test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

MG's Superheroes Gallery

Comments

• themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    I've probably made more outfits for Leatherwing than any toon. I particularly like pulp superheroes so I made two variants of pulp Leatherwing, the gritty, gun-toting mystery-man who wages a war against the Vibora Bay vampire Mafia in the early 1940s.

I love how these costumes came out, especially the one with the simple mask. I can really imagine him teaming up with the Green Hornet, gangbusters-style!

They are both formal pulp costumes but one has a simple mask and the other has a full scary mask on. He's particularly proud of his themed vehicle too......

5VE1bKZ.jpg

DIkhKEL.jpg

AxnajTY.jpg
    Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited July 2017
    I've always enjoyed Silver Age superhero stories that involve time travelling and I love the megalomaniac villains Per Degaton and the Time Trapper from DC so I thought I would make my own master of the time stream. So here is the only villain in my roster (so far) ........THE TIME TYRANT!

QTntRVc.jpg
    "Your pathetic meddling will not stop me, heroes. I have millennia-spanning plans put in place. You have not heard the last of the Time Tyrant! Muahahahahahahaha!" *escapes into the time stream*

0r9H16F.jpg

I don't often make bios for my toons but I really wanted to try my hand at this one. Every time travelling villain deserves a backstory with a time paradox in it....

Excerpts from the journal of Professor Malachi Zum

The one that I call the Master first visited me a month ago. He made me realise what a fool Wells is. Whilst assisting Wells in the completion of his machine I have tried to make him see but he refuses to comprehend how I can make use of the possibilities that the machine can offer. The Master has given me the date I must reach...I will take the key from Wells tonight, by force if I must.

The machine was destroyed by the journey but I have arrived at the timeline indicated to me by the Master and it is fascinating to see how London, and the world, has changed and how much it has stayed the same. Major scientific breakthroughs have been made, information flows like water and structures have grown...yet this "progress" comes at a cost and it seems that only I can see through the facade. The Master has appeared to me again and I must make my way to Millennium City....I see by the renaming of this city that the Americans have not managed to shed their pompous and childish ways.

I have been in Millennium City for a year now and have managed to build the device as instructed by the Master. It is now only required that I am with the device in the right place at the right time so that I can join the Master in his glorious future. The event will take place in two days at Harmon Industries. Press releases are vague, but the Master has revealed to me the nature of it.

IT IS DONE! The death of the lab assistant was unfortunate but very necessary. The use of his access card was invaluable to get into the right position at the right time. As the portal was activated I was able to arm the device and leap into that swirling abyss of energy "MASTER!", I shrieked, "I AM HERE!". As the chronal energies surged through me, and I plunged into those future centuries, I realised the truth. I am the Master, I am all that was, all that is and all that will be...I am THE TIME TYRANT!

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • summerfields#1113 summerfields Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The only supervillain on my roster.....
    The Time Tyrant

screenshot_2015-03-24-19-02-42.jpg
    "Your pathetic meddling will not stop me, heroes. I have millennia-spanning plans put in place. You have not heard the last of the Time Tyrant! Muahahahahahahaha!" *escapes into the time stream*

Oh dang! Seeing that one of my heroes is from the future, he must be stopped! :eek:

But yeah, I agree on the difficult tech looks. I have tried many times just to find a suitable look but ended up being generally displeased. Regardless, awesome work yet again! :smile:
    [ @Skaargoroth in-game / @summerfields on the Forums ]
    Current character roaster: The Iconica, Lady Mythica, Black Jackal, Omni-Woman, Fantomask
    Currently waiting for: Moar comics! And maybe City of Titans, too. Hopefully!
  • krimsonklownkrimsonklown Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm just scrolling through this assortment of costume fare in utter amazement. Your designs are top notch.
    edited July 2017
    skaargoroh wrote: »
    Oh dang! Seeing that one of my heroes is from the future, he must be stopped! :eek:

But yeah, I agree on the difficult tech looks. I have tried many times just to find a suitable look but ended up being generally displeased. Regardless, awesome work yet again! :smile:

Thanks, skaar. And get a shot of that hero from the future, we wanna see them! :smile:

Edit: Sorry @skaargoroh , I had to change image hosting sites and relink images so the image in your quote no longer shows.

