What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Character Questions... and Answers!

Comments

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Q: Are there any tropes/memes that you were unaware of when you first made your character(s) that you later discovered fit your character(s) to a T?

Happifun Security System X-4 is a combination of Instant A.I., Just Add Water and Grew Beyond Their Programming - it was initially designed as the prototype for a series of family-friendly security robots, for malls and parks and such, but while recharging after a test run, its systems were assaulted by the feedback from an attack during the 2009 Qularr Invasion, and it developed full sapience. Fortunately, its first inputs came from a wireless connection it established to SOCRATES while trying to repair its damaged software, so it decided to become a hero...​​
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Q: There are multiple reasons why a hero chooses to do what they do, some are more noble, others have a secret goal behind a front they put up. What are your characters' plans for the future of their careers? What are their true intentions?

A: Turando is a combat medic in his own right, and while he says he heals so that his patients may live he is also doing his best to control his rising ferocity. Remember, if he detects blood, he begins to gain a lot of energy, eventually losing himself to the more feral side of his manimal self. He was created by Moreau to hunt, and Turando's wolfish bloodlust would've made him a perfect candidate. He truly has good intentions, but he is not healing others so they may live directly. He heals others so that he remains in control of himself, so nobody else will become injured by what he can become. That's why he develops into nanotech, to give himself a way to both quickly heal wounds and quickly incapacitate criminals before those wounds can be caused.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• Options
    Q: What can your characters counter and what would they best synergize with in a team setting, and why?

A:
    -Turando is a particularly strong counter to organic beings and light to moderately strong armor, capable of reducing physical defense and shutting down living systems with nanotech. Turando's nanotech also allow him to easily pair up with most other physical beings, whether organic or machine. An effective and broad choice for nearly any physical confrontation.

-Cruxie is a good counter against those with feelings or empathy, being able to instill fear and doubt among those around her. Cruxie is great alongside a telepath, as she can weaken the enemy's mental defenses for them to exploit.

-Kitty Tempest's electric mutation and biotech experience allow her to destroy both biologic and technologically-inclined enemies with ease. Kitty is best paired with an ally who can either keep her energy up or assist in distributing her power.

-Scout is a great counter against small groups of weaker enemies. Though, mostly a means to distract the enemy, she can easily drop targets that have little defense or are too slow to keep up with her. Scout is best paired with someone who can cover her flaws, such as her own poor defense or lack of actual stopping power for tougher enemies.

-Raike the Celestial Dragon is a being of light and magic, and as such is innately strong against those who thrive in the shadows. She bends light to her will and is capable of seeking out the thoughts of others to inspire them. Raike is best paired with another loyal warrior.

-Venomancer is attuned to the magic of poison and is a strong alchemist. Her abilities and toxins are potent against many organic and magical beings, forcing them into sickness and draining both their physical and mental strength. She is best alongside someone tougher, as she is not a physically strong individual.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)

• Options
    raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    deadman20 said:

Q: Who do you think is the most powerful character in your roster concept-wise? This one is for everyone involved.

This would have to be Pandy no contest... coneptually she has the power to manifest anything she can imagine into reality, granted she can only maintain such manifestations for as long as she can concentrate on them... due to her young age she's far to easily distracted to be capable of utilizing her power to it's full potential...
    Crescent is a close second seeing as she's pretty much immortal... And Cortex follows in third...
    deadman20 said:

Q: Which do you (and a majority of your characters) prefer; Technology, Magic, or Natural Abilities?

I personally have no real preferance, I like all three pretty equally... the majority of my characters however are largely Technology &/or Natural Abilities...

Q: Do any of your characters have familial ties to each other?

Yes, Gamma & Mere are a married couple.
    Gauntlet & Paradigm are twin sisters... though they couldn't be any more different from each other...

Q) What is the most embarassing situation your character has been in? (Pick any character)

The honor of this one goes to Vector who got herself stuck in a tree hanging by her cape when she was trying to "fly"... she's a powerful telekenetic, but is incapable of affecting her own body with her power, but catching a ride on another object she is using her power on does work... she found she can levitate a cape while wearing it and use that to fly, but while practicing she flew into a tree in RenCen and got herself stuck.

Q) What are your character's hobbies outside of fighting crime?

That depends on which one you're asking... many of them arn't well enough developed characterwise to answer this, but here's a few of the more prominent ones I can answer this for:
    Synaptic enjoys tapping into local wifi networks and catching up on the latest in technological advancements, ordering new gadgets and parts, and upgrading her cybernetic body.
    Vector enjoys testing the limits of her power and exploring the city... usually she ends up walking into a crime in progress rather than actively seeking them out... She also enjoys letting people believe she's just a little kid...
    Mystyx is an obsessive bookworm... when she's not fighting crime she can almost always be found with her face burried in a book... or several...
    Gamma & Mere spend a lot of time charting the stars trying to determine where their homeworld is...
    Blastwave can't pry herself away from tinkerring with her J.O.L.T. suit when shes not fightng crime
    Gauntlet likes to scavage around for abandoned tech and repurpose things
    Valiant can either be found creating new gaddgets, improving on exising ones, or hacking... She just does it for fun though, she never take anything... and she only ever changes stuff if it patains to her... she prefers her private life be kept that way and goes to great lengths to ensure it.
    Cortex experiments with new holographic projections, though she tends to return to the same look a lot
    Ay Kya is far to preoccupied trying to figure out which of the millions of "strange tailless pink beings enhabbiting Sol 3" (Human's of Earth) stole her ship and where it is to engage in any sort of hobby... but should she ever pry herself away from her search she enjoys explorations, it's the whole reason she landed here to begin with after all... She came to enjoy her hobby and someone stole her ship...
    Freedom Girl's hobby actualy IS crime fighting... that and trying to find a reliable way of acquiring superpowers... You know, normal Highschool girl stuff... what? That's not normal? Shhh... don't tell her that...
    Cold Snap enjoys reading comic books

Q) Most valuable person/thing your character is willing to protect.. Whether it be a memory, person or object.etc..

For Gamma & Mere that would be eachother...

Q) Quote(s) your character are known to say.

Cortex: "I can take any form I wish, this one pleases me" "Can I feel? Emotionally or physically?"
    Crescent: "I've already died, what more can they take from me?"
    Valiant: "Ok, Val, you can do this... just hit the truster and... NOPE! Staying on the ground!"
    Ay Kya: "Strange tailless pink beings" Note: she doesn't know any earth languages...
    Shion: "What do you mean it's not normal? Can't everyone talk to wolves?" "I am too a human." Note: She's in complete denial...
    Gauntlet: "Can I borrow this? Thanks, this will work perfectly"
    Vector: "Why does no one ever believe me when I tell them I'm 16?"

Q) You character's pet peeves/ things that annoy them.

Shion: Being told that she's not a human... despite the obvious fact that she isnt one... she's utterly convinced that she is.
    Synaptic: Being pittied... she would rather people just treat her like an ordinary person again...
    Vector: Orphanages... She wants nothing to do with them... she had sworn to run away from any orphanage she gets put into...
    Crescent: Being asked what death was like... the memories of her murder haunt her enough as is...

Q)How they view their family/friends. (If any)

Vector: She misses her parents dearly... when she does actually go out looking for crimes she's usully tring to find any leads to their murderers.
    Crescent: Watches her mother from afar, unable to talk with her again for fear of sending her deeper into insanity... She sometimesss spends time sitting at her father's grave... though she usually doesn't stay long since her own grave is next to his.
    Rose Blackstone: Her family relationships are a bit strained at the present... considering she stole her mother's prototype power armor and her brainwashed father is trying to kill her...
    Gamma & Mere: Mere was concerned enough with her wife's dissaperance that she volunttarily went searching for her and found herself stranded across the galaxy with her... If that's not love, what is?
    Post edited by raighn on
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    raighn said:

Crescent: "I've already died, what more can they take from me?"

Which makes me think of Garrus and Shepard in Mass Effect 2, when discussing their upcoming "suicide mission" against the Collectors: "They already killed you once. All it did was p!ss you off."
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• Options
    Do any of your characters have a strong ethnic background worth noting?
    Well, Hypernova and Patchwork are both clearly African-American; Happifun is a robot, but many of its computational circuits come from China, if that counts.

Are there any enemy factions or sorts of wrongdoers targeted heavily by your characters?
    Backfire hates VIPER, because he's stuck in that suit forever as a result of their experiments on him.

Patchwork took a special delight in her - ah - aggressive questioning of Wayland Talos, as he was the one who hired the assassins who destroyed her lab and very nearly killed her; she also has a particular hatred of Warlord, who carried out the attack, and Mechassassin, who was also present.

Have any of your characters undergone a major lore retcon?
    Hypernova's origin was going to be the result of his absorbing the life-energy of a world destroyed by a massive stellar explosion; however, upon reading about the Coruscations of Power in one of bulgarex's posts, the light in the sky became one of the Coruscations. Therefore, his first (and so far only) Nemesis is one of that villain's minions (can't recall the Big Bad's name just at the moment), who is seeking to recover the power that Hypernova "stole" from his master. (It also meant that I had to give him some sort of energy power; he wound up with Eye Beams, which turned out to be a lot more useful than people tell me.)

• Options
    -Do any of your characters have a strong ethnic background worth noting?
    Valiant is Irish... Gauntlet & Sayori are Japanese...

-Are there any enemy factions or sorts of wrongdoers targeted heavily by your characters?
    Rose takes a very heavy handed approach to dealing with Viper... considering they are the reason her father, who she went into crimefighting to find, is trying to kill her now...

Arcana makes it a point to put Psi members in their place after what they did to her...

Synaptic has a strong hatred of ARGENT... Gamma also shares this hatred for similar but different reasons...

Nekomi has major issues with the Malvan's... considering they kidnapped her from her homeworld and forced her to fight for their entertainment, for most of her life...

-Have any of your characters undergone a major lore retcon?
    Yes... Infact, several of them are in the process of undergoing lore retcons at this very moment... Synaptic underwent a huge lore retcon once already... Originally she was a brilliant scientist who was suffering from an incurable and fatal illness, so she created a cybernetic body to prolong her life... the process of transferring her mind into the new body unlocked greater potential and lead to her developing psychic powers... Her current story is very different... The only similarities between her past and current story are her name (Alison Keen), having psychic powers, and a cybernetic body... the events of her current story are that she was born with her powers (Technopathy), and was abducted by ARGENT... They had sought to use her to create another living A.I. and in the process she was augmented with a cybernetic body and mental implants meant to bring her under their control... She was able to suppress the devices and escape with great difficulty, She sought help in removing the implants and replacing the new body they forced upon her... She designed her new replacement body after her original human body in hopes that she could return to her old life again.
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    -Q: What powers which benefit your characters can also be used against them? I.E. - Their greatest strength can also be their greatest weakness.
    Arcana's right eye creates a constant mental link between her and anybeings in her field of view allowing her to actually see what they are about to do before they do it... Anyone with a strong enough will could project a false action to her through this link in order to blind-side her.

Synaptic is a talented Technopath, however due to her cybernetic body she herself is highly vulnerable to other Technopaths...

-Q: Name a few fatal flaws from some of your characters.
    Pandy is very easily distracted, as such her manifestations don't last very long since she completely loses focus on them...

It's not exactly a "flaw" but it is a fatal weakness.. Nitrogen (which makes up 70% of Earths atmosphere) is highly toxic to Gamma & Mere... so without their masks they can't survive within Earth's atmosphere.

Ay Kya is very single-minded... when she sets her mind to a goal she persues so directly that she is highly prone to miss details, and easily decieved... simply pointing her in the wrong direction is usually enough to throw her off for hours...

jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    Since Cogent won't let me play the game...

Besides the obvious stuff (The Sisters Silicon are Irish-American, Hitomi is Japanese), I have a back-bench ice/wind/earth character named Inukshuk who is of Inuit ancestry.

Are any of your characters deeply religious, or conversely notably not religious?

Prime is Episcopalian (and the original is a lapsed Episcopalian, verging on SBNR). Hitomi is agnostic. Nuada is.

Are there any enemy factions or sorts of wrongdoers targeted heavily by your characters?

Hitomi concentrates on organized crime, more out of expertise than any grudge.

Prime, on the other hand, wants Mechanon eradicated by any means necessary, and is working outside Project: Clockwork to make that happen. (She also likes to remind Cybermind that if she could have made a direct connection with SOCRATES instead of being physically digitized, he might still be serving his sentence from the Stronghold infirmary.)

Have any of your characters undergone a major lore retcon?

Sister Silicon's CoH origin story has remained pretty constant: Engaged, car sabotaged by Clockwork, fiancé died in the crash, paralyzed, full cyborg conversion, glitchy induction charging system made her an Elec/Elec Blaster. It took me three tries to get Prime's origin out of that, including a convoluted outline that involved the Praetorian counterparts of Moira and her father. (As opposed to the published convoluted version that involved a "bridge" universe full of Paragon City heroes and Millennium City villains.)
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    Q: What is the dumbest, grimmest, most unlikely, or just in general, the worst combat situation your character(s) have been in, and how did they succeed? Or even fail? Try for examples of both in-character (Character's Story/Background), and out-of-character (Gameplay) fighting.

A: The one thing about Turando that I really love is his random potentiality in combat. In-character, he's not any stronger than a normal being. The only things setting him over the edge are his personal nanites and manimal instincts/influences. You can somewhat see this in-game, as he can tear through large groups, even hold his own many tough enemies, and simultaneously, be taken out by a normally small group of weak henchmen.

In character, Turando's most challenging battle was as a survivalist on Monster Island. Ever since he was created and every moment he was on the island, it was him against the world. There were no breaks as Moreau wanted him trained and broken. He was hunted by many more factions after his escape: Moreau's Manimals, ARGENT, VIPER, even the Lemurians and Qulaar wanted him gone or for experiments. For him, there has yet to be a single short-handed battle that could've matched the stress he's undergone alone on the island for months on end. Even so, he HAS been killed by a normal group of thugs in his early days in the city, only to be resurrected by his nanites to return the favor.

In-game, there is no single particular battle that can be mentioned which would have topped any of the others. Sure, there are definitely tougher and weaker skirmishes, but nothing has given Turando a proper, notable battle. He's tanked through Recruiting Drives solo, and is capable of running Andrithal on his own, but at the same time, he can be easily taken down by simple open world enemies. The best you're probably going to get out of him is a run of Fire and Ice as the only Supportive player, and even then there's not really anything there that would make me say there was a challenge. It's either going through the motions or hitting brick walls, there is no in-between.
    ​​

• Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited October 2015
    If your character had to work with a villainous organization in order to defeat a greater threat, which organization would they prefer to work with and why?

Haywire is full of admiration for VIPER's drive and single-mindeness. They're the closest to what he respects in people.

Ārash the Archer is an Iranian expatriate. His family left Iran after the Islamic revolution.

Ann and Martha are African-American, but they don't fall into a ghetto stereotype and they're just of a middle-class background.

Iovar's Frankish, but his mother was Romanised Gaul. Not of any significance when both ethnic groups are extinct or assimilated. Still dislikes Romans or Byzantines. Only these days it's hard to find anyone to dislike on this basis.

Are any of your characters deeply religious, or conversely notably not religious?

Iovar is pious and practicing Nicaean Christian. Except he can recall times when popes of Rome were just political playthings of other powers, so he can't see the Church as anything more than a mundane political institution. Still prefers attending churches with Latin liturgy.

Ārash is pious Zoroastrian. Think true, speak true, act true.

Haywire is atheist, rationalist, transhumanist (of sort...) and believes only in transcendence through hard work and progress. No place in his mindset for any metaphysical bull**** distractions.

Deathlark was raised in the same way, only she's less arrogant about it.

Ann's Baptist and Martha's Catholic, but they aren't exceptionally pious and it's only a part of their family background.

Haywire is a xenophobe hating on aliens, extraplanars, hippies and liberals. He also despises this badly put together glitched mockery of sapience called Mechanon. It could be hard to say that he hates Mechanon, though. After all, you can't really hate something what is perceived by you as an unliving broken automaton.​​
    Post edited by meedacthunist on
  • Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    Do any of your characters suffer from addiction or substance dependency?

Tillabeth: Smokes
    Arona: Molten plasma (it's like super strong coffee for her

rest of my toons are clean, outside of Tikaia having the very occasional drink.
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options

Scout: Makes usage of stim packs.
    Kitty Tempest: Batteries...
    Venomancer: Dependency on her own toxins and potions.​​

• Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,066 Arc User

Generally speaking not really but there are a few worth mentioning.

Bionic Bullet: Past smoker, due to her much stronger (back then) healing abilities she could smoke whenever and as much as she liked without it impacting her overall health. Now she no longer smokes.

Basic White Girl: Addicted to Social Networking sites, such as Face Space, SuperTube, Chitter & InstaSnap. As well as PSL & Kale.

Cindy Lovecrit: Cindy gains strength from absorbing "Love Energy" from her victims, er bad guys. (She essentially feeds on their life force and gains power upon "draining the red love bar above their heads") Whilst she can generate her own, feeding off others has a stronger effect for her.

Solaris: Whilst she is not addicted to Earth's sunlight, she gains a very strong boost from being bathed in sunlight (or rather starlight). The effect is stronger on her homeworld than it is on Earth but she will normally go out of her way to be in sunlight.

• Options
    Scenario Question: VIPER has just unleashed a devastating attack in a highly populated area and are progressing towards a PRIMUS facility to "liberate" a powerful weapon in development. Taking their abilities into consideration, does your character first; try to minimize civilian casualties by rescuing civilians or go for VIPER?

• Options
    Scenario Question: VIPER has just unleashed a devastating attack in a highly populated area and are progressing towards a PRIMUS facility to "liberate" a powerful weapon in development. Taking their abilities into consideration, does your character first; try to minimize civilian casualties by rescuing civilians or go for VIPER?

Turando would go after the hostages. He can at least guarantee there will be no permanent loss of life with his medical applications. Though this means it would be left up to others to take care of the weapon.​​

• Options
    edited October 2015

With the exceptions of Rose Blackstone & Ay Kya everyone would try to minimize civilian casualties.

Rose would make her decision based on if her brainwashed father is among either of the groups and go after that group, otherwise she'd go after which ever location is closest.

Ay Kya would likely find herself going after the "liberation" group since in her mind she'd think they might be more likely to know where her ship is, since all she's really concerned with is finding her ship and exploring the stars again, It totally doesn't help that she doesn't understand any English...​​
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options

Arona would kick the door down, marching out of the PRIMUS facility, complain about contract work then order the gold knight to rescue civilians while shes charges into the approaching viper troops reducing them to a lumpy red paste, accompanied by a moderium of swearing and more than a little claterial damage to the surrounding builds and road-surface.

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    Is there any villain (or hero) in particular that your hero has encountered (can be in game or from CO lore or user lore via RP) whose attitude they absolutely cannot stand?
  • Options
    bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    May I just say that I'm gratified some of you found some of the lore-bits I posted to be useful. :)
  • Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited October 2015

Fine, I'll play. (I resisted for so long)

Rune, leader of the Silver Age Sentinels and it's satellite teams, and allies to Globe and the Golden Age Heroes, would alert Globe and put together a strike team against the Viper extraction group, with himself almost certainly in command of it unless Globe tactical had a different specific use for his cosmic manipulation powers [which do include some healing ability], and order a much larger force of veteran and less veteran heroes, and local allies to rescue hostages and engage the threat to the metropolitan area.

The other much larger force would almost certainly include Abyss, Lemurian Master Mage with significant support and healing capability, who would herself almost certainly organize a smaller group of healing capable heroes by spreading them out into each squad on civilian tactical rescue.

If the object of interest Viper was going after was of Mythological or magical significance, there is a strong chance of those two heroes roles being swapped, as Abyss would be one of GLOBE's magical artifact experts, although technically Rune is no slouch there either given his background as an Archaeologist.

Recurve is an all-around engineer/gadgeteer archery heroine, with a strong background in fighting super threats rather than street-level crime, and would probably do everything she could to get added to the assault team.

Knighthawk is a superdense speedster tank type guy, who is a field commander in GLOBE and would most likely assign himself to taking field command of whichever group Rune didn't take charge of. In the strike team position he'd be the man on point, and taking fire [gladly] for his teammates, and on the rescue and detain force he'd probably be much more area-mobile, rushing around at redonkulous speeds to rescue as many civilians and help out as many heroes and police under fire as his speed allows.

[I'll stop at four of my most played and well-defined role playing heroes]
    Post edited by iamrune on
  • Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User

Is there any villain (or hero) in particular that your hero has encountered (can be in game or from CO lore or user lore via RP) whose attitude they absolutely cannot stand?

Rune finds Doctor Destroyer (who he insists on referring to as 'Albert' or 'Mister Zerstoiten') to be an arrogant, selfish Sociopath, with delusions of grandeur. In lore terms the only possible reasons Rune hasn't found him and brought him in yet, is that Destroyer's extremely potent super science might have some kind of defense against Rune's cosmic awareness. That, or at some point in the future, Destroyer is needed to save the Galaxy or similar and for that reason Rune isn't being fed the knowledge needed to find him.

In truth, Rune is secretly afraid that one bad set of circumstances after another could lead him down the same path, although Rune feels much too deeply to be a sociopath, instead he'd end up an angry and bitter psychopath if he ever did the whole face/heel turn.

It's extremely unlikely, but possible, as anyone can have a truly horrible set of events ruin their lives, after all.

It's also completely unknown to almost anyone on Earth that Rune is actually much older than he appears [although not ancient, he's in his early seventies], and also can't really stand to think of Zerstoiten as any sort of professional contemporary, although he certainly respects his brilliance and depth of learning.

As a graduate of Ravenswood Academy and advocate for young metahuman training programs, Abyss is generally concerned about Vipers' youth program, Generation Viper, and the kids she sees as forced to be there. She would have great disdain for the Viper forces running that program. She would also take personal responsibility for dealing with Gloriana any time she showed up to make trouble, even though the 'Incident' happened more than fifteen years before she was admitted to the school. (in secret, she's just strongly concerned with casting a custom made mind worm spell on Glorianna that would make her forget any useful details about Homeroom Alpha and the Academy. And bring her to justice and for treatment if possible, of course, but she doesn't have to tell anyone that.)
  • Options
    gradii said:

is that Destroyer's extremely potent super science might have some kind of defense against Rune's cosmic awareness. That, or at some point in the future, Destroyer is needed to save the Galaxy or similar and for that reason Rune isn't being fed the knowledge needed to find him
    Destroyer already helped save the earth, wasn't it during the gadroon invasion? He's already shown willingness to fight anyone who endangers HIS plans of world conquest lol. that sounds like what's foiling Runes awareness.
    Zerstoiten is highly intelligent. He knows that he can't take over the world if there's no world to take over. If anything threatens the planet, he's going to fight it - in his eyes, this is HIS world, and they can't have it!

• Options
    gradii wrote: »
    "How can I take over the world and build the Eggman Empire if there's no world to take over?" - Dr. Ivo Robotnik.

Best way to take over the world... conquer it through heroics... they will never see it comming... and all the other heroes will just hand it over if you play your cards right...
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    raighn said:

Best way to take over the world... conquer it through heroics... they will never see it comming... and all the other heroes will just hand it over if you play your cards right...

That's the technique Nepht says she's using. We're eliminating all her competition for her, and in the end she plans on taking control of the world by acclaim rather than raw power (Destroyer and Therakiel have both tried the raw power route, and look how it worked out for them!).

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Question: How did you come up with any of your character's personalities? Were they based off anyone you know in real life or anyone you admire or any comic book characters?

Scenario Question: [Insert Your Character of Choice] wakes up to find themselves in an unfamiliar room. The room does not appear to have any openings or windows to give your character an idea of where they are. In addition to this, the room appears to be highly resistant to their attempts to escape or methods of attack AND at the opposite end of the room is [Insert Your Character of Choice's Most Hated Enemy] who seems to be equally distressed they cannot escape. Whilst you have noticed them, they, for whatever reason have not noticed your character. What does your character do?

Post edited by theravenforce on
  • Options

Question: How did you come up with any of your character's personalities? Were they based off anyone you know in real life or anyone you admire or any comic book characters?

Honey Badger's public persona is derived from the Internet-famous statement, "Honey Badger don't give a f***." (In reality, he wants to use his powers of regeneration and combat expertise to save people, but he thinks the persona is cooler, so he sometimes acts as if he doesn't care if his enemies live or die.)

Spider-Bat is a sort of mashup of the Adam West Batman, the '80s cartoon Spider-Man, and the Tick. His internal world is about thirty degrees out of true, as in the incident where he found a young boy whose parents were killed in a traffic accident; he took the boy home with him, and acted as if he had formally adopted the lad while training him as his sidekick, Blackbird. The young man eventually realized his "guardian" was about half an order of fries short of a Happy Meal, and left - but as superhero training was all he had going for him by then, he's taken up the life as Blackwing. He still bitterly resents the old man for getting him into this, though.

• Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited November 2015

Ratasassin's personality is really just based on my humor and the way I see things. A lot of the times the things I say come way out of left field and Ratty really embodies that unique perspective. When I created him and he had this creepy sort of grin on his face and I knew how he would behave. You look at him and you know right away that there is something odd and twisted about this guy and that he will probably kill you with like a grenade to the pants. It's difficult to call him a hero but that he just kill more bad guys than any of the Champions do.

Scenario Question: Ratasassin wakes up to find themselves in an unfamiliar room. The room does not appear to have any openings or windows to give your character an idea of where they are. In addition to this, the room appears to be highly resistant to their attempts to escape or methods of attack AND at the opposite end of the room is Doctor Phillippe Moreau who seems to be equally distressed they cannot escape. Whilst you have noticed them, they, for whatever reason have not noticed your character. What does your character do?

Ratasassin wakes and notices he is trapped in an inescapable room and instantly reaches for his kidney "Oh no! Not again!" Ratty realizes there are no newer...scars, which is good because this would be the third time this has happen, good thing you have three kidneys, right? Ratasassin looks up and notices the man who has caused him the most pain durng his short lifespan, his creator Dr. Moreau. "Oh please let this be a game! Where is that damn midget on the tricycle?", Ratty maniacally ponders. Dr. Moreau looks up just in time to see Ratasassin lunging at him, as Ratty screams "GIVE ME THAT ANKLE, PRINCESS BRIDE!!" Ratty lands flat on his face, just inches from his target. The restraints on his legs prevent him from achieving his desired vengeance. "Pathetic", Dr. Moreau insults as he begins to chuckle. "I should have killed you when I--" Dr. Moreau is cut off as Ratasassin begins to urinate on him. "You were saying? Do continue!" Ratty proclaims.

Three hours later and a couple of pints lighter, a door opens and a cloaked figure escort Ratasassin and a squishy Dr. Moreau out of the room.

To be continued..:
  • Options

Scout's silent and mischievous nature relates to one of my friends I used to hang around in high-school during my Freshman year, who coincidentally had the same nickname. She was a Junior, but hardly ever spoke. She knew just what it took to instigate trouble between a couple of people. She's the kind of person who looks at people who do good, and silently does good for them, but when she sees something she isn't okay with, would just as quietly go through her sort of karmic justice. The only reason I know this is because I've witnessed her do these sort of things. Once, I've spotted her steal someone's phone from them without their notice, just to watch them frantically look for it and get upset, thinking they've lost it, only to place it back in their lockers sometime later once she was satisfied with the result.

Rachel was a bit weird at times though. She never had any problems running up to people and hugging them. Though, sometimes these hugs were the little friendly pranks she'd pull. She has left gifts in other people's bags. I've gotten a couple of snacks and sodas from her and not realize it until I came home and set my bag down.​​

• Options
    Dr. Moreau is cut off as Ratasassin begins to urinate on him. "You were saying? Do continue!" Ratty proclaims.

I laughed. Even better, Turando probably would've done the same thing. "You wanted to make us animals? Well, we're going to act like animals then! We own you!"​​

• Options
    Let's get this party restarted with some older questions!
    lilsteffie wrote: »
    Q) What is the most embarassing situation your character has been in? (Pick any character)
    A: Hehe, this is new information regarding Turando but... being ganged up on and flirted with by a couple of others after having found love.
    lilsteffie wrote: »
    Q) What sort of character personalities do you like to give to you characters? Goofy? Stupid? Controlling? Give us a reason
    A: All walks of life. Character personalities from me can range from the serious, such as from Turando or Dawn, to the silly, like from Major Distraction or Judge Mental. Even a mix of the goofy and grim such as from Scout. It all depends on what kind of character I feel like creating. Why? Because I can!

Q: What are various things your characters would say about other villains or heroes? What do they think of them?​​

• Options
    cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User

Scenario Question: [Insert Your Character of Choice] wakes up to find themselves in an unfamiliar room. The room does not appear to have any openings or windows to give your character an idea of where they are. In addition to this, the room appears to be highly resistant to their attempts to escape or methods of attack AND at the opposite end of the room is [Insert Your Character of Choice's Most Hated Enemy] who seems to be equally distressed they cannot escape. Whilst you have noticed them, they, for whatever reason have not noticed your character. What does your character do?

Kr'anri simply eats them.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Q: Put yourself into Batman's shoes for a moment. Analyze your characters' strengths, weaknesses, and potential threat they have if they were to go rogue. Identify possible ways to incapacitate (not kill) or capture your hero either by deception or a specific countermeasure. Remember, your goal is to stop your hero without killing them.

A: Turando would require serious planning before making an attempt to incapacitate. We need to find a way to disrupt his personal nanites as well as keep the scent of blood away from him. This will minimize his capabilities to fight back. We suggest luring him using his own desire to do good, as amoral as it is, and bringing him into a faux medical station. From here, we could lock him in and use a localized EMP to weaken him. Once his nanites are down, it is only a matter of caging the beast. Without the nanites' protection, it should be relatively easier to simply tranquilize him and lock him away as he will no longer have the constant reconstructive and preservative effects from his nanotech and may potentially disable any nanotech-based weaponry he has on him.​​
    Post edited by deadman20 on

• Options
    deadman20 said:

Q: Put yourself into Batman's shoes for a moment. Analyze your characters' strengths, weaknesses, and potential threat they have if they were to go rogue. Identify possible ways to incapacitate (not kill) or capture your hero either by deception or a specific countermeasure. Remember, your goal is to stop your hero without killing them.​​

Serien could be captured rather easily with a binding spell, the hard part would be luring her into one... she's rather cautious about steping near runes of any kind... and if she were to go rogue she might be a bit of a challenge to lure out of hiding...

Blastwave could be neutralized by overloading her JOLT suits capacitors... which in and of itself is a daunting challenge since the suit is designed to continualy overload and discharge, so you'd have to overload the capacitors by a large enough variable to cause serious damage to the suits systems, the best bet would be to feed an excess electrical current into her suit just before it discharges... don't worry she won't be harmed in the process it's very well insulated, she will however be rendered completely powerless, and nearly immobile.

Shion could be captured by simply capturing her wolves... she's very protective of them... just don't harm them, she's VERY protective of them... the real problem would just be finding her...

If Arcana went rogue.... good luck... you might just have to figure out why she's gone rogue and try to make ammends... honestly, she'll know if your trying to decieve her... if capturing her is an absolute must, then you'll have to use drones... she's almost powerless against machines... keep in mind she's got superspeed, so any drones sent to capture her would have to be able to match her speed.

Sayorii's weakness that could be exploited to capture her is oddly enough a weakness that most attept to exploit in through the wrong measures... she's blind... if you overload her other senses, especially her electroreception, which she uses primarily in place of sight, then you can disorient her and quickly move in to apprehend her while she's unable to perceive anything around her.

If it's Synaptic, your gonna have to manage to hack her cybernetics... which is much easier said than done... she's a technopath, so you're gonna have to be very creative... alternatively you can just completly overpower her or use another technopath against her... easier to use another technopath...

Vector... she's tough one... even if she's not gone rogue she's constantly dodging authorities... mostly because the last time she dealt with the MCPD they put her in an orphanage... that she promptly ran away from... so promising her that she won't be put back in the orphanage would be a good start... beyond that you've just got to figure out how to get close to her... you know without being thrown halfway across a city block by her telekenesis... recommendation, sneak up behind her and knock her out before she can react...

Gamma and Mere... this duo's biggest weakness is their natural nitrogen intollerance... remove their masks and they will quickly weaken in earths nitrogen rich atmosphere... just don't keep their masks off for too long, nitrogen is toxic to them, too much could prove fatal... you only need to separate them from their masks for about 20 minutes for them to pass out safely, you can put their masks back on after that they will be out cold for a couple hours atleast... Caution, wear Radiation suits...

Gauntlet and Paradigm... these two twin sisters are actually rather easy to apprehend if they go rogue... simply confront Paradigm and tell her Gauntlet's been stealing stuff again... she'll actually do all the work for you... Even if Paradigm goes rogue alone this will still work... and odds are Gauntlet may have "borrowed" one or two gadgets from somewhere anyway... no promises that anything will be returned in one piece, you should probably expect it to be disassembled actually...

Rose Blackstone... technically she already is rogue... atleast as far as the millitary is concerned... considering she's evaded apprehension this long and doesn't even use an allias... it's actually a real mystery how she keeps avoiding being captured... especially with how many times she's been hospitalized from injuries... perhaps you should start with the hospitals... she's probably in one...

Freedom Girl... there's really not a whole lot you've got to do to apprehend an ordinary teenage girl... seriously... if she goes rogue you could really do just about anything to catch her... she's not particularly powerful, just trained in martial arts and gymnastics... the only issue would be her nanoweave armored suit... a tazer or traquilizer to the upper thigh would be your best bet to subdue her quickly... it's the only spot thats unarmored that wouldn't risk serious injury...
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    deadman20 said:

Q: Put yourself into Batman's shoes for a moment. Analyze your characters' strengths, weaknesses, and potential threat they have if they were to go rogue. Identify possible ways to incapacitate (not kill) or capture your hero either by deception or a specific countermeasure. Remember, your goal is to stop your hero without killing them.​​

Arona: Due to her "self resurrecting" nature and overall biology the main way to "incapacitate" and capture her would be destruction of her body though careful application of a high explosive shell, then detaining her core and keeping it submersed in liquid nitrogen.

Kinertha: Abuse the fact that she is blind and sneak up behind her and inject enough tranquilizer to drop a elephant, word of advice, stand well clear until it takes effect, berserker fury is not safe to be around.

Tillabeth: Take her father hostage and she'll comply with any demands you have...just don't hurt him or she's more likely to fry you where you stand than listen to reason.

Tikaia: The necklace she wears around her neck is the source of her magic, but it is channeled safely though a crystal in her backpack, shatter the crystal and she's rendered unable to channel the power safely...and thus, inert.

Styker: She may be fast, agile and armed with a plasma cutter, but she's only human, put her under a long enough sustained assault and she'll eventually tire out from avoiding attacks, leaving her open for...say a tazer shot.

The Gold Knight: Silence him, his armour, as unbreakable as it is, is also incredibly heavy and without his magic to help him move it, he's rendered immobile, causing him to have to take it off, at which point a solid smack around the head with a sledgehammer should knock him out...anything softer won't work due to his stone skin.

Intessia: Due to being a rather old robot, hit them with a EMP or wait until they suffer a system crash.

Mr. Rockwell: Power Armour troop, the suit is designed to absorb blast waves in their totally, meaning you should plaster the suit with explosive shots until it falls apart, leaving the guy inside vrunible enough.

Phil: Due to the nature of his job [product tester for tinkershop], the exact "powers" he has at any given time may vary greatly, but ulitmally he is still human, meaning a well placed tackle or pepperspray shot will take him down just as much as the next joe.

Eltra: They are a healing demon, as a result they have virtually no capability to out-put harm onto others, however to incapacitate her, a priest, holy water or powerful enough magi will be more than enough.

Sophie: Little more than a teen with a compound bow, sure she's not pure human, but she's no more tougher or stronger than a normal human teen.

Lychnus: With his sword he is capable of dodging nigh on everything with an inhuman grace, get a speedster to separate him from his sword however, and he's reduced to little more than a expertly trained human, still not going to be easy, but at least it will be possible.

• Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    deadman20 said:

This sounds fun, lets do some highlights from my rogue's gallery :)

Deathwish: Subject is emotionally unstable and highly irrational. Little to no regard for one safety, counterbalanced by extreme regenerative capabilities. Suggest use of overwhelming force, and a suitable lure. Scrape up what's left and put it in a high grade containment cell.

Dr. Bugly: Subject uses breathing apparatus to assist failing lungs. A focused EMP strike would disable his breathing, and render target compliant. Place subject in high grade containment cell, and provide with oxygen enriched environment. Keep far, far away from technology.

Kryptonite: Subject has superhuman endurance and nigh limitless strength, counterbalanced by kelvarite enhanced steroids. Suggest contaminating supply with sedative and detoxing subject under sedation until powers have deteriorated to normal human levels.

Nygma: Subject is a time traveling android with limited psionic abilities and questionable motives. Suggest disabling time travel abilities in a previous time period and leaving him there. Unit's programming prevents him from actively altering the timeline without authorization, making him unable to act in a destructive manner in such time periods,

Sam Hain: Subject is a zombie, brought to life by dark magicks, and empowered by selfsame magick. As it is exceptionally dangerous and sociopathic, it should be destroyed, and its remains kept under lock and key. Subject's mistress, Fatalia, will seek to resurrect her childe at any cost.

• Options
    Alright open your minds a bit for this one...

Q: You are at work/school/college/university/out and about and you manage to bump into [Insert Your Character's Name]. How would they react? How would you react? Try to imagine how it would play out and include it in your response.
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    deadman20 said:

Q: Put yourself into Batman's shoes for a moment. Analyze your characters' strengths, weaknesses, and potential threat they have if they were to go rogue. Identify possible ways to incapacitate (not kill) or capture your hero either by deception or a specific countermeasure. Remember, your goal is to stop your hero without killing them.

Sister Silicon saves most of her EMP shield budget for her neural network core. Her frames have some countermeasures and recovery options, but a strong enough blast would keep her down. Or just use the right magic spell to contain her.

Hitomi Hanzo is just a highly-skilled human, and doesn't carry a Big Bag O' Bat-Gadgets, so if your first non-lethal takedown method of choice doesn't work, your second one probably will.

Nuada can't handle his liquor nearly as well as he thinks he can. He's been drunk under the table before, with and without somebody slipping him a mickey.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends