for the least active character...

I'd have to say Psion The Psinister. Ever since his re-education and expression of a desire to be a superhero, he just has that to work on, he has no extra obligations such as running a business, chain of academies or working for another organization. He'll go on patrol when he feels like it but aside from that he's just there to look good.

Q: Who among your roster is best at fitting multiple situations? Who can barely handle the jobs they are given?

I have a few actually but I'll just give two examples...

Mentella - Due to her knowledge about Earth, other alien races, her own race as well as her extensive knowledge about human psychology and her incredibly powerful natural mental abilities, Mentella's skillset allows her a fairly large degree of flexibility and ability to adapt to various situations, be it infiltration, knowledge gathering or an outright assault. Her access to resources both on Earth and off world as well as her power level, skill and intelligence can make her an invaluable ally or a deadly enemy.

ForceGirl - When faced with new situations, she'll do her best to protect herself using her powerful force fields. Her force fields are capable of withstanding incredible amounts of damage and are limited only by her concentration and will to survive. Her mastery over her natural abilities allows her to best support herself as well as use her force fields and invisibility to combat civilian casualties or to act as an unyielding opponent for the threat to focus on in order to allow other heroes a chance to escort civilians out or deal with a secondary issue.

As for someone who is less skilled to handle situations...I'd probably have to say...Spc. Morrison.

Spc. Morrison - Despite being in possession of a suit of armor that allows her to camouflage and grants weaponry...she has no mental defences, so she cannot stop someone from reading her mind, tampering with her thoughts or trying to control her. Her suit of armor's camo-tech whilst very useful will enter a cooling off period upon activating another armor system such as an attack function. The armor itself, whilst it does grant her strong offensive abilities, enough to content with super human threats, she cannot easily withstand superhuman impacts or stand toe to toe with super humans as aside from the stealth suit, she is an ordinary human with some military training.

• Options
    Questions...

How well would your character(s) handle a social situation (such as being at a large party or at some sort of club)? Who would handle it really well and who would handle it not so well? And Why?

Do any of your characters have a family member or close friend who has become a super villain and regularly targets them? How does your character react? (If your character's don't, imagine they do, if you want to answer this)

If you had to choose one of your characters to meet in real life, who would it be? Why? And do you think you would get on?

• Options
    How well would your character(s) handle a social situation (such as being at a large party or at some sort of club)? Who would handle it really well and who would handle it not so well? And Why?

Turando doesn't always go to such events, but when he does he stays away from the crowd. Sure, he likes to celebrate and cut loose but he just doesn't like groups of people at all. Much prefers contact on a one-to-one basis since he notices that groups tend to do some of the stupidest things.

Aven enjoys such gatherings. In fact, she would be a great host. Good demeanor, always checking to make sure the party is still going and everyone's happy. That being said, she doesn't always go out to party, nor does she host them often. She feels that it's easier to get people excited for a party when the potential party-goers aren't burnt out on them.
    Do any of your characters have a family member or close friend who has become a super villain and regularly targets them? How does your character react? (If your character's don't, imagine they do, if you want to answer this)

Turando, or rather "The Iron Wolf", Dawn's father in her original timeline was a villain post-retirement and pre-apocalypse. He put intense focus into upgrading his combat nanite tech and was, for the most part, working for the bad guys. Dawn had a better upbringing with her mother remaining a hero. She was told stories when she was young about how her father did his best to help others, and how he had changed sides. Now she has the opportunity to change her father's fate as well as save the world. Why wouldn't she take it?
    If you had to choose one of your characters to meet in real life, who would it be? Why? And do you think you would get on?

I shudder at the thought of some of my characters being real. In all honesty though, I wouldn't mind hanging out with Aven. She's nicer and more generous than the others would be, as well as being a great all-round teacher and leader. Hell, we could probably go bow hunting together sometime. Wouldn't mind working at her restaurant if she happened to own one.

• Options
    blkjackwilliamsblkjackwilliams Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    This thread has been fun to read; do not die thread! Answers focus on main; Black Jack Williams.

Q: Who do you think is the most powerful character in your roster concept-wise? This one is for everyone involved.

Jack Williams, by design

Q) What are your character's hobbies outside of fighting crime?

Gambling and attending Parties/Social Functions

Q) Quote(s) your character are known to say

Jack:
    “We can do this the easy way or *insert threatening quip*”
    Laurie:
    “How were/are you a bounty hunter when all you do is *insert thing she’s mocking Jack about*

Q: How likely would you guys be willing to write out a "chapter" of your character's adventures? Something that doesn't actually tie into the game's available content

Jack has many, even before he was in CO.

Q) Most valuable person/thing your character is willing to protect.. Whether it be a memory, person or object.etc..

Laurie Hollis

Q: Where do your various heroes stand on the 'do not kill' issue? What might make them cross that line if they haven't already?

Code of Honor: Do not kill; Exception if someone is harmed who has the same level of emotional attachment as he has for Laurie, he will be compelled to kill that person.

Q: What is the first thing that comes to mind when your character(s) hear a Quote like this:
    In all of mankind's history, there has never been more damage done than by people who "Thought they were doing the right thing".

“Yeah cool damage. Another person trying to be deep and intellectual. Just keep doing nothing and stay out of our way.”

One insane individual, responsible for many deaths, a Joker/Anonymous hacker type amalgamation, managed to discover who Laurie was. Kidnapping and threatening her, he put Jack through multiple horrors for his amusement. When Jack finally got to him, he used his nanites to re-construct the man’s brain, rendering him sane. Jack knew full well no sane man would be able to live with the many horrors that man was responsible for, and the man took his own life before the police got to him.

Q: Do any of your characters have multiple versions of themselves? Such as alternate universe, timeline, or just an entirely different concept taken on said character

Multifarian Laurie Hollis is that dimension's version of Spade, Turning Rebels and freedom fighters in for bounty.

Jack was a Freedom fighter that managed to prevent Shadow Destroyer’s takeover of Nevada until the Empress showed interest in the dimension and Jack was forced to shifting his attention to fighting her off. He believes Shadow Destroyer may be responsible for the Empress’ sudden attention.

Q: How well would your character(s) handle a social situation (such as being at a large party or at some sort of club)? Who would handle it really well and who would handle it not so well? And Why?

Very well. His day job is a fundraiser responsible for high class/Socialite/College/Community parties and events that raise many, many millions of dollars annually for charity.

Question for people:

Are there any tropes/memes that you were unaware of when you first made you character(s) that you later discovered fit you character(s) to a T?

A: Black Jack Williams -> Blackredder extraordinaire :/
  • Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    Just answering these to help keep the thread alive [a few answers might change a little in the details as I'm finally going to put up my re-written primus page tomorrow...yay]

Q: Who do you think is the most powerful character in your roster concept-wise?

That would be Tikaia, hands down due to her raw magical capability, allowing her to potentially summon a shard of the sun itself, burning the earth to ashes.

Q: What are your Character's hobbies outside of fighting crime.

Arona Runs a small, but extremely profitable tech firm.
    Tikaia usually spends her time studying and practicing magic.
    Styker can most likely be found trying to steal something shiny.
    Kinertha spends her free time in her cave on MI meditating.
    Tillabeth more often than not gets drunk in a bar somewhere
    The Gold knight just sleeps...he is a golem after all.
    Smiler never really stops....like...ever.

Q: Quote(s) your character are known to save

only two of my characters have "quotes" as it where
    The Gold Knight: When even gods fall, I still endure!
    Arona: Swoows [what it means, is a secret]

Q: How likely would you guys be willing to write out a "chapter" of your character's Adventures?

Eh, I've been thinking about doing it from time to time....trick is finding the spare time to do it.

Q: Most valuable person/thing your character is willing to protect?

Arona: The King's Forge Gauntlet, created with the heart of her older brother.
    Tikaia: Her gridmore, full of decidaes of magical research.
    Styker: Her GI, all she has left of her former self.
    Kinertha: The Innocent, which is why she lives in a cave so when she "snaps" she can't hurt them.
    TIllabeth: Maxamilion Thirdmor, her father.
    The Gold Knight: Life as a whole, although he won't hesitate to take a life to save others and himself.
    Smiler: Meat, he's....not right in the head.

Q: Where do your heroes stand on the "do not kill" issue?

Arona: Kills swiftly and near painlessly, as she hates inflicting unnecessary suffering.
    Tikaia: Spares Mortals, Kills un-natrual things like ghosts, demons, zombies, robots and so on.
    Styker: Prefers to avoid conflict if at all possible, when made to fight delivers swift, clean death.
    Kinertha: Outright refuses to fight those that are pure, revels in the slaughter of those she sees as "tainted" though.
    Tillabeth: Kills if they refuse to surrender.
    The Gold Knight: Refuses to kill all but the most evil and corrupt beings.
    Smiler: Not on purpose, if they survive him doing his "thing" then he will leave them be.

Q: What's the first thing to come to your character(s) mind when they hear a quote like this:
    In all of mankind's history, there has never been more damage done by people who "thought they were doing the right thing"

Arona: From experience...it's usually the methods rather than the result that cause the damage you speak of.
    Tikaia: Thank you captain obvious.
    Styker: Still makes it easy to take advantage of the mess afterwards for personal gain.
    Kinertha: I care not for your reasons, you shall burn all the same.
    Tillabeth: As long as they pay well, I don't care.
    The Gold Knight: One of the sad truths of humanity....
    Smiler: But will there still be meat?

Only Arona qualifies for this having done something that can be judged as cruel.

A arsonist decided to burn down her house...in an act of retaliation she captured them, Enhanced them to stop them dying so easily, mutilated them, bathed their wounds in salt and then fed them to a pack of starved wolves, watching the entire thing....took him nearly 20 minuets to die.

Q: Do any of your characters have multiple versions of themselves?

Multifrian Smiler works as a sane, if somewhat dull engineer for the resistance, usually put in-charge of explosives and demolitions.

Q: How well would your character(s) handle a social situation (such as being at a large party or at some sort of club)?

With the exceptions of the somewhat brash Tillaebth, they would all handle such a situation rather poorly, most of them not even showing up to begin with and the others not sticking around for long.

Q: Are there any tropes/memes that you were unaware of when you first made your character(s) that you later discovered fit your character(s) to a T?

Not that I know of...no.
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    Are there any tropes/memes that you were unaware of when you first made you character(s) that you later discovered fit you character(s) to a T?

Uh well... all of them? I don't exactly read up on "Tropes", but I'll make an exception for now and just start labeling some of my characters... because why not? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Turando: Wolf Man, Guns Akimbo/Gun Fu, Gadgeteer Genius, The Smart-Guy, The Lancer, Jack Of All Stats, Nigh-Invulnerability (Bet you saw this one coming... Achieved with: Resurrection (via Nanites), External Repair (via Nanites), and Impossibly Good Luck).
    Scout: Shotguns Are Just Better, Fragile Speedster, The Trickster, Sixth Ranger, Guns Akimbo/Gun Fu.
    Aven: Trick Arrow, Holy Hand Grenade (Celestial and Radiant Magic), Nigh-Invulnerability (Achieved with: Resurrection (Phoenix-born)), Team Mom, White Magician Girl.
    Kitty Tempest: Shock and Awe, Powered Armor, The Professor.

That's all I've got for now.
    ​​

• Options
    gorinzachiangorinzachian Posts: 40 Arc User
    Khana the Huntress is unaware that her tribe was betrayed from within.

Q: Who do you think is the most powerful character in your roster concept-wise?
    That would be Bio-Dread, the self-repairing, god-blasting, aerial juggernaut.

Q: What are your Character's hobbies outside of fighting crime.
    Maj. Matrix is an avid bodybuilder when not whoopin' the bad guys or being a mother to her teenage sons.

Q: Quote(s) your character are known to save
    Khana usually utters a prayer before letting an arrow loose.

Q: How likely would you guys be willing to write out a "chapter" of your character's Adventures?
    Khana. She is, by far, my most fleshed-out character.

Q: Most valuable person/thing your character is willing to protect?
    Khana the Huntress: She doesn't want the world to go through the apocalypse that shaped her time.
    Bio-Dread: Programmed to be 200% loyal to VIPER.
    Jasmine Tyler: Will defend VIPER, the organization that gave her a purpose in life, to the end.
    Maj. Matrix: She has two sons.
    Sergei Firebane: The forests of Siberia

Jasmine seduced a man into doing jobs for VIPER, and when a job came along that he was reluctant to do, she had him turned into a cyborg and enslaved.

Q: Do any of your characters have multiple versions of themselves?
    No.

Q: How well would your character(s) handle a social situation (such as being at a large party or at some sort of club)?
    Khana can be somewhat reserved in social situations, while the Major tends to be more friendly.

Q: Are there any tropes/memes that you were unaware of when you first made your character(s) that you later discovered fit your character(s) to a T?
    Sergei might, to a small extent fit Master Roshi or Yoda.