I'm just scrolling through this assortment of costume fare in utter amazement. Your designs are top notch.

Thanks, friend. I appreciate the nice comment *blush*
    zrdRBy8.png
    edited July 2017
    So, IDS had a costume competition the other day and one of the categories was Foxbat. So I recoloured my Victorian Leatherwing outfit and made victorian Foxbat......

p1aNLnS.jpg

Then, inspired by someone's comment on another thread, I made Frank Millar Foxbat.....

sG9hErZ.jpg

7GZXfcA.jpg

zrdRBy8.png
    edited July 2017
    I just can't stop making costumes at the moment. I finally made a Golden Age Britannia costume that I like and a classical statue of her.......

UISgeQU.jpg

m0Op1iL.jpg

7Idv6KF.jpg

The statue costume doesn't really work without the earth aura, but I included the tailor shot anyway.
    zrdRBy8.png
    edited March 2015
    Thanks, friend. I appreciate the nice comment *blush*

It's no problem! You got some great designs. They're very fluid and well thought out. It has a very authentic feel. Like you captured the concept of golden age amazingly. I don't think I'd be able to.
    edited July 2017
    It's no problem! You got some great designs. They're very fluid and well thought out. It has a very authentic feel. Like you captured the concept of golden age amazingly. I don't think I'd be able to.

Thanks again. I have been quite familiar with Golden Age superheroes since an early age so I suppose, aesthetically and concept-wise, I have an in-built feel for them (for examples of what I use for inspiration see post #45). I also still regularly buy modern comic books that emulate the Golden Age style and/or use Golden Age heroes.

And you would be able to do it, mate. All it takes is a bit of research (google Golden Age superheroes) and practice with the tailor. Take some time, in-game, to check out some Costume Competitions and some of the amazing designs you see at them may give you inspiration :smile:

TZKqu1f.jpg

cPKgHY5.jpg
    zrdRBy8.png
  • summerfields#1113 summerfields Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thanks again. I have been quite familiar with Golden Age superheroes since an early age so I suppose, aesthetically and concept-wise, I have an in-built feel for them (for examples of what I use for inspiration see post #45). I also still regularly buy modern comic books that emulate the Golden Age style and/or use Golden Age heroes.

And you would be able to do it, mate. All it takes is a bit of research (google Golden Age superheroes) and practice with the tailor. Take some time, in-game, to check out some Costume Competitions and some of the amazing designs you see at them may give you inspiration :smile:

aObbDK7.jpg

A good advise there, Zen. Cheers! :smile:
    Current character roaster: The Iconica, Lady Mythica, Black Jackal, Omni-Woman, Fantomask
    edited July 2017
    My latest toon, villains are fun to make so I thought I would make another to go with the Time Tyrant. This one is my homage to Magneto. Meet Doc Floronic, the mutant King of chlorophyll......

Jjxf5MY.jpg

h5wfr3G.jpg

Unfortunately though, beyond making his costumes and experimenting with auras for him, he's a bit of a non-starter until the devs decide to implement a plant-control powerset. I could perhaps use a toxic build but I find those a bit boring.
    zrdRBy8.png
    edited April 2015

aObbDK7.jpg

I appreciate the advice! I really hope to try some more costumes later on. I enjoy making characters and writing back stories for them.
    edited July 2017
    Since making my last toon, Doc Floronic, I have been mildly obssessed with making superheroes who use elemental powers. This has also made me take a good look at my use of auras in conjuction with costumes. Here's my fire powered toon and homage to Firehawk (DC) and Firestar (Marvel).... Pyrehawk!

b41Vxtt.jpg

Zb4n74N.jpg

I have two similar costumes with a costume bind which switches from her wingless one to her winged one to simulate a kind of "Flame on!", Johnny Storm effect.

I appreciate the advice! I really hope to try some more costumes later on. I enjoy making characters and writing back stories for them.

Be sure to post some of your costumes on the forums when you are happy with them mate. I'd love to see them :-)

Edit: Sorry mate, I had to change image hosting sites so the link you quoted in the post above no longer works :(
    zrdRBy8.png
  • lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Really really loving those armored designs there Zenith, another great costume thread.

Well done.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
    edited April 2015
    Be sure to post some of your costumes on the forums when you are happy with them mate. I'd love to see them :-)

Absolutely, I'm obsessed with character creation. I spend time making a character. Developin a story, then deleting them and starting over with the next. (I have silver account and I'm totally broke. lol) I can start a thread tho. I have screenshots.
    edited April 2015
    lilsteffie wrote: »
    Really really loving those armored designs there Zenith, another great costume thread.

Well done.

Thanks steffie...oh and gratz on the news that your steel arachnid costume set is being made. I'm looking forward to it :biggrin:
    Absolutely, I'm obsessed with character creation. I spend time making a character. Developin a story, then deleting them and starting over with the next. (I have silver account and I'm totally broke. lol) I can start a thread tho. I have screenshots.

I saw the first post in your thread mate. Nice stuff :smile: I think, however, it may be a good idea to crop your photos so that we can see your costumes better. I thought I would say that here instead of messing up your new thread with the advice.

Keep 'em coming!
    zrdRBy8.png
    edited April 2015
    I saw the first post in your thread mate. Nice stuff :smile: I think, however, it may be a good idea to crop your photos so that we can see your costumes better. I thought I would say that here instead of messing up your new thread with the advice.

Keep 'em coming!

Fair enough. I'll clean that up, I thought about it later in the evening after I posted originally.
    edited July 2017
    So, I was messing around with Pyrehawk's costume in the tailor and came up with a cool combination of Pharaoh foot accessories and the Sharkfin feet and came up with the idea of a Seagull themed toon who works with the coastguard, the DEA and the Port Authority called The Gull!.

As the sun sets our aquatic avian heroine keeps a watch over the port district. Those illegal drugs and arms shipments ain't gonna stop themselves...

szdOOE0.jpg

rrHSicW.jpg

The thing on her back is a hi-tech, underwater, twin-turbo boost pack that propels her like a torpedo. It also works on land for quick boosts into the air (rocket jump). The beak of her head mask is actually a disguised, ultra-modern rebreather apparatus.

I think I've done enough avian themed toons for a while :p
    zrdRBy8.png
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My latest toon. The mutant King of chlorophyll......
    Doc Floronic
    screenshot_2015-04-04-23-16-33.jpg

This has to be one my favorite player designs. Well done !
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
    edited July 2017
    riverocean wrote: »
    This has to be one my favorite player designs. Well done !

Cheers mate:biggrin: I love this design too, but unfortunately this toon's a bit of a non-starter as he needs plant control powers.........dammit Cryptic! Give me them ;)

Edit: I've had to change image hosting sites so sorry the link you quoted doesn't work in the last post.
    zrdRBy8.png
    edited July 2017
    Hello again. I decided to revamp my super-stretchy rubber-man toon's (Rebound) tights to give him a slightly more dynamic look and to this end have created 5 different styles. I have found a chest and arms/hip wear(subligar) combination that I like but am torn with choice for the bottom half.

Here's what I have come up with....

sHf88s9.jpg

I'm leaning towards the 4th one, myself. Any thoughts?
    zrdRBy8.png
    edited May 2015
    I'm leaning towards the 4th one, myself. Any thoughts?

I second the motion for the fourth costume. The boots/tights give him a spiral feeling, like a coil or spring. It looks very good for him, in my opinion.
  • morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Fourthed, though I might use the yellow boot soles from #5 with it. Not sure; it's a subtle distinction either way.
    edited July 2017
    I second the motion for the fourth costume. The boots/tights give him a spiral feeling, like a coil or spring. It looks very good for him, in my opinion.
    I, too, endorse four.
    morigosa wrote: »
    Fourthed, though I might use the yellow boot soles from #5 with it. Not sure; it's a subtle distinction either way.

Number 4 it is folks! And I took your advice on the yellow soles, @morigosa.....

RI0I7J6.jpg

Thanks guys, your help was invaluable :)
    zrdRBy8.png
    edited August 2016
    My costume thread here has been languishing in limbo for a long time without any updates so I decided to do something about it. I have taken new screenshots and changed/improved many of my costumes and edited a lot of my old posts to incorporate the new screenshots.

I have also found a format that I like to display my costumes. Please feel feel to browse through folks and tell me what you think, your advice is much appreciated.

I'll keep it regularly updated now.......... the new pulp version of Owl Woman will be next, then a few new heoes will follow! :D
    zrdRBy8.png
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Very nice. I love your consistency in your looks.
  • pallas0001pallas0001 Posts: 157 Arc User
    You really design a great looking character, just saying.

edited July 2017
    After making Leatherwing's pulp costume I had to make one for Owl Woman. It's hard for me to define the decade with this costume, but if pressed I'd say it's more 1930s....

Very nice. I love your consistency in your looks.

Thanks mate. Maybe it's because I only know how to make characters one way though ;)

You really design a great looking character, just saying.

Why, thank you. I like your toons too. I've seen them around over the years and Sparrowhawk has some amazing commissions of her :)
    zrdRBy8.png
    edited July 2017

Just so we're clear, MG? I'm totally swiping that Pulp Jacket + skirt combo at some point in the future ;)

Swipe away mate, but in return I'll need your build advice. Due to the sweeping power changes that came in recently I'm gonna have to redo a lot of my builds and I'm not the best at that sort of thing (I spend too much time in the tailor ;-)), so I'm going to gradually ask for new builds for my toons in that section of the forums.

It would be cool if you could pitch in when the discussion goes down mate. I value your build advice :)

And as always, you remain the game's master of four-color looks!

Heh, bollocks. I owe it all to these guys...

:D
    zrdRBy8.png
    edited July 2017
    A year or two after I started buying comic-books a friend of the family gave me a few boxes of theirs from the late 1960s and the 1970s. They were mainly Marvel Comics and I was amazed and captivated by the psychedelic, cosmic adventures of Adam Warlock and other characters that Jim Starlin was involved in writing about and drawing.

His work on reviving Adam Warlock was mind-blowing and covered many psychological and theological themes. He kinda set the standard for cosmic superhero comic-books.

In the spirit of those comic-books I created the Hypernaut who is kind of a mash-up of Adam Warlock and Captain Mar-Vel. Here he is.......

The Rocker eye make-up and the top accessory from Ironclad's helmet really helped to finalise this look.

Hey, just let me know what you need help with. I'm holding my head above water on the changes. I don't always catch threads though, so it's better to @ me to summon my attention as needed. I'll pay a bit more attention, though!

Will do....and thank you :)
    zrdRBy8.png
    edited July 2017
    I promised myself that I wouldn't update any of Leatherwing's costumes for a while but with the acquisition of the inmate costume I saw the potential to improve Leatherwing's Victorian costume and made two new variants. One rooftop avenger type and one with a mechanical wing harness...

The waist bag coming out was perfectly timed for this costume.
    zrdRBy8.png
  • necratech009necratech009 Posts: 68 Arc User
    Great job on all the looks! They are fantastic! Always have loved your looks, keep'em coming. :smile: Also, a side note, Captain Britain is one of my favorite characters. Especially from back in the day. You've got superb taste. Alan Davis' version is just excellent. Again, always love your style.
    edited July 2017

Great job on all the looks! They are fantastic! Always have loved your looks, keep'em coming. :smile: Also, a side note, Captain Britain is one of my favorite characters. Especially from back in the day. You've got superb taste. Alan Davis' version is just excellent. Again, always love your style.

TY Necra. I love the costumes you make too, I especially love the way you've nailed the layering of different costume parts that have different textures, particularly the way you do metal parts mixed with glass parts. Your use of colouring with those is amazing and you get some fantastic effects. Unbelievable that you're colour-blind!

So you noticed my new avatar :) As far as Mr Brian Braddock goes, I'm a huge fan. Especially of the Alan Davis and Alan Moore stuff. They did amazing work in revamping his background, stories and of course his costume. The old one was such a mish-mash and Davis changed it into something truly iconic...

Long live the Captain Britain Corps!

zrdRBy8.png
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User

I promised myself that I wouldn't update any of Leatherwing's costumes for a while but with the acquisition of the inmate costume I saw the potential to improve Leatherwing's Victorian costume and made two new variants. One rooftop avenger type and one with a mechanical wing harness...

photo LeatherSteampunkCollage.jpg

photo LeatherSteampunkWingsCollage.jpg

photo LeatherSteampunkReference.jpg

The waist bag coming out was perfectly timed for this costume.

This is epic. That is how Jim Gordon's Batman should have looked. The win is strong here.

nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
    edited July 2017
    nepht said:

This is epic. That is how Jim Gordon's Batman should have looked. The win is strong here.

You know what? You're totally right there Nepht. And now that you've said that I can't unsee it :o

Edit: and sorry @nepht , I had to change image hosting sites so the link in your quote didn't work in the last post.

zrdRBy8.png
  • hemslordhemslord Posts: 164 Arc User

photo CBsCostume.jpg

The one on the right slightly reminds me ever so slightly of "Hero 1" from CoH:
    photo Hero_1_zpshsp0zvmb.jpg

Ah memories...

Anyway, loving the costumes! I'm looking to remake a whole wardrobe for one of my characters at some point and have run into a creative void, but I believe that I may have found some inspiration which flicking through :smile:
    edited July 2017
    hemslord said:

The one on the right slightly reminds me ever so slightly of "Hero 1" from CoH:
    photo Hero_1_zpshsp0zvmb.jpg

Ah memories...

Yup, looks like CoH drew some inspiration from Captain Britain's mask to make Hero 1's helmet.
    hemslord said:

Anyway, loving the costumes! I'm looking to remake a whole wardrobe for one of my characters at some point and have run into a creative void, but I believe that I may have found some inspiration which flicking through :smile:

Thank you mate and I'm happy that I may have inadvertently helped :)
    zrdRBy8.png
    edited July 2017
    So, in a CC yesterday I saw a player using the rainy day aura on their pulp noir costume, I think it was @shortbus#4297 and it looked really good. So good that I nicked the idea for Noir Leatherwing....

A few years after I started buying American comic-books I was reading the latest issue of the All-Star Squadron (#31 in 1984) and I came across the character 'Midnight'...

In this issue Midnight races through the streets of Manhattan, clutching a metal box. Midnight's pursuers, Nazi soldiers in full uniform, close in on him. Midnight leaps aboard a speeding train, desperate to reach the All-Star Squadron.

Midnight battles Nazi soldiers on the train, suffering a gunshot wound to his shoulder. Returning fire, Midnight causes one of the solders to accidentally drop a grenade, which derails the train. Midnight is the only survivor of the train wreck.

Midnight stumbles into the first official meeting of the All-Star Squadron, and collapses. The Phantom Lady opens the metal box Midnight carried, and discovers the unconscious form of the Doll Man.

"Flash, you idiot. How many guys less than a foot tall do you know?"

This was my first introduction to an actual pulp-noir style mystery-man (I was just a kid and Scotland in 1984 wasn't exactly awash with American comics), a character with a suit, a fedora and a mask was entirely new to me. I loved the concept and had never even heard of the Spirit.

Midnight was created by Everett Arnold, and written by Jack Cole and unashamedly inspired by the Spirit. Arnold had worked with Spirit creator Will Eisner in selling the Spirit to newspapers in the early days, and according to Eisner was worried that the Spirit creator would be drafted and killed during WW II, leaving him nothing to replace the creator-owned character with (which is a little bizarre, given Quality had the Clock, who was probably the inspiration for the Spirit to begin with). Hence the development of Midnight.

Like all of Quality's line of characters, he became the property of DC when Quality folded in 1956. While some of the Quality heroes returned to the comics relatively soon after this, Midnight would have to wait nearly thirty years, until 1984.

zrdRBy8.png
    Yeah I thought about using that...except I have 4 auras for my Inspector already

Yeah I thought about using that...except I have 4 auras for my Inspector already

I think you should make a thread for your costumes, Ratty. This end of the forums has been reeeeeeeeaaly quiet since they changed to these vanilla ones and we need more costume fanatics like you to show off their stuff.

More inspiration is a good thing.

zrdRBy8.png
  • Damnit, Zen! You are still inspiring me to create updates for exciting and making new characters! Awesome job on your own updates, though! :smile:

I think you should make a thread for your costumes, Ratty. This end of the forums has been reeeeeeeeaaly quiet since they changed to these vanilla ones and we need more costume fanatics like you to show off their stuff.

More inspiration is a good thing.

You know, I would but the forums don't like me here. On my mobile I can't quote anyone and on my desktop if I load more than 3 pics, it will erase my entire post (even if I am editing my post) like I wasn't even there.
    edited July 2017
    Forums scewing up and multiplying posts, feel free to delete this one please @bluhman
    zrdRBy8.png
    edited June 2017
    So, I finally got around to taking some screenshots of this guy. He's a dark-alley anti-hero who is rather obsessive in hunting down, scaring, torturing and maiming/killing the lowlife scum that prey on the innocent, much like the Punisher or Rorschach. He has also gained a bit of a reputation as a monster hunter and loves nothing better than beheading members of the New Shadows and the Dogz (he has a silver edge on his axes and blade bracer).

He has also befriended (or perhaps been befriended by) a large Raven that took to following him around during his patrols of the undesirable neighbourhoods. After all, there is always plenty of carrion left in his wake.

If I RPed, or if I was a comic-book writer, I would probably add a supernatural element concerning the Raven over a long story arc. Maybe it's a messenger of a diety of death and/or vengeance and that diety is subtly influencing this character's actions.

Meet the Headsman......

I'm really pleased with how the Archer Collar, Noose and the Golden Age Hood came together to look like one piece tied around the neck. I'm also glad to find a good, thematic use for the Mechanon Bracer.

We need weapon auras. A blood-splattered costume and squeeky-clean axes looks wierd. Normal animals (vanity pets) would also be a nice addition to the game, probably as AFs. When the Wizard set was coming out there was talk of a black cat familiar but it never materialised.

Headsman: /hĕdz′mən/ (n) An executioner, especially one who executes by beheading.

zrdRBy8.png
  • Looks like a nice chap, Zen. :smile: And I forgot to ask last time, but where exactly did you get those belt pouches in your Frontrunner character?

Looks like a nice chap, Zen. :smile: And I forgot to ask last time, but where exactly did you get those belt pouches in your Frontrunner character?

They're the Waist Bags that come with the Loyal Sidekick version of the Harajukuwookie twins from the Z Store, mate. They come in a seperate unlock with two unique weapon skins from the twins. I have seen that unlock in the AH but at an exorbitant price.

zrdRBy8.png
  • Looks like a nice chap, Zen. :smile: And I forgot to ask last time, but where exactly did you get those belt pouches in your Frontrunner character?

They're the Waist Bags that come with the Loyal Sidekick version of the Harajukuwookie twins from the Z Store, mate. They come in a seperate unlock with two unique weapon skins from the twins. I have seen that unlock in the AH but at an exorbitant price.

Oooh, I see! Well, it shouldn't pose a problem in buying the twins Sidekicks on my end, though. So thanks for clearing that up!

Oh yeah, and on a off-topic note: I will make a new thread with my characters. So expect that as soon as I make some new screenshots of them all. :smile